GymMaster

Gym and Health Club Membership Management Software

Nick

Satisfied Customer

Reviewed on 2023/03/06

I love GymMaster and so do my clients. I couldnt ask for a better product.

I love GymMaster and so do my clients. I couldnt ask for a better product.

Pros

The website and app are easy to navigate and set up classes.

Cons

I wish there were more "how-to" videos so I wouldn't have to contact tech support and bother them.

Jeremy

I can't recommend highly enough

Reviewed on 2021/05/03

We are very happy with Gymmaster. The product itself is great, but the level and speed of support exceeds expectation. We attribute our New Zealand Exercise Industry Awards success over the last 4 years partly to the fact that we have Gymmaster as our software.

Pros

Gymmaster is very user friendly, with good permission options that allow us to offer different access to those team members that need it. We have found it easy to train new team members, as well as upskill existing team as required. The customisable options are great, as is the ability to get support when we need it! The integrations are helpful and easy, including Mailchimp, Zapier and Zoom.

Cons

Some of the reporting functions can be a little inconsistent at times, but support will usually remedy this quickly where required.

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Hi Jeremy, thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback! It's great to hear you're enjoying the system and are making use of our integrations to help streamline managing your club. We appreciate you pointing out areas we can improve for your business and will take this aboard for our future improvements to the system.

Stefanie

Reviewed on 2019/09/03

Good

Good

Pros

The software is easy to use and teach yourself.

Cons

Support, while awesome, it is hard to remember what the time change is.

Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to GymMaster

More robust

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Thank you for this review Stefanie, we appreciate you taking the time to send through your feedback. We have recently expanded our international support team, and increased our support hours to make it easier to keep in touch with us.

Katie

GymMaster - all the gym software options and support team you need. All for a very reasonable...

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

From day one, GymMaster has been an extremely professional company to work with, and the software has been nothing but positively impactful for my business. The price is so reasonable for what you get as a gym/fitness center, including full time support by email, and they always answer the phone for a support call or question I have.
At the time of the Corona virus mandatory gym closure, GymMaster was one of the first companies to reach out, with a plan/options already in place. I chose the MASS HOLD option they created, and this made things so easy during this hard time. They had quickly came up with a solution to what the gym would need within hours of us having to close the doors. So far this option they set up has been flawless, and has saved me several headaches.
They have been more than fair about invoice payments to them during this time, as I never had to ask, they stepped up and offered plans of assistance to help gyms fight through this tough time.
I will continue to use GymMaster, I have no interest in even finding another Gym Software company or service, this has worked wonderfully for me and I highly recommend you set your gym up with GymMaster.

Pros

I found the set-up for GymMaster software to be very easy to integrate with my business, as well as merchant service account. Clear and easy to use instructions, but what I also find extremely helpful is GymMaster staff and support team always available to help. The software is very user friendly, easy to set up basic operations of the business and also to make changes along the way, (signing-up members, changing class times, adding staff, selling online product/services). I also find beneficial that I can set up to print out any type of analytical report. The software easily checks members in by FAB or front desk staff, and the member portal works great for my member to sign-up for classes, book appts. etc on the free member portal app. If I ever need help, again GymMaster support team has always been available to help!

Cons

Navigating through the backend in the very beginning was a little frustrating at first, as there are a lot of options, and some of the phrasing can be a little confusing until you get used to it. Some tabs and links that can be accessed from several points, which was a bit confusing, but GymMaster staff and support team has always done a great job of helping understand the back end, answer questions and how to adjust settings specific to my business model. I can call GymMaster pretty much at anytime and they will help me make the necessary adjustments, while explaining how to do it myself for the next time. Really helpful and great instructors. They make sure you have all questions answered and things in place before the call ends.
Really friendly, helpful support team.

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Hi Katie
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear GymMaster works well for your business and has provided you all the tools you require to make life easier for you.
We do take pride in providing the best support we can for our clients and that we are always here to assist wherever we can.
We hope you and your members keep safe and well during Covid-19 and don't hesitate to reach out to us for further assistance.

