Vendini TicketAgent

Integrated cloud-based ticketing solution for box offices

4,5
4,5
4,3
4,6
4,7
Andrew M.

Easy event set up with the ability to sell tickets without worry and to work on other projects.

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Pros

The best part of this software is that it is cloud-based, easy to navigate and setup, they give you template/dimensions for graphics, and the sales interface is easy for anyone in the office to grasp. By the time someone has typed a donation letter, I've already processed payment and printed the tickets. It is, hands down, the best ticket system for managing not only the ticket sales, but the relationship with the customer. Yeah, I could do a one-time ticket sale with EventBrite or BrownPaper Tickets (whatever they're called), but I don't have a long running capture of deep customer spending and attendance history.

Cons

The only thing that we ran up against was that pew style seating is hard to section off in the software and, inevitably, it was easier to create general "rooms" for reserved sections rather than using the seating chart for a church sanctuary. It's wonderful for theater seating!

Response from Vendini

Andrew, thanks for sharing your thoughts and insights here. We're happy to hear that the system is easy to use and has been a good fit for you folks at Episcopal Church of the Ascension.

We feel lucky to partner with you and are grateful you're a part of the Vendini family.

Tad F.

A Wonderful Experience with a Wonderful Software

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

Vendini has been so wonderful to us over the past three and a half years. We have experienced a lot of growth and they made some of that possible. And when we needed to renegotiate things because of our growth, they were more than willing to do so. They really care about making the users feel comfortable with the software and providing us with some fantastic customer service when necessary.

Pros

The ease of use for all the employees at my company is the top feature for me. Whether we are on the marketing side, fundraising, or just trying to sell tickets, Vendini makes the service very accessible and customizable to us and our needs. Also, their customer service is always very good about making sure we are using their service fully and feel comfortable with all of their features.

Cons

Sometimes certain issues take a while to get resolved within the software. Most things they are great about fixing as soon as I tell them, but there are an issue or two that have yet to be resolved. Also, the amount that gets taken out from donation transactions can get a little high for us as a non-profit.

Emily S.
Industry: Fine Art

Vendini is a simple ticketing solution

Reviewed on 2016/10/03

I had worked with Vendini for two years prior to switching to another system. Vendini was fairly simple to use for the customers on the front end, but it became overly complex on the back end due to certain errors in reports and inability to override certain capabilities.

From the front end, Vendini was attractive and easy to use for our patrons. From finding the event, to choosing seats and paying--it created an easy functional flow for patrons to follow. The only major issue was that the donation feature on the payment page. It confused patrons (a handful of times) and lead them to believe they were to input their total instead of the total auto populating. These patrons entered their total amount in the donation field, and ended up paying for the event twice.

The back end of Vendini gave me a lot of issues. Granted, it's been about 2 years since I have used this system, so I'm sure improvements have been made. The building of an event was fairly simple, and if you needed to make changes once an event was live you could do that easily. My biggest qualm with Vendini was the financial reporting. No two reports that populated in the system matched, and it made reconciliation a painful experience. The way the reports broke down fees and discounts, made it difficult to reconcile with traveling entertainment companies who would need financial reporting at the completion of their concert. The reports that did not deal with money did match, and were useful. When I would try and contact customer service, they would send me to voicemail, and return my calls after hours (due to a time difference).

All in all, if you are not dealing with financial reporting, then Vendini is an easy to use and accesible to online patrons. I am confident that they have improved the system since my last use.

Pros

It's easy to navigate front end. The patrons rarely had trouble purchasing tickets.

Cons

The financial reporting that did not match.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Higher Education

I have used Vendini for two years as an online ticketing system for events.

Reviewed on 2018/04/03

Pros

Vendini offers several options to enhance your experience when selling tickets for an event or show. You are able to use your website and logo as well as the logo of the band or event you are selling tickets for. My favorite option is the ability to add a donation to individual's purchases. I worked with a Foundation that was raising funds for scholarships. Being able to add an additional donation button gave me the opportunity to earn additional funds for my Foundation. In addition, I loved the marketing portion. To be able to send an email to patrons through vendini instead of constant contact was super easy.

Cons

The function that I liked the least was that you are limited to character usage and design when it comes to marketing your events. Sometimes the buttons are difficult to use and change when trying to make the email blasts more appealing.

Response from Vendini

Thanks for sharing your thoughts in this review. We're happy to hear the system has been a good fit for your business and its patrons.

We're happy you're a part of the Vendini family. If you need anything, drop us a line.

-The Vendini Team

Jeremy A.
Industry: Defense & Space

Vendini is the ideal box office and integrated website solution for our organization.

Reviewed on 2018/03/02

Pros

The integration with the website and online box office is one of the best features of Vendini. The box office software and apps are extremely easy to use have worked flawlessly with not lag or interruption. Our ticket sales have increased significantly since using Vendini, and season ticket subscribers increased from 10 to 45 in one year. Our fundraising has increased too as patrons easily add tip jar donations to each ticket purchase. Vendini customer service is outstanding - every person I have ever spoken with, email, or chatted with is polite, responsive, and knowledgeable. The additional features of credit card processing, equipment rental, patron database, email marketing, and more, Vendini is truly and all-in-one solution that we highly recommend.

Cons

Apps are not compatible with Android devices; and inability to sell gift cards while using Vendini credit card processing. But honestly, there isn't much NOT to like.

Response from Vendini

Hello Jeremy,

-The Vendini Team

Excellent product with even better customer service!

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

Pros

-Ease of use (very intuitive)
-Great customer service: Vendini has an incredible response time to any support request.
-Constantly improving: When we asked for a new feature they added us to a list of people that requested the same feature and not long after we were in the beta testing group.
-Donor information and tracking is robust for small to midsize organizations: We have a small team and we have barely scratched the surface of the donor and patron information

Cons

-Mobile version of the seating chart can be cumbersome and could scale better (I would add that we haven't received any complaints but that is our offices' opinion).

Response from Vendini

Hello,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts in this review. We're happy to hear the system has been a good fit for your business and its patrons.

Hans h G.

Easy install, outstanding customer support, very receptive to suggestion about improvements.

Reviewed on 2018/06/27

Pros

Very easy to train new box office personnel on the ticketing part, which is essential for a non-profit that relies on part time employees. Backoffice set up, with reporting capabilities and e-mail marketing, gives us all necessary tools to take full advantage of the information collected during hte ticketing process.

Cons

Some aspects of ticketing beyond single ticket sales could be more user friendly. Packages and especially memberships could use some upgrades to improve ease of handling.

Response from Vendini

Hello Hans,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive review with us, we really appreciate it! We're always happy to hear the system has been a good fit for those working with it.

Marnie D.
Industry: Higher Education

Easy to use, always up to date, a great service!

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

Easy training of my staff, use of credit card for my patrons, ability to set up season ticket packages and ease of using along with social media.

Pros

The convenience and ease of setting up my events. It is no nonsense and easy to change if I make a mistake or need to make a change.

Cons

If Vendini provided the tickets for our Boca printer. It would just be easier if I did not have to contact a separate company for purchasing my tickets.

Response from Vendini

Hello Marnie,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive review with us, we really appreciate it! It's always nice to know the things that work and what exactly we can keep working on.

Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Vendini

Reviewed on 2019/01/23

Pros

Ease of Use. Easy to set up an event.

Cons

Not much connection with the support team.

Response from Vendini

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate all feedback so we can better serve our members. We are so happy that you have found our system an easy way to setup and manage your events!

We are sorry to hear that you have been having problems connecting to our support team. Please, if you ever need any assistance, our team is available and always happy to help. They can be reached at [email protected] or by calling our support line, 1 (800) 901-7173.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Lauren P.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Vendini Review

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

I think Vendini is a great product for our business. I cannot compliment their customer support enough- they have been so helpful.

Pros

User friendliness, ability to set up events, keep tags of patrons, newsletter, and donor base all in one product.

Cons

TicketAgent needs to be updated to match TicketLine and the rest of Vendini's set up. It is severely outdated and currently incompatible with the latest Adobe Flash update.

Jack S.

