EZCare

4,5 (161)
EZCare makes managing your program easy.

Tara L.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great for child care centers

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Pros

This is so easy to use and manage child care facilities.

Cons

We often run into issues with the program crashing.

Response from SofterWare

Hi Tara,
Thank you for taking the survey. I am glad to hear that you find the system easy to use. Your organization currently has the installed version of EZCare which is installed on your servers. Your IT person would best be able to determine what is causing the servers issues.We do have a Hosted Version of EZCare which is stored on our servers and a Cloud Version. If I can answer any questions for you I can be reached at (800) 220-3537.
Regards,
Ellen Molon,
Client Relations Specialist

Bradley W.

Long Time User

Reviewed on 2021/03/03

Price-wise they were better than many and likely still are. New companies are coming out more and more...for many years the competition was slim pickings. I'm glad we've stayed with them through their changes and am interested in how being bought by Procare affects the quality...hopefully for the better.

Pros

For years we used the local server and then the hosted version of EZCare. We migrated to the website version a few years ago now. The website has a good user interface, the design is mostly intuitive and I like how often they are adding to the software/improving its quality. There are many staff members who've been great help over the years we've been with them.

Cons

Our migration experience was not terrific but we also had data that went back a few decades and there were issues on both sides. Softerware support team eventually did a good job addressing the related issues in a timely manner. I wish their custom reports were better...but their reports section is decent and the EZViewer gives an option to generate a type of report via pdf or excel that you can manipulate further once exported.

SchoolCare Works and Procare Solutions

Reasons for Switching to EZCare

We were looking at alternatives related to wanting a website version.
Sandy P.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

UNezcare is the True Name

Reviewed on 2018/02/18

They charged me for the online monthly billing from parents although I was never able to use it. I've asked them to stop charging me for the online monthly billing (parents pay their tuition fees) but they continued to charge me for something I could never use.

Pros

My customers could sign up online. Other than that the software isn't worth the monthly fees charged. There are other softwares out there that are much easier for you and your parents to use.

Cons

Online version is very small to read. Their IT people could not get it working. They blamed my computers. I told them to put it on a computer and send to me with a bill for the computer. They wouldn't do it. I had to sign in and go to a special setting to make larger then scroll all over to the different views. They expected me to provide this to working parents in a hurry to drop off their children at sign in. They continued making excuses, as I offered a solution they wouldn't accommodate since they knew their software was a problem on newer computers.

Response from Sam

Hello Sandy, we're sorry to hear you're not satisfied with the hosted desktop version of our software. Our client relations department has requested a refund for the online monthly billing fees for February; it was an oversight during the process of cancelling your subscription, and we apologize for the inconvenience. As for the other issue, the hosted desktop version is not optimized for your resolution, though we were able to get most of the functionality to show up for you at that size except some tabs. We received your request to ship two new laptops. Our focus is on software, not hardware, so we don't provide or sell them. If there was any misunderstanding about these issues, we apologize. The new web-based version, EZCare, may have a better option for your center. Please reach out to our client relations team if there is anything else we can do.

EZCare is an incredible preschool software

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Overall it's been a great software and they continue to improve. They're open to suggestions from the public who use the software. We've seen an increase in our time management by not having to enter every single piece of information on an account and allow the WebLink form online enrollment to handle this.

Pros

We use EZCare for the preschool located on our church campus and transitioned to it from CCM. It has an incredible way of handling family information and the fact that it's cloud-based is a HUGE plus. Our preschool workers would have to come in on snow days and log in just to send emails or texts out to parents about the snow day. Now they can send those texts/emails from the comfort of their home.

The switching of paradigms when moving from CCM to EZCare was a tough curve to get over, but EZCare has a great implementation team that teaches you along the way how to use the system that you've helped create. I like how EZCare is able to meet what you need out of a system and not restrict what's needed to one specific pattern.

While making it easy on the teachers/workers, it also helps parents with the parent portal. You can use this as a parent to make changes to your child's information on file in the system, and set up payment information/make payments. As a worker, you can use this portal to also record information. Also, online enrollment is AWESOME!

