Silent Auction Pro

Live auction event management for nonprofits

4,8
4,8
4,7
4,5
Jessica S.
Industry: Fine Art

The Support is Unparalleled

Reviewed on 2020/06/30

Pros

The price point for us was manageable - about half of what the other guys are charging.
So many features we will take years to master them all.
Don't worry - the support people have you back all the way through the process. They are truly on your team and will step you through click by click. SO many ways to get help. video. tutorial. PEOPLE!

Stable - this is not a website that cranks out a storefront... it's a robust database. And it is stable and functional. Not a sexy GIU, but it works when you need it and that is valuable!

It was a really good choice in the time of quarantine to choose SAP.

Cons

I wish I could have customized the site just a bit - and maybe I could, but we were under time crunch and it was not a priority.

There are SO many features. it is important to follow the Best Practices so you don't get overwhelmed.

Lara K.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Excellent Choice

Reviewed on 2017/10/07

Helped us run our best auction to date, with virtually no line at checkout, even though we had almost doubled our attendees from the prior year.

Pros

This is terrific software, especially for a smaller nonprofit. What sold the software to us is that when I inquired about it online on a Saturday, I got an immediate phone call from the owner of the company and software developer. This was very typical of all interaction with this company throughout our use of the software - we got immediate responses from support when we had questions, they understand that auctions happen on weekends and support needs to be available then, and when we found a few quirks in the software they were repaired immediately, often by the developer personally. We previously used Greater Giving and BidPal; all three have features that I like and don't like, but overall SilentAuctionPro is by far the best value for the price. The a la carte pricing is a huge benefit for nonprofits like ours that cannot use all features (i.e. online bidding). Overall, from last year to this year (BidPal to SilentAuctionPro), we went from about 100 to 195 attendees, and from our worst checkout ever to our best. The instruction files, help menus, videos, etc were by the far the best of any nonprofit software we have used. We were invoiced after the auction for the software, which could be of great benefit for a nonprofit just starting out with their first auction.

Cons

I would love to be able to have a website where people can enter their own donations and have them populate as donation items in the system. There were a few quirks like the system not liking quote marks and ampersands. I would like for there to be a bit more explanation on the page about the security of registering your card as many of my guests weren't comfortable doing so at the time of ticket purchase. It would also be great to have more customization options for the ticket sales page. Because of the way we run our auction, I would very much prefer to be able to assign bidder #s to a household rather than to an individual, but this would have been fine if we had noticed it earlier and planned accordingly. I would also like to be able to customize a bit more on the receipts, include ticket descriptions, etc. I would have set up our fixed price items differently than we were advised to as I don't think it was the best option for our auction and was a bit of a hiccup, but in fairness it was something we didn't get to in advance and did on the fly, so it would have been avoidable with a little planning. Although the reports are generally pretty great, I did have to piece together a few to get to what I needed which could be a pain for someone with less Excel experience. Really minor, but because we can't use online bidding, I print our bidsheets on carbonless paper. Would very much prefer that the half sheet option printed as a 2up because I ended up reformatting them in Adob

Kristine M.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Awesome fundraising tool for our organization!

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/01/06

Our non-profit arts education organization has had a very positive experience with Silent Auction Pro. We look forward to using this great software and all of its features/capabilities even more as we move forward in 2020!

Pros

1. Excellent training and support by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his Silent Auction Pro team!
2. This quality software system really did its job from initial communications, to auction set-up, right through event night and beyond with solid reporting!
3. Its affordable price, combined with superior customer service and tech support, made the decision to purchase a no-brainer-- especially for a committee of nervous new users!

Cons

There *is* a learning curve for newbies, as with any other software package. However, the online tutorials as well as ample documentation with clear procedures made it as painless as humanly possible to get up to speed and functional with it.

Cindy J.

A Software that DEFINITELY Helps you Raise More Money

Reviewed on 2017/03/24

This was our first use of this software and we were very satisfied with the results we achieved the night of our event. The software is relatively easy to use - the modules are marked but you do need to take you time to make sure you are on the right page. The customer support was fantastic. Every time I had a problem or a question they were there to answer it. They were able to go into my site, analyze my problem and help me solve it.