Great product, and support team at Vendini

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Pros

Vendini ticket agent software is very user-friendly for selling tickets/donations/memberships/ etc. With the part-time box office staff typical turnover, it is great to be able to get staff up selling tickets. I can train new staff to do a sale, exchange, and refund within an hour. We have over 75,000 patrons per year, over 1000 performances and hundreds of different producers. We also produce our own festivals and programming and most other festivals in our 4 theatre complex. With this variety, we need a system that was flexible and works well with our eyes and.. attitude toward requests from our tenants. Vendini is approachable and focused on making the product work for us. They create a very personal connection to their customers and their support. I can be in touch several times a month trying to accommodate a request from one of our tenants, be it a certain type of reporting, or a membership/package they want to offer. I take these to my rep who works with the appropriate team to accommodate our needs. They have helped me create several specialized reports that give specific producers exactly what they want. They have helped me create seating venues that accommodate special pricing, sections, levels etc. . They have shown me useful ways to use memberships and fees. There have been many upgrades the past couple years, Email Marketing, reporting, ticket agent and patron manager. It's great to work with a company that listens to customers. Great possibilities!

Cons

The software is great, but of course not perfect. It can take time and some trial and error to get reports created how you want them. I feel there could still be work to do in this area. Support area is terrific and helpful, especially with urgent/time sensitive requests, but can take a bit longer when it is not priority. I think this is because they take time to find the right team, to give the best answer to solve the issue.

Response from Vendini

Hello Jack,

Charles J.
Industry: Performing Arts

Vendini came on to our radar at exactly the right time with the right features to get the job done.

Reviewed on 2018/02/13

It has changed the way we do business. I can directly attribute our success in the recent years to our implementation of this program. It decreased workload, increased quality of output and made our patrons stand-up and take notice. Vendini continues to make upgrades to areas of the system. They recently added a patron database management section with basic development tools like the ability to schedule calls or tasks. And their email marketing recently got a facelift. So some of my biggest concerns are being addressed.

Pros

Vendini, on top of being a box office system, is a complete marketing solution. It offers you the ability to combine your patron databases into one centralized location and then build the database automatically as your attendance increases. You can then use this information for email marketing (a similar system and set up to Constant Contact but I think more intuitive), direct mailings and patron management (such as the scheduling of development activities). The ability to review patron history is invaluable. And you can customize the tagging and grouping of patrons to suit your needs. Additionally, the software provided a website solution for us.

Response from Vendini

Hello Charles,

Daniel K.

Outstanding Ticketing and Marketing Software

Reviewed on 2017/02/16

I have been using Vendini now for over 7 years. The system is used across our Performing Arts Department at a large urban high school. I do not have a staff other than the students in the class. This is what is so wonderful about Vendini, it can do a little or it can do a lot. The students who are trained on the program are learning industry standard Arts Management skills. It goes well beyond just ticketing but also incorporates easily social media such as email and Facebook. Since using the program our shows sell out, revenue is way up, and we are able to have an impressive professional face. I cannot say enough good things about the services the program offers. In fact, it has been so successful that our district, the second largest in California, is taking it district wide based on the success and recommendations from my site.

Patron building
Marketing
Professional appearance

Cons

Wish I had more hours in the day to utilize all the features of the program.

Carl G.
Industry: Music

A very complete solution that has helped us with ticketing, marketing and patron management.

Reviewed on 2017/10/03

Helped us sell more tickets by giving us online ticket sales, email marketing, reporting and patron management all in one package.

Pros

All the major functions are completely integrated: ticket sales, online sales, marketing, patron management and reporting. Setup of new events is a snap.

Cons

The reporting features seem to do what we want but it can be difficult to figure out what you need to do to get the report you want. On the other hand, the customer support is always there to help and explain things as needed. The email functionality needs to be updated as well--not terribly modern looking emails, and the functionality is a bit buggy.

Response from Vendini

Carl, thanks for the great insights you shared in your review. We appreciate the feedback and feel lucky to partner with you and the Howland Chamber Music Circle team.

We're hard at work on an improved email marketing tool and look forward to your feedback when it goes live.