Sarah

Great experience from start to finish!

Reviewed on 2023/06/12

I loved my experience with Gymmaster. I've seen it change and update as well over the years, which was nice to see as a gym owner. We've had a lot of things change in our gym concept, as we tested different aspects of memberships, point of sales, etc. and everything was always smooth sailing with Gymmaster because everything was logged and the customer support was always ready to help us through any process.

Pros

Loved the customer support and quick turnaround on certain things as we grew from one gym to three gyms in less than 2 years. As well during the pandemic, they were very responsive and helped us change the memberships, update them, etc. It was a great customer support all around.

Cons

Some features aren't customizable, but the team does take note of the comments we send in, which is nice to know!

Courtney

Excellent Software, but a few suggestions...

Reviewed on 2021/09/21

This software works great for member management, tracking classes, collecting dues, new sign-ups, and selling products.
Their are some very simple fixes that would greatly improve the quality of this software for smaller gyms.

Pros

The interface and the fact that there are explanations next to each function.
Can give members freedom to manage their account and membership through portal
The amount of fail-safe's in place to avoid mistakes or over charges
Just an excellent overall software

Cons

That we are unable to provide a description for our classes, but can for bookings. Our gym only offers classes, so we have no need for bookings. PLEASE ADD ONLINE DESCRIPTIONS FOR CLASSES TOO.
That we cannot put variations (size, color) on products which forces us to put in a new product for every single size and color. LOOK INTO HOW SQUARE POS FUNCTIONS WITH VARIATIONS.

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Courtney, appreciate you taking the time to give us this feedback and for your suggestions on future improvements!

You'll be pleased to know that online class descriptions are currently available in the system, if you'd like a hand with this please don't hesitate to reach out to support.

The point of sale improvement you mentioned is on the team's radar, I have notified them of your interest to assist in prioritizing the project.

Thanks again

raymond

Gym master app

Reviewed on 2023/07/04

Pros

The scheduling was very easy for my clients to use

Cons

The workout feature I used a different application for that

FitSW
Tracy

Awesome Product

Reviewed on 2023/09/02

Pros

Gym Master is user friendly, time friendly and integrates well with other products.The support base isamazing, so quick to help and resolve if there is ever a query

Cons

The billing if a members payment fails a few times it disconnects from using it and have to speak to member where in mindbody it just keeps allowing tries

Jed

Gymmaster!

Reviewed on 2023/08/27

Pros

Everything! I have no complaints for Gymaster! !

Cons

I have no complaints, there was a little bit of a learning curb but customer service is very responsive and helpful!

Julie

Great Software!

Reviewed on 2023/07/05

Love all the features that gymmaster provides (billing, email reminders, check-in etc)

Pros

The dashboard, the reminder emails that are automatically sent for payment reminders, the check-in logs and more

Cons

Not being able to use other credit card processing companies besides the ones listed in order for the billing to work.

Paul

Gym Master Wins.

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

I have owned and managed gyms for over 18 years and used the best software providers on the market that money can buy from staff/schedules/PT's/check-ins/POS/invoicing/online stores/reporting etc, anything a gym uses I've seen in most platforms & with out a stretch GM leaves the best of them for dead. Honestly if your considering starting to use member management for your gym/PT clients or switching GM will give you everything you need. If your unsure, hook up the free trial and don't be shy to call support, I've spoken with pretty much all staff and they all go above and beyond. This is very rare to find so I can only assume management is bang on perfect.

Pros

Customization GM offers is brilliant and extremely flexible. The dashboard is accurate and doesn't require double checking in reports, it's "at a glance" format tells me all the crucial things I need to know without wasting hours of running reports and filtering in excel like other providers I've used in the past. GM has saved me time and in turn money because of this.

Boasting a huge degree of customization, I've found there's still a few things I'd like done - as soon as I raise a ticket with my request, less than 24 hours later I have a reply and usually they can provide what I've requested in the next 24 hours. AMAZING, considering other providers rarely reply to the first request at all.

