Livestorm

Engage your audience with better video communication

4,7
Enrico D.
Industry: Broadcast Media

Perfect Webinar platform

Reviewed on 2020/06/03

We use livestorm in a daily case.
Producing live-webinars works fine.
Also a lot of daily webinars up to 200 participants to very different themes and attendees works.
A big feature is also the extensive automatisation possibilities.

Pros

It is easy to use, has an enormous compatibility and some outstanding features.

Cons

The compatibility mode for bringing attendees to stage could be a little more relaxed.
It doesnt work also on iPad pro as a "Mobile device".

Catherine T.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Livestorm has made events management during a pandemic painless

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/12/01

Livestorm allows us to engage with supporters all around the world both live and on demand.

Pros

It is incredibly simple to use by all parties and it's very reliable.

Cons

We would like to use this software more for more complex multi-session events like conferences, which does not seem to be an option at the moment.

Mark L.
Industry: Events Services

Livestorm fills the gaps

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/04/20

The support team seem very responsive, but during lockdown they are not focused on improving the product, rather on making sure that the product actually works with all this increased demand. Fair enough!

Pros

I researched a lot of different webinar packages before choosing live storm. Some of the best features for us were the fact that you could have six different participants on the screen at once, the fact that the attendee doesn’t need to download a file, the flexibility of the registration page, and the ability to upload presentation slides. It looks slick too.

Cons

There are some features that could still be improved. Although it seems to be in beta-phase at the moment the ability for replays of any webinar to have presentation slides is important and not currently possible outside of the beta trial. Also, the display of upcoming webinars could be improved a lot. In other words rather than just one long list of upcoming webinars perhaps allow a list of today’s webinars, this week’s webinars, etc

Melissa K.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Great web platform for webinar events!

Reviewed on 2020/09/04

Running our events through this platform has helped us continue to build our relationship and trust with our clients.

Pros

The software is easy to use and requires no downloads. This is key for our clients who attend our events. With other software platforms, downloads are often necessary for it to function and many of our clients do not have these admin rights on their PCs.

As the admin for this software I could not believe how well integrated everything was, Livestorm thought of almost everything you could need to seamlessly and professionally run webinar events. The event analytics are at your fingers tips evaluation.

Cons

As we began to use the software we identified some improvements that could be made. These recommendations were made to Livestorm and implemented in short order. At this time I have no complaints!

Andy W.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Makes all of our webinars easy

Reviewed on 2020/06/03

We finally found webinar software that gives us the interaction tools and the quality of video that we were looking for!

Pros

Easy to use, a few quirks in setting up, but fine once we got started. The whole team uses it across the globe for weekly webinars with customers. Good quality video and good interaction tools.

Cons

Registration for attendees could be streamlined just a little.

Craig S.

The perceived hard, made Easy with Livestorm

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/03/12

The experience has been and on the few occasions we had some issues, the Livestorm customer care Team was prompt in resolving the issue and showing us how best to get the most out of the platform

Pros

At Highlight, we need a platform to deliver Customer facing webinars that was easy to use, easy to setup and most importantly delivered quality webinars at a touch of the button.

Livestorm was an easy choice. At Highlight, we deliver bi-weekly webinars to our community and each and everyone has been successful and well-received.

Cons

There is nothing I can find fault with Livestorm.

Asim K.
Industry: Management Consulting

Great Platform for Webinars

Reviewed on 2020/06/05

As an organization, we used Google Suites but signed on to Livestorm as Google Meet would not less us share/play a media file easily. Also, access control is non existent in Google Meet.

Pros

Ability to easily share/play a video file without any audio or buffering issues.
Ease of sending invites and tracking of who has unsubscribed.
Ability to edit emails and the frequency that are sent out.

Cons

Currently, there is no way to copy over the attendees from my previous webinar to my next webinar or even export to excel at least

Laura A.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Easy e smarter webinar

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

I made 10 webinars in the last 15 days and I am very satisfied

Pros

This is very easy to use, I like the customization and i can integrate it with a lot of app

Cons

I don't like that only 6 people can stay together on the room. I'd like to have at least 10 people together, and i'd like to have the name in the windows of all the contributors as Zoom

Zachary B.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Livestorm helped us scale up our webinar usage in response to COVID-19

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

Overall, Livestorm has helped our organization greatly. Before COVID-19, we were using a different webinar platform that gave us constant headaches. Since we switched over to Livestorm (luckily right before the pandemic hit), we are averaging about a webinar a day. While there have been occasional stability issues and some bumps in the road, Livestorm has more often than not been up to the task. They also have a fantastic customer service team.