Cons

So far the only con we've had is that it did take a while to understand the changes from CCM to EZCare in how billing was processed, information was entered on accounts, etc. But truly the training team does a great job in helping you to understand through that.

Response from SofterWare

Thank you for the wonderful review. Glad to hear how much you are enjoying using EZCare. I love that your teachers/workers and parents are liking the system, and that you have found online enrollment to be awesome.
Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist.

Carol H.

EZ Care has streamlined the billing process.

Reviewed on 2021/04/14

We are solving a lot of the problems that Covid has imposed on our program. Contactless drop off and pickup, Online Payments and invoicing has really helped.

Pros

The online billing and payments through the parent portal has made the collection process so much easier. The data entry has been reduced by 75%. Start up was a very smooth transition and setting up for each new school year is easy.

Cons

We have two sites and sometimes the payments in a family that have multiple children at both sites gets paid to the wrong site. Not sure how we can keep this straight.

Anita H.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

The best child care software I've used

Reviewed on 2021/09/03

EZCare makes it so easy to keep track of children's tuition. The standard reports I can get are great and I can create my own reports.

Pros

I like being able to put in multiple dates with multiple tuition plans rather than only being able to set up one plan at a time. I like having all the child's information under the child, not some under billing and some under personal information and some under recurring plans. And the customer service is great. They're quick to help and don't make you feel like you should have known.

Cons

I really like EZCare. I'm trying to think of something that I don't like but nothing comes to mind.

Julia D.

Great Customer Support

Reviewed on 2021/06/15

It's a great business! Unfortunately, it appears that Procare is taking over the business, so I think I'm being slowly pushed out. I'm kind of bummed about that!

Pros

The help I get when I call customer support. They always have an answer to my problem!

Cons

I wish I could use this program for online registrations (so the parents put in all the data, not me).

Cheryl W.

Nurturing Nook

Reviewed on 2021/07/06

I have had a great experience with EZ Care. I have been an EZ Care user since 1992, starting with the DOS program, the hosted program, and now the web based program.

Pros

I like the Parent Portal. Parents now have the ability to look at their account in real time instead of waiting for an invoice.

Cons

The inability to do custom reports for all areas.

Jahlil G.

Great File Management for Children and Staff

Reviewed on 2021/06/07

Everything has been fantastic!

Pros

I most like that I was able to learn the system and its functions so easily and I was able to teach it to other admins with ease.

Cons

There wasn't anything I didnt like. If there was maybe a field I didn't need, I could go in and customize it and remove or add the necessary fields.

Erin H.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great Resource for Time saving Management

Reviewed on 2021/04/12

Overall the program is outstanding, The training provided is top notch. This program will benefit your program greatly.

Pros

This product is easy to use. Helps keep our facility organized with records, payments, and other day to day functions.

Cons

The add on of a Child Care Food Program related program would benefit a lot of centers.

Erin B.

Beyond inpressed

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

1000% happy!

Pros

We came from a company/software that was not user friendly (for staff or parents). We were overwhelmed with happiness and joy when we made the switch. During the first 2 weeks of use, the staff was calling each other saying "wow" or "did you know we can now do xyz".

The onboarding process was smooth and EZCare kept us updated of the progress. In addition, the live training (via webinars) was informative and the trainer was very knowledgeable. Finally, the "community" section of the software is a large library of help and tutorial videos, that allowed you to learn at your own pace or to choose what areas you might have clarifying questions on.

What we like most? Everything! However, if I had to choose, it would be the experience the Parents have when registering (we are online only). It looks professional and it is user friendly. We opened registration in May, and we did not have ONE person who called with a complaint or questions on how to register (that has never happened before). Additionally, the Parent Portal ease to make payments, update payment information, make updates to accounts and seeing their child(ren)'s schedules.

Cons

We have limited space at each of sites, with a large number of students that "need care". Therefore, we open registration at a specific time to allow a chance for all to gain a spot. It would nice to have a feature, to set a "go live" time on the registration link.

We also would love to see "coupon codes". We do promotions throughout the year; registration fee waived, $10 off non school day, etc.