Support staff are probably the best I've ever seen. Nothing's too hard, and whilst I understand I am suppose to book in training times to use the platform, they never mind if i just pick up the phone for a quick chat to query things. There customer service is that of a face to face skilled/genuine salesman, not something you expect from a tech company in another country. Not to mention the rep in accounts & the rep in development, true to there word and make it all too easy. GM You have blown me away.

Cons

CON: I'm addicted to using it because it's so enjoyable to use and user friendly. So that's the con, it takes up to much of my time cause I love using it. HA HA HA. Truly no con here.

Maybe some time zones get displayed in NZ rather than my Adelaide time zone. Again GM fix it straight away.

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Hi Paul
WOW, we are feeling very humbled by your feedback. It's great to hear that our software has been so enjoyable to use. We also take pride in responding to clients requests as we know we are continually improving the system for our end users.
If you have any further suggestions for improvement please don't hesitate to let us know, the support / development team are always ready to take the call.
Thank you again for the wonderful feedback.

Barret

Awesome Club Management Software - especially if you have a 24/7 club

Reviewed on 2017/12/21

Pros

I have used other Club Management Software at my facility in the past and I have done a lot of trials/demos of other software. GymMaster really is the best available - in my opinion. If you own a club, you owe it to yourself to do a demo.

Door access system is super reliable and has lots of great features (such as Tailgating recognition) to help you manage 24/7 access.

Developers are very good at helping with custom needs. They did a custom project for me in the beginning - the price was very reasonable and it has turned out better than I had hoped for. There have also been several times when I needed a small change made to a report or a setting - they were able to help me out quickly and free of charge.

Customer service is great - you are not going to find this level of customer service in many other companies.

Integrated billing is easy to use and works great - makes life easy.

There are a ton of options in the settings that allow me to set everything up in a way that works best for my specific club. There is a great degree of control over how everything functions in the software.

The software is getting new features all the time. Just in the last year I have seen a lot of great features added.

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, Barret. We're absolutely delighted to see your recommendation of GymMaster - it is exactly what we are striving for!

Are

AN EXTRAORDINARY SOFTWARE & PROFESSIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM.

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

Where do I start?

Where do I start?

My overall experience with the GymMaster system, was daunting at first. I had NO IDEA!

However, the Gym Master team have been amazing, their attitude were exceptional by ways of:
1. Helping - Understanding my needs of learning GymMaster.
2. Patience - Giving me the opportunity get better at it and learning from my mistakes.
3. Willingness - to assist after hours, even they have finished work for the day.
4. Follow up - getting back to me regarding an existing Problem.
5. Staff and client recognition - knowing who their clients are and creating Rapport, and building confidence in me to understand GymMaster.
6. Thank you - representatives and some I may have forgotten (sorry) for listening, understanding and offering me guidance to be a GymMaster operator in my business.

Pros

The GymMaster software is user friendly with a simple interface that shows everything about a member at first glance. The folders are well labeled and easy to follow prompts and dropdown boxes.

The GymMaster is an amazing tracker of clients and bookings, as well as memberships.
Every gym should adopt this software for piece of mind.

Cons

It's not a major thing. I mean, off the record.

Time difference calling from AU, NSW at 7pm, and it's 11pm in NZ when they're closed. But, I totally understood, some things cannot be done.
I'm a Kiwi myself.

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Hi Ar'e
Thank you for such a glowing review. We are thrilled to hear the system is so user friendly as we do try to ensure it's intuitive for our clients.
As you have found first hand we have an amazing support team here. We are expanding the team internationally to ensure all time zones will be covered for support when you need it.
We certainly wish you all the best and look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Michael

GymMaster - a true pleasure

Reviewed on 2020/06/30

We control our business with GymMaster and as a small business owner, it doesn't get any more important than that. The technical staff are always available and very helpful. My experience with them is superior to many other software companies I have used in the past. GymMaster gives us insight into billings, facility usage, membership information, and even provides a portal to contact our member en masse as we had to with recent COVID-19 activities. I truly feel that they value our relationship and that speaks volumes to us. I would choose GymMaster again and again, and would freely recommend it.

