Flipcause Reviews

Flipcause

Flipcause helps nonprofits for their fundraising campaign

4.8/5 (105 reviews)
Nicole N.

Our humane society has been extremely impressed with the ease and functionality of using Flipcause.

Reviewed on 2018/06/15

We can now now update and customize our website whenever and however we like instead of calling a third party. I have zero experience with website editing and even for someone like me it is extremely easy to figure out. The biggest benefit has been that the credit card processing is all essentially done through our website as well. They charge the lowest credit card processing fee we have seen and then all the information is stored in a donor database in the back end. Another great perk of this software is the customer service/design team that comes with it. We host many events and donation campaigns throughout the year and they make it easy to customize and create something for each event on their website including ticket sales and specialty requests. If you don't have time to create the campaign yourself you can send the information over to them and they will create it for you. We really don't have enough great things to say about the Flipcause team because the change has just been so monumental since switching over. It is much less stressful to manage our website and donations and donor database through one company than having 6+ third parties we constantly have to call.

Pros

Prior to using Flipcause we had third party entities which hosted our website (3+ outside parties) plus more third parties that ran just the donation part of our website (again 3+ other parties). Because we were using all these third parties it was very difficult to track down individual transactions and edit our website or really just any of the basic components we needed to do. Switching to Flipcause has made a WORLD of difference. Now our online payments and website hosting/editing is all run through ONE company. We have saved a lot of money (and time) by cutting down on all the third parties we were using and have been able to take better control of our brand because it is so easy to run our website and donations on our own. A major bonus has been the donor database feature of the website. Customer service is always quick to get back to you, and they will even set up donation campaigns and events for you. Another great thing about Flipcause is they are always adding and updating features. I feel like they truly listen to their clients and what they need and update their software to fit that. Unlike other companies we've worked with, I truly feel like they are listening to us and care what we have to say.

Cons

We have been very satisfied with the software, and the customer service team. It may not be the ideal software for a very large non-profit, but for small-medium ones I think it is a great fit.

Megan F.

Everything is wonderful except mobile

Reviewed on 2018/05/09

Pros

What you get for the cost is incredible. No hidden fees or surprises. The success team is very responsive as well as the company as a whole. I've seen changes implemented in the platform that I asked for! They are constantly working to improve the platform and add everything that could be helpful to an organization.

Cons

The new mobile functionality has not been a good experience for us, and the follow up support with our problems and questions after our event was lackluster or didn't have the sense of urgency we would expect when you feel like you're missing a lot of money from an event. We thought transactions were going through during the event but it appears many of them didn't actually, with no way to recoup any of it.

Response from Flipcause

Hi Megan,

Thank you for your feedback! Providing stellar service is of utmost importance to us. We're so sorry to hear about your event experience! We just pushed an update to the mobile app that fixes this payment issue from recurring. Please update your app to the latest version. We're also looking into what happened with the particular response you received to the issue, and want to make sure this doesn't happen again. We'll be reaching out directly to you as well to ensure this has been fully resolved. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention!

Rachelle S.

I've been at two non-profits and used Flipcauase for both organizations. It's user friendly!

Reviewed on 2018/03/18

Pros

This platform is extremely easy to use and easy to teach. I'm glad that it has an intuitive backend that I'm able to use and train folks on my team within a day. The best part is, every time I need training on a new function, my success manager is able to get on a call with me within 24-48 hours to help. It's worth the money. For our non-profit, this platform has increased donor engagement for our year-round programs.

Cons

I wish Flipcause was compatible with our CRM system. Unfortunately, we've had our system in place for years but it's not a big deal that to us. Our membership database is always changing so it's not a huge inconvenience to import new contacts.

