Calendly

(1 767)

Brent K.

Simple and full featured

Reviewed on 2021/12/03

Pros

Easy to setup overall time availability, then synchronization with Office 365 & personal outlook calendar makes getting to an appointment easy & quick.

Extra powerful is the ability to have team appointments - great for booking an appointment with an external party with multiple team members.

Cons

I wish this field were optional as there isn't much to not like.

Microsoft Bookings

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

Ability to easily have bookings that required more than one team member Ease of setup
Ashley G.

Caleb fly Review

Reviewed on 2022/01/13

It’s been fantastic! I have already recommended it to other people who are in my line of work. I used to just do my scheduling manually and it was inefficient and time consuming. As well as, I often times made mistakes when it came to scheduling in different time zones.

Pros

I am in Sales and how a whole region in multiple different time zones. I find it incredibly helpful to be able to select the time zone and it automatically populates time slots available for their zone. I can’t even begin to tell you how helpful this is. It’s far better to have that automatically calculated than me trying to figure out the time zone differences.

Cons

I honestly have nothing to add. There is nothing that I dislike about this software.

Jim C.
  • Industry: Insurance

issues with using calendly

Reviewed on 2022/01/11

Pros

ease to you software for setting up a scheduled appt.

Cons

I have had problems when confirming the appt. there is an extra step that you need to confirm that is not obvious. one time I did not confirm and the appt. was not set.

Mellen D.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Calendly: Work it on time

Reviewed on 2021/11/02

Calendly is one of the most powerful scheduling software out there. It helps me to be mindful of my tasks, meetings, and appointments. It also notifies me about attendees' schedules. Such great help!

Pros

What I really like about Calendly is its ability to notify all participants, whenever attendees reschedule it or can't come.

Cons

I don't have anything against this app. Calendly is the best.

Carla anne C.

Does exactly what I need

Reviewed on 2022/01/11

It's the best I've found so far!

Pros

I love the integrations, the reminders, and the ease of booking regardless of time zone. I also really love the one-off meetings where I can give people time options to choose from.

Cons

I don't like that my clients cannot log in and see a list of all their appointments booked. That is clumsy and time-consuming for me.

It’s expensive, but has a great value

Reviewed on 2021/12/15

Calendly helped us to schedule meetings with clients and partners.

Pros

I like the UI and the UX of calendly, and the fact that they positioned themselves as a second name to the category.

Cons

The price. I believe it is way over priced for its value.

Cc C.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Best Calendar Software

Reviewed on 2021/11/30

My experience with Calendly has been excellent. It's intuitive and I've never had to reach out to get support involved.

Pros

I've used other online calendars, but none of them come close to Calendly's integration and customization capabilities. The price is great, too!

Cons

I love everything about this software, which is why I recommend it to others.

Diane J.
  • Industry: Insurance

Professional Scheduling

Reviewed on 2021/12/21

I use it so my clients and prospective clients can schedule an online presentation for their Insurance Options. I do education appointments too. It makes it so easy to see everything on a calendar. So if a person needs to cancel they can. Saves time!

Pros

I love the fact that my clients can Schedule appointments with available time slots and if they need to cancel they can also do that. It makes life much easier on both sides. Very Professional platform

Cons

I am using it daily and have not really found any CONS to the software.

Acuity Scheduling

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

Calendly offered the best options for me. It is very straightforward and gives my company what we really need. Its very simple to use

Easy to adopt and perfect for scheduling

Reviewed on 2021/12/09

Pros

Calendly onboarding is simple and easy to adopt. We were able to get calendars up and running within 30 minutes of deciding to switch to Calendly.

Cons

While the initial implementation is super easy, it takes some time getting used to when you're trying to set up multiple calendars and teams. It would be helpful to have an implementation call or more support documentation to ensure we're getting the most out of Calendly.

Fabrice I.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Review Calendly

Reviewed on 2022/01/13

Overall this software is well thought out a real personal assistant. It saves time since I started using it and I am more organized.

Pros

Here are some of the benefits of Calendly:
The best advantage of Calendly is that it allows you to set schedules for all kinds of types of events. You can allocate available hours, blackout dates, automatically add buffering, limit the number of calendar events in a day, and more.
Perfect for scheduling live demonstrations for training events, clients and webinars.
There is a free version.

Cons

Its disadvantages despite the fact that the software is already very good, it will be to add more options for planning

If you’re not already using Calendly, start.

