Zoho Vault

4,3
4,2
Ludovic M.
Company size: Self Employed

The cornerstone of your password security, made simple

Reviewed on 2020/07/17

After I got hacked due to low password security, one friend advised a couple of Password Vaults. I long used Keepass, then turned to Zoho Vault as a way to bring my passwords online and manage it from both phone and laptop. Combined with strong master passwords for main apps, as well as Double Authentication, it provides a strong, reliable system and a lot of serenity :)

Pros

Ease of use, ability to generate strong random passwords, ability to create file and sort passwords (especially useful when dealing with several clients with similar apps / services)

Cons

Might get a little messy if you don't manage your files and folders, nice new interface but sometimes a display bug can occur

Patrick O.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great tool for managing customer account credentials amongst a team

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

I have a team of 8 product analysts who are currently managing credentials for over 400 customers on up to 8 different sites per customer. Utilizing​ Zoho's API, we have been able to create a secure form for customers to submit their credentials directly to our admin account and then are accessible to all team members through their Chrome and Safari toolbar extensions. The main reason we went with Zoho was so that I could allow team members to login to client's accounts without ever being able to view (and potentially) copy the customer's secure information. However, it has also improved our workflow as the one-click login access makes it faster and easier to manage the program.

Pros

I like the ease of setting up Secrets and Chambers to easily organize customer credentials. Zoho Vault​ is also an excellent tool to manage credentials and provide multiple users access to one-click login ability without ever having access to the actual password information. Customer service is fantastic.

Cons

One-click login access is a little more difficult to set up for sites like Google where the login is multi-step, but it is possible with the correct URL structure. There can also be a slight delay for team members accessing credentials via the toolbar extension when updates are made via the admin account.

Steve P.

Value per dollar, this package is industry-leading. The functionality/management aspect isn't quite

Reviewed on 2018/04/23

Pros

The value is through the roof. Not only does the free single-user model give you full access, but even the paid version of the software is manageable and cheap to any organization. There is user provisioning/management for enterprises.

Cons

Honestly? The mobile app isn't amazing (keeper's is better) and the terminology ("secrets", "chambers", etc) is kinda daft. Organization between said units can be unclear when you're trying to figure out how it all works/looks/displays.

Steve P.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Not as full featured or easy as the bigger products (like LastPass) but the price is RIGHT!

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

Pros

It's relatively full-featured, centrally manageable, and most importantly, priced EXTREMELY competitively! Hands down, the best value password manager for any small to medium sized organization. As a small IT team on a tight budget, this tool is absolutely vital and the cost is so good that it was almost a no-brainer to choose this particular tool.

Cons

Chambers, secrets, and how they relate - these things are confusing. The mobile app could use some work, as it's still not as well-rounded as their web version. The interface, period, could likely use a bit of work. However, considering the price these things can be overlooked.

Ariel S.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great Desktop and Mobile password manager

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Overall I'm happy with Zoho Vault and will continue using it to generate and store both my personal and professional passwords.

Pros

I switched to this from a password manager app that wasn't syncing properly across my devices, and I have found Zoho Vault really easy to use and update from whatever computer or device I happen to be using, whether Windows or Apple.

Cons

There are a few clunky or buggy aspects to the software - sometimes when creating a new "secret" (saved account) if I tab into the password field it will auto-fill, and occasionally even if I replace that password with a newly generated one it still saves with the auto-filled password. I work around this by immediately opening a newly created secret and checking that the correct password saved. Also, on iPhone if I'm on a website and open Zoho Vault from that website's auto-fill options, Zoho Vault will look empty and I won't be able to search for the correct secret. Other than that, this tool is easy to use and syncs perfectly.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Easily share and manage password with team members

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

My company's experience with Zoho Vault has been nothing but positive. We manage client systems, including servers, and networking hardware. Each piece of equipment has one or more sets of credentials. Prior to using this software, any known credentials were sloppily placed in a spreadsheet. I looked for a cost-effective password management system that enabled sharing between team members, offered easy mobile access, and most importantly was secure. We tried the Zoho Vault trial and purchased the full license shortly thereafter. We now constantly say "remember to put it in Zoho" when setting up a new system. It has taken the guesswork out of gaining access to systems.

