ChildWatch Reviews

ChildWatch

Business management software for childcare centers

4.6/5 (14 reviews)

The Childwatch system is a good software to use if you have a business in the childcare industry.

Reviewed on 1/27/2018

Pros

I liked the ability to use different programs and or rooms for the different ages. I like the ability to add photos for the kids and parents. I especially liked the calendar and parent portal.

Cons

My business is a drop in childcare so we had to manipulate the system quite a bit in order to accommodate hourly billing with the many different specials and programs we run here at the drop in child care center. We knew that from the beginning and tech support was very helpful in showing us how to do the things we needed to do in order to make it work for our center.

ALL DAYCARE PROVIDERS SHOULD BE USING THIS SYSTEM! We are able to manage our day-to-day operations

Reviewed on 6/5/2018

Pros

Our parents & employees were able to easily clock-in/out on any device and had access to the information, features specific to their role. We were able to easily record transitions, milestones, daily sheets, meal counts and so much more.

Cons

Nothing...
Our Parents and staff can access everything in their portal from any device at any time. It made keeping up with attendance, ratios and the knowledge of knowing that was present in the center at all times.

Excellent product!

Reviewed on 9/11/2015

We have been associated with ChildWatch since we became CACFP sponsors--almost 5 years. Our state process can be very cumbersome and the need for reliable documentation is vital. Since I am the person who is responsible for all data, having a way to meet the reporting requirements that is correct and non-disputable is personally important as well as organizationally vital. ChildWatch has provided that consistency and given us the confidence in knowing we can provide "proof" and adherence to policies and procedures of CACFP with our documentation. As with anything, there have been challenges, but they have been addressed quickly and where necessary, changes made. I don't see how anyone can administer the CACFP program without having ChildWatch as their software support. Best decision our company President ever made!

Great way to stay connected with parents!

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 1/16/2019

Pros

I love this app allows me to keep track of diaper changes, meals served, and photos of children sent to parents daily.

Cons

So far I like everything about the software and haven’t run into any kinks.

Outstanding customer service, excellent product

Reviewed on 8/27/2015

I am a long term Childwatch client and highly recommend this product. My center is part of a larger institution and the program compliments our standalone software capabilities. I find the interface extremely user friendly and logical. I am able to pull reports that display exactly what I need for my customers and for internal program needs. The monthly subscription cost is reasonable and the service has many features that I am not currently able to use, but you should! I can't speak highly enough of the customer service. I have never waiting more than a few hours for a response to any question, problem, or frustration I've experienced. The support team takes customer input very seriously and I've even seen system changes in direct response to the feedback I've given. Remarkable indeed.

Remarkable!

Reviewed on 7/6/2011

Other software that you would purchase (in-store) could become out-dated before you learned how to use it. But with Child Watch, you get updated forms & information as needed and do not have to worry about purchasing a newer version; as CACFP rules change, so does Child Watch.
The way in which our Agency sponsors CACFP Home Daycare Providers & our own Head Start Centers has changed completely since we have gone with Child Watch; we save a great deal of time & money. Child Watch keeps us competitive.

Pros

Remarkable Product - user friendly
Remarkable training- as if they are there with you.
Remarkable Service - ready to listen & assist
Remarkable Support -always there for you

Cons

Honestly, none!

Great Customer Support!

Reviewed on 6/16/2011

Highly recommend the program for small companies!

Pros

I implemented this program a year ago and am still learning some of the features. The customer support has been phenomenal-answering my smallest questions and treating me with with respect. They have a very quick turn around time for questions.

Cons

I would like to be able to "cafeteria" style choose what I need to have on my account. There may be a way to do that already, but that would require me deleting categories. I'd prefer to add on as needed.

Childwatch review

Reviewed on 9/13/2011

Would definitly recommand this program to other centers and have already.

Pros

The program was very easy to use and get around. The tutorials are a great help. Turn around time for help is fast. Great way to keep track of shot records updates.

Cons

Meal count form should be the same as the actual paper form that is reviewed by the state. That way when they come in to review you can show them your counts on paper on the state approved form.

Always changes to meet MY needs!

Reviewed on 5/3/2016

Our center is unique and we love all the different features that can be easily tailored to our needs. One of reasons we love Childwatch so much is their ability to add/change features to meet our needs. We simply email a suggestion and it's done within a day! Some suggestions are more complex but Childwatch lets you know every step of the way as they are working on it. Talk about a company that serves a growing and changing business!

Childcare Center Organization

Reviewed on 9/25/2013

Before we got ChildWatch we were languishing in paperwork. The Director was having trouble with mounting files and our federal nutrition program was taking much too much time in record-keeping I am truly thankful that we now have real time and historical data at our fingertips and the money it has saved us over the past few years is incalculable

Remarkable is Remarkable!

Reviewed on 6/15/2011

I would highly recommend this product to any child care. Once it is set up and running it is very easy to maintain and use.

Pros

flexibility
available from any PC
multiple reports
easy to customize

Cons

I have not found any con's I like it!

Randa Mitchell Account Tech Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe

Reviewed on 9/28/2016

Took some getting used to but in the end realized it was a very accurate system and if I could have had more use it was wonderful.

Child Watch System

Reviewed on 6/15/2011

We have recommended to others who are also using the program.

Pros

Meets our needs...
Very user friendly...

Cons

We have no issues with the system...

Even with the new system I feel like I can find anything.

Reviewed on 9/8/2015

ChildWatch support is amazing...thank you for you prompt service.