Reviewed on 2021/02/12

Overall adding Calendly has been a massive help in the efficiently and seamlesssness of our team to get meetings or calls scheduled super easily. It really is such a no-brainer type platform, I can only imagine how much time people who aren’t using it waste in everyday.

Pros

Calendly solves so many challenges, for me, my team, and even for our prospects and clients too. The back and forth of looking at calendars, sending days/times of availability, having time zones misinterpreted, the times sent have since been filled, etc etc etc are no more. This is a HUGE time and headache saver!! Not to mention, they’ve added so many incredible integrations that anytime our clients have semi customized needs around scheduling, Calendly is always the first place we check for a solution - and 9 times out of 10 it’s a perfect fit, for a fraction of the cost of custom developing something.

Cons

It’s so hard to put a finger on anything I would improve. Ive been using Calendly for years and didn’t realize how robust some of the integrations were and have become, so maybe some additional education around those would be super beneficial to users like me who didn’t even know how much more they were missing out on.

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

Price, ease of use, robust integrations, simple clean UI, great customer support
Chris C.

The perfect tool for solving the scheduling back and forth

Reviewed on 2020/02/21

I love it. I use it every day. I tell everyone I know to use it. It solves the biggest problem.

There are a few AI-powered exec assistant tools, but... why bother? That still forces the other person to do the multi-email "what times work?" "oh not for me, how about these" "okay, where do you want to meet" dance. This is a single email.

Pros

Calendly does exactly what you need it to do: it takes scheduling a meeting with someone down from a 6 or 7 email affair to a 1 or 0 email affair. This is transformative. I can simply send my lunch URL to someone and let THEM book a date that I can guarantee is up-to-the-minute accurate, ask the questions I want to ask (where should we eat?), and gather additional contact information, all without the risk of it getting lost in the shuffle.

I did 135 networking lunches last year, entirely powered by Calendly. It's brilliant, because it ends in the result we all need: a mutual calendar invite that we both agree works for us.

Add things like buffer times, clever event types, and linking up with my contacts with Zapier and man is this the easiest $8/mo I could ever spend.

Cons

Nothing. It's basically perfect.

I wish that, when using someone _else's_ Calendly to book, it'd look at my schedule and black out bad dates, but that's a nit to pick. I'd also like it to auto-advance to the next available window if there are no more dates on the initial screen.

Stefani B.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Prepare to get time back!

Reviewed on 2019/10/02

I was able to get back likely a few hours a day and headaches while working as a recruiter. Now running my own company I am able to send this off to candidates and clients to book in time to speak with me.

Pros

I absolutely love this product and have been using it for over 3 years. I introduced it at my last corporate workplace and switched all recruiters over to using this product instead of calling and booking in candidates for interviews - we simply sent over a link and they plugged time into our calendars! The functionality and emails you can send to the people using your link are also super helpful.

Cons

They introduced a fee to pay, I always have stuck to the free version which has been great for me. I wish you were able to book in multiple time durations and not have it split up, also I wish that you could integrate it with more platforms such as Wordpress.

Boomerang for Gmail

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

Boomerang only offers so many free emails to be sent per month, causing you to switch over to the paid Boomerang. I did not find this useful as Calendly allows for it to be free no matter how many emails you're sending just as long as you are using one time frame.
Caleb B.

Powerful scheduling functions for sales team demos

Reviewed on 2018/11/15

If you schedule live events with clients on a regular basis, Calendly provides a clean interface to easily show others your available time slots and allow them to schedule an event. This has proved invaluable for our sales team to do live demos with prospects and not get too many scheduled at once. It also has allowed us to not schedule demos back to back without buffer time in between. That's huge!

Pros

TheThe best thing about Calendly is the ability to set schedules for specific event types! You can set blackout dates, available times, control meeting lengths, automatically add buffer time, limit the number of events scheduled for a single day, and more. This is perfect for setting up live events or meetings on an ongoing basis, but giving yourself enough heads up and flexibility to be in control. You basically give prospective customer the freedom to choose a date and time--but ensure that it fits in your schedule, too. Use this to schedule live demos with clients, training events, or even webinars. It's a great tool, especially for small sales teams that need a controlled flow of sales calls/demos.

Cons

Calendly is restrictive in analytics; for instance, I can't easily see how many people clicked to schedule an event, but didn't follow through. It's also difficult from a user interface standpoint. I find myself looking for settings and menus that are hidden within the slick, clean interface. On the scheduling side, it's pretty easy for clients to schedule events, but you can't customize the date picker--and that's really unfortunate, because I'd like to use it in more places but can't customize the look and feel or functionality.

