SharpSpring Reviews

SharpSpring

Affordable marketing automation for all business sizes

4.4/5 (425 reviews)
Rob T.

We moved ourselves and our clients over from Hubspot

Reviewed on 2019/09/09

The support is always there for us if we need them, but any new feature is introduced with great support materials (how-to guides/videos etc) so the need for my team to refer to them is minimised.

The pricing is great when you compare to others with similar functionality and they go from strength to strength.

Pros

Originally it was transparency and pricing that made us move. But since then it's the fact that Sharpspring have continued to develop the platform with great new features (like the inbuilt CRM, Sales Automation and integrated Meeting booking functionality) many of which at no additional cost (unlike Hubspot) that means we continue to use and recommend Sharpspring over any other platform for our SMB clients.

Cons

I would like SMS functionality to be built in as well as email (I appreciate it's not as big in the USA where Sharspring's biggest customer base is) but it's big here in the UK

Anna F.

SharpSpring user for 4+ years

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

We really are able to do so much more with our marketing. We can see the interaction of clients with our marketing as a whole, not just off of one campaign. We can trigger emails and actions based on their behaviors which is very beneficial.

Pros

Being a Partner for 4+ years has allowed us to grow with them. When they were a startup, we were able to really see the changes the partners were requesting and the software has come a long way. They really value their Partners (agencies).

Cons

Sometimes SharpSpring likes to release new features, while they need to also work on continually improving their existing features.

Andrea S.

Great for an agency, but trying to get clients involved is next to impossible.

Reviewed on 2019/01/23

We joined the SS family mainly as a means of sending automated drip marketing emails on behalf of our clients, which it does well. We also like being able to see the life of every individual lead directly within the program. It lets us know where our strongest leads lie and where we need to do better. All in all, it gets the job done despite the interface headaches we frequently encounter.

Pros

There are a lot of features. Almost too many, actually. I can't imagine a company that could possibly use all of them successfully. Regardless, it's nice to know the option is there if a situation arises in which a certain feature becomes useful. My favorite function/feature has to be the lead tracking system. I love being able to see every interaction each lead has with my client's business. The automated actions on top of that in response to customer interaction is the main reason we use the software. It makes drip email campaigns a breeze. I like that it tracks conversions as well (although you have to set it up to do so which isn't necessarily the easiest process ever). All in all, though, it does the job we need it to do.

Cons

The SharpSpring system is VERY non-intuitive for non-marketers (and heck, even for marketers sometimes). There are just too many ways you can screw up and have to start an email, action, or workflow completely over again. We have several clients who we act as their entire marketing department for and trying to get their sales representatives to use the system the way it's intended is next to impossible. They just don't understand it or even it's purpose, even after we've done training after training after training with them. We've even had SS support do training directly with them, to no avail. I ended up creating my OWN versions of step-by-step tutorials for our clients just to make things easier to understand.

The other major drawback is it's way too easy to get "blacklisted" (aka hit spamtraps and honeypots), which I realize is a problem with email marketing in general, but SS doesn't have enough safeguards in place for preventing this type of situation. We have one client who likes to import their email lists in from an on-site wifi sign-on system, which inevitably leads to poor list quality regardless of how many safeguards (email weed-out) parameters we put in place ourselves. Getting on SS's blacklist is pretty much the worst thing that can happen because you still have to pay for the service even though you can't use it until your un-blacklisted, which can take a while.

Lastly, their email-design interface is terrible and trick to navigate.

6.0/10
Tony L.

SharpSpring is YES for my company, e-Intelligence.in

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/10/30

I recommend to use the software as it: Provides customized reports and other features that fit your marketing needs Comes with powerful features of marketing automation with easy functionalities Offers cost-effective pricing plans Updates itself continuously Combines with most CRM, eliminating the concerns of the type of hosting platform Gives amalgamation of functions in one platform for delivering marketing results, lead conversions, and easy ROI measurement However, you need to spare some time to understand the software’s deliverables. But they offer free webinars to help you to understand the tool.

