Showing 35 reviews of 25

Compete Club Management

Cloud-based gym management software & payment processor

Showing 35 reviews of 25
Trey M.

We've used other member management software in the past.

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Pros

* Fantastic plan for on-boarding new clients
* Their team really seems to care about the client.
* I'm pretty sure that our trainer knew more about and understood our business better by the time we launched than some of our employees.
* Continual improvement. They are regularly scheduling updates to make the product better.
* Partnerships. The API allows us to connect with 3rd Party vendors to enhance the experience.
* Compete on the Go.

Cons

I'm looking forward to COG being developed out further in the months ahead. I'd love greater reporting and perhaps booking through COG.

Mitch M.

Compete is easy to use and has made our lives a lot easier here at the club.

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Helps us manage our large membership base here at the club.

Pros

Everything is accessible in one place! It is also cloud based, so we are not needing to worry about losing everything in the event that our computers crash. I love how it is user friendly and very easy to navigate from category to the next.

Cons

We are trying to integrate the time clock feature into our payroll management software and it is proving to be a bit tricky, but the support team has been very helpful answering questions!

Trey M.

Best Club Management Software We've Ever Used

Reviewed on 2017/04/26

I am so glad that we made the switch to Jonas Compete. The conversion experience was incredibly smooth thanks to the tireless work and dedication of their staff. The process went so well that I was a bit concerned that they were all about launching new customers and would forget us once we were up and running. In the six months since we launched, I've learned that I have nothing to fear. They continue to support and help us between the technical support always offering quick resolution, on-going help from our trainer to the visits from our Customer Success Representative. My only regret is that we did not make the move to Jonas sooner.

Pros

Ease of use, incredible customization, support from Jonas

Cons

More reports in COG would be great, further development of COG as whole

Response from Jonas Fitness

Trey, thank you so much for your feedback! I will make sure to get this information regarding COG over to our product development team!

Lance L.

Lucky for you there is still time to pick another software

Reviewed on 2017/05/25

They charge ridiculous exit fees for your own data and their contracts auto renew for year terms so be careful!

Pros

Will get you through if you don't have other options. but you do have other options like Mind Body.

Cons

Poor layout, slow software, terrible customer service, high fees, limited functionality. I've seen several softwares when purchasing clubs and I would never use this one.

Tres L.

review of david sill

Reviewed on 2014/06/22

david sill is awesome to work with. he is very knowledgeable as well as very patient when dealing with a computer neophyte such as myself. no matter the issue david has made sure everything is resolved. the whole tech support department deserves 5 stars overall. thank you for all your help.

Response from Jonas Fitness

Thanks for your wonderful feedback on our customer support team. They work hard to make sure all of our clients are happy so it makes us happy to hear kind words!

Compete for Tennis Club Use

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

Overall, Compete does what we need it to do. Could it be easier and more streamlined? Yes. I would say if you are looking for software, be sure that you review all of your options and take your time reviewing all of the features Compete offers to insure it will work how you want it to for you and your company.

Pros

Tracking classes and enrollments is easy with Compete. Staff for the most part are friendly and helpful.

Cons

There are many times we have had to make our own "loopholes" to make the Compete work for us. There are many features in which we cannot take advantage of due to their strict structure. There isn't much room for customization, which I feel is important in our field since every independent facility operates differently.

Jessica H.

The software has improved by leaps and bounds over the last year - yay!

Reviewed on 2017/08/14

Pros

Easy to sell memberships and other items. Easy to use back office software, despite the lack of certain reports that should be standard.

Cons

Having to use ad-hoc to get reports that should be part of the standard list of reports offered - such as new member reports that show the primary on the account only and the dollar amount gained from the new agreement.

Craig F.

Caughlin Club

Reviewed on 2017/04/21

We converted from a older version. The conversion, training and support were all handled in a timely and professional manner. Our overall experience with Compete has been very positive and we are glad we made the change,

Response from Jonas Fitness

Craig,

Thank you for the kindhearted review. I will be sure to communicate this feedback to everyone that guided you through your conversion onto our software platform. Thank you for your business!

Cristina marcano L.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Boosts the menbresias with Compete Club Management

Reviewed on 2018/06/30

I document to advise entrepreneurs in the area of Fitness.

Pros

This is the right system to take control of the receptions of sports clubs or gyms and the frequencies of visits by members. It also allows to schedule events in said clubs simultaneously of the normal classes of the gym, allowing to boost the sales and the growth of the memberships. It has a version for small clubs and another one for bigger ones.