Response from Flipcause

Thank you for your review and feedback, Rachelle! I am so glad to hear of the ways this has made your life easier. I hope we can bridge the CRM gap for you soon. Did you know that we're just weeks away from releasing our own CRM as well? You can contact Christy or Alex for more details. Looking forward to seeing if this helps! Let us know how else we may be of assistance. -Darya

Sandy F.

simple, user-friendly, exactly what we needed WHEN we needed it

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Other than an awesome website, a whole team of people there to help make my non-profit look better, and a super-easy way for our donors to interact with us? Not too much :)

Pros

Flipcause is the best service provider that I've ever encountered! At a time that the non-profit I work with needed a little boost with some of the services we were offering, but didn't know how to get there.... then came Flipcause. **Cue Angels and the Chorus** Events are easy to put out to the world, donations are streamlined, and even our website is able to be included. Have a question? Ask it. They're there for you. Need help putting an event out there? Ask it. Don't have time to put all the pieces of your event out into the world? They've got your back. As someone who has worked with a different companies that have all the pieces spread all around, this is the *BEST* because everything is all.right.here. One stop shop. And friendly. And our non-profit budget can manage it. Just do it. Hop on the 'why flipcause' call. You won't regret it!

Cons

Literally nothing. If I *HAD* to say a least, it's that it's not immediate. And that's on me... usually because I forgot to send them something... but it's as close to immediate as you can get when dealing with a company (literally 24 hours usually)!

Nancy B.

I LOVE Flipcause

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

Our small nonprofit has never had a database, now we do. I can make changes easily on our website. I set up our first store! The customer service for questions or concerns is EXCELLENT. You reach a real person and they care about your call.

Pros

Super easy to use. Making website changes is a piece of cake! Setting up donation pages, special fundraisers and an online store is intuitive and simple to do. And now Flipcause has a database (not sure if it is still in beta) and you can pull all the reports you need! I love this company from their software to their AMAZING customer service.

Cons

Nada, there is not one complaint about Flipcause.

Response from Flipcause

Hi Nancy, thank you for this review! It makes us so happy to hear that we're successfully accomplishing what we set out to do: saving you time, helping you get off of spreadsheets for data management, and most of all being able to be there for you with real live humans who care about your work! Don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything else we can do to make your life easier.
- Darya, Client Experience Director

Joel daniel H.

Customer-centric, growing, value-priced.

Reviewed on 2018/06/16

Pros

The Flipcause team is very responsive to their customers. They don't feel like some gigantic organization that doesn't have time for you, like a lot of services out there. They're constantly working to expand and refine their product, and as a fellow startup, I can appreciate their roadmap and progress. And I don't think you'll find any other software that does as much for non-profits for their pricing. It's pretty unheard of.

Cons

Some of the backend of setting up campaigns and managing contacts is not as intuitive as I would want it to be. However, their support teams are super-accessible and willing to help. And, honestly, the more that a system is able to do, the less intuitive it generally is...no matter the system, you have to put in the work to understand it.

Sarah R.

Flipcause has been invaluable in organizing and developing our new non profit campaigns and goals.

Reviewed on 2017/11/19

Highly beneficial to our very small non-profit in developing fundraising campaigns and in planning and hosting events-it is a cost effective low overhead administrative tool that we have found to be invaluable.

Pros

Flipcause provides a useful financial reporting structure for small non-profits and a creative springboard for fundraising ideas. The staff is available and helpful in problem solving . The simplification of record keeping provided by this system allows us to focus on our programming and on the animal residents of our Sanctuary without a big administrative overhead.

Cons

Would like to see a donate by text feature added- believe that may be available soon and the addition of this feature would make fundraising easier.

Randy j L.

Best Non-profit Merchant

Reviewed on 2018/08/23

I'm currently working with my fifth customer and implementing FlipCause and my customers just love their services and customer service. So when my clients are happy I'm happy.

Pros

Customer service is their superpower. The software is definitely the easiest to use but their customer service is beyond anything I'm accustomed to. As a website developer I"m always advising clients on merchant services, and flipcause is my number one for nonprofits.

Cons

The portal is a little dated but has not reflection of the product or service.

Response from Flipcause

Randy, thank you so much for your thoughtful review. We love to hear what's working for you and the opportunity to provide timely and personal support to help our partnered organizations grow and do more!