Finally, it would be cool to have a section on the parent portal to upload documents, such as Parent Handbook, flyers of upcoming events or Permission slips that need a signature.

EZChildTrack

Reasons for Choosing EZCare

functionality, parent feedback, not user friendly.

Reasons for Switching to EZCare

Features and the Demo
Melissa G.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

EZ-Care is EZ!

Reviewed on 2017/01/12

I cannot recommend EZ-Care enough! It is the easiest software program I have used to manage our childcare sites. We have eight childcare locations that I (the accounting specialist) manage. The ability to connect all of our programs is wonderful! This software is user friendly and allows us to focus on what is really important, the kids in our care!

One of my favorite things about this program is the ability to customize it however you need to. You can add fields that are important to you. Other programs I have used required the company to create the fields and they charge a fee per field added. EZ-Care allows unlimited fields and you have the ability to create them yourself.

EZ-Care also allows you to create your own reports which is extremely helpful! You can create them to include any of the fields you have created. We use these for rosters, balance dues, staff training, medical, health care plans, assessments, extra-curricular classes, etc.

EZ-Care has also made billing extremely simple! Majority of our families are on our EFT draft (process all payments with the few clicks of your mouse) but we also have Insta-Charge (ability to run payments instantly in the system) and Click to Pay (online bill pay). These functions have dropped our time of manually inputting cash payments and checks down to 1%!

With a program this wonderful, we haven't needed support all that often, but when we do, they are AMAZING! They have the friendliest, most helpful customer service I have ever interacted with. Not only do they help with whatever issue we are having, they also often offer ideas or tips on how to do something easier or better.

I highly recommend this software to everybody! After working with it for eleven years, I haven't found anything it couldn't do that I needed!

Pros

user friendly, billing, reports, time saver

Cons

n/a

Nebra B.

HappyCamper

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

Pros

I love the EZCare software, it has been a lifesaver for our preschool, we purchased this product over a year ago, it has served us very well. The Timeclock helped us to keep attendance for our students and allow families to sign their kiddos in with ease. We integrated our payment system into EZCare and it was a smooth transition. During this COVID-19 pandemic, EZCare has made it so easy for us to still stay engaged with our families with no issues. I love the ability to go to their in-house support data page, "Community" to find helpful tips and instructions on how to complete a task.

Cons

The process of add new students to the Timeclock could be a little smoother, without having to synchronize the two systems every time.

Danielle P.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Fantastic Program / Top Notch Customer Service & Training!!

Reviewed on 2016/10/14

This software is oustanding! We have been a user for many years! The upgrades and options to streamline day to day billing and A/R functions - continue to save both parents and our administration hours upon hours! The options are ENDLESS with EzCare! The ability to customize the software to your centers needs is the best feature. As we all know, in the Early Childhood / Extended Day world - times change, rates change, schedules change, staff changes (as all these are happening constantly) -- with a quick click or two - EzCare is there to make day to day functions transition with you without a problem!
The Support staff and training offered are helpful beyond description - from the knowledge base online, to the online support request options, to the phone support - they are always there to help solve ANY question with EASE! When we wonder, "how could I do this... ?" , a quick phone call to support and they are there to trouble shoot -- even logging right into my system to walk us through it step by step.
We love EZCare - and would HIGHLY recommend this software .

Pros

Ease of use , Dynamic Support System, Training & webinars, Customizable to your Center's ever changing needs -

Cons

There isn't anything NOT to like about this software!

Elsie H.

EZ Care experience at KK

Reviewed on 2018/12/26

I use EZCARE at Kiddie Kollege, a small daycare center, to post payments, enter clients information, and post tuition. I use it to help email invoices to parents so that they may keep track of their balances. It also provides them a statement to use for tax purposes. This has taken a lot of work off the owner.

Pros

EZCARE is easy to learn. As a new user 3 years ago, I was not sure if I would be successful. But once I began to enter date and payments as well as posting tuition, I realized that the program is user friendly.

Cons

I have only had one question that I would like more support for and that is changing the way some of the form I use look. Changing the forms required some steps that I am not familiar with.

