EZSmiles Reviews

EZSmiles

Mobile family engagement that's fast, easy and paper free

4.5/5 (134 reviews)

EZCare is an incredible preschool software

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Overall it's been a great software and they continue to improve. They're open to suggestions from the public who use the software. We've seen an increase in our time management by not having to enter every single piece of information on an account and allow the WebLink form online enrollment to handle this.

Pros

We use EZCare for the preschool located on our church campus and transitioned to it from CCM. It has an incredible way of handling family information and the fact that it's cloud-based is a HUGE plus. Our preschool workers would have to come in on snow days and log in just to send emails or texts out to parents about the snow day. Now they can send those texts/emails from the comfort of their home.

The switching of paradigms when moving from CCM to EZCare was a tough curve to get over, but EZCare has a great implementation team that teaches you along the way how to use the system that you've helped create. I like how EZCare is able to meet what you need out of a system and not restrict what's needed to one specific pattern.

While making it easy on the teachers/workers, it also helps parents with the parent portal. You can use this as a parent to make changes to your child's information on file in the system, and set up payment information/make payments. As a worker, you can use this portal to also record information. Also, online enrollment is AWESOME!

Cons

So far the only con we've had is that it did take a while to understand the changes from CCM to EZCare in how billing was processed, information was entered on accounts, etc. But truly the training team does a great job in helping you to understand through that.

Response from SofterWare

Thank you for the wonderful review. Glad to hear how much you are enjoying using EZCare. I love that your teachers/workers and parents are liking the system, and that you have found online enrollment to be awesome.
Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist.

Melissa G.

EZ-Care is EZ!

Reviewed on 2017/01/12

I cannot recommend EZ-Care enough! It is the easiest software program I have used to manage our childcare sites. We have eight childcare locations that I (the accounting specialist) manage. The ability to connect all of our programs is wonderful! This software is user friendly and allows us to focus on what is really important, the kids in our care!

One of my favorite things about this program is the ability to customize it however you need to. You can add fields that are important to you. Other programs I have used required the company to create the fields and they charge a fee per field added. EZ-Care allows unlimited fields and you have the ability to create them yourself.

EZ-Care also allows you to create your own reports which is extremely helpful! You can create them to include any of the fields you have created. We use these for rosters, balance dues, staff training, medical, health care plans, assessments, extra-curricular classes, etc.

EZ-Care has also made billing extremely simple! Majority of our families are on our EFT draft (process all payments with the few clicks of your mouse) but we also have Insta-Charge (ability to run payments instantly in the system) and Click to Pay (online bill pay). These functions have dropped our time of manually inputting cash payments and checks down to 1%!

With a program this wonderful, we haven't needed support all that often, but when we do, they are AMAZING! They have the friendliest, most helpful customer service I have ever interacted with. Not only do they help with whatever issue we are having, they also often offer ideas or tips on how to do something easier or better.

I highly recommend this software to everybody! After working with it for eleven years, I haven't found anything it couldn't do that I needed!

Pros

user friendly, billing, reports, time saver

Cons

n/a

Danielle P.

Fantastic Program / Top Notch Customer Service & Training!!

Reviewed on 2016/10/14

This software is oustanding! We have been a user for many years! The upgrades and options to streamline day to day billing and A/R functions - continue to save both parents and our administration hours upon hours! The options are ENDLESS with EzCare! The ability to customize the software to your centers needs is the best feature. As we all know, in the Early Childhood / Extended Day world - times change, rates change, schedules change, staff changes (as all these are happening constantly) -- with a quick click or two - EzCare is there to make day to day functions transition with you without a problem!
The Support staff and training offered are helpful beyond description - from the knowledge base online, to the online support request options, to the phone support - they are always there to help solve ANY question with EASE! When we wonder, "how could I do this... ?" , a quick phone call to support and they are there to trouble shoot -- even logging right into my system to walk us through it step by step.
We love EZCare - and would HIGHLY recommend this software .

Pros

Ease of use , Dynamic Support System, Training & webinars, Customizable to your Center's ever changing needs -

Cons

There isn't anything NOT to like about this software!

Elsie H.

EZ Care experience at KK

Reviewed on 2018/12/26

I use EZCARE at Kiddie Kollege, a small daycare center, to post payments, enter clients information, and post tuition. I use it to help email invoices to parents so that they may keep track of their balances. It also provides them a statement to use for tax purposes. This has taken a lot of work off the owner.

Pros

EZCARE is easy to learn. As a new user 3 years ago, I was not sure if I would be successful. But once I began to enter date and payments as well as posting tuition, I realized that the program is user friendly.

Cons

I have only had one question that I would like more support for and that is changing the way some of the form I use look. Changing the forms required some steps that I am not familiar with.

