PerfectMind

Business management software for recreation and martial arts

Brian D.

Jack of All Trades, Master of None

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Many great options and features hidden behind a confusing mess of settings that are not easy or intuitive to find. Communication could be greatly improved with support.

Pros

It handles most everything related to Parks and Recreation. It will handle facility bookings, fitness classes, camps, CRM, reporting, and marketing emails. It does a lot well.

Cons

Not intuitive. To properly set up a new course or program requires many steps and settings that are located numerous different obscure locations within the software. If you get one setting wrong the whole program won't work.
Support is not great at communication about the status of what they are working on. Sometimes they even adjust things that you did not ask to be adjusted and do not inform you about it.

Michelle B.

Online Registration

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

Online registration capabilities is more user friendly than our previous setup. As a result, registration of programs has increased to 79.5% on the first day of 2019 spring registration, this is an increase in online registration of 42% over the last full online registration period back in 2017. We did not offer online registration in 2018 due to software implementation.

Pros

Front end functions are easy to use and understand. The overall capabilities of the software is diverse enough to meet todays business needs as well as offering room to grow for the future.

Registration online

Cons

In order to create or setup the back end, there are many layers to address. Individual road maps of next steps would greatly benefit areas such as setting of permissions and report creation.

It has taken a significant resource of staff time to setup, maintain, trouble shoot and develop this software for all business areas.

Brittani D.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great software

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Will help us modernize the city and allow residents to have many options for memberships and registrations etc.

Pros

A lot of options for every aspect of a recreational facility. Has everyone you would need from memberships to day to day POS.

Cons

Can be quite confusing and takes a bit of time to understand as we are just about to go through the process now but don’t have anything generally negative.

Helen T.

I was a volunteer for my yoga studio + was tasked to contact students with soon to be expired...

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

For the purposes of my tasks with my organization, it suited my needs just fine. However, if I was the owner of the studio, I would look elsewhere for a more streamlined experience for a more business oriented software.

Pros

It was fairly user friendly and the interface was clean and simple. I was able to run simple commands of the database and manipulate the data as needed to make it useful for me. Information was also fairly simple to find as well.

Cons

I found that this software lead to a decrease in productivity due to the number of clicks required. I found it confounding that while information was easy to find for people in the database, it required so many clicks and a redirection to send an email to that very same person. Furthermore, the layout of the student information/demographics was a bit messy in that there were a lot of extra fields that were unused. One byproduct of this feature was that users of the system were using these blank fields for all types of misc information, which made the student information hard to sort through.

Gail T.

Best management software & support

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Pros

Perfect Mind enables us to track billing and student progress. I could not efficiently run our school without this software. Their tech support is available 24/7 and top notch.

Cons

The platform for creating good marketing emails is a bit cumbersome.

Crystal R.

PerfectMind Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/22

Our overall experience has been great. We had some hiccups along the way (to be expected); however, PerfectMind was able to respond with a resolution, or very willing to look into the issue further. The support we received from our Project Manager and Implementation Consultant was fantastic. They were always available and happy to help.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. Our staff were able to adjust to the new functionalities and features quite easily. The ease of use is definitely the best part!

Cons

The Facility Bookings and Accounting modules need some more fine turning.

Very easy to manage

Reviewed on 2018/01/25

Pros

PerfectMind is very easy to use and has a ton of customizable features such as custom databases. The possibilities are endless!

Cons

While I love the complexity of the software, it did take some who are not great with technology a bit longer to learn, however, once they got used to it they loved it!

Mark G.

PerfectMInd

Reviewed on 2019/10/07

Pros

Ease of use. great product for end users

Cons

PerfectMind in an effort to improve the produce seems to break things regularly with updates..., Online experience for Customer needs to be improved

Stuart R.

Horrible support

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

They screwed up my account so many times but it is tuff to change systems cause they have all of your info. Make sure you keep your contracts handy so you can switch from them cause they won't help you switch.

Pros

The interface is easy to understand, input customer info is easy but if you want to do point of sale fast you need something else like Paypal.

Cons

Support is horrible, they don't have a good relationship with credit processors so things like changing bank accounts are a nightmare. Billing is bad some times they bill you sometimes they don't and they will try to lump up all the payments at once.

PERFECTMIND has changed the GAME!!

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

We have a software that encompasses retail, inventory, program registration, facility booking (with dependencies,) event rentals, membership, online and mobile booking, ticketing, accounting information, ability to merge documents, marketing tools, and reporting.

Pros

Our business doesn't have to mold around a software, with PerfectMind we can now run our business the way we want. To have such a scalable software has given our staff to increase business and create new revenue streams.

Cons

Don't migrate from old software...go in clean. There will be many efficiencies created, however, keep expectations to staff and minimal as implementation and training has to be considered for delivery.

Michael V.

PerfectMind Has Saved Me Time and Money While Helping to Increase My Revenue

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

PerfectMind has saved me time, money, and energy by allowing me to consolidate many systems into one. I am able to run customized reports, set -- and ACHIEVE -- goals, and growing my business exponentially by using all the great features PerfectMind has to offer.