Debbie J.

Excellent customer support with a very quick response time. Very easy to use!!!

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

Ease of use. We are able to use Flipcause for all of our financial backend needs. Campaigns can be tailored to use peer to peer fundraising, event ticket sales, merchandise sales and volunteer management. The platform is also donor friendly and gives the donor the option to cover all fees so that more funds come to us. They will also design individual campaigns for us - this is HUGE for a small staff of two.

Cons

Like with anything new the hardest part is simply learning the basics! I have found it hard to find tutorials on my own but their customer service staff is so quick to respond that it really is a non-issue.

Hands down this is the best tool for small nonprofits .... a must have!

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

Integrates in one place your website, various campaigns (events, donations, volunteers, etc.), donor management, and payment processing. Much less expensive than using separate tools. Fabulous support and service!

Cons

Still in development and so sometimes the campaign tools don't have the degree of flexibility to do very specific tasks, eg.: In-kind donations without payment processing (I did a work-around in Volunteer); Pay-at-the-door option for event registration. But the Flipcause staff is excellent in either creating the tool or showing me a work-around.

Response from Flipcause

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that our support team has been able to help you get the most out of our tools. We are always looking to make improvements and your feedback is valuable in guiding those changes. We are currently working on some updates with the goal of making our campaign tools more flexible, we are excited to share those updates soon. As for Pay-at-the-door option for event registration, great news, we have launched our Flipcause LIVE Mobile App and card reader that would be able to accept payments during an event! You can call us at 800-523-1950 or email your Success Manager and they can get you set up with a card reader for your next event.

Tory R.

Flipcause impresses me everyday! It beats eTapestry and does even more than we hoped initially!

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

Flipcause helps us promote and solicit donations for projects, manage donor information and communication and, to our surprise, is the exact tool we needed for providing online registration for people who will participate in projects.

Flipcause has allowed us to work more efficiently by providing the tools and means for participants to create their own fundraising page, eliminates paperwork, and makes reporting very easy.

We were expecting to have to use (and pay for) two or three different solutions to accomplish our goals, but Flipcause addresses all our needs for one low cost.

Pros

The look is very clean and professional for our customer who use it
The ability to clone previous projects is very efficient
The customer service and user help is unbelievable
There seems to be a solution for everything I want to do
For software, it is fairly intuitive and easy to learn
The cost makes it an amazing value

Cons

If I had to nitpick, I wish it had a way for the giver to register a pledge. We have to deactivate the activity page and that deactivates some of the features.

Response from Flipcause

Tory, thanks so much for your review! I'm so glad to hear of the ways this has made your life easier. Thank you also for your feedback on pledges. Pledge functionality is on our roadmap, but it may be some time before it's released. Keep sending us your suggestions, we're always building based on our clients' feedback! -Darya

Barbra D.

Flipcause has been a great transition for us from PayPal.

Reviewed on 2018/05/13

It is more user-friendly and more of our donors are using this process to submit donations rather than mailing checks. The Flipcause feature to email receipts and acknowledgments is wonderful too even though we still generate our in-house acknowledgments to donors and families.

Pros

We use Flipcause for online donations on our website. It simplifies this process for our donors. It gives them the opportunity to select from various fields for their donations and also includes the feature for our donor to opt to include the processing fee with their donation. The majority of our donors are including this expense in their donation which helps our agency in reducing cost.

Cons

I would like to see a detail of the items for each specific deposit we make. I typically have to manipulate the system to create what I need and then sometimes I have to cross things off.

Response from Flipcause

Hi Barbara,

Thanks so much for your feedback! We're so glad to hear you and your supporters are finding it easier to use and it's helping you save on processing fees. We are working on improving the transfer/funds process and would love to have your input. I'll be contacting you directly. - Darya

Flipcause will have you back-flipping with joy!

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

Our experience with Flipcause to date has been overwhelmingly favorable. The support team that services our account is always available in a timely manner, and whenever we connect with a member of the team, the issue at hand is swiftly resolved.

