EZCare

Online childcare software that makes working remotely easy.

4,5
4,5
4,4
4,4
4,8
Tara L.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great for child care centers

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Pros

This is so easy to use and manage child care facilities.

Cons

We often run into issues with the program crashing.

Response from SofterWare

Hi Tara,
Thank you for taking the survey. I am glad to hear that you find the system easy to use. Your organization currently has the installed version of EZCare which is installed on your servers. Your IT person would best be able to determine what is causing the servers issues.We do have a Hosted Version of EZCare which is stored on our servers and a Cloud Version. If I can answer any questions for you I can be reached at (800) 220-3537.
Regards,
Ellen Molon,
Client Relations Specialist

Carol H.
Industry: Education Management

EZ Care makes my job easier

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

Pros

I like that EZ Care is always making improvements for its users. They have been able to adapt to the changing work place and practices during Covid. The online payments and EZ Smiles makes it easier for parents to pay for their before and aftercare services.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that you can not customize the reports.

Sandy P.
Industry: Consumer Services

UNezcare is the True Name

Reviewed on 2018/02/18
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

They charged me for the online monthly billing from parents although I was never able to use it. I've asked them to stop charging me for the online monthly billing (parents pay their tuition fees) but they continued to charge me for something I could never use.

Pros

My customers could sign up online. Other than that the software isn't worth the monthly fees charged. There are other softwares out there that are much easier for you and your parents to use.

Cons

Online version is very small to read. Their IT people could not get it working. They blamed my computers. I told them to put it on a computer and send to me with a bill for the computer. They wouldn't do it. I had to sign in and go to a special setting to make larger then scroll all over to the different views. They expected me to provide this to working parents in a hurry to drop off their children at sign in. They continued making excuses, as I offered a solution they wouldn't accommodate since they knew their software was a problem on newer computers.

Response from Sam

Hello Sandy, we're sorry to hear you're not satisfied with the hosted desktop version of our software. Our client relations department has requested a refund for the online monthly billing fees for February; it was an oversight during the process of cancelling your subscription, and we apologize for the inconvenience. As for the other issue, the hosted desktop version is not optimized for your resolution, though we were able to get most of the functionality to show up for you at that size except some tabs. We received your request to ship two new laptops. Our focus is on software, not hardware, so we don't provide or sell them. If there was any misunderstanding about these issues, we apologize. The new web-based version, EZCare, may have a better option for your center. Please reach out to our client relations team if there is anything else we can do.

Tonya H.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

User Friendly Child Care Software

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

My organization has found EZCare online child care software to be more than capable of handling our mid-size center's daily needs.

Pros

EZCare online child care software is very user friendly with additional features being rolled out regularly. The development team listens to user feedback and often takes steps to implement user suggestions.

Cons

Available system reports are somewhat limited. However, customized reporting is being introduced and new system reports are being added regularly.

Erin B.

Beyond inpressed

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

1000% happy!

Pros

We came from a company/software that was not user friendly (for staff or parents). We were overwhelmed with happiness and joy when we made the switch. During the first 2 weeks of use, the staff was calling each other saying "wow" or "did you know we can now do xyz".

The onboarding process was smooth and EZCare kept us updated of the progress. In addition, the live training (via webinars) was informative and the trainer was very knowledgeable. Finally, the "community" section of the software is a large library of help and tutorial videos, that allowed you to learn at your own pace or to choose what areas you might have clarifying questions on.

What we like most? Everything! However, if I had to choose, it would be the experience the Parents have when registering (we are online only). It looks professional and it is user friendly. We opened registration in May, and we did not have ONE person who called with a complaint or questions on how to register (that has never happened before). Additionally, the Parent Portal ease to make payments, update payment information, make updates to accounts and seeing their child(ren)'s schedules.

Cons

We have limited space at each of sites, with a large number of students that "need care". Therefore, we open registration at a specific time to allow a chance for all to gain a spot. It would nice to have a feature, to set a "go live" time on the registration link.

