Xplor Recreation

3,2 (51)
Business management software for recreation and martial arts

PERFECTMIND has changed the GAME!!

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

We have a software that encompasses retail, inventory, program registration, facility booking (with dependencies,) event rentals, membership, online and mobile booking, ticketing, accounting information, ability to merge documents, marketing tools, and reporting.

Pros

Our business doesn't have to mold around a software, with PerfectMind we can now run our business the way we want. To have such a scalable software has given our staff to increase business and create new revenue streams.

Cons

Don't migrate from old software...go in clean. There will be many efficiencies created, however, keep expectations to staff and minimal as implementation and training has to be considered for delivery.

Joe P.

Cutting edge for a long time

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

PM was a professional service that I compared each year for many years, to other service providers. They won out for a long time.

Pros

When I first started using it, it was the best software for our limited industry. They were innovating all the time.

Cons

As time went on , and the diversified their customer market, the original market that they catered to (martial arts) was left behind for innovations. I remember some features being introduced and I would get excited about it, only to find out it was for another market of customers, and not the martial arts software users. Too bad. I was very loyal to them for 15 years.

Response from PerfectMind

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your honest feedback. Our goal is to still innovate in the market and we have some exciting innovations that will be released in the next couple of months. Please feel free to share additional feedback with us at any time. We love to hear about the good and the bad to see how we can improve our offerings.

PerfectMind

Jacqueline V.
  • Industry: Accounting

Reports unusable. So painful.

Reviewed on 2022/05/13

Pros

Connecting profile types to contracts and payments so everything is in one place. Connecting payments to buttons we can use on our website.

Cons

Billing and payment reports are entirely unusable and makes monthly CC reconciliations take probably 5x longer than they should because of how reports export. CSV reports have multiple line items of data on the same rows and not only that, but headers are not in the same order for the second data set making it very confusing and time consuming to have to edit and manipulate. Excel versions of reports have crazy formatting of columns and no amount of copying and pasting can make the formats translate in a usable way without 30 minutes of reformatting reports.

Cannot generate a report for all combined locations. Have to download them one at a time, then format each location one at a time to where it's usable.

The rest of the software interface is pretty clunky, not intuitive and confusing for everyone who uses it including our tech savvy staff.

This feature is so important to our accounting department to the point where we are recommending our clients leave the platform whenever possible.

Positive experience. Great customer service. Resolved issues quickly. Fantastic implementati...

Reviewed on 2018/04/18

An easy, effective, and accurate means of managing all components of our organization: properties, facility rentals, programs, POS etc. We have been extremely happy with the product overall. The willingness to fix issues and experiences when they do arise, is what makes PerfectMind the perfect fit for our organization. The implementation specialists go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction!

Pros

We use this software as our main operating system for our organization. After exploring several options, PerfectMind was selected for it's user friendly interface, reasonable pricing, and features. The implementation process was very comprehensive with support only a phone call or email away at all times. Challenges did arise and sometimes work-arounds needed to be implemented; however our PerfectMind implementation specialist was also able to find a workable solution. Our frontline team learned the system very easily and has enjoyed the transition. Our customers have also indicated that it is very user-friendly and ease to navigate.

Cons

Creating work-arounds for some functions isn't ideal; however no software will meet every single need of an organization.

Review of Perfect Mind

Reviewed on 2018/10/17

The software is helpful and user friendly. However it is a bit time-consuming.

Pros

The presentation and cleanliness helps visually and functionally. The options to change and customize uses and permissions is also an advantage.

Cons

Time consuming and multi-step processes that slow down customer service efficiency. It would be be helpful if there the software could assume steps or jump through hoops initially.

Response from PerfectMind

We are glad you are finding PerfectMind both clear and flexible. We aim to make sure PerfectMind can be flexible but also straightforward. It would be great if you could show us which steps in particular you feel could be streamlined further.

The PerfectMind Team

Joey J.

Decent featured, clunky interface

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

The experience was good, but there were too many concessions that I had to make, so I chose another solution with better features.