I did not use the registration part of the software since I purchased it too late to really get the benefit of that part of the program. However, I was able to push my guests to the site to register their credit card prior to our event. On the day of our event as our guests checked in we had a few banks of computers with people manning so that if our guests had difficulties they were there to assist. (I would recommend that for anyone using the program.)

During the event, we were able to showcase our fundraising live as it happened. This aspect definitely helped generate more bidding and involvement of our guests.

Pros

Cons

The modules could be designed to be easier to differentiate.

Jennifer H.

Reached our goal - even during COVID-19 - with help of Silent Auction Pro

Reviewed on 2020/04/08

Our small non-profit has had a very positive experience with Silent Auction Pro. We have used Silent Auction Pro for 3 years, 2 years with paper bidding and this year with mobile bidding. This year we were so lucky to have transitioned to mobile bidding. Our auction went on without a hitch, in a virtual environment, during the COVID-19 shut downs. We were able to switch everything to a virtual offering easily and we were still able to exceed our goal of $75,000. We look forward to using this great software in the future.

Pros

Once you use the software for multiple years it makes it so easy to put in repeat auction items. The software offers so many options and ways to set up communication with bidders, attendees, donors, etc. I love that you can schedule items to go out ahead of time so you don’t need to think about doing them later. Every year new updates make the software better than the year before. The pricing is affordable for non-profits and they offer superior customer service, tech support and a fantastic help section.

Cons

There is a learning curve, as with any other software package – the more you use it the easier it is. We tended we only have 2 people inputting auction information so that it was consistent. We would love to see a more comprehensive package that allows you to input expenses and see the full picture of the event. I know this is something they are trying to incorporate for the future and once it is available it will be even more fantastic!

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Thank you very much for the review Jennifer! We're hearing quite a few stories about groups switching to virtual events because of COVID-19 and still meeting or exceeding their goals - especially when you consider not having to pay for the venue and all the other expenses that come with it. I'm glad you had a great event! - Jim

Emily D.
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Auction software - JUST PERFECT FOR US!

Reviewed on 2016/12/21

Three years ago was the first time we used SilentAuctionPro. And we used it again for this year's event. SAP handled our 450+ donations with five users, 200 auction items, online bidding by 225+ guests and the raffle ticket feature.

We were able to train our volunteers on the AuctionDay features, and questions were quickly answered by the support staff via phone or email!

The extensive help section allowed users to familiarize themselves with the various features, too.

Tips for future users: start on soliciting donation early & use SAP to keep track of it all!

We plan to use it again for our next silent auction event in two years.

Great program, Silent Auction Pro. Leaps & bounds better than the days of paper bidding!

Pros

Add donor, add donation item, save! The extras are great:logos & pictures for displays, the communication tool saved us & we were able to message our bidders with auction highlights.

Cons

After our 2nd event, the system usage seemed more intuitive. We didn't realize how many features we could have used that first time! Would love the system to accept AmEx, not just Visa/MasterCard.

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Hi Emily - thank you for the review! FYI - You can accept AmEx, you just need to set up an AmEx account and give that number to Vantiv. Once it is set up just check the "Merchant Accepts AmEx" checkbox on the "Configure Merchant Account" page and AmEx will show up in the credit card select lists.

Heidi H.

We have used Silent Auction Pro for the past three years to manage our school auction.

Reviewed on 2018/04/15

Pros

The biggest pro for our organization is the customer support. It's superb. Being a rotating group of volunteers, we don't always have the technical know-how to manage the software right out of the gate each year, but the team at SAP really helps get us there by being available, knowledgeable, and clear with their guidance. Other pros: the functionality is robust, allowing us to do everything we need (set up online, silent, and live components of our auction, plus sell raffle tickets and track a fund-a-need). The platform is well organized and easy to navigate.

Cons

It does take some time up-front to learn the software and all that it can do. Sometimes we worried that we weren't using it at its full capacity or were taking more steps than necessary to complete a task. However, I think this is particular to our situation, because our group changes every year.

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Thanks Heidi! Hopefully your team takes advantage of the online help and video tutorials we have to help folks come up-to-speed on the system. As always - we're here to help! -Jim

Lisa S.
Industry: Philanthropy

Windsor Farm Elementary PTO Silent Auction Pro Review

Reviewed on 2017/03/27

Silent Auction Pro provided an ease and professional quality to our annual auction we had not previously enjoyed. In years past, our annual elementary PTO Fundraiser and Silent Auction was a tedious process. We would create our Bid Sheets and Display Sheets on separate programs. We would have another person create our event programs. Our donations would be logged in an Excel Spreadsheet. We would have ticket sales go through the office secretary. It wasn't seamless and it wasn't efficient. The checkout process at the event was also a mess as we didn't pre aucthorize credit cards and would have weeks of clean up trying to collect money from bidders who left without paying.

Silent Auction Pro from the moment we received our first donation and our first ticket sale to the end of the auction provided a new ease and professional quality. The software is an Auction Administrators best friend as it tracked everything needed to make the event successful.

We are a PTO of an elementary school and each year our auction makes a net profit of anywhere between $25-28,000. This year we had our most successful auction and I do believe it was because Silent Auction Pro freed up some of the time we used to spend on data entry. I was able to essentially run this auction by myself with the help of Silent Auction Pro. with over 300 auction items.

I would highly recommend the program. The customer service was wonderful as I had many questions with this being my first time. It is an efficient tool to run a successful auction and event and I look forward to the opportunity to use this program again.

Pros

Easy to use, great customer service, able to manage all needs in one platform.

Cons

n/a

Scott W.

Reviewed on 2014/10/21

This is our fifth year of using Silent Auction Pro for our annual fundraising auction for our public schools and we can highly recommend it.

We looked at several competing products before deciding it offered the most-bang-for-the-buck for an Internet-based cloud solution (important for the ability to share access with many users). With only a few weeks to prepare, we were able to import the bidder and donor lists from previous auctions, set up all the new donation and auction items, export all the content for our printed program, run our auction smoothly and efficiently (the check-in and check-out process was MUCH improved from the previous years using spreadsheets), generate all reports needed to review and reconcile the results and easily print thank you letters directly from the software. Our bidders were all very impressed with how much better the auction ran that year and we raised over $41,000.

Our experience was so positive with Silent Auction Pro, that we decided to try to take advantage of almost all of its many features. We added the online bidding and mobile bidding options after again reviewing competing solutions, including those that cost thousands of dollars. With more time to prepare, we had almost 300 items listed for bidding online, complete with pictures and links to donor web sites, and collected bids totaling more than $30,000 before our live event even started! I cannot begin to describe how excited our hardworking volunteers were to literally see the fruits of their labor increasing on their computer screens with larger and larger bid results every day of that online auction.

We also took advantage of the integrated credit card processing feature, which allowed us to easily pre-register bidders and sell tickets online. We even had volunteers using iPads to check people in and enter bid results during the auction. And within minutes of the completion of final bidding at our live auction, I checked the results on my phone's browser and realized we had just raised over $56,000. Wow! THANK YOU SILENT AUCTION PRO! And a special thank you to your tech support for all the emails and phone calls you supported us with throughout the whole process.

Look no further. You have found a terrific solution to your online, silent and live auction headaches. We'll certainly be back again next year!"

Tricia B.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Really Good Auction Program

Reviewed on 2018/11/01

Once you play around with the program, it seems to be pretty user friendly. And what you do not know how to do or are having trouble with, there are lots of tutorials to lead you through the process. Plus the support staff is excellent and amazingly helpful.

Pros

A good way to track all donations and purchases. There are many features which make this very easy. The check-out system is pretty user friendly and works well. The support staff at SAP are great to answer questions and lead you through the process.

Cons

The first ticket purchase by a buyer only allows for the purchasers name, and does not let you reassign the name to someone else right away – you have to go back in and readjust. It worked but is a little bit clunky.
A lot of data entry. As we were using this for the second time, some bits were easier as we could pull from past donors info.
The bid sheets selected the donations that were entered first, which were not always the biggest selling points when bundling
Setting up the bar tickets was a bit messy.
Would be nice to be able to pull more specified reports from the program. Customize the report formats.

Rachel S.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Best Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/03/11

Overall, I've been thankful for their ability to to assist me with my event. They call and checkup on a regular basis to ensure that you feel ready and that they've done their best to prepare you. They also stay on call when your event is happening, just in case.

Pros

The software has features and capabilities that I never knew I needed. Not only does it make the whole thing easier, it helps with every aspect of the event. The best thing ever, is that even if you are confused or lost, they are great at answering the phone and clearly walking you through everything. The more I use it, the less I need help and the more I learn about all the features.

Cons

It can be confusing at times where things are but the more you use it, the better it gets.

Helna C.
Industry: Hospitality

Silent Auction Pro makes silent auction process simple and easy to use

Reviewed on 2017/03/08

The software is very simple and easy to use. There are features and functionality that can be improved, however, overall the whole process save you time and money. Highly recommended for fundraising events.

Pros

Ease of use and simplicity of the process.

Cons

Image upload is very limited to what is set in the system and color customization is not available. It will be nice if you can add more image in the registration page to at least match the event website. Data archive is very limited. You have to back-up data after each event, otherwise, it's gone. They're very good in sending reminders, however, having the data archive for future use provides convenience and assurance that at least you have a copy or your data in Silent Auction Pro.

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Thank you for the review Helna! Just to clarify - we ABSOLUTELY DO keep all your data for each event so you don't have to back it up. All contacts, attendees, donations, payment transactions, everything is still in the system and hosted for a year from your paid event. I think perhaps you are not understanding where to find your archived data.

We've also added a new feature that allows you to upload an additional image for auction items.
-Jim

Industry: Utilities

Using SAP for silent auction for a Non-Profit group.

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

Saves us so much time. Used to use excel and mail merge to create bid sheets. Then had to enter results into a shared Sheet. Checkout took a lot longer since had to search the sheet. Also never had an online presence before so this gives us access to more people.

Pros

Using this tool enables us to reach more people. I also like that checkout takes a lot less time and the customers like getting a receipt. The ability to print and check all the items from a donation or auction item perspective is so helpful when setting up. I also like the email feature so we can send messages to our patrons and Thank you notes to our donors. The ability to text winning bid status is fun too. Having the patrons credit card information helps make check out a breeze even if they are not present at the time of close out of the auction.

Cons

Minor glitches with downloading to excel if you use that option. Easy to clean up though. There is a lot to learn to get going with the software but once you understand it, it is easy to use and the customer service is excellent.

Sandy R.
Industry: Music

The Perfect Solution for Us

Reviewed on 2020/02/04

Our guests LOVED the capability to do this and we raised DOUBLE out best year ever! THAT was truly amazing and we are so pleased with our decision to use SAP!

Pros

The software allowed us to do pretty much accomplish all of our goals for our auction. It streamlined both the bidding and the redemption portions of the auction which are the most time consuming. It went without a hitch at the event and we were beyond pleased with how it went and the amazing results!

Cons

We really did not dislike anything! Once we understood how it was structured, it was super easy to use and implement. We expected a learning curve, so that was not a surprise.

Ginny V.
Company size: Self Employed

Silent Auction Pro has exponentially increased our elementary school auction profit!

Reviewed on 2017/11/29

Savings of time, money and energy! A huge increase in profit over the last several years!

Pros

Silent Auction Pro makes the auction process seamless. Our school auction has gone from completely paper based, to silent auction with software, and then to mobile bidding over the past four years. Silent Auction Pro walked us through this process, helping us through each transition. The customer support we received was phenomenal. Their staff even looked for any issues and contacted me with assistance! In addition, we price compared several other similar services, and Silent Auction Pro was very cost competitive!

Jennifer G.