Todd B.

Removes the need to ask 'When is good to meet?' in a remote company

Reviewed on 2016/10/03

We've been using Calendly for a little over 6 months at my company. This app makes finding times to meet with colleagues an absolute breeze. Working at a remote company with 90+ people, and specifically on a team of about 20, searching for available time slots in Google Calendar can be VERY time-consuming and challenging. With Calendly you are instantly shown the times available for the person you'd like to meet with. You can choose a time, and instantly add it to your Google Calendar. It sends them a reminder to their calendar as well.

Pros

Scheduling meetings is easy, and I don't ever have to rely on coordinating crazy google calendars with people. If you are setting it up for yourself to have people schedule meetings with you, it's easy to block out times that you are available or unavailable. It's also really great if you work with teams across different time zones as it takes your timezone into account when scheduling times with person/or vice versa, overall it's just one less thing to worry about.

Another super handy feature is the ability to request certain information from the person booking time with you. This makes it easy to request an agenda about the meeting or to perhaps ask a series of questions for recurring meetings with people.

Cons

The only problem I've had is mostly user error. As the one requesting a meeting, I wish there was an easier way to add calendar events to your calendar. I have on a few occasions forgot to add the scheduled time to my calendar (the option is there, I've just missed it a few times) would be awesome if it was automagically added some way to your Google Cal. :)

David T.

Fast, easy client scheduling

Reviewed on 2018/01/09

Almost too numerous to list. I even use it to schedule meetings with producers about projects, not just my counseling clients. Custom links, buffering and limit to events per day. Its awesome!

Pros

Is it so easy for my occasional clients to set up video conference calls or one-on-one counseling calls, or group meetings with my company and our various producers spread between Tx and Ca.

One link, and it sends the appointment to my email AND Google calendar, and has a feature that allows the client to reschedule if needed. Another huge plus is the buffering. I can allow for meetings and calls that run extra long. This is very flexible and I can change it on a daily basis.

Set up is fast and easy, you can have multiple events that can be scheduled.

And that's the free account. If you upgrade, you can integrate with many apps and even book paid appointments through the system (Stripe only, tho).

Cloud based, so you don't have to download (yet another) android app. That's a big plus for me, as I do 95% of my work in a browser on a PC.

I have yet to need to contact their customer support, so I gave then 5 stars there, as I find it easy to use.

Cost to use is quite low, compared to other scheduling websites.

Cons

One big issue I have is, I use Opera as my main browser and it dislikes Google. So to use Calendy you need to use Chrome or Firefox to set things up and access all the features.

This is more of a Google issue, not Calendy.

In the paid appointment extra, they only take "Stripe" - if they ever add Square then it'll be well rounded out.

Payment for the level you want is on an annual basis, not month-to-month, so I consider that a negative.

Ron elius S.

One of the most flexible Scheduling Software in the market

Reviewed on 2018/07/31

I love the simple UI and UX of this Software.

Pros

I really love how flexible Calendly has to offer, if you need a one-on-one Schedule, Calendly can give you that.
If you have a Team and you need them to schedule a meeting with your Prospects, Calendly has your Team.
If you need one member of your Team to schedule a separate meeting with your other member, Calendly will help you do that.
The integrations are also great, you can integrate Calendly with other meeting software like Zoom for a discovery call, GoToMeeting for Webinars, or even monetize discovery calls with their integration for PayPal or Stripe. Calendly will have those integrated easily.
I cannot stress enough how Calendly can customize your experience if you love certain Branding to be removed or to add, Calendly can do it for you.
There's so much to say but one thing stood out for me, the Timezone is already integrated with the Timezone of your Prospects, meaning, no more late, no-show meetings.

Cons

As much as I love Calendly, there are certain features that I don't like, well, every Software isn't perfect and we do have different take and opinion.
The Availability function to your Calendar, this is for me is confusing, you need to highlight first the day you want to be available until the date of your availability. I just wish Calendly can have a feature where you can just input a certain Date up until your Availability, more like a drop-down menu.
But that's just me, I still love how easy to use this software.

Yann I.
  • Industry: Online Media

An excellent scheduling tool for someone looking for a straightforward solution

Reviewed on 2021/05/14

Pros

Calendly was the very first scheduling tool I started using, and I primarily have used it to schedule podcast interviews and consulting calls.