Pros

The software is incredibly easy to customize to my specific business use. It is very easy and intuitive to learn. When I needed customer support, they were always available and very helpful. The software integrates seamlessly with all my other systems and programs. It is very easy for my staff to learn and use also.

Cons

When I first started using the software over six years ago, the website building tool and SEO options were a bit limited. However, since then, they have gotten exponentially better to use.

Robert P.

A Comprehensive CRM Solution

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Overall it has been very positive. They are getting better with time because they are willing to listen and address issues that come up. It's a good partnership.

Pros

It is a one "one stop" solution that covers all the bases I need covered; web solution, Database, Customer Lifecycle, Emails generator, Support & Development.

Cons

It takes a while to understand the thinking behind the development. Also because of the comprehensive and customizable nature of the software, there can be unintended consequences when changes are made. There isn't a good way to test before deployment.

Eric A.

Perfect Mind is perfect to manage your entire martial arts business

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

I have been with them for 10 years and the software and value continues to grow. It's an all-in-one management software to help you with contact management, email, billing, reports and much more.

Pros

Easy to use, internet based. Allows you to analyze your business, get goals and grow. Constantly providing updates and listening to customer feedback.

Cons

Some features don't work well with Apple computers. Other features can still be added to make it even better.

Aj K.

Just don't bother if you don't live in the US.

Reviewed on 2017/04/23

I have used this software for a few years now. At first it seemed like a god send, but the constant 'upgrades' have ended up with a patchy end result that fails to deliver. It's a shame.
It may be ok if you have a smaller business that is not too complex but I have found it beyond frustrating.

If you love outside the US it is frustrating as you have to work out your pre-tax price manually for every new product or service you enter and then the pre-tax price will display online. The booking widget only works with custom calendars, however custom calendars won't work with student retention statistics or exam updates. The other back end book me page won't display correctly on phones and tablets. And students have a horrible experience booking anything having to click through 3 pages for each booking.
To cancel a booking, student's only option is to reply to an RSVP email and then it doesn't remove them from the class, you have too, and then it doesn't add people from the wait list.
It seems like it will do a lot but in reality it feels glitchy, and broken.
Customer service is fast to respond but have to escalate most things to the 'development team' which sees few results.

Melissa L.

No mind....bad customer service....lost revenue for faulty coding

Reviewed on 2016/07/15

First of all, I stuck with PerfectMind longer than I should have because at one point it was working. Additionally the email integration, though the email program was a little sloppy, is fully integrated into the platform...which is great for sending automated sales emails. But here's the thing....after an update or 2...the core function which is making sure credits are getting removed from people's passes was not always happening....letting clients take classes for free! We contacted customer service, the president of the company, and their customer service head....and we were told it would be fixed. Then radio silence. The worst part is, I found out another studio owner also had the same problem. This wasn't an isolated incident. They choose not to tell people about the issue...thus everyone else losing money.

Pros

The email integration

Cons

The core function which is removing credits from passes didn't work. Horrible customer service.

Graeme D.

PerfectMind Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

Superior software in the long-term once development has been completed
Strong Support Involvement
Dedicated and knowledgeable staff

Pros

Online Registration and how user-friendly the software is

Cons

Learning the software is an ongoing challenge, especially as the program continues to develop new features

Solat T.

U find what ever is a need in one Software

Reviewed on 2012/01/28

Strongly recommend them.

Pros

These guys are amazing , they release new version almost every months and I can state that their software has no issue at all.
They have gathered all the needed aspects in one place and They really have made my business simple.

Cons

In my opinion they don't have any and as I mentioned already they care about customers reviews and they consider your feedback so that why they are awesome.

Mary C.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

overall opinon

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

I have left many messages recently and no calls returned. to expensive

Pros

all inclusive billing and customer management

Cons

too many steps and prompts not easy to use expensive

Andrew P.

My story

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Seriously vet and think twice before choosing this organization before you switch to them.

Pros

The customer interface is well laid out, makes sense, and easy to navigate. Our initial 6 or so customer's really liked the experience.

Cons

The inability to register customers for 12 days after an update. They did an update and failed to thoroughly test it on our end. They told us it would be fixed in 2 days, 12 days later (after we fired them) it was fixed.

Wesley J.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

PerfectMind - Modern and Easy to Use!

Reviewed on 2019/09/04

PerfectMind has brought our organization into the "21st century" in terms of navigation, features, and ease of use for both our staff, and our customers. Although it has been a very short time since we've begun using the software, we're already seeing benefits with efficiency and with customer satisfaction. We look forward to implementing more of what PerfectMind has to offer.

Pros

Staff were able to pick up navigating the software very quickly, which made for simple trainings and a smoother implementation. A lot of daily processes are quicker and more efficient in PerfectMind than they were in our previous software.