Response from SofterWare

Elsie, thank you for the awesome review of EZCare hosted child care system. I am thrilled to hear about your success with the system. :) The support team would be happy to assist you with any questions you may have when working in EZCare and the forms you are using. They can be reached at (800) 220-2229. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Asher A.

EZCare Review

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

Over all it does what we need it to do. The few items that I listed above, I feel, would make the job run smoother.

Pros

It's fairly easy to use. Helps to keep our families information well organized.

Cons

There are a couple of things that would help make emails and ledger run smoother. I don't like how I can not go back to the family tab or ledger while sending invoices. I can not move the screen for emails over to look back at ledger for reference without closing the email screen. Then when I pull it back up I have to retype everything. If there can be a way to have more functionality between screen without have to close them, would be a big help. Also, spell check for emails should be added.

Response from SofterWare

We are so glad to hear you find the system easy to use and it has helped organize your information. Many of the features in the system come from clients suggestions. We would love to hear from you in the Client Relations Department We can be reached at (800) 220-3537. Thank you so much for your review! It is appreciated.

Jasmine H.

EZ-CARE Review

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

Pros

Easy to learn, easy to find what ever I was looking like when I was looking to do a report, or last day for attendance , first day of starting, posting payments, emailing the ledgers to the parents. Easy to ready the ledgers ( for me) and explain the accounts to the parents, Support team are very helpful , every time I call I learn a lot from them.

Cons

Slowing down in the afternoons (in our time, California) a lot used to be a lot, but now it's getting better,
it's not easy to put the parents or children's pictures, I like it to be easier.

Response from SofterWare

Thank you, Jasmine, for taking your time to review EZCare's hosted system. I am glad to hear you are finding the system easy to use. Please reach out to the technical support department about the slowness you are experiencing with your system. The Support Team is always happy to help with any questions you may have. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Andrea B.

EZ Care has made a world of difference in our Center!

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

It’s been wonderful! Support is so helpful and kind. I am organized and I can plan ahead far better than in the past.

Pros

All of our families information is in one place! I can project my numbers and see where I have space. I can see what I will be billing out in advance. I am able to build and tweak the system to meet my exact needs!

Cons

There are too many clicks to change schedules. I wish I could copy and paste!

I can’t email both family contacts at once to include them in my center emails.

I never know if my web registration is done uploading because I have to refresh it to make the screen change.

Response from SofterWare

Andrea, Thank you for taking your time to complete the review of EZCare online child care software. I love to hear that EZ Care has made a world of difference in your Center! It sounds like you've got a great idea to improve EZCare that would save lots of time. We take customer suggestions very seriously and review the Suggest & Vote site regularly when planning our product roadmaps. In 2018, we completed many clients suggested improvements from our Suggest & Vote site. If you need help entering that idea, we would be happy to assist, The Client Relations Team can be reached at (800) 220-3537. We look forward to speaking with you. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Diana H.

EZCare is a great software

Reviewed on 2019/03/18

I have used EZCare for about 30 years. The program makes our center run smoothly, the option to store almost any information in the database makes it easy to quickly access information, like immunizations, to complete a report.

Pros

The online version is great I can access the program from anywhere. The tech support is very helpful and will help you step by step when you want to make reports or have a problem. The option to merge information into forms makes sending notices to parents quick and easy. The program is customized for what your center needs. I love the program and as time passes it only gets better.

Cons

I can't think of anything I do not like.

Response from SofterWare

Diana, . I am thrilled to hear how much you enjoy using EZCare. Thank you for your continued business over the years. Anytime you have any questions our support team is happy to help. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

EZCare Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Pros

I loved how much information can be added onto each page as needed. I also loved all the different reports that could be made using all the different information entered. This system keeps students accounted for and keeps track of their information seamlessly. Also, the customer service was always phenomenal whenever assistance was needed.

Cons

The only downfall was getting used to making reports. The first few times were challenging to figure out alignment, correct info needed, and other things. But, I would just hop on the phone and a representative was there to assist me and help finish the report.

Response from SofterWare

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of EZCare hosted system. Glad to read how much you love the system. Anytime you have questions the support team is happy to help. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Amy R.

I love ezcare and have been a client since the late eighties.

Reviewed on 2009/06/12

I love ezcare and have been a client since the late eighties. This is the only center management software that I have ever used, or would ever recommend--I believe softerware has has been doing this longer than anyone and their experience shows in a superior product, and excellent customer service. The old DOS version that I was using was still adequate, however the developments over the past 15 years or so have made a great program even better! The software is truly easy to use, and if you get stuck, the support team will "hold your hand" until you figure it out--they are without a doubt the most helpful software support I have ever dealt with.

