TeamSnap Reviews

TeamSnap

Sports team, club & league management software & apps

4.5/5 (86 reviews)
Glenn G.

Good team management tool but needs improvement

Reviewed on 2018/04/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I used Teamsnap to manage a Men's adult softball team for over 7 years

-Players or manager can track player "availability" easily through the app. The player can mark which games they may miss due to vacation, etc. This is useful for tracking how many subs I may need for a given week.
-The ability to track statistics
-Easy to use mobile app
-The ability to send/track messages to team

Cons

There are a few things they can work on:

-Stats were great, but were not available on the mobile platform. This was an issue because the majority of the team only used the mobile
-I wanted to lock down 'availability' an hour leading up to the game, otherwise someone could mark themselves out the last minute without me knowing, but this feature was not offered.
-The top stats feature is cool - it allowed you to show the season leaders for stats. But they did not allow you to set a threshold for minimum games - i.e. a qualified player. So a player who went 2-2 in a single game and didn't play another game all season would lead the team in batting average.
-One time I sent out a note to the team to have them mark their availability for the game that week and Teamsnap decided at the same time to do unannounced maintenance on the site, so no one could login
-I was on an annual billing plan, but stopped managing the team half way into the year. There was no refund even though I stopped using the site for 6 months.

7.0/10
Emmett F.

Great app for sports management and athletic families.

Reviewed on 2019/06/28

Makes life as an athletic family much easier and more organized.

Pros

Made it super easy to check when I have a hockey practice or game and also made this easier for my entire family

No bugs that I have stumbled across

Very easy to use for anyone, regardless of experience with apps of this type

Cons

Sometimes very laggy to use and slow, but could be a problem on my end.

On rare occasions, the servers are down. I have only experienced this once in my time using it, but it was frustrating that one time.

Response from TeamSnap

Thanks for the feedback. We have a few things we are working on to make the mobile apps even faster. We recognize that cellular networks out on the field can be hit or miss and we have some things coming to help.

Nicole M.

Easy team management and communication tool

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Team Snap has helped with keeping things organized with my four teams that I coach. It makes it extremely easy to keep in touch with parents and players on everything having to do with the team.

Pros

It allows for very quick and easy communication with everyone on my team. The site is very easy to navigate and has allows for a multitude of communication methods. I can keep all of the information for my team in one location whether it be team stats, schedules, scores, photos, or documents. I can send mass communications or individual communications out to members of the team. I like that I can add and subtract players easily from my roster. I also like that teamsnap sends reminders out about upcoming events so I don't have to remember to do so.

Cons

I have not found anything that really sticks out that I dislike about the software except that it takes a while for us to process a refund when we try and send it back through team snap.

League Administrator

Reviewed on 2018/10/17

This software has become a 'no brainer' for operations of our association. Managers are give access to their team accounts and the rest is history.

Pros

With the new features we have been able to use this software for our entire association. I use it to enter team development times and can ensure all parents have been notified with the features provided. I can monitor the teams and their activities. It has made the rostering of teams so easy and provide info to Hockey Canada all in one software.

Cons

There are additional fees associated with using the Invoicing feature.

Kit B.

This is a great app! Tell your coach you gotta have it :)

Reviewed on 2018/09/18

Pros

Very easy to use and lots of features that are helpful. I am a parent of a teen-aged athlete and have a hard time keeping up with her practice, game, and travel schedule. With TeamSnap all that can be put in one central place that's easy to use. There are other features too, like contact info of other parents, who's assigned to bring what at tournament, etc. Anyone can send messages or alerts to coaches, parents, players and it keeps a nice tidy record of it all if you have to go back to review a message.

I cannot think of a single bug in the software after 3+ years of using TeamSnap. Also, they have great customer service who helped me when I was having a problem subscribing to TeamSnap calendar from Apple calendar.

Cons

Honestly, I can't really think of anything negative or a feature that I wish it had. Well done and complete!

Martin W.

Probably the best team sports management software....

Reviewed on 2017/07/25

Pros

Easy to use, does what most clubs need and saves significant time for both coaches and parents. My club have 40+ football (soccer) teams, which overs over 500+ players and teamsnap manages everything from registration, team and club communications, games and training and availability... and more. Great customer support also :)

Cons

No real cons... having the cloud version and app version make it easy to use and new features are continually rolling out... over the last two years of using this it has got better and better

Tori H.

