Procare Solutions

Marlene R.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great Software for Child Care Centers

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

We love this program. It provides us with one place to quickly find out so much information. Log-in and see total enrollment, enrollment by classes or ages. Tracks child information without searching through files or looking in multiple places. Tracks employee attendance and any other info you might want to add like: Date of Hire, schedules, vacation time accrued or used, etc. Many things a pre-programed, but you can personalize it yourself or request assistance from a fantastic customer service person. This makes my job so much easier, especially with continual changes to State Day Care Licensing regulations. You do have to enter each child's information when they enroll, but once and it's done. Can update any information with only a few clicks and everyone that you assign a role can see everything.

Pros

Simplicity of use. Saves paperwork. Can be used to create reports. Easily see everyone who is still in the building (children and staff members). Records many different types of information (attendance, immunizations, medicals, state required paperwork, Food Program info for the USDA CACFP, tuition fees, and other misc info.) You can program it to add user specific information such as allergies, restricted pick-up, authorized individuals for pick-up, etc. We even have a door unit that stores fingerprints of authorized individuals for pick-up and then allows the door to unlock for entry.

Cons

W e have had to replace the door unit after someone cracked the screen and someone just chipped the fingerprint reader which may need replaced (it is still working). This is the result of individual user misuse though and not an actual flaw of the program or hardware. There is an annual update fee, but it is well worth the cost for the time and paperwork it saves.

Linda T.

Make your job easier

Reviewed on 2021/03/18

I cannot imagine doing my job without Procare!

Pros

I love that it is cloud based. I can sign on anywhere to help my customers and staff.
I like that all of my files are paperless.
It is good for tracking when a something is coming due or is past due. It offers good reports.
I like that everything is in one app. I also use the Kid Reports app for and I love that all of the data is transferred automatically.

Cons

I have been using this software since 2010 and there is always improvements that help make our job better.

Enrollsy, Famly, LifeCubby, HiMama and brightwheel

Reasons for Switching to Procare Solutions

Our management team researched several Procare competitors. Our team attended webinars for other products, but there was not any software that was able to provide us with everything that is offered with Procare. Other companies seemed good, but they were always lacking one or more of the platforms that are included with Procare. Our center uses the Family/Accounting, Employee Data, Vendors/Expenses, Time/Attendance Tracker, and Food Modules. The family communication Kid Report app is also used by our center. There is just not another software available that can provide the all in one service that Procare offers. I highly recommend it!

Great solution for child care providers

Reviewed on 2021/12/02

Pros

Easy to use, excellent parent portal and child checkin/out options, billing is fast and easy. Customer support is very responsive. Price is very affordable. Has cloud options in addition to on-prem. Procare integration team helped to quickly and easily migrate from our old system to Procare.

Cons

Some of the GUI looks a bit dated. Menu system navigation can be a bit convoluted at first, but doesn't take long to get used to the workflow.

Cindy A.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Not sure

Reviewed on 2021/12/21

good

Pros

billing for parents
when items are due for children

Cons

waiting to talk to talk with tech support

Brittany S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Excellent Parent Connection

Reviewed on 2021/09/29

Pros

We love the availability to talk to parent at anytime of the day. If its about their child, items needed, billing and payments or just thanking them for choosing us as the provider. Helps keep the Director off the phone and hands on in the classrooms.

Cons

Parents not able to pay on the app, but I know the company is working on making this available.

Reasons for Switching to Procare Solutions

Love the accessibility of our Desktop Procare connecting all information for each child as well as our staff.

Response from Procare Software

Thanks for the amazing review Brittany - have a great day!

Sarah S.

Preschool User

Reviewed on 2021/12/09

ProCare is a wonderful program to manage our preschool. I highly recommend this management system.

Pros

I love that it is easy to enter in and manage student/family information. I also love that it can cross contacts among multiple families. The various reports are very helpful, and you can send text messages through this program as well.