We also would love to see "coupon codes". We do promotions throughout the year; registration fee waived, $10 off non school day, etc.

Finally, it would be cool to have a section on the parent portal to upload documents, such as Parent Handbook, flyers of upcoming events or Permission slips that need a signature.

Cheryl W.

EZCare Online

Reviewed on 2020/09/10

I have had a great experience with EZCare. Having a payment portal on our website has helped tremendously with online payments.

Pros

I like the ease of use with the software. I like that it is web based and accessible wherever I may be and that my information is backed up daily.

Cons

I miss being able to customize reports. Hoping that the custom report writer will be completed soon and that I will be able to customize reports in all areas.

Anita H.
Industry: Religious Institutions

EZCare is an excellent child care software

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

Using EZCare has made keeping track of the tuition and payments so easy.

Pros

I like the ability to keep track of everything we need to know about the child. I like being able to access it online so I can go to it from wherever I am.

Cons

It will be great when the ability to create reports is completely finished.

Laura R.

All good

Reviewed on 2020/10/26

It is great

Pros

It is easy to use and if you have a problem support is a phone call away. The support team is very knowledgable and fix the problem. It is great.

Cons

A little expensive and does not write checks or have some of the reports I am use to.

Sarah N.

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

Pros

It was a pretty simple program to use. Any problems I had, support was great to help!

Cons

I wish there were more short cuts. With EZCare 2, I was able to copy and paste rows and now I cannot.

Industry: Education Management

EZCare is an incredible preschool software

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Overall it's been a great software and they continue to improve. They're open to suggestions from the public who use the software. We've seen an increase in our time management by not having to enter every single piece of information on an account and allow the WebLink form online enrollment to handle this.

Pros

We use EZCare for the preschool located on our church campus and transitioned to it from CCM. It has an incredible way of handling family information and the fact that it's cloud-based is a HUGE plus. Our preschool workers would have to come in on snow days and log in just to send emails or texts out to parents about the snow day. Now they can send those texts/emails from the comfort of their home.

The switching of paradigms when moving from CCM to EZCare was a tough curve to get over, but EZCare has a great implementation team that teaches you along the way how to use the system that you've helped create. I like how EZCare is able to meet what you need out of a system and not restrict what's needed to one specific pattern.

While making it easy on the teachers/workers, it also helps parents with the parent portal. You can use this as a parent to make changes to your child's information on file in the system, and set up payment information/make payments. As a worker, you can use this portal to also record information. Also, online enrollment is AWESOME!

Cons

So far the only con we've had is that it did take a while to understand the changes from CCM to EZCare in how billing was processed, information was entered on accounts, etc. But truly the training team does a great job in helping you to understand through that.

Response from SofterWare

Thank you for the wonderful review. Glad to hear how much you are enjoying using EZCare. I love that your teachers/workers and parents are liking the system, and that you have found online enrollment to be awesome.
Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist.

Melissa G.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

EZ-Care is EZ!

Reviewed on 2017/01/12

I cannot recommend EZ-Care enough! It is the easiest software program I have used to manage our childcare sites. We have eight childcare locations that I (the accounting specialist) manage. The ability to connect all of our programs is wonderful! This software is user friendly and allows us to focus on what is really important, the kids in our care!

One of my favorite things about this program is the ability to customize it however you need to. You can add fields that are important to you. Other programs I have used required the company to create the fields and they charge a fee per field added. EZ-Care allows unlimited fields and you have the ability to create them yourself.

EZ-Care also allows you to create your own reports which is extremely helpful! You can create them to include any of the fields you have created. We use these for rosters, balance dues, staff training, medical, health care plans, assessments, extra-curricular classes, etc.

EZ-Care has also made billing extremely simple! Majority of our families are on our EFT draft (process all payments with the few clicks of your mouse) but we also have Insta-Charge (ability to run payments instantly in the system) and Click to Pay (online bill pay). These functions have dropped our time of manually inputting cash payments and checks down to 1%!