Biggest Bang For Your Buck

Reviewed on 2017/02/18

My organization, the Humane Society of Noble County, Inc. in Kendallville, Indiana, recently used this software at our annual Raise the WOOF gala for homeless pets. I recommend this company to anyone looking for an affordable, easy to use system. It was user-friendly for both our attendees and our check-in/check-out staff. The training and support received before the event was excellent, and (the INCLUDED) technical support staff went above and beyond the night of the event when we had a few users that had trouble with the system (which turned out to be simple password errors and nothing to do with the SAP software). We used a different software company in 2016 - it was ridiculously expensive, complicated to use and technical support was NOT included, but could be purchased for another astronomical amount. SAP had REAL people call us to touch base, they kept in contact with emails, and everything we wanted was included in this system. I will be recommending Silent Auction Pro to our next fundraising committee!

Pros

Easy to use, does everything the company says it does, and affordable.

Cons

Absolutely nothing!

Bridget B.

Great software for the price.

Reviewed on 2017/05/12

Pros

I like the amount of support we receive. The amount of help available is very useful. I like all of the tutorials on the admin side.

Cons

ITs not the most user friendly. There are a lot of steps between registering and bidding. I felt like you needed to make sure people were registered then make sure it hey had a cc added and then make sure you could charge that card at checkout. Seemed like a lot of steps for the users.

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Hi Bridget - thank you for the review. It sounds like you might have not understood the registration process. If you are selling tickets through Silent Auction Pro then anyone who purchases a ticket is automatically signed up for online bidding and their credit card is stored securely on file. The same applies for someone just signing up for online bidding.

It is possible for an administrator to enter a contact into the system and then put a credit card on file for them, and they still not be signed up as an online bidder. That's not the way to sign someone up for online bidding. It sounds like that may have been what you were doing? -Jim

Jason W.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

OUTSTANDING SOFTWARE! ESSENTIAL FOR FUNDRAISING!

Reviewed on 2017/11/29

INCREASED REVENUE AND AN EXPEDITED CHECKOUT! It was priceless and we will be using from here on out! At first, the site can seem daunting, but with a great support staff and intuitive software with some key 'go to' areas to get to easily, Silent Auction Pro is essential to any live and silent auction!

Pros

Our first time using SAP, and it was a huge success! We love the online bidding via your phone at the event. Online bidding increased our revenue by 100%... it is easy to set up and even easier to use! Online registration allowed for the easiest checkout process ever! Our attendees loved the software and found it extremely easy to use, intuitive, and simple!

Forgot to mention how easy it was to set up ticket sales too! It was so easy to set up and allowed for upsales and was even easier for our supporters!

Get this software and use it all! You won't be disappointed!

Jody A.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Great service and easy to use!

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

Great experience!

Pros

We were so thankful for the online platform when we had to cancel our event due to COVID-19. Our school has used the software for many years for our bi-annual event. As the new chair this year, I was so thrilled with the customer support we received from our rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. I found most of the features of the site easy to use after a little trial and error. I'm sure our school will continue to use the software for future events.

Cons

A few confusing hoops to jump through at times and our particular event doesn't really need the contact set up that is required for every entry. But mostly efficient and acceptable for our small school fundraiser. Another great feature would be to create an app rather than having to download the site as an icon to your phone home screen. This seems clunky today, when it seems that every company out there has an app.

Kim G.

The auction is awesome, having the website to organize al of the items makes getting ready so much e

Reviewed on 2017/05/09

Pros

I like that it lets us have an online auction time, table only time and then we can put what is left back on the site. I also like that it keeps track of who donates each item and which account it goes into at the end.

Cons

Having to take each item from a D to an A number seems like too many steps. If you could just make it an A number and then have to review it, it would be less steps.

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Hi Kim - thank you for the review! The reason you convert donations to auction items is that allows you to combine multiple donations into a single item which is very common. Example would be the limo ride, theater tickets and a gift certificate for dinner could be combined together to make "A Night on the Town". That is done through the bundling flow. In cases where one donation becomes one auction item, you can use the auto-convert page and very easily convert all your individual donations to individual auction items with a couple clicks of the mouse. Being able to support the concept of bundling is very important. Hope this explanation helps! -Jim

Elizabeth H.
Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Best Investment We Made

Reviewed on 2020/03/12

The customer service is great. Each group as a event coach that helps you navigate event logistics. The one-on-one attention your receive makes learning the software very easy.

