BetterWorks Reviews

BetterWorks

Enterprise-level goal setting and performance tracking tools

4.3/5 (9 reviews)

The best tool I've seen for managing OKRs

Reviewed on 2018/01/16

Pros

Provides exceptional visibility into the OKRs of large organizations, making it easy to align on strategies with other sibling orgs within the greater org.

Cons

UI can be non-intuitive sometimes. Lack of consistency between different UI views, leads to user confusion. Some more walk-thru wizards would help.

A positive influence

Reviewed on 2019/04/14

Pros

- Good promoter of a transparency culture - I like the ability to see the objectives of senior directors and how the rest of the companies objectives are aligned to these.
- The ability to request peer feedback from within the app is very useful - and especially the ability for managers to see.

Cons

- There's no functionality to review previous checkins, other than manually clicking into each one. I have weekly checkins with my direct reports and find our checkin notes useful for quarterly performance evaluations - if I could see all of them on one screen or be able to search into them, this would be a big improvement

Melissa V.

We just implemented Betterworks to track Performance Management for our entire company.

Reviewed on 2018/01/15

The ability to track my goals and see how I am growing within my company. This is also helpful to me because I am a young professional and by tracking my goals through betterworks it allows me to quantify my skills so I can list them on my resume.

Pros

We just started using Betterworks to track our companies performance management. The thing I like most about Betterworks is the layout that allows me to organize my goals in a comprehensive manner. It also has different methods in which I can track my progress in completing a goal whether that is in a percentage basis, units, or dollar basis. In addition, I can set a goal and then change the due dates of the OKR's so I don't have to complete the whole thing at once.

Cons

I wish I could see an organization chart of the entire company and its goals not just my team's org. chart and our goals. I wish there was a better way to link my better works goals with other applications I use. For example, with my Project Management goal, I want to ensure my deliverables are on time but there isn't a good link with ASANA my project management app so I have to track my accuracy manually which is difficult.

7.0/10
Kevin C.

Awesome tool to keep teams on track!

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

Overall, Betterworks is a great tool an entire company can get behind and stay organized within. It helps keep track of high-level company efforts to ensure we remain aligned. I'd recommend this tool to anyone who is thinking about utilizing the OKR model.

Pros

Finally, a user-friendly tool that enables teams to track progress on milestones using the OKR model. Some of the great features include:
- Tiered goals
- Assigned goals
- Milestones within goals
- Goal tracking and analytic-based reporting
- Robust on- boarding system

Cons

There is a (very) slight learning curve to immediately get started.

Well organized tool that's easy for all levels

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/01/18

An easy way to create new professional development goals for myself

Pros

It was easy to get started as a beginner and I liked the very simple training and tips provided when I first logged in. I also love the fact that it gives you a range of view options (including list, chart and dashboard) to fit your individual preferences. It's a nice streamlined user interface that includes just the right amount of clicks to find what you're looking for. I also like the export feature.

Cons

It took me a few times to get the hang of moving items after I first created them. It takes some effort to reorganize something for a 2nd or 3rd time.

Dan G.

Probably a good option for large enterprises

Reviewed on 2017/02/25

It's pricey, so a large company might be a better candidate. We used it for a couple of years, but it was difficult to get everyone at the firm to adopt. The frequency of updates and changes to the look and feel of the interface added to the challenge. For a larger company with a big HR group, this could be a great solution.

Matt "griff" K.

Working towards common goals

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

We are aligning business goals from the top down and down to the top. Previously we tried to use another software, Podio, to achieve this. We spent a ton of money and time on Podio to adapt it when we should have used this software in the first place.

Pros

This is an app that allows an organization to create goals from the C-level to the associate level. It lets you align the short-term and long-term goals to what is needed for the person or organization. It is well thought out and intuitive to use.

Cons

Not much that I have not liked so far, it is easy to use and you can navigate without training.

7.0/10
Nandini K.

Great goal tracking app

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2017/11/17

Pros

I really like the integration that we can do for a software - like jira salesforce and google sheets to track our goals.

Cons

Load time. Response time could be better for sure. I many a time see an empty screen. But I really like it.

Rachel B.

good portal for multiple functionalities and teams, versatile and easily adaptable, accessibility +

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/07/24

Pros

intuitive, easy to personalize, can be utilized for any goal, good customer service, reliable and open

Cons

not compatible with most other software systems, complicated to set up and maintain, expensive investment