Calendly

4.7/5
4.4/5

Cushi
Cushi

Looking for a way for your clients to book with you online? Look no further!

Reviewed on 2022/03/08

Calendly has given me the ability to let my clients book time with me in an easy, effective, efficient and streamlined way - I know I've said this over and over again, that' because it's true! In 2022, there's nothing better than trying an new product that works EXACTLY as it's advertised to work while also providing much more features than you thought were possible/knew you needed. Calendly has helped me to streamline my workflow through creating an easy booking process that requires almost no effort from me. Set it and forget it.

Pros

I love the simplicity of Calendly both on the front end and the back end. My clients can book through a Calendly link that takes them to a professional looking booking page where only my available times can be selected while my personal information (calendar appointments and such) is kept private. On the back end, it is easy to create various kinds of events and include in them features such as booking questions, FAQs and various other information and options.

Cons

I have yet to find anything about calendly that i don't like. One place they can improve is to allow clients to book recurring events without having to answer the scheduling questions for each booking.

Reasons for Choosing Calendly

I'm actually currently weighing the benefits of both in order to make a final decision. I was told to try Calendly as a part of a collaborative project that I'm participating in. I enjoy using both softwares, but Calendly seems to have more features and seems to be more intuitive and easy to use because of that. That said, I still love Koalendar.

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

Essentially the main reason is because the project I'm working on is not my own, that said, Calendly offers similar features to both, but in a more streamlined, easy to use way. Even though I use Wix as my website builder, I prefer calendly as my booking software.
Maurice M
Maurice M

My Go-To for Scheduling

Reviewed on 2022/05/12

When I first selected calendly, I was using doodle, and someone recommended this as a better app to schedule meetings. I was surely in for a surprise. This app is efficient, customisable enough, and just does the job right.

Since starting, I now have an automatic response when someone mentions wanting to meet up - I identify the correct calendly link to send.

"The right link" actually means something here. I have a few appointment types:
- Zoom meeting
- In person meeting
- Paid consultation
- Recreational meetup

Sometimes, I meet an old friend, and it's so much easier to have them select a time and suggest it, but calendly automates it, because now I can set parameters and they can schedule that hang-out at a mutually convenient time.

It requires some discipline, because you will need to put your engagements onto the calendar (I've had double bookings because I didn't put my plans into my calendar before) but now I understand the benefit, it works perfectly.

Pros

My favourite part of calendly is the ability to set a variety of appointment types, and even include paid appointments which all integrate directly into my calendar

Cons

I'm not sure there is a con here. I wanted group scheduling for meetings, and now they have it - even though I haven't used it as yet.

Sam

Great tool for appointment

Reviewed on 2024/05/02

Pros

Use it almost every day. Very easy to use and set up multiple calendars with its unique link.

Cons

Don't have a lot of cons, not a big fan of their google integration.

Response from Calendly

Hi Sam, thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear that Calendly's streamlining scheduling and helping you manage your time more effectively.

Amir
Amir

Bad technical support team - made us lose money AND now asked fro upgrade

Reviewed on 2019/07/12

I was fairly happy with Calendly, even though it was more expensive than its competitors. It looks great on mobile and pretty simple to set up. However, we had a very unique situation with our booking and I reached out to their team about it and explained it all. Of course, since I was not a paying member, all the answers were "yes you can" ... and they even showed me how to do it. I thought all was working, until a few months down the road, I found that actually, we have been losing booking (paid) potentials all along because of some conflicting issues their team forgot to mention (or just made a mistake in their advice).

I reached out and their solution was for us to PAY MORE for another user account. They even owned up to making the mistake of giving bad advice. I offered them a compromise and they stayed with their position I need to pay for a whole extra account. Now we are stuck with them.

Pros

Looks great on mobile. Easy to use. Allows capture of utm_source

Cons

At the time I signed up, there was really nothing stopping me... until I found out their support team led me to paying 2x than I should be.

