Proliant Reviews

Proliant

Discover the perfect balance of technology and service.

Parker
Parker

Great Product to Streamline Payroll

Reviewed on 2023/02/28

No matter what size of the company, with tools such as Proliant, any company can offer benefits to employees that compare to the larger companies.

Pros

This product gives small companies like ourselves the capability to offer benefits to our employees that compare to the larger companies.

Cons

There is no integration with our timeclock

Cathie
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Proliant are Industry Leaders

Reviewed on 2021/10/29

I would highly recommend Proliant for all Payroll & HR services. They have proven to us to be the industry leader!

Pros

Proliant was the best decision for our organization in 2014 because they were by far the industry leader in understanding the Affordable Care Act. As a multi-company with mostly hourly employees we needed professionals that could guide us through the law and help us be and stay compliant. We were able to continue to be an E-verify employer with the Talent Acquisition & Hiring feature. Proliant's commitment to providing employers with tools to navigate the ever changing laws brought them to the top again during the Covid-19 Crisis and reporting for the PPP loans and tax credits. They provided weekly webinars to their clients and offered great customer support.

Cons

Although the software is user-friendly, I would like to have available training sessions with professionals.

Jeremiah

Look Elsewhere

Reviewed on 2021/10/26

Proliant was a terrible decision. Nothing with them went to plan and we were never technically fully moved out of implementation even though we spent two plus years with them. The customer service provided was always terrible, so much so that we had several phone calls with upper management because of the poor treatment that we received. This being said, the sales team clearly over sold what they were able to deliver. The system is a few different systems parsed together so there is not a clear and uniform flow from one area to the other. Overall, Proliant was one of the worst mistakes that we ever made. Be weary if they try to sell you their software.

Pros

The best thing about Proliant is its cost. The software is not very expensive compared to other full suite payroll options. Additionally the main UI is somewhat pleasing and simple to use.

Cons

The worst thing about Proliant is its software. I am not sure if there is someone behind the curtain constantly changing permissions and data, but those things were certainly to us. Furthermore, their customer service is abysmal. Never have we dealt with such a company that was so inept at its own system. Even though our representatives were the "experts" they constantly had to communicate with other departments and their superiors in order to resolve even the most simple of issues.

Pam
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 2021/10/30

Overall I like Proliant a lot compared to the other payroll companies I have used in the past.
I...

I love the fact that I can always talk to the same person and if I have a question it gets answered right away and I don't have to call 10 times and talk to a different person each time and my problem never gets resolved like it was with my previous payroll companies, and if I leave a message my calls get returned in a timely manner.

Pros

The easiness of using it. Once you learn how it works it's easy to find what I need and to input payroll, as well as put in deductions for my employees.

Cons

The reports for work comp audit could be easier to find and use. I always have trouble making sure I'm not sending in the wrong dates for the audit from year to year. What makes it hard is the date of the checks versus the dates worked in that period, to make sure it lines up from year to year without overlapping. I don't want to pay work comp double because of sending the wrong dates.

Christopher
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2021/11/03

I have worked with over 5 different payroll providers and Proliant is by far the best in all aspects.

Pros

It is very easy to use and is set up in a very practical manner.

Cons

I do not have really any dislikes, maybe that it makes me change my password as an admin to often.

Reasons for Choosing Proliant

We switched simply for a better product.

Paycor

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

Cost, customer service, sales service, and ease of use. The implementation process was presented and executed way better as well.
Donna
  • Industry: Building Materials

Could be better

Reviewed on 2021/10/29

It's OK but could be a lot better. A lot of work is needed with the timekeeping interface and reports.

Pros

Most of the payroll features work well when an update doesn't break something

Cons

The timekeeping interface is a nightmare. It works well enough on it's own but the interface is not good. The customer support for the timekeeping feature is mostly non-existent.
The reports and report writer are not that great. The reports consistently leave employees out and you can't rely on the answers 100%. The report writer doesn't have cumulative total fields to create concise reports.
Much of the maintenance is not available to the administrator and you have to rely of support to update your tables for payroll and timekeeping; especially timekeeping.
Updates to software aren't adequately tested before turnover

Paycom, ADP Workforce Now, Paychex Flex and Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing Proliant

Infinisource did not treat void checks correctly

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

Perceived better reporting and void check treatment
Jennifer
  • Industry: Wholesale

So Happy We Made the Switch to Proliant!