Cons

I am not able to list students in multiple classes. So if they are enrolled in both two and three day classes, I have to keep switching the account when printing out those class reports. I wish they had a feature to enroll in multiple classes.

Joanne N.

I love ProCare

Reviewed on 2021/12/09

Pros

ProCare is easy to use and we also use Tuition Express for billing and tuition. We also just added ProCare reports. Now parents can get up to date information at the touch of a button, rather than waiting for a daily report at pick up time.

Cons

ProCare offers so many different kind of reports, that it is sometimes difficult to find the one you want, but then I just call the customer service number and they help me locate what I am looking for.

Sabrina S.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Not Bad...

Reviewed on 2021/12/09

Pros

I like the notifications and the ability to see messages and pictures.

Cons

I have used several apps for this DayCare/School space - this one could use the following improvements:
-Ability to email/message the teacher and/or the Director directly
-Ability to like/comment on photos/posts
-Calendar Communication/integration

Emily A.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Procare user

Reviewed on 2021/11/25

Pros

I use Procare to check my child in and out of daycare. It makes the check in process efficient and it was easy to understand. I can also see updates on when anyone else checks my child in or out.

Cons

I have not yet discovered how to complete check in/check out without having to scan a QR code at the daycare. If I forget my phone when I bring my child to school, I have to ask the teacher to perform check in for me.

Megan M.

Procare - Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2021/11/24

Pros

It’s very easy to use and makes communication with my child’s teachers simple.

Cons

I don’t really have anything I dislike about it so far.

Debbie J.

Procare Cloud

Reviewed on 2020/10/02

I love Procare. The slow customer service can be a pain, but it is still great. The value is immeasurable for me. Our whole childcare center runs thru Procare, it is much more than a simple data base to take the place of QuickBooks. If Procare did not exist tomorrow, I would be in a world of hurt! I spend several hours a day on it, between bookkeeping, meals, lesson plans, attendance, and more. I am not sure how a daycare operates with out it.

Pros

The cloud keeps everything updated on all our seats. That is good to know, when you log in, that the attendance and accounts are up to date. We love having pictures of kids, parents, and people allowed to pick up children, it is a great feature. The modules we have work fantastic. I have been a procare user since it was a new company, and I still think it is the best program out there for child care centers.

Cons

GROWING PAINS! I believe Procare has grown so much, that they have lost a little personal service. It can take days to get in touch with someone, and several voicemails to get a call returned. It used to not be so.
I do hope they can adjust and get the great customer service back.

Response from Procare Software

Hi Debbie We really appreciate your positive review! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying Procare at your child care center! We are sorry that the customer service you have experienced has been less than stellar. Someone from our team will be getting in contact with you to speak with you about what we can do to improve your experience in the future. Again, thank you for your review. We appreciate you as a customer!

Kelly O.

We love Procare!

Reviewed on 2020/03/24

Overall I have a great experience! We have a large center with kids infant up to 13 years. We also are unique in that we use it for our swimming programs too. These range from 2 years old up to adults and the customer support to help us set this up was fantastic!

Pros

Procare does a lot for our center! We also love how there are additional features you can add on. It is great for tracking families, payments, and even adding activities. Overall we have had good experiences with the customer support. We also love the cloud so we can access this anywhere! The customer support is usually great as well. The people are willing to help and teach you learn more about Procare's capabilities!

Cons

Procare does a lot but some of the features are a bit updated. The texting feature isn't great. It still uses phone emails to send these and we always have problems with it working correctly. The emails are also not great. It can't be customized, images can not be added unless it is an attachment and it can only come from one email administrator unless your company uses Outlook. I also feel like the customer support overall is great but sometimes, I get someone who doesn't seem to know what he is talking about. After a long wait, this can be very frustrating.

Reasons for Switching to Procare Solutions

Procare does so much and can be purchased in pieces for exactly what you need.
Faith W.