Thanks for being a part of the Vendini family!

Kathleen S.
Industry: Performing Arts

An extremely robust, full-service program for the money. Best we have used.

Reviewed on 2018/07/18

Primary benefit is having almost all of our ticket sales/patron base information in one place.

Pros

Ease of use. Navigating the Vendini app is relatively simple. There are a variety of ways to find your information. Keeping various patron bases is extremely helpful Being able to look at sales based on single ticket sales or subscriptions is very important. Being able to send marketing emails is a terrific asset.

Cons

I am not thrilled with the relatively new (appx one year) layout of the events page for a particular event. Have to open multiple windows to get all of the information, such as total sales. In the past, that was all on one screen. The email marketing has improved but would love for it to be even more like a "constant contact" program where you could easily import photos and drag and drop various elements. It is challenging to find the right patron lists to include in an eblast.

Response from Vendini

Hello Kathleen,

Lee G.
Industry: Performing Arts

Vendini is the Choice When You Need Flexible, Easy-to-Use and Easy-to-Teach Ticketing Software

Reviewed on 2017/03/03

I've been using Vendini ticketing software for eight years and have trained countless numbers of students at my University Box Office how to use the software in a quick amount of time. As our staffing changes each semester, and our events can change on a dime, the ability to train quickly, make changes instantly, and have flexible software that is easy to use, is imperative. I created some great relationships with the Vendini support team so that when there is an occasional hiccup, I know who to call and receive courteous and helpful service. But perhaps the most important aspect of Vendini is that it gets the job done. Not everything has to be complicated, and Vendini isn't!

Pros

The ease of use and the flexibility.

Cons

It gets hung up sometimes and often it is because we need the latest update on a flash player but didn't even know it changed. I wish we had advisories about that.

Russell T.

Confident all in one ticketing/marketing solution both you and your venue can grow with

Reviewed on 2015/03/23

We've been using Vendini since June 2011. One of the major reasons we switched ticketing providers was for ease of use. Our box office is staffed by a rotating group of students who need to be trained in a relatively short period of time. Vendini's POS TicketAgent is pretty self explanatory and my students are able to pick it up almost immediately. On the backend, building events the way we need them is a breeze and it almost seems like the reporting capabilities are limitless. It really makes my job easier by improving the flow of information to our marketing team and development office. As far as peripherals are concerned, Vendini is really "with it" in terms of functionality and integration. Our box office was able to upgrade to cash draws that electronically integrate with the POS and we added iPads & iPods so that we could offer print-at-home and mobile tickets. The apps developed to work with these devices are really cool and really easy to use. We get compliments from our customers all the time when we scan their ticket on an iPod or sell them tickets an iPad. I feel really confident knowing that they continue to program new tools and update existing ones to help make event ticketing simpler for venues like mine. What's also really helpful is that they have excellent training and continued learning opportunities through a comprehensive online support catalogue (including both written & video tutorials). It's a great resource. In addition, they host an annual Vendini Member Conference where you can network with system experts and other venues using their solution. It's an invaluable experience to learn more about their solution and how to get the most out of it. In terms of customer service, Vendini has been open to our feedback and responsive to all our requests and has always found a solution for any problems that we have experienced.

Response from Vendini

Russell, thank you so much for the review. We're happy to hear that you enjoy the system. Thanks for being so great to work with. We love working with you and your team!

Allison A.
Industry: Music

Vendini is Magic!

Reviewed on 2018/08/08

The most important aspect of working with Vendini has been the support team. To a person, they have been terrifically responsive, patient, and CLEAR in their directions. The patience is amazing!
I don't know where they get their team members, but the selections are superlative. If you are trying to decide between Vendini and another service, go with Vendini.

Pros

When I came into this job working for a small choral arts group, they had just built their first season with Vendini. I had very little training and had to hit the ground running -- and I was anxious about messing it up. Not only is it incredibly easy to use, but it is really very intuitive and smooth. We have an older patron base who had been used to buying their tickets by mail or personally on the phone; I was concerned that they might not adapt too well. Lo and behold, it is less than a year and online sales account for almost 60% of total sales with almost no complaints. A real tribute!