Duvan

Time management with Calendly

Reviewed on 2024/03/06

My experience has been excellent, it helps me better manage my time and that of my colleagues and its ease of synchronizing with other calendar apps helps me have a good overview of all the information I have scheduled.

Pros

Scheduled time management and managing appointments with colleagues is the best thing about this app, it allows you to control your time, being more productive and avoiding unnecessary reprocessing.

Cons

The limitations of the free version will always be annoying and the dependence on the internet connection can work against you at certain times

Response from Calendly

Hey there and thanks for your review!👋️

It's great to hear that Calendly is solving scheduling problems for you by providing a scheduling link and an interface for others to easily book meetings with you.

Kristine Joy
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

This app is amazing and worth it!

Reviewed on 2024/04/27

I appreciate this app. It helps me a lot in managing meetings and even family events. I am notified even on my phone.

Pros

You can easily schedule your appointments and it also notifies each of the participants. It will notify you ahead of time so you can be aware of the time. It also has features which you can choose if you're joining the meeting, virtually or not.

Cons

None so far, this app is amazing! It is worth trying.

Response from Calendly

Hi Kristine, we're glad to hear that Calendly's features are helping you manage your time better and integrate with other systems. Thank you for sharing your positive experience!

Garrett

Not the best, not the worst.

Reviewed on 2024/05/03

It’s been a positive experience overall but I think it could have been better.

It’s been a positive experience overall but I think it could have been better.

Pros

I really like how easily you can get it set up and ready to go. I also like how simple it is for people to use.

Cons

I think there isn’t much offered in the free version and I’m not a big fan of the paid things that they offer.

Response from Calendly

Hey there and thanks for your review!👋️

We're thrilled to hear that Calendly has been valuable for scheduling calls with research participants. Your feedback about the free plan is important to us, and we'll consider it for future enhancements. If you'd like to chat with us, reach out to [email protected]. Thank you for your feedback!

Harsh

Super Useful

Reviewed on 2024/05/21

Pros

I have been using Calendly for over 3 years now. It is reliable and very user friendly.

Cons

I would like to set up more than one meeting at a time

Response from Calendly

Hi there, we're glad to hear that Calendly's features are helping you manage your time better and integrate with other systems. Thank you for sharing your positive experience!

Calendly - Easy to use scheduler

Reviewed on 2024/04/30

Pros

The simplicity and clean formatting of information when trying to schedule is great.

Cons

Occasionally scheduled time slots will not send verification via email that the appointment was set, causing confusion.

Response from Calendly

Hey there and thanks for your review!👋️

We're happy to hear that Calendly's streamlining scheduling and helping you manage your time more effectively. Thanks for your feedback on the scheduling time slots not sending confirmation emails. If you see this happening, please reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to take a look and ensure everything gets working properly again. We appreciate you as a Calendly user!

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Amazing App!!!

Reviewed on 2024/05/07

Pros

It is so reliable and consistent to use and I would definitely recommend it

Cons

It is not good with software but otherwise it is very easy and accessible to use

Response from Calendly

Hey there and thanks for your review!👋️

Thank you for your positive feedback! We're thrilled to hear that Calendly has been reliable and consistent for you to use. We understand your suggestion about having integrating more easily with software and we'll keep it in mind as we continue to enhance our platform. We appreciate your support!

Chris
Chris

The perfect tool for solving the scheduling back and forth

Reviewed on 2020/02/21

I love it. I use it every day. I tell everyone I know to use it. It solves the biggest problem.

The...

There are a few AI-powered exec assistant tools, but... why bother? That still forces the other person to do the multi-email "what times work?" "oh not for me, how about these" "okay, where do you want to meet" dance. This is a single email.