With a program this wonderful, we haven't needed support all that often, but when we do, they are AMAZING! They have the friendliest, most helpful customer service I have ever interacted with. Not only do they help with whatever issue we are having, they also often offer ideas or tips on how to do something easier or better.

I highly recommend this software to everybody! After working with it for eleven years, I haven't found anything it couldn't do that I needed!

Pros

user friendly, billing, reports, time saver

Cons

n/a

Danielle P.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Fantastic Program / Top Notch Customer Service & Training!!

Reviewed on 2016/10/14

This software is oustanding! We have been a user for many years! The upgrades and options to streamline day to day billing and A/R functions - continue to save both parents and our administration hours upon hours! The options are ENDLESS with EzCare! The ability to customize the software to your centers needs is the best feature. As we all know, in the Early Childhood / Extended Day world - times change, rates change, schedules change, staff changes (as all these are happening constantly) -- with a quick click or two - EzCare is there to make day to day functions transition with you without a problem!
The Support staff and training offered are helpful beyond description - from the knowledge base online, to the online support request options, to the phone support - they are always there to help solve ANY question with EASE! When we wonder, "how could I do this... ?" , a quick phone call to support and they are there to trouble shoot -- even logging right into my system to walk us through it step by step.
We love EZCare - and would HIGHLY recommend this software .

Pros

Ease of use , Dynamic Support System, Training & webinars, Customizable to your Center's ever changing needs -

Cons

There isn't anything NOT to like about this software!

Elsie H.

EZ Care experience at KK

Reviewed on 2018/12/26

I use EZCARE at Kiddie Kollege, a small daycare center, to post payments, enter clients information, and post tuition. I use it to help email invoices to parents so that they may keep track of their balances. It also provides them a statement to use for tax purposes. This has taken a lot of work off the owner.

Pros

EZCARE is easy to learn. As a new user 3 years ago, I was not sure if I would be successful. But once I began to enter date and payments as well as posting tuition, I realized that the program is user friendly.

Cons

I have only had one question that I would like more support for and that is changing the way some of the form I use look. Changing the forms required some steps that I am not familiar with.

Response from SofterWare

Elsie, thank you for the awesome review of EZCare hosted child care system. I am thrilled to hear about your success with the system. :) The support team would be happy to assist you with any questions you may have when working in EZCare and the forms you are using. They can be reached at (800) 220-2229. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Asher A.

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

Over all it does what we need it to do. The few items that I listed above, I feel, would make the job run smoother.

Pros

It's fairly easy to use. Helps to keep our families information well organized.

Cons

There are a couple of things that would help make emails and ledger run smoother. I don't like how I can not go back to the family tab or ledger while sending invoices. I can not move the screen for emails over to look back at ledger for reference without closing the email screen. Then when I pull it back up I have to retype everything. If there can be a way to have more functionality between screen without have to close them, would be a big help. Also, spell check for emails should be added.

Response from SofterWare

We are so glad to hear you find the system easy to use and it has helped organize your information. Many of the features in the system come from clients suggestions. We would love to hear from you in the Client Relations Department We can be reached at (800) 220-3537. Thank you so much for your review! It is appreciated.

Jennifer W.

EZCare really is EZ!

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

Parents love the ease of us being able to quickly pull up any information on their child/children, in case it needs to change, or if they need a copy of something. Of course, we wish we were on the version that offers the Parent Portal, so they could do those things themselves.....but our Business Office is too stingy to pay the extra cost. We also love being able to offer card payments, rather than just checks or cash.

Pros

Easy to learn and operate, even when updates and changes come along.

Cons

The ONLY thing I miss about the program we used to use is the automatic Tuition Posting when we opened the program each Monday morning. We have to remember to manually post tuition each Monday, which can get a little dicey, depending on how the day starts out!