Response from SofterWare

Elsie, thank you for the awesome review of EZCare hosted child care system. I am thrilled to hear about your success with the system. :) The support team would be happy to assist you with any questions you may have when working in EZCare and the forms you are using. They can be reached at (800) 220-2229. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Asher A.

EZCare Review

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

Over all it does what we need it to do. The few items that I listed above, I feel, would make the job run smoother.

Pros

It's fairly easy to use. Helps to keep our families information well organized.

Cons

There are a couple of things that would help make emails and ledger run smoother. I don't like how I can not go back to the family tab or ledger while sending invoices. I can not move the screen for emails over to look back at ledger for reference without closing the email screen. Then when I pull it back up I have to retype everything. If there can be a way to have more functionality between screen without have to close them, would be a big help. Also, spell check for emails should be added.

Response from SofterWare

We are so glad to hear you find the system easy to use and it has helped organize your information. Many of the features in the system come from clients suggestions. We would love to hear from you in the Client Relations Department We can be reached at (800) 220-3537. Thank you so much for your review! It is appreciated.

Jennifer W.

EZCare really is EZ!

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

Parents love the ease of us being able to quickly pull up any information on their child/children, in case it needs to change, or if they need a copy of something. Of course, we wish we were on the version that offers the Parent Portal, so they could do those things themselves.....but our Business Office is too stingy to pay the extra cost. We also love being able to offer card payments, rather than just checks or cash.

Pros

Easy to learn and operate, even when updates and changes come along.

Cons

The ONLY thing I miss about the program we used to use is the automatic Tuition Posting when we opened the program each Monday morning. We have to remember to manually post tuition each Monday, which can get a little dicey, depending on how the day starts out!

Response from SofterWare

Thank you for the wonderful review of our desktop version of EZCare. I am glad to hear that you find the system easy to learn and use! When your ready to move to the version with the Parent Portal let us know. :) Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Jasmine H.

EZ-CARE Review

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

Pros

Easy to learn, easy to find what ever I was looking like when I was looking to do a report, or last day for attendance , first day of starting, posting payments, emailing the ledgers to the parents. Easy to ready the ledgers ( for me) and explain the accounts to the parents, Support team are very helpful , every time I call I learn a lot from them.

Cons

Slowing down in the afternoons (in our time, California) a lot used to be a lot, but now it's getting better,
it's not easy to put the parents or children's pictures, I like it to be easier.

Response from SofterWare

Thank you, Jasmine, for taking your time to review EZCare's hosted system. I am glad to hear you are finding the system easy to use. Please reach out to the technical support department about the slowness you are experiencing with your system. The Support Team is always happy to help with any questions you may have. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Marcee R.

Great support, very responsive company

Reviewed on 2020/12/11

My overall experience with EZCare has been very positive. The support team is wonderful, helping to figure out best ways to match what I need with what is available, and encouraging engagement in the community platform for design and use updates, and acting upon those user suggestions. They are always working to support and improve the product.

Pros

This allows us to keep our student enrollment records organized and easily accessible. It has also streamlined our invoicing and payment process, saving time which saves dollars. The design teams have been very responsive to figuring out ways to best serve clients with regard to tracking attendance and helping to streamline that process while supporting us in capturing the data we need for reporting based upon state regulations.

Cons

When it times out on me while I am doing entry causing me to have to log back in.

Andrea B.

EZ Care has made a world of difference in our Center!

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

It’s been wonderful! Support is so helpful and kind. I am organized and I can plan ahead far better than in the past.

Pros

All of our families information is in one place! I can project my numbers and see where I have space. I can see what I will be billing out in advance. I am able to build and tweak the system to meet my exact needs!

Cons

There are too many clicks to change schedules. I wish I could copy and paste!

I can’t email both family contacts at once to include them in my center emails.

I never know if my web registration is done uploading because I have to refresh it to make the screen change.

