Practice Ignition

Proposal creation and client onboarding automation

Alister S.
  • Industry: Accounting

Best proposal software for technology-driven accountants

Reviewed on 2020/12/11

Pros

It is very user-friendly and works amazingly within the Xero ecosystem. Our entire team uses it daily and pairing it with Loom videos it really brings a WOW-factor to our clients. Our Onboarding close rate definitely increased significantly!

Cons

It’s not a full fletched CRM like Insightly or Hubspot of course but can’t complain for the subscription price. More reporting around leads tracking and product type sale % will be awesome to have.

Olly E.

my review

Reviewed on 2020/06/08

Truly fantastic customer support and onboarding support. they have gone way over above and beyond to get us up and running

Pros

Deals with onboarding compliance like letter of engagement and taking payment option

Cons

no complex billing scheduling (coming soon)

Will M.

Practice Ignition is makes service proposals with complex billing arrangements simple and easy.

Reviewed on 2018/06/13

Pros

The three main things I like the most about Practice Ignition are:

1. It's ability to handle complex billing arrangements in a proposal. It is the only platform I have come across that can easily manage up front fees, with recurring billing for a fixed period, and display this easily on a proposal.

2. I love the fact that you can set the proposal to require a credit card or bank details before it is accepted. Practice Ignition then collects the funds for you. One of the most difficult parts of running a service business is getting paid, but with Practice Ignition it takes that all away because the upfront fee is billed on acceptance, then the recurring billable amount is billed as set out in the proposal. It couldn't be easier.

3. The integration Practice Ignition has with Xero and WorkflowMax (XPM) is incredible. Once a proposal is accepted, it creates the job in WorkflowMax based on the job templates you have setup in WorkflowMax, and creates the invoices in Xero. It literally takes all the administration out of running a professional services company.

Cons

There are a few features I would like to see Practice Ignition develop, but after speaking with them they are going to push it right up the priority list as they agree. These features are:

1. The ability to create a recurring rate on recurring jobs
2. The ability to set a due date on a job - at the moment this is picked up from the contract end date.

My understanding is this will be sorted soon, so by the time you read this it may be sorted!

Wes H.

AR Automated

Reviewed on 2020/12/04

First class experience with the whole PI team and the PI software. As mentioned above, it is a game changer for us.

Pros

We have been using Practice Ignition for over three years now. its a no-brainer and a game changer. Having my AR 100% automated has saved us a lot of time performing AR/Collection tasks. It also greatly helps with our cash flow as it auto charges each client each month at the begging of the billing period as opposed to the end. PI is easy to use and does it all.

Cons

It does take 5-7 business days to receive the deposit, but I believe this is beyond the control of PI.

Meredith N.
  • Industry: Accounting

Practice Ignition - a life saver!

Reviewed on 2020/06/25

First class from the very beginning. Could not be more helpful and regularly touch base to make sure all okay and using the software to its full capacity.

Pros

Easy to use software with little tuition required. Set up and off and running sending proposals in no time. Lots of support assistance available with fast response times to queries. It has been a game changer in our company, saving so much time with client proposals and improving our internal efficiencies.

Cons

Would like to be able to add more notes to a client proposal after it is signed. eg. reminders or comments about the proposal or the client.

• Industry: Accounting

Fantastic proposal software which streamlines our business development and sales funnel.

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

I love this software. We no longer have to deal with sending quotes out, then waiting for a 'yes' then send out an engagement letter and wait for that to be signed and returned (which would mean the customer printing then scanning back to us) all before we start work and then start billing.

Now we can send one form online that converts to an engagement letter once signed (electronically) and we're away. It can also be updated an changed around so easily with a full audit trail behind it.

Pros

The software enriches the perception of our brand and instils a modern and progressive view of our business in the minds of our prospects.
Allows us to avoid 'scope-creep' by ensuring that we do not provide more than what we have agreed to without earning more for doing so.

Cons

The reporting function of this software could be improved. High-level analytics are good but drilling down into some metrics would save time with spreadsheets.

• Industry: Accounting

It's super easy to setup and use. Lots of clever features, with more features being added...

Reviewed on 2018/07/29

Client communication - letting them know upfront what my services are going to cost, and having them agree to it so there are no surprises. We've been doing this with clients for a few years but this software has saved me hours every week by simplifying the process and cutting out manual work.
Cashflow improvement - for known or suspected bad payers I can choose that they must enter bank details for a Direct Debit before accepting the proposal. It makes the conversation easier - "I can't start the work until we have an agreement in place". It removes all the time I used to spend chasing debtors.

Pros

It solves several problems in my business so is great value for money. I can customise how I use it to suit my own workflows and clients. It's simple without compromising effectiveness.

Cons

There's nothing I've found that I don't like. A few times I've thought the software didn't contain a certain functionality, but after asking support they were able to turn a new feature on for me to test.

Brett G.

Pleasant setup and support. Wonderfully streamlined practice!

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

This software saves me time on administrative work and provides my clients with a clean, nice looking proposal and limits the number of login accounts they would need.

Pros

This software will standardize your proposals and engagement letters. I don't like having my stuff spread across multiple platforms and this does a great job at consolidating many of my tasks to one solution. I can create general "jobs" that I would do for a client and enter my engagement letters separately. Using software specific tags, I can customize the engagement letter and work to be done to each client without having to use the find/replace feature in Word. They will sync my accepted proposals into accounting software and collect payment (they use Stripe). I can set up reoccurring/ monthly agreements or one-off. Very happy I found this and wish I had found it sooner than I did.

Cons

It would be nice to change the display settings of my services I offer and templates I've created. Having the ability to only view services of a certain type would help when setting up the system as well as when I'm searching for the correct service to add to a client's proposal.

Shane G.

Quicker Close / Good clients

Reviewed on 2019/05/29

Great people and great product! We have enjoyed using thus far.

Pros

Reid did an outstanding job answering all our questions during setup and implementation of this solution.
PI enables us to quickly propose on new work without all the headaches of starting proposals from scratch.
I recommend using fixed fees and a due on acceptance amount along with recurring payments to weed out the bad clients on the front end. Love the tracking too. I can tell if the prospect has received and viewed the proposal verifying they did get our service agreement.

Cons

Wish the dashboard could be filtered by date to allow a better view of the data.

Victoria M.
  • Industry: Accounting

I love receiving emails saying we've won new clients, it feels exciting to see how we're...

Reviewed on 2017/09/07

We can quickly and easily quote and see where we are up to with fees

Pros

The email notification when a client signs up, the ability to amend proposals even once they've gone to a client, the ability to create new services whenever we need to.

Cons

I would like the dashboard to be a bit clearer as I don't always understand it. I don't think it has an opt in feature for email comms and with the new GDPR regs coming in we would like to ask people whether they opt in to receiving comms from us at the same time as them signing the engagement letter.

Wendy B.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

I get paid more quickly with PI

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

Excellent experience

Pros

I LOVE that as soon as a prospect accepts our Proposal, we get paid . No uncomfortable moments of asking for money or worse, chasing invoices.

Cons

I can only offer one solution. I wish PI could offer a 3 prong Proposal where prospects could choose Options

Melissa M.

Reviewed on 2020/08/19

We use PI for sending out engagement letters to our clients. The process is quick and easy. We will be using the bulk feature soon and look forward a smooth process.

Pros

User friendly, easy to navigate and the speed of the software.

Cons

When entering in a new client, it would be nice to have this be a one page process instead of having to tab to the company page.

Kelly E.

Reviewed on 2018/07/20

Debbie R.

Reviewed on 2017/10/24

Beth S.
  • Industry: Accounting

Best Proposal Software Available!

Reviewed on 2020/11/21

It has been so easy to work with Practice Ignition, and anytime I can't figure out how to do something, our account manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been really quick to help me! He even created a workflow map for our process which showed us what we needed to work on/could automate to help our business even more!

Pros

We initially switched to Practice Ignition because it had the ability to collect payments when clients signed proposals plus it could do the reoccurring billing for us at the same time instead of us having to set it all up in QB. Clients can update their own payment settings, an the proposal process is really easy. Recently, they made changes which allow us to present multiple options within one proposal, as well as do variable billing and it has made things even better! Their support and webinars are incredibly helpful and we are so glad we switched to them! They really understand what we need for proposals and the bulk creation through support will definitely be helpful when tax season comes!

Cons

The thing we liked the least was we couldn't send options within the same proposal like we did in our old proposal software, but that's changed now! I think the only other issue we really still have is the ability to collect international payments

Stuart R.
  • Industry: Accounting

This software changed my life

Reviewed on 2020/12/13

Amazing - support team are great, I was set up and they even did some graphic design on our brochure.. ten minutes in I felt supported and knew it was the right decision!

Pros

The ability to look and feel like a big professional outfit even when you are a small firm. Our proposals look just as good as any prepared by the mid tier.

The automatic billing and collections plus engagement letters and proposals literally save me hours on hours of work!!

Cons

The last piece for me is the direct debits in NZ - other than that it's perfect!!

Chris I.

I absolutely love Practice Ignition

Reviewed on 2020/12/05

Practice Ignition has made engaging with our clients a seamless process. We deal with a large volume of clients and with how easy and efficient the systems are, we are able to quickly send proposals, collect payment with virtually no administrative burden, and have great reporting around every step of the process. I can not recommend this product enough, it is truly one of my favorite programs that we work with inside of our firm and the the support team is just as great to work with! Thank you so much!!

Pros

- Fast
- Intuitive
- Option to collect payment in order to sign
- Low amount of admin needed
- Amazing support team, fast turn around
- Scalable
- Open to feedback, they actually listen!!

Cons

I legitimately do not have a single con that I would give.

the only thing even close would be there is not currently a way to display a discount for a service item directly from the standard cost of the service. This is something that I have left feedback on and is already slated to be adjusted in a future update. to my previous point, they actually listen to feedback which is amazing.

• Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

The best tool for ready-made proposal templates.

Reviewed on 2021/02/06

For me, Practice Ignition is really good software and has helped me a lot in uplifting my business and it has proved as a game-changer for me with its extraordinary features. By using its readymade proposal templates I have managed to save a lot of time thus giving it to my clients and I have seen a customer engagement prompt and simple too with practice ignition. Also by its automatic payment, we don’t have to bother our customers every month.

Pros

I have seen it as a really good and helpful software that has eased my work as it has combined different objectives and tasks and provided them to me on a single platform thus making work more efficient and less time taking. I must admire its ability of Direct debit collection and invoices in soft. It has transformed the power of a single click as I can now send a large engagement with just a single click. It is structured and well organized and with it, I am not able to keep track of proposals which has helped me in modifying my relation with my clients thus resulting in client satisfaction.

Cons

The switching option between different templates is also missing in it and also a single proposal sent with a single option bothers me as I think there should be an option of multiple options in single.

Diane D.
  • Industry: Accounting

PI has been a game changer for our business in a period of growth

Reviewed on 2020/12/10

We were spending a lot of time on engagements, especially as a growing practice. We also were making mistakes (as using word) and PI has proved invaluable. We started using it in 2017 and would highly recommend to businesses who need to engage clients / send terms of business etc.
We link with XPM and Xero, and I think we need to iron out a few issues (mostly XPM related!), but could not be without it. What used to take a few hours and not look great, now takes 5 minutes and creates a great first impression. We attach our brochure and kick of the process of engagement / job set up / invoicing etc.
Also better control over changes in terms etc - just one place to keep up to date.

Pros

A one stop shop for a great looking engagement letter that links to our job management system, creating the jobs and importing the client info.

Cons

I look forward to more features being added with the integration with XPM, so recurring dates can be more flexible, budgets imported against jobs. But I am confident this is advancing all the time which is great.

Tricia O.

Absolutely love PI

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

Practice Ignition has been a game changer for us from the moment I pulled the trigger on it. It revolutionized our process for creating proposals, is an enormous time saver and it creates a process that is standardized and consistently the awesome experience we want our clients to have. We close more engagements and at better fees than ever before. I can't say enough about how it changed my firm and put us on the path to the firm I really want. It was the start of all the progressive ideas we have put into place because it gave me the space and the revenues to recreate my firm. The team at PI can't be beat. I am seriously crushing on all of them.😍🎉👏👍

Pros

It automates the preparation of proposals, it makes them look professional, it allows us to be paid sooner, the team at practice ignition is absolutely incredible.

Cons

Billing clients on an alternative schedule then monthly or quarterly was difficult but they have fixed that problem.

Practice Ignition Review

Reviewed on 2018/10/01

It’s been pleasant. This product came highly recommended by other accountants, so we gave it a shot. Again, from the client side, it’s nice to have them sign one agreement for multiple contracts. The dashboard is great, and the automated reminders really save our staff time following up on contracts that go out. If they could provide more than 1 template option, we’d have scored higher.

Pros

We moved to Practice Ignition after using a few other contract management platforms, because we felt it offered a better experience for our clients. It does in offering one signature for multiple contract types (tax, consulting services, implementation services, etc). It is superior to other platforms from that standpoint. We also felt the co-branding was better. Also, greatly appreciate the automated reminders.

Cons

By far & the reason I did not score higher, was the fact that we are limited to one template when sending contracts. We send new engagement agreements and renewal letters via Practice Ignition, but the template that accompanies each agreement can not be customized. The email template we send to new clients needs to be different than the email template sent to renewal clients, but I have been told it can’t be changed. This does not allow for a productive workflow.

Travis K.

Great website for creating client engagements

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

Practice ignition save us heaps of time and this means we get to spend more time on value add work rather than chasing bills.

Pros

Practice Ignition has helped get a lot of our clients onto fixed fee payment plans this means we don't have to chase bills and its all easy to manage in one place.

Cons

It can be a bit confusing to get set up. I highly recommend using their tutorial videos to get an idea of what the software is capable of.

Kate S.

Love Practice Ignition

Reviewed on 2018/08/29

Great results from clients. Makes interactions with clients current & new so much easier, they know what we are offering, price and everything is explained in one document.

Pros

Easy to use and great results. You can set up as many templates as you like.

Cons

Nothing! It's all so very simple, anyone can use it

Response from Practice Ignition

Thanks for your review Kate! We really appreciate it :)

Paul Y.
  • Industry: Accounting

Practice Ignition is key to managing the work we do for our clients.

Reviewed on 2017/10/23

Streamlined our proposals for providing package services and integration into Xero

Pros

It is simple to use and integrates beautifully with Xero Practice Manager which allows us to manage our work from proposal stage to progress billing to completion of the project.

Sam H.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Awesome customer support - but a pretty high price point!

Reviewed on 2020/06/08

In my trial I felt it was a powerful, easy to use system. Unfortunately, the high price put me off moving my proposal/quote management system over to PI. Perhaps in the future once my business is larger, but not at this stage.

Pros

I Like that PI streamlines the entire proposal making process meaning that I can easily and quickly send out proposals to clients. Also, the digital signature ability makes signing documents super simple. Also, I'd like to give a special mention to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] the PI service rep who reached out to me at the very beginning. He was extremely helpful and very knowledgeable and he helped me out with all the questions I had.

Cons

I felt the entry price point was a bit high. At 75 USD a month, I didn't feel like the additional functionality was worth the extra price. Especially for a small business owner like myself. PI's closest competitor - Hubspot offers more or less the same functionality at $40 a month for their Sales Hub package. I feel that the if the price point was lower or if they had a lower entry package I would have gladly signed on with PI.