Carpool function and Alphabetizing problem

Reviewed on 2019/11/20

Pros

In the two years of use of Kinderlime there have been alot of adjustments and learning of how to best use this product to meet our needs. The customer service is always very responsive even though we are in a totally different timezone. They have also sought to resolve issues as they come up as relate to our specific organization and help direct how to use things that we have trouble with.

Cons

I am reviewing two features as they are what I am currently working through in using the software.
1. We have been trying to implement the carpool feature to avoid individuals having multiple pins for different children they are picking up. The carpool feature is too difficult to monitor. When the caregiver is a parent, the next time that name is used as a carpool it must be added as a carpool to each sibling even if they are linked. Also, to use the carpool feature the individual must first be a parent or caregiver in the system on another child. If that status changes in any way (original parent or caregiver is deleted) the individual is also deleted from being a carpool entry in multiple other locations. There is no warning pop up indicating the individual being removed will also be removed from other locations.
2. The alphabetical sorting not traditional alpha order and does not match up to other lists causing confusion when making comparisons between other school softwares or reports that use normal alpha ordering. From what I have observed Kinderlime alpha order does not consider any commas or spaces thus greatly affecting sort order (for instance a traditional sort would consider the punctuation and spacing to show Su, John; Su, Joseph; Su, Lisa; Suki, Mary while kinderlime makes the order to be Su, John; Su, Joseph, Suki, Mary; Su, Lisa ignoring the commas and spaces looking only at the actual letters. In a longer list this is very frustrating & confusing.

Chandra C.

Good Program

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

It's a bit expensive for a part time program like what I run, but overall I am very satisfied and hope it continues to be worth the money as they are always making updates to their program.

Pros

It's easy to use and navigate. The updates usually add another useful part to the program. I love the layout and the easy on the eyes colors. Just about everything can be customized or added to to fit our needs. The reports section has just about everything I need to run. And the check in and out process with signatures meet my license specialists needs.

Cons

The messaging system is really my biggest complaint. It is not easy to navigate or stay on top of easily. I like that everyone in the info circle gets the messages, but it’s difficult to answer a lot of parents when you have to leave incoming to check sent for each message, and check dates to make sure you are not seeing an older response. If the messages were more like a feed or email run so that you could see sent and responses together for each child. Second issue I have ran into several times, is not being able to do newsletters through the desk top version on my tablet. I work a lot on the go, and don’t have access to a laptop. So, this is something I am only able to do from a desk top or laptop system. The only other thing that ends up quite time consuming is running log in and out reports for each child. At this time for licensing needs I have to run each child’s log separately. I wish we could run more at a time. That would be a huge time saver. Also, if a mistake is made to a not and sent to multiple accounts, if there is a mistake you have to go in and fix each note under each child rather than a master fix.

Reasons for Choosing Procare Solutions

This is a better program and offered an easier softwear to navigate.

Kindertales

Reasons for Switching to Procare Solutions

Aesthetically pleasing, ease of use, and their online registration was a huge one along with the option to have a signature for check in and out.
Mo R.

Left Kinderlime but came back after 2 months!

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

It's got all the bells and whistles yet maintains a clean and uncomplicated design. We actually tried going with a competitor after issues with Stripe and dealing with Kinderlime's messaging system and came back after using the other one for 2 months. Kinderlime truly is so user friendly and if I ever have a question, I get a response within the hour. It's good to be home!

Pros

This software is so user friendly! The layout and design is easy to navigate through. The billing feature has been the greatest asset using this software.

Cons

Our biggest issues with Kinderlime have been over the messaging system. I don't like that it doesn't show the string of messages between the parents and staff. You can't see at a glance if a staff member replied to a parent's message and sometimes messages get missed and no one replies thinking someone else did. It makes us look unprofessional when we aren't sure if a message has been answered. Our other issue was with Stripe and almost $20,000 not being deposited into our account for 3 months until our accountant caught it. No one from Stripe or Kinderlime informed us that they were needing additional info for security, even though we had already been using the system for over a year. It was nearly impossible to speak to someone from Stripe with NO customer service. Another level of communication between the two would be helpful. Kinderlime was so helpful in getting the issue resolved.

Courtney P.

Using Kinderlime with Our After-school Program for New Americans

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Using Kinderlime in our after-school program has been beneficial in the following ways:

- It's allowed us to ensure that our staff to participant ratios are always met
- It's allowed us to better know each and every one of our kids. We see over 120 children each week. The program allows us to more easily remember faces and names, siblings and parents!
- It's given us peace of mind knowing that student emergency information is right on hand if needed.
- It's given us one single platform to manage participant attendance and volunteer attendance.
- It's allowed us to use one platform to manage our particpantion in the CACFP program and complete our meal tracking in one, easy place.
- It's given us the ability to quickly pull student and program data for grant writing purposes and for logistics. For example, in seconds we ewre abel to get a list of student names and addresses for our new van driver, making pick up a breeze.

Pros

What we like most about the program is that it allows us to connect more meaningfully with the parents of the New Americans children we serve in our programs, through the messaging features and newsletter features. It's provided our parents, who are often not invited to participate in their children's care or schooling, with an accessible way to stay engaged with their children and with our program.

Cons

So many of our parents and children are English Language Learners, and are new technology users. It would benefit our program greatly if there were more opportunity to directly engage with parents and participants through the app. Specifically, allowing us to direct and mass message and text them consistently! This is because our parents are more apt to use a texting feature over an emailing or app feature. We've found this to be the truth with our grandparents as well. Our program provdes full transportation to participants, we pick up and drop off kids at home. Having the ability to text parents a notification when their child is on the bus, or about to be picked up, would be fantastic for our logistics, parent engagement and participant safety.

Laurie S.

We needed HELP!

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Our before- and after-school care service has realized a marked improvement in percentage of payments received due to the invoicing and statement features of Kinderlime. We are much better able to communicate about delinquent accounts and show parents and caregivers their records so that confusion or misunderstanding are eliminated and positive and cooperative customer relations are preserved.

Pros

Kinderlime allowed me and my staff to stay in real-time connection with our attendance, communications with parents and caregivers, and billing all in one platform! I am now able to keep records and communications at hand so that I provide efficient customer service to all stakeholders, including staff. I so appreciate that Kinderlime continuously improves the platform based on input from end users (like me) and always (ALWAYS) responds to requests for help or clarification before the day ends. (I am on the east coast so a time difference is expected.) Kinderlime tech support's prompt replies and interactions through the chat function have always been helpful and thoroughly clarifying. I recommend this service without hesitation or hidden concerns. You will be very satisfied!

Cons

The only challenge I have is that the theme and font colors are sometimes difficult to see. I have to angle my screen "just so" to see things well. The colors are very pleasant, though, so I wouldn't want them to change much.

Ambar B.

Everything I need, anywhere I need it.

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Kinderlime has been with me since day one, from the moment I was licensed. Everything was in one place no need to have rosters and billing spreadsheets and have to enter formulas and hassle with paper sign-in sheets. It is always one of the first things I introduce parents to when they tour our home. I can't say enough great things about it. After the parents start using it they tell the family and friends about it and how they can see what the kiddo is doing, eating, learning, they truly love it. I get to share the milestones and happy faces from the daily activities in a way that it makes the time they spend on the phone all about their little one. Invoice Billing is one of the top things I love keeps me super organized.

Pros

I can access Kinderlime from my desktop, cellphone tablet. and so can my parents. It is super easy to use. It is designed to be paperless and it allows me to run my Home Daycare with ease, even when I am not in the office.

Cons

There is not much more I can ask of the features and functions of Kinderlime. I do participate in the Child Nutrition Program and I have to go to different software to enter my meals and attendance, it would be nice to integrate Kinderlime with the programs like KidKare.

Hero, KidKare and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to Procare Solutions

As I was just starting off with my new home daycare, Kinderlime price and features were the essential basics that I needed. Going on 1 year using Kinderlime they have added so many more functions. Customer support is always quick to help and the new webinars are a great way to be interactive with learning how to better use the software.
Debbie J.

Procare for Parents

Reviewed on 2019/11/16

Procare saves us many hours every week. We do not figure accounts or depend on spreadsheets, or even correct data entry. We do have about 5 parents that like to pay cash, but the other 50 or so families all pay with debit card or auto debit, which automatically posts to their account and updates. It helps us to look professional and current. It is also a great safety feature. Procare has a place for pictures of each child, parent, and anyone the parent authorizes to pick up their children. So we can quickly access who can pick up a child and what they look like. Everyone at my center loves Procare and it improves the quality of my business.

Pros

Our Parents are always impressed that we are set up on a computer system for checking their children in and out. They really enjoy the fingerprint option for the most part. Some of the grandparents and a few parents do not have fingerprints that can be distinguished well enough to use, but they do have the option of using a code. Being able to look at their account, pay their account, and get their receipt emailed to them is just genius. It works perfectly, and requires no time on our part at all. The only thing we do is update the accounts on Monday morning. It truly is a great program for child care centers.

Cons

I would have to say, for the parents that do have to use a code instead of a fingerprint, have to use 2 separate numbers; a code, and a pass code. They get used to it, but at first grumble a bit about it.

Chalayne P.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Procare is the best over other softwares I've tried

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

Collections and Tuition Express has been a blessing, almost EVERY parent Has been impressed with the idea that we can take a debit or credit card they can also login in the evenings after they've taken care of their families and pay their bill or check on tomorrow's schedule it's made our life easier. I like to work smater vs harder and thus totally fits in to with us.

Pros

I love just about everything in this software it is so efficient. Covers all my bases for the business side of things and customer service side of things. I've dealt with other softwares in my career at least 4 and this is the best. I can't see me ever changing software again. I use it for everything and there still Room to grow. I still need to learn things that I'm not using to the fullest, so I got more than my money's worth. I highly recommend that you give it a whirl. I don't think oe see anyone being disappointed. The support team there for us is truly AMAZING. THANK YOU Procare!!

Cons

Learning or trying any new software is difficult and a nightmare in itself. Y
This was not a nightmare and I have more to learn and it's already doing so much for me. If that's what I like the least I'm doing really good.

Connie M.

Procare Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

I really like that parents are able to log into myprocare.com and view their account balance, payment history, and make a payment without my assistance. It saves me time and energy and gets us the tuition payments quickly. Overall, I have had a very positive experience. Tech support is stellar!!

Pros

It is easy to use. When I have a question or an issue, customer support is very responsive and helpful both via the phone or online chat. I really like the online wait list module that allows prospective families to contact us. It allows the prospective family to enter their information and it is automatically integrated into the client database with a few easy steps, no re-entry necessary. I also really like the myprocare parent portal which allows parents to log into their account ledger, view and print statements, make payments and more. The payments made their are automatically posted to their ledger card and deposited into our account. It is slick and easy and saves me time! I also really like that I am the one that processes the ACH payments each month. This makes my relationship with my parents much easier versus our old system where a 3rd party processed them making error resolution sometimes a nightmare.
This system gives me the flexibility to change the amount to reflect more accurately the amount owed as well as stopping payments easily when a family unenrolls from the program..

Cons

Creating certain reports, like a waiting list by age, can be tricky and took me some time to get set up. In a previous iteration of this software, pre V10, there was a labeled report already created that you just set date parameters of "waiting list" enrollment and voila, a waiting list was created for you. I also wish you could add a stand alone field to the client profile that designates a funding source for each client. It would help for enrollment and budgeting purposes. The only other draw back is the cost of the financial transactions, but those are inline with the rest of the retail industry. Just hard on the non-profit budget to spend money on convenience for the parents.

Lorraine M.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Top Notch

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

We had constant issues with our families understanding their billing and the emails they were receiving. With ProCare everything is clear, concise and I am in control of what emails are going out which has helped tremendously. Summer is our busiest time as we run a summer camp and this year has been so much easier than last year. I refer to ProCare as the "Cadillac" of child care software and it has run smoothly from the first drive off of the showroom floor.

Pros

Ease of billing for the child care services for our 120+ students.

Cons

That's tough because I really like the system. One piece I won't use is Tuition Express as I find it far too expensive (I have worked around it to keep our accounts receivable in a pre-paid status and all payments done by ACH which keeps our expenses down.)

Reasons for Choosing Procare Solutions

Parents, staff, administration and accounting functions were all very frustrating and we wanted a system that would serve our needs.

Smartcare

Reasons for Switching to Procare Solutions

It wasn't hard to find excellent reviews from people who were using ProCare. Another company I do the accounting for uses Brightwheel and we are moving that to ProCare as well.
Kimberly S.

Great software but needs some tweaking

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

As described above, it has many perks and we do appreciate the flexibility it has given our school. I would absolutely recommend it to other people. However, we switched from an older version of Child Care Manager and lost some basic functionality for an "upgraded" software. Those issue need to be addressed to make sure this software stays as competitive as it needs to.

Pros

It's easy to use and offers the components we need. Helped us be able to use credit cards for our families and offer online registration. Great for tracking staff hours, shot records, etc. I like that this service is cloud-based and be accessed off-site. Makes my job easier.

Cons

It's missing some common sense elements - such as allowing families to enroll and complete all data for younger siblings. We have to do it on paper and enter the information manually. It is also missing some niceties such as preprogrammed signatures on emails - when you send them many times a day, it gets frustrating having to type a 3-4 line title each time. These are just two examples, but there are many small, yet inconvenient issues like these. Seems like these types of things were overlooked and could be easily corrected. We have called customer service with numerous questions and for the items that were not offered, we explained the need for them. NO CHANGES HAVE BEEN IMPLEMENTED TO DATE. It's frustrating that customer feedback isn't a bigger priority.

Tiffani W.

It's a good product

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

When I call I typically get good customer service.

Pros

I like the ability to automate billing based on contracts that are setup...and reconciling payments to the accounts immediately upon payment.

Cons

- The interface for the desk product is very antiquated
- I'd prefer the option to print the 'application' for my files. Currently we still use a paper form and I type everything into Procare because all of the fields and information I need isn't available online. I want a completely online registration process.
- I want to capture student photos directly from procare using my laptop instead of having to import/upload photos
- I want an app to communicate with parents. I currently upload all my parents to Remind and use that technology to communicate with parents.
- I purchased a unit for parents to be able to sign the students in and we never got it to work properly so we are still doing a manual/paper sign in process.

Casey T.

Decent basic functionality, but limited application

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Serves a limited purpose, but is falling behind. We may start looking elsewhere

Pros

The system is easy to use for basic functions- child attendance, billing, child info tracking, basic reports.

Cons

Procare seems to be trying to expand functionality to different applications (Kids Report, etc). However, their core offerings are dated and have had few improvements to make them more functional. I submit requests for functionality, but few things ever change. Here are my top items to change, that would improve the system:

Basic:
1. Mail merge document is terrible and incredibly limited. I should be able to create a licensing-compliant registration form for parents, which includes emergency contacts, allergies, medical insurance number, etc.
2. Staff timecards are poorly designed. After years of using the timecards, we stopped. Using our payroll providers timecards are a far superior experience. Editing timecards was awful, building in automation was challenging, and the check in/out was a poor experience.
3. The user interface using two different codes is onerous. All other systems we use has just one login pin.
4. There is no data viewer report to access all info in the SQL database. To create a simple pre-filled registration code, I have to download numerous data viewer reports, combine them, manipulate data, and then mail merge into a document. It's almost not worth it.
5. MyProcare is pretty terrible. It looks like a 2005 UI, has limited functionality, you can't update your own information, and customization is poor

Advanced:
1. There is no API to access the SQL backend. Without integration, it severely limits what we can do with the system.