I really like its straightforward approach: Calendly might not have all the "bells and whistles" other scheduling tools have but it focuses on the key things needed to schedule different types of meetings, calls and interviews.

In addition to its easy-to-use user interface, Calendly comes with a wide selection of integrations, which enable you to use the scheduler in combination with the likes of Zoom, Microsoft Teams, PayPal, Stripe, and many other platforms through Zapier.

Cons

Calendly's main focus is scheduling meetings, so if you're looking for a solution that provides you with a lot of options when it comes to selling coaching and consulting packages, as well as digital products and services, you might find what Calendly brings to the table a bit limiting.

I think that being able to schedule all kinds of events and calls, and sell different things (it's possible to get paid with Calendly through PayPal and Stripe but here I'm referring to something a little more advanced), would make Calendly an even more powerful platform.

Lindsay V.
  • Industry: Media Production

Major Time Saver!

Reviewed on 2018/08/28

Each person in our company has a unique calendly link included under their email signature and available to share with clients as the need for a meeting arises. We save TONS of time using calendly and no longer waste time checking calendars, adjusting time zones, emailing back and forth, receiving responses after the proposed dates have passed, worrying we might double book, asking for phone numbers or addresses, etc. When a client schedules through calendly, the event apprears in Gmail with the location included and links to cancel or reschedule if needed. Everything we need "magically appears" without us having to lift a finger. Great asset to our work life and productivity!

Pros

I can share my calendly link with clients and contractors and they can easily schedule a meeting on my calendar without me having to be involved. It is user friendly for them and seamless for me. It requires no attention or maintenance on my part. You can connect calendly to your current calendar so that your availability automatically syncs as you make changes to your day. And this platform is highly workable for all of my needs without having to use a paid version! There are tons of customizations you can set, such as a buffer time to allow for travel between meetings, automatically blocking off or allowing specific times for each day of the week, disallowing bookings within __ hours, etc.

Cons

The ability to figure how exactly where and how to adjust all of the setup preferences is a little quirky. Some of the settings are "hidden" as sub-sections under other preference pages. I took a good bit of time setting and navigating through all of the customization options, but now that those are set, I don't have to think about or touch anything to keep Calendly working for me. With the free version, you can only have 1 meeting time for clients to choose from (for example, using my link, clients only have the option to schedule a 45 minute meeting with me). This is actually preferable to me though, as I don't want my clients to have to make more choices or spend more time in Calendly than needed. Using the free version keeps things simple.

Cate M.

Impresses clients and saves time multiple times a day

Reviewed on 2021/01/08

As previously mentioned, Calendly has allowed our organization to reduce email back and forths with clients. Furthermore, it allow you to give a client access to someone else's calendar through a link. The joint meeting scheduling is phenomenal and provides even more breadth to the tool.

Pros

The ability to customize meeting names, meeting times, and send unique links to clients is so helpful. Additionally, I truly appreciate the ability to integrate with Zoom and create buffer times between meetings. Without Calendly, scheduling meetings with clients would be extremely cumbersome and I'm confident we would lose at least 25% of our current bookings.

Cons

I would like the ability to have a signup as part of the software. At this point, I don't believe that someone can register for a standing weekly meeting.

Acuity Scheduling

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

User friendliness, user interface, ease of team access.
Chris C.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Eliminates the headache of scheduling

Reviewed on 2020/12/16

I've used Calendly for a few years with a few different teams, and several of my colleagues have even adopted it after hearing how much it's helped me.

Pros

I utilize Calendly in all of my email correspondence and it is a lifesaver! I frequently get comments of appreciation for how easy it makes it to find time to connect and cuts out the needless back and forth on email. It runs seamlessly in the background and I don't even have to think about it!

Cons

I wish there was more functionality in the free version, but upgrading to a premium subscription won't break the bank and is well worth it for the added efficiency.

YouCanBook.me

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

Both platforms were similar in both features and pricing. I tried Calendly first and didn't see a reason to explore other options because it worked so well!
Piotr B.

Why nobody figured it out quicker?! It's a great tool for arranging meetings.

Reviewed on 2018/07/27

I honestly recommend Calendly to anyone who meets with external parties. This is one of those small things, that you had no idea existed, but once you start using it you never want to go back. It really can save you a lot of time and facilitate arranging meetings.