Pros

Easy to use and intuitive. We've had very little trouble training our team of Outreach Managers on how to use this software. All the in-webinar features are useful and appreciated.

Cons

Limited capacity for webinars is not an issue for us most of the time, but has occasionally been a problem. We would also love to see an integration for Livestorm with Salesforce.

Hanna T.
Industry: Medical Devices

DON'T subscribe to Livestorm!!!

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/12/08

- It is very difficult to run a video from a Powerpoint presentation on the platform, the sound simply doesnt work. You have to download other softwares and have a very special organization to make it work. Of course when it's your first webinar and you have no idea what the hell is going on... you are happy to be organized and rehearse as it took us 24hours to figure it out, thanks to the ZERO HELP from customer service!
- Sometimes... you don't know why or when... your speaker's Powerpoint presentation wont work on Livestorm. It will only be a black screen... For NO REASON AT ALL!!! Just that the platform is not technically ready!!! Again, we were luck to rehearse in advance but I lost 48hours of the time of a very important surgon who was my speaker and stressed out a lot about this technical problem, she went to buy new webcams, eternal microphones.... we even payed for 12hourse help from a technician to go see her in Israel and try to figure it out!!! Nothing worked! Of course NO CUTOMER SERVICE was answering my complaints except only one hour before the webinar to tell me that it wasnt a fixable problem... I had to PAY AN OTHER SUNSCRIBTION TO ZOOM 1 hour before my webinar and send the new link to all my participants... of course it worked perfectly on zoom in one second!
I cant tell you how disapointed I am in Livestorm, I have no trust in them anymore, I am complaining to everyone about it and cant even get an answer for the customer service !

Pros

The design of the software is nice. We chose it originally because it is a French company.

Cons

This software is not ready to be used for the general public. I have had many technical problems that completely enabled my webinar to start, mostly because of incompatibility with Powerpoint presentations. Powerpoint presentations are often at the core of a webinar... there CANT BE ANY INCOMPATIBILITY!
Also, there is NO COMPETENT NOR ACTIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I am paying 2500 dollars a year to speak to a chat bot and maybe have someone answering my questions 24hours after I need an answer!!!
ALSO, it is extremely EXPENSIVE, has no cost flexibility, if you need only one month webinar with more than 250 subscribers you have to pay for the whole year

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Devon S.
Industry: Construction

Exactly What We Needed

Reviewed on 2020/03/10

I was looking for an easy to use software to hold live online classes and tested 3-4 different providers. Livestorm was perfect. It does everything it says it will do. When I've run into problems or questions, customer support is great.

Pros

Attendees don't have to install software on their computer to attend our live classes. They can listen in from their cell or tablet if they're away from their computer. It's easy for us to use. Settings are saved from one event to another. Very flexible. The recording is clean and quickly available for download. The reports are detailed and helpful.

Cons

I there were a connection between our WooCommerce store and Livestorm without Zapier; otherwise, it's perfect.

Industry: Biotechnology

The system failed 2 hours before my webinar and they did nothing except to say sorry

Reviewed on 2020/04/23

A horrible night mare

Pros

Ease of use, efficient reporting system..

Cons

the software crashed 2 hours before the event. disaster

Response from Livestorm

Hi there,

We indeed experienced two down times of a bit over 1 hour each in April. This was due to the increase of usage we've been seeing due to Covid-19. We had made a few updates to try and support this traffic, but it wasn't enough. We course-corrected since and are continuously improving the stability of the platform. This is a long lasting effort from the team.

Down times are very unfortunate for Livestorm, where our customers trust us to host live events. So when the platform goes down, there is nothing we can do to truly make up for the bad experience this causes. We know this.

However, we reached out to all customers impacted and did our best to repay them. We extensively offered refunds.

This is an anonymous review, I have no way to see how we handled your case in particular. But please if you'd like to go over your support request again, could you reach out to [email protected] ? I'll personally look into it.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Lars P.
Company size: Self Employed

Livestorm is a great tool to educate customers

Reviewed on 2020/03/19

Pros

I use Livestorm to arrange weekly webinars to inform my customers about how to get the full benefits of all the features of my software application Pacoship 2.0. Livestorm is very userfriendly and has the important benefit that visitors to my webinars do not need to download anything to acces my Livestorm webinars. This is important to me, since most of my customers are organisations that would most likley ban the download of software necessary to access webinars from other webinar solutions. Livestorm is very easy use both for me who give the webinars, and for those who attend. Chat, questions, attendance lists works very well. Image quality and sound is excellent the way use it. Because Livestorm is easy to use, I can concentrate on the content of the webinars i provide. Because my customers find Livestorm webinars easy to attend, I have a high rate of attendees and repeat attendess. User support is also very good.

