Quire

A visual collaborative platform for your great projects

Adam A.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Everything you need, and nothing that you don't

Reviewed on 2020/07/18

It took all of 4 days for me to become comfortable with their version of markdown and the in line task entry system. Creating check boxes, tables, asigning tasks in line, assigning deadlines and start dates in line, all of it.
There has been no issues to date with the software, and I am now using it to organize my entire life. NOT just my working life.
Getting my team onboard was easy, and everyone who uses the software comments on how easy it was to learn to use in our context, and how lightweight/quick it is to use.

Pros

Simple UI
Easy inline entry of tasks and restrictions such as due date, start date, assignees, tags, files and everything else one could need to get their tasks in order and their team up to date
In line chat and descriptions let people talk about important issues
The overview and kanban board options are great for people who organize their information in different ways, and the ability to have the boards interact with one another in various ways is excellent

Cons

Very minimalistic (A positive for me, but maybe not for everyone!)
Constant improvements being rolled out (A positive for me, but not everyone wants to have to learn new features constantly)
FREE!

Firas K.

I have to say I'm impressed

Reviewed on 2020/12/29

It was (and still is) very pleasing.

Pros

Wow, just wow!

I was looking for a "better" alternative for Trello and I stumbled upon Quire and I wasn't disappointed.

With the dark theme on as well, I was ready to boost my productivity.

Cons

None at the moment.

I do wish there was a cheat sheet for shortcuts and key bindings, but that's just nitpicking.

Marion B.

Amazing product , exceptionnal and generous customer service

Reviewed on 2020/04/01

Very good, the best "tasks" app we ever used.

Pros

Everything, but i Prefer:
- Possibility to assign a single task to multiple user (and when it's get done, it goes away for everyone)
- Possibility to organize yours tasks by organization, projects and boards
- Possibility to create weekly, monthly, etc tasks
- Possibility to attach document to each task
- User friendly
- French language ! (and the translation is good!)
- The generosity and help from the customer service (as a small and poor charity organisation who rely on volunteers who work from home, we need this kind of service to complete our projects)

Cons

- maybe the fact that when you look a subtask on a board , you can't see their connection to the "complete task" and it can be somewhat confusing to differentiate between similar subtask (Actually we just have to always name the subtask with the name of the complete task, so we have a way around)

Anish J.

Great tool for startups. Very easy to manage tasks and collaborate within the team!

Reviewed on 2017/08/21

Pros

The ease with which you can add tasks using keyboard shortcuts. For almost all the other systems I had used, it was very difficult to populate the tasks into the system and hence it didn't work out for our small team. But quire did a wonderful thing managing tasks by breaking a big task into smaller pieces so that everyone in the team is aware of the progress without any email communication. Everytime we introduce a new tool, adaptability is the main issue as employees will be reluctant to use tools. But with quire, it was a breeze. Everyone adapted to it quickly.

Cons

Quire doesn't have an android app yet and that is a big worry. Even though they have a very responsive web app which works really good in mobile, the native experience is missing.
Also I would like to have a feature where I can select a member and see all the tasks assigned to that person.

Lorena H.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Such an intuitive tool to organiza your work!

Reviewed on 2018/08/29

We are currently using a lot of excel sheets, which means that there are various versions of files and manual work of making sure you don't forget any deadlines. With Quire this process is automated and there is only ONE source. This helps us to be more efficient!

Pros

Quire is so easy to use, because it is intuitive! No need for long introduction sessions or reading a user guide. I signed up and /I knew immediately what to do. User friendliness is a main argument to convince the team that we can bring project management to the next level without spending a lot of time on top of normal work how to do it.
Apart from that the tree-structure is great and it really makes the user think about their projects from the beginning to the end and what is required on each level. I just always have the best possible overview of my projects and tasks thanks to this great tool.

Cons

It would be great if the reminder and email notifications could be customized more, so that Quire does not remind/notify you about everything at a certain time. Selecting with project I would like to be reminded of more often than others would be ideal, but this is really just a minor aspect.

Response from Potix

Hi Lorena,
FYI, we will let users customize email notifications in the future. That is, you will be able to choose what to get notified of. :)

Sofia T.