Pros

When I first learned about Calendly I was sceptical a bit, as I did not know what to expect. Also, I doubted I need another application for a calendar. I had Outlook, didn't I? Well it turns out, that when you need to arrange meetings with people external to your company, it can be a bit tedious processes, especially, when doing so over email.

Once I had a need indeed to arrange for a meeting but did not want to play the email ping-pong to find the right time. I then created a free Calendly account. You know what? I loved it. It's really easy to register and set up. Arranging a meeting is really simple with this tool. You just set up your availability in a clever way, even when you work in shift patterns you can set different availability on different days.

So how does it work? You tell the app what time you are available on what days, you link your calendar and predefine time slots, e.g. 15, 30, 60 minute slots. You share your Calendly link to the party you want to meet with and they can book a slot in your calendar, of course considering events that are already there. Your events are not visible, only time slots are visible. Very simple, yet extremely effective. You don't have to exchange emails to find the right time to meet.

Cons

There aren't many downsides, the main downside for me is that the free account allows you to only predefine one time slot, e.g. 30 minute. This means, that when somebody wants to meet with you, they will only have a chance to save a 30 minute window in your calendar. If you want more options, you have to pay 8 bucks a month or 12 for the pro version. There are many extra options, but if you want something extra, you have to pay extra. Free of charge version is very good, especially when you meet externally only occasionally. For me the free version is just fine. I definitely recommend Calendly to anyone who meets with clients and other external parties. You can always get the free version and decide later whether or not to upgrade.

Danielle A.

Great Scheduling Tool for Recruitiers!

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

Calendly has been a wonderful tool that we added to help cut the time spent scheduling phone interviews and remove the manual work involved with scheduling. With the amount of interviews we do on a weekly basis we needed some sort of tool where we could remove the unnecessarily exchange of e-mails to navigate schedules and agree on available times to chat. Calendly has done a great job in meeting our needs at an extremely affordable cost!

Pros

Removes the manual work and communication it takes to schedule a meeting. Dramatically reduces the time it takes to schedule. Scheduling is immediate vs. having to wait to hear back on confirmation. Allows you to collect some basic info such as correct phone number to call so that everyone knows how to proceed. Connects seamlessly with our ATS Greenhouse. Auto populates calendar invite directly to my outlook calendar.

Cons

Would love to see a better re-schedule feature from the Account side. As is, if you the account manager and someone has scheduled a meeting through your link - they have they option to re-schedule based on your open availability. However, the account manager only can re-schedule for a time he/she selects with no ability to give the person who originally scheduled the meeting a choice of new meeting date/time. Would love to be able to see re-scheduling options that could be sent from the account asking the person to select a new time from list of current/future availability.

Nicolas C.

Calendly makes meeting scheduling painless.

Reviewed on 2018/01/12

Before calendly I remember that there usually was more than 4 emails going back and forth just trying to find a feasible option for the parties involved. Today I just give them a link and they pick whatever available spot they find in my calendar which works best for them, so they make their own choices. That results in a lot of less no-shows.

Additionally when people want to have a conversation with me and someone else from my company, instead of going back-and-forth in emails trying to figure out options for 3 people, I can just send them a link with a merged calendar showing them only the options that work for me and my co-worker.

Pros

Calendly makes it really easy to set up meetings. I no longer have to figure out via email or phone with a client what's the best time to meet. They just simply go to my calendar and pick the best available option. It saves a ton of time.

You can customize your availability however you want. It is absolutely flexible on that and it is time-zone smart. I usually talk to people sitting in every continent. It makes it easy for them to translate the options into their timezones.

Additionally, calendly is fully integrated with my calendar apps. Both iCal and Google calendar work perfectly with it. For example, it automaticaly blocks the spots when you create events from other platforms.

Cons

Calendly is really good and is really easy to use. I don't dislike anything to be honest. Maybe the UX of the dashboard can be improved, but it is not a deal breaker.

James S.

Simple tool that does exactly what it's supposed to do and does it very well

Reviewed on 2021/12/07

No more back and forth with colleagues or clients trying to find a time that works well for everyone. Also, II use Calendly to allow prospective clients to book calls directly with our team. Super convenient!

Pros

I like that Calendly does what it's designed to do exceptionally well and doesn't try to do much more. It's super simple, easy to use, and inexpensive. It always works, and it saves me a bunch of time and back and forth.

Cons

Honestly nothing that I can think of. Calendly just works super well. It also integrates super easily with just about any other tool out there via Zapier or direct integration, so I couldn't want much more.

ScheduleOnce