Cons

There is really nothing I do not like about Livestorm.

Industry: Banking

Brilliant Software

Reviewed on 2020/04/20

Really pleased. Will continue to use in the near future.

Pros

Livestorm is incredibly easy to use. It's support staff are incredibly helpful, and it's great to see that they are constantly taking on user feedback and offering new features as a result.

Cons

Would be great if you didn't have to use other apps to do things like bulk import registrants as an administrator. However, I did appreciate the livestorm team showing me how to use the app (zapier).

Annamaria K.
Industry: Environmental Services

Excellent Service

Reviewed on 2020/05/04

Livestorm came in handy for us when the covid-19 pandemic put our in person events to a halt. It has been an incredible smooth experience not only for us staff but also for our event attendees.

Pros

Livestorm was an ideal platform for our organisation as it does not require our attendees to download any additional software. It allows us to have full control of the webinars and it is very easy to customize.

Cons

It would be handy to improve the squares of each presenter alongside presentations. As the presentation can take of the whole screen it minimizes out speakers quite a bit.

Pranay M.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Had a positive experience in using this tool.

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

This tool Saved lot of time and money.

Pros

Very user Friendly tool. Attendees can join the webinar in a simple way. Customer service is awesome. The recording feature is awesome, where recordings can be used for future reference. It can be setup easily.

Cons

I feel that it is costly and Small organizations cannot afford to buy. This is the only cons i have.

Response from Livestorm

HI Pranay, we're glad you're enjoying your time using Livestorm! And particularly on user-friendliness and customer service, as these are 2 very important focuses for us that we thrive to improve every day.

We try our best to make Livestorm accessible to organisations operating on a tight budget and even ONGs. So I'd suggest any smaller company reading this, to email us for more details about our specific pricing programs :)

Thank you again so much for your kind review.

Best,
Thibaut

Kevin S.
Industry: Computer Software

Livestorm makes me WANT to do more webinars for our customers!

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

Our customers are learning our software so much more quicker and easier. Sign-ups of our webinars are at record highs.

Pros

It's incredibly easy to use. The automatic emails and notifications that are customizable make it incredibly easy to remind my customers that a webinar is coming up. Using the actual software is a breeze, and my customers find it really easy to log-in, ask questions during the webinar and even submit poll answers. Sending a recording after the webinar is done is also super helpful.

Cons

The only downside is I'm not able to categorize my webinars on my website. For instance, I want to be able to show "Advanced Webinars" as a separate section to "Introductory Webinars". Other than that, everything is great!

Response from Livestorm

Thanks so much for your review Kevin! We're delighted to see you're finding success with Livestorm and that your participants also enjoy it :)

Your feedback is duly noted as well. I shared it with the success team to make sure we count it and will be able to let you know if any progress is made on event categorization!

Thibaut & the Livestorm team.

Ephraim S.
Industry: Real Estate

Livestorm

Reviewed on 2020/06/01

Pros

It's a great software and very user friendly, was able to set up everything without any training.

Cons

The fact that when you have the 100 attendees option, you have to contact their support team to limit the registrants for you. They must make that option available to users.

Jaclyn K.
Industry: Legal Services

Webinars with Livestorm

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/05/21

With Livestorm, we are able to teach our clients on a mass scale.

Pros

The automated emails before and after the webinar, the ability to invite a co-host that's not a user, the registration pages are very clean, adding more sessions to a pre-existing webinar is very easy, and you have the option to duplicate webinars.

Cons

Sometimes when the recordings are played back, they are quite blurry. Getting a webinar started is not super intuitive.

Louise D.

Why didn't I use this sooner!

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

Everything from the industry leading products for a fraction of the price!

Pros

Monthly payment - can cancel at any time and just pay when you need it!
User interface is very intuitive
Has most of the key features of "Superior Software" for a fraction of the cost
Customer Service team are friendly and helpful
The translation engine is superb for setting up webinars with our overseas customers

Cons

You cannot record from a media file, just a shared window.
You can only have one host on a license (however the great workaround given is that you can share your login details and 'the host' can change the name to their name).