Pros

Calendly does exactly what you need it to do: it takes scheduling a meeting with someone down from a 6 or 7 email affair to a 1 or 0 email affair. This is transformative. I can simply send my lunch URL to someone and let THEM book a date that I can guarantee is up-to-the-minute accurate, ask the questions I want to ask (where should we eat?), and gather additional contact information, all without the risk of it getting lost in the shuffle.

I did 135 networking lunches last year, entirely powered by Calendly. It's brilliant, because it ends in the result we all need: a mutual calendar invite that we both agree works for us.

Add things like buffer times, clever event types, and linking up with my contacts with Zapier and man is this the easiest $8/mo I could ever spend.

Cons

Nothing. It's basically perfect.

I wish that, when using someone _else's_ Calendly to book, it'd look at my schedule and black out bad dates, but that's a nit to pick. I'd also like it to auto-advance to the next available window if there are no more dates on the initial screen.

Emily
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Calendly Review

Reviewed on 2022/10/13

Switching to Calendly was necessary for our business. Acuity was missing some key features that we needed to have and they weren't clear/couldn't say when improvements would be made. Pleased with Calendly overall. Its native integrations are really helpful as they work with our CRM and have an extension for Google Chrome, which makes grabbing scheduling links quick and super easy.

Pros

The best thing about Calendly is that it natively integrates with third-party calendars. That is the main reason why we switched to Calendly and it has increased the number of leads and clients showing up to meetings.

Cons

There are some key features we lost when switching from Acuity to Calendly. One of the main ones being the ease of use on the backend. As an admin on Acuity I was able to override and double book, but Calendly doesn't allow that. I don't think the admin settings are fully developed as they should at this point in time. Also, everything has to be canceled on the backend or else when a person declines a meeting in Google Calendar they will still get reminders if it hasn't been manually canceled through Calendly.

Lydiah
  • Industry: Higher Education

Calendly is the Sherrif of Convinience

Reviewed on 2023/10/16

On overall I have enjoyed every bit of Calendly. But majorly just how simplistic it is for use. Also it is convenient and valuable for scheduling each and every engagements

Pros

Calendly is definitely the new Sherrif in town. I appreciate that it has a free plan which at the beginning came through for me. The free plan is also quite robust in terms of features and can also upgrade for more powerful features. It was also easy to deploy and adopt in my daily activities because I can access it on my mobile phone or even through the browser . In addition it syncs seamlessly with most common workspace tools but most especially the Google Calendar so that everything ends up centrally and scheduling is much succesful. I have found the round robin feature quite essential which label with priority per assigned members of the SONU ( the student organization). Creation of scheduling links and sharing it with others in just a click plus the customizable notification reminders has made collaboration mesmerizing

Cons

Honestly it's quite a straightforward tool that meet every departments scheduling needs. Also kudos to the technical team that guide you on each step of the way from deployment through the entire experience with Calendly leaving absolutely nothing to challenge any user of Calendly.

Heather
Heather

Calendly rocks

Reviewed on 2022/10/14

So far, so great!

So far, so great!

Pros

Most appointment schedule tools offer similar features, but Calendly's prices are much sweeter. Perhaps other software offers more bells and whistles, but I wouldn't know because Calendly does all I need it to do for about 1/3rd the price

Cons

I'm not sure yet. I wish I could have all the different type of offerings on one schedule. Right now if I offer appointments at one site they have to be in a separate calendar from another site because I need to make sure I'm physically present at the site and set the calendar up for those dates only.

Reasons for Choosing Calendly

It was included in my 365 subscription so that was great but there is no support and literally it just stopped working.

Microsoft Planner and Microsoft 365

Pricing for the features
Melissa
Melissa

Easy to schedule remote interviews and meetings quickly

Reviewed on 2023/08/07

Due to how widespread and expected this service is in the professional communities I frequent, I was forced to implement a fallback mechanism. In addition to reinforcing your authority, scheduling a time to talk over email saves valuable time and effort. Plus, clients can schedule appointments when it's most convenient for them, instead of waiting for us to be available to talk on the phone or exchange emails.