Response from SofterWare

Thank you for the wonderful review of our desktop version of EZCare. I am glad to hear that you find the system easy to learn and use! When your ready to move to the version with the Parent Portal let us know. :) Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Jasmine H.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

EZ-CARE Review

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

Pros

Easy to learn, easy to find what ever I was looking like when I was looking to do a report, or last day for attendance , first day of starting, posting payments, emailing the ledgers to the parents. Easy to ready the ledgers ( for me) and explain the accounts to the parents, Support team are very helpful , every time I call I learn a lot from them.

Cons

Slowing down in the afternoons (in our time, California) a lot used to be a lot, but now it's getting better,
it's not easy to put the parents or children's pictures, I like it to be easier.

Response from SofterWare

Thank you, Jasmine, for taking your time to review EZCare's hosted system. I am glad to hear you are finding the system easy to use. Please reach out to the technical support department about the slowness you are experiencing with your system. The Support Team is always happy to help with any questions you may have. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Andrea B.
Industry: Education Management

EZ Care has made a world of difference in our Center!

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

It’s been wonderful! Support is so helpful and kind. I am organized and I can plan ahead far better than in the past.

Pros

All of our families information is in one place! I can project my numbers and see where I have space. I can see what I will be billing out in advance. I am able to build and tweak the system to meet my exact needs!

Cons

There are too many clicks to change schedules. I wish I could copy and paste!

I can’t email both family contacts at once to include them in my center emails.

I never know if my web registration is done uploading because I have to refresh it to make the screen change.

Response from SofterWare

Andrea, Thank you for taking your time to complete the review of EZCare online child care software. I love to hear that EZ Care has made a world of difference in your Center! It sounds like you've got a great idea to improve EZCare that would save lots of time. We take customer suggestions very seriously and review the Suggest & Vote site regularly when planning our product roadmaps. In 2018, we completed many clients suggested improvements from our Suggest & Vote site. If you need help entering that idea, we would be happy to assist, The Client Relations Team can be reached at (800) 220-3537. We look forward to speaking with you. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Diana H.
Industry: Education Management

EZCare is a great software

Reviewed on 2019/03/18

I have used EZCare for about 30 years. The program makes our center run smoothly, the option to store almost any information in the database makes it easy to quickly access information, like immunizations, to complete a report.

Pros

The online version is great I can access the program from anywhere. The tech support is very helpful and will help you step by step when you want to make reports or have a problem. The option to merge information into forms makes sending notices to parents quick and easy. The program is customized for what your center needs. I love the program and as time passes it only gets better.

Cons

I can't think of anything I do not like.

Response from SofterWare

Diana, . I am thrilled to hear how much you enjoy using EZCare. Thank you for your continued business over the years. Anytime you have any questions our support team is happy to help. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Pros

I loved how much information can be added onto each page as needed. I also loved all the different reports that could be made using all the different information entered. This system keeps students accounted for and keeps track of their information seamlessly. Also, the customer service was always phenomenal whenever assistance was needed.

Cons

The only downfall was getting used to making reports. The first few times were challenging to figure out alignment, correct info needed, and other things. But, I would just hop on the phone and a representative was there to assist me and help finish the report.

Response from SofterWare

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of EZCare hosted system. Glad to read how much you love the system. Anytime you have questions the support team is happy to help. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Marcee R.
Industry: Education Management

EZCare - great product, great support

Reviewed on 2020/06/10

The EZCare online child care software is powerful and easy to use, but the best feature is the great support team of trainers and developers who continue to improve the features in response to the needs of the users.

Pros

The system is very easy to use and when I have questions or need something from the data that doesn't have a standard report, the support team is great in helping guide me through the process. The search functions to pull up information on families, to send out invoices and emails are all easy to use. The development team is very responsive to creating new forms and setting up new integrations.

