Silent Auction Pro Reviews

Karen
Karen

Easy to use and Learn

Reviewed on 2018/12/20

Silent Auction Pro was very easy to use. The staff was easy to talk with and would work with you to find a solution. Silent Auction Pro made our program run much smoother than in past years.

Pros

The software was easy to set up, learn, use and teach. Our members loved how quick check-in/out was.

Cons

There is no app, yet. There is a way to make a shortcut on your phone but some people have difficulty doing it.

Allison

100% Recommend

Reviewed on 2020/09/01

Had the best experience with Silent Auction Pro.. we were under a short time frame due to restrictions with COVID-19 and getting approval from the administration on an auction software. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], our event Coach helped us through the whole process. Even when we had a slight error during the event her and the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] solved it immediately. Very impressed with their company.

Pros

Customer Service is amazing
Really, really, easy to use
TONS of reports to pull for any information you would need
Real-time reports on how much money you are making and the return on the value
The registration page and the ability to customize it to our liking was amazing, especially when recognizing sponsors.
The mobile site was awesome and so easy to use
Texts/Emails that came during the event are helpful

Cons

Can only have one event going at a time
Unable to "edit" thank you letter when going to send out, it pulls straight from the template
The donor v. bidder and confirming identities

Handbid and Greater Giving

Reasons for Switching to Silent Auction Pro

The administration at my college would not approve Greater Giving. Called Handbid and felt their customer service was sub par and really weren't willing to help work through our questions. Plus their fees seemed very high.
Cristina

Used for Annual Auction

Reviewed on 2023/02/24

Pros

It does the job but doesn't exactly WOW me as a user

Cons

Seemed very basic and run of the mill. Nothing stood out as I had to keep using this.

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Interestingly there is no Cristina P that has used our software since 2019. This is a fake review.

"Cristina" - I'm sending you a copy of my response along with my email address. If you are real, please reach back out to me - if you really used our software and didn't like it I would love to hear more about what it was you didn't like... Jim Donnell - President & Founder.

• Industry: Utilities
  • Used for 2+ years

Using SAP for silent auction for a Non-Profit group.

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

Saves us so much time. Used to use excel and mail merge to create bid sheets. Then had to enter results into a shared Sheet. Checkout took a lot longer since had to search the sheet. Also never had an online presence before so this gives us access to more people.

Pros

Using this tool enables us to reach more people. I also like that checkout takes a lot less time and the customers like getting a receipt. The ability to print and check all the items from a donation or auction item perspective is so helpful when setting up. I also like the email feature so we can send messages to our patrons and Thank you notes to our donors. The ability to text winning bid status is fun too. Having the patrons credit card information helps make check out a breeze even if they are not present at the time of close out of the auction.

Cons

Minor glitches with downloading to excel if you use that option. Easy to clean up though. There is a lot to learn to get going with the software but once you understand it, it is easy to use and the customer service is excellent.

Paul

Excellent company

Reviewed on 2019/03/17

Pros

Easy to use both from a administrator and customer point of view

Cons

No cons can not come up with anything we did not like

Beth
Beth
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Silent Auction Pro - Great Value & Met All Our Needs

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

This was our second year using Silent Auction Pro for our annual special event and our first year using the mobile bidding function. It offers all the functions we need to run a great event that includes silent and live auctions and Fund-A-Cause. The price was excellent compared to another platform we researched, and we have always found our event representative to be very helpful from beginning to end.

Pros

The wide variety of functions combined with good customer service and a great price.

Cons

Not all functions and reports are intuitive to me, but they have excellent instructions, training videos and customer service - making learning the functions easy.

William

President

Reviewed on 2019/03/25

From the owner (who calls you back immediately) to the support person (who you can call at 11:00pm during your checkout on the Saturday night of the event) - it's the type of customer service that is rare these days - bravo to the team!!

Pros

This software essentially removed our need to hire an auction company to handle our event - saving us upwards of $2,500.

Cons

The software could use a little more "what you see is what you get" buttons - in other words, navigation for dummies; but if you spend even a little time using the software, it's intuitive and grows on you quickly.

Susan
Susan
  • Used for 2+ years

The customer support is unparalleled!

Reviewed on 2017/10/29

Pros

The Customer Support is very helpful. We had not used a formal database previously and have found this one to be very easy to use.

Cons

I wish we could link two bidders (spouses) so we know if both have used the bid # upon checkout. Would love to have a couple more checks and balances in place.