Pros

Of all the products I tried, this had the VERY BEST digital signature capture options. Either interfacing with a signature pad, using a touch screen, mouse, or even a standalone tablet, so you could 'send' the document from a regular computer, to the tablet or touch screen. It was great. The report designer worked well also allowing a lot of customization.

This solution also had flexible membership options, where each memebership could have multiple payment plans. Something sorely missing from other solutions.

Cons

Ultimately, the interface was clunky, dealing with support was frustrating as there was a lot of miscommunication or misunderstanding. It took too long to navigate through various screens.

There were some features (like sponsorships) that were advertised, but were missing from the Martial Arts program, but were available in the Sports and Reg program. not able to add them in.

Gymdesk, Zen Planner and WellnessLiving

Reasons for Switching to Xplor Recreation

I chose it based on the recommendation of a colleague.

Migrane Headache

Reviewed on 2021/08/21

Terrible service. Problematic software

Pros

Ive been with this company for some years, stuck, only because moving my database has been difficult.
The software is a mess. They are always, always looking for "bugs" to fix, and "escalating" things in their support, basically fixing their bugs as they charge you the full rate, basically providing a dysfunctional software that could let you down any minute.
Hard to use software, for the end user (students) and the school owner both
And then the staff. A so called team, unprofessional, careless and rude!!

Cons

Unreliable, and difficult to maintain and use

Zen Planner

Reasons for Switching to Xplor Recreation

didnt do enough research at the time i joined..
Amber M.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Perfect Mind has not been so perfect!

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

Overall I think I would recommend a different software or think it would have been beneficial to try a different software. Not sure I would recommend it. I am getting the job done, but as I said it has been frustrating with all the changes that occur. My terminal has been down for over a month. Sorry but this is ridiculous. A work order has been put in and it's in the works, but that is way too long.

Pros

I use Perfect Mind everyday. The program alone is not too hard to learn so I have caught on quickly. Overall it works for my job.

Cons

Seems like with the system being somewhat new, there have been ALOT of kinks being worked out slowly. Seems like when one this is fixed, it screws up several other things in the system. There have been days the system has been down and this is crucial to my job. Also seems like things are changing constantly with the software. As soon as I get used to something working out great, something else changes for the bad. It's been very frustrating.

Response from PerfectMind

Hi Amber,

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are indeed continuously honing the system towards your needs and refining the methods we use to communicate changes. Stability is obviously very important to you, and we appreciate there is a necessary balance between stability and progress. Keep us updated on your feelings as time goes on.

Thanks,

The PerfectMind Team

Michelle B.

Online Registration

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

Online registration capabilities is more user friendly than our previous setup. As a result, registration of programs has increased to 79.5% on the first day of 2019 spring registration, this is an increase in online registration of 42% over the last full online registration period back in 2017. We did not offer online registration in 2018 due to software implementation.

Pros

Front end functions are easy to use and understand. The overall capabilities of the software is diverse enough to meet todays business needs as well as offering room to grow for the future.

Registration online

Cons

In order to create or setup the back end, there are many layers to address. Individual road maps of next steps would greatly benefit areas such as setting of permissions and report creation.

It has taken a significant resource of staff time to setup, maintain, trouble shoot and develop this software for all business areas.

Pretty Package That Lacks Some Needed Functionality

Reviewed on 2018/10/08

It is nice having a system that covers everything that parks and recreation has to deal with. I just wish they were more proactive in developing systems that work off of each other and not independently.

Pros

Looks professional. Easy to add new clients and accounts. Reservations are fairly easy. Quite a few options are available. Integrated email a nice feature. Different payment plans a nice feature.

Cons

Many systems don't work well together. Trying to put together reports that display the information you want can be a challenge. Report building offers many options but not the ones you need. Random bugs are an issue. Each update seems to fix one thing but break another.

Wesley J.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

PerfectMind - Modern and Easy to Use!

Reviewed on 2019/09/04

PerfectMind has brought our organization into the "21st century" in terms of navigation, features, and ease of use for both our staff, and our customers. Although it has been a very short time since we've begun using the software, we're already seeing benefits with efficiency and with customer satisfaction. We look forward to implementing more of what PerfectMind has to offer.