Pros

As a VERY small nonprofit organization, our team searched extensively for a partnering entity that would allow us to manage and track activity as efficiently and economically as possible. Thanks to Flipcause's excellent user interface, bargain pricing and UNSURPASSED customer service, our goals have been achieved.

Cons

In my personal experience, there is nothing that I dislike. That notwithstanding, I very much look forward to the day when Flipcause launches its full-up CRM platform.

Holl J.

Flipcause has become invaluable to my organization. Training was great and support is fast.

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

We use the software for ticket sales, registrations, donations, and peer to peer campaigns. It helps us keep track of event attendees and donors. Creating campaigns is fairly simple and the customer support center is great for those times I can't figure something out. I also like the low credit card percentage.

Cons

It is sometimes difficult to figure out how to run the exact report I want. There doens't seem to be a way to view a report before completing it to make sure I am capturing all the information I need. I would like to be able to view and change the report before sending it because if I miss something I have to start the process all over.

Theresa C.

Flipcause is an AWESOME platform and so incredibly easy to use. Pledge fulfillment is a breeze!

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

My accountant LOVES the reports I can generate for each campaign. I can easily create mailing lists, track donor gifts, and use the data to increase donor pledges. The web site is super simple to create with drag and drop elements. Customer service is top notch and the company is constantly finding ways to make a great product even better!

Cons

Ummmm... they just updated some functionality so this may be out of date (I haven't gone in to see the new dashboard) but it would be super duper to save graphic elements in the platform so you can build a gallery of photos and design elements instead of always having to upload them.

Lori C.

We LOVE it!!!!

Reviewed on 2018/05/09

Pros

The fact that we have control and it is quick and easy and looks great! We appreciate the drop in features.

Cons

No crowdfunding or mobile features also would like to see other options for headliners and large pictures.

Response from Flipcause

Hi Lori, thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear that Flipcause has been quick and easy to use. We definitely hear you about wanting more front-end design options, we are working on creating more options in the future and appreciate your suggestions. We do also have the ability to set up crowdfunding campaigns on Flipcause: https://www.flipcause.com/rewards. All of our features are also mobile responsive and we've recently launched our Flipcause LIVE Mobile App for IOS and Android and mobile card reader: https://www.flipcause.com/app. You can call us at (800) 523-1950 or email your Success Manager if you'd like support in setting up a crowdfunding campaign or getting a card reader.

Marilyn C.

Great prompt service. They did exactly as I'd asked in time for me to forge ahead!

Reviewed on 2017/11/05

Weebly? Great for our purposes.

Pros

I can do a lot with minimal skills and what I can't do, Team Phoenix does for me. It's not THAT different from Wordpress, which I've used in the past. The home page looks great. There's a SUPPORT button that pops up on each page, but it's respectfully in the lower right corner so it doesn't feel too grasping. We can change the content ourselves as we add more Peace Missions. Other Peace Games Ambassadors should be able to add their content too which will add more and more followers to our cause, which we desperately need!

Cons

Can't figure out how to add text to pix, but I'm getting there. My assistant figured out how to add a BLOG to the menu on her own, so it's not rocket science. I think I'll be able to figure it out so we can add the immediate and ongoing story of our work for our supporters. It's a learning process and certainly not rocket science! Whenever faced with a problem, the Team has fixed it within 2 days, so that solves the problem, but it feels best to DYI.

Joann L.

Great fundraising platform at a good value

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

We have raised a lot of donations and paid less for the transactions than when we used other fundraising platforms.

Pros

The software is easy to use, so our non-development staff can create their own fundraising campaigns. The cost and the transactions fees are also very low compared to what I found with other fundraising platforms. The customer service folks also always respond very quickly and are helpful.

Cons

I have suggested to Flipcause that they combine the Donation level selection page, Personal information entry page, and Card information entry page into one page. Less clicking for potential donors. They responded positively to my suggestion and are passing it on to their development team for a future update.