Cons

This is hard to say. I can't really come up with anything.

Joseph F.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Could not manage our theatre without Vendini

Reviewed on 2017/12/13

Vendini literally is the backbone of our business. I can not imagine another way to keep track of our sales and our patrons.

Pros

It's easy to learn and quick to teach others. Very intuitive. Love the mobile/ipad apps as well as the Facebook integration and the e-blast capabilities. Easy to reach out for help/customer service.

Cons

Some of the forms need fixed, some info will go back to blank for no reason. The toggling between admin and sales can lock up the app. Getting the right report to print can be a challenge.

Response from Vendini

Hello Joseph,

Jon M.

Have installed Vendini in several theatres I've administered, all with excellent results

Reviewed on 2018/01/02

All kinds of reports, easy look-up of orders and patrons, efficient use of time when creating events as the process walks you through it and after creating a couple of events, the process is very easily repeated to set up other events.

Pros

It's intuitive and walks you through virtually everything which makes it very easy to use. New users can be trained in a matter of minutes.

Cons

There are rare glitches which is to be expected but the Tech Support is excellent and usually has a solution/fix quickly.

Response from Vendini

Hello Jon,

Jessie P.
Industry: Performing Arts

We have worked with Vendini for about 5 years and are pleased with the product and the support.

Reviewed on 2017/10/26

Pros

Having all of our sales and patron data in one place, being able to manage ticket sales, memberships and email communications in one central hub.

Cons

Specific reports we need (for instance, ZIP codes) are difficult to run the way we need to see them. Not being able to import donation data to show up properly into patron record (besides processing the donation through Vendini).

Response from Vendini

Hello Jessie,

Thank you so much for the review! We really appreciate you taking the time to let everyone know how well our product has worked for you and what we can do to make it even better. Just to let you know, we've recently made it possible to import all donation data!

Jill L.

Vendini has helped excel our ticket sales, online ticket sales are on the rise with Vendini.

Reviewed on 2018/02/15

Pros

Ease of use, website interface is seamless with our website. Patrons like having the ability to select their own seat when purchasing through the website. For the business side, the online reports feature is wonderful. Personally my favorite app is Sales Spotlight, it is the absolute greatest thing ever.

Cons

When I type in a patrons name their information doesn't pop up automatically if they have attended before. That extra step of having to search the data base first is cumbersome and has led to many duplicate listings.

Response from Vendini

Hello Jill,

Shandra L.

I have had the great pleasure of working with Vendini for 5 yrs, I love it!

Reviewed on 2017/10/06

Pros

How user-friendly the software is. The excellent customer service. Any questions, concerns, or
issues, which are usually user-error, the support team is always helpful.

Cons

The inflexibility with surveys, some patron reporting, but I feel in time,
those issues will be resolved.

Response from Vendini

Hello Shandra,

Thanks for the great insights you shared in your review. We appreciate your feedback and feel lucky to partner with you and the Jubilee Theatre team.

We're always working hard on updating our patron reporting and we'll let you know once the updates go live!

Thanks for being a part of the Vendini family!

Joseph U.

Vendini is great to work with. Easy to use and always willing to help with questions and problems

Reviewed on 2018/07/09

Pros

It's very easy to work with. If your lost and don't have a clue they are great with all questions, plus the have a support center that has videos and article to help with anything.

Cons

Only con is against myself. I don't take advantage of everything Vendini has to offer. I am a one man operation who works on a volunteer basis.

Response from Vendini

Hello Joseph,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive review with us, we really appreciate it! We hope you can find the time in the near future to take advantage of our software!

Cathy S.

Vendini is a reliable, user-friendly, electronic ticketing interface

Reviewed on 2017/06/07

Pros

While the software is accessible, it's really the customer support team that is incredible. Over the three years of use, whatever the question or the need to troubleshoot a matter, they are on top of it. Prompt responses are a given. Friendly, capable staffing makes a huge difference for me and all delivered without my need of being an expert. A great product that serves the needs of our theatre patrons online and at the box office, the software provides what is needed for a small venue or larger organization.