Pros

Staff were able to pick up navigating the software very quickly, which made for simple trainings and a smoother implementation. A lot of daily processes are quicker and more efficient in PerfectMind than they were in our previous software.

Cons

The software has come across as "glitchy" on more than a few occasions. Fortunately, PM's support team is fantastic and any issues that came up were resolved.

ACTIVE Net

Reasons for Choosing Xplor Recreation

Our Active Network software was no longer going to be supported by Active Network in the near future.

Reasons for Switching to Xplor Recreation

I don't know why we chose PerfectMind because I wasn't involved in the selection process.
Brian D.

Jack of All Trades, Master of None

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Many great options and features hidden behind a confusing mess of settings that are not easy or intuitive to find. Communication could be greatly improved with support.

Pros

It handles most everything related to Parks and Recreation. It will handle facility bookings, fitness classes, camps, CRM, reporting, and marketing emails. It does a lot well.

Cons

Not intuitive. To properly set up a new course or program requires many steps and settings that are located numerous different obscure locations within the software. If you get one setting wrong the whole program won't work.
Support is not great at communication about the status of what they are working on. Sometimes they even adjust things that you did not ask to be adjusted and do not inform you about it.

Michael V.

PerfectMind Has Saved Me Time and Money While Helping to Increase My Revenue

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

PerfectMind has saved me time, money, and energy by allowing me to consolidate many systems into one. I am able to run customized reports, set -- and ACHIEVE -- goals, and growing my business exponentially by using all the great features PerfectMind has to offer.

Pros

The software is incredibly easy to customize to my specific business use. It is very easy and intuitive to learn. When I needed customer support, they were always available and very helpful. The software integrates seamlessly with all my other systems and programs. It is very easy for my staff to learn and use also.

Cons

When I first started using the software over six years ago, the website building tool and SEO options were a bit limited. However, since then, they have gotten exponentially better to use.

Ben S.
  • Industry: Music

I wish I liked this software more

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

I was very excited to get perfectmind set up and thought it would be good system that could manage my accounts, payment, CRM, and email all in one. Unfortunately the software is just outdated and poorly written. Also, the payment integration with EVO is inferior to Stripe which I use now, and it is too expensive.

I have moved to Acuity and Zoho at half the cost with better integration, accounting, and CRM (I will miss the guys in customer service).

Pros

The customer service was fantastic. All the agents in the customer service department were fantastic, professional, and helpful. I could always get on a call to talk with someone quickly and get the help I needed. I actually got to know them by name and they knew my business, which is unheard of.

Cons

Unfortunately, the software does not match the customer service. The software is poorly written and the reporting is unusable. The client side system is equally outdated and poorly set up. We had to spend a lot of time managing our clients and clicking around on the software to figure out where their accounts were and how many appointments they had taken.

Perfectmind also has a very confusing and unethical 30 day cancellation policy. I called to cancel the software at the end of October and was forced to pay an extra $150 in the middle of November because of the policy which requires a 30 day notification. Moreover, the agent from the accounts department (which is separate from the customer service) called me late in the evening and then did not return my phone calls for 2 weeks! I am supposed to get a phone call tomorrow to close the account. I'm not sure how many subscriptions accounts you have but I have many, and cancellation is uniformly a click of a button.

SalesRabbit, Timesheets.com and Timely

Reasons for Choosing Xplor Recreation

Mindbody was built for yoga studios, my studio is a music education business.

Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to Xplor Recreation

At the time it seemed like a system that could cover all my needs and I really liked the customer service.
Melissa S.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

NOT what I call PERFECT

Reviewed on 2018/06/25

Too many things have multiple ways to navigate and yet none of them seem user friendly. The system as a whole seems to be very heavy on navigation and so much seems unnecessary and that has to be quicker/shorter ways to do the same things. Overall the system is just not user friendly or efficient , we spend way too much time trying to figure out to make the system do what we need or trying to find a way to get information from the system into excel so we can do what we need to.

Pros

The software does seem to offer a lot of features. We were very excited about the prospect of many things this software is supposed to do. Some of the things that may be considered as "PROS" by others are simply of no use to us.