Pros

SharpSpring is an automated marketing platform with features of third-party CRM integration, universal CMS compatibility, fully integrated call tracking, landing pages, blog builder and much more. It provides unlimited users for all plans, unlike its competitors. What it says vs. what it delivers: It says: It offers behavioral-based email automation with “after-the-click” tracking for personalized messaging. Yes, it delivers: With the feature, we were able to identify the cost of a lead. It also helped to decrease the unaddressed customer complaints It says: It offers in-depth analytics with statistics of clicks, bounces, and deliveries. It also enables to track the visitor’s conversions, the life cycle of a lead – from click to attending social events. No, it does not deliver: The reports and analytics are not in detail, though they provide the performance of campaigns. It misses the specifications on minute details of the strategy. It says: It offers customization in every feature such as customized conversion forms, buyer personalities, reports and much more. Yes, it delivers: My team at e-Intelligence were able to customize the tool for lead preferences, campaign performance, and email automation

Cons

Nothing that I can think of! I suggest making the most of this tool for your marketing needs. You can overlook minor glitches as they are not affecting the tool’s performance to a large extent.

Dan G.

SharpSpring is a phenomenal marketing automation platform.

Reviewed on 2017/05/19

Pros

SharpSpring is a sleek system that offers outstanding tools for marketing automation. We researched a lot of platforms ranging from free to $1000s before going with SharpSpring. They have just the right amount of features that makes it the most useful for all of our clients, leaving off the bells and whistles that would inflate the price.

Their interface is top-tier which makes using their system a breeze. The dashboard gives you a comprehensive look at everything you're running. Moving around the system is super simple and they make it easy to jump to different areas when you're building a sales program. I'd urge you to check out all the features on their website because there are too many to list, but I can say that what they have offered us is unbelievably comprehensive.

We've also taken full advantage of their support which is outstanding. They have always been knowledgable and very friendly. Moreover, they won't let you off the phone until they are sure that the problem has been resolved! They also offer FREE continuing education programs like webinars to help make you more proficient at their program.

SharpSpring is a superior marketing automation platform, with a very intuitive interface and offer the kind of support we have rarely seen in tech companies. They have worked harder to earn and keep our business than any other vendor we've ever worked with. You would do yourself a giant favor to give their system a test drive.

Cons

I was not prepared for the steep learning curve that is required to take full advantage of this platform. I was a bit discouraged at first by everything there was to learn but I realized it's part of working with such a comprehensive platform. It's like moving to a new town and trying to figure out all the roads and highways. I don't know if that's really a con but it is something you must be aware of. You're going to need to spend some serious time learning it but once you do, navigating the system easily becomes second nature.

Alexander L.

Great Marketing Automation With a Solid Support Team

Reviewed on 2017/01/30

I've been using SharpSpring for just about under a year in this time, I've recommended it to just about every marketer I've worked with.

Typically, marketing automation software has only been usable by large and mid-size organizations due to the high cost of both the software and the expertise in operating an inbound marketing campaign. SharpSpring costs only a fraction of competing tools like HubSpot, Pardot, Marketo, etc., but it offers all of the core features of these platforms and has a few of its own features, like a built-in customizable CRM, that make it a great fit for just about any marketing team.

There aren't any serious downsides or tradeoffs with SharpSpring vs the more expensive platforms. The customer service team is always very attentive and transparent about bugs and fixes, and SharpSpring has made a series of significant upgrades even during the time I've been using the platform. If you're used to using some of the other platforms I mentioned, some pieces of SharpSpring might initially feel less polished. But, once you look under the hood and start working with the platform, everything is there in a pretty intuitive layout.

Highly recommended for marketing & sales teams.

Pros

The core marketing automation functionality in SharpSpring is excellent. If you're looking for Visitor ID tracking, better email communication, personalization, a landing page builder, or a CRM, SharpSpring is definitely worth a look.

Even though it's a "soft" feature, it's worth noting that the customer service team has been great to work with. I've been able to give my clients solid timelines for when to expect a fix or help.

Cons

The email and landing page builders are solid, but they lack some of the intuitive features that you might get from a dedicated email service provider like Campaign Monitor or Mail Chimp. There might be a few things you'll miss migrating over from one of these platforms, though nothing important for obtaining the same end results.

