Float Cash Flow

Glen C.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Float

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Float provides crystal clear visibility on our cashflow. Something we had always struggled with in the past.

Pros

Ease of use, clarity of information. Focus.

Cons

Nothing in particular.

Emma M.
  • Industry: Accounting

Great cash flow forecasting tool!

Reviewed on 2019/11/04

Having an online c/f which links to Xero has enabled me to have c/f conversations real-time with clients and run multiple scenarios. It has eliminated the need for excel s/s which in turn has made my time more efficient. It has increased client engagement and provided me with more time for data analysis rather than s/s checking and data entry.

Pros

Option of manual link-up to Xero so forecast can reflect Xero updates immediately.
Ability to run multiple scenarios so clients can see the impact of making different business choices on the cashflow.

Cons

It would be useful to be able do s/s upload of scenario budgets - can currently only do for the main forecast I think.

Sandeep K.

Great tool for simple cash flow management, and even better to get rid of manual Excel...

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

Better cash flow overview, minimizes the need for Excel.

Pros

Float easily integrates with Xero, allows you to easily configure which banks get synced for display purposes, and provides excellent insight into the sources of cash and also where cash is being spent.

The invoices due and bills to pay reports are an easy way to access overdue bills and invoices without clicking through the accounting system.

This is ideal for anyone who wants to get an idea of their cash flow history and projections.

Cons

The product would be infinitely better if it supported multi-currency accounts, especially with more businesses holding more than 1 currency. Currently, details on cash is based on GL accounts. It might be way more usable if it gave us the option to view this from a customer/vendor name perspective, since we plan our cash flow on that basis, rather than by the GL account.

The concept with this program is so excellent, and I am holding out on new features being released that totally eliminate the need for other products (such as Excel) for tracking and projecting cash flow. If Float can make that leap, it'll easily be the #1 cash flow app.

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Simple software with amazing features

Reviewed on 2018/08/28

Pros

I mainly use Float for its forecasting or “what if” scenarios feature. Float is one of the software that offers this feature. It is a feature that most f of our clients looks forward to. Float can also integrate well with QuickBook and Xero, another accounting software my team and I use. The software together is seamless.

Cons

The inability to use more than one type of currency is a difficulty most of the times. But it is all tolerable, given the feature of the software.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

easy to forecast based on your real data in Xero, scenarios allow testing of different events

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

able to see cashflow, which helps with investments and dividends

Pros

The sync with Xero means I don't need to worry about losing transactions, and can quickly compare forecast with actuals.
The scenarios tool enables me to examine whatif for any ledger/ sales or expense.
The weekly email tells you how much cash you have in the business too.

Cons

It's a little fun to setup, but you only have to do that once. Tweeking the budget is easy.
Perhaps an app.

Adam H.

Big time and money saver - Daily cashflow particularly useful

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

We use Float every day and is the best Cash Flow software we tried when evaluating - it gets slow but regular updates and the support team are relatively responsive. It's not cheap but we feel the ROI is completely worth it.

Pros

Works great for short to medium term cashflow management and the integration with both Xero and FreeAgent is good. Easy to use and provides us with very intelligent data.

Cons

Takes a bit of management and doesn't always do everything you want - not so useful for long term cashflow projections but has become an invaluable tool for us. Small issues.

Andrew K.

Why wouldn't you?

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

I've loved it since I first got involved, over 3 years ago. I can't imagine life without it!

Pros

The ability to be Agile with my financial modelling, to allow me to make tactical decisions, without violating strategic objectives.

Cons

If I had to say, it would be price. The tool is probably of most use to SME's and the entry price point should be more like £20 / month

Peter W.
  • Industry: Accounting

Does what it says on the tin....

Reviewed on 2020/01/15

Pros

I came across Float at Xerocon 2019. I was actively seeking a cashflow App that was easy to set up, use and maintain. I had tried Apps that were more feature-rich but for my clients simplicity and easy of use was their priority. Float fits the bill. I have now been using it on a daily basis with clients for over 2 months and find it does a great job. The clients love it. I will be implementing Float as part of my essential App Stack - Hubdoc-Xero-Float.

Cons

So far I have had a positive experience with Float. If there was one area that I think further work can be done it would be the ability to mix scenarios to evaluate how they would affect future cashflows.

Steven T.

Business critical cashflow

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Cashflow piece of mind

Pros

- amazingly simple to use
- instant accurate cashflow and runway
- so much better that the spreadsheets we used to use
- allows us to model different scenarios

Cons

There isn't much to dislike - it's a great bit of software

Steven M.

Cash Flow for Everyday People

Reviewed on 2019/09/23

Just starting to use this product and I like the clean (non-cluttered) layout of the screens. Easy to use, easy to setup and like the fact that you can readily track where the figures come from in xero.

Pros

User friendly and easy to understand. Logical layout for the everyday business person.

Cons

Would be could to pull in a 3 way budget if required . An upgraded version of the product.
Needs to integrate with myob, as this accounting platform is still used by a lot of larger construction companies who need cash flow advice.

• Industry: Writing & Editing

'Super Easy'

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Overall, it great, would recommend widely to use this program.

Pros

It saves time. As compare to forcasting with spreadsheets like old methods, float cash flow is very easy and time saver. it is an easy way to track cash flow. that's the software what i was looking for.

Cons

So far my experience with this program have been great, no negative things have seen.

Nick H.

