Bluebeam Revu Reviews

Bluebeam Revu

PDF editing & markup on the go with collaboration built-in

4.6/5 (17 reviews)
Tyler D.

BlueBeam is a MUST for Construction!

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

Pros

I can't say enough good things about this software using it in the construction industry. I have used multiple different PDF editors but nothing comes close to as how good BlueBeam is. There is not much of a learning curve and you can learn the basics very quickly. It goes about as advanced as you would need and can do almost anything.

Marking up blueprints is straightforward and easy to do. There are multiple different callout shapes and easily input the tag on it. You can have a favorite toolset on a window for the most frequently used items such as your stamp, signature, check mark, etc... Once you collaborate the blueprint you can measure dimensions, surface, and volume.

Bluebeam integrates into most other software such as browsers, Microsoft Excel, and word. It has a quick button in these programs to easily convert it into a PDF inside of Bluebeam. If it does not have integration with the software you can print something and use Bluebeam as a printer to convert it into a PDF inside Bluebeam. You can even set spaces and do punch lists as well.

Everyone I work with loves with the product and nobody has a bad thing to say about it.

Cons

The only complaint I have been able to come up with but I'm sure it is user error is that my customized toolbar keeps reverting back to the default. I have locked the toolbar and messed with it but randomly every now goes back. I am unsure why this happens and is pretty frustrating when it does. Other than this no complaints.

Blue beam #1 software for both reading and constructing. .

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

I highly recommend this software for all e-readers and construction industries. I also like to mention that there are many hidden features still to be utilized.

Pros

As a consultant engineer i am using blue beam more than 4 years. It has become such an important software to carry out my projects. In the sense that i can easily review any document or shop drawings, and also i can easily comment on the documents. But the most amazing feature i like is i can overlay two drawings which helps to figure out the error. And also we can easily calibrate and measure the dimensions in a drawing. Last but not least this software is very eye friendly to work with.

Cons

There is no much cons in my opinion excepts for slow response to large files.

7.0/10

Bluebeam Revu has helped in many ways to streamline common tasks in our Architectural office.

Reviewed on 2018/03/02

Pros

The ability to host a set of documents on the cloud with bluebeam studio and have multiple people simultaneously access and edit the document is invaluable to our current workflow. Features like document hyperlinks has also shaved valuable time off of everyday tasks.

Cons

I dislike that an upgraded license to Bluebeam Extreme is required to create and edit pdf forms, this is a valuable feature to have but not justified by the extra price of upgrading.

Francine L.

Bluebeam is a wonderful PDF editing tool

Reviewed on 2018/03/02

Pros

How easy it was to mark up a construction document or make edits to a document. The "cloud" tool and polygon tool made it easy to highlight discrepancies to ensure they were easily viewed.

Cons

There were times where the software would lag a bit, and any edits using bluebeam on the initial PDF appeared to jump on the screen before returning to where they were initially placed

Alvin N.

My experience with Revu is nothing but fantastic. Intuitive, and plenty of courses to learn.

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

Pros

I love that it's intuitive and simple to learn, but extremely powerful in what you can do. Working in an architecture firm, I love that it pairs well with a lot of CAD drawings for edits and markups.

Cons

The ONLY con is the updates. The updated versions have somewhat of a learning curve that might turn off a lot of older users that are accustomed to the older versions.

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

Pros

I have the extreme version and absolutely love this software. It has an unbelievable amount of useful tools for editing and combining pdf files.

Cons

Really the only con for this software is that it takes a while to learn in order to use all the available tools. Also would be nice if you could put it on more than one device,so i could have both laptop and desktop

Once You Get The Hang of It, Wonderful

Reviewed on 2019/05/16

I use it everyday and would really be in trouble without it.

Pros

It contains so much! I have yet to find a feature it does not have for my pdf editing needs. Once you get the hang of it (as there is so much it can do it can be overwhelming) it is like second nature to whip up some mark-ups or compile sheets.

Cons

Like I said, there is a lot of features and it can be difficult to find what you need within the software without digging around forever.

I Love Bluebeam

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

Overall I love the software. Very powerful and inexpensive to use.

Pros

A super powerful pdf. Tool. I use this on a daily basis for reading drawings, creating documents, scaling drawings etc.

Cons

The tool palette is limited and kind of cumbersome. I have had issues making new icons and applying them.

The Cream of the Crop

Reviewed on 2018/09/18

Pros

This is by far my favorite pdf editing program. It has tons of awesome features and has a nice modern look to it. Any time I have reached out to support they have been very helpful.

Cons

The built in cloud storage is a little tricky to manage when you move between devices.

Terra S.

We use this product throughout our entire office.

Reviewed on 2018/07/17

This software saves me time and energy!

Pros

Bluebeam is easy to use. The navigation menu is clear. I particularly like that I can flatten a document that I've changed. That way, when I send it out, nobody else can change it back.

Cons

I can not think about anything I dislike. Even the price is fair. Everything I have needed this software to do, it has meet my expectations.

great for creating contracts

Reviewed on 2018/04/09

Pros

What I enjoy most about this software is the capability to make edits to an original document. I also easiness of inserting & deleting documents.

Cons

The software sometimes has issues freezing up, in which I have to close out of the software & reboot. It can be quite frustrating

Must-have for engineers

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Pros

I am not an engineer, but work for a firm and have worked on several projects using bluebeam to review CAD plans and drawings. Although I mostly use Adobe Acrobat, this software is better to use for engineering plans for markup capability alone. There are so many options that allow you to properly markup plans, ability to assign certain color flags to pages, and you can also track markups, which is great when several people are working on the same file.

Cons

It took me a little time to learn where everything was and all the capabilities of the software. Not sure on the cost factor.

Shalinie P.

Perfect for those wanting the best worlds of Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop and Revit!

Reviewed on 2018/07/17

Pros

I love that I can do all of my markups in one place. I can accurately measure, make notes and add images/screenshots, and much more through a few commands. This is making my life easier and is an efficient use of my time.

Cons

It is a little difficult to maneuver linked drawings but I am positive Bluebeam will find a way to improve this as they do every time they have an update. It would be great to be able to have linked views on layers that you can actually move around if your align tool didn't give the exact output you were hoping for.

Stephanie G.

Easy to use, very versatile

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/09/12

I like it more than Adobe Acrobat which I was using before this.

Pros

Great product for dealing with all kinds of PDF documents. Easy to combine and adjust pages, easy to mark up drawings and documents. Has a feature to certify a signature. Makes project management much easier

Cons

No complaints, it's been very easy to use and straightforward. It has all the features I need for my job

Todd S.

Love this program when using it between contractor and engineers.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/07/16

Pros

I like that it keeps track of all edits whether it be on plans and or documents. Makes changes and sharing information and changes a breeze.

Cons

The program seemed to crash a ton. I have not used it lately although I will be talking to my new company about using it. Hopefully there have been some updates.

Ariana T.

Bluebeam

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

Pros

It was always easy to navigate and extract pages.

Cons

Their are so many tools, that many i didn't know how to use.

5.0/10
Steve B.

Plan review easier

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/07/16

Pros

Bluebeam makes reviewing house plans, marking plans for errors or changes easier to complete and obtaining measurements, both linear and area, easy.

Cons

The cost of the software is more than I would like to spend on a stand alone software of this type. Linking with my estimating software is more difficult than I would like.