Nigel W.

Making great progress with SharpSpring

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

I've used a couple of different Marketing Automation platforms in the past. Marketo briefly and Act-On for a couple of years. I switched to SharpSpring around 6 months ago when I set up my own marketing agency.

Really happy with how its going. OK - its obvious that SharpSpring is a smaller company. I come across the occasional feature that could do with some refinement. But overall its fair to say I love SharpSpring.

Top features from my POV...

Ease of use - The separation of Tasks and Workflows seems to make this a much simpler product to use than Act-on. Easier than Marketo as well - though its about 3 years since I used that.

The templates provided for rapidly building landing pages are excellent.

The new personas feature is brilliant when combined with "Dynamic content blocks" (which you can use on landing pages as well as Emails.

The built in CRM is a huge advantage and is perfect for BDM teams or smaller companies. Obviously if you can make do without a full-featured CRM like Salesforce, you'll save thousands $$ by switching to a simpler product like SharpSpring. (I used to use Act-on integrated with Salesforce and that was an absolute pig.)

Cost - SharpSpring is much less expensive than Act-On and Marketo. You get unlimited users on their standard license plans - so you're not penalised for spreading use across Marketing, BDMs and Sales folk.

So features - not a problem.

I've found the training / on-boarding satisfactory and the ongoing technical support is fast and personal.

Pros

Ease of use, good templates, built in CRM (although you can integrate with 3rd party CRM if you need.) Cost saving compared to competing products - especially if you can dispense with a full-fat CRM like Salesforce which is bloated and over priced for SME market in my opinion.

Cons

Occasional glitches. Sometimes you have to refresh the page to see the result of a change that you have made. For example - the number of members in a list - can take a few minutes after saving the query to report a true number. But you soon learn to live with minor issues like this.

George J.

SharpSpring is the number one Marketing Automation Platform for small to mid-sized digital agencies.

Reviewed on 2017/03/05

We are a small boutique digital marketing agency based in the UK. We spent six months researching all the marketing platforms available.
It was vital to have 24/7 support available within the fees payable, favourable fee rates for an agency of our size (which did not require upfront annual payment), the option to have access to support within GMT timelines for our UK clients and last but not least a marketing automation provider who were developing new features on a near-quarterly basis. We decided that SharpSpring and their team would provide all of these features and benefits.
We commenced our inbound integration mid-2016, and the integration ran extremely efficiently with amazing support within GMT timeline availability. The support since and the new features constantly being added without any impact on fee rates have made the decision to choose SharpSpring, the absolute correct choice for our company. They have over delivered every step of the way for our company. Their team are highly knowledgeable, patient and supportive.
I would not choose any other platform now we are with SharpSpring.

Pros

The SharpSpring Marketing Automation Software provides the following features and benefits that make it a stand out product for my business;
1. The 24/7 support incorporated into the monthly fees; Ensuring no surprises down the line.
2. No requirement to pay fees annually upfront.
3. New landing page feature.
4. Blog page feature.
5. New integration with the Litmus test.
6. Link up with Zapier integration to allow connection to hundreds of 3rd party software providers with the Zapier integration and SharpSpring APIs.
7. Training platform library; In-depth and with video availability to walk through processes. This along with 24/7 support, in my opinion, are the two most important features out with cost of course which set SharpSpring apart as the right platform for our boutique digital marketing agency.

Cons

1. Monthly fees in dollars do not convert via local UK sterling currency rates, unlike other US marketing software providers. You pay in £ sterling the same monthly fee as in US $ dollars.
2. Email builder while it is satisfactory it could be even more user friendly.

Gary W.