Vivian A.

Your team is always available and they provide excellent help.

Reviewed on 2018/07/11

Pros

Easy to use and adaptable to our website. Reports for all donations and student fees is easy to access. Our staff find it a great program.

Cons

Some features are not available. For example, we would like to use it for Donor information and tracking.

Response from Flipcause

Hi Vivian, thank you for your feedback. Great news, we recently launched our CRM beta which can be used to track donor information. Here's more information on our CRM beta: https://www.flipcause.com/crm. If you have any questions or concerns about CRM give us a call at 800-523-1950 or email your success manager.

Jim K.

From day one the service has been great, and it has not fallen off.

Reviewed on 2018/06/15

Ease of use, great pricing, makes many aspects of fundraising more efficient.

Pros

Flipcause's ease of use and pricing are the most wonderful aspects of the software.

We have a small staff for our non-profit, so having this tool make many aspects of fundraising for efficient is also great.

Cons

I already get a great return on investment, but I would like more functionality to be added. But in classic Flipcause style, they are working on adding more functionality!!! What a great decision to go with Flipcause.

Sierra W.

Superior Fundraising Software

Reviewed on 2018/12/20

Flipcause has helped our organization run more efficiently and our donations have increased since we started using.

Pros

All of our donations and fundraising data automatically sync with the software which is incredibly helpful because entering the dollar amounts is tedious. The reports feature is my favorite Flipcause feature because it helps us track funds and donor engagement. The cost if reasonable for non-profit organizations and its nice that the software is intended solely for non-profits. The direct link for donations and payment button look great on our website. The events and registration features are very useful for fundraising events. I also love that there is a mobile app as well.

Cons

The website editing tools were my least favorite feature but customer service was really helpful with figuring them out.

Glenna S.

Made the switch to Flipcause last fall and we've been very happy!

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

Clean, modern look. I also like the easy report features, simple one step process to add a payment, and the option to allow donors to cover their transaction fees.

Cons

Printing receipts is tricky - it wants to pull up the previous donor receipt and is slow.

I also would like to see an option for peer to peer fundraisers to be able to see their donors mailing addresses for hand written thank you notes. Anonymous donors do not show for peer to peer as well - it is fine not to show publicly but it would be much easier if it showed the individual fundraiser.

Email functionality from the database would also be a big bonus.

Sean T.

Embrace the technology! You won't regret it!

Reviewed on 2017/01/03

We are a very small organization who values every single dollar that comes in. The FlipCause platform allows us to operate much more efficiently while allowing our supporters an easy and secure avenue to contribute to our programming. While there is a learning curve with getting things set up initially, we are supported 100% by our wonderful Success Manager. She is knowledgeable and patient in getting us up to speed. In addition, they are always looking to improve and are appreciative of our feedback as it helps them to create a more robust system for us, the non-profit users.

Give it a shot! I promise you won't regret it!

Pros

Flexibility to customize

Cons

Learning curve, things are somewhat spread out so you have to go to a few different areas in order to make some changes.

Randy R.

Flipcause has been great adapting to our needs!

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

The adaptability for use by our 150+ member projects has been really helpful. The donation money arrives in the account quickly and it the reports are clear.

Cons

We gave up on the ticketing system because it wasn't user friendly. Data entry was painfully slow and other ticketing services run more smoothly.

Cristie N.

Excellent

Reviewed on 2019/03/25

Each time we want to make a change or add something to our site, the team is quick, responsive and detailed with our requests. The turn times have made it easy for us to launch our new ideas. We are happy with the service that Team Super Nova provides our team.

Pros

I love the features that flipcause provides with the website from the fundraising ability to the CRM database

Cons

We have not had any issues with the software.

Response from Flipcause

Cristie, we¿re thrilled to hear that your team and concierge is helping you get your jobs done quicker! Stellar service is hugely important to us. Thank you for your review, and don¿t hesitate to let me know if there¿s anything else we can do! ¿¿
- Darya, Client Experience Director