Pros

The database capabilities sold us on this software initially. The ability to communicate with prospective donors via bulk emails was a huge time saver. When we transitioned to mobile bidding, we saw our silent auction proceeds nearly double!

Cons

The cost is a bit prohibitive when you are working to raise as much money for your group as possible. However, we priced many options, and Silent Auction Pro gave us the most for our money.

SilentAuctionPro delivered for our Foundation

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/06/21

We've now complete 2 successful silent auctions on SilentAuctionPro using their Mobile Pro for our multi-day silent auction, our members were bidding on items 24/7 and our Foundation benefits from increased proceeds over our traditional paper bid sheet auctions previously used.

Pros

Undoubtedly, the customer support is extraordinary. The telephone support is easy and every time we called, their was someone there to answer - no hold music, no auto-attendant - but a real, live person. They are also pro-active - helping guide us in the weeks leading up to our event with reminder check lists and best practices to maximize our success.

Cons

Because the software is so rich in features and versatile, it takes a bit of patience to determine what aspects of the features we were using and which didn't apply to our specific needs.

Cynthia D.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

I continue to be amazed at all that Silent Auction Pro can do and how easy it is to use.

Reviewed on 2017/07/14

The ability to track our data more easily including donations and donor history. Electronic bidding was loved by many but frustrated some of our older guests and others who were reticent to give their credit card to allow them to bid. These are only minor issues that we will anticipate and prepare ourselves to manage better next year. The benefits far outweighed the challenges.

Pros

The program is intuitive. With a little practice, it is easy to find the tools I needed. The support from the Silent Auction Pro was immediate and always helpful. They also initiate follow-up calls to check on how we are doing. I truly enjoyed working with each of them.

Cons

My only disappointment is that we did not move ahead in our selection to Silent Auction Pro earlier in our annual process. We did not have the time to use the program to the fullest extent, You can be certain that we plan to begin now to position ourselves to use the program to its best advantage for our event next year.

Shelly H.

Extremely user friendly for both staff and guests!

Reviewed on 2017/03/20

We have never used an auction specific software for our annual gala event since it is a one time a year fundraiser. We knew we were struggling with check in and check out lines and not giving our guests the best possible experience at the event. I did some research and found Silent Auction Pro. We were able to call and get a demo the next day - we couldn't believe how user friendly the system was and how much it would cut down on the time it took us to manually create packages and create display sheets. I was also excited about how easy it would be to send a thank you to event attendees, bidders and donors the day after the event. I also had access to all sorts of reports following our gala and could quickly generate statistics from the event. This all usually takes me up to a week after the event to pull all the information. We received great feedback on the ease of use - we jumped right in and used the mobile bidding. Guests of all ages could use their smartphone or go to a kiosk in the room to quickly place bids and receive notifications if they had been outbid, leaving them more time to socialize with other guests. Customer service was awesome - we had a question during the event, we called and talked to someone right away who walked us through exactly what we needed to do. Overall we are very happy with the experience and will use Silent Auction Pro for our event again next year!

Cory D.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Great software for silent auction for growing non profit!

Reviewed on 2017/11/15

Pros

Fundraising software can be very expensive and overall this was a great value for the money! Silent Auction Pro is a user friendly software and met all of the needs of our event, from acquiring donations to selling event tickets and communicating with guests to the actual auction. The end user product looks professional and our guests commented on its ease of use!

Customer support was always willing to help with any questions, and the help function and videos online were easy to use and helpful.

Cons

The most confusing set up was with our raffle items, but the process made sense after talking to customer support. Would like the option to sell and track raffles by bidder and not issuing actual raffle tickets.

Also, the software recommends not reconciling spouses but this seemed to make it more confusing for us to keep them separate.