Procare Reviews

4.7/5 (864 reviews)
Tiara R.

Happy Procare User

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

Overall, I am very pleased and satisfied with the Procare Software. Since having the system, not only have my team and I been able to save a lot of time that was usually spent on manual entry, but we were also able to offer a convenient feature to the parents. Parents no longer have to wait to get to the front desk or call over the phone to make payments. Payments can be made via the online portal and immediately post to the account. They can also view statements and receive their monthly invoices via e-mail every month. I do wish that there was an easy way to transport information from one product to the next but I do understand the difficulty. That initial task of setting up 200+ families was tedious but once that was done I can definitely say it was worth the task! I am happy we made the switch.

Pros

What I like most about the Procare software is the ease of use in regards to monthly billing. The option to set up contract billing every month is much easier and less time consuming than having to manually enter invoices as we once did. This features allows my staff and I to save time as well as ensure better accuracy as far as billing goes. Also, now we are allowed to have our customers pay via the online portal Procare offers as opposed to having to pay in person. This is a feature we didn't have prior to gaining the Procare software. Not only do we appreciate this convenience factor, but the customers we provide service for as well.

Cons

Although not a big deal- the thing I initially liked least about the Procare software was the difficulty in figuring out how to navigate through certain reports. Because there are so many options it was a bit intimidating to find out how to access the various reports offered. However, I can say that the information provided by the websites customer service and videos were helpful. I do wish that there was an easy way to transport information from one product to the next but I do understand the difficulty in allowing that option.

Amanda C.

We are a licensed preschool and childcare facility that has used the software daily for many years.

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Daily operations, accounting practices, collecting staff and student information and communication.

Pros

ProCare's versatility is extremely impressive. We use this application for students and staff alike as our sign in station and communication tool. This helps us track student and staff attendance down the day and minute which is invaluable to grant reporting, payroll and tuition reimbursements.

ProCare also has many useful faucets for early childhood organizations, such as behavior tracking, immunization records, emergency contacts and other pertinent information. As a Director that is responsible for all billing, income collection, and taxes, one of the most useful and irreplaceable aspects is the Family and Agency Accounting sections as well as Tuition Express. These areas are key to making sure we stay on top of our financial health.

I honestly cannot say how phenomenal this software is. The substantial amounts of report types are endless and extremely helpful in all areas of running and producing a professional preschool and child care facility.

We are also a two site facility and switching to ProCare Cloud has been the best monthly investment.

Cons

Interfacing software with our Website and Facebook Page. We recieve a lot of traffic through these sites and we would love to be able to collect date straight to ProCare through these web resources.

Response from Procare Software

Amanda ¿ We¿re glad Procare¿s versatility helps your center in so many ways. It¿s also great to see your suggestion about integrating with your center¿s website, Facebook, and similar places parents seek information. One way you can do that right now, as a Procare Cloud customer, is to place a link on your site (or anywhere you choose) for new families to register online. You can also make a link available for current families to log in, review information, choose schedules, pay online, and more at MyProcare! See: http://procaresupport.com/myprocare-overview/

Yolanda Y.

Awesome Tech support.

Reviewed on 2018/02/12

Pros

It can keep track of the immunizations. It alerts us when immunizations are going to expire. Tracking and changing classrooms is a breeze.

Cons

We can't put comments on each child or employees. For example, teacher calls out, we don't have a place to keep track of call outs and the same with students, if a parent has a concern, we have to write it down, but prefer to keep track on ProCare. Less steps is always best when it comes to billing and charges, etc. It is a challenge to just delete one sibling when they have moved on to another school and the younger one is still with us. I have had tech support, but still shows up. If I delete the one sibling, it deletes both students on the folder so I end up adding them both back on the hidden folder. I just want to hide the one that moved on.