Lots of notifications

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

Overall, the app helps keep the team organized and keeps a record of things that have occurred which can be helpful as well. Just too many notifications on my phone which left me annoyed at times with the app and the frequency of it buzzing.

Pros

There are various functions that make communication easy within our team. Documents can be shared and saved for later within the app. Contact details for members of the team are within the app, which aides in communication as well.

Cons

I found that I would receive many notifications about one single event/message/email. I tried to limit notifications but that did not seem to matter as I still wound up with frequent notifications. They would come in the form of text messages too which I found frustrating!

Response from TeamSnap

Sorry about the multiple notifications. If you drop us a line at https://helpme.teamsnap.com/ we should be able to tune the notifications for you.

6.0/10
Todd M.

TeamSnap automates managing my soccer team

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/11/07

Before I used TeamSnap, I had to remember to send email reminders to the team before each game and practice. I had to manage multiple email addresses from some players (parents, grandparents, etc.). I had to check our snack lineup each week and remind the parent who was supposed to bring the halftime and postgame snacks. Now, I can do all that through TeamSnap, and it automates a lot of those functions. All my parents downloaded the mobile app. I no longer have to worry if a player's demail address dropped off the email chain.

Pros

There are a lot of things I love about this software. I have been coaching youth soccer for almost 10 years. The best feature is the player availability feature. It lets me know who is going to be at each game, and it is easier for the parents to use instead of sending me an email. I also love the automated email reminders so I no longer have to send emails before each game and practice.

Cons

My soccer team only plays about six months of the year (fall and spring) but I have to pay a yearly fee. It would be nice if I could only have to pay for the months I use it.

Roger N.

Most popular, User friendly team management software.

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

TeamSnap made it easy to manage a team roster, inform the team of the game schedule, check attendance and communicate with the team.

Pros

TeamSnap is easy to set up and use. It makes it easy to communicate with parents on your team via email or text. You can schedule games, check attendance, track payments, post team photos, and email the entire roster from your email account.

Cons

Cost. Free version is very 'stripped'. Paid version is excellent, but you have to pay per team, and there is no discount for subsequent years, multiple years or additional teams. Cannot roster on and off players for different seasons/tournaments.

Laura C.

TeamSnap is the ONLY software to use for team managment

Reviewed on 2018/08/22
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I have tried other options (been forced to by orgs that don't use snap) and no one comes close. They save you tons of time with the repeat feature and they always respond immediately to inquiries.

Pros

Great interface- they really get what people need to manage teams. Quick response from customer support.

Cons

Price has been steadily rising which is not a big deal as the team splits it. They do allow you to keep your original amount if you have had a team for years.

Organize any team with TeamSnap!

Reviewed on 2019/04/26

In my opinion, every team should use this application, it`s awesome!

Pros

I love how easy it is to keep track of both of my son`s upcoming games, practices and scores.
I can update their status to either attending or declining their attendance with a quick click.
It allows coaches and parents to stay connected on one easy to use platform.

Cons

The corny tag lines they use when uploading new content.

Jim D.

Lines of communication

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/02/22

I loved the fact that you can share the schedule and update/changes to the schedule are real-time and you can choose who to send notifications to.
I like the fact that you can send notifications using text or email.

Pros

Executive summary:
-Easy of use: 4 stars
-User interface: 3.5 starts(learning curve)
-Payment: 5 stars easy to upgrade/downgrade on the fly
-Inviting others: 5 stars. Ability to invite and join your group/club: easy(it shows who is online/offline)
-Support: 5 stars
-Functionality: 5 stars
-Web page integration: 5 stars
-Security: 5 stars

Cons

-I wanted to only notifications at specific intervals, example every other week. I was not able to do that in the version I was using. It's either at specific days ahead of the due date or none at all.
I would like to be able to send bi-weekly or once a month.

Kirk M.

Great Team Management Software

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

I have used TeamSnap to manage youth sports teams for years. Very easy to use and very convenient to use to contact parents with updates.

Cons

Some of the features that would be helpful to the team are included only in paid version (not that this offends me at all) but don't want to charge parents additional fees for them so we just go with the free version and make due.

Diana H.

Incredible!

Reviewed on 2018/03/09
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Clear, concise and easy to use. Great phone functionality. Easy roster management and attendance tracking tool. Easy email messaging and TeamSnap Live chat tool. You can opt-in or opt out of practice reminders. TeamSnap is the best tool I've found in the sports team management space. I've used other software, and TeamSnap does everything seamlessly.