Pros

The ability to schedule and receive advance notice of interview times is a huge plus. My interviews can't be missed. Providing a centralized location for organizing interview meetings that is fully integrated with my calendar on Google.

Cons

There are a ton of options I could have selected at the outset had I wanted to, but I probably won't use any of them. There was a moment of confusion before I was able to gather the resources I required to get began.

Jonathan
Jonathan
  • Industry: Design

it is good but grown too expensive and not really become much better

Reviewed on 2023/11/12

There is nothing really I am likely to fault about it, it is a decent tool, and the biggest thing about it when working with it is it has reached a level that other people are familiar with and trust it. I would have no problem using it and great when you show up somewhere and they are already using tools you do not need to relearn. But in reality, this is a scheduling tool, not piloting a Boeing 737. I do not think it is that hard to turn away from it, and I think there are cheaper things that do the same or do more.

Pros

It is easy to use and does pretty much all the basic stuff you would want, and it does that well.

Cons

Really it is the pricing and the fact it really seems to just be focussed (maybe for good reason) on the basics and does not seem to do much more than just the basic booking process. Sure, for the most, that is all you want and there is no need to add additional complexity, but then I do feel a bit disappointed I am paying as if it should have more on offer.

imeetify

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

I use Calendly now mainly where a place I am working with requires me too, but for consulting practices, personal planning, etc. I largely use imeetify. It is cheaper and has more functionality, but has a worse interface. However, at the level Calendly has established itself, I do not see myself in a situation where I will be leaving Calendly behind just yet.
AMB Chidiebere Moses
AMB Chidiebere Moses
  • Industry: Media Production

Very Productive and Simple

Reviewed on 2023/05/22

Calendly has been very convenient and efficient for scheduling interviews, meetings, and in-house discussions. It has easy integration with various calendar applications, simplifies the process of setting up meetings and appointments, and helps streamline scheduling workflows. Although the user-friendly interface has limited room for exploration, the automated reminders keep me alert and I never missed a meeting. This has made Calendly my go-to app for team and client meeting scheduling platform.

Pros

Easy schedulingTime zone conversionCustomizable availabilityIntegration with calendarsMultiple event types, andAutomated reminders

Cons

Limitations of Customization featuresVery limited/No Customer support Basic user-interface More dependent on external calendars

Google Meet

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

Calendly was handy and has more community acceptance and users. Actually, the kind of marketing that was used to sell Calendly is more appealing to us than the others. Calendly offers basic solutions, in an effective way, making life simpler. Google Meet is fine but does not come to mind quickly when I think of scheduling a client meeting as Calendly does.
Sarah
Sarah

Extremely productive, thanks to the excellent synchronizations

Reviewed on 2022/05/30

Calendly served its purpose well. A few years ago, I started using it again. However, the product didn't actually change during that time. The market was flooded with new items that performed the same functions, but at a lower cost and with superior features. It's a bit of a one-trick ponies in that regard.

Pros

It's a breeze to ensure that my clients can easily plan appointments with me. Calendly is how I schedule all of my interviews and appointments. It eliminates the guessing and the need for further communication, making everything simple and straightforward.

Cons

The program wasn't constantly updated by developers. It hasn't changed all that much throughout the years. In addition, the system's handling of meeting kinds was somewhat cumbersome.

Kayla

An essential tool for global teams

Reviewed on 2023/12/19

10/10. Calendly has saved me countless hours, money, and mistakes in my business!

Pros

Calendly helps me effortlessly schedule with clients around the globe without having to manually schedule meetings. This saves me time and money, and gives me the peace of mind that I will never make mistakes with time zones, especially during daylight savings!

Cons

I would love it if Calendly developed the function in the future for someone to book one recurring meeting out of an option of many meeting times, and then not be able to book again for another meeting. This would be ideal for setting up group coaching programs and allowing coachees to pick the time that works best for them, without double booking in other groups as well.