Pros

GymMaster is quite easy to use and very robust. Its functionality goes above and beyond. We are able to track membership activity very quickly and painlessly. The controls within the system are much appreciated. My staff is frequently offered tutorials for use of the software and understanding any.al upgrades.

Cons

Cannot think of any cons to this software. None at all.

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Hi Michael
Thank you for the wonderful feedback, we are pleased to hear the system has provided a great tool for your business.

We have a great support team who are always here for any queries you may have.

Look forward to working with you as you expand and grow.

Robert

Amazing

Reviewed on 2019/07/04

Pros

Ease of use. Value for the money. It made my job easy

Cons

The thing I like the least was that you had to have Internet to update profiles

Mindbody

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Hi Robert! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this wonderful feedback - it's great to hear we have made your life easier as a club owner.

GymMaster requires an internet connection to synchronise your profile updates with the system. This ensures your important information is always up-to-date every time you log in from your computer, tablet or phone or if you have multiple users logged in and using the system simultaneously

Alan
  • Industry: Music

I love "The Bash" formerly known as "Gigmasters"

Reviewed on 2021/02/16

OOps - I thought this was "GIGMASTERS" not GymMasters. My bad.!

OOps - I thought this was "GIGMASTERS" not GymMasters. My bad.!

Pros

I have twelve different advertisements with Gigmasters (The Bash) and get a vast amount of work from this software company. They have excellent customer service and are set up to do what the performing artist needs - video, photos, written descriptions - the questions they ask the client are about 80-85% of all the info I ever need to get the gig proposal done correctly, and they allow you to keep copies of your proposals on their server for future use. LOVE this product!

Cons

Because I have twelve ads with them in different regions, they don't give me as many specifics as I might like in their "notice to me" that I have an inquiry, but this means I have to open the notice they send me and look at it to find out what services the client wants.

Bill

Having the Gymmaster system in my fitness center has been great! It's been extremely helpful.

Reviewed on 2018/03/28

Pros

keeps track of all my members easily. I know who's fees are due and the system deactivates their key fob automatically so that there are no unauthorized entries. The 24/7 key system has cut back on payroll costs and brought in many new members. The software can be accessed from any computer or phone with web access. I can even lock and unlock my front door from my phone.

Cons

Can't think of any cons. The system has been running great and I'll continue to use it as long as the company is active

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Hi Bill, thank you so much for the great feedback.
It's wonderful to hear GymMaster has been able to serve its purpose from capturing member details, management of fees through to 24/7 access.
Providing access from the web has certainly made a difference to our clients giving them the freedom to manage the facility from anywhere.

Brianna

HORRIBLE!!! Do not use if in the United States!

Reviewed on 2018/07/17

You need better support. When you delay companies days of incoming revenue, you no longer are an asset but a huge liability that we are paying to have!

Must do better! I am terribly terribly disappointed, and upset that I allowed our developer to present this as an option.

Pros

New to the service, and have yet to see one positive thing follow through. We cannot even get this thing to work!

Cons

1. Company is located in New Zealand, they do not have sales/support to assist with US clients during their regular business hours!
2. Invested in all materials (Ipads, marketing, etc) to find out the application does not work on Ipads!
3. Some one always has to call you back, they never know how to solve a problem on spot, it takes hours, or days for an answer!
4. So much more! I am furious

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Hi Brianna

We're sorry for the delayed response and that you had an unsatisfactory experience with us.

GymMaster's support hours are 10am to 11pm Pacific time, which is displayed on our website and within the software itself. We do acknowledge there is limited support outside these hours, however, we also offer an emergency after hours contact for our client's with more time sensitive issues.

We aim to provide solutions to our client's support issues within one business day.

With regard to the issues experienced with GymMaster on your tablet, we recognize there are some limitations of the platform for certain browsers which may have been the cause.

Fortunately we do offer dedicated apps for both staff and members which are designed specifically for use on mobile and tablet devices.

Renee

Thanks and hopefully see you again.

Reviewed on 2022/09/12

It was great. Good
Communication and support.

It was great. Good
Communication and support.