Response from Procare Software

Yolanda ¿ We¿re glad you¿ve had such positive interactions with our Tech Support team and that immunization tracking and classroom management are now a breeze. As for adding comments to children or staff, there are a few different ways that could be done including using Log Notes for items that require a permanent record. Also, when children leave theYolanda ¿ We¿re glad you¿ve had such positive interactions with our Tech Support team and that immunization tracking and classroom management are now a breeze. As for adding comments to children or staff, there are a few different ways that could be done including using Log Notes for items that require a permanent record. Also, when children leave the center, typically you¿ll want to unenroll them but maintain their records for historical purposes (rather than delete them)¿and it¿s perfectly fine if their sibling is still in attendance. This article on when (and how) to remove a child may be helpful: http://procaresupport.com/remove-child/

Sara C.

The Procare Whisperer - AKA - Benji

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

So... I had one little question, right? One little itty bitty - probably could have figured it out by myself - question. But.... it's people's finances, so I called to make sure I didn't screw anything up.

Holy Goodness Gracious. NO.

I solved what I had initially called about - but I still scheduled an additional call with the rep because of how many ???s he answered that I didn't even know I had.

I started with TE and Procare about 6 mos. ago. I simply take parents tuition for a small(ish) preschool. That's it. No big deal. The person who was in this position before me trained me the best she could on the software and she was trained by someone else who really never understood the initial training given to her. Follow all that? Yeah. Exactly.

Enter our rep.

I seriously have sat in front my computer using Tuition Express software every week for 6 mos. I've never fully understood it, never appreciated what it could do and can promise I've never been excited about exploring its further uses.

I've been called by your sales department 3 times to consider Cloud services and MyProcare. Firm no. Every time.

I can tell you that after speaking with our rep - I'll be bringing a proposal to switch to Cloud capabilities soon. Our rep made me feel comfortable with my software abilities, taught me how to use TE better. He taught me about the ins and outs of TE that I wasn't even aware I was missing. (POS, files, individual posting, etc).

Our rep's enthusiasm, his passion toward your product, and his knowledge of the Family Data and Accounting Portal is above and beyond. He was encouraging & really sparked my interest to now speak with Shauna about Ledger & Expense and Employee & Payroll.

Our rep cemented my opinion that my school should stick with TE software. He inspired me to learn more about it. He sold me on the idea of additional portals - and as someone who is supposed to be running a tight ship - that's no easy task. I'm pretty sure I even exclaimed "Hot Damn!" in a church preschool more than once today.

My background is in Sales Management and Customer Service, our rep is a gem of an employee and please be so aware of that. He is a representative for you in every sense of the word. Professional, knowledgeable, fun to talk to and passionate about what he's working with. A++

Pros

It's fluidity. It can grow with us and help us grow. It can be my checks and balances so that I will always be accountable to my staff, my parents and my board. I can organize and create clear reports in ways I wasn't able to do previously. Amazing stuff really.

Cons

Learning it. It's hard to self-navigate. But the training you can get is very good.

Marissa S.

Great as a parent or director

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

Overall, if you're looking for a central place to organize all the many things that come with childcare, this is the best product on the market that I'm aware of.

Pros

I first used Procare as a parent in my infant son's childcare center. It was easy to check him in and out by having an ID and password number and I loved that I could see my balance on our account and get messages from the director of the childcare center.

When I took over at a different center as the director, I was pleased to see they used the same program. Additionally, this center increased the ease of checking in and out by having a fingerprint scanner for parents to check students out and for employees to clock in/out. As a director I could easily see which students were there on the home page and the home page was customizable to what I wanted to see (ex. upcoming staff/child birthdays, children currently checked in, children recently checked in/out etc.). There is another tab where detailed children information is easily inputted and organized as well as an employee tab.

I really haven't seen anything else within childcare systems that has as many options and functions as Procare.

Cons

Some reports can be difficult to find and not, at least to me, logically sequenced. However, I can usually Google to find the answer.
I would love Procare to come out with an app for classroom teachers to access and parents to access where teachers can input students eating records and parents can pay their balance.

Response from Procare Software

Marissa - Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Also, we have good news--parents can pay online through the MyProcare portal--and our KidReports app is perfect for staff to record meals, daily sheet entries, photos, videos and more. See: https://www.procaresoftware.com/products-and-services/services/kidreports/

Connie R.

Saving time, saves money

Reviewed on 2019/07/12

Overall, Procare has been amazing and provided us with prompt and effective support. We've been with them through all the different stages of software development.

Pros

It provides an attendance record that allows me to stay on top of building census. It also allows me to process tuition on just a few clicks. It works with our door strike security

Cons

The software update that was done last year did not work with the Procare interface and crashed our computer. Procare offered to send us a new video card that would fix the issue however the expense of a technician to repair it is on us. The alternative is to mail them the device and to go without a check-in station(which also allows access to our security system and unlocks the door for parents.) This options had a 2 week turn around in which our program would have no way to secure our door to the center. Additionally, I do not like that when they change software or Hardware, it is the customers responsibility to absorb the loss of the use of outdated equipment . The initial investment is not cheap and the updates are absolutely mandatory, to mainitain functionality. Also, the number of seats you need to run your business can vary based on how much of their products you use. everything has a cost. This cost does not include equipment that you need, it just is the ability to access your software that you are already paying for.

Barbara F.

A little frustrating. A lot of good features, but some really complicated features too

Reviewed on 2018/03/16

It does make keeping track of the daily issues at our center easy.

Pros

I like the dashboard. I like the ability to have the child and parent photos on the screen. The clock in and out is great.

Cons

I really don't like the reports. I don't like that you have to go in EACH time and say currently enrolled children. There are a lot of really complicated features. I'm really frustrated that when this was set up in August of 2017 the accounting and payroll was not set up properly and we have not been paying our employees overtime for the entire time until today when I KNEW that there were some employees that had overtime. This is a huge issue and I'm not even sure how to go forward from here. Tech support fixed it, but did say that it was not set up properly on their end from the beginning.

Response from Procare Software

Barbara ¿ We¿re glad to hear Procare makes it easy to keep track of daily items, but sorry you¿ve experienced frustration in other areas. As to reports, you may save the settings (such as ¿Enrolled¿ children) by choosing the ¿Save Settings¿ button at the bottom of the reports screen. Regarding payroll, when a new position (like ¿Teacher¿) is created it automatically defaults to paying overtime for that position. The reason you may choose to uncheck the overtime box is for things like sick time, vacation, and jury duty, that would not count toward overtime hours. We apologize for any confusion. More information on pay codes and overtime settings may be found here: http://procaresupport.com/pay-codes/

2.0/10
Kassia N.

BEST INVESTMENT FOR MY PROGRAM!

Reviewed on 2019/07/11

Prior to Procare, my scheduling took a big chunk of my time and now it is a done in no time! I can easily track tuition, absences, immunizations, physicals, training requirements for my staff, and so much more. Previously I had to track these in Excel and they were daunting tasks but now everything is up to date and easy to access.

Pros

I have been using Procare Software for a little over two years now and I can't imagine going without it! I like that everything I need is literally wrapped up into one software program. This has been such a time saver for me for scheduling, keeping records, and every day tasks!

Cons

The cost was a big commitment in the beginning but it has been so worth it! I started out with a few of the modules that I needed to get started with the help of a grant and have added on since then. Another thing is that it does take time to learn the system but I think that is with any software and Procare has some amazing tutorial videos available as well as live webinars that have been extremely helpful.

Debbie J.

My experience with procare

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

We use Procare for everything. The most upsetting part is that DHS, requires us to keep records for them in a different manor. So, we still have to keep separate time sheets for subsidy children. We have to keep files and training for employees that require more time. It would be nice to scan a lot of our paperwork, and have a place on procare to keep it, instead of keeping up with files and binders.

Pros

When you first get started on Procare, you can input a little information on each family to get started, then after getting it up and running, you can go in and input more information, like immunization records. I love that you can purchase the modules separately, it takes time to get adjusted and familiar with each one, then you can add another. I also enjoy having employee module very much. It makes it easy to keep track of hours, info, training, etc.

Cons

Sometimes I have a hard time finding the report I need. The ones i use all the time are easier to find, but if I am looking for something I don't use often it can take me a while to find it. I also believe that tech support should always be included. It is a huge investment for a small center in Oklahoma. Most users will get accustomed to using Procare and rarely need it after a few months any way, but with updates and if you get a new computer, you may need occasional help.

Monica G.

I've used it for 6.5 years and absolutely LOVE it! Wonderful program, no regrets!

Reviewed on 2017/11/17

Pros

I love Procare's Customer Service! They are so willing to answer questions and help where needed. I appreciate the fact that they are constantly to working to enhance Procare's features which in return benefit us as user.

Cons

The only thing I do not like about Procare is the online waiting list. We have now switched over to MyProcare but there are glitches. They can't put another child on the waiting list if they already have a child enrolled. This makes it hard for expectant mother OR when families can only get one child in at a time. I also don't like how we can't search by DOB. We've had to create personalized questions that allow us to "track" by birth year and it is really hard to do. We need to be able click on an age and have it automatically pull up every child that is that current age. ALSO, once last thing. I HATE that it show children's ages in months. It needs to show it with years and months like on the children's profiles. Stating that a child is 105 months old DOES NOT HELP. :) Other than the waitlist Procare is AMAZING!!!

Response from Procare Software

Monica - Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. We appreciate your input on using MyProcare as your online waiting list. One recently added feature we think you'll like is the ability to filter by age -- so you can view just families with children of a certain age.

Pam D.

V9 to V10 Conversion

Reviewed on 2016/08/09

We have use Procare for 15 years and love it! We do not have all the modules but most of them. We work within Procare 80% of our day. We have recently converted to V10 and are working often with Support to help us with or little challenges.

Pros

We have found the video's to be awesome! The help feature is the Best! The helpfulness and person care from all the support staff is A+ !!! Love Remote Access by the staff!!!

Cons

It's a challenge learning all the new buttons and new reports but at some point it will become second nature. County ledgers did not transfer correctly and had missing data. Thankfully Support has taken it over to work on to see what is the best and simplest solution for our specific situation.

Response from Procare Software

Hello Pam, and welcome to Procare v10! Thank you for your review. We really appreciate hearing suggestions from our customers and are glad that our amazing tech team was able to help. Rest assured we are here to give you another one of our famous customer care Procare Hugs if you need any help in the future.

Tami Z.

Procare Software

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Overall the software has been able to provide us with a more efficient use of our time

Pros

Procare is very easy to use and has many functions that assist in the overall operations of the child care program that I own and manage. It makes recordkeeping very easy and less time consuming allowing us to devote more of our time to the children and our staff.

Cons

There are some functions regarding signing children in and out, if a parent forgets to sign a child out they are not able to sign them in again the next day, and their child's time card gets all messed up. If there was a way that the system automatically signed the children out (that the parents forgot to) it would make it much easier for them to sign in in the morning. Also school age kids, would be nice if they could sign themselves in and out when coming back from school or leaving for school.

Response from Procare Software

Tami - We're glad you like the many easy-to-use functions. As to checking children in and out, we are currently working toward a simplified process we believe will alleviate issues with parents forgetting to check kids out. Of course you can also use the Batch Check Out feature to quickly make sure all kids are checked out at the end of the day. And for school-age children you can absolutely let them sign in and out by simply adding them as an authorized pickup for themselves. Hope that helps!

Terri M.

Procare Child Care Management system is an Owner/Administrator's "best friend". Excellent and ez.

Reviewed on 2016/07/11

We have used Procare since 1996 and tried 2 other systems prior to finding out more about Procare through use of their demo. We've upgraded each version which has enhanced services each time. The sales and technical support personnel are very informative, friendly, and accessible. We also use Tuition Express which makes collections a breeze. Additionally, we use the keyless entry system for enhanced security. Procare has kept up with the needs of families and childcare center management by making these additional options.

Pros

Cost effective--not expensive and pays for itself in short time
User friendly with lots of tutorials, webinars, and on phone as well as on line support
State of the art technology to meet current and future needs
Technicians work with teachers, administrators and I/T people as needed with ease and friendliess
Fast service, product delivery
Attractive software--"eye appeal" to users

Cons

I love everything about this software!

Angie B.

Works ok for our purposes

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

We have used Procare for many years. The thought of it is great but we find it lacking in MANY areas.
The thought of changing software is daunting which is the reason we have stuck with it.
We also feel that Tuition Express fees are very outrageous.

Pros

We like the data management aspect of Procare. We also like the thought of having everything in one place.

Cons

The software is time consuming and not extremely user friendly.
We are not able to do all of the things we would like to.
The software is not ideal from the accounting side. Our accounts prefers other financial software but does tolerate Procare. Balancing bank accounts is VERY time consuming and difficult.
The program is not user friendly for parents and does not have a great app.
I don’t feel it is all inclusive. Meaning we have to use multiple programs in addition to Procare to manage our school.
The Tuition Express processing fees are absolutely exorbitant and seem to increase frequently.

Response from Procare Software

Angie - Thank you for your candid feedback. We're glad you like the data management aspects of Procare. We'll have a team member contact you to consider strategies to make the best use of Tuition Express for your situation and ideas for how to minimize fees. We also have free training available to help you get the most from your system.

5.0/10
Mindy G.

I very much dislike Procare

Reviewed on 2016/12/22

The old procare was so easy and user friendly. The new version is a nightmare, way too complicated. if you forget your password you can't use one you've previously used, you need a password just to place an email back to them, tech support a nighmare to get a hold of or get a straight answer. If i could switch to another company I would!

Pros

The fingerprinting option for logging in

Cons

Too complicated, hate procare, old version was user friendly, this version you need an IT degreee, too many passwords required (just to send an email asking for tech support quesion!) If you're gonna sell me a product this complicated there should be 24/7 tech support, we should have had a live demo/training session. Look at your form that says tell us a bit more about yourself? Isn't everyone using this product in childcare? You want me to scroll through that list to id my industry?!?!?

Response from Procare Software

Hello Mindy,

We were happy to connect with you and are glad your session with Michelle from Tech Support was helpful in learning how to reset your password and how to use the Batch Check In/Out function. Chasity from Client Services has scheduled training with our experts to get your whole team up and running with V10. Please know that our 5-star support team is here to help and to ensure you are enjoying the many benefits of Procare.

0.0/10
Martha P.

How did our business survive without Procare?

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

The biggest problem solved was everything was done by hand. The previous director entered everything into a ledger. Tuition AND payroll. I came from a center that had been using Procare all along and this center was twice the size of the previous center. I purchased Procare a few months later and life became so much easier. I've now purchased Tuition Express and again, life is good. Over 70% of my families jumped on board. Again saving time by not having to make and prepare so many deposits to the bank.

Pros

Once you learn the system, it's a breeze. However, having customer support a phone call away is necessary. Your customer support staff are awesome. They never talk to me like I should know this by now and they are very friendly! Procare has saved me hours of tedious work when it comes to gathering information for reporting to our board.

Cons

I'd like to have you tweak a few things. For instance, no one has a home phone anymore, so I have to change the designation to cell when I'm entering new families. Also, for the middle initial the old Procare system was an automatic capital letter. Small stuff, but I live for simplification. I would love a customer suggestion box so when I come across these things, I can submit it.

Linda M.

KC Procare review

Reviewed on 2019/07/09

I have enjoyed using Procare Software.
It simplifies check in/check out.
It saves me lots of time so I do not have to calculate charges and there are fewer errors.

Pros

Check in/check out is easy to do for each group.
It saves me lots of time so I do not have to calculate charges.
Parents can see what they owe every time they log in.
I can send statements easily.

Cons

The home screen on the Procare checkin does not tell you to touch the box to change from check in to check out and vice versa. Some check out persons who do not use Procare frequently forget this step.
We use the fingerprint option and for certain persons the reader sometimes works for those persons and sometimes does not.
I would like for families that have withdrawn to be in another font or indicated somehow on the accounts column.
I have not used the MyProcare portion of the program because in order to get all the information that is required by the State of Kentucky in printed form would require too many pages printed off per child so I have stuck with my condensed registration form.

Cynthia R.

Procare

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Procare is how my business runs! We use it for all payments, sign in and out sheets, time cards for staff, scheduling students even simple things like birthday lists. Procare is the staple in my child care.

Pros

There are tons of things you can do with this software. It is very versatile and has lots of features. The customer support is really really good. I'm sure they realize their software is difficult so it's nice to know I can call and speak to a live person who will guide me through whatever steps to help me with what I'm doing. They are always very polite and helpful.

Cons

This software is rather complicated to use! The software is for child cares and in my experience most child cares are full of people with degrees in child care and psychology! Finding a tech savvy person isn't as easy. I have tried my best to understand and take notes along the way-but I would say this software is NOT user friendly. Plus, there are times when a pop-up window comes up changing a setting and if you choose it you can never change the setting back. I learned that the hard way...

Response from Procare Software

Cynthia - It's great to hear that Procare is a staple in your center and that you appreciate the versatility and features. We strive to make Procare easy to use and provide free training--along with free technical support and online learning tools. We are here to support your continued success and are always are just a phone call away!

7.0/10
Shelissa A.

Love it. customer service agent was most helpful this morning

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

The ability to manage my childcare center as well as my pre-school classes. It really simplifies the record keeping that is required for all state licensed centers and pre-school. You are able to manage the center and bill the parents for weekly tuition.

Pros

Easy to load new students. I like the ability to run more reports in a faster time. I like the break down on printing sign in sheets and roll call sheets. I really like the different choices in statements that you can offer your parents. It is very well priced for the service that you receive. The customer support staff are very helpful and eager to assist you.

Cons

Employee part. I have had new software since July and I still can't put my employees time in like I did with my older version. But no worries I have my old software still working on another computer that I use for employee time sheets. Love Love Love ProCare

Response from Procare Software

Shelissa ¿ We¿re happy to hear how much you love Procare and how it simplifies your daily record keeping. There are several ways to make staff time card entries either by having employees check themselves in and out, or by using a batch screen to process time card hours for many people at once. Someone from our team will be in touch to help you find the most efficient method for your situation.

Teresa R.

Procare a great program for busy Early Childhood Centers!

Reviewed on 2017/07/12

Makes my work easier and faster!

Pros

There are several things that I love about this program. 1st is the attendance tracking to see total hours of care for each child and 2nd how I can see how many children are in attendance at any given time. 3rd is the tracking for immunizations is so helpful to make sure my children are up to date. 4th is keeping up with tuition fees and how easy it is to see who owes what.

Cons

Occasionally when I am adding a family it won't let them sign in and I have to redo it. Also in the weekly report section I don't like that if someone is out they are not shown on report at all. I would rather see there name and 0 hours than not even show them on the report.

Response from Procare Software

Teresa - Thank you for sharing the many ways Procare helps your center! On most attendance reports, it's true that if a child doesn't attend at all, their name would not be on the report¿but there is a report you may find useful. It shows any child who was scheduled, but did not attend. You'll find it under Reports > Standard Reports > Attendance Tracker > Not in Attendance. And, if you're still having symptoms of having to "redo" something so a family can sign in, please give our Tech Support Team a call. They'll help you solve it. Hope that helps!

Lara S.

ProCare Software

Reviewed on 2019/03/11

Overall ProCare helps us manage the day to day operational details.

Pros

It has a lot of options and reports to print and manage your class lists. You can print lists by bus runs, classrooms, ages. Our parents use the bio-metric system to clock children in and out. Billing is easy. We use Tuition Express to collect tuition.

Cons

Agency postings of checks is a bit challenging. Sometimes, we need a specific report and it's a bit time consuming to get the parameters to fit what we need. Internet connection goes down in the rural areas a lot and Procare depends on internet connection especially for parents clocking in/out on bio-metric system. So we have to revert to paper attendance at those times.

Response from Procare Software

Lara - It's great to hear how well the reporting options, biometric check-in system, and tuition collection are working for your center! As to the internet connection, you're right it's challenging when your connection is inconsistent. One idea is to use Procare's KidReports app (which has an offline mode) to check children in. At the present time, ins and outs entered in KidReports don't sync back to Procare; however, we continue to make enhancements to the data synchronization between the two. Stay tuned!

Stacey S.

Assistance with billing formularies

Reviewed on 2016/07/26

Josh was a wonderful help to me! He was persistent to return my call several times, even though I was unavailable each time he called. He quickly assessed my needs, and provided the fix that I needed right then! It was something I needed corrected right then, and he took the time to make that happen! I appreciate Josh and his excellent customer support!

Pros

It has many capabilities and is easy to learn and maneuver.

Cons

The reporting methods. I would like to be able to perform functions to multiple files at the same time, not having to enter each individual to make changes. I would like to be able to print reports from the filtering that I do on screen and print that information. Not have to exit and find and create a report to print what I was just viewing. I would also like to have multiple windows open at the same time. Many times I am in a file, and have to jump out to enter another, or stop the function I am performing to handle something else.

Response from Procare Software

Stacey ¿ We¿re happy to hear our Support Team was able to quickly provide the answers you needed. Thank you for your ideas on ways to handle tasks more efficiently. We constantly strive to simplify the management side of child care and appreciate your feedback.

Michelle S.

Procare makes my job easier

Reviewed on 2019/07/03

I have used Procare for just over 5 years and I absolutely love it. It is easy to use and when there is an update, I find something new I didn't realize I needed until I used it. The customer service and the online tutorials are fantastic.

Pros

I have often called it "daycare for dummies" software when training a new user. The use of a graphic picture to do simple, repetitive tasks such as checking the time clock, or adding immunizations or physicals, or finding contact information for an authorized pickup person, makes it so simple to learn.

Cons

There are sometimes reports I would like to print that I can't find. For example, for our pool passes, I needed to have a list of all children's names, date of birth, parent' names, addresses and contact phone numbers. I couldn't find one report that would easily print this information for me. I either got the parent info, or the child info, but never a combination of everything I needed. It would be nice to customize what info we want to pull for the report. I'm sure each center has different kinds of data they need to gather for different reasons.

Lindsay J.

Drop-In only centers

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

My experience has been good. The technical support is helpful and my sales rep is always willing to guide me in the right direction. My only concerns have been the lack of customization for drop-in only facilities. Feel free to contact me to discuss more! Lindsay Jones, The PlaySpace.

Pros

It is easy to use and to teach to new staff. Tuition express has great features.

Cons

There is VERY little ability to customize for drop-in only facilities. There are so many features that a drop-in only facility does not need and there are lot of things that a drop-in only facility could use and there is no way to customize certain reports, function billing and it leaves room for human error, requiring LOTS of auditing which is time and money. I have requested this several times and I get very little assistance. As someone who is considering franchising, this is not a good long term solution for ANY drop-in only facility. There are few software companies that can help a drop-in only facility and I would LOVE to be able to have someone who can customize a few major features so I could recommend to all my other drop-in only facilities.

Ashley M.

Procare Products and Services

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

My overall experience has been amazing.

Pros

The thing I like the most about this software is the amount of time I get back in my day from the simplistic and shorter routines brought about by the features of Procare. I don't have to spend hours on billing and chasing money now that we use tuition express. I am able to import directly from our waitlist software to the ProCare software so I am not keying client information twice! The tax season is less of a hassle when producing their tax statements. This software is priceless when you think about what you are getting for your money. I would be lost without it.

Cons

The only thing I struggle with is sitting on hold with customer service for so long when I do have a question/concern that I cannot find a solution to on the website. It is made up for though when the customer service personnel is so polite, helpful, and quickly/efficiently help me with my problem.