Administrator's Plus

Cloud based student information management software

4,1
4,1
3,8
4,4
Rosanne G.
Industry: Education Management

Generally good! And if I have trouble, tech support is fantastic.

Reviewed on 2017/05/02

integration with gradebook and portal; notify for easy calling/texting.emailing - one version of the truth!

Pros

Company is responsive to input and feedback. Generally easy to use. Meets needs of all the variety of constituents. integration with plusportals is great.

Cons

report writer coding is painful! - Sometimes it seems that the modules were written by different people as they don't "act" similarly. - Too many clicks to get to one thing. - printing reports when using weblink is difficult. Would like more training videos.

Jo ann F.

comprehensive, multiple features

Integrated scheduling and reporting

Pros

Excellent customer support for any type of problem, although wait times can be long. There are many features that can be used - report cards, transcripts, scheduling.

Cons

It can be so convoluted to use, not intuitive or user friendly. F-1, F-6 keys. For example, the system tells you that someone else is logged in as supervisor, even though what happened is the internet failed and the system dropped rather than being closed properly.

Jill G.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

One of the best SIS systems that I have used.

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

Ease of use, track any type of data that we want, support that is responsive...

Pros

It allows you to track whatever data that you want. The initial set up is easy and it is easy to generate reports on just about any thing that you have data on.

Cons

The web version is sometimes slow - which we need to be able to access from any location. I am not sure if it is a location issue - but we are frequently disconnected to the service and have to log back in.

Tina` M.
Industry: Education Management

It meets my needs and allows be to function efficiently.

Reviewed on 2017/05/08

I am able to track all my student and staff data and information. And then I'm able to extract data to be used for other parts of my job. So basically, this software allows me to function and do my job.

Pros

The Lookup feature and the Export to Excel feature -- and so of course, everything else between those that make my work very possible. i appreciate the big task that goes into creating an SIS; but that you are able to respond to our needs outside of the database such as exporting data is a boon.

Cons

That the Lookup cannot be used to enter data as one would Excel. I know, it's a future feature, maybe -- which goes to show that I've found little that I do not like about the software. There is the Schedule Builder which I really do not enjoy working on -- but then scheduling is a beast in itself -- so it's not necessarily the software per se. And then there is the Contacts Database -- that, I do not comprehend what you're aiming for in that one.

Patricia B.

Comprehensive System, Easy to Navigate

Reviewed on 2017/05/03

Over and above the benefit of the general benefits of a student information system, the super database tables and the Excel Wizard allow me to store and analyze data that is valuable for our decision making process.

Pros

I like the tabs for different pages and modules that are set up for specific information and rights assigned to users. I also really like the Excel Wizard and the E-Mail features. Support is wonderful!!

Cons

I sometimes struggle with the necessary codes for writing reports and understanding when information is pulled from contacts and/or the database fields.

Kathy Z.

Administrator's Plus offers the best in school administrative software. Everything in one program.

Reviewed on 2017/05/04

Pros

I love the ease of use and the ability to purchase only what our school needs. All programs work together seamlessly. Reports are easy to create. Rediker listens to the customer's needs and works their hardest to add it to their programs. Customer support is a 5 star+ rating. This company treats you like family.

Cons

There isn't anything I do not like about this software. If I have to come up with something I would have to say, I wish I had found it sooner.

Melissa F.

Admin Plus

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

It's a great software. Would recommend it to anyone that I can

Pros

The effectiveness and easiness of finding student/teacher information quickly. Love how you can create any kind spreadsheets for practically everything

Cons

I like everything about this program... there is nothing bad that I can comment about it. it is a great program!

Josie F.

Five star experience. A welcome change from 13 years of using PowerSchool.

Reviewed on 2017/05/02

Pros

I love the Lookup feature and Excel Integration features. I also love the online forms and am always finding new ways to use it.

Cons

When entering period attendance, you do not see the course name. You only see the period. It requires jumping around to figure out what class the student is/was in.

William H.

We had some hiccoughs in changing mindsets from previous software to AdminPlus, but we are pleased.

Reviewed on 2017/05/04

Pros

Year-over-year options are a dream. The software is highly flexible, which allows for continuation of our best practices and has also allowed us to support school operations we could not before, e.g., AfterSchool Clubs and Activities via SuperDB tables.

Cons

Not every feature is easily located or intuitive in use. The software is able to do almost everything, but the learning curve is inconsistent.

Jason H.

Very good

Reviewed on 2017/05/08

Pros

Support staff I use the product for everything at the school and it is by far the best. Would recommend this product to any school.

Cons

Wait time for support. And the lunch program not updating students when it syncs.. not a lot to dislike

Sharon I.

Definitely meets our needs.