Rich
  • Used for 1+ year

Great software that is invaluable aid to fundraising

Reviewed on 2018/02/23

Pros

Functionality is excellent. It has lots of features and benefits. The administration and reporting tools are also well thought out. It is clear they understand the many requirements of fundraising.
Finally, their support is outstanding.

Cons

It takes a while to learn the navigation- where tools are located. Also, in one or two instances we wanted to extract information in a certain way but the system didn't provide for this.

Aaron
Aaron
  • Used for 1-5 months

Silent Auction Pro - Lenoir-Rhyne University

Reviewed on 2020/11/25

We will use again!

We will use again!

Pros

The responsiveness of our Silent Auction Pro Rep and the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
of Silent Auction Pro was fantastic. They were always very helpful and quick to respond. They were always willing to answer questions and come up with solutions for us. The price of the software was also fantastic and very affordable. The ease of use of the site for bidders was great too. Very little issues there! Helped us have our most successful silent auction to date at LR!!

Cons

Some areas of the site could be streamlined and more easily customizable. We encountered some issues with website branding, adding extra pictures, and customizing the type of bidding items. It's also a little clunky with item editing once a donation or item is inputted in the system. These are all overcome in my opinion by the customer experience and willingness to correct issues that come up.

Gail

I like Silent Auction Pro and would recommend it to any NPO or organization for their event.

Reviewed on 2021/01/19

Fundraising for the Children's Coalition of Aransas County

Fundraising for the Children's Coalition of Aransas County

Pros

That first phone call to Silent Auction Pro led to a Zoom demo with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. The demo with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] led to our Board giving approval for the contract. Since that first conversation to the post-event conversations, every step, every need, every question, every "OH NO" moment on my side was quickly answered and solved. There is no customer service team like theirs. Their team is the BEST. Phone calls were answered either immediately or with a very quick return call in minutes. And I must add that phones were answered during Holiday hours. Besides their immediate and expert support, the package features and pricing were more compatible with our NPO's size.

The announcement feature and the communication functions were tremendously helpful. We scheduled videos and sent texts and emails for our event. Afterwards, I sent every donor, sponsor, group member, volunteer, and every registered bidder either an email or software generated letter with the information that pertained to each one specifically. This function alone saved me hours of work. Thank you, Silent Auction Pro!

Cons

The initial use of the software required diligent data entry. It was a lot of work. We now have a database containing donors, sponsors, bidders, volunteers, and workers. Next year's data entry will not start at zero.

For some data entry and reports, (without checking which aggravated me the most I must be vague) having a "scroll to the top button" would be nice. Also, when working in one function, I would like to always be sent back to that one function when I hit submit rather than have to find that spot again.
And there must be a better way to edit items after they have been merged into an auction item. I never asked, so there might be. I would find a spelling error or decide to add a better description for an Auction item. The edited text would not appear unless I deleted it as an auction item, edited the donated item text, then reassigned as an auction item. Also, I believe a sponsor function that could be separate from the donor and bid reporting function would be beneficial.

These are my only criticisms. They are small and might have had an answer if I had asked. They were not even important enough for me to put on a list when I talked with the Support Team.

Kristine
  • Used for 6-12 months

Awesome fundraising tool for our organization!

Reviewed on 2020/01/06

Our non-profit arts education organization has had a very positive experience with Silent Auction Pro. We look forward to using this great software and all of its features/capabilities even more as we move forward in 2020!

Pros

1. Excellent training and support by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his Silent Auction Pro team!
2. This quality software system really did its job from initial communications, to auction set-up, right through event night and beyond with solid reporting!
3. Its affordable price, combined with superior customer service and tech support, made the decision to purchase a no-brainer-- especially for a committee of nervous new users!

Cons

There *is* a learning curve for newbies, as with any other software package. However, the online tutorials as well as ample documentation with clear procedures made it as painless as humanly possible to get up to speed and functional with it.

Cindy

A Software that DEFINITELY Helps you Raise More Money

Reviewed on 2017/03/24

This was our first use of this software and we were very satisfied with the results we achieved the night of our event. The software is relatively easy to use - the modules are marked but you do need to take you time to make sure you are on the right page. The customer support was fantastic. Every time I had a problem or a question they were there to answer it. They were able to go into my site, analyze my problem and help me solve it.

I did not use the registration part of the software since I purchased it too late to really get the benefit of that part of the program. However, I was able to push my guests to the site to register their credit card prior to our event. On the day of our event as our guests checked in we had a few banks of computers with people manning so that if our guests had difficulties they were there to assist. (I would recommend that for anyone using the program.)

During the event, we were able to showcase our fundraising live as it happened. This aspect definitely helped generate more bidding and involvement of our guests.