Cons

As a person who joined the staff after the initial implementation, I am discovering there are things I would have set up differently and there is a learning curve for me on making those adjustments. The software has many great features and our school is just now beginning to understand and make use of, however the support and training teams are helping with that.

Amy R.

I love ezcare and have been a client since the late eighties.

Reviewed on 2009/06/12

I love ezcare and have been a client since the late eighties. This is the only center management software that I have ever used, or would ever recommend--I believe softerware has has been doing this longer than anyone and their experience shows in a superior product, and excellent customer service. The old DOS version that I was using was still adequate, however the developments over the past 15 years or so have made a great program even better! The software is truly easy to use, and if you get stuck, the support team will "hold your hand" until you figure it out--they are without a doubt the most helpful software support I have ever dealt with.

Pros

Does so much more than my old DOS ezcare program! Being able to bill parents and subsidy programs separately has made life much easier. Now we know how much the parents actually owe, and how much our subsidy programs are responsible for. Billing in gereral is so much more streamlined--it is literally something that can be done now in about 5 minutes! I also love being able to link directly to parent's e-mail addresses. The report wizard makes it simple to customize reports, and the cabinet/drawer system allows for so much flexibility in data management. We also purchased the time clock component which has the capacity to simplify billing and payroll even further. The Church administrator/Treasurer is impressed with all of the different types of information the reports can generate, and loves that he can get his information now in excel format! I also really enjoyed the webinars!

Cons

I was a little surprised at how much data entry was necessary even with the personalized data backup! We still have not caught up on entering immunization information! The staff drawer was also completely empty, so although you're not starting from scratch, you are definitely not transferring as much data as you think you are.

Katie C.

We Love EZ CARE2

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

I have appreciated the updates we have received through the years and the innovations we now enjoy. However, I had thought that by being hosted, there would be more updates more often. EZ2 is a great program for our needs and overall we have enjoyed using it.

Customer service is top notch and everyone is great to work with. We don't hesitate to call support when needed.

Looking forward to the new update soon!

Pros

Billing and payments have really made the difference in our monthly bottom line.

Having an up to date database of children and families is invaluable!

Cons

Simple features like cutting and pasting are not normal and therefore challenging.

We would like to be able to add attachments to blast emails.

Camille S.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

EZCare EZ2USE

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Pros

This program is very easy to use. I have used this software program for some time now and over the years, features have been added to adapt to the way consumers pay for services. I love the Insta-Charge feature that enables our clerks to take payments on the spot. The information on each tab is easy to read and assess the information needed.

Cons

While there are many pre-made reports that can be modified, it is somewhat limited on the ability to create personalized reports. However, I believe EZCare is coming out with a new generation of software that is supposed to address this issue.

Response from SofterWare

Camille, Thank you for the awesome review. I love your title " EZ2USE". Glad to read how much you enjoy the system! Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Julia D.
Industry: Education Management

EZCare- Great Customer Support!

Reviewed on 2020/11/25

I've used them for over 10 years- the upgrades over the years have been fantastic.

Pros

Customer support is great. The wait time is never over 5 minutes and all of the people know what they are talking about. In the rare occasion that they can't resolve an issue while on the phone, they follow up within 24 hours to let you know where they are on finding a resolution. I don't ever dread calling the support line!

Cons

There are a couple little things that seem cumbersome (i.e. you can't cut and paste time ranges in the schedule, instead you have to set each range using their clock feature). There is a good chance that there is a work-around for some of these little things, though, and I just have not figured them out yet!

Kyley H.

EzCare

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

Customer support is great! Someone is always there to help support and answer any questions I may have.

Pros

I have been using Ezcare since it was a downloadable software. I have loved the switch over to the web version and being able to log in from anywhere. The program is user friendly and saves tons of time on my billing and tuition process.

Cons

Not as many reports available yet but they continue to add more all the time.

Response from SofterWare

Kyley, Thank you for the awesome review of EZCare. You will see more and more reports being added to the system. :) I will let the Support Team know how much you appreciate them. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist.