Procare Reviews

Procare

Web-based childcare management system

4.8/5 (589 reviews)

We are a licensed preschool and childcare facility that has used the software daily for many years.

Reviewed on 2/22/2018

Daily operations, accounting practices, collecting staff and student information and communication.

Pros

ProCare's versatility is extremely impressive. We use this application for students and staff alike as our sign in station and communication tool. This helps us track student and staff attendance down the day and minute which is invaluable to grant reporting, payroll and tuition reimbursements.

ProCare also has many useful faucets for early childhood organizations, such as behavior tracking, immunization records, emergency contacts and other pertinent information. As a Director that is responsible for all billing, income collection, and taxes, one of the most useful and irreplaceable aspects is the Family and Agency Accounting sections as well as Tuition Express. These areas are key to making sure we stay on top of our financial health.

I honestly cannot say how phenomenal this software is. The substantial amounts of report types are endless and extremely helpful in all areas of running and producing a professional preschool and child care facility.

We are also a two site facility and switching to ProCare Cloud has been the best monthly investment.

Cons

Interfacing software with our Website and Facebook Page. We recieve a lot of traffic through these sites and we would love to be able to collect date straight to ProCare through these web resources.

Response from Procare Software

Amanda ¿ We¿re glad Procare¿s versatility helps your center in so many ways. It¿s also great to see your suggestion about integrating with your center¿s website, Facebook, and similar places parents seek information. One way you can do that right now, as a Procare Cloud customer, is to place a link on your site (or anywhere you choose) for new families to register online. You can also make a link available for current families to log in, review information, choose schedules, pay online, and more at MyProcare! See: http://procaresupport.com/myprocare-overview/

Awesome Tech support.

Reviewed on 2/12/2018

Pros

It can keep track of the immunizations. It alerts us when immunizations are going to expire. Tracking and changing classrooms is a breeze.

Cons

We can't put comments on each child or employees. For example, teacher calls out, we don't have a place to keep track of call outs and the same with students, if a parent has a concern, we have to write it down, but prefer to keep track on ProCare. Less steps is always best when it comes to billing and charges, etc. It is a challenge to just delete one sibling when they have moved on to another school and the younger one is still with us. I have had tech support, but still shows up. If I delete the one sibling, it deletes both students on the folder so I end up adding them both back on the hidden folder. I just want to hide the one that moved on.

Response from Procare Software

Yolanda ¿ We¿re glad you¿ve had such positive interactions with our Tech Support team and that immunization tracking and classroom management are now a breeze. As for adding comments to children or staff, there are a few different ways that could be done including using Log Notes for items that require a permanent record. Also, when children leave theYolanda ¿ We¿re glad you¿ve had such positive interactions with our Tech Support team and that immunization tracking and classroom management are now a breeze. As for adding comments to children or staff, there are a few different ways that could be done including using Log Notes for items that require a permanent record. Also, when children leave the center, typically you¿ll want to unenroll them but maintain their records for historical purposes (rather than delete them)¿and it¿s perfectly fine if their sibling is still in attendance. This article on when (and how) to remove a child may be helpful: http://procaresupport.com/remove-child/

The Procare Whisperer - AKA - Benji

Reviewed on 12/8/2016

So... I had one little question, right? One little itty bitty - probably could have figured it out by myself - question. But.... it's people's finances, so I called to make sure I didn't screw anything up.

Holy Goodness Gracious. NO.

I solved what I had initially called about - but I still scheduled an additional call with the rep because of how many ???s he answered that I didn't even know I had.

I started with TE and Procare about 6 mos. ago. I simply take parents tuition for a small(ish) preschool. That's it. No big deal. The person who was in this position before me trained me the best she could on the software and she was trained by someone else who really never understood the initial training given to her. Follow all that? Yeah. Exactly.

Enter our rep.

I seriously have sat in front my computer using Tuition Express software every week for 6 mos. I've never fully understood it, never appreciated what it could do and can promise I've never been excited about exploring its further uses.

I've been called by your sales department 3 times to consider Cloud services and MyProcare. Firm no. Every time.

I can tell you that after speaking with our rep - I'll be bringing a proposal to switch to Cloud capabilities soon. Our rep made me feel comfortable with my software abilities, taught me how to use TE better. He taught me about the ins and outs of TE that I wasn't even aware I was missing. (POS, files, individual posting, etc).

Our rep's enthusiasm, his passion toward your product, and his knowledge of the Family Data and Accounting Portal is above and beyond. He was encouraging & really sparked my interest to now speak with Shauna about Ledger & Expense and Employee & Payroll.

Our rep cemented my opinion that my school should stick with TE software. He inspired me to learn more about it. He sold me on the idea of additional portals - and as someone who is supposed to be running a tight ship - that's no easy task. I'm pretty sure I even exclaimed "Hot Damn!" in a church preschool more than once today.

My background is in Sales Management and Customer Service, our rep is a gem of an employee and please be so aware of that. He is a representative for you in every sense of the word. Professional, knowledgeable, fun to talk to and passionate about what he's working with. A++

Pros

It's fluidity. It can grow with us and help us grow. It can be my checks and balances so that I will always be accountable to my staff, my parents and my board. I can organize and create clear reports in ways I wasn't able to do previously. Amazing stuff really.

Cons

Learning it. It's hard to self-navigate. But the training you can get is very good.

Great as a parent or director

Reviewed on 11/21/2018

Overall, if you're looking for a central place to organize all the many things that come with childcare, this is the best product on the market that I'm aware of.

Pros

I first used Procare as a parent in my infant son's childcare center. It was easy to check him in and out by having an ID and password number and I loved that I could see my balance on our account and get messages from the director of the childcare center.

When I took over at a different center as the director, I was pleased to see they used the same program. Additionally, this center increased the ease of checking in and out by having a fingerprint scanner for parents to check students out and for employees to clock in/out. As a director I could easily see which students were there on the home page and the home page was customizable to what I wanted to see (ex. upcoming staff/child birthdays, children currently checked in, children recently checked in/out etc.). There is another tab where detailed children information is easily inputted and organized as well as an employee tab.

I really haven't seen anything else within childcare systems that has as many options and functions as Procare.

Cons

Some reports can be difficult to find and not, at least to me, logically sequenced. However, I can usually Google to find the answer.
I would love Procare to come out with an app for classroom teachers to access and parents to access where teachers can input students eating records and parents can pay their balance.

Response from Procare Software

Marissa - Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Also, we have good news--parents can pay online through the MyProcare portal--and our KidReports app is perfect for staff to record meals, daily sheet entries, photos, videos and more. See: https://www.procaresoftware.com/products-and-services/services/kidreports/

A little frustrating. A lot of good features, but some really complicated features too

Reviewed on 3/16/2018

It does make keeping track of the daily issues at our center easy.

Pros

I like the dashboard. I like the ability to have the child and parent photos on the screen. The clock in and out is great.

Cons

I really don't like the reports. I don't like that you have to go in EACH time and say currently enrolled children. There are a lot of really complicated features. I'm really frustrated that when this was set up in August of 2017 the accounting and payroll was not set up properly and we have not been paying our employees overtime for the entire time until today when I KNEW that there were some employees that had overtime. This is a huge issue and I'm not even sure how to go forward from here. Tech support fixed it, but did say that it was not set up properly on their end from the beginning.

Response from Procare Software

Barbara ¿ We¿re glad to hear Procare makes it easy to keep track of daily items, but sorry you¿ve experienced frustration in other areas. As to reports, you may save the settings (such as ¿Enrolled¿ children) by choosing the ¿Save Settings¿ button at the bottom of the reports screen. Regarding payroll, when a new position (like ¿Teacher¿) is created it automatically defaults to paying overtime for that position. The reason you may choose to uncheck the overtime box is for things like sick time, vacation, and jury duty, that would not count toward overtime hours. We apologize for any confusion. More information on pay codes and overtime settings may be found here: http://procaresupport.com/pay-codes/

2.0/10

I've used it for 6.5 years and absolutely LOVE it! Wonderful program, no regrets!

Reviewed on 11/17/2017

Pros

I love Procare's Customer Service! They are so willing to answer questions and help where needed. I appreciate the fact that they are constantly to working to enhance Procare's features which in return benefit us as user.

Cons

The only thing I do not like about Procare is the online waiting list. We have now switched over to MyProcare but there are glitches. They can't put another child on the waiting list if they already have a child enrolled. This makes it hard for expectant mother OR when families can only get one child in at a time. I also don't like how we can't search by DOB. We've had to create personalized questions that allow us to "track" by birth year and it is really hard to do. We need to be able click on an age and have it automatically pull up every child that is that current age. ALSO, once last thing. I HATE that it show children's ages in months. It needs to show it with years and months like on the children's profiles. Stating that a child is 105 months old DOES NOT HELP. :) Other than the waitlist Procare is AMAZING!!!

Response from Procare Software

Monica - Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. We appreciate your input on using MyProcare as your online waiting list. One recently added feature we think you'll like is the ability to filter by age -- so you can view just families with children of a certain age.

V9 to V10 Conversion

Reviewed on 8/9/2016

We have use Procare for 15 years and love it! We do not have all the modules but most of them. We work within Procare 80% of our day. We have recently converted to V10 and are working often with Support to help us with or little challenges.

Pros

We have found the video's to be awesome! The help feature is the Best! The helpfulness and person care from all the support staff is A+ !!! Love Remote Access by the staff!!!

Cons

It's a challenge learning all the new buttons and new reports but at some point it will become second nature. County ledgers did not transfer correctly and had missing data. Thankfully Support has taken it over to work on to see what is the best and simplest solution for our specific situation.

Response from Procare Software

Hello Pam, and welcome to Procare v10! Thank you for your review. We really appreciate hearing suggestions from our customers and are glad that our amazing tech team was able to help. Rest assured we are here to give you another one of our famous customer care Procare Hugs if you need any help in the future.

Procare Software

Reviewed on 3/5/2019

Overall the software has been able to provide us with a more efficient use of our time

Pros

Procare is very easy to use and has many functions that assist in the overall operations of the child care program that I own and manage. It makes recordkeeping very easy and less time consuming allowing us to devote more of our time to the children and our staff.

Cons

There are some functions regarding signing children in and out, if a parent forgets to sign a child out they are not able to sign them in again the next day, and their child's time card gets all messed up. If there was a way that the system automatically signed the children out (that the parents forgot to) it would make it much easier for them to sign in in the morning. Also school age kids, would be nice if they could sign themselves in and out when coming back from school or leaving for school.

Response from Procare Software

Tami - We're glad you like the many easy-to-use functions. As to checking children in and out, we are currently working toward a simplified process we believe will alleviate issues with parents forgetting to check kids out. Of course you can also use the Batch Check Out feature to quickly make sure all kids are checked out at the end of the day. And for school-age children you can absolutely let them sign in and out by simply adding them as an authorized pickup for themselves. Hope that helps!

Procare Child Care Management system is an Owner/Administrator's "best friend". Excellent and ez.

Reviewed on 7/11/2016

We have used Procare since 1996 and tried 2 other systems prior to finding out more about Procare through use of their demo. We've upgraded each version which has enhanced services each time. The sales and technical support personnel are very informative, friendly, and accessible. We also use Tuition Express which makes collections a breeze. Additionally, we use the keyless entry system for enhanced security. Procare has kept up with the needs of families and childcare center management by making these additional options.

Pros

Cost effective--not expensive and pays for itself in short time
User friendly with lots of tutorials, webinars, and on phone as well as on line support
State of the art technology to meet current and future needs
Technicians work with teachers, administrators and I/T people as needed with ease and friendliess
Fast service, product delivery
Attractive software--"eye appeal" to users

Cons

I love everything about this software!

I very much dislike Procare

Reviewed on 12/22/2016

The old procare was so easy and user friendly. The new version is a nightmare, way too complicated. if you forget your password you can't use one you've previously used, you need a password just to place an email back to them, tech support a nighmare to get a hold of or get a straight answer. If i could switch to another company I would!

Pros

The fingerprinting option for logging in

Cons

Too complicated, hate procare, old version was user friendly, this version you need an IT degreee, too many passwords required (just to send an email asking for tech support quesion!) If you're gonna sell me a product this complicated there should be 24/7 tech support, we should have had a live demo/training session. Look at your form that says tell us a bit more about yourself? Isn't everyone using this product in childcare? You want me to scroll through that list to id my industry?!?!?

Response from Procare Software

Hello Mindy,

We were happy to connect with you and are glad your session with Michelle from Tech Support was helpful in learning how to reset your password and how to use the Batch Check In/Out function. Chasity from Client Services has scheduled training with our experts to get your whole team up and running with V10. Please know that our 5-star support team is here to help and to ensure you are enjoying the many benefits of Procare.

0.0/10

Procare

Reviewed on 11/27/2018

Procare is how my business runs! We use it for all payments, sign in and out sheets, time cards for staff, scheduling students even simple things like birthday lists. Procare is the staple in my child care.

Pros

There are tons of things you can do with this software. It is very versatile and has lots of features. The customer support is really really good. I'm sure they realize their software is difficult so it's nice to know I can call and speak to a live person who will guide me through whatever steps to help me with what I'm doing. They are always very polite and helpful.

Cons

This software is rather complicated to use! The software is for child cares and in my experience most child cares are full of people with degrees in child care and psychology! Finding a tech savvy person isn't as easy. I have tried my best to understand and take notes along the way-but I would say this software is NOT user friendly. Plus, there are times when a pop-up window comes up changing a setting and if you choose it you can never change the setting back. I learned that the hard way...

Response from Procare Software

Cynthia - It's great to hear that Procare is a staple in your center and that you appreciate the versatility and features. We strive to make Procare easy to use and provide free training--along with free technical support and online learning tools. We are here to support your continued success and are always are just a phone call away!

7.0/10

Love it. customer service agent was most helpful this morning

Reviewed on 1/11/2018

The ability to manage my childcare center as well as my pre-school classes. It really simplifies the record keeping that is required for all state licensed centers and pre-school. You are able to manage the center and bill the parents for weekly tuition.

Pros

Easy to load new students. I like the ability to run more reports in a faster time. I like the break down on printing sign in sheets and roll call sheets. I really like the different choices in statements that you can offer your parents. It is very well priced for the service that you receive. The customer support staff are very helpful and eager to assist you.

Cons

Employee part. I have had new software since July and I still can't put my employees time in like I did with my older version. But no worries I have my old software still working on another computer that I use for employee time sheets. Love Love Love ProCare

Response from Procare Software

Shelissa ¿ We¿re happy to hear how much you love Procare and how it simplifies your daily record keeping. There are several ways to make staff time card entries either by having employees check themselves in and out, or by using a batch screen to process time card hours for many people at once. Someone from our team will be in touch to help you find the most efficient method for your situation.

Procare a great program for busy Early Childhood Centers!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017

Makes my work easier and faster!

Pros

There are several things that I love about this program. 1st is the attendance tracking to see total hours of care for each child and 2nd how I can see how many children are in attendance at any given time. 3rd is the tracking for immunizations is so helpful to make sure my children are up to date. 4th is keeping up with tuition fees and how easy it is to see who owes what.

Cons

Occasionally when I am adding a family it won't let them sign in and I have to redo it. Also in the weekly report section I don't like that if someone is out they are not shown on report at all. I would rather see there name and 0 hours than not even show them on the report.

Response from Procare Software

Teresa - Thank you for sharing the many ways Procare helps your center! On most attendance reports, it's true that if a child doesn't attend at all, their name would not be on the report¿but there is a report you may find useful. It shows any child who was scheduled, but did not attend. You'll find it under Reports > Standard Reports > Attendance Tracker > Not in Attendance. And, if you're still having symptoms of having to "redo" something so a family can sign in, please give our Tech Support Team a call. They'll help you solve it. Hope that helps!

ProCare Software

Reviewed on 3/11/2019

Overall ProCare helps us manage the day to day operational details.

Pros

It has a lot of options and reports to print and manage your class lists. You can print lists by bus runs, classrooms, ages. Our parents use the bio-metric system to clock children in and out. Billing is easy. We use Tuition Express to collect tuition.

Cons

Agency postings of checks is a bit challenging. Sometimes, we need a specific report and it's a bit time consuming to get the parameters to fit what we need. Internet connection goes down in the rural areas a lot and Procare depends on internet connection especially for parents clocking in/out on bio-metric system. So we have to revert to paper attendance at those times.

Response from Procare Software

Lara - It's great to hear how well the reporting options, biometric check-in system, and tuition collection are working for your center! As to the internet connection, you're right it's challenging when your connection is inconsistent. One idea is to use Procare's KidReports app (which has an offline mode) to check children in. At the present time, ins and outs entered in KidReports don't sync back to Procare; however, we continue to make enhancements to the data synchronization between the two. Stay tuned!

Assistance with billing formularies

Reviewed on 7/26/2016

Josh was a wonderful help to me! He was persistent to return my call several times, even though I was unavailable each time he called. He quickly assessed my needs, and provided the fix that I needed right then! It was something I needed corrected right then, and he took the time to make that happen! I appreciate Josh and his excellent customer support!

Pros

It has many capabilities and is easy to learn and maneuver.

Cons

The reporting methods. I would like to be able to perform functions to multiple files at the same time, not having to enter each individual to make changes. I would like to be able to print reports from the filtering that I do on screen and print that information. Not have to exit and find and create a report to print what I was just viewing. I would also like to have multiple windows open at the same time. Many times I am in a file, and have to jump out to enter another, or stop the function I am performing to handle something else.

Response from Procare Software

Stacey ¿ We¿re happy to hear our Support Team was able to quickly provide the answers you needed. Thank you for your ideas on ways to handle tasks more efficiently. We constantly strive to simplify the management side of child care and appreciate your feedback.

Procare Review

Reviewed on 10/19/2018

Pros

I like that the customer support team is so friendly and helpful when I call and have a "dumb" question. They never make me feel like I am dumb! I also like the web support because often I can go on there and get my question answered without calling in!

Cons

We stopped using the time clock because it was too slow. When we have 30 employees clocking in and having to enter 2, 4 -digit codes by the time they were half way through the last half were showing up tardy when they really weren't. We found a system that had one 3 digit code that was much faster.

Response from Procare Software

Karen - We're glad to hear you've found the Support Team so friendly and helpful. According to our records, it looks like you have an older, stylus-based Time Clock from many years ago. We've made significant improvements in this area and now offer a biometric Procare Touch computer for checking in and out with built-in fingerprint recognition. This is a much quicker and more efficient way for families and staff to check in. Or you can simply add a USB fingerprint reader to your existing computer. For details, see: https://www.procaresoftware.com/products-and-services/check-in-solutions-overview/.

Best investment I could have ever made for my business

Reviewed on 10/17/2017

Streamlining my office data reconciliation.

Pros

This software is so intuitive. It has Everything I need to run my business and be able to spend more time in the classroom instead of on my PC. I love the fact the software is set up to purchase only what you need. There is so much to learn however between the amazing youtube channel and customer service you are never without support as you learn to navigate this software and customize it for your specific needs. One of the customer rep was my initial point of contact answering tons of questions as I decided if the Procare software system was right for my in home group child care needs. It was had everything I was looking for and my clients love the system too, no more clipboards full of sign-in sheets falling all over the floor and needing to be stored for years taking up space. Now i'm growing into a new center and was ready to streamline my tuition processing I looked at what I spend now and it appears I will be actually saving by processing via Tuition Express! I have been working with another customer rep and once again all of my question and concerns were addressed, she supported me through the entire application process. I could not be happier knowing that my data is safe and secure with ProCare.

Great up-to-date software, but AMAZING tech support that makes it ABOVE the rest!!

Reviewed on 2/26/2019

Ease of tuition collection with Tuition Express options!

Pros

Procare designers understand child care and what is needed in regards to ease of use, reporting, parent access, tuition payments. They are constantly trying to find ways to better their software and seek user suggestions. They are always thinking ahead and looking for ways to make our jobs easier!

Any time I've had a question or run into a problem, I have always had a friendly, helpful tech support team member right there ready to assist me. They listen completely to your questions/concerns and work until you feel confident in the result. It's almost like they are our personal cheering squad trying to encourage us to do the best we can and constantly giving us tools to make our more efficient :)

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything I don't like about the program! There has been so much growth in the features that if I had any concern, it has already been addressed, revamped and fixed!

Procare keeps everything organized and efficient

Reviewed on 6/14/2018

Pros

Ease of use- I basically played around and learned the software on my own with the use of Procare's video classes. The classes walk you through every step and you can walk along with them using your software at the same time. Customer support is phenominal. They are always at hand and stay with you through the process of handling what ever your question/issue may be. Upgrading is easy as well.

Cons

I wish it was easier to figure out specifically tayloring the way we charge our families to fit the program. For the most part it is in there, but our sytem of charging is unusal .

Response from Procare Software

Shelly - It's great to hear how much the video lessons have helped and about your positive experiences with our support staff. On the billing side, Procare can handle a wide variety of situations from hourly to half/full day, to extra hours and late pickup fees, along with weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly rates. We even write custom formulas, as needed, for unique situations. We'd be happy to review the billing setup with you to ensure things are working in the most efficient way.

Great Softward

Reviewed on 2/26/2019

It covers so much. I am able to use the Data Viewer to extract about any information I need; if the reports are already created in Standard Reports

Pros

I worked in Information Technology for Fortune 100 companies. I have worked with lots of purchased software as well as software developed in house. Procare is well written, and well documented.

Cons

When I need to send letters to parents, merging parents names into a document title to their first names (Dear Adam and Eve,) is not simple.
We need to expand into a software that more easily does mass text to families. It would be great if Procare had a more simple feature. We will probably use another vendor that only does the texting.

Response from Procare Software

Carol - Thank you for your kind words and for sharing your background. We're glad you've had such a positive experience with Procare. And although Procare does offer letter merge and bulk text message capabilities, we're always interested in ways to make things even better. If you have specific ideas, please let us know at: http://procaresupport.com/contact-procare-support/make-suggestion/

Procare Software Review

Reviewed on 9/20/2018

Pros

ProCare is fairly easy to use. I did not receive any formal training on how to use the program, but I was able to teach myself how to use most functions fairly quickly.

Cons

This is not a deal breaker, but I would have liked to have seen more options for backgrounds on the program, since I like to decorate my desk and classroom according to the seasons.

Response from Procare Software

Holly - We're glad you've found Procare easy to use on your own--although we do offer free setup training to all first time customers to help you get off to a smooth start. Our Client Services Team can arrange that for you as needed at 1-800-338-3884.

