Thinkific

Create, market and sell online courses with Thinkific

Pamela K.
  • Industry: Entertainment

This is where I have my courses

Reviewed on 2020/04/21

Anytime I have a problem their tech support is great. And I haven't had any tech problems with the platform - my students are happy and use it easily.

Pros

When I was researching all the different software for course hosting, I liked that this had a place to upload documents in the discussions. That might be really important for people teaching code or other products. Then I'm glad I choose this one because others take a % of income AND you have to wait longer for money.

Cons

The layout isn't as clean and modern as others - I'm hoping that will be updated at some point. It's a little ugly.

Lucas M.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Thinkific Rocks!

Reviewed on 2021/03/19

Excellent! I appreciate the outstanding product, fair prices, ease of interface and ability to easily build and delivery QUALITY courses. I haven't required customer service (that's a good sign!). I love the product and will definitely stay here!

Pros

The intuitive nature of your interface is extremely helpful for both course designers and students. As a site and course administrator, I'm exceptionally impressed with the ease of use. Thank you for incorporating finance management functions. Sleek design, ease of use, great price point. Don't change the price, it's one of your best market differentiators. I switched to Thinkific for the Pro Growth plan which was the key difference for me from other providers like Matrix.

Cons

I really need to market courses via social media with the least number of accounts and steps. It would be awesome if you could integrate some social media marketing tools into the site rather than link accompanying providers. The more I can do WITHIN thinkific, the better. The same applies for business functions like website management, sales of non-course materials (e.g., printed books, e-books), and perhaps QuickBooks

Sharon H.
  • Industry: Insurance

Feel Confident in the Basics

Reviewed on 2020/12/02

Thinkific is a strong performer for the price. It covers a lot of ground for course management needs from the all sides: student, teacher and administrative. You get many capabilities for video, text, downloads, discussions that serve different learning styles. The login, registration and payment system works well. Support can get you through even non-standard apps connections though it takes time and back/forth on email and phone.

Pros

Thinkific covers course the basics very well. It also provides strong administrative functions to support the student and teacher. Payment works well too.

Cons

The question import and question change functions need to be improved. Currently, they are unwieldy and time consuming. Support could be easier to connect to. But, as seems to be everywhere, you have to start with an email or chat.

Luis D.
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

All you need to kickstart your online courses business without breaking the bank

Reviewed on 2021/02/14

I am very satisfied with Thinkific. I was able to have a professional way to sell online courses in a few days and without much effort in setting up the pages and systems. Very good value for money.

Pros

Very easy and intuitive to use. Whether it's the process of storing, structuring and promoting courses, or engaging and paying affiliates who promote them. Apart from the design that could be improved, the user experience (from end to end) is simple and intuitive.

Cons

The design/interface of the course pages is not very modern when compared to other alternatives and has limited customization options. It lacks features for creating and boosting a community (increasingly important these days).

Waleed A.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

No brainer choice of course management software

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

I researched so many LMSs out there and finally found my soulmate 😝 On Thinkific I am launching my first, course, the way I want it to be.

Pros

Free to get started
Get paid via Paypal without being charged by thinkific
Perfectly beautiful themes
Add anything you can imagine, quiz, pdf, presentation, text, anything
Support for Rich text e.g. make important words bold or italicized
Available to anyone, not just Oxford or Harvard Professors
boy, i am in love with literally every feature of thinkific

Cons

user statistics are (so far as I understand) not recorded with quizzes. this could have been very great. so that students would know the level of difficulty of the quiz.

Danilo R.

Very easy to use and complete education framework

Reviewed on 2021/03/19

Very good, the platform was easy to learn and set up and the students are very pleased with their learning experience.

Pros

Very complete set of features.
Everything that you need is in one place.
Available on all platforms.

Cons

Better video management.
Better progress track tools for administrators

Daniel G.

Enabled to set up online art courses for 200+ students.

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

I've been able to sell multiple learning products to 200+ students. This has enabled them to learn and see their progress as they go. It has also allowed me to create and use quizzes for my students.

Pros

This software is quite flexible and enabled me to take over 200 students through 15 learning modules. Each module has multiple videos and pictures. Thinkific enabled me to include assignments, which I used Airtable to integrate with. Enrolling students in that course is extremely simple.

Cons

There are no big cons with Thinkific. That said, the progress bar has been confusing for some of our students. Replaying courses can be slightly confusing for them too.

Tanya G.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Wait, Free? Permanently Free? Whoo hoo!

Reviewed on 2019/12/07

Overall a great way to get started. Very helpful, does integrate with most platforms and has so really beautiful templates.

Pros

Thinkific will let you start producing courses for free and keep them free forever. Really, this is a great way to learn course development without spending a dime. Just you doing your stuff for your audience. No risk other than your time. Just get started already!

Cons

While the free version is nice you will quickly see how all the other features will help you build an audience. If you don't have an email list and a place to sell your course already you might want to rethink the free version. Who is going to see your course, how will you promote it? If you create it they will not come unless you find a way to get their attention.

Darrell E.

How Thinkific Changed My Life For The Better..

Reviewed on 2017/03/29

Pros

The best thing about Thinkific is they push you to finish your course. I needed that extra push! There are some many things to learn in business that people want to learn and people want to teach what they know. I am taking a course to learn how to teach a course.

Online learning is the future.

Cons

I think that their sign-up and sign in page could use improving. There is always going to be room for improvements, I hope people are able to get past issues, as nothing is perfect.

There is a saying in the startup world that says " If your product is perfect you launched too late."

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Fun and valuable for online classes

Reviewed on 2020/06/10

Generally happy with the tool. We have used it a lot and our students loved it!

Pros

This is another of those tools that we began to use only during the Pandemic and it has been a life saver. Classes were more fun, entertaining and easy especially for our older students. Teachers loved using it to create their classes and share their content.

Cons

Some other similar software has been free to use, but Thinkific has a basic package that you have to pay for. The price is not crazy but considering circumstances I think prices should had been lowered.

Irerinsola A.
  • Industry: International Trade & Development
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Suits every level of expertise and usage is quite simple

Reviewed on 2020/02/01

Used for the online learning program I organize for my clients. It's so easy to setup, registration and links are easy to create

Pros

The price range, one could even get a free

Cons

No one on one training feature on thinkific

Haydee M.

It's been great. Smooth. Like all experiences with all products SHOULD be.

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

Peace of mind. Great customer support.

Pros

Its customer service. Its friendliness. Its accessibility. Its genuine concern for the customer's success.

Cons

I wish you could promote more than you have so that I could have found you sooner. Maybe by using the leverage of big-name entrepreneurs. I think that you have a great service that can compete with any of the other ones on the market.

Kate M.
  • Industry: International Trade & Development

?

Reviewed on 2017/06/21

Pros

Super user-friendly, great design/customizable, killer customer service, motivating/engaging/incentivizing for learners, Canadian ??

Cons

The only con for would be that you can't have a private class with a free account. It would be great to have this option for registered nonprofits with small overhead budgets that have volunteers to train. Can't really think of any others!

Veronica F.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Just pivoting my business....

Reviewed on 2021/03/20

I created my first course and will be launching it on May 1st!

Pros

The software is easy to use, not just to build the course but to take the courses also which is key!

Cons

It is a little confusing to get started, but once you are up and running you realize that you were just nervous to create the course in the first place.

Michael M.

Powerful product with clean learner experience

Reviewed on 2021/03/21

Pros

We chose Thinkific for the powerful functionality and good user interface for our learners.

Cons

We have occasionally run in to features that would be nice to have. For example: In order to host courses that were both in French and English, we had to create two separate accounts.

Christina G.

User-friendly, Budget-friendly, Amazing Support

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Pros

I love the pricing which gives us "options" on how we want to spend our money. The platform is very user-friendly. Plenty of training videos for the most technically challenged user available. I used this platform before and it has been greatly improved since then.

Daniel T.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Great platform! exactly what I was looking for

Reviewed on 2017/06/22

Pros

The platform has many valuable features. I didn't use them yet but I'm looking forward to that. I'm glad that they exist and make things easier for teachers willing to give online lessons to those interested in their topic. So far my experience with thinkific was good.

Cons

The landing page took me a while to build because you actually need to know some coding but as I understood this is being optimized right now which is great.

Sarah Y.

A great way to dip your toe into online courses

Reviewed on 2021/03/18

Pros

I absolutely love that your first course is completely free. I wasn't sure if anyone would even purchase my course, so I didn't want to spend $500 a year on something that might make me $50. The user interface is crazy easy, and I love all the free features. It feels like there are a lot of quality features on the paid version (automatic certificates, coupons, etc.), but the free version is completely useable.

Cons

Honestly, I haven't really had any issues yet. There are a few times I had to Google how to do something, but the answer popped up instantly.

Heather R.

Beauty in a platform

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

I am taking courses so am a user on this program and from a perspective of student its great and easy to manage.

Pros

layout is great
easy to use
friendly spaces

Cons

doesn't appear to be mobile friendly
images seem stretched

• Used Other for 6-12 months

Not the prettiest, but gets the job done

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

Pros

Can easily get started and put your course up and available for enrollment. Like the theme options made available.

Cons

Not very mobile friendly, where it is difficult to navigate and adjust video playback. Not as aesthetically pleasing.

• Used Other for 6-12 months

The course creation concept is good, but I have to pass

Reviewed on 2020/09/19

I'm happy about what they're doing for course creators in general, but this platform ended up not being for me.

Pros

Creating a platform that allows your "average Joe" to be able to create a course from home and sell it online even if they don't have the "proper credentials" and "certificates" to do so, is a wonderful thing!

Cons

I tried Thinkific and I found it to be too clunky to work with and I did not like how the landing pages ended up looking on this platform for my courses. I also found it NOT EASY to get started with.

Marciya B.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Incredible online platform

Reviewed on 2020/06/04

It has enabled me to have the confidence to grow my online teaching business with their Entrepreneurs Growth Fine I highly recommend them.

Pros

This software is so friendly to use.It has lots of features like you can upload PDfs videos and much more.The interface is very pleasing and inviting.Also they have a wealth of tutorials to get you going and they are easy to follow.

Cons

Can’t really fault it that much How ever would of liked a slightly more cheaper plan .

Peter B.

The platform that gives you everything

Reviewed on 2017/03/08

Thinkific is a very sophisticated platform with all the necessary stuff for course creators. Wonderful UI, smooth and fast working. Their plans are realistic and the feature lists are awesome. They have good quality educational videos and also a helpful support team. I was investigating other platforms too, but they are the best price/value solution.

Lisa B.

Great Site

Reviewed on 2021/03/18

Overall a good experience. There customer support and training videos is great.

Pros

Easy to plan a course on the free plan. Easy to get in contact with someone.

Cons

Needs more functionality for the landing page. Not as easy to build. Limited features for adding text and images.

• Industry: Fund-Raising

Great features for free

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

Pros

I've been looking into providing courses online and this is one of the best tools I have come across. It's so nice that you can customize so much.

Cons

There are other platforms that are going to provide a lot more customization, but you still can't complain when the platform is free.