Pros

We liked the seamlessness of membership sign up and swipe access assignment.

Cons

It was challenging werent able to fully integrate with debit success.

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Renee, thanks for taking the time to leave us this feedback. Glad to hear you're enjoying the streamlined experience our fully integrated 24/7 access system has to offer.

Thanks for your note on the billing provider front, hopefully you found a solution that suits from the range of other providers we have on offer.

Be sure to get in touch with support should you need any assistance with this, or any other requirements for your gym!

Thanks again

Chris

Great customer service. Very user-friendly.

Reviewed on 2018/03/04

Pros

Gym Master ability to track customers and manage memberships has been a success in our Dojo. Report features have enabled us to increase our retention. Email function to keep in contact with our students has made it easier to communicate keeping up with today's new trend of communication. Customization features are great it making it easy to create several different memberships to meet my students needs.

Cons

As of now, I have not run into any problems with the software. The only thing to be aware of is SMS is a separate fee. Keeping that in mind you should have no problems with this software.

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Hi Chris, we're over the moon to hear that GymMaster's given you so many benefits! We look forward to continuing to work with you well into the future.

Lee
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Gymmaster

Reviewed on 2017/02/11

We have been using gymmaster for about 6 years and it has been an excellent product, easy to use, easy to tailor to our circumstances, staff need very little training to use, reliable and updates. Customer service has been excellent and beyond my expectation. Any technical problems have been dealt with remotely by gymmaster. I would definitely recommend them.

No down time
Updates remotely
Fantastic back up from service staff/tech staff

Cons

Nothing springs to mind, we probably don't use it to its full potential

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Hi Lee! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a glowing review! We look forward to continuing working with you well into the future

Carron

A good value, easy to use,fully equipped membership system with excellent customer support.

Reviewed on 2017/05/18

Very easy to use, accurately monitored the members visits and fees and the reports created saved a lot of time.

Pros

It had every thing I needed to run a small personal training gym.
Used this system throughout the existence of our gym (quite a few years) and the price remained the same throughout.
My queries were always answered immediately and the support was excellent.

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Hi Carron, thank you for taking the time to review GymMaster. We've really enjoyed having you on board the last three and a half years, and wish you all the very best in your future endeavours.

Jarryd

Innovative

Reviewed on 2017/11/27

Pros

They are working hard to customize features to suit different types of business. No request is ever denied without careful consideration. and the customer service is quick at answering

Cons

Sometimes the hardware fails, however, the new update has been great. The biggest con about this software is the reporting is inaccurate.

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Hi Jarryd, thanks for your kind words, we really do pride ourselves on the development of GymMaster being driven by our clients.
We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing inaccuracies with your reporting - and would love to get this sorted for you as quickly as possible. Please send us an email to [email protected] with details of your issue so we can get your reporting back on track!
- Fiona

Chris

Very supportive of someone who is not great with technology

Reviewed on 2017/06/29

Pros

The GymMaster System is very easy to use
The software is very intuitive to use.
The client file information is stored in a very readable format

Cons

The only frustration that I have is that in the area of notes. In the previous versions all of the notes were able to be read in one block. Now there are a series of notes which makes it difficult to read quickly.

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Hi Chris, thanks for your wonderful review! We'll be updating the notes section in the next release to make them easier to be read quickly :)

MATTHEW

Great company to work with, and great product for the money.

Reviewed on 2018/02/23

Pros

The software is very user friendly. It is also fairly easy to navigate. If you need help with something there staff is very helpful and quick to respond. Anytime I have had a issue the tech support had it resolved very quickly

Cons

Had some problems with the software communicating to the database once in a while but that got better over time. At first when we had to input the programs with dates it was a little difficult to figure out but that improved as we continued to use the system. Just a lack of experience

Response from Treshna Enterprises

Hi Matt
Thank you for taking the time to give us some great feedback. At GymMaster we do strive to always improve the system so our customers get a better experience. Our support team are always ready to assist.
Wish you all the best and don't hesitate to contact us if we can help in any way.
Regards, GymMaster