TeamSnap

4,4
4,2
Kit B.
Industry: Sports

This is a great app! Tell your coach you gotta have it :)

Reviewed on 2018/09/18

Pros

Very easy to use and lots of features that are helpful. I am a parent of a teen-aged athlete and have a hard time keeping up with her practice, game, and travel schedule. With TeamSnap all that can be put in one central place that's easy to use. There are other features too, like contact info of other parents, who's assigned to bring what at tournament, etc. Anyone can send messages or alerts to coaches, parents, players and it keeps a nice tidy record of it all if you have to go back to review a message.

I cannot think of a single bug in the software after 3+ years of using TeamSnap. Also, they have great customer service who helped me when I was having a problem subscribing to TeamSnap calendar from Apple calendar.

Cons

Honestly, I can't really think of anything negative or a feature that I wish it had. Well done and complete!

Emmett F.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great app for sports management and athletic families.

Reviewed on 2019/06/28

Makes life as an athletic family much easier and more organized.

Pros

Made it super easy to check when I have a hockey practice or game and also made this easier for my entire family

No bugs that I have stumbled across

Very easy to use for anyone, regardless of experience with apps of this type

Cons

Sometimes very laggy to use and slow, but could be a problem on my end.

On rare occasions, the servers are down. I have only experienced this once in my time using it, but it was frustrating that one time.

Response from TeamSnap

Thanks for the feedback. We have a few things we are working on to make the mobile apps even faster. We recognize that cellular networks out on the field can be hit or miss and we have some things coming to help.

Darrin B.
Industry: Sports

Stay in touch with your team

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/09/08

Love the shared game day pictures comments and conversations, but it can get a little annoying on my Apple watch as notifications can ding endlessly if the whole team gets chatting about a topic

Pros

If you have children playing in any type of sports league, you need to recommend this software to the team administrator to keep all the parents in the loop. There was nothing more frustrating as a team manager trying to email all the parents game, practices dates and times Etc and still have parents complaining about missing team info. This platform takes care of that issue and keeps all team info and updates in one easy to find place.

Cons

I like to delete old info and found team snap to store info not needed for longer then needed and there is a price tag to use, its not free.

(tj) tom H.

Very Complicated

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Pros

This software seems to have most/all of the bells and whistles, but it's very complicated to use. If you're running a big organization or league, then it probably makes sense, but if you're just a team it's definitely overkill. We use about 10% of the features.

Cons

Customer support is mediocre. The help files seem to frequently be related to a previous version of the product or for some other reason I'm frequently unable to make it do what the help files say it should.

Really the software is just WAY to complicated to use, I think given all the features if they did some usability design, they could make a really wonderful product, but the current interface is very confusing and unless you use it all day every day, you'll find every time you use it to be frustrating.

Also, its very expensive. I looked at, but didn't trial, other products, but ended up staying with TeamSnap which was what my predecessor had selected because of inertia. I wanted to change, but didn't feel like doing the work of convincing the coaches and board members to switch and then doing the work of switching and educating the players and coaches who already had TeamSnap.

Response from TeamSnap

Sorry you found the product confusing. We pride ourselves on ease of use. We would love to hear any places that you found confusing so we can work on them.

Ken
General Manager

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Dave C.
Industry: Sports

Keeps making a positive difference to our youth sports program.

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

Allows our small volunteer lead youth softball organization to operate way above our capabilities from an information technology perspective. It has made our ability to manage registrations and the associated $$ Much more smooth than I ever anticipated. Even in the challenging spring of 2020 when we had to cancel our program because of the Covid pandemic, our ability to offer and process refunds was so simple!

Pros

It was difficult the first year when we abandoned our in person registration for this online solution. We always looked forward to seeing all the families and softball players in January after many months away and we worried about losing that personal touch. We never should’ve worried as our families and our coaches have all benefited from our transition to team snap.

From managing all of our registrations, whether for tryouts, clinics, our regular Rec season or Our summer travel seasons, TeamSnap makes it all easy. Families can keep using their daughters profiles for multiple registrations. We can re-purpose prior registration forms each year with only minor changes. We can easily extract the raw data for more detailed analysis in XLS and to provide coaches with advance looks in preparation for team drafts. Draft night is simple with a click all that is needed to add a player to a team. At the end of the draft meeting, all coaches have all the information needed to welcome players to their team.

For our coaches, their season is made simple. As schedules are completed, they loaded into their select teams you say Ivette schedule and they can track players availability for every game weeks, assign snack duty, and keep track of all the scores. They can send emails to/from all of the players and keep parents up-to-date on all activities

For our entire program, it is easy to send emails to all the coaches or all the families And keep everyone informed.

Cons

It would be nice if after the draft meeting, that players/families couldn’t see everything until their coach has completed all of the phone calls. Kind of a hold/release button that A coach could push when he is finished. Sometimes players know who else is on their team and start complaining before coaches even started making phone calls.

Brian H.

Software Works Customer Service Does NOT

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

The software does what it's supposed to do. However, if I would have read this review before investing money, and time in TeamSnap, I would consider other options. Because of that money and time I feel committed, STUCK! I don't have time to learn a new system, nor right now do I care to. I own my business. If I had their customer support I wouldn't have a business. They get away with it because I doubt very seriously if anyone uses their software full time, including their customer support. Most people using TeamSnap must have the time to read article after article or look at screenshots, oh by the way look absolutely nothing like my screen, or watch a video that's so out of date it makes you even more confused. In a day and age when you can get answers to questions almost instantly, it is infuriating to have to wait 7 to 10 hours to find out what box to check on a form you are creating so that it will function the way you want it to.

Pros

I like the idea of having a software that will integrate into our business that allows us to spend less time on administrative work and more focusing on building our brand

Cons

It's not the software, its the support! There is a learning curve implementing and setting up the software. AND if you find yourself needing support GOOD LUCK! There is NO phone number, but TeamSnap touts that as they are "providing a greater experience of the product " with personal tutorials and screen shots. BS! "LIVE" support is only available from 9am-1pm MT. (I wish I could work a 4hr Day! Someone has been reading too much Timothy Ferriss!) I use the word live sarcastically, Oh there is a button that says Live Chat, but the majority of the time when you need help and think your going to live chat with someone you get a message saying someone will get back to you within a few hours.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Nicole M.
Industry: Government Relations
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Easy team management and communication tool

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Team Snap has helped with keeping things organized with my four teams that I coach. It makes it extremely easy to keep in touch with parents and players on everything having to do with the team.

Pros

It allows for very quick and easy communication with everyone on my team. The site is very easy to navigate and has allows for a multitude of communication methods. I can keep all of the information for my team in one location whether it be team stats, schedules, scores, photos, or documents. I can send mass communications or individual communications out to members of the team. I like that I can add and subtract players easily from my roster. I also like that teamsnap sends reminders out about upcoming events so I don't have to remember to do so.

Cons

I have not found anything that really sticks out that I dislike about the software except that it takes a while for us to process a refund when we try and send it back through team snap.

Ramin S.

TeamSnap Review

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

Overall, the mobile and desktop functionality is what sold me on this tool and why I renew with them every year!

Pros

The fact that I get an awesome experience on both web and mobile! My players can use this on their phones just as easy as they can while they are at work to update game statuses, