Practice Ignition

Proposal creation and client onboarding automation

4,7
4,5
4,5
4,6
4,8
Beth S.
Industry: Accounting

Best Proposal Software Available!

Reviewed on 2020/11/21

It has been so easy to work with Practice Ignition, and anytime I can't figure out how to do something, our account manager Paul has been really quick to help me! He even created a workflow map for our process which showed us what we needed to work on/could automate to help our business even more!

Pros

We initially switched to Practice Ignition because it had the ability to collect payments when clients signed proposals plus it could do the reoccurring billing for us at the same time instead of us having to set it all up in QB. Clients can update their own payment settings, an the proposal process is really easy. Recently, they made changes which allow us to present multiple options within one proposal, as well as do variable billing and it has made things even better! Their support and webinars are incredibly helpful and we are so glad we switched to them! They really understand what we need for proposals and the bulk creation through support will definitely be helpful when tax season comes!

Cons

The thing we liked the least was we couldn't send options within the same proposal like we did in our old proposal software, but that's changed now! I think the only other issue we really still have is the ability to collect international payments

Olly E.

my review

Reviewed on 2020/06/08

Truly fantastic customer support and onboarding support. they have gone way over above and beyond to get us up and running

Pros

Deals with onboarding compliance like letter of engagement and taking payment option

Cons

no complex billing scheduling (coming soon)

Dwayne B.

Watch Your Chargebacks

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/07/10

It's going to be easier and to be more in control of my clients since it doesn't matter there's no recourse once Practice Ignition chooses to believe the other person instead of the people paying for the service. I can do the same thing and work directly with any challenges instead of just sucking it up and losing thousands more.

Pros

After getting used to it, it didn't seem bad at first but then the charge backs hit without any formal notice nor warning.

Cons

A former client said they didn't receive the services, Practice Ignition asked me to defend the potential charge back but then it was a waste of my time to do anything because they took back the entire amount, on top of already having charged me for the merchant fees.

Response from Practice Ignition

Hi Dwayne, My name is Tom Maxwell and I'm on the leadership team at Practice Ignition. I'm truly sorry you had this experience but please allow me to clarify your concerns here:

Unfortunately, your client disputed your charge which initiated an immediate reversal by the clients' bank. Immediate reversals are completely out of our control, which is no different to any payment processor, (including Intuit, as an example: https://intuit.me/2JNFyzg).

As soon as we were made aware of the dispute, we immediately contacted you, and as a standard practice, we offered to submit evidence on your behalf. We also asked you to submit more evidence that the dispute had been resolved between you and your client, to strengthen your case. You declined to take up this offer.

Dwayne, please know we are here to help in circumstances that fall outside our control. We are sorry your experience went this way and we hope that we have the opportunity to win back your trust again.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Kate G.

PI for App Advisory Services

Reviewed on 2020/08/19

The team at PI are really helpful, from our initial conversations with them, to onboarding and set up, right through to our firm-wide roll out. They are quick to response to emails and jump on Zoom calls as and when needed. The software itself is easy to use and the UI is intuitive. Its been a learning curve for us around setting up our service library but the team have been on hand to give direction throughout. We're now starting to look at the added extras like webconnectors, videos and expending our service library to include traditional compliance services too.

Pros

This software has helped streamline our service offerings for app advisory service, helped our outline exactly what is involved or included in the scope, and more importantly what isn't. We've had great feedback from our customers when receiving proposals, and we can now create and send proposal in minutes whereas it used to take an hour or more to draft emails explaining it all. The speed of response from clients is amazing, and the turnaround from offering a service to acceptance and deployment of a job is a game changer for us.

Cons

There has been some internal resistance to using the software as accountants like to rely on the old methods of sending out paper forms to get signed off. However, it the app advisory space, we were able to use this to our advantage and get some real traction with the product before starting to roll it out across the more traditional areas of the business.

Will M.

Practice Ignition is makes service proposals with complex billing arrangements simple and easy.

Reviewed on 2018/06/13

Pros

The three main things I like the most about Practice Ignition are:

1. It's ability to handle complex billing arrangements in a proposal. It is the only platform I have come across that can easily manage up front fees, with recurring billing for a fixed period, and display this easily on a proposal.

2. I love the fact that you can set the proposal to require a credit card or bank details before it is accepted. Practice Ignition then collects the funds for you. One of the most difficult parts of running a service business is getting paid, but with Practice Ignition it takes that all away because the upfront fee is billed on acceptance, then the recurring billable amount is billed as set out in the proposal. It couldn't be easier.

3. The integration Practice Ignition has with Xero and WorkflowMax (XPM) is incredible. Once a proposal is accepted, it creates the job in WorkflowMax based on the job templates you have setup in WorkflowMax, and creates the invoices in Xero. It literally takes all the administration out of running a professional services company.

Cons

There are a few features I would like to see Practice Ignition develop, but after speaking with them they are going to push it right up the priority list as they agree. These features are:

1. The ability to create a recurring rate on recurring jobs
2. The ability to set a due date on a job - at the moment this is picked up from the contract end date.

My understanding is this will be sorted soon, so by the time you read this it may be sorted!

Meredith N.
Industry: Accounting

Practice Ignition - a life saver!

Reviewed on 2020/06/25

First class from the very beginning. Could not be more helpful and regularly touch base to make sure all okay and using the software to its full capacity.

Pros

Easy to use software with little tuition required. Set up and off and running sending proposals in no time. Lots of support assistance available with fast response times to queries. It has been a game changer in our company, saving so much time with client proposals and improving our internal efficiencies.

Cons

Would like to be able to add more notes to a client proposal after it is signed. eg. reminders or comments about the proposal or the client.

Travis K.
Industry: Financial Services

Great website for creating client engagements

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

Practice ignition save us heaps of time and this means we get to spend more time on value add work rather than chasing bills.

Pros

Practice Ignition has helped get a lot of our clients onto fixed fee payment plans this means we don't have to chase bills and its all easy to manage in one place.

Cons

It can be a bit confusing to get set up. I highly recommend using their tutorial videos to get an idea of what the software is capable of.

Katrina R.

A great product

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

It has allowed us to move from the more traditional time billing system to a fixed fee program that clients seem to really like. One day we won't need timesheets and this will help us get there!

Pros

I love this program for ease of use. it does what it needs to. I can set quotes to be sent out and when they are accepted they fill in bank details to do direct debit. I don't need to do anything else. I love the new update for recurring billing so I don't have to send out new annual fee quotes if we agree that the same price is still relevant.

Cons

I possibly don't use it to its full capacity as when we started using it the software was very basic but the new updates are making it a bit better. I don't have much negative to say.

Caleb l. J.
Industry: Accounting

PI has helped us automate our onboarding & billing

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/10/15

Pros

We were struggling to keep track of all our proposals, engagement letters, and billing schedules in a Google Sheet prior to using Practice Ignition. After we started using P.I., we saved immense amounts of time by completely automating the engagement letters & billing. It's also incredibly easy to go search and see what we are doing for each client in P.I. now...

Cons

My biggest suggestion right now for P.I.: Allow me to create my 3 package proposal in a nice one page proposal that I would email to my clients. Once they select one of the proposals, they would just click through to the Engagement Letter and then on to the Payments... This would save the other 2 unaccepted proposals as archived historical packages so that I could go back and review what I had proposed to my client.

Ian C.
Industry: Accounting

Don't run a practice without it.

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

Great experience, amazing onboarding with dedicated support.

Pros

PI solves the AR problem while also taking care of engagement letters/client agreements. It keeps your practice running smoothly.

Cons

Cons? I guess that I waiting so long to implement PI!

Practice Ignition Review

Reviewed on 2018/10/01

It’s been pleasant. This product came highly recommended by other accountants, so we gave it a shot. Again, from the client side, it’s nice to have them sign one agreement for multiple contracts. The dashboard is great, and the automated reminders really save our staff time following up on contracts that go out. If they could provide more than 1 template option, we’d have scored higher.

Pros

We moved to Practice Ignition after using a few other contract management platforms, because we felt it offered a better experience for our clients. It does in offering one signature for multiple contract types (tax, consulting services, implementation services, etc). It is superior to other platforms from that standpoint. We also felt the co-branding was better. Also, greatly appreciate the automated reminders.

Cons

By far & the reason I did not score higher, was the fact that we are limited to one template when sending contracts. We send new engagement agreements and renewal letters via Practice Ignition, but the template that accompanies each agreement can not be customized. The email template we send to new clients needs to be different than the email template sent to renewal clients, but I have been told it can’t be changed. This does not allow for a productive workflow.

Tom P.

Practice Ignition - Review

Reviewed on 2016/06/29

Great product for Accountants and Bookkeepers looking to move to a package / upfront billing model.

Particularly good for our firm, as it integrates into our client database, and deploys our job flow once a proposal has been accepted.

It also has website connector, so we can sell our services on our website, and initiate the on boarding process from there.

Provides analytics and internal notes which is also really helpful.

Additional reporting would be nice.

Pros

All in one solution. Client engagement documents, jobflow deployment, billing.

Cons

Can take a while to get your head around.

Industry: Accounting

Fantastic proposal software which streamlines our business development and sales funnel.

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

I love this software. We no longer have to deal with sending quotes out, then waiting for a 'yes' then send out an engagement letter and wait for that to be signed and returned (which would mean the customer printing then scanning back to us) all before we start work and then start billing.

Now we can send one form online that converts to an engagement letter once signed (electronically) and we're away. It can also be updated an changed around so easily with a full audit trail behind it.

Pros

The software enriches the perception of our brand and instils a modern and progressive view of our business in the minds of our prospects.
Allows us to avoid 'scope-creep' by ensuring that we do not provide more than what we have agreed to without earning more for doing so.

Cons

The reporting function of this software could be improved. High-level analytics are good but drilling down into some metrics would save time with spreadsheets.

Lazarus K.

Tracking categories

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

Pros

I love that:
1. You can attach a business profile with your proposal
2. Show a breakdown of your services and give a brief description of each. This really adds value
3. Set up reminders for clients to accept proposal
4. Send invoices directly to Xero once a proposal is accepted
5. With the help of Zapier, send work flows to Asana

Cons

The challenge is that the invoices sent to Xero are sent without their tracking categories. One has to manually update these invoices for tracking categories. A feature that send these invoices with tracking categories would be great.

Karen G.

Create a Proposal - And forget about it. Practice Ignition Thinks for you

Reviewed on 2018/08/03

We set up all of our billing through Practice Ignition. Clients need to put in their credit card details or banking details before they can accept/agree to a proposal. This means one less thing we need to do - chase payment from our client. The only time we need to do this is if a payment is not able to be collected.
Overall, a very simple, brilliant program to use. I love the HelpDesk as they are generally very quick to respond to our queries, no matter how trivial.
Setting up a proposal for my Manager to review prior to it being sent is a brilliant little feature also. I recommend trying this for yourself.

Pros

Where to start. From setting up templates for future use, to sending reminder emails of when the proposals are signed, due for expiration, weekly review, to quick turnaround times from the help desk - what's not to like?

Cons

Not to be negative on a great product, but if you're looking for an invoice, you need to open each proposal for the client in the proposals list to be able to access the invoice tab, to search through each invoice to find the one you need. On the upside, as soon as the invoice is raised it sent to Xero which is time saving plus!

Benjamin D.

Practice Ignition

Reviewed on 2020/10/30

Good.

Pros

Easy/intuitive to use and well priced. Much more organised than paper engagements.

Cons

Has a few bugs from time to time which prevent it doing what you want it to. Search function not that intelligent, could do with more reporting/data analysis/Excel export functionality. Could also do with the ability to attach more than 1 PDF.

Simon P.
Industry: Executive Office

Amazing

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

Epic.

Pros

Scalability. Ease of use. The elegance of the front-end presentation

Cons

Accounting Focus... we're a digital agency so that bit doesn't have relevance. But negligible.

Kate S.

Love Practice Ignition

Reviewed on 2018/08/29

Great results from clients. Makes interactions with clients current & new so much easier, they know what we are offering, price and everything is explained in one document.

Pros

Easy to use and great results. You can set up as many templates as you like.

Cons

Nothing! It's all so very simple, anyone can use it

Response from Practice Ignition

Thanks for your review Kate! We really appreciate it :)

Paul Y.
Industry: Accounting

Practice Ignition is key to managing the work we do for our clients.

Reviewed on 2017/10/23

Streamlined our proposals for providing package services and integration into Xero

Pros

It is simple to use and integrates beautifully with Xero Practice Manager which allows us to manage our work from proposal stage to progress billing to completion of the project.

Giovanna A.
Industry: Accounting

Practice Ignition is a great tool and perfect for organizing proposals

Reviewed on 2017/10/23

Pros

great for proposals and cash flow very flexible with different ways of payments, if the client is right infront of you they can check the email right through there phone.

Cons

the only complain is having to wait 2 weeks for the disbursal, everything else with Practice Ignition works great.

Laura R.

Exactly what we needed

Reviewed on 2019/04/28

The overall experience with Practice Ignition is excellent. The setup process improved our sales process.
This solution gets us out of email and portals with passwords. It does the heavy lifting for an important moment in the sales process. And it looks great doing it!

Pros

This app is the perfect tool once you've determined what service plan is right for your prospect. We use another tool for needs assessment and pricing. Practice Ignition seals the deal. What I like most about Practice Ignition are its robust features. It's a great experience for the prospect and designed for them to receive a proposal via web or mobile. Payment solution is built in. Integration to QuickBooks & Zapier lets you plug this into your tech stack to record revenue, payment and then zap the new order to your workflow management tool for onboarding & service delivery. The templates and service descriptions let you customize to your liking. The support center is more than helpful; it taught me how to create a better sales experience. The dashboard gives you a bird's eye view so you can follow through on closings.

Cons

I cannot think of one thing that we do not like about this software. I especially appreciate that it does not clutter its mission with a lot of other data. It does its job and it does it well.

Bassim M.

Practice Ignition has helped me simply the proposal writing process and payment collections.

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

Pros

automated collections, it made my life a lot easier and improved our cash flow and overall collections.

Cons

It is not connected to Karbon. If it was connected to Karbon, we could start automating some of the the onboarding steps.

Industry: Financial Services

The BEST Payment Processor / Engagement software

Reviewed on 2019/03/22

Great and their customer service is excellent.

Pros

It's saved me a ton of money in two instances where a client tried to back out of paying for work that was already in process or completed. I have an accounting firm with larger clients. I have the software set up to only accept ACH, which gives me more control over refunds / charge backs.

I love that it has everything together: the engagement letter, the scope of work and the payment all in one.

Cons

The user design is just ok. It's not bad but there's a lot of manual data entry in the beginning.

Industry: Accounting

It's super easy to setup and use. Lots of clever features, with more features being added regularly.

Reviewed on 2018/07/29

Client communication - letting them know upfront what my services are going to cost, and having them agree to it so there are no surprises. We've been doing this with clients for a few years but this software has saved me hours every week by simplifying the process and cutting out manual work.
Cashflow improvement - for known or suspected bad payers I can choose that they must enter bank details for a Direct Debit before accepting the proposal. It makes the conversation easier - "I can't start the work until we have an agreement in place". It removes all the time I used to spend chasing debtors.

Pros

It solves several problems in my business so is great value for money. I can customise how I use it to suit my own workflows and clients. It's simple without compromising effectiveness.

Cons

There's nothing I've found that I don't like. A few times I've thought the software didn't contain a certain functionality, but after asking support they were able to turn a new feature on for me to test.

Sam H.
Company size: Self Employed

Awesome customer support - but a pretty high price point!

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/06/08

In my trial I felt it was a powerful, easy to use system. Unfortunately, the high price put me off moving my proposal/quote management system over to PI. Perhaps in the future once my business is larger, but not at this stage.

Pros

I Like that PI streamlines the entire proposal making process meaning that I can easily and quickly send out proposals to clients. Also, the digital signature ability makes signing documents super simple. Also, I'd like to give a special mention to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] the PI service rep who reached out to me at the very beginning. He was extremely helpful and very knowledgeable and he helped me out with all the questions I had.

Cons

I felt the entry price point was a bit high. At 75 USD a month, I didn't feel like the additional functionality was worth the extra price. Especially for a small business owner like myself. PI's closest competitor - Hubspot offers more or less the same functionality at $40 a month for their Sales Hub package. I feel that the if the price point was lower or if they had a lower entry package I would have gladly signed on with PI.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10