Pros

Does so much more than my old DOS ezcare program! Being able to bill parents and subsidy programs separately has made life much easier. Now we know how much the parents actually owe, and how much our subsidy programs are responsible for. Billing in gereral is so much more streamlined--it is literally something that can be done now in about 5 minutes! I also love being able to link directly to parent's e-mail addresses. The report wizard makes it simple to customize reports, and the cabinet/drawer system allows for so much flexibility in data management. We also purchased the time clock component which has the capacity to simplify billing and payroll even further. The Church administrator/Treasurer is impressed with all of the different types of information the reports can generate, and loves that he can get his information now in excel format! I also really enjoyed the webinars!

Cons

I was a little surprised at how much data entry was necessary even with the personalized data backup! We still have not caught up on entering immunization information! The staff drawer was also completely empty, so although you're not starting from scratch, you are definitely not transferring as much data as you think you are.

Katie C.

We Love EZ CARE2

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

I have appreciated the updates we have received through the years and the innovations we now enjoy. However, I had thought that by being hosted, there would be more updates more often. EZ2 is a great program for our needs and overall we have enjoyed using it.

Customer service is top notch and everyone is great to work with. We don't hesitate to call support when needed.

Looking forward to the new update soon!

Pros

Billing and payments have really made the difference in our monthly bottom line.

Having an up to date database of children and families is invaluable!

Cons

Simple features like cutting and pasting are not normal and therefore challenging.

We would like to be able to add attachments to blast emails.

Camille S.

EZCare EZ2USE

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Pros

This program is very easy to use. I have used this software program for some time now and over the years, features have been added to adapt to the way consumers pay for services. I love the Insta-Charge feature that enables our clerks to take payments on the spot. The information on each tab is easy to read and assess the information needed.

Cons

While there are many pre-made reports that can be modified, it is somewhat limited on the ability to create personalized reports. However, I believe EZCare is coming out with a new generation of software that is supposed to address this issue.

Response from SofterWare

Camille, Thank you for the awesome review. I love your title " EZ2USE". Glad to read how much you enjoy the system! Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Kyley H.

EzCare

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

Customer support is great! Someone is always there to help support and answer any questions I may have.

Pros

I have been using Ezcare since it was a downloadable software. I have loved the switch over to the web version and being able to log in from anywhere. The program is user friendly and saves tons of time on my billing and tuition process.

Cons

Not as many reports available yet but they continue to add more all the time.

Response from SofterWare

Kyley, Thank you for the awesome review of EZCare. You will see more and more reports being added to the system. :) I will let the Support Team know how much you appreciate them. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist.

Jennifer R.

Outstanding Software

Reviewed on 2016/10/11

We started using EZ-Care about 30 years ago as a DOS based program. We have grown with the company and used several versions of this program. Anytime that we have struggled (which is rare) tech support has fixed our issue in no time. We also took advantage of having one of the Softerware employees come to our center to completely personalize our software for us and teach us how to use the program when we first switched to the window based version. It was money well spent, every person you deal with throughout this company is outstanding. I love that everything is integrated into one program. Busing, Ledgers, Classes, and anything else that you would like to track can easily be added without much trouble at all!

Pros

Ease of use and outstanding customer service.

Cons

I have not found anything that I do not like about this program yet.

Kyley H.

Ezcare user

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

Our centers switched from the original Ezcare to the online version. I love that I can access the program from anywhere and stay up to date on tuition and payments.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and how it manages everything from parent information to billings & payments. I also love that they are constantly updating and taking suggestions from users.

Cons

The ledger can be difficult to read without viewing an invoice.

Response from SofterWare

Kyley, Thank you for taking your time to complete the EZCare online child care software review. Glad to hear you are having a wonderful experience using EZCare and that it manages your parent information and billing payments. SofterWare is listening and we love getting feedback from our users. :) Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Jennifer W.

EZCare really is EZ!

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

Parents love the ease of us being able to quickly pull up any information on their child/children, in case it needs to change, or if they need a copy of something. Of course, we wish we were on the version that offers the Parent Portal, so they could do those things themselves.....but our Business Office is too stingy to pay the extra cost. We also love being able to offer card payments, rather than just checks or cash.

Pros

Easy to learn and operate, even when updates and changes come along.

Cons

The ONLY thing I miss about the program we used to use is the automatic Tuition Posting when we opened the program each Monday morning. We have to remember to manually post tuition each Monday, which can get a little dicey, depending on how the day starts out!

Margie E.

Ez-Care helped us tremendously

Reviewed on 2017/01/09

Since we are not a daycare we customized EZ-Care to use in a unique way that helps us maintain information on the children we serve and the progress they have made along with a place for parents to comment on their service. We create reports specific to our needs for reporting to other agencies and use within our company. We do not use EZ-Care for payment collections or the same way most daycares use it. This was so much easier than creating our own database in Access or another database program. We were extremely pleased with the way we could customize it for our needs and the way the programmers worked with us to set this up.