Cons

The software has come across as "glitchy" on more than a few occasions. Fortunately, PM's support team is fantastic and any issues that came up were resolved.

Joe P.

Cutting edge for a long time

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

PM was a professional service that I compared each year for many years, to other service providers. They won out for a long time.

Pros

When I first started using it, it was the best software for our limited industry. They were innovating all the time.

Cons

As time went on , and the diversified their customer market, the original market that they catered to (martial arts) was left behind for innovations. I remember some features being introduced and I would get excited about it, only to find out it was for another market of customers, and not the martial arts software users. Too bad. I was very loyal to them for 15 years.

Response from PerfectMind

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your honest feedback. Our goal is to still innovate in the market and we have some exciting innovations that will be released in the next couple of months. Please feel free to share additional feedback with us at any time. We love to hear about the good and the bad to see how we can improve our offerings.

Pretty Package That Lacks Some Needed Functionality

Reviewed on 2018/10/08

It is nice having a system that covers everything that parks and recreation has to deal with. I just wish they were more proactive in developing systems that work off of each other and not independently.

Pros

Looks professional. Easy to add new clients and accounts. Reservations are fairly easy. Quite a few options are available. Integrated email a nice feature. Different payment plans a nice feature.

Cons

Many systems don't work well together. Trying to put together reports that display the information you want can be a challenge. Report building offers many options but not the ones you need. Random bugs are an issue. Each update seems to fix one thing but break another.

Nicole M.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Poor execution of services, billing nightmare, sadly disappointing

Reviewed on 2016/08/03

The software seems very promising at first and the features, if working properly, would be a dream come true. I found there were several way to complete the same task, but all with different levels of data entry- why not one place where you can do it all? Some data entry was repetitive and took too many clicks for something simple. I was never able to manage family accounts properly, had several instances where the site would freeze upon class check-in when I needed it most, newsletters and e-mails erased because of a system glitch, and reports were also more complicated than necessary and I often couldn't find the report I wanted, but a million others. Also, you can't use the browser back button and instead end up having a handful of tabs open to navigate the system. I spent a LOT of time trying to make the system work, and gave up after a month and a half because it was hindering my productivity. I was very hopeful about the system, but execution was atrocious. I gave consistent feedback to the always friendly staff, but it never seemed to be acknowledged. It seemed to me like a big company that failed to provide their staff with the necessary tools to do their job and service their customers. As I just came from living and doing business in Brazil where customer service is non-existent, it took quite a bit for me to be this disappointed in their level of service.

Pros

The features are awesome in theory, but don't function like the should. Customer service agents were consistently nice, but there is VERY obviously a lack of communication within the company. Training was thorough. Interface is nice, but not always efficient. Option to enter basic operating expense was a nice feature I haven't seen in other programs. I would recommend adding tips throughout the system for suggestions on how to use certain fields. There were a handful that I had no clue what their purpose was. Overall speed of system was good, except on days when it chose to freeze upon check-in.

Cons

Seems glitchy at times, but not a deal breaker. Sometimes the help section videos are not the same interface as the actual software. Billing is a NIGHTMARE. After nearly two months of trying to get set up, I was repeatedly asked for personal information without clearly being told how it was being used, when I finally received a merchant contract I read it (because I'd already lacked confidence in their services and felt like I was getting into something not good) and the company was unable to and eventually refused to answer my questions. Without signing the contract, I was opened with 2 merchant accounts on-line, one of which neither Perfect Mind or EVO billing services could tell me what it was. After making a request to retract my application and refusing to sign the contract yet again, I was billed for their services and given a hard time when I requested to 'cancel' the service I never accepted, and was actually told twice I was denied the account in the first place- this in the midst of others asking me to sign the contract. I tried using the software with a separate merchant account because I was hopeful I would eventually get the hang of it, but it proved to be inefficient and takes away a lot of the value of the system.

Josh R.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

PerfectMind software is a part of our martial arts school's success!

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

My overall experience has been exceptional. I have been a client for over ten years and I log-in and use the software on a daily basis. It's become a part of my routine and I believe the software is a part of my business's success.

Pros

I like that PerfectMind has comprehensive features all in one software. I utilize it for my customer information, billing, marketing, and reporting. It's a "one stop shop" software.

Cons

I wish that I could have my e-mail integrated with the software. It's a feature I've requested and hope they consider.

Jessi F.

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

Before we switched to PerfectMind we had a 20 yr old software system. Switching to PerfectMing was an eye opening experience. We have had our issues and troubles with PerfectMind but I think overall it's a good product.

Pros

PerfectMind is very user friendly and easy to navigate the system.

Cons

We have had so many bugs and glitches from the updates or hot fixes. I feel like if there is a hot fix for one things then the next day we will have about 3 or 4 other issues related to the hot fix.

Response from PerfectMind

Thank you very much for your feedback. Our objective is to continue improving our product to better serve the community. Please feel free to reach out to your account manager at any time if you specific feedback about our services.