Response from SofterWare

Andrea, Thank you for taking your time to complete the review of EZCare online child care software. I love to hear that EZ Care has made a world of difference in your Center! It sounds like you've got a great idea to improve EZCare that would save lots of time. We take customer suggestions very seriously and review the Suggest & Vote site regularly when planning our product roadmaps. In 2018, we completed many clients suggested improvements from our Suggest & Vote site. If you need help entering that idea, we would be happy to assist, The Client Relations Team can be reached at (800) 220-3537. We look forward to speaking with you. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Diana H.

EZCare is a great software

Reviewed on 2019/03/18

I have used EZCare for about 30 years. The program makes our center run smoothly, the option to store almost any information in the database makes it easy to quickly access information, like immunizations, to complete a report.

Pros

The online version is great I can access the program from anywhere. The tech support is very helpful and will help you step by step when you want to make reports or have a problem. The option to merge information into forms makes sending notices to parents quick and easy. The program is customized for what your center needs. I love the program and as time passes it only gets better.

Cons

I can't think of anything I do not like.

Response from SofterWare

Diana, . I am thrilled to hear how much you enjoy using EZCare. Thank you for your continued business over the years. Anytime you have any questions our support team is happy to help. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

EZCare Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Pros

I loved how much information can be added onto each page as needed. I also loved all the different reports that could be made using all the different information entered. This system keeps students accounted for and keeps track of their information seamlessly. Also, the customer service was always phenomenal whenever assistance was needed.

Cons

The only downfall was getting used to making reports. The first few times were challenging to figure out alignment, correct info needed, and other things. But, I would just hop on the phone and a representative was there to assist me and help finish the report.

Response from SofterWare

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of EZCare hosted system. Glad to read how much you love the system. Anytime you have questions the support team is happy to help. Regards, Ellen Molon, Client Relations Specialist

Amy R.

I love ezcare and have been a client since the late eighties.

Reviewed on 2009/06/12

I love ezcare and have been a client since the late eighties. This is the only center management software that I have ever used, or would ever recommend--I believe softerware has has been doing this longer than anyone and their experience shows in a superior product, and excellent customer service. The old DOS version that I was using was still adequate, however the developments over the past 15 years or so have made a great program even better! The software is truly easy to use, and if you get stuck, the support team will "hold your hand" until you figure it out--they are without a doubt the most helpful software support I have ever dealt with.

Pros

Does so much more than my old DOS ezcare program! Being able to bill parents and subsidy programs separately has made life much easier. Now we know how much the parents actually owe, and how much our subsidy programs are responsible for. Billing in gereral is so much more streamlined--it is literally something that can be done now in about 5 minutes! I also love being able to link directly to parent's e-mail addresses. The report wizard makes it simple to customize reports, and the cabinet/drawer system allows for so much flexibility in data management. We also purchased the time clock component which has the capacity to simplify billing and payroll even further. The Church administrator/Treasurer is impressed with all of the different types of information the reports can generate, and loves that he can get his information now in excel format! I also really enjoyed the webinars!

Cons

I was a little surprised at how much data entry was necessary even with the personalized data backup! We still have not caught up on entering immunization information! The staff drawer was also completely empty, so although you're not starting from scratch, you are definitely not transferring as much data as you think you are.

Laura C.

Considered leaving, Ended up staying

Reviewed on 2020/12/18

Overall, we have had a good experience with EZCare. When migrating to EZCare, we felt completely supported! There was a team to help us, very organized. They were available for as long as we needed.

Pros

I find the latest version of EZCare very easy to use. The produce has evolved to become more intuitive.
When there is any question, Customer Support is very helpful. The training is exceptional, with many offerings and the ability to view past webinars.

Cons

I do feel that the option to customize reports is still in development.

Katie C.

We Love EZ CARE2

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

I have appreciated the updates we have received through the years and the innovations we now enjoy. However, I had thought that by being hosted, there would be more updates more often. EZ2 is a great program for our needs and overall we have enjoyed using it.

Customer service is top notch and everyone is great to work with. We don't hesitate to call support when needed.

Looking forward to the new update soon!

Pros

Billing and payments have really made the difference in our monthly bottom line.

Having an up to date database of children and families is invaluable!

Cons

Simple features like cutting and pasting are not normal and therefore challenging.

We would like to be able to add attachments to blast emails.