Pros

Cons

The modules could be designed to be easier to differentiate.

Emily
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Auction software - JUST PERFECT FOR US!

Reviewed on 2016/12/21

Three years ago was the first time we used SilentAuctionPro. And we used it again for this year's event. SAP handled our 450+ donations with five users, 200 auction items, online bidding by 225+ guests and the raffle ticket feature.

We were able to train our volunteers on the AuctionDay features, and questions were quickly answered by the support staff via phone or email!

The extensive help section allowed users to familiarize themselves with the various features, too.

Tips for future users: start on soliciting donation early & use SAP to keep track of it all!

We plan to use it again for our next silent auction event in two years.

Great program, Silent Auction Pro. Leaps & bounds better than the days of paper bidding!

Pros

Add donor, add donation item, save! The extras are great:logos & pictures for displays, the communication tool saved us & we were able to message our bidders with auction highlights.

Cons

After our 2nd event, the system usage seemed more intuitive. We didn't realize how many features we could have used that first time! Would love the system to accept AmEx, not just Visa/MasterCard.

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Hi Emily - thank you for the review! FYI - You can accept AmEx, you just need to set up an AmEx account and give that number to Vantiv. Once it is set up just check the "Merchant Accepts AmEx" checkbox on the "Configure Merchant Account" page and AmEx will show up in the credit card select lists.

Lisa
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Windsor Farm Elementary PTO Silent Auction Pro Review

Reviewed on 2017/03/27

Silent Auction Pro provided an ease and professional quality to our annual auction we had not previously enjoyed. In years past, our annual elementary PTO Fundraiser and Silent Auction was a tedious process. We would create our Bid Sheets and Display Sheets on separate programs. We would have another person create our event programs. Our donations would be logged in an Excel Spreadsheet. We would have ticket sales go through the office secretary. It wasn't seamless and it wasn't efficient. The checkout process at the event was also a mess as we didn't pre aucthorize credit cards and would have weeks of clean up trying to collect money from bidders who left without paying.

Silent Auction Pro from the moment we received our first donation and our first ticket sale to the end of the auction provided a new ease and professional quality. The software is an Auction Administrators best friend as it tracked everything needed to make the event successful.

We are a PTO of an elementary school and each year our auction makes a net profit of anywhere between $25-28,000. This year we had our most successful auction and I do believe it was because Silent Auction Pro freed up some of the time we used to spend on data entry. I was able to essentially run this auction by myself with the help of Silent Auction Pro. with over 300 auction items.

I would highly recommend the program. The customer service was wonderful as I had many questions with this being my first time. It is an efficient tool to run a successful auction and event and I look forward to the opportunity to use this program again.

Pros

Easy to use, great customer service, able to manage all needs in one platform.

Cons

n/a

Scott

Reviewed on 2014/10/21

This is our fifth year of using Silent Auction Pro for our annual fundraising auction for our public schools and we can highly recommend it.

We looked at several competing products before deciding it offered the most-bang-for-the-buck for an Internet-based cloud solution (important for the ability to share access with many users). With only a few weeks to prepare, we were able to import the bidder and donor lists from previous auctions, set up all the new donation and auction items, export all the content for our printed program, run our auction smoothly and efficiently (the check-in and check-out process was MUCH improved from the previous years using spreadsheets), generate all reports needed to review and reconcile the results and easily print thank you letters directly from the software. Our bidders were all very impressed with how much better the auction ran that year and we raised over $41,000.

Our experience was so positive with Silent Auction Pro, that we decided to try to take advantage of almost all of its many features. We added the online bidding and mobile bidding options after again reviewing competing solutions, including those that cost thousands of dollars. With more time to prepare, we had almost 300 items listed for bidding online, complete with pictures and links to donor web sites, and collected bids totaling more than $30,000 before our live event even started! I cannot begin to describe how excited our hardworking volunteers were to literally see the fruits of their labor increasing on their computer screens with larger and larger bid results every day of that online auction.

We also took advantage of the integrated credit card processing feature, which allowed us to easily pre-register bidders and sell tickets online. We even had volunteers using iPads to check people in and enter bid results during the auction. And within minutes of the completion of final bidding at our live auction, I checked the results on my phone's browser and realized we had just raised over $56,000. Wow! THANK YOU SILENT AUCTION PRO! And a special thank you to your tech support for all the emails and phone calls you supported us with throughout the whole process.

Look no further. You have found a terrific solution to your online, silent and live auction headaches. We'll certainly be back again next year!"