SharpSpring won me over from HubSpot

Reviewed on 2017/02/02

A couple of years ago our agency was a relatively happy HubSpot customer. We sold inbound services via HubSpot to our web development clients most often, but it was a hard sell and required a certain client profile to be successful. The most important aspect of an inbound client for us was deep pockets! Why? Simply because of the cost of the HubSpot platform. If a client had sufficiently deep pockets, AND was convinced of the business validity of inbound marketing versus traditional methods, the full court press was on. To give HubSpot credit, they got very involved in the client sales process and they provided a lot of tools to aid agencies in the inbound sales process, BUT, all of that comes at a cost. A significant cost. While HubSpot gets a lot of credit for pioneering the inbound marketing platform space, they have become, in this agencies opinion, a bit bloated over the years. What we mean is that they provide so much it is sometimes difficult to choose what is most important to push and provide for each client. The net effect is, however, that whatever your client does want to do, Personas, email marketing, automation, web site development, contact list management etc., it's all included. So what's the downside? Their strength is their biggest weakness. No matter how little or how much of HubSpots resources you use, the cost is the same. Of course there are tiers of cost, but even the lowest tier is roughly ten times the cost of SharpSpring. So use a little, pay a lot. Use a lot, pay a lot. Now we at CX3 Group don't necessarily sell on price, however, if the tools that you bring to the table for your clients are less expensive, but still as, or more, effective, it gives the agency a lot of flexibility when customizing various packages to promote. While generally content with HubSpot back in the day, we are extremely pleased with SharpSpring. Approaching our two year anniversary with them we take every opportunity to sing their praises, and it's NOT just about pricing.
While SharpSpring is a fraction of the cost, of HubSpot (& others) the features it includes are all the features we ever really used with HubSpot. That is to say, we are paying for what we use, and not paying for anything that sits in the cupboard looking pretty, but we don't need.
If I had more space here I'd go into the newest features that SharpSpring has rolled out over the past 6 months. Suffice it to say, we're a very happy and satisfied SharpSpring client! -CX3 Group

Pros

Cost vs. benefit. Has all of the features our clients want or need, without a bunch of stuff we have to pay for that they don't need.

Cons

It's a struggle to find something I don't like, but if it was one thing over the past two years, it would be the lack of support on the sales side for our clients. More customized training and presentations for client side would be great.

Justin R.

An Invaluable Tool, Though Not Perfect

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

We've been using SharpSpring for nearly a year at our agency, and have used almost every feature of it (SalesForce integration, automated workflows, API for custom reporting, full-on CRM, etc.).

We love SharpSpring. In fact, in the past few months, SharpSpring has been responsible for helping us close nearly one million dollars in new business. As a B2B tool, the fact that we can see what businesses are browsing our site and reach out to them even if they don't submit a form is invaluable, and worth 10x cost.

Every client we bring in gets put on the platform, and it's an indispensible part to growing their business. We are able to verify leads which instills confidence in our reporting, but also helps us evaluate the quality of leads and ROI through lead scoring and campaign assignments. We've used SharpSpring as white-labeled companion and even migrated some clients over to use it as their CRM. It's extremely versatile.

SharpSpring's breadth of tools means you could be using it for a year and still not have used some of its features to the fullest of their ability (Dynamic Emails, Dynamic Web Content), and that's great... but it is also the cause of some frustration, as they sometimes rush out products to tout they have a new product, but that product will still feel very "beta" in nature. When dynamic landing pages were introduced we tried to use it for two weeks, and there was a bug that would wipe out whatever changes you made. We eventually abandoned using that tool, but came back several months later and it worked as it should have.

The flip side of this is that SharpSpring is constantly working to improve. It is not a platform that rests on its laurels. You can also submit a feature or improvement to their team directly.

Anytime we have had an issue, Customer Support has been great. Their agents have resolved our numerous issues quickly, whether its answering a quick implementation question or testing bugs for a larger issue.

Overall, SharpSpring has been an integral tool to both our agency's growth but our clients' growth. And, though new tools sometimes feel buggy, we can easily overlook it due to the value it provides us.

Pros

Being able to leverage anonymous web user data to create actionable insights way before they fill a form out is invaluable. For an agency/B2B company, it is the most reliable new lead generator of any tool out there.

Cons

New features roll out and feel like they should still be in beta. It has a few quirks like a lack of global date range filter that don't necessarily hinder reporting/analysis but are a slight inconvenience.

Kevin H.