Reviewed on 2017/05/02

Pros

Tech Support is amazing! Very knowledgeable and always has a solution. The software is user-friendly.

Cons

The price is somewhat high. The wait time for support can be a little lengthy. Other than that, no complaints

Sheila P.

Rediker

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

I do not like it.

Pros

Not a lot. Not hard to use but can not get information

Cons

It is horrible for admin area. Systems do not merge. Can not create reports with your own company informatio. Not user friendly. Horrible support. Trainer did not really know how to use or able to understand . It loses important information. I have had to reenter I formation for years

Response from Rediker Software

Sheila, we are sorry about your experience. We strive for great service and support and we fell short here.Our data management system is very reliable, so we are concerned to hear you are losing and re-entering data. That should not be the case. However, I cannot find your name in our customer database, so please let us know more! What is the name of your school? Please contact [email protected], reply directly to me, or speak with your account rep. We want to help improve your experience with our software.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Jessica P.
Industry: Education Management

No matter what issues customer service is always there to help me

Reviewed on 2017/05/02

Because of its simplicity I have more time to focus on other things

Pros

Very user friendly easy to understand...very to train users.... report cards are simple and easy to understand

Kim W.

Admin Plus ... Keeping up and Moving Forward

Reviewed on 2015/01/09

We have really been impressed with how much Rediker has moved ahead with Admin Plus and kept up with evolving technologies. Features which have been made available for teachers and administrators offer significant productivity improvements and convenience. In particular, access to our SIS via mobile devices for checking schedules and attendance anywhere with internet connectivity -whether in the hallway or out on the athletic field - allows us to sync and obtain emergency information from anywhere, and this is a huge advantage for us. Integration with other Learning Management Systems (LMSs) has also made the flow of data more timely and efficient.

Notre Dame Academy has been using Admin Plus since 1999. I came on in 2005 and have seen the product refined and updated over the years. Although Rediker has grown during this time and added many more staff members, the same level of knowledgeable and courteous help from the Rediker support team is always available. This continues to be one of the most significant advantages for us.

Kim Weckbacher, Web and Database Manager
Mike Minihane, Director of Technology

Marysue G.

We have had our ups and downs with Administrators Plus and the PlusPortal.

Reviewed on 2017/05/08

I really like the benefits of the portal. Being able to post items to the calendar, email parents, students and faculty is very easy.

Pros

I like that there are tutorials available. Also, the customer support team is wonderful. If they do not have an answer they do research and for the most part have answers.

Cons

I think the email systems is out of date and not user friendly. Not easy to use. This won't matter for us going for because we are going to the cloud.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Jeremy P.

Outdated and Falling Behind the Technology Curve

Reviewed on 2016/03/16

After 15 years, we're shelving Rediker and moving to a new SIS. The integration between systems has been rocky and unstable to say the least and we've had to rig and workaround every module. The greatest disappointment is that Rediker claims to be compatible with various mainstream systems (ie: Haiku) but then fail to fully deliver and charge us an absurd amount for "customization." Some of the most basic functions and procedures are very hard to intuitively figure out. I often have to call Rediker support just to figure out or remember how to edit fields and run reports. We're a technology-driven school with 1:1 devices in our classrooms. We have plenty of experience with intuitive programs that work and unfortunately Rediker no longer fits into that category.

Response from Rediker Software

Jeremy, thank you for this feedback. We are happy to have served your school for 16 years, and sorry to hear you are considering another system. You must do what you feel is best for your school and your students. We support hundreds of integrations, some stronger than others, and our partnership with Clever allows us to work with many of those LMS products, including Haiku. Recently, we launched our HTML 5 gradebook and responsive websites for schools, and are developing the next generation of AdminPlus and Admissions Plus Pro. We encourage you to keep us in mind as one of the best SIS systems available, with more than 35 years serving thousands of schools around the world.

Suzanne T.
Industry: Education Management

All of our district utilizes this system!

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/05/12

We utilize it system wide, and it is easier to retrieve records.

Pros

It is comprehensive! It can store a comprehensive record for the students and for the school. It can be referenced as needed.

Cons

There may be difficulties with the system at times. Our administrators have had some difficulties that required assistance.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Stuart M.

Administrator's Plus: The Best School Information System Available

Reviewed on 2014/07/31

Administrator's Plus is the most comprehensive, all-in-one, school information system on the market. Having worked with a multitude of other SIS platforms in the past, I have found that Admin Plus has them beat due to its ease of use, exhaustive list of available modules covering all facets of school management, outstanding tech support, ample documentation, tutorials and training on each module available on the web and continual improvements and development of features that meet the needs of any school, diocese or district. Further, having a cloud-based SIS makes life easier for school tech support personnel. I highly recommend any school evaluating SIS platforms to call Rediker Software for information and to schedule a demo.

Romelia M.