Float is just great

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

Pros

We used Excel for predicting our forecast cashflow. It was very time consuming to maintain this system. Float integrated with our bookkeeping software, Xero, made cashflow forecasting very easy!
Excel-like functionality in the browser makes editing easy. The single-page view for an overview is great.

Cons

No Excel-like bulk-edit for scenarios except base!

Luke M.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Simple and easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/05/03

We can see exactly how we are tracking against out budget to make sure we are making money.

Pros

The timeline feature is all we need with forecasting. Other cashflow forecasting software I have tried looks good and has plenty of information but I have found Float to have the best forecasting.

Cons

I dont think it imports the Xero Budget.

Rory Y.

Great & Easy To Use Cashflow Solution

Reviewed on 2020/03/25

Float has really helped us to forecast the business health for the next few months (and even years), giving peace of mind and a plan of action to combat any revenue/cost scenarios on the horizon.

Pros

The integration with Xero was seamless, with lot's of helpful advice on how to get the best out of the cashflow projections.

Cons

Nothing of note as yet, the setup & forecasting has been really simple.

Mark C.
  • Industry: Design

A real game-changer

Reviewed on 2020/05/09

This is so vital during this crisis (Covid-19) that I can forecast our business health, and it will be a vital part of our toolkit in future as well

Pros

It seamlessly integrates with Xero to give me all the data at a glance

Cons

There was nothing I didn't like about the software

Heather P.

Game Changing Cash Flow Forecasting Software

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

This has been a game changer in our practice, we can give daily, cash flow reporting updates to our clients during this Covid 19 Crisis.

Pros

I like how Float integrates seamlessly with Xero Accounting Software. It was relatively easy to set up for each client compared to other cash flow software apps on the market.

Cons

I dont have any dislikes at the moment with the software

Dylan K.

Analyzing my business via Float kept us alive

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

I run a small business that does large projects. Cash flow and budgeting is paramount to success. Before I found float I was running my business like most folks. Looking backwards to go forward. I was paying myself and employees unsustainable money, not timing expenditures correctly that were needed to grow but could wait. I am still in business and making healthier decisions based on the future numbers because of the insights Float gives me.

Pros

The ease of integration with Xero is simple and over the past couple years the software has become easier to configure and setup. Jump in and go!

Cons

There is always room for improvement, and the support staff listen. Currently there is nothing that "must" be done besides never stopping the innovation.

Ivan W.
  • Industry: Accounting

Great software, very easy to set up & use, excellent support - could add a couple of features

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

Pros

Super-easy to set up and sync to Xero, and to import or directly input budgets. Easy & really helpful basis to review and amend bill/invoice dates for cashflows.

Scenario planning and comparisons very helpful, and the output from those in charts etc great for presentation. Also allows you move & group cash in/out categories

Cons

Other than charts, outputs are limited to CSV files so not that easy/quick to manipulate offline, and have to do all your own formulas & formatting, etc.

I understand they’re working on Excel downloads - soon I hope!

Caroline H.
  • Industry: Accounting

A really effective solution to assist businesses manage cashflow

Reviewed on 2020/02/03

Overall, I think Float is an excellent tool for cashflow forecasting and scenario planning. It is easy to use and understand and the support available from the team at Float is excellent.

Pros

Float is easy to use and not overly complex making it easy for clients to understand.
The integrations with accounting software such as Xero ensures it is kept up to date and makes cashflow planning a relatively quick and a regular task - which is key to managing finances.
The ability to forecast easily for different scenarios is a very useful feature that allows a business to easily see the impact of making changes.

Cons

It would be useful to have a multi currency feature

Rouska L.

Instrumental to our business.. excellent product

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

Pros

Fantastic for forecasting cashflow and it's integration with freeagent makes the experience seamless

Cons

Few features could be added which would make the details a little better, but know they're on the roadmap

Jen F.

Easy to use, very intuitive

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

Pros

Overall simplicity and ability to seamlessly sync with our other business software such as Xero. Well priced as well.

Cons

Nothing - it's pretty great. Any glitches are addressed or explained by the helpdesk team who reasons quickly.

Robert S.

Float

Reviewed on 2018/10/20

Pros

Direct integration with accounting and bookkeeping software!

Cons

Slightly expensive for basic or start-up businesses - perhaps a reduced functionality package that's a bit more affordable?

Pm K.

Great, clear app

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Pros

Float is easy to use and provides practical and simple information that enables us to really plan our cashflow - it takes away a huge pain point of Xero.

Cons

Float takes some getting used to as there's not a complete integration out of the box, and requires some customisation to remove certain non-cashflow related expenses.

Joanne B.

Excellent

Reviewed on 2018/07/31

Pros

Great way to keep track of cashflow and set budgets. Easy to use, you don't need to be an account!

Cons

Float doesn't sync back the changes that you make to billing and invoice payment dates to Xero.

Lucien paul S.

Properly useful cashflow

Reviewed on 2019/07/19

We have a renovation project going on at our charity's main building and managing cashflow is crucial. I looked at and tested a load of different providers and Float nailed it for our needs. I can see exactly how we're doing and where the crunch points will be without it being somewhat fictional (which is easy to accomplish in a spreadsheet, especially if it's not linked into the latest data).

Pros

It integrates really well with Xero, making keeping everything up to date v easy.

Cons

Spreadsheet input is a little clunky with manual entry.