Response from Livestorm

Hi Louise and thank you for your review! About recording on media files, we wanted to clarify that it is currently possible (on beta, and we keep testing it extensively). We can activate it on your account upon request, just email [email protected] to ask us about it!

Team-wide accounts are also in the works, but we'll need more time to get it to a point where we can activate it for our users.

Thanks for sharing your feedback and using Livestorm :)

Akvile D.
Industry: Sports

All you may need!

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

The platform is great and has everything we need. We would never concider other platform unless we will get out of the participants limit. It's a pity that it has limited participants and the limit is too low (1000 max). Support could be faster and more helpful, but the software is so easy to use that we didn't miss support (just at the beginning).

Pros

We really liked the ease of using this software. It has everything we actually needed - separate chat and Q&A tabs, enough 'places' for speakers, ease of sharing & showing media, ease of importing paid participants through Zapier.

Cons

The maximum of participants (atendees) is too small. It seems that soon we will outgrow the platform so we will have to search for new one. None of the other platforms seem as great as this one.

Elise T.
Industry: Computer Software

Easy to use but looking for more features

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

Livestorm has helped to easily manage our virtual event series. Starting in March, our team was able to quickly learn and deploy Livestorm's webinar platform. Since then we've hosted over 25 webinar and have had a mostly positive experience. There have been a few connection errors and issues with loading media, but overall Livestorm has been an accessible and scalable system that allowed our team to efficiently manage several events.

Pros

The pros of Livestorm are:
- Easy to use. Simple UI
- Data collection system
- Simplicity of recording and sharing the recording
- Automated email system

Cons

Cons:
- Can only have 6 people on the webinar stage
- Limited design options and having certain features be compulsory (ex: mandatory filter color on banner image)
- Can only share 1 media file at a time. Would like to have multiple media files open and be able to switch between PDF to video to pdf
- Only being able to have one administrator who can edit the webinars

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Alexis M.

An essential tool !

Reviewed on 2017/03/07

If you would create and stream online presentations or training sessions with a professionnal level you have to use livestorm! We created our first webinar with a simple free tool found online and we discovered that webinars have worked pretty well for us. So we decided to use the same kind of tools but with a professional level this time and finally when we used livestorm for the very first time we were astonished by the effeciency and the simplicity of this magic tool. All the features that a modern marketer is dreaming about are here (high stream quality, tracking, customizable transactionnal emailing, integrations with third-party applications, replay, and many others). The customer support is very responsive an the team regularly offers novelties and tricks. I recommend this tool without any hesitations. Just try it and appreciate to generate leads or to help your existing customers!

Industry: Warehousing

Upgrade to Premium

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Pros

You will need to upgrade to Premium to get the full potential of this product.

Cons

It's also a con that you need to buy the Premium to get the full potential.

Response from Livestorm

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to submit your review, and telling us what you're looking for.

When you sign up for our free trial, you'll get to create and hold as many webinars as you like. We don't have a day limit with our free trial and no credit card is required.

The only difference between our free trial and our Premium plan is the duration and the attendee limit. This means you'll have access to all of our features during our free trial. You can really test if Livestorm is the right fit for you, before you subscribe to one of our Premium plans.

If you'd still like to run a test with increased duration / attendee capacity, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected], and we'd be happy to help with this for your first webinar.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Elif and the Livestorm team.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Steve M.
Industry: Online Media

Crashed Everyones Brower and they didn't care.

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/04/29

Looks good. it unusable and presale support sucks.

Pros

It's not Zoom and it is brower based which would be a huge plus if it worked.

Cons

It crashed every single users brower.
Sales support was slow to non existent.

Response from Livestorm

Hi Steve, this is Thibaut from the Livestorm team. I looked into your experience with Livestorm and see that indeed you had issues when running your test.

Omid, reached out to clarify the results of the connectivity test you sent out. It turns out the issues were due to low bandwidth and packet loss. As such, he suggested ways to improve that. At any rate, running a second test can sometimes resolve these issues and that's what I would suggest doing if you want to give Livestorm a second chance.

I totally understand that you expected a faster and more personal response from us, and this is what the team strives to provide for all users. But right now the Covid-19 pandemic has brought an increase in traffic and demand that forced us to increase response time as well as the available time to look into individual issues. We are still adapting to this situation.

We appreciate your feedback and hope you'll find the perfect webinar solution for your needs, be it Livestorm or another one.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10