Sharpspring is a terrific marketing automation tool that provides great value

Reviewed on 2016/09/30

Our experience with Sharpspring has been great. A trememdous value for our company that has already shown us ROI. Our company uses Sharpspring for both marketing automation and as our CRM tool. Specifically, Sharpspring is allowing us to target prospects in our database to fill top of the sales funnel with prospects, as well as allowing us to nurture specific prospects based on their engagement with us. Depending on an action a prospect takes, we can serve up the appropriate response automatically to further cultivate this person. In addition, we are able to use the analytics the system provides to better help us understand which marketing activities are working and which ones are not

Pros

It is easy to use. There is a learning curve, but it is not that steep. The list building logic and workflow logic just makes sense, and I think this is where Sharpspring shines. SharpSpring's support was critical to our success in getting started, as getting started truly is the hardest part. The responsiveness from their support team is also incredible. If you are not looking for all the bells and whistles that you ultimately won't use, Sharpspring is a true value.

Cons

The improvements I would like to see in Sharpspring centers around the contact management part of their solution. We have sales people that are using the system as their CRM and some basic features like searching, segmenting, and sorting are not available to a person in the sales person role permission.

Shawne A.

I love this CRM

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

I love that fact of being able to add buyer personas to the contact info and I love the personalization that is used on the Software. Oh and the templates that they provide are great and easy to use.

Pros

I like that I can do everything in one location. Also, I love the fact that Sharpspring is always adjusting with new things adding the system. If the software does not do something that you want to do. They put in to start working on that method or idea.

Cons

If you get a hard bounce you can not update that contact with the new info on your own - you have to deal with support and send them the list of changes to be done.

Rafael Z.

I recommend this to everyone!

Reviewed on 2017/01/12

Overall I give this tool 5 stars, A's all across, two thumbs up, a wink and a smile. As I mentioned, I have been using the tool now for 4 years and have quite a bit of experience using their competitors and so-called "market leaders". I love Sharp Spring it does everything, at a value you can hardly compare.

Pros

Sharp Spring provides me and my clients with several advantages over its competition (like Eloqua, Marketo, Pardot, Infusionsoft). First of all, you can not beat their licensing value. Each license comes with unlimited users. This alone beats all the competition. Secondly, they have integrated an awesome CRM (missing in all the other marketing automation tools) so you do not have to go out and buy licenses for that. Lastly, it is a COMPLETE marketing automation system with true behavioral marketing capabilities.

Cons

At first, I had a hard time understanding how they do automation. I was used to using a drag and drop "visualization" interface to build drip campaigns. I also had a bit of a hard time getting used to their nomenclature. The way that automation processes are set up in Sharp Spring are through two things... Tasks (which I was used to calling triggers) and Workflow (which I was used to calling task automation). You can see how it was confusing for me. Well I learned it, it was not that hard, and I actually see now how it is a way superior way to program automation then using visual aids that would be cumbersome to try to set up and manage in large scale automation projects.

Michelle M.

A better option to Hubspot and other Marketing Automation solutions

Reviewed on 2019/07/05

We like the platform as we can track online and email interactions with prospects, customers and partners. This helps us with qualifying lead generation and tracking the stickiness of campaigns. The training of SharpSpring was challenging but we were able to muddle through and figure out a lot of stuff on our own. Customer support has also been great when they are able to help with issues that may arise.

Pros

We like the fact it is much cheaper in cost as compared to HubSpot and other marketing automation platforms. The ease of using the platform has made it easy to early adoption of the end users and we are able to fully track our MQL and ROI.

Cons

SharpSpring has an extremely high demand on email accuracy rate of 98% so quite often we get suspended due to bounced back emails. Sometimes it is difficult to have an almost 100% list when people leave companies. We have as a solution, pay for 3rd party email checker services,to help mitigate this and we also send a larger portion of emails though mailchimp.

Clifford J.

SharpSpring is my #1 system of choice

Reviewed on 2016/06/21

I have consulted and implemented over 300 marketing automation cases since 2008 when I became of Infusinsoft's top-ten rated consultants, partners until May of 2016.