Also, you have many more options for backgrounds than you might realize. Procare itself has close to 30 standard choices, but you can have Procare match your Windows color scheme, which gives you an even wider variety to choose from. To do so, from the Procare Home screen go to Configuration > User, and uncheck the box that says "use a program skin". Now set Windows to any color you like by going to the Personalization menu and choosing Colors. Hint: Click the Windows Start button and search for "Personalization".

Procare's Technical support is wonderful!

Reviewed on 5/15/2018

Pros

The ease of billing procedures, Tuition Express and Payroll. Procare is also a very user friendly program and the on-line tutorials is an extremely nice tool!

Cons

What I like least is that we lose Technical Support after a certain amount of time. After paying for the product it would be nice if the Technical Support could be offered on an on-going basis. The Technical Support Team does an amazing job and is always extremely polite and easy to work with whenever I encounter a problem. The amount of time spent on hold to reach them is sometimes difficult especially when we are trying to run our programs and do our jobs at the same time.

Response from Procare Software

Teresa - We're so glad your billing procedures and payment processing have been simplified with Procare and Tuition Express. As to Technical Support, it's free and unlimited as long as you maintain a current version of Procare. For Cloud customers, that is automatic as you're always on the latest version. For non-Cloud (locally installed) editions of Procare there is a modest annual update subscription fee.

Too much information

Reviewed on 3/5/2019

The biggest advantage to us has been in the billing processes. It holds us accountable for our balances and removes a good bit of human error.

Pros

The amount of center management tools is amazing. I appreciate the access to reports because although I love a paper trail, sometimes in the process of a day I lay things down and they disappear.

Cons

There are too many options that look like they are the same information. I would like to see a customized report list. There are things I have not paid for in my option package and yet I still see the report heading. This causes a lot of unnecessary searching for specific reports only to discover that I don't have access.

Response from Procare Software

Eva - It's great to hear you appreciate the reports! Thanks for your idea of a customized reports list. One tip to finding reports is to click Expand to show them all at once and then press CTRL+F on your keyboard to open a search box. Also, you should not see report headings for modules you haven't purchased. If you're still having that symptom, please contact Tech Support.

Complete Management and user friendly!

Reviewed on 2/26/2019

Awesome program and when new programs have come out I do a comparison and Procare always comes out on top for ease of use and cost.

Pros

Easy to use, lot of different reports, manages all aspects from collecting hours to tracking payments. I have checked out about 6 different programs and find Procare the most intuitive to use. I have used Procare at two centers for about 18 years. Other programs have additional fee's and charge for customer service. Help is always available, very friendly, fairly local (Next state over), and I love being able to sign in from anywhere on the cloud and know all my data is backed up!!!

Cons

Financially some reports are cumbersome and hard to cross reference.

Response from Procare Software

Katrina - It's nice to hear how easy to use Procare is for you and that it always comes out on top! As to reports, there are many from which to choose and we're happy to help you find those that best meet your needs so you can be sure to compare apples to apples.

We use Procare at our Child Care Center

Reviewed on 4/4/2018

The ease of use

Pros

I love the ease of the Sign in/out process. Once parents and approved adults are fingerprinted, we know they are approved to pick up kids. I love it that once parents sign in, I can generate several reports for by CEO.

Cons

Sometimes the Cloud starts running slowly during peak times. Everyday between 3 & 4 the system begins running slowly. Also, the fingerprint reader is very sensitive. Some parents fingerprints can't be read.

Response from Procare Software

Marcia ¿ We¿re pleased to hear how much the fingerprint check-in has simplified your process. As to the Cloud, that should be an unusual, rather than a daily, occurrence. That said, we are in the process of making significant upgrades to our server facility to enhance capacity and connectivity. Also, there is always a small percentage the population (around 5%) who may have issues with fingerprint recognition¿in those cases a PIN+password option is available. A new model of fingerprint reader will be available soon that may also increase recognition.