Cons

Has not worked for our dance studio! So many of the features don't seem to work as they should or sometimes at all. You can't sort groups as you wish for the purposes of certain performances, rehearsals, or costuming needs. Unable to print a class roster that doesn't include the icons next the names, and private information. We called the help desk to learn how to print a list of ALL of our students, and wanted to know if we could sort it by different things( which classes enrolled, sort by name or age, separate students who do certain performances) we were told we would have to export the entire list into excel and then delete the information we don't need and add any other information then we could use the excel features to sort etc... If I wanted to do all the work myself in excel I wouldn't need your software. It says that it manages inventory... ours i never right and it lets you sell products into the negative (clearly this alone shows that the inventory management does not work) We constantly have problems with the mass/group email features, our students/parents are always not getting the emails that are sent out to the groups we set up. I have tested it with several parents, double checking their email is correct, is it in the group list... but these same parents receive email receipt for purchases. We have classes that we no longer offer yet the system will not allow us to remove them, we have tried many ways over a year and even asked help center, but never got any results. We feel the associated merchant fees are outrageous comparatively to other products. The builtin reports are are not easily customized.

Nicole M.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Poor execution of services, billing nightmare, sadly disappointing

Reviewed on 2016/08/03

The software seems very promising at first and the features, if working properly, would be a dream come true. I found there were several way to complete the same task, but all with different levels of data entry- why not one place where you can do it all? Some data entry was repetitive and took too many clicks for something simple. I was never able to manage family accounts properly, had several instances where the site would freeze upon class check-in when I needed it most, newsletters and e-mails erased because of a system glitch, and reports were also more complicated than necessary and I often couldn't find the report I wanted, but a million others. Also, you can't use the browser back button and instead end up having a handful of tabs open to navigate the system. I spent a LOT of time trying to make the system work, and gave up after a month and a half because it was hindering my productivity. I was very hopeful about the system, but execution was atrocious. I gave consistent feedback to the always friendly staff, but it never seemed to be acknowledged. It seemed to me like a big company that failed to provide their staff with the necessary tools to do their job and service their customers. As I just came from living and doing business in Brazil where customer service is non-existent, it took quite a bit for me to be this disappointed in their level of service.

Pros

The features are awesome in theory, but don't function like the should. Customer service agents were consistently nice, but there is VERY obviously a lack of communication within the company. Training was thorough. Interface is nice, but not always efficient. Option to enter basic operating expense was a nice feature I haven't seen in other programs. I would recommend adding tips throughout the system for suggestions on how to use certain fields. There were a handful that I had no clue what their purpose was. Overall speed of system was good, except on days when it chose to freeze upon check-in.

Cons

Seems glitchy at times, but not a deal breaker. Sometimes the help section videos are not the same interface as the actual software. Billing is a NIGHTMARE. After nearly two months of trying to get set up, I was repeatedly asked for personal information without clearly being told how it was being used, when I finally received a merchant contract I read it (because I'd already lacked confidence in their services and felt like I was getting into something not good) and the company was unable to and eventually refused to answer my questions. Without signing the contract, I was opened with 2 merchant accounts on-line, one of which neither Perfect Mind or EVO billing services could tell me what it was. After making a request to retract my application and refusing to sign the contract yet again, I was billed for their services and given a hard time when I requested to 'cancel' the service I never accepted, and was actually told twice I was denied the account in the first place- this in the midst of others asking me to sign the contract. I tried using the software with a separate merchant account because I was hopeful I would eventually get the hang of it, but it proved to be inefficient and takes away a lot of the value of the system.

Robert P.

A Comprehensive CRM Solution

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Overall it has been very positive. They are getting better with time because they are willing to listen and address issues that come up. It's a good partnership.

Pros

It is a one "one stop" solution that covers all the bases I need covered; web solution, Database, Customer Lifecycle, Emails generator, Support & Development.

Cons

It takes a while to understand the thinking behind the development. Also because of the comprehensive and customizable nature of the software, there can be unintended consequences when changes are made. There isn't a good way to test before deployment.

Josh R.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

PerfectMind software is a part of our martial arts school's success!

