Campus Cafe

4,6
Industry: Cosmetics

Great software for school

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Pros

It was a one-stop shop! We had all of our information on paper and excel documents.

Cons

The learning curve, and the language of the software is not intuitive.

Floreminda T.
Industry: Medical Practice

My own experience with Campus Cafe software

Reviewed on 2020/01/07

Over-all I can say that the system is highly recommendable.

Pros

Student can access online their billing statements and can also pay online.
Group billing makes my job easier as I don't have to manually charge student when they enroll for class. The software charges them automatically but I need to post it before it can be reflected on the students' accounts -- this gives me the chance to review the billing first before posting it.

Cons

Once I posted the financial aid of the student, I could not delete it anymore if I happen to make a mistake. I have to make another entry to negate it. I prefer that I can just delete the error.
Some postings done I can still delete but the system does not give me a warning before I delete. I prefer that there will be a pop-up warning me about the deletion just to be sure that I review again before I delete something.

Awit V.
Industry: Education Management

Campus Cafe is the way!

Reviewed on 2020/01/08

Overall, compared to our homegrown system, I’d say Campus Cafe is worth it! Our work is now more streamlined and time we spend on projects and validation of record accuracy has been cut in half! I would recommend Campus Cafe for institutions that are similar to our size (population of 500 or less).

Pros

Reports are easily accessible and customizable! This is such a great feature for the Registration Department as we need accurate statistics immediately.

The ability to also customize webpages, email notifications, triggers, courses as needed gave us the power to be more flexible and creative with how we focus our energy and time.

Cons

There have been a few glitches in the system even after working through setup. An example of this is syncing Campus Cafe with Canvas LMS- students who withdraw or drop would sometimes sync with Canvas and other times it would not. So there was that inconsistency.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Flor F.
Industry: Education Management

Campus Cafe as a Means to Manage the Student Information System

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

It is a very functional system that helped us automate some of the important processes for students and the school.

Pros

Tracking activities can easily be added into the system to make sure that when students have changes in academic activities, we can monitor and send out the required tracking mechanisms.
Can alert staff if there are triggers, and/or ability to track and monitor student activities like withdrawal, dropping from course or from the program.

Cons

I am still figuring out how to maximize its features so I can use for my regulars IPEDS reporting and to generate other reports required by the state or accreditor.

Carol L.
Industry: Financial Services

Campus Cafe is Great!

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

Great product! Glad my business switched to Campus Cafe!!

Pros

Campus cafe has many many options to use for schools. I personally use for the financial aid part and find it very simple to use and very easy to select options for viewing for the students.

Cons

I feel there are a lot of items I have not even used yet, but have been using this for a few years already. It probably does more than I even know!!

Ma lourdes B.

On to Campus Cafe

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Being a not so technical person, I found this system user friendly and easy to access and familiarize with.

Pros

For financial aid purposes, the software provides me detailed and accurate information I need to process students financial aid and withdrawals based on enrollment status shown in enrollment history, attendance report, transcript/grades, billing statement and other pertinent info.

Cons

I personally was not able to browse other files as they do not concern my line of work. I used to pull-out attendance report from attendance history and if it will be imported to excel file, no student name is shown for the particular attendance report.

Sandy M.

Very User Friendly

Reviewed on 2020/01/21

Overall, it has helped us to become more organized. My position requires me to track our students and log comments for each of them which CC allows me to do. I wasn't able to do this prior to CC and it has helped me tremendously.

Pros

Campus Café is very user friendly and has really helped us be more efficient. It has helped us to streamline our workflow and become more organized which of course saves us time.

Cons

Because it is so different from what we were using, it seemed a little daunting at first. There are still a few things that the software is unable to accomplish however overall, it is a great product.

Meghan M.

I've had great experiences with this software so far.

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Pros

I like how every section of the software seems to be well-balanced. A lot of SIS programs are heavy on admissions/academics and light on donor management, but this program is very strong on all fronts!

Cons

I don't like how the company doesn't seem to be up front about the price of the implementation and software.

Great Resource to Have

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/08/22

Pros

Getting streamlined information on campus life.

Cons

I have no negative reflection on this software.