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

It felt easiest to use. I'm not a very tech-savvy, so ease of use was essential for me in choosing a tool.
John

Calendly, a simple but effective and easy to use scheduling solution

Reviewed on 2023/09/16

Excellent! After trying a number of other options, they were either too complex, clunky or unreliable and expensive. Calendly has a great balance of the average business owner's needs.

Pros

It's simple and clean for both user and schedulee's

Cons

I would like to see better TWO way integrations. One way integrations are working great but sometimes scheduling happens outside of calendly and it isn't picked up.

Russell
Russell
  • Industry: Accounting

A user friendly, convenient tool.

Reviewed on 2022/05/19

Overall the experience has been positive. I have not really had any issues with the service.

Pros

Scheduling appointments with clients and prospects is much easier without the need to email potential meeting times/places/methods back and forth.

I like that clients can choose whether to call or use one of several video conferencing methods (ie Zoom or Google Meet or MS Teams), all within a single appointment type. Other products I have used do not have this option and require that multiple appointment types be created to allow clients to choose this.

Calendly is ubiquitous enough that many third party vendors integrate with them. It also works well with Zapier for those vendors that do not directly integrate.

Cons

I would prefer not to pay a monthly subscription, but most of their competitors also charge a subscription fee and the ones that don't are less capable, so this is a necessary expense.

I wish it were possible to also choose an in-person meeting from the location options, rather than just between phone or video. I had to create a separate meeting type for in person meetings, leading to redundancy in the appointment listing.

Sasania
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Great Scheduling Software

Reviewed on 2022/09/29

My overall experience has been really great. Calendly saves me time and keeps me organized and as a person who cannot function properly if everything isn't in order, that is really all I can ask for.

Pros

The feature I enjoy on Calendly the most is the calendar sync feature. As a recruiter who has multiple back to back interviews scheduled daily, this helps me to easily keep track of everything as I can simply take a peek on MS Outlook to see if my current appointment is canceled. This makes it so much easier because sometimes I get so busy that I don't even have time to go back to the Calendly webpage to reload to see if anyone cancelled. I find Calendly to be very user friendly as well, it is so very easy to send a link to candidates for them to schedule their own interviews as opposed to calling them individually to get them scheduled, so this helps to save a lot of time! They can simply choose the most convenient time for them and can easily reschedule should something arise, without having to go through you as the recruiter. In addition, I find that candidates do appreciate the built in reminder feature because sometimes they do forget about their interviews and a simple automated email or text message reminder does wonders so they aren't caught offguard when called for the session. I mostly use the "Scheduled events" section on a day-to-day basis, and an added sub-section I really like is 'Past' which shows every single scheduled event you had since your first scheduled appointment- so you can't lose track of your schedule history. I also like that everything is recorded, from the date the interview was scheduled, to when it was rescheduled or cancelled.

Cons

Based on what I do access Calendly for, I really do not have any cons. All the background configurations are basically pre-organized by the company I work for, so I haven't had the chance to experience any cons. Thankfully!

Yan
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Efficient and User-Friendly Scheduling with Calendly

Reviewed on 2023/05/16

My overall experience with Calendly has been incredibly good. It has simplified my scheduling process and saved me countless hours that would have otherwise been spent on back-and-forth emails or phone calls. Calendly's seamless integration with my calendar has ensured that I never double-book myself or miss any important appointments. The ability to set different types of events and customize the availability for each one has been a game-changer for managing my time effectively. Despite a few minor limitations, Calendly has proven to be an invaluable tool for streamlining my scheduling workflow.

Pros

One of the things I liked most about Calendly is its efficiency in simplifying the scheduling process. The user interface is intuitive and easy to navigate, allowing me to set up and customize my availability with just a few clicks. The integration with popular calendar platforms such as Google Calendar and Outlook ensures that all my appointments are seamlessly synchronized. Additionally, the automated reminders and notifications feature has been extremely helpful in reducing no-shows and keeping everyone on track.