Pros

While there is a website version, having the Android version available while on the go is very important. Multifactor support for using the app is also an important feature.

Cons

The mobile interface (Andoird) could use an update. I find that the sharing section in particular looks a little dated and the controls are small for big hands. I often have to swipe down to refresh the screen to show the list of saved credentials.

Mark F.
Industry: Insurance

YES! A real password managment tool that is complient.

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

We use Zoho Vault multiple times a day. I love that the master passphrase is an encyption key and isn't an acutal password. I love the there are no data points saved on zoho servers. Meaning, that everything is encrypted and SOC 2 certified.

In the insurance industry, we have so many passwords and logins. The program makes it a secure and easy way to manage all of those logins with passwords that change every 90 days. Zoho Vault helps us keep track of all that without being scared of security issues. I highly reccomend zoho vault to anyone! Just don't loose your master passphrase. It's not stored on any servers so if you loose that, the only thing that can be done is for ZOHO to create you a brand new zoho vault account. This is for security reasons, and frankly, I'm very happy on their level of security with this program. It's virtually un-hackable.

Pros

I love how we can assign specific login information to an individual person or a group of employees.

Cons

Don't have any cons, i use this tool all the time and not sure how i functioned before its existence.

Karel R.
Industry: Construction

Great for Free Personal Use Password Management

Reviewed on 2018/10/25

Password management has never been more secure and centralized with ZohoVault. I use the encrypted HTML file on my desktop for ease of access, which is awesome. Exporting ZohoVault data to CSV helps me to create paper backups as a last measure of security for not losing my passwords.

Pros

- The new Two-Factor authentication app looks great and seems more secure than SMS
- Synchronization of passwords across all devices (sometimes I add new passwords on my computer and sometimes on my phone)
- Encrypted HMTL files for offline access saves me a lot of time and it is still secure
- Automatic password generator gives me ideas about what password I want to generate

Cons

- The free version doesn't come with data backup, but I can't complain since I'm not paying anything and I can work around that limitation

- Maybe I'm not doing it right but the auto-fill is kinda a hit/miss. Then again, I prefer punching in my passwords myself

Elmo L.
Industry: Management Consulting

Easy way to store password

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

Easy and securely manage you password and share them with team members.

Pros

The web as well as the phone app is easy to use when storing and retrieving passwords. The passwords are masked making it more secure when working with someone looking over you shoulder.

Cons

I think it maybe time to upgrade the web version interface and make it more intuitive. An button to email the login and password might also be nice to have.

Denise G.

Easily accessible yet secure!

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

I like that there are options to save personal and work passwords in different locations within the software. The price is very cost effective and you definitely get what you pay for! The interface is very easy to use.

Cons

I have had trouble using it on Internet Explorer. Although it's not as popular of a web browser as it used to be, I think the software should still function the same.

Kristen Z.
Industry: Internet

Super reliable and easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

It's helped our team keep accounts secure.

Pros

This is my favorite password manager because it's easy to create new entries and I can always find what I need. I also really like that I can share my entries, even with people outside my organization.

Cons

I had Lastpass first and it preventing Zoho Vault from being able to auto-fill my passwords properly. I also wish I could duplicate entries.

Fatima A.

Easy to use password manager, designed to be used by large groups of users.

Reviewed on 2018/04/28

Pros

Accessible from any browser, any platform.
Password strength report, ensures your passwords are strong. And, you can generate strong passwords too.
Allows sharing and transferring of logins and passwords between users.
Store unlimited passwords and notes, attach files/documents to them.
Auto login detection and saving, with ability to automatically log in to websites.
Two-factor authentication.
Mobile access with applications for Android and iOS.
Browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox.
AES-256 for encryption and offline access.

Cons

Auto detection and auto login feature of other password managers is much more better and responsive than this application.
Mobile applications are buggy and annoying.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Perfect for all your passwords

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

Pros

I love the one click login to websites and I can access it from any device. I like the option to have employees have different access levels to each stored site. I also like that I can decide when the pass phrase is cleared.