More than you can ask for. Easy and user-friendly interface

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Quick and simple to use, sync with calendar and great support

Pros

I've been looking for an app that would allow me to track my projects and numerous daily tasks in a simple and effective way, with several subtasks and Android app. I've tested more than 40 apps and I was happily surprised with Quire. First, it is free and yet offers features that allow me to smoothly organize my work and personal agenda. I can sync it with my calendar, filter, sort and organize my tasks easily within a multi-project view. But what impressed me the most was the customer support. They asked for feedback, provided quick guidance and replied to my queries. This is something I consider very important and I've seen paid apps not replying at all to my queries so for Quire team... 5* and counting :)

The app looks and works great too. I'm loving it!
Can't wait to see further development

Cons

Being a free tool, Quire offers more than the basics, especially when comparing to paid competitors. I'd love to see a time tracker and maybe a generic tasks Dashboard (Kanban or similar) as I'm very visual :) But overall, for the price you pay (zero!) it's the best I've tested so far

Cuma E.

unlimited tree based task maangement which is great to submit task(s) as detail as you want.

Reviewed on 2018/03/30

I can manage task as detail as I want, it become more beautiful with markdown support and the task repetition feature helps a lot user with repetitive tasks.

Pros

tree based todo list.
customize-able repetitive task scheduler.
cool task filter.
awesome markdown support.
dead simple tags management.
monochrome dark theme.
offline mode support.
almost mouse-less.

Cons

"my task" positioned on the left panel not in the main panel. it would be great if they could displaying my task like smartfolder. all of my task automatically classified into each related project in one page. it would help me to focus only on my own tasks. I don't need to pay attention to any other task that aren't mine.

Hanah S.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

To-Do List and Helpful

Reviewed on 2019/04/28

Overall, this site helps me put my tasks and assignments together. I love how I can focus on this because this helps me when assigning projects with my team. This site helped me when I was looking in the past for a site like this. This site helped me figure out how to keep my tasks list organized and not all over the place. Perfect site!

Pros

I like how I am able to create a to-do list and assign some of the to-do lists that I have to certain people who are working on certain assignments with me. I also love how the calendar option is right near it to help me assign the calendar dates and to also help me if I need to remind myself on what day the assignment is due. I can put tags in each to-do list without any problem and I don’t have to confuse myself when trying to do this. I like how it’s easy to do. I love the option on the left-hand side of the screen that helps me focus on my most recent or active tasks. I can focus on just a few. This helps me keep my mind together when figuring each task out or each task assignment out. I also love how I am able to customize each tag and I love how the overview option shows each of the projects/tasks that I am working on. The diagram breaks it all down and I can see each one clearly.

Cons

I dislike the member option area where each member is assigned. I like how some of the tabs areas are on the left side of the screen, but this tab would be nice at the top of the screen. So, I can see each one and every person that is assigned to each task. It would be nice to have an option button at the top. Nothing complicated just so we can just bring down the person’s name and add them to each task. I also dislike the colors on this website. It would be nice if the colors were different or more unique.

Paul L.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

This is a powerful and user-friendly app

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

I really loved this app because it has allowed me to increase my productivity and my organization through the roof. It helps me create powerful plans for my business and the simplicity of the app makes it easy to execute my plans and achieve excellent results. I highly recommend this magnificent app.

Pros

I really liked the simplicity of the app which allows me to outline my thoughts powerfully and create powerful and organized plans that have allowed me to accomplish big projects

Cons

So far I have not found negative aspects of this app

Azeem S.

Quire is a good clutter free task management tool.

Reviewed on 2017/12/13

Task management improved a lot

Pros

Quire is extremely powerful but simple to use. It is mobile friendly.Due date notification is helpful.Easy to add and navigate on tasks.

Cons

No Android app because of that it is difficult to track the tasks on mobile devices. Offline search is not good.

Shivam G.

Quire is brilliant. I have been using it for over 6 months. I really happy.

Reviewed on 2017/08/14

It helps us to manage our tasks in a better and a more efficient manner. It lets me keep a track of tasks on the move through my iphone.

Pros

The tags funtionality is the best. Not many Project Management tolls have that. It's super fast and works well on iPhone too. I like the notifications functionality on iPhone.

Cons

The file upload size is only 5 MB. That's a major constraint. This should be raised to atleast 500 MB. You don't want to upload files elsewhere, share links and waste time.

J jerome O.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

My personal experience went great. But it might not be simple for someone who is not a techie.

Reviewed on 2018/02/23

time management and task planning

Pros

It has a way to log the time an activity starts as well as the end time. Now if this start and end time can be converted into a kind of Gantt chart then it would be awesome and I wouldn't need a separate software for generating a Gantt chart. Another great feature that I love is personalized support. This girl, Crystal, was always ready to answer my question and she even checked up on me if I was having a hard time about anything shortly after I signed up. I have never experienced customer support that great before.

Cons

Some of the features can be challenging to find. And that is considering that I an quite a techie person already. Imagine the hard time non-technical people would get in trying to navigate through the site.

Stephen olawale J.

EASY TO USE AND SIMPLE PROJECT MANAGMENT SOFTWARE

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

I can manage several projects with this application, Quire has a simple interface well organised structure that are clear and not clumsy

Pros

I love the friendly, easy to use, user interface, with the tree structure of organizing, deliverable and schedules, and the responsive customer support have made this application best for me, you don’t require rigorous training to use this application as a project manager.

Cons

I really have no complaint,beginners in project management can easily learn to use this aplication,and the customer support are always responsive

Excelent, Help all the sectors in my job

Reviewed on 2018/02/09

Time, Many time

Pros

Easily to use, Beaultiful and usefull, everybody in my job like so much because they saved many time.

Cons

for being free i think that are perfect, if they have a cost and add new things, I Belive that will be better

Heather M.

All the plates now have their organized task list

Reviewed on 2020/02/03

I recently changed roles in my organization from a customer service role to a higher level project based role. I realized I was jumping from pillar to post and not catching all my to do items. Finding Quire has been game-changing.

Pros

I love how easy it is to set it up. I love how everything is color coded. This has already made an impact.

Cons

Not sure I can answer that yet as a new user. Will update my reveiw if I find something I don't like. Maybe if it would actually DO the work for me?

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Like a todo list on paper, but on a web site

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Pros

I love its simplicity, it welcomes you starting from the log-in page. Every feature is in reach and appears when you need it. If you have to break down tasks, just make subtasks, at any level. Advanced features are available (eg: sharing, assigning) but if you don't use them they don't get in the way. The UX is exemplar, it should be teached in courses. A couple of years ago, when I started looking for a personal todo list "on the cloud", I couldn't find anything like this. Oh, it's free and works great on the phone!

Cons

Maybe the light theme is a bit low on contrast, but that might be my screen settings.
My Tasks menu shows dates only in mm/dd format, which might be confusing if you're not from the USA.

Prantik B.

Finally found a task management software that's simple, fast and beautiful!

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Management, Administration and Organization of information.

Pros

It's UI. Clean and fast. It has a very holistic design that's simple to understand and allocate tasks among team members.

I also like the visual reports it simultaneously generates that gives me a mapping of where my tasks are stuck at.

Also, the excellent customer support. They hear and respond to everything you'd like to share.

Cons

No software is ever complete and that is true for Quire as well. Would love to see new features they keep adding over time.

Lia R.

Team management

Reviewed on 2018/09/27

Very excited so far.

Pros

I have an office with too many projects going on at the same time. Quire allows me to keep an eye on everything, assigning responsibilities and following up as it goes. Further, I susoect I will not need to meet with the team as often as we did.

Cons

I would like to see a wsy of adding deadlines to each task. I have been unable to do so Maybe the feature is there, I just have been unable to ise it.

Paulo S.
  • Industry: Design

Thanks people from Quire

Reviewed on 2019/02/24

Efficient support, fast, and gentle, organic, without bots.

Pros

Easy to use, clean and intuitive interface, light

Cons

Integration with other applications to make the user experience more adaptable to their own needs

Peter O.

The best free alternative after Producteev, we like it.

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

simply perfect, fast customer service, clear design, costumizable tasks with graphic view. We like it.

Cons

none

Shimon S.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Wish I found this sooner

Reviewed on 2018/04/23

Most of my project are freelance and project based, so i require a project management platform that will allow me to manage several projects for more than one organization. I had been using Trello for this and whilst it has served be well, it does not have a good structure for organizing tasks and making sure they are followed up, in that sense its a bit too informal. Quire bring structure to the tasks and a simple interface that bring focus to clarity to the project.

Pros

From the moment I first started using it, everything just worked the way it should, incredibly intuitive, none of the bloating or over complicated functionality that other project/task management platforms suffer from. For me the killer feature it the 'tree structure' approach to task management, this is how it should be done, take a big task/project and break it into smaller and smaller manageable tasks. Each subtask has the same feature set as the main task which is exactly how it should be done because why should any task have less importance. The interface is clean and functional, everything is where is should be, it just works. You have Organizations, then projects, then tasks, which is a great way to organize things, especially if you are freelance like me and do projects for a number of different organizations. I am a long time trello user, and for anything looking for an alternative that does more than just kanban, this is for you, it will allow you to really structure tasks and make sure they are followed up.

Cons

No Kanban is going to be a big negative for many people, but apparently that is coming soon. Interface might be too simple for some people, or perhaps lacking features such as chat, message board, rich text markup, etc etc, but that could be seen as a good thing by others. Pricing has not been released either, that is something to be concerned about , especially if you invest time in adopting this platform but then it turns out to be overpriced. That is probably my biggest concern at the moment as features can be added all the time, but pricing can be a deal breaker.

Dianna S.
  • Industry: Cosmetics
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Simple task software

Reviewed on 2019/05/08

Pros

Clean, open spaces, no clutter. Connected with Gmail easily

Cons

This software has no templates,. It is a very basic task software

Response from Potix

Hi Dianna,

I'm really sorry to learn that you didn't think Quire is a suitable tool for your business. Actually, we do have reusable templates on Quire. Also, most of the critical task software features are available on Quire, such as nested to do list to help you break down big goals into achievable tasks, Kanban board to help you get focused on what really matters in a short period of time, real time collaboration that allows work with teammates and always stay in sync, etc.

We still hope that in the future, you might consider give Quire another try and let us know what you think :) Have a wonderful day!

The Quire Team

Best To-Do list app!

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

Pros

One of the best project management apps I ever used. They have countless of features, but here are the ones that I love the most:
• Clean interface: know for their minimalism style and is built around the GTD method.
• Easy collaboration: A simple link that you can share with others.
• Kanban board
• Task Reminders
• Webpage+mobile app quick sync: They provide offline syncing.

Another huge plus is that they're completely free. No upgrade needed!

Cons

They don't have a Gantt Chart. Hope they're working on it! It's quite important for bigger teams because we need to keep track of individual tasks.

If you're getting started - don't look elsewhere

Reviewed on 2018/08/16

I'm mostly occupied with multiple projects and Quire has given me a way to simply put it across and visualize and switch between them. This simplicity is why I am a fan. Also - I trust the team is up for great work and I'd like to stick around and be a part of their success.

Pros

I've used quite a few project management tools but nothing come close to Quire when it comes to simplicity and beauty. But don't be mistaken, it is simple yet very powerful.

They have got amazing features to keep a track of your tasks with a detailed history under every project. There is also a convenient shortcut instructions reminding you of the keys to get things done quickly, and in the process, making you use to the entire Quire experience.

I rely on collaboration a lot in my projects, and Quire has a beautiful way of messaging and allocating tasks and keeping track of them.

Also - love the night mode!

The team is also very eager to learn from your feedbacks. Crystal have reached out to me multiple times checking on my feedbacks and also updating on when I can expect certain features I find missing - that is really impressive for a company bound to grow.

Cons

When I initially started using it, I found the important piece missing was to visualize my tasks, they have now added that as well with Kanban coming in! But what I'd even more appreciate about is perhaps a few important integrations like Google Calendar.

Also, not sure if they have plans to release a web-app tool for MacOS.

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Great, minimal and very useful!

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

I find myself very well with the quick approach of the creation of the task, both in the list view that board (clearly the inclusion of the task in lost, especially thanks to the tree mode is really fast, also excellent possibility to paste a text and convert it in single or multiple tasks I find myself very well, I hope they never change but always improve, leaving the possibility to have a dignified and democratic free plan, useful for those who do not have to make projkect management his job, but do not want to die in front of a "planned" limitation

Pros

Task tree, minimal, ability to customize with formatting and colors both tasks and descriptions, perfect switch between view list and board. At the moment the plan is totally free, I hope they do not fall into the same mistake as their competitors who will cut out the small non-profit groups that can not afford to pay such large sums (the competitors, as well as the programmed obsolescence, ride the threshold between a free useless tool and an honorable pro tool).
I hope that the free version will remain identical to the current one and the pro will have additional features

Cons

More than cons, I hope that the boards will no longer be in a drop-down list but viewed horizontally just like multiple excel sheets, in which there will be the various Kanban dividers (to do - on gong - complete). The chat section, which they call comments, is not very convenient. it would be useful to have it detached