SharpSpring

Affordable marketing automation for all business sizes

4,5
4,6
4,4
4,3
4,6
Julio A.

The day I went all in on Marketing Automation

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

I use it daily for my company in prospecting and lead generation - love it

Pros

I got my first taste of marketing automation with Hubspot and Marketo when I worked for someone else. So when I went shopping around for what I could offer my clients, I was pretty careful. You read all the reviews and you still worry. Well when I decided on Sharpspring I couldn't have been more pleased. Ease of use and value for the Bang it has been great. Like in all new things to you, I had my moments in the wilderness, of I am not sure what i am doing moments: Sharpspring was always there with support & training. I recommend you give them a try.

Cons

Like in all software platforms you have engineers that need to do something. So from time to time they would switch around the dashboard. But it was always for a good reason (inhindsight)

Max P.

Great Marketing Automation Software Alternative for Agencies

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

The onboarding experience was easy and helpful. They helped convert our old database into ready to import SharpSpring csv. Once we were onboarded the team helped us implement other features. As previously stated, their live chat and support is so far unmatched by any other CRM tool i've used.

Pros

The software is easy to use and is constantly being updated with new features. Within our first year of using the tool, at least 4 new features were rolled out, all of which were useful. Their live support is great. They are thorough and they followup. There have been several instances where the team has followed up after the fact to check in and see if additional support was needed

Cons

I would love more training. The videos are good and useful, but would love more virtual webinars or if being a partner allowed for more 1-on-1 type training. I also wish some of the CRM fields had more customization instead of being default/standard.

Wally D.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

1/3 the cost of other comparable platforms - but you get what you pay for.

Reviewed on 2020/02/27

No where near as feature rich as HubSpot - but a way better upgrade to MailChmp.

Pros

Pretty easy to figure out, if you're just using it as a glorified email marketing list building and automation tool.

Drag and drop email template manager is easy to use. So is the visual automation builder.

Forms can be customized and embedded on websites easily to capture lead information.

Out of the box stuff is pretty simple, but you can always get to the CSS to customize everything if you're a developer and want a deeper dive.

Cons

Support has become horrible since launch. You can never get anyone on the phone, it's become a call back system. If you're an agency and managing client accounts, usually you need help immediately, not by end of day or via a random email.

Their billing platform is absolutely ridiculous. They bill your clients directly, and not the agency using the platform saying that the client is the end user, not the agency managing the account. This makes retainer fees or internal billing a nightmare. You'll also have to talk your client into putting their banking routing numbers into a platform they don't understand. If you manage SparpSpring on behalf of your client (like they never login) - Good luck selling it.

There is no Facebook connect to capture lead information!

They keep changing how you export reports by date range. Annoying if you need monthly reports for your client. Sometimes they work, sometimes they move them.

The certification videos and courses are currently outdated after a year of feature pushes.

Biggest annoyance - lead history. You can view lead history in a timeline, but if a lead fills out a form multiple times requesting different information on different dates, you can not scroll through that history in the contact view, it only updates the leads custom fields with the latest information. You can only export the most recent custom fields too, even though you can still see the history and different information in the lead history timeline.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Vikki B.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Easy to use, lots of customization and excellent support

Reviewed on 2020/02/19

We used to have a very simple automated message that sent to all inquiries - and it was the same message regardless of the inquirer or location. Now, we're able to customize the response based on who is inquiring - and the location and send them important brochures and information relative to a specific location. SharpSpring has improved our tracking --moving us from binders stuffed with papers to digital data tied to campaigns. It was a big step for our company and despite early resistance, people are really buying into it now that they are using it.

Pros

The system is easy to use -from training to the online help docs (i.e., self-training) - to the excellent support team, I feel very confident when using the system and making modifications. I know if I can't figure out how to do something I want to do - I can either jump on live chat or call support and someone will happily help me figure it out.

Cons

Reporting capabilities are still growing. They recently launched a new reporting dashboard with canned "custom" reports but I would like the idea to select the variables myself and run a report on my data - including my custom fields. If the fields exist, I'd like to run reports on them. I have figured out, however, that, I can export a lot into excel and create my own reports when needed.

Rob T.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

We moved ourselves and our clients over from Hubspot

Reviewed on 2019/09/09

The support is always there for us if we need them, but any new feature is introduced with great support materials (how-to guides/videos etc) so the need for my team to refer to them is minimised.

The pricing is great when you compare to others with similar functionality and they go from strength to strength.

Pros

Originally it was transparency and pricing that made us move. But since then it's the fact that Sharpspring have continued to develop the platform with great new features (like the inbuilt CRM, Sales Automation and integrated Meeting booking functionality) many of which at no additional cost (unlike Hubspot) that means we continue to use and recommend Sharpspring over any other platform for our SMB clients.

Cons

I would like SMS functionality to be built in as well as email (I appreciate it's not as big in the USA where Sharspring's biggest customer base is) but it's big here in the UK

Nigel W.

Making great progress with SharpSpring

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

I've used a couple of different Marketing Automation platforms in the past. Marketo briefly and Act-On for a couple of years. I switched to SharpSpring around 6 months ago when I set up my own marketing agency.

Really happy with how its going. OK - its obvious that SharpSpring is a smaller company. I come across the occasional feature that could do with some refinement. But overall its fair to say I love SharpSpring.

Top features from my POV...

Ease of use - The separation of Tasks and Workflows seems to make this a much simpler product to use than Act-on. Easier than Marketo as well - though its about 3 years since I used that.

The templates provided for rapidly building landing pages are excellent.

The new personas feature is brilliant when combined with "Dynamic content blocks" (which you can use on landing pages as well as Emails.

The built in CRM is a huge advantage and is perfect for BDM teams or smaller companies. Obviously if you can make do without a full-featured CRM like Salesforce, you'll save thousands $$ by switching to a simpler product like SharpSpring. (I used to use Act-on integrated with Salesforce and that was an absolute pig.)

Cost - SharpSpring is much less expensive than Act-On and Marketo. You get unlimited users on their standard license plans - so you're not penalised for spreading use across Marketing, BDMs and Sales folk.

So features - not a problem.

I've found the training / on-boarding satisfactory and the ongoing technical support is fast and personal.

Pros

Ease of use, good templates, built in CRM (although you can integrate with 3rd party CRM if you need.) Cost saving compared to competing products - especially if you can dispense with a full-fat CRM like Salesforce which is bloated and over priced for SME market in my opinion.

Cons

Occasional glitches. Sometimes you have to refresh the page to see the result of a change that you have made. For example - the number of members in a list - can take a few minutes after saving the query to report a true number. But you soon learn to live with minor issues like this.

Shawne A.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

I love this CRM

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

I love that fact of being able to add buyer personas to the contact info and I love the personalization that is used on the Software. Oh and the templates that they provide are great and easy to use.

Pros

I like that I can do everything in one location. Also, I love the fact that Sharpspring is always adjusting with new things adding the system. If the software does not do something that you want to do. They put in to start working on that method or idea.

Cons

If you get a hard bounce you can not update that contact with the new info on your own - you have to deal with support and send them the list of changes to be done.

Jeff D.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Marketing Automation with World Class Customer Support Has Exceeded Our Expectations

Reviewed on 2020/07/01

Transparency of our efforts all from a single source. We are now able to analyze all of our various marketing efforts without the need to learn reporting from various systems.
The SharpSpring platform helped us see which marketing efforts are working. We have quit wasting money on efforts that weren't working as well as we had originally thought and moved the budget to those that are providing the best ROI.
We have pinpointed bottlenecks in our company and implemented actions that resolved these issues which has increased our bottom-line as well as our own customer satisfaction.

Pros

SharpSpring offered us a way to implement marketing automation at a price that our business could afford. The features are more than enough for us to compete with companies that are much larger than we are. So the pricing got us to commit, but since then their customer service has proved to be nothing short of spectacular.
The onboarding was laid out for us step-by-step. We have a specialist that we talk to frequently that keeps us on task. When we did hit a snag, support stepped in to resolve it quickly and accurately.
The video training shows click by click what to do and how to do it. An added value is a webinar series on implementation and use.
The platform is modeled in a way that replicates our business model, so our employees found it logical and easy to implement their pieces of the big picture.

Cons

It's been working well for us, so it's kinda hard to come up with a dislike, but if I had to pick something it would be the fact that the weekly webinars "SharpSpring at Work" just went from weekly to bi-weekly. The upside is that they are planning at making them more in-depth.

Kirk D.
Industry: Banking

Great Marketing Automation Tool for B2B

Reviewed on 2020/01/07

We help credit unions build content driven in-bound funnels - the tool has met that need very well. Their onboarding and support have been super responsive and helpful.

Pros

It was very quick to deploy, fast to get my team trained, and effective in demonstrating results for clients.

In addition, the feature functionality vs. price balance is fantastic. Other tools have lots of bloatware and tools that you will never use.

Cons

I wish it had some built-in SEO tools and I wish their email list management was more forgiving on spam traps.

Rodrigo C.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Extremely robust and affordable marketing automation platform for serious business

Reviewed on 2020/08/16

SharpSpring has a feature within the contact manager that enables you to keep track and analyze "the life of the lead". This refers to all content, activity, engagement, clicks, and time spent on each content. This facilitates us with our content strategy when trying to create more opportunities and fill up our pipeline. It's very easy to manage contacts through SharpSpring because it allows you and your team to see all team interactions with that prospect, keeping everyone in the loop of the sales process. It facilitates the process of following up with your prospects.

Pros

SharpSpring has enabled my team and I to actively create multiple drip campaigns to target our newest and existing prospects. It allows us to monitor how new and existing users interact with our website, what pages they go to, and how much time they spend on each page. This has assisted us in refining our retargeting strategies and the type of content we need to create to keep our prospects engaged and interested in our services.

Cons

It would be nice to have a few more pre-made templates available when crafting email templates. SharpSpring enables you to basically drag, resize and drop different elements into your email templates, but it is not as customizable as other platforms. The social media scheduling portion is good, but it is not as robust as other platforms. Cross-posting might sometimes display differently than expected, for example posting a link that contains a featured image might show differently on SharpSpring than the actual social media platform, so we always check the actual post on the social media platform to make sure it posted as desired.

Jane P.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Happy we found SharpSpring

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

Outstanding. The customer service is highly responsive and willing to work with you.

Pros

We are so pleased to be able to offer this affordable CRM product to our customers. We work within the Pool & Spa Industry and most of our clients are small to medium-sized businesses. SharpSpring has all the functionality of extremely high-priced platforms at an affordable price point for our clients.

Cons

I'm looking forward to an upgrade in the mobile app and would like to see the html editor be changed to section selection rather than having to scroll and search.

Barbara H.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Keeps getting better and better

Reviewed on 2019/10/11

Pros

I have been extremely impressed by the rapid development and release of upgrades, new features, etc. in response to customer input. The email and landing page editor and templates are outstanding. I've worked in several other platforms, such as Act-on, and I just find them to be "clunkier" and not contemporary looking in final renderings. Support has been exceptional.

Cons

The inability to natively integrate a calendar function that would allow us to sent out not just Google iCals but also isc files for MS Outlook users (who represent 95% of my B2B client base). But the new Meetings feature is a big step forward.

Gary R.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

A must for any lead based business

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

Sharpspring is an easy to use CRM packed with useful features backed by responsive support

Pros

Email automation allows response emails to be send with dynamic content based on user interaction.
Easy integration with 3rd party software like Gravity Forms.
Allows the user to track email interaction between lead and themselves.
Task automation easy to set up using the visual automation builder.
Easy to build HTML emails using the email builder or the ability to import custom built emails.

Cons

Would love to have forms grouped into campaign folders, similar to how you can group emails

Jordan V.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

My life would have been way easier if I would have switched to SharpSpring sooner.

Reviewed on 2020/07/30

The sales team was great. You could tell they cared about more than just making the sale. They wanted to make sure that SharpSpring was the correct product for us. The onboarding process was super thorough and allowed us to get to know the product well before we dove in. Support is super responsive and incredibly quick. We've never waited more than a day for anything to get resolved. We have all of the tools we need to help our clients grow at a price point that you can't beat.

Pros

We love the automation and the social media calendar for planning and execution. The workflows have allowed us to communicate more efficiently and the personas more personally.

Cons

Some of the features aren't very intuitive and are a little clunky. You can tell that the dev. team is still working some kinks out.

Sherri O.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

If you're serious about marketing, this is the tool you're looking for.

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

My team and I were struggling to keep track of our prospects and their behavior in our site. SharpSpring accurately tells us which pages they're going to, the amount of time they're spending on each page and attributes their user behavior to a customizable lead scoring system to quickly determine which are the best prospects.

Pros

With SharpSpring, my team and I are able to stay on top of our prospects, analyze which pages they're visiting on our website, measure their engagement levels from the content we send out to them. Additionally, we also have marketing analytics at our disposal to review which traffic sources are generating the most traffic. The ability SharpSpring gives you to create, manage and measure your campaigns is beyond useful.

Cons

The social media publishing aspect could be a little more robust with real-time analytics. Sometimes the content you're trying to post does not exactly translate the way you want it to on the actual social media platform. Also, the trackable links don't always display an accurate representation of the number of clicks on media attached to your posts. The links to the trackable links should also be a lot shorter to motivate users to click on these links.

Travis S.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

A cost effective solution to marrying content to the marketing automation backbone

Reviewed on 2016/10/07

After several years as a Marketo partner, we grew tired of our clients and prospects complaining about the cost of the marketing automation technology we were offering. SMB marketing budgets are tight enough, but the bloated technology we were bringing to the table was eating half the spend. The technology is not all that sophisticated when you get down to it, so we were right with our clients when they wondered why this application was so damned expensive. And we patiently suffered the indignity of having brilliant campaign ideas cut short by shriveling budgets, constantly roped in to make room for the technology.

So you can imagine our relief when we discovered SharpSpring. Finally, a marketing automation technology that made sense. Not just because of the price, but also because of the intelligently designed user experience. Your marketing automation technology does not have to be hard to use -- you wouldn't put up with clunky UX in any other application, why would you tolerate it in your business software? And no, in fact, it shouldn't cost an arm and a leg. They didn't resurrect Albert Einstein to write their code.

With SharpSpring we get a robust marketing automation platform for our content marketing operations. We not only implement and deploy this application as a standard part of our content marketing services, we also use it for our own campaigns.

This is the future of marketing automation.

Pros

The price point is phenomenal. You get all of the standard functionality of a professional marketing automation platform at a fraction of the cost of the competition.

Cons

We'd like to see more third party integrations. As a newer platform, SharpSpring is still behind when it comes to providing fully baked connections to external services. The Zapier integrations will hold us over for now, but we're waiting patiently for more. =)

Linda K.

Best Tech Support Ever

Reviewed on 2019/11/27

As an agency, we are glad to be able to offer automated marketing to our small business clients at an affordable price. Cleaning up our martech stack is also huge with the free license we have.

Pros

Tech Support is RIGHT there. Friendly, helpful, knowledgable, and responsive. Onboarding had a bigger learning curve than I anticipated...at least for me. Tech support made all the difference.
Setting up workflows is super easy. Their approach to supporting agencies is HUGE. We attended a partner agency event and was impressed with the staff and the quality people using this software to help their clients be more successful.

Cons

Building email is a bit fussy at times. I learned after some frustration that my Grammerly app installed on Chrome was adding glitches. Adding contacts to the CRM is a bit tedious. Looking forward to updates that import contacts from emails (like Hubspot's).

Chris O.
Industry: Financial Services

My one stop perfect solution!

Reviewed on 2020/02/24

I am glad to have the sales tracking with the lead scoring and actually see who is looking at my online info, for how long, and how they interact. This really helps me determine where my salespeople should focus their efforts to drive revenue.

Pros

I was frustrated when I had a bunch of apps that I had to jump back and forth all the time in order to do my daily tasks. I think I had 8 apps that I was paying for which got expensive, especially since everything was disjointed.
When I heard about SharpSpring, and they did a demo for me, the bells went off in my head and I knew that I had to have it. I especially like the Virtual workflow section that allows me to design my funnels and create them in one integrated place. From landing page design to email templates and especially the Perfect Audience that I use for retargeting, it is a very robust platform.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like about the platform, although It was a bit difficult in the beginning to grasp the entire scope of everything it could do. In my case, I had trouble relating the Virtual Classroom videos, but that went away when I got to work hands-on on an application and started to do the tasks.
I think I really got into it and started to comprehend when I did an individual one on one meeting. The support was really great!

Stephen F.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great value for the money, but not without flaws

Reviewed on 2019/01/28

They're really responsive and their support team is quick and helpful. We have a dedicated success rep, which is very helpful too. It's pretty standard protocol for us to onboard new clients onto Sharpspring, but we use it more as an agency tool than a fully integrated sales/marketing tool.

Pros

The value for what you're getting is going to be hard to find elsewhere. They do a great job of email workflows, integration and tracking of various strategies and campaigns, and getting a quick view of the path of the lead. Plus, their model is well suited for agencies.