Cons

While Calendly is a fantastic scheduling tool overall, there are a couple of areas where it could improve. Firstly, the customization options for the appearance of the scheduling page could be more extensive. It would be great to have more flexibility in terms of branding and design to match my personal or business aesthetic. Secondly, although the free version of Calendly offers a good range of features, some advanced functionalities, such as team collaboration and integration with third-party applications, are only available with the paid plans. It would be nice to have more robust features included in the free version.

Jaclyn
  • Industry: Government Relations

Calendly is One of the Best Scheduling and Booking Management Programs

Reviewed on 2023/09/06

Though I my experience with Calendly has been mainly as someone booking an appointment with another party, I was impressed when I joined Calendly to see how many other features the program has that are also very helpful and useful! However, my favorite feature is still the booking system, as it is easy, quick, and a simple process. Overall, my experience with Calendly has been very positive and I am eager to explore its additional features in the near future.

Pros

Most of my experience with Calendly is as someone sent a link to one's Calendly account in order to book an appointment with them (job interview, client meeting, etc). I love how straightforward the scheduling is; the interface clearly shows what dates that person is available for the rest of the month and for several months in the future. Once you select your date of choice, it lists specific times for that day that you can schedule your time to meet. It allows you to compare time slots on different dates, which is great if your own availability is best for a certain time of day (such as in the evening). The scheduling feature completely removes the annoying back and forth emailing and phone calls and allows you to pick a date and time that works best for both parties in a matter of minutes. Recently I have gained experience as someone who sends my Calendly link to others in order for them to make appointments to meet with me, and I can tailor my booking availability according to my own schedule and calendar prior to sending the link to the person I want to meet with it. Once the person clicks my email link and books an appointment with me, Calendly immediately updates the program to reflect that I have an appointment booked with that particular person on that date and time, and sends me confirmation emails as well. If something comes up on either end and the date and/or time of the meeting needs to be changed, doing so through Calendly allows you to immediately reschedule.

Cons

As someone with somewhat limited experience with Calendly, I don't really have any complaints- I am looking forward to exploring Calendly's many features in the months to come. Thus far I do not have any cons to list.

Arvind Kumar
Arvind Kumar

One of the best collaboration tools!

Reviewed on 2022/11/02

Pros

I got to know about this awesome tool when a consultant from one of the world's top companies sent me a link to his Calendly calendar so that I can book a slot. I liked the feature because I could choose an available slot as if I was making a booking in my Outlook with someone from my organization. However, I did not start using it immediately. A few months later, I joined a project in which there were consultants from four organizations and it became very inconvenient for everyone to book a meeting with people from the other three organizations. It is when one of my colleagues suggested using Calendly and setting up my account with it. I can not thank him enough because after that I started using a link to my Calendly calendar in my Outlook signature. Other people also recognised the power of this excellent collaboration tool and within a week almost everyone on the project started putting their Calendly link in their Outlook signature. This greatly increased the productivity of the project team. Among many good features is a feature to set up multiple calendars (e.g. office and personal).

Cons

Once a new team member, belonging to another organisation, asked for a time slot to book a meeting with me and I gave her with link to my Calendly calendar. It was around 9:30 am and I had a couple of time slots available around noon time e.g. one at 11:30 am and another at 2:30 pm and then the next available slots were at 4:00 pm and 4:30 pm. Since she wanted the meeting as soon as possible, she informed me that my Calendly calendar did not have any time slot available before 4:00 pm and whether I could prioritise meeting with her over some low-priority meeting. It is when I realized that Calendly had hidden my all available slots within 6 hours. Though this is a feature to prevent someone from scheduling a meeting on too short notice, there should be a way to customize it e.g. if I want to decrease this time from 6 hours to 1 hour. I tried finding this customization feature but I could not find it.Maybe the feature is already there and I haven't found a way to use it.