Reviewed on 2021/11/03

I was dreading the switch because we had just gone through implementation with another provider. I have no regrets. Proliant is on top of it. Our first payroll was easy! The tax team is responsive and any issues are quickly and easily resolved. I am excited to integrate our expense reimbursement into Proliant instead of cutting checks.

Pros

The implementation team was very knowledgeable and made the transition from our previous provider seamless and painless. The Ready Pay Online platform is very intuitive and easy to navigate. Unlimited training is helpful in learning all the different aspects of the software. The customer service has been amazing; I quickly get accurate answers to all of my questions.

Cons

I still struggle with Reporting and finding or customizing reports to the content and format I need.

Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing Proliant

Workforce Now was difficult to navigate, the reporting was impossible, and there were so many issues on the back end due to poor implementation that we are still trying to correct errors. Customer service was severely lacking and the wait times and response times were unacceptable.

Sarah
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great customer service

Reviewed on 2023/02/28

Pros

Any time we have had an issue, you have responded immediately and either resolved it or found someone to help resolve the issue.

Cons

We asked that the mobile punch in and out was not available, but in order for someone to work from home we have no choice but to enable it.Ben Admin was a very rocky start with our implementation lead leaving with no notice. The new implementation lead and our ongoing Ben Admin lead have been great, but the delay in getting up and running caused us a lot of issues.

Paycom and Paylocity

Their horrible customer service

Paycor

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

Price and we felt your product was superior. Plus we felt that your customer service would be superior.
Veronica

Best Decision we made to Switch

Reviewed on 2021/10/29

My overall experience has been positive and I am able to quickly help my teammates navigate the software. Being able to access resources and training links along with the support team Proliant has in place to assist with additional training or questions you may have, has made my learning of the software very easy.

Pros

Seems very easy to learn and when you have questions, there is a section you can review how to use certain features. There are resources and training links to help you navigate the software and the support team is amazing in helping you understand how to use the software properly.

Cons

The only con I can see is occasionally the time and labor feature times out while you are working. It's quick to get back in to the feature, just haven't asked the team about how to keep it from logging out.

Phil

Proliant for rapidly-growing firm, great access to data

Reviewed on 2021/11/03

Pros

Implementation was very easy
Payroll tool is straightforward
Report Writer is fantastic

Cons

PTO management - no forecasting, review of time tracked versus requested
Variable payees on payroll can be tough to manage occasionally (we have a 1099 payroll that runs once monthly, and the payees vary - often they won't show on the payroll and we have to add them every time)

Traliant, BambooHR and Justworks

Reasons for Choosing Proliant

We had seen declining service levels from our PEO as they were acquired by larger firms (twice!) and we were fed up with the lack of direct access to our payroll and benefits data.

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

Cost, service during sale, access to data, technology forward toolset
Jessica

Great People, Clunky Software

Reviewed on 2021/11/11

The people who work there are great and very helpful! The software itself is a little clunky. Other HRIS solutions are a little user friendly but I get that it is difficult to be all things to all people. I had hoped development would be a little more nimble and our client feedback would be a bit more valuable.

Pros

It's functional. We love the service and the people at Proliant.

Cons

It's not that user friendly. The modules don't meet all our needs. ie. PTO tracking, training, performance management, compensation

BambooHR and isolved

Reasons for Choosing Proliant

they purchased SagePayroll and we shopped around. Proliant sold us with their client service and the promise of future development with our input.

isolved

Elizabeth
  • Industry: Building Materials

Best software for all in one HR

Reviewed on 2021/11/08

Pros

Best part about using Proliant is the integration all in one place.

Cons

The only issues we have ran into were communications with an account manager, which were fixed very quickly when we brought them up and addressed them.

Reasons for Choosing Proliant

The previous software was awful to use.

TimeClock Plus

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

Ease of use, cost, bait and switch sales tactics.
Jann

Great beginning into HRIS software for a small nonprofit.

Reviewed on 2021/10/29

Implementation was well-guided and training was helpful. It's not the most intuitive software I have ever used, but it's not difficult

Pros

Excel time sheets are a thing of the past, and we enjoy a timekeeping system that integrates with payroll. The Proliant set up team worked with us to track both grants and activities, which makes payroll accounting much easier. W2s and pay stubs are available for employees to access in the same system where they enter time, and they are able to make changes to their benefits allocations in the system.

Cons

The help features are not that helpful. There is a library of topics, but it is nearly impossible to navigate. The multi-factor authentication also makes me a little nuts. Because my browser is set to limit cookies, I have to log in, get a code from my email, then answer three questions every time I log in. No other site I visit is as rigorous. I understand that there is a lot of sensitive data, but might appreciate an MFA app like Salesforce uses.

Paycom and Paylocity

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

Good balance of features and price, could handle our complex grant accounting designations
Kellie

Reviewed on 2021/11/08

Conversion from our previous payroll provider was seamless and efficient.

The number one thing I...

Conversion from our previous payroll provider was seamless and efficient.

The number one thing I like about Proliant is the customer service we receive. ([SENSITIVE CONTENT] is the absolute best!)

Pros

The onboarding and online benefit enrollment is a time-saving efficient tool. Employees find it user friendly and easy to navigate. Payroll and timeclock functions are efficient and easy to use.

Cons

The reporting feature is not the easiest to navigate; however, some of it may be user issues.

Michael
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Proliant

Reviewed on 2021/11/03

Overall experience is good, but reporting and built in accountability in the system is lacking.

Pros

Easy to search employee information. Nice features like "adjusted seniority date"

Cons

Natural check functions are missing. For example, being able to easily see how much PTO was approved for a person vs how much was actually paid out.

Reasons for Choosing Proliant

Additional fees with paycom and not easy to use.

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

Seemed easy implementation (it was) and flexible. Seemed easy to use for end user employees tracking and submitting PTO requests.
Patti

Fantastic service and implementation support

Reviewed on 2021/11/03

Fantastic. Everyone who has worked with our staff was hospitable, welcoming, and professional. Response to the very few issues we encountered was swift and accurate.

Pros

Proliant is intuitive to use and training is included to get started. Onboarding team was fantastic to switch our payroll from another vendor's two products in a very short window. Reporting is very flexible in filtering and output options.

Cons

I've been completely satisfied with Proliant software.

Josh
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Fantastic Customer Service Has Earned My Loyalty

Reviewed on 2023/02/28

The system is easy and the assigned Rep is fantastic. I love knowing I have an assigned individual who is extremely responsive that sends easy, visual directions so that I quickly can accomplish whatever task I couldn't figure out on my own. Over the years, Proliant has grown with my company where it was only 1 other employee to more than a dozen today.

Pros

The software itself are generally easy and intuitive, but what I like best is the personalized customer service. My assigned Rep (Robby) is 100% fantastic. Every time I email him with a question about the platform he replies within minutes (I think the longest way was an hour or two). He sends me step-by-step screenshot directions on how to accomplish whatever I was hoping to do. He also will reach out with deadline reminders to make sure payroll and other related items stay on schedule. As to the platform, it's easy to do payroll and only takes about 10 minutes even after adding personalized PTO and commissions. Proliant's personalized customer service sets them far apart from other payroll services and has earned them a loyal customer.

Cons

I'm not an HR guy, but as the owner of a small company with a dozen employees, the task falls to me. I'm not up on a lot of the lingo so it requires me to ask more questions as it's not super-easy to figure out items on my own. Luckily, it's easy to just ask my Rep who's extremely responsive, negativing what otherwise would be a negative towards Proliant.

Nancy

DKC Review of Proliant

Reviewed on 2021/10/29

I would say that our experience has been a positive one. I have had some really great support people but they always seem to leave and we're left with some that aren't very helpful. I would like to see the training and support materials improved. They give you an overall understanding of what the tool does but, when you have an issue, it's really difficult to try and find the answer on your own.

Pros

Our implementation was very easy. Each of our implementation specialists were very engaged and knowledgeable and helpful during our implementation. The layout is is user friendly and the modules offered are all important aspects of the HR function. I also like the amount of tools provided.

Cons

While implementation was easy, the training to use the software was lacking. Watching someone go through a video of the modules wasn't as useful as being able to get into a testing site and actually use the software. I wish the guides were a little more user friendly. Sometimes it's hard to tell which guide the information I'm looking for is in. The help feature is nice but, when I tried to use it, it didn't provide me with the information I was looking for.

Emily

Reviewed on 2023/02/28

We really enjoy our customer success manager but some of the implementation team members (specifically time and labor implementation) was difficult tow work with.

Pros

We really enjoy the time and attendance portion of the software. It is also easy to navigate clocking in and out. We also enjoy it from an administrative perspective and reporting is easy to navigate.

Cons

Not mobile friendly... this has been hard for our employees to adjust to.

Paylocity and Paycor

Payroll purposes - multi-state jurisdictions

Namely

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

Price and payroll navigation.
Gina

Best Decision to Outsource Payroll to Proliant

Reviewed on 2023/05/26

We've been with Proliant for almost 10 years. Having Proliant take care of our bi-weekly payroll is great, but them filing our quarterly payroll taxes and yearly W2 forms is absolutely wonderful! It has eliminated my dealing with these tedious tasks and freed up my valuable time to work on various other office responsibilities.

Pros

Easily integrated with our company's timekeeping system. I simply upload the time punches each pay period then make any necessary adjustments (vacation time, sick days, etc.), submit and Proliant takes it from there!

Cons

I want to explore some of the other features of the Payroll processing system, especially PTO tracking. I do this myself outside of Proliant now but feel it may be easier to track within Proliant's system.

Audra
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Value

Reviewed on 2021/10/29

Overall the software has met the needs of the company.

Overall the software has met the needs of the company.

Pros

The software is easy to use for those inputting time.

Cons

Report writing is not as efficient as other payroll system. It often takes several calls or emails to get items taken care of for reporting needs.

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Choosing Proliant

Cost was a significant driver

Tonya
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Some frustrations with good stuff

Reviewed on 2021/10/29

Setup was awesome! Very knowledgeable staff helping through setup, but your account managers seem to not be nearly as helpful. Reports are very limited or hard to find specific things you're looking for.

Pros

The online factor is a definite plus and we like the mobile app.

Cons

There really wasn't a great training. Lots of access to online training materials, but sometimes it's difficult to find the training document that specifically answers your question, so you spend entirely too much time searching for an answer. Not a fan at all of the reports!

Paylocity and Paycor

Reasons for Switching to Proliant

Salesman, price, ease of use
Betsy

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2021/11/03

Customer service has always been amazing. Staff is VERY helpful.

Customer service has always been amazing. Staff is VERY helpful.

Pros

Software is very easy to use. I was pretty new to payroll when we moved to this software. The functionality of the software makes sense and moves you forward step by step.

Cons

Covid entries were a bit tedious, but it had a short term use.

Jessica
  • Industry: Wholesale

Proliant Review - Pittman Supply

Wonderful!

Wonderful!

Pros

As a small business, we were looking for a system that would help streamline our payroll process, and decided to change from TAG Employer Services to Proliant at the end of 2017. The transition was seamless. Their team was very efficient, always available to answer questions, and made the process very easy for us.

Even though our transition was completed a long time ago, the Proliant team continues to provide excellent customer service. They have online training modules, send out newsletters and make sure to be in contact with changing payroll laws and regulations. I never worry about missing an update and feel very lucky to have Proliant in my corner.

Cons

There's really nothing I dislike about this software

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Reviewed on 2023/06/12

Pros

From an end user perspective Proliant is fine. It reports details accurately, securely and in an easy to understand fashion. From an admin perspective Proliant has some quirks that make it a little finicky and harder to integrate with other systems.

Cons

It has redundant data fields in which some cases are populated and used but other cases are left blank. This has created confusion and mistakes that are easy to correct with training but seem like they could be avoided with some refinement to the product.