Paylocity

Paylocity is a web based payroll and HR solution for medium-

4,1
4,1
3,8
Cherina A.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Paylocity - Web Pay

Reviewed on 2014/12/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Paylocity Web Pay is so easy. I love the fact I have access to this portal from anywhere. This option allows me to transmit payroll, run reports, update records from home, vacation, etc. Adding/deleting new earnings/deduction codes can be done by me. I do not need to get the approval from Paylocity to update my account settings. Employees can easily find their way around the portal, if used frequently. It's a slow learning process but eventually they embrace it. Managers have access to their team's information so instead of me providing the info they need, they will log into the portal and look for the info. Report writing is very simple. I am able to customize my own reports. I still export into Excel and format it, but overall, pulling the info I need is easy enough to do. There is a phone app for Paylocity, which is employee friendly! This is a great option if you're not in front of a computer to update personal info and submit time off requests. Reports live on the cloud, so no hard copies are provided when payroll is transmitted.

Cons

One thing I like least about this product is managing time off. We use a different system to track time and unfortunately the two systems do not talk to one another. We Pay does allow for me to keep into account the employee's time off to reflect their pay. Unfortunately, because of our industry, the time off submitted is always not so accurate so the system is set up to only track time off requests. I manually have to enter taken time - info based from extracting data from other system being used. I don't know if this system offers mass updates. I don't know if I can change a deduction amount across the board. For example, I had to increase each employee's medical premium by going into their records. It would have been nice if I had the ability to mass update all the employee's premiums based on specs. I would love it if I can edit a canned report. This option is not available.

Jennifer W.
Industry: Real Estate

Your One Stop Shop for Payroll and Everything else related to HR

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

Overall, I'm very happy with choosing to use WebPay from Paylocity as our main payroll tool.

Pros

We were able to completely customize our Paylocity instance for our business needs - which are unique and varied. You get partnered with a team member at Paylocity that helps you build out the tool and trains you on how to use it. Plus, all of this was available at a price point that was comparable to payroll software that does a lot less.

Cons

It is somewhat difficult to use for both admins and users. It doesn't have a simple/easy to understand interface.

Laure N.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Hindsight is 20/20

Reviewed on 2020/02/04
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Time saving is the biggest advantage to Paylocity. That's the most I can say. There are hidden "surprises" once you're fully integrated and there's no turning back. I can say with complete honesty that given the opportunity, I would not choose Paylocity again.

Pros

The appearance of this software and its ease of use is what drew me toward Paylocity. I believed that employees could easily navigate through Paylocity as the tabs are straight forward and the screens visually appealing.

Cons

The software is not as flexible as Paylocity would have you believe. We faced many struggles throughout our implementation and have still been struggling with policies 7 mos into our time with them. We did extensive research and asked hundreds (literally) of questions throughout the vetting process and it seems that much of what we expected is not happening.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Industry: Banking

Paylocity Review

Reviewed on 2020/10/03

Excellent software to keep track of my pay checks and my vacation time

Pros

Paylocity helps me easily keep track of my paychecks, PTO, public holiday time etc. Its easy to use and has a lot of features to help me find the paycheck information I need

Cons

Paylocity can provide more analytics to see how my paycheck has progressed over the years.

Britnie T.

Great HRIS System

Reviewed on 2018/09/20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The system overall has some great features and we are constantly looking for and finding ways to further utilize the system and the reports that we can use to better our business and employee experience.

Pros

This system has many of the key features we were looking for:
-payroll system
-easy to manage HRIS
-good implementation
-good response time from our contacts
-many arms of the system that we haven't put into use yet, but hope to in the future

Cons

Some of the things we we've hoped to implement with Paylocity haven't been right for our business. For instance, we felt that the ATS didn't have enough features and adaptability for our purposes and we also looked in to having performance reviews done through the system, but it wasn't compatible with the process we have in place and we weren't prepared to completely overhaul the way our company administers performance reviews.

Marie E.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Flexible and scalable - lots of features available, but simple to use if you don't want all the features

Reviewed on 2018/08/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

There is a lot of flexibility for customizing the system to our needs. After the initial learning curve, it is super simple to make changes on the fly... add earnings codes, set up new departments, etc. I also really like the employee Self-Service Portal - I can customize what an employee can view & even add external links (useful for benefits enrollment). With the onboarding module & ability to upload employee documents, we now have virtual employee files! The price is very competitive with our last providers price, but the value is FAR GREATER!

Cons

Not sure this is a con, but if you don't like a self-service model, I'm not sure what the phone support is like. I've found the online resources to be very helpful and I like figuring things out on my own, so this is the perfect fit for me!

Emily B.
Industry: Insurance

Great Program, Kinda. Great Service, Kinda.

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Paylocity is visually amazing, their specialists provide great insight, but their system allows for many errors and not all of their employees are very knowledgeable on how their program works.

Pros

Paylocity is easily the pretties payroll service I've ever used. It's very easy to find most things on this program. I especially love the service I receive from my payroll specialist and the great implementation of their online chat service. Their online chat service is easily my favorite feature in any payroll program, super easy to us and instant assistance with most issues.