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

My overall experience has been exceptional. I have been a client for over ten years and I log-in and use the software on a daily basis. It's become a part of my routine and I believe the software is a part of my business's success.

Pros

I like that PerfectMind has comprehensive features all in one software. I utilize it for my customer information, billing, marketing, and reporting. It's a "one stop shop" software.

Cons

I wish that I could have my e-mail integrated with the software. It's a feature I've requested and hope they consider.

Nikole K.

Easy to manage platform and I also get issues resolved efficiently

Reviewed on 2017/05/24

Ability to keep customer base organized

Pros

Organization and layout of the customer page is great. Ability to change and edit products and services is great. Billing is easy and efficient. I like to have the ability or organize my customer base by any one of the various options.

Cons

I don't like the mr. Marketer emails sent out without me having much control over content. I find the emails go out to customers and I need to be able to select specific groups of customers to send this too.

Jessi F.

PerfectMind

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

Before we switched to PerfectMind we had a 20 yr old software system. Switching to PerfectMing was an eye opening experience. We have had our issues and troubles with PerfectMind but I think overall it's a good product.

Pros

PerfectMind is very user friendly and easy to navigate the system.

Cons

We have had so many bugs and glitches from the updates or hot fixes. I feel like if there is a hot fix for one things then the next day we will have about 3 or 4 other issues related to the hot fix.

Response from PerfectMind

Thank you very much for your feedback. Our objective is to continue improving our product to better serve the community. Please feel free to reach out to your account manager at any time if you specific feedback about our services.

Eric A.

Perfect Mind is perfect to manage your entire martial arts business

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

I have been with them for 10 years and the software and value continues to grow. It's an all-in-one management software to help you with contact management, email, billing, reports and much more.

Pros

Easy to use, internet based. Allows you to analyze your business, get goals and grow. Constantly providing updates and listening to customer feedback.

Cons

Some features don't work well with Apple computers. Other features can still be added to make it even better.

Brittani D.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great software

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Will help us modernize the city and allow residents to have many options for memberships and registrations etc.

Pros

A lot of options for every aspect of a recreational facility. Has everyone you would need from memberships to day to day POS.

Cons

Can be quite confusing and takes a bit of time to understand as we are just about to go through the process now but don’t have anything generally negative.

Helen T.

I was a volunteer for my yoga studio + was tasked to contact students with soon to be expired...

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

For the purposes of my tasks with my organization, it suited my needs just fine. However, if I was the owner of the studio, I would look elsewhere for a more streamlined experience for a more business oriented software.

Pros

It was fairly user friendly and the interface was clean and simple. I was able to run simple commands of the database and manipulate the data as needed to make it useful for me. Information was also fairly simple to find as well.

Cons

I found that this software lead to a decrease in productivity due to the number of clicks required. I found it confounding that while information was easy to find for people in the database, it required so many clicks and a redirection to send an email to that very same person. Furthermore, the layout of the student information/demographics was a bit messy in that there were a lot of extra fields that were unused. One byproduct of this feature was that users of the system were using these blank fields for all types of misc information, which made the student information hard to sort through.

Mitchell N.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Easy to use product!

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

I have used PerfectMind for the last 3.5 years and have utilized it in a number of different ways in my business. It helps to keep things organized and has made systemizing business processes much easier.

Pros

Has many fields and levels of functionality that I can utilize.

Cons

Some software objects don't link with one another so sometimes you are not able to run a specific report or workflow that I want to do.

Serena L.

Complete Scam

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

We signed up with Perfectmind and have cancelled our services back in July and are still having charges come out of our account through their 3rd party - Paysafe. When I called them in December they informed me that they are still able to take money out of my account for up to 12 months. How is this even legal?! I highly recommend NOT signing up with them. This was not the first time I have had issues with them.

Pros

Nothing pro to say as they are still taking money out of my account even after I have cancelled my services for over 5 months.

Cons

Every month there was always a new issue with the software. There wasn’t a month where it ran smoothly and I didn’t have to contact their support team.

Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to Xplor Recreation

It had a martial arts option which I highly DO NOT recommend.