Cons

Because it is one of the oldest systems on the market for sports clubs and gyms, its interface seems not very modern, however, it adapts very well to changes. It is still a very good option.

Jackie M.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Very easy to use and easy to train new employees on.

Reviewed on 2017/09/15

Pros

The accessibility to certain reports. Also the preface is very user friendly. I have employees ranging from 18-70 years old and they are all able to use it without a hitch.

Cons

The reports that are available don't always give you the information you need. They have made changes and upgraded the system to give it a more "functional" feature but I miss being able to take payments from the home screen, instead of having to go through so many steps to get there. It made it easier to multitask during primetime.

James S.

Jonas Fitness, helping Clubs "Compete"

Reviewed on 2013/11/07

We are customers of over 30 years with the former product Checkfree which was then purchased by Fiserv and ultimately Jonas Fitness. Since day one, the accessibility and response time of Jonas' team has been impeccable. The "let's get it better" and "done right the first time" approach is refreshing. Jonas provides reliable software for us to manage our membership top to bottom; integrates with our accounting software and affords our staff more quality time to spend directly with our members. The relationship is more than "just another software vendor". It's a true Partnership... one that is fully engaging... with encouraged two way communication, desire for client enhancement requests and realistic, clearly communicated timelines for future updates. Is the product perfect... no. Is there room for improvement... surely. But the faith we have in the product moving forward, the fact that Jonas LISTENS and UNDERSTANDS our industry gives much promise for the future. I truly believe they are a "Software for Life"... Onward together!!!

Jake H.

This product works well for basic gym use

Reviewed on 2017/11/16

Pros

Easy to use gym software that allows you to follow up with current and potential members. Also easy to use billing funtions.

Cons

The appointment functions are confusing to use. Some of the fonts are difficult to see if you are showing a prospect.

Shannon K.

Used for 15 years customer service was not great

Reviewed on 2021/02/01

We stayed with them for 15 years and they served their purpose. Found a more customer oriented company for the last 6 years.

Pros

Easy to use simple format. A basic software that was great in the early 2000's. When they upgraded it wasn't as user friendly.

Cons

Having to manually do alot of things. Not able to schedule many tasks for an auto ahead of time.

Michelle T.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Easy to use and straightforward!

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

Pros

The gym I work at we used to use this software and I miss it! It was so easy to check in members, see alerts, update information and creating new accounts. I also found it was easy to train new employees on it.

Cons

There was some features that would just sit there and we could not use. For example, when creating memberships many of them had "zzzzzz" in front of them and it was confusing as to why that was set.

Ryan B.

We use daily and like the software

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

Pros

The software is very easy to use. I manage all my clubs with this software. I like the easy of member check ins. My front desk people seem to find it easy to use.

Cons

I find it hard to manage all Group fitness classes and personal training. My personal trainers are all contracted. I would like to be able to keep track of what they are doing as well

pray you never have to cancel

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

it is evident they are making a concerted effort to improve customer service - but it came too late for us - and now with this cancellation of service fee - im struggling to find any positives. It looks like we will be forced to stay on our subscription for another 10 months to avoid the fee's

Pros

we were very happy with i4 - unfortunately we moved over to compete

Cons

strong arm tactics with exorbitant cancellation fee's if you ever choose to move on

Chris B.

Jonas Compete Software User Friendly & built to your facilities needs

Reviewed on 2014/06/20

We most recently purchased the Compete program from Jonas. It's a program that is extremely user friendly and easy to navigate. We worked directly with Jonas to build our membership categories, this was important to us because we are a smaller club and are not looking to have several levels of memberships. We had a very unique setup due to the fact we have an independent terminal server that Jonas had to navigate due to the fact the program is web based. The technical team was able to overcome this obstacle with ease. The only drawback would be the updates, but in this day and age of Internet crime, it is better to be safe than sorry.

Response from Jonas Fitness

Glad you are a part of the Jonas family and thanks for your kind words!

Matt J.

Good partner

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Pros

I like the functionality and flexibility of the software. It allows our gym and fitness club clients to be able to send us accounts for us to service.

Cons

The software is somewhat complex so it can take some time to learn how to utilize all of the features effectively.

Bill B.

We like to work with companies that work as hard at pleasing the customer as we do...

Reviewed on 2015/01/13

At Club Fit we like to work with companies that work as hard at pleasing the customer as we do. Jonas constantly looks to improve their product to keep up with the changing needs of our industry and we are very happy to be working with them.