Prior to parting ways with Infusionsoft with which we had great success, I needed to find a better system for my needs and the clients I was serving. I wanted to explode the size of my email and prospect list without blowing my budget.

When I found SharpSpring I fell in love because of their approach to serving partners and customers. They don't try to be all things to all people. SharpSpring sells through approved consulting and training partners like me, and many digital marketing agencies as well.

Pros

The software does what it is intended to do. It is not all things to all people like some of their competitors pretend to be. SharpSpring is killer marketing automation, light CRM and big-time sales enablement. It is not for wimps.

Like with any sales enablement and marketing automation solution, choose wisely, include your key players in the selection process and be prepared to hire a pro and pay them to make this software perform.

Unless you like making your own paperclips, don't try to put yourself in the marketing automation business. It's nuts to think you can do this on top of your own business unless you have a serious, full time pilot to help administrate this bad boy for maximum ROI.

You do want ROI, don't you?

Cons

Not much to dislike when you make an informed decision. There are no tricks, gimmicks or lame sales practices.

Jared L.

Great first step into Marketing Automation

Reviewed on 2016/11/06

Using Sharpspring is a lightyears leap forward from your typical ESP. It brings a world of new opportunities typically only found in software packages three times the price. Sharpspring offers and incredible tool and impressive feature set for those just stepping into the world of marketing automation.

For those who already familiar with this world with existing software in place, Sharpspring has the potential to save you a serious amount money. That being said, take some time to fully evaluate your needs (especially if you intend to use the CRM) to be sure that this younger and arguably less refined software package will be able to act as a full replacement to your existing software.

If being used primarily as marketing automation tool only you'll find that Sharpspring plays really well with your existing systems with their Open API as well as Zapier and Salesforce integrations.

In summary...Sharpspring is an incredibly strong contender in it's space. The fact that it can actually be compared to software that is over 3x it's cost is a statement to itself. Whether it will be a complete replacement for your existing software package will come down to your specific usage but if you are just getting into automation Sharpspring is a clear winner at the price point.

Pros

The amount of features you get for the price is absolutely unmatched. Their support is also really great now that they have strengthened the team. It used to be that responses took weeks but now I'm seeing replies sometimes in a matter of minutes.

Cons

Even though it's cheaper you have a tendency to want to compare it to the big players that have been around for years. Simply put...Sharpspring is just not as refined as some of the options. Although they seem to be rapidly releasing new features to be better contenders it seems that they come packed with a ton of bugs confusion amongst the team.

Mark C.

Best Bang For The Buck

Reviewed on 2016/06/29

SharpSpring provides all the functionality my clients and I need most at a fraction of the cost of leading competitors. It does so in a user-friendly application with excellent self-help tools and support.

Before choosing SharpSpring, I was hands-on with Hubspot, Marketo, and Act-On and chose SharpSpring because of what I've written above and because it was much easier to learn and use than those platforms.

When I first subscribed, there were a few features it was missing that I wished it had, but "settled on SharpSpring based on a price/value decision. Lo and behold, over the last year they have added additional functionality including a couple of the key missing pieces and in doing so, technically reduced prices.

Pros

Easy to get started with.
Great support.
Easier to use than competitors.
Constantly improving yet keeping the price constant.
Agency pricing model is extraordinary.
Feature set and price equates to the best value of the major marketing automation platforms.

Cons

They are growing so quickly that there have been glitches in account management and support. With that, things have settled down and support seems to be better than ever.

Additionally, there are times the application is slow but it is hard to tell where that "fault" lies. Regardless it hasn't caused major problems.

Email design can be a little clunky. When using our designs using built-in templates, the html doesn't always behave. I know it is something being worked on which sums SharpSpring up nicely, they are constantly listening and improving.

Susan A.

Sharpspring is a Platform That Changed the Face of Our Company

Reviewed on 2017/01/20

We have been on the Sharpspring platform for a year now. Before SharpSpring we were a web design and marketing agency that worked on one-off projects and sent our clients on their way once it was complete. After we made the decision to invest in SharpSpring it completely changed how we interact with our clients. It has helped us establish much longer retainers which makes it possible for us to build stronger, closer relationships with our clients. After just one year of weaving SharpSpring into our business, we have seen huge growth for ourselves and for our clients who have bought into the platform as well.