Natalie

Software is Extremely Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2021/07/21

I loved working with Silent Auction Pro. Their support is phenomenal. Most of the people you talk to were involved with a PTO which is how they got started working with Silent Auction Pro so they were extremely helpful especially since I am using this software to raise money for our PTO.

Pros

I loved that the bidding, sign up, and communication was extremely easy to use. It was as easy as providing a link or QR code to get families signed up for the online bidding. Then the bidding itself was easy and engaging because you will get notified on items you are actively bidding on to tell you if you have been outbid which keeps you actively engaged in the auction! You can also set a max. bid and bid increment and the system will bid on an item for you.

In the set up process Silent Auction Pro makes it extremely easy to communicate with your bidders. You can set up email and text notifications in advance so you don't have to worry about sending the day of or before your event. You can schedule out these notifications for the month, etc. leading up to your event.

Cons

It was a little difficult making sure everything looked ok when you switched donor items over to auction items. It usually pulls over details you have in your donor item, but you need to go through and make sure fonts and everything look the same so when people are viewing your auction items everything looks consistent.

Accelevents, SchoolAuction.net and Greater Giving

Reasons for Switching to Silent Auction Pro

The customer support!
Celia

Saved Us Time, Trouble And Confusion!

Reviewed on 2016/06/18

Before finding Silent Auction Pro, we were doing everything by hand. It took up a lot of everyone's time and led to a lot of frustration. After a very stressful night of having people waiting for us to hand calculate their winning bids and asking us every five minutes if we were ready, we decided there must be a better way to do this. A fundraiser should be fun! It has fun in the name! So I found Silent Auction Pro. It made such a difference to not have all of those people waiting for us to give them their winning items and invoices. And, checking out was quick. I highly recommend for events like silent auctions.

Pros

You can enter your donations one time and duplicate them if you have more than one or if you are repeating the same items the next year, you can see where your volunteers are in the process of getting their donations and they can mark their status, you can bundle lower value items together to make a larger basket and it is easy to do, the check in and check out at our event was fast! And, I was able to enjoy the actual event for the first time.

Cons

Not really a con, but a suggestion if you use this software: have a designated person in charge of using the software and train everyone to enter the information consistently. I think their best practices was helpful'it saves time to make sure you take that step so you don't have to edit a bunch of things later.

Stephen

Phenomenal Support

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

Our primary objectives were to:

1. Streamline the checkout process and make it easier for our...

Our primary objectives were to:

1. Streamline the checkout process and make it easier for our donors.
2. Increase the size of our bids with respect to the Fair Market Value of the items.

We achieved both of these objectives.

Pros

The product is great (and increased our bid-to-FMV ratio), but the support is phenomenal!

In my "day job", I have been a software professional for 30 years. I have never seen the level of support that Silent Auction Pro delivered to us. They were very proactive in reaching out to make suggestions such as "you are now 4 weeks away from your event, so you should be thinking about these things...". They also offered and delivered a live training session at no charge for our personnel. When I called for help with a particular issue they often offered just to take care of the issue for me. That was especially helpful while we were in the middle of our gala/auction!

The software provided all of the functionality that we had hoped for, as well as a number of benefits that we had not imagined.

I highly recommend this as a solution to manage events which include an auction.

Cons

None that I can think of. We did a few things wrong this first time around, but that was because all of us have day jobs and did not spend adequate time to get up to speed and "didn't know what we didn't know". However the support staff did a great job helping us over those snags.

Alberto
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

the most user-friendly software ever used

Reviewed on 2023/05/28

Pros

Silent Auction Pro is an incredibly user-friendly software with a website that's easy to navigate. Over the years, I've continuously learned and become more familiar with its extensive features, such as donation reports, contact history, and mobile online bidding. The customer support is exceptional, and their comprehensive reports can be easily downloaded for event wrap-ups. The Bidsheet Pro option has revolutionized our planning process, offering a seamless experience from donation entry to checkout. The software's extras, like logos and communication tools, were invaluable in enhancing our auction.

Cons

Silent Auction Pro has its challenges, requiring research and self-starting to fully utilize its functions. Customer support was helpful, but the software's interface can be cumbersome with excessive clicking. While some features need improvement, the developers actively work on updates based on user feedback. Learning the system was a worthwhile endeavor, despite a few quirks.

Mary
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

A happy client!

Reviewed on 2021/02/05

Very good to excellent.

Very good to excellent.

Pros

First and foremost, we were thrilled to raise more than $10,000 from our previous online auction. I was super impressed by the customer service and support before, during and after running our auction. The software is easy to use from both the administrative side and bidder side. The software is aesthetically appealing. It attracted our usual bidders as well as those (of an older generation) that were hestitant with using eBay. We received many comments from our bidders that they liked this software.