Excellent! Very useful for the evaluations of my students

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

Pros

It is great school manager, useful for teachers and students, helps to schedule classes and assessments

Cons

Maybe it's a bit expensive. The customer support is not the best, but neither is it terrible. It's a good tool

Muhammad M.

Easy to Use But not Much Functionally

Reviewed on 2018/04/26
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

This product is much simple than others School ERP. as i used Knewton School Software it has blue theme skin but quick school has much infographic and iconic than other system. Its seems cool.

Cons

QuickSchools is little bit expensive than other products i used. comparatively its expensive. per student on a hosted is enough that QuickSchools charging. I think it should have a flat pricing plan with all features.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Alexa V.

Just a Normal Software

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/04/29
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

In my school we used AdminPlus to keep a record of all our student profiles and track any modules we needed but honestly I never received any training for the program and never got used to it.

Cons

It requires extensive training to fully comprehend and able to use the program how it's meant to be. I never got around to understand it fully so on my part so I avoided working with it as much as I could.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

One of the Best Integrated Options Available and at a Reasonable Price

Reviewed on 2020/05/23

Rediker is a family owned company and it shows, and in the most positive of ways. Some of these bigger companies may have more resources but also an incoherent strategy a lot of the time. Rediker seems to know who it is and where it wants to go, and now it's just a matter of executing, and I see them doing just that. I cannot stress how helpful Rediker was to us during Covid-19. They released the Google Classroom / Rediker GradeBook integration in December/January, then in March Covid hit and we were just so grateful to rely on Google Classroom AND just dump the grades into the Rediker GradeBook, without the teachers having to double enter everything. That one thing puts Rediker into a whole different category, such that if you're using Google Classroom you really need to look at Rediker and see if it would fit your school's needs. It will 100% fit your budget as compared to any other system with the features Rediker has. Also their Support and Cloud Services and Sales teams were just awesome and responsive during Covid. Many competitors' systems in our area at least "fell down" at some point, especially those first few weeks, but Rediker remained rock solid the whole time, we had no outage or even latency the entire time.

Pros

The software is solid and reliable once you learn it and its quirks (like all software has). Training and Support are outstanding at helping you. It covers all you need from a SIS, GradeBook, and Parent Portal, and has some billing, accounting, and fundraising options. The huge recent addition is integration between the GradeBook and Google Classroom, that really helped our school during Covid-19 as did their fantastic Support and other teams. We were very happy to renew our contract with Rediker this year, they are a solid company on the right path. And they have perhaps the most reasonable price point on the market.

Cons

They aren't fully web based end to end yet (as are many other companies in its space). Of course all the student, parent, and teacher experiences are web based or with an app. But the administrator has to remote into a Windows environment, which is really just a minor inconvenience all things considered, and they are working on the new web based Admin Plus. Also their fundraising partner could be much better.

Candace C.

Very good - we have had Admin Plus for 15 + years.

Reviewed on 2017/05/02

Pros

1. How flexible the software is for each user. You can customize any report, screens, etc.
2. The core support staff has remained fairly constant over the years and are very pleasant to work with.
3. While I have not been in a while, when I was a newer user I went to the training seminars - they were great. I especially found the evenings when there was time to sit with programmers very productive - I got lots of little things taken care of during those times.

Cons

1. How flexible the software is for each user! Often after updates some specs need to be "touched" for users.
2. While understandable, at the busy times of year is it hard to get through to support.
3. We are Cloud hosted, and some processes seem slow.
4. The Silverlight/HTML5 issue has been a strain. While much better now, we lost some trust with the teachers over this.

Jarryd B.
Industry: Education Management

Very accomodating support team that makes the chnges we neeed when we need them!

Reviewed on 2017/05/11

Having a centralied database with the capabilities of this program allws us the ability to have more fluid work flows and generate reports quickly.

Pros

My favorite part of the software is the portabilty when using the app. As an administrator, you need access to information when you are out in thebuidingor elsewhere on campus. Pair that portability with the multiple services offered and you have the total package for an LMS and databse combination. Very pleased with this program.

Cons

If there was a con for this software, I would say it is the inability to respond to parent generated emails from the plus portals side of tghe program. When they send it from the system, you cant reply directly. Very small gripe considering the communication benefit.

Kathy G.
Industry: Education Management

I am always so pleased with Rediker's Tech Support Team. They are top notch! Extremely knowledgeable

Reviewed on 2017/05/11

Rediker helps make our end product, Parent Portal and Report Cards, look professional and easy to use.

Pros

Admin Plus has a user-friendly interface and is not hard to learn how to run the program from an Administrative point of view.

Cons

I would have to say having to Sync every day from Admin Plus to Plus Portal so the attendance will show up for the parents is probably my least favorite thing.