Michelle W.

We use this to manage our traveling soccer team.

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

The cost of this product is great for the amount of information you can quickly manage your team.

Pros

This software is extremely user friendly, helps manage and coordinate with my players and parents all in one app.

Cons

This software gives you the opportunity to manage multiple teams but the ability to see all teams at one time is an additional cost to the base.

Megan M.

Winner

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Pros

Great product for teams and families; Love the ability to export dates into iphone calendar; Ability to communicate through texts, emails, or alerts to groups or individuals.

Cons

Would like to be able to share a location or event through text outside of software; Would like to see an overall calendar view.

Andrew E.

Great APP for all sports teams

Reviewed on 2018/08/23

This free APP is perfect for all team sports. It gives up to date information on practices and games . It also lets you communicate with the coach for games and practice status.

Pros

The ease of use. Its super easy to download.

Cons

When I downloaded the app, it brought me to our former soccer team, not our current one.

TeamSnap Love

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Using for team sports use and love for our youth volleyball league.

Pros

Easy to set up Group Chats & Team Notifications. Also has a feature for adding other team family members allowing for text or email notifications.

Cons

Would like to see a feature letting you know if members are not receiving messages (bad number or invalid emails).

Response from TeamSnap

Thanks for the review! We do let you know in most cases if the email is bad or there is some other email error.

Great for organizing a team (which is never easy)

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

Good team organization, keeps players accountable.

Pros

My hockey team uses TeamSnap to track availability each week. It's better than the alternative which was to send an email to 15 guys and watch as everyone hit's reply all. There are additional features such as assignments (ex. who brings the beer) but we don't really use that.

Cons

I don't know if this is the app or my team manager but we tend to get a lot of emails asking me to confirm my availability. Once I select "Yes I'll be there" I don't want to get more emails about it. But this could be my manager selecting some option for that.

Paul B.

Great Communication Product

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

Pros

Our local mountain biking team uses this to communicate with parents. I has been so great to know exactly what it going on and when.

Cons

Sometimes I feel like I get to many reminders...

Scotty S.

TeamSnap for Sports Team Management

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/03/08
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Players/Parents can share pictures and messages back and forth freely, they just cannot edit Event information.

Pros

TeamSnap is a lifesaver if you coach or manage multiple teams. It allows you to post schedules with times and location (locations link to Google maps - so no-one can go to the wrong field). You can check player status to see who is going to, not going to, or undecided for games, events, and practices. It is an easy way to keep the team updated. Seperate tab for seperate teams helps to keep the times and data straight.

Cons

Cost. TeamSnap is the same cost for each team you manage/coach. Since I coach multiple times I buy a license for each team. It would be good to get a multi team discount.

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PROGRAM!

Reviewed on 2019/04/11

Pros

I am not sure which I enjoy more... the chat option or the ability to access the roster and calendar from anywhere.

The chat feature is like no other that I've used. I currently use this for our travel hockey team and love the ease of use.

Cons

Nothing at all! I have never had a negative thing to say about TeamSnap.

Chris S.

A good way to post schedules and keep everybody informed

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Pros

For our travel ball team, we wanted a way for everybody to be able to easily see what is going on, where it is happening, and when exactly said events were taking place. We found it pretty straightforward being able to upload schedules, enter them manually, or perform other day to day operations. It also looks a lot better than me just writing it and posting a picture, and parents see it as a professional tool and definitely feel they are getting their money's worth.

Cons

It could be a little more user friendly in certain areas. When having to add some events manually, it would take me a very, very long time to get all of my information in.

Response from TeamSnap

Appreciate the feedback. We would love to hear more on how we could make the scheduling area easier. If you haven't already, please drop our support team a line with your specifics at https://helpme.teamsnap.com/

Irmita T.

Team Snap

Reviewed on 2019/02/14

Overall I like Team Snap. The entire team in one place, easy to coordinate practices, games, snack schedules as well as notify one another of any updates.

Pros

I like that I can send my schedule to my calendar. Can send emails, messages to multiple people within the group.

Cons

There isn't an option to refresh, I have to exit the app and restart it.

Vince B.

Coordinating events, games, practices with several people on a team is a snap!

Reviewed on 2017/11/22

Pros

The ability to send out mass communication to several different team members is huge. The ability to track scores for games and stats is a bonus as well.