Cons

It's no secret that their email builder is not the best. You can make it work, but it often takes more work to get them looking the way you want them than with other email builders. To their credit, they do try to improve them over time, but what is assumed simple on other email builders is a workaround solution on this one. That being said, the annoyance of the email builder has yet to outweigh the value the software brings in other areas, so it's an annoyance that can be put up with or worked around.

Joe B.

Best Value of any MA platform available

Reviewed on 2017/01/02

I've had a great experience working with SharpSpring. I'm a consultant for companies developing new Content Strategy and Content Marketing Programs. As a result, I've had the opportunity to work with companies of all shapes and sizes in many different industries. SharpSpring has been a great fit for them regardless of size or market, and often at half the price of some of the bigger names in this space.

Their platform has been much easier to learn than some of the other systems on the market. I've worked with a few companies that insisted on using other platforms, and without exception, I've found those to have a sharper learning curve and in most cases your paying for bells and whistles that no one ever learns to use effectively and aren't necessary for a great content marketing program.
The SharpSpring team is doing a great job of focusing on what's really important as they add new features. The new landing page feature is great.

If you're implementing a marketing automation platform, I highly recommend you evaluate SharpSpring.

Pros

Easy to learn
Have all the necessary features
Price

Cons

They've changed their customer service model a few times. During some of these change overs I've had to wait a short while for support, but they seem to have things worked out now.

Steven K.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Outstanding Support

Reviewed on 2020/09/21

Very pleasant experience so far. Great service and some keen insights about our audience and site visitors. It's the "leg up" we needed.

Pros

Of all the vendors I work with, SharpSpring is probably one of the most responsive, if not #1. As a robust system, SharpSpring has a lot of moving parts. My associate and I are not short on questions. We've been able to go to the account management and tech support teams with virtually any concern or query and they've responded almost immediately (and with a great, friendly attitude).

Cons

While the landing page and email templates are faster than building from scratch, the drag and drop builder can be finicky. However, the results are still nice. If you have knowledge of CSS, it will be much easier to get the finished product you want. Overall, however, the strengths of SharpSpring outweigh this small matter.

M. sanshiro C.

Great software for agencies

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

at this point the learning curve was a little longer that I think but I totally recommend the software for agencies trying to dig into the automation world

Pros

What I like the most is the ability to track all the leads information

Cons

they don't have pop up forms, go away scripts and stuff like that to capture more leads

Dacia C.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Incredible value for a robust tool

Reviewed on 2020/06/13

SharpSpring has helped us align our sales and marketing efforts, automate and elevate our lead follow up, and extend our offering to the market.

Pros

I love the simplicity of the CRM and the ability to see the life of the lead activity across both sales and marketing. SharpSpring can do so many things and the cost can't be beat compared to equivalent offerings. You can begin using this tool very quickly.

Cons

The set up does take some commitment and patience, but the customer service is outstanding and the tracking and functionality are worth the effort.

Brandon L.

A Complete Marketing Automation Platform

Reviewed on 2016/08/21

My goal was to find an HubSpot alternative for marketing automation. HubSpot is a great platform and I have zero complaints about their services. The challenge with HubSpot is the pricing model. When a client signs up for HubSpot at $2,400, it creates a challenge to negotiate adequate agency costs. I lost potential clients who could not afford HubSpot plus agency services. SharpSpring has become my alternative for marketing automation, and I think SharpSpring offers equivalent serves compared to HubSpot. The advantage of using SharpSpring is the pricing model that gives agencies control over client pricing.

Pros

The pricing structure of SharpSpring is the key advantage compared to other platforms. An agency pays a monthly fee for licenses that are used with clients. Rather than investing in marketing, SharpSpring keeps the prices super low and allows agencies to promote the platform.

Cons

My primary concern with SharpSpring is the complexity of shopping integrations. SharpSpring works flawlessly with Woo Commerce and Shopify, but integration with BigCommerce is a challenge. I've reached out to different web design agencies looking for a fix for BigCommerce, and I am still looking for a solution. Once integrated, the SharpSpring shopping features are amazing!

Paul W.

SharpSpring

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

Excellent tool for both our company and our clients

Pros

Ease of use and features great customer services and profit making options.

Cons

All very good haven’t got any complaints at all