Cons

Would like features added to the software that deal with shipping items. For example, would like to be able to assign shipping charges to an auction item that the bidder can view when bidding. Also, would like ability to add multiple photos for an item.

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Hi Mary - thank you for choosing Silent Auction Pro for your event and for posting a great review!

FYI - As of January 2021 you may upload up to 5 photos or even videos per donation. We also reformatted the Auction Catalog and item detail pages to make the pictures bigger and the text easier to read.

- Jim

Theresa

Silent Auction Pro was easy to learn and use

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

I will definitely use Silent Auction Pro for our next fundraising event. The ease of use, price, and functionality of the website were good for my team and I.

Pros

I like that the staff at Silent Auction Pro continually checked up on me to make sure that I understood everything that needed to be done before my fundraising event. This was my first time using Silent Auction Pro and that was a HUGE help. I also found the videos very helpful when learning how to use the system. My team and I found Silent Auction Pro easy to use and user friendly.

Cons

I didn't like that you are unable to create tickets without a person's name assigned to it. We have sponsors that are gifted anywhere from 2-10 tickets. Sometimes they use the tickets within the company and other times they give them to their customers. The system wasn't easy for my team to find the correct company since it was assigned to a name, not a company.

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Hi Theresa - thank you very much for the review!
Regarding tickets having to be assigned to a person rather than a company. We do have a Company field in the contacts form and if you use that it will show up when searching for tickets to assign to a guest.

As covered in the Best Practices, if you do not have a contact name for a company, use a first name of "Community Supporter" (or something like that) and put the company name in the Last Name field as well as in the Company field. This will make it easy when searching for tickets, and will also work for the Thank You letters.

Jim

Marissa

Wonderful Product!

Reviewed on 2022/04/20

It was great! This year everything went off without a hitch. It worked beautifully and was easy to use. I definitely recommend Silent Auction Pro.

Pros

My kids school does an annual auction to raise money for the PTO. I am a parent volunteer that is the chair for the school auction. This year we switched from another company to Silent Auction Pro and it has been night and day. Silent Auction Pro is very easy to use and it looks great. I am very happy with my decision to change to Silent Auction Pro.

Cons

To be honest I can't think of anything that I didn't like. It was easy to use and if I had a question my contact at Silent Auction Pro was very quick to respond and walk me through it.

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Thank you for your review, Marissa! We're so happy to hear your event was a success, and we look forward to working with you again.

Crystal
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Very Responsive Customer Service & Support

Reviewed on 2022/09/29

We started using SilentAuction Pro during covid for our annual art auction fundraiser. This year we made it a hybrid event (online bidding but viewing the art in person). This helped us keep the supporters we picked up when we were fully online and allow folks to view the auction items in person. It turned out great and we learned a lot on how to do it even better next time.

Pros

The instant log in link. The messaging module. The ability to have multiple photos and video.

Cons

The menu can be challenging to get used to/navigate.

Response from Silent Auction Pro

Hi Crystal - thank you for the review! FYI - we will be offering an alternate menu option in a couple months that will be task based and should be much more intuitive!

Michelle

Perfect for our church auction

Reviewed on 2016/03/23

Our silent auction had been paper based for two years and we decided to take it to a web-based platform this year. It was a risk, but we did our research and reached out to three different companies for demos. The team from Silent Auction Pro was fantastic and answered all of our questions during the demo and post demo.

Once we decided they were the right company for us - we got to work with set up. Our auction was tied to three performances and we wanted people to buy from any of the performances. The team at Silent Auction Pro worked with us to get it set up so people could sort by auction and also see all items.

The response was incredible. Everyone loved shopping on their phones or the kiosk before the auction, then looking at the tables to check it our and bid.

The kiosk mode was perfect for those not interested in using phones - it ranged from moms letting their younger children bid to people without the smart phones to people whose phones died during the auction!

Then it was so easy to close out after each performance - took us 10 minutes, at most! it was awesome!

Going from a paper auction to an online auction requires more advance work, but it is well worth it. We set up a "photo studio" (black paper on a table and wall) and took glamour shots of all the items. It really made things pop on the site. I suggest having two people enter the items - we had more than 200 items and it took more than a week of working on the event at night to get it loaded. But - in the end - we increased our take by almost 80%. It was amazing. People HATE to be outbid - and were bidding during the performances.

I highly recommend watching the videos - invaluable. But calling tech support when you get stuck is great - they were so helpful and responsive.

We already know we will be using Silent Auction Pro again next year - couldn't be happier with our decision.