Cons

Sometimes the sync doesn't work and you are unable to use the auto login to actually login to the site. It can be frustrating having to wait for the sync to happen

Zoho Vault Affordable Password Manager

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

I have used other similar overpriced products in the past, Zoho Vault does what it says for an affordable price.

Pros

Able to use Vault on all of my devices, I have hundreds if not thousands of credentials that I need access to on a daily basis and Vault works on all of my devices and I am able to get my work done, in the office, at home or on the road. There customer service department is prompt and courteous.

Cons

I do not have any issues with this product whatsoever. It does exactly what it claims at an affordable price.

Solid password manager

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

We needed a password manager that would let us share admin passwords between certain people, while keeping others private. Vault does this flawlessly.

It's easy to generate new secure passwords and to save new sites within the correct chambers.

If you're looking for an efficient and cost-effective password manager, Zoho Vault should definitely be on your short list.

Pros

I love not having to remember any passwords and it is really easy to share passwords with other members of my team.

Cons

The terminology is not always as clear as it could be when you're first learning, but once you know what everything means, this issue disappears.

Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
Company size: Self Employed

Free & easy

Reviewed on 2018/11/17

I looked online for password software/apps. I wanted something that was both free, and multiplatform.

I also experimented with 1pass and some others, but found them lacking. I don't have hours and hours to keep searching, but so far Vault is good enough, and given me no reason to look again, after about a year.

Pros

that it is free, and easy to use. And that it is so multi-platform, though I haven't used the Android platform much.

Cons

It might be easier to hack into or crack than I realize.

Great password manager for SMEs

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

Pros

Feels secure
Good mobile experience
Integration with Google suite

Cons

Complex to use
Tablet version with issues

FREE Forever personal plan is perfect. But Zoho vault comes into its own when used with teams.

Reviewed on 2017/12/15

It cost nothing to try and I used the FREEMIUM account for some time before inviting other team members to share with me at a very low cost.

Pros

Straightforward setup with all the major Browser extensions. A FREE FOREVER plan. Works across IOS, Android, Web, Windows and MacOS platforms.

Cons

Unable to fill out forms. Does not support logins for two-factor authentication sites and some sites just don't like it.

Rebecca B.
Industry: Telecommunications

My favorite password manager with great chrome extension

Reviewed on 2019/04/22

Pros

Easiest way to manage passwords across the team! I like that there is a single passphrase to view passwords for better security. The chrome extension is great and easy to keep all your passwords organized into folders.

Cons

I've very occasionally had the chrome extension not load and had to de-activate/activate it to get it to work.

Kristen Z.
Industry: Internet

Really helpful for teams

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Pros

It keeps passwords secure and shareable with team members and clients and it's search is easy to use.

Cons

That there is not a simple way to replicate a shared password.

Use everyday

Reviewed on 2018/11/01

Love it. Have used Zoho Products for a while now :)

Pros

I love how it makes it simple to keep the same vault on multiple devices

Cons

For sites where you use multiple accounts , it can get messy in the vault. Maybe this is a fault of my own though

Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

The best way to manage your password

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Pros

it's really easy to manage passwords with Vault, you can grant and remove access easily

Cons

sometimes the web interface is not clear enough

Adi D.

Nice product

Reviewed on 2017/03/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Nice and easy to use with great value for money. We are trying to look for similar app but always comeback to this app.

Pros

It's not expensive like the other apps

Cons

Maybe take a little times for a new beginner to use this

Lyndon M.
Industry: Accounting

Zoho Vault is good for teams

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/12/05

It is has been helpful in organising passwords in one central place

Pros

The vault helps you keep all department passwords like for tax, bank to be shared to team members

Cons

In Zoho vault once you forget the password there is no way you can retrieve it

Carleen K.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great for people who always forget passwords

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

It just saves time because looking for passwords or having to constantly reset them when you forgot is not very efficient.

Pros

I like the fact that it's a secure way to manage passwords across the organization and you only have to remember one, not 30.

Cons

Can't say I have any issues. My old company put all our passwords on a Google drive sheet that anyone could access.