Pros

You can customize the software for your specific needs.

Cons

Sometimes reports can be a little difficult to get the exact results you need.

Debbie T.

Reviewed on 2016/12/16

Where do I start with EZ Care? I've never had a bad experience with the system, every time I've had a problem whether it was technical, or just a general question I've always been greeted with kindness and never made to feel my concern/question was silly. I've even gotten follow up calls from Mary to be sure that my service was a good experience. This an easy system to learn, there was a learning curve, but it wasn't hard to learn. Thank you EZ Care for always being friendly.

Pros

Easy to learn and tech support always available.

Cons

Sometimes (Not very often) the wait time is long. Don't like leaving a message to have a tech person call back, however, when I've had to do that I've always have gotten a call within an hour.

Cassie S.

Review of EZCare

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

I believe EZCare is great because it's so easy to use. If there is a problem I don't hesitate to call customer service as they are always so helpful and polite.

Pros

The customer service is great, very polite and helpful. We like all of the different options for reports, and most of all how easy it is to use.

Cons

Overall we really like this product, it is hard to come up with a negativity about it (in my experience with it)

Response from SofterWare

Cassie, Thank you for taking your time to fill out the review of our EZCare2 software. I am glad to read all the nice comments about our customer service and how much you like using EZCare2. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Elsie H.

I love the prompt response that I receive whenever I need customer support.

Reviewed on 2017/09/18

NA

Pros

The software is easy to learn and use. When I was introduced to it in 2015, I thought that I was going to have difficulty learning it. But I did not.

Cons

To change a form looks complicated. I needed to add a column to a form once and when the support technician went in to make the change for me, it looked really difficult. I would like to be able to make these changes myself rather than call for technical support, but whenever I have called I have gotten the help I needed immediately.

Response from SofterWare

Elsie,
Thank you so much for the kind words. We are always trying to make our products easier to use. One area we are working hard on is making it easier to customize forms. Hopefully, in the not too distant future, you will not need assistance.

But as long as you do, never hesitate to call our great support team.

Sharon R.

Like Having a Business Assistant

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

We have used Ez-Care for years. We now use the payment module. With Ez-Care we have been able to do less manual input for our families. Once the payment schedule is set up, it is just a matter of pushing a button. We have fewer families that are behind in payments. We plan on using Ez-Care for years to come because it covers all our needs.

Pros

It covers all the business aspects of doing child care

Cons

It takes a lot of time to input the original information but this would be the same for all software

Sherry G.

EZ-Care2

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

We use EZ-Care2 for our summer camp needs and they worked with us to make it work for our needs without compromising our processes.

Pros

The software is easy to use for our summer camp needs. The client & technical support has been amazing to work with.

Cons

My only complaint is that the student log-in is done on an iPad that we have to remotely log-in to their server and can have a little bit of a wait time.

Response from SofterWare

Sherry, Thank you for the wonderful review of the EZCare Hosted System. I agree with you that the support team is amazing. :) They are always happy to help! Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Reviewed on 2018/08/09

I have found that families keep up with their balances better than before. They love the "click to pay" option.

Pros

Easy to use, saves time, keeps families informed about balances.

Cons

Sometimes glitches / freezes. It does recover quickly.

Response from SofterWare

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the EZCare online review. I am thrilled to read that your parents love the click to pay option. This is a popular feature in the EZCare system since it makes paying invoices easy for parents, deposits payments directly to the bank account, and is easily downloaded into the EZCare Ledger. Make sure to check out our newest feature for online registration! We would like to hear more about the glitches you are experiencing so we can look into this for you. The Client Relations Department can be reached at (800) 220-3537. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Jessica R.

Great program! Easy to use, AMAZING customer service!!!

Reviewed on 2018/06/12

It saves time for running reports, billing tuition, and receiving payments.

Pros

The ability to streamline our tuition charges and payments. I love the payment processing suite. I also like all the different reports that are available.

Cons

Some of the functions can be obscure and hard to learn, but once you figure out how they work, you're set.

Response from SofterWare

Hi Jessica,
Glad to hear you are having a wonderful experience using EZCare and that it saves you time running reports, billing tuition and receiving payments! If you have any questions using a feature please don't hesitate to call support.

Tara L.

Great for child care centers

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Pros

This is so easy to use and manage child care facilities.

Cons

We often run into issues with the program crashing.

Response from SofterWare

Hi Tara,
Thank you for taking the survey. I am glad to hear that you find the system easy to use. Your organization currently has the installed version of EZCare which is installed on your servers. Your IT person would best be able to determine what is causing the servers issues.We do have a Hosted Version of EZCare which is stored on our servers and a Cloud Version. If I can answer any questions for you I can be reached at (800) 220-3537.
Regards,