Cons

I love the service from my payroll specialist, but I rarely get her on the phone. Paylocity's customer service is fairly good except for that most of their employees don't know a lot about their own services, because of this I find myself constantly on hold while the customer service rep is asking for assistance from a tech or other employees. Paylocity also has a very terrible mapping system between WebPay and WebTime, we constantly have issues with the wrong thing being pulled and having to have a tech 'fix' it only for it to happen again.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Jennifer O.
Industry: Banking

Easy to Use, Lacks Customer Support

Reviewed on 2017/08/17
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Third party products integrate easily, modules and dashboards are simple and user friendly, includes tons of standard reports

Cons

Customer support has been steadily declining. We've been tossed around to at least four different account managers in the past 18 months, and if we get a good one they get promoted or leave, so we end up with someone that barely knows the system better than we do. The response time to questions we submit via email has also worsened to more than 24 hours for a simple reply for clarification. We don't even bother trying to get help from our assigned account manager, we just call the 800 number and hope whoever picks up will be able to resolve our issue. If we call back with the same issue and get someone else, we sometimes get a different answer.

Megan V.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

It's great to have such an intuitive system that has all HR systems under one umbrella.

Reviewed on 2018/04/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Having everything HR in one complete system. All the pieces work 100% together without issues. It's intuitive. The implementation teams for each piece were fantastic with all the modules and they have plenty of ondemand and live trainings to help you should you need extra training after implementation.

Cons

There are a couple of small thing that I would change/improve upon with the system as I believe those would make it even better to work with. I have had some past issues with customer support specifically getting different answers for the same question from different specialists which can lead to frustrations, however, those kinks seem to have been worked out and things have been running more smoothly.

Saily E.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Our school uses Paylocity to manage our payroll and we are very pleased with this software

Reviewed on 2017/05/20

1. Secure processing of payroll
2. Excellent reporting capabilities
3. Assistance with quarterly payroll taxes reporting and filing
4. Optimal internal controls for payroll processing duties

Pros

Paylocity is easy to use and allows our school to effectively manage a payroll of 200+ employees on a by-monthly basis. You can rely on pre-designed reports or you can create your own report depending on your needs. Our customer service representative is very responsive and knowledgeable about Paylocity's features. Our employees can create personal accounts to track their paystubs, W2 forms and payroll information. Our school also uses Paylocity services to complete Federal and State taxes quarterly reporting which is very helpful because we can rest assured that reports are being filed on a timely and accurate manner. Their processing fees are very competitive when compared to other providers. Overall, we are very pleased with Paylocity.

Louis H.
Industry: Philanthropy

Resonably priced with good features.

Reviewed on 2018/12/04
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Price is highly competitive and the software functions well. Help screens are useful and easy to get too. Payroll submission is quick and consistently accurate. support is knowledgeable but see below. Overall a good experience for small to medium companies concerned about the bottom line.

Cons

Thought you get a dedicated customer service person you are highly unlikely to ever get directly to them. You will be offered the option of leaving a message for a call back or be transferred to other support staff. So in reality you talk to a different person each time. this is offset somewhat by the generally good support. some screens are not highly intuitive but easily learn able. One small irritant for me is that if you want the paper copies of your checks to come iin sealed rather than unsealed envelopes it is ten cents a check. Talk about nickel and dimeing..

Steven G.
Industry: Retail

Payroll Processing & HR Solution

Reviewed on 2016/09/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Ease of use for remote managers/departments
Reporting: Stock report library is fairly comprehensive and custom report writer works well to fill any specific needs
No additional charges for updates such as the ACA tracking and reporting system.

Cons

No integrated 401k/retirement module. This requires manual data entry unlike the ADP/MyKplan where everything is linked and managed almost entirely through the core P/R module as far as weekly/biweekly contributions.
The onboarding process was bumpy at best. The files needed from ADP (our former P/R processor) to proceed with the conversion were not spelled out as clearly as they should have been. Once we got up and running the experience improved.

Sharon S.
Industry: Management Consulting
Company size: Self Employed

Solid Payroll & HRIS Platform

Reviewed on 2018/08/21
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Relatively easy set-up and it has a module for most things you would want to add on - time & attendance, benefits w/carrier feeds, performance management, etc...

Cons

It can take a few days to drill down with the customer service to get the answers/help that you need. My experience has been that the first response is not necessarily accurate and after you get them to ask around or check with a supervisor you get a better response with options for what you're trying to solve for.

Steven F.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Gets the job done!

Reviewed on 2018/09/18

The Web Time software gets the job done and I am definitely glad that our company uses this tool.

Pros

I like the way it keeps track of the employees time and alerts the time keeper when an employee has missed punches. I also like the fact that it has an app that the employees that work mainly in the communities can clock in their time without being in the main building.

Cons

I would have love to see an easier option when generating reports.

B+ payroll software

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Pros

There are some very powerful reporting features to help show turnover and labor expenses at a moments notice. There are also hundreds of other reports that help with government reporting.

