BigBlueButton Reviews

BigBlueButton

Open source web conferencing system for online learning

4.1/5 (14 reviews)
Michael T.

Videoconferencing made easy

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

When I am presenting something to a group of newcomers and I want to stress or emphasize a particular item, BigBlueButton makes it easy.

Pros

My favorite feature of BigBlueButton is the whiteboard feature because I can highlight things I want to emphasize.

Cons

BigBlueButton has a horrible tendency to freeze up and distort video, and sometimes audio, at the most inopportune times. This has cause me to move BBB from my main to my back up conferencing software, only being used when I need one of the features that only it provides.

Chasity` M.

Ease of Use. Perfect for Virtual Learning

Reviewed on 2018/09/21

Pros

I love the functionality of the program and being able to have multiple instructors at once. I appreciate the share screen option and also being able to use webcams and microphones interchangeably.

Cons

I really have no complaints with the program.

Laron H.

Makes videoconferencing easy

Reviewed on 2018/02/20

Facilitates online video meetings.

Pros

I find BigBlueButton very useful for videoconferencing and and webinars. It is easy to setup and launch and the interface is quite friendly. It has all the features I need for a online video meeting.

Cons

No con really, as it does its job well. The only I drawback I can mention is that it operates in a space where there are a lot of tools of the same nature.

Babak B.

We integrate BigBlueButton within our Platform for our clients

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/10/10

Pros

Platform was easy to setup and integrate with our platform
Product is free to use for our end client so many opt to use the service
Has many features that makes online webinars and training effective

Cons

Overall the prdouct is very good as a free tool but it would be good to have a web-app on iOS or Android.

Efficient conferencing tool

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/05/07

It is free to host online conference meeting.

Pros

My organization uses BigBlueButton for hosting our meetings. I find it to be very efficient and easy to use. It is a free ad open-source technology so that is a plus.

Cons

I can't really say that i have a con. My experience with using BigBlueButton has been smooth thus far.

Very Useful Free Software

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/05/16

Overall it's really helpful. And I can't complain more as it's free to use.

Pros

This software is nice. The best thing I like about BigBlueButton - It has a recording option that allows you to record the meeting and is available for viewing for 7 days.

Cons

I am not sure if it has a Playlist option because I have to upload my presentation file every start of the session so It's kinda waste of time.

Libio L.

Reviewed on 2018/04/22

Matt G.

I had a lot of issues using it

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/12/26

I used this software for presenting to multiple customers at different locations. I always had issues getting everyone able to see me as the presenter while being able to view attached documents and interact with one another. My UI was really clean which I liked, but the overall experience was clunky so we moved to a different software ultimately.

Pros

The client side experience was pretty clean.

Cons

There seemed to be a lot of issue with multiple people and media types on a conference call. 3 viewers, a camera for a presenter, a recording pc, and a separare handout presentation.

4.0/10
Peter M.

Good free webinar tool for our external clients

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/03/21

Pros

Great free alternative for doing live seminars and presentations. Has all the functionalities needed.

Cons

The interface does look a little outdated. Wish there was more customization options to make it look and feel the way we want.

Cathy D.

Constant bugs and difficulties

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/06/08

It's user friendly but most of the time doesn't work right. At one point wouldn't work at all in Chrome, they did fix this in subsequent editions but still has many problems recognizing participants' cameras and microphones. Also just plain doesn't work well with wifi.

Pros

You can record and store the recordings online

Cons

Unending problems with recognizing participants' cameras and microphones.

6.0/10
April S.

Quick and Easy Set Up for Conferences

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/02/07

I would recommend this product to others looking to set up conferences with students.

Pros

This software is great for tutoring sessions with my online students and it can be launched inside of the LMS we are using for our courses.

Cons

The recorded sessions are only available for 14 days.

Francesca W.

Big Blue Button : Communicate with picture and sound

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

We use this application for e-learning and teaching at my university. It is easy to use and the quality of video and sound is normally good. You can also use it for conferences.

Cons

Sometimes issues accur and you have to log out and log in again.

Ramona W.