As with any other new technology, it hasn't been without some struggle. I am still not completely sold on their email builder platform. It lacks features and functionality that I grew spoiled by with MailChimp. Still, it beats having to jump from one platform to another to duct tape together all of our marketing efforts. We no longer need to have a separate landing page builder and email builder since SharpSpring does this all. I have full confidence that with the growth of SharpSpring they will beef up their email builder as well as landing page builder.

We are a growing agency and have hitched our growth to that of the Sharpspring platform. They can count on our business for many years to come.

Pros

Positively positions our agency.
Very easy to get new licenses.
New billing structure makes it more affordable for smaller agencies like us.

Cons

Parts of the platform lack features.
The app is almost useless for design and marketing purposes but is great for entering contacts.

Aimee A.

SharpSpring is the go-to for today's marketing automation needs!

Reviewed on 2017/01/27

Our agency started using SharpSpring in 2015 and we couldn't be happier. Our lead nurturing and contact management was a mess - switching monthly between new online platforms - but then we found SharpSpring and what a difference it has made for our business. No more lost leads or cold prospects. The SS interface is so easy to use and the flow is very logical. We have recommended SharpSpring to all of our marketing services clients and most have migrated away from the "big guys" and love the transition to SS. The customer support is FAST, helpful, and full of tips to make client management and marketing even easier. The pricing structure is one-of-a-kind in the industry and it's quite unbelievable to me how reasonable the monthly fee is.

In terms of email marketing campaigns, the template setup is robust, but simple. Our college intern was able to take over and figure out how to use SharpSpring in an hour! Several of our prospects noticed the change in the quality of our emails and asked what platform we use. This gave us credibility in the marketplace for being up on hip new technology.

Lastly, SIGN UP for a SharpSpring demo! You won't be disappointed.

Pros

SharpSpring is easy to use and is robust. From contact to lead to client management, it's just drag and drop. The marketing automation tools are comprehensive, but simple. When trying to manage a lot of tasks at once, SS makes it seamless and nothing is missed. Their iphone app is great too!

Cons

I don't like where the NEW button is found on the menu bar, but otherwise, the software is easy to use and I don't really have any complaints.

Dan R.

Sharpspring is Powerful Marketing Automation Software that is a Great Value!

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

I have been using Sharspring for almost 3 years. I have B2B clients and B2C clients using the platform. Sharpspring has made some incredible progress in the past year. The customer support is excellent. It has a built in CRM that is fully integrated into the platform. With the new addition of the landing page and blog modules it is a complete Marketing Automation Solution. It is very user friendly and configurable. I highly recommend this software.

Pros

First, the set up is very easy, within 24 hours I can have a new client up and running. The automation is very flexible. Sharpspring comes with forms that can be placed on your website or can integrate with existing native forms. Sharpspring is a total marking solution that allows marketing to create landing pages, develop automated campaigns and track ROI.

The built-in CRM allows sales people to see the user behavior and interest, add to nurture campaigns and even gather data on anonymous visitors.

Cons

The reporting on the CRM side could be a little more robust, but for most SMB's that reporting is more than adequate. The Landing Page module is new and could use some more templates. If Sharpspring could build a direct integration with Wordpress for the landing pages, that would be great.

Derek P.

Our Smartest Decision

Reviewed on 2019/07/10

We have integrated Sharpspring with other software systems which has been seamless and has allowed us to develop a really powerful platform. The nature of the software system means that as we keep refining our processes we are just getting better and better.
The support and attitude of Sharpspring has been brilliant and they are a pleasure to deal with.

Pros

Sharpspring is totally focused on the important features of being able to deliver a world class marketing automation system at a incomprehensibly low price. With new features being added on a very regular basis this powerful platform really does it all.
Our business would probably not exist without Sharpspring as it has become central to to most of our business processes. Having previously used other systems I can testify to Sharpspring's ease of use and effectiveness.

Cons

When we initially implemented the software there were a couple of features which were not available; however, over the past couple of years these issues have been addressed and the rate of developed is really impressive. Our initial concern that, compared to other platforms, Sharpspring might not keep pace with market developments have been completely dispelled and in fact they exceed the development of their industry peers

Kathy N.

SharpSpring

Reviewed on 2016/09/07

Once we signed up with SharpSpring you are given a 60 day onboarding process. This is where you are assigned to a onboard specialist and he essentially trains you. My onboard specialist was Deontae Lafayette who was fabulous, so knowledgeable and so patient with me. I really liked that I could have as much time with him as I needed. I made two one hour meetings every week. He would train me on something then I would work on that component and then we would review with our next meeting. After my 60 days ended he assured me that the support team is available as I need it. Also, SharpSpring has video tutorials that are accessible anytime I need to figure out how to do something. I really have enjoyed my time with SharpSpring so far as I feel they are really a very knowledgeable company and very easy to work with.

Pros

Cons

I really have not found anything I dislike. Some functions are not in formats i am used to with other platforms but one thing SharpSpring allows you is to send in a product feature that you would like them to consider and so far I have sent in two and they have used my suggestion and made that feature available.

Christina H.

Best Value for the Money + AMAZING Support

Reviewed on 2017/10/13

Pros

Initially, the biggest feature was the lack of sticker shock associated with purchasing this software. We are a small marketing agency that drank the HubSpot Kool-aid so to speak. We signed on and went through all the training to become an Agency Partner. While it's great software, the price tag puts it outside the realm of feasible for most small business budgets. We found ourselves having to cut our own profits to get people to sign up for it and then they were frustrated at the year contract.

SharpSpring solves that problem. They have the main automation product that goes head to head with HubSpot for features in every way for significantly less monthly investment and no lengthy contracts. Then they have the Mail+ product that's great for the really small clients. It has some limits on features, but offers a way lower price point for baby-stepping a client into the platform.

And the most impressive thing was their onboarding process. They gave me unlimited access to a dedicated human while I was getting things set up and learning to use it for the first 60 days. The coolest part to me was that he was able and willing to deviate from the typical onboarding script. Instead of putting me through the usual paces, we spent our sessions diving into my client's needs and getting things set up. That saved me so much time and allowed me to onboard 8 clients in the first 2 months.

Cons

The landing page builder stinks- but honestly, I use Thrive Architect and WordPress anyway, so this didn't matter to me. When I pitched a feature request at them to look at Thrive Architect, the dev team said they were already talking to the owner of Thrive Themes and looking at how to either integrate it or build a similar tool. If they do anything even close, it would be awesome.

And they don't have social publishing yet, but I'm told it's coming soon... fingers crossed.

Freddy M.

Winning with SharpSpring

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

From a Sales stand point, we are able to manage our pipeline more effectively and put together a sales cadence using the Sales Dailer, Sales Meeting, and Sales Optimizer! Knowing when a prospect opens our emails or visits our site turns a "cold call" into a "warm call"!

Pros

There are many great features in SharpSpring from setting up work flows to smart emails. My favorite piece is the Life of the Lead Tab. I can see the activity of a contact through out its history in the data base. So even if I have rep changes, I can see past meetings, emails (opened or unopened), phone calls, opportunities, and social media interaction. The benefits out way the user interaction time!

Cons

Setting up the email and DKIM process should be easier to set up... Would love more email templates. Lack of integration with Google Tag Manager.

Mike K.

Sharpspring the most complete marketing automation software you can get in this price range!

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

We use this software for the "marketing automation" catch leads and convert them to customers (for us but also our custumers). I have been using other tools and they tend to be FAR to big and overwhelming.

So my experience is that i can easy train others to use SharpSpring and let marketing and sales work together in the tool and with the tool.

Pros

- Price
- Easy of use
- Easy to implement and learn
- Fast support
- Active community and many updates
- Possible to have skype calls and team sessions with SharpSpring to spar.

Cons

- The Social Media part in the software is not optimal, we still use other software next to it.
- CRM feature is small, great for small companies, but bigger ones can come short.