Cons

Customer support is up and down - we have gone through a few account managers in the two years we've used it. Our current is not the most customer service friendly individual you would expect to see if front of customers a

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Maria C.
Industry: Hospitality

Paylocity Can Do it

Reviewed on 2017/12/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Honestly there isn't anything they can't do or adjust. One big suggestion is send your teams to the training conference for the best way to learn and manage the system. Become the expert in Paylocity and it goes a long way. Best Payroll system I ever worked with.

Pros

Quick to adapt and conform to new federal and state policies, such as the ACA and all it's reporting

Cons

Training Conference is once a year in Chicago, it would be nice to have Texas training event.......

Industry: Computer Software

Great Webpay!

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Pros

I love using Paylocity Web Pay because it is a very organized software where it allows me to access my personal information and make changes to my personal information. As a user, I am able to access all my information and it is simple to use.

Cons

The least I like about this software is that when I sign into this software, it has my personal information opened up like my address and everything. I wish they have a new tab that doesn't show my information when I login to paylocity for webpay.

Shana W.
Industry: Real Estate

Love this software!

Reviewed on 2019/09/07

Pros

Easy to use. Great for seeing where employees have worked since it runs off GPS. When people work at multiple locations, the GPS functions becomes very handy to determine pay centers. Easier than a time clock since you clock in and out on your phone.

Cons

You can only approve employees time worked or time off on a desktop or laptop. It would be great to do it from the phone app. Correcting punches can be tedious when the program doesn't accept what you have entered.

Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Super easy to navigate.

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

WebPay is so easy to navigate and easy to make any changes at a click of the mouse. Super easy to find anything you need and print statements out. Very happy with it.

Pros

I can see everything that has to do with my earnings. I can print stuff out and see exactly what deductions are being deducted.

Cons

Everything was great. I did not have any issues in 4 years of using it.

Industry: Consumer Services

Best payroll app I've used

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

This software has been easy to use and makes tracking employees payroll and benefits a seamless process, even with dozens of employees.

Pros

The ability for this app to track payroll, paid time off, pay changes, and just about anything else that a human resources manager would need makes it invaluable.

Cons

Certain features are difficult to use. And the security settings are so customizable that it can make things difficult. This may seem to be a good feature, but when setting up accounts if you are not VERY specific on what you want, it can be interpreted in a way that can make you think you have the permissions to do a task, when you are limited to only doing parts of it.

Kimberly W.
Industry: Construction
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Implementation Superstar

Reviewed on 2018/08/02
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I liked the features of Paylocity was a hybrid of Paychex and ADP together, yet so much simpler to use. The implementation was quick and a seamless process, unlike any other payroll implementation I have ever encountered. They truly build the platforms with you so you have a great understanding of the product.

Cons

There isn't much I can say negatively about Paylocity. I truly liked the functionality of the program.

Kristin S.

While there are some good things with this system, there is a lot of room for improvement.

Reviewed on 2019/02/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We have access to some settings and can customize some things. Their Onboarding feature has been a good feature.

Cons

The system is not intuitive. There are so many different parts and pieces where you have to fill in information that many times it's hard to get things to work right because there is a checkbox or field that should be filled in, but it is in a different screen or part of the system where you wouldn't think to go. There seems to be disconnection between the separate systems, Web Pay, Web Time, Web Benefits, ACA that create a lot of headache, too many errors, and lots of frustration. Also, the longer we use the system, the more errors and glitches there are that they are not able to figure out and they finally blame it on our network or the wrong browser (even though I'm using the browser they have always recommended). Our sales rep bragged up their mobile app to a great extent, but it is pathetic. There are many things that the app cannot do that the employees have to log into the website to do. By default, employees use the app for what they can and a lot of them use their fingerprint/or face recognition to get into the app. Then they cannot remember their password for the website. Our change to Paylocity 8 months ago was not a good choice.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Izabela S.
Industry: Computer Software

Great

Reviewed on 2018/11/06
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Paylocity is easy to use. Our employees do not seem to have any issues with clocking in/out or looking at their accounts.

Cons

The website requires that you do a second verification after logging in/out a few times. It can be a bit tedious.

Breanne M.
Industry: Building Materials

Awful

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

Pros

Easily import time and labor into HR and payroll - that is, when the system is working optimally.

Cons

This is a terrible system with even worse support. The only reason I haven't switched systems is because of my capacity, but I will be making it a priority to switch within the next month. The interface is terrible and they are making changes all the time. I have a rotating door of "account managers" and never get ahold of the same person twice. The system is not customizing-friendly and wants to revert back all of my changes every time they push an update. Overall - I am not pleased and would never recommend this product.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Christopher J.
Industry: Medical Practice

New customer getting started

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

We have been using since the first of the year, and so far, it has been successful.

Pros

The ability the system allows for customization has been great. The interface is clean and reporting options are thorough.

Cons

The implementation was long and sometimes difficult. Even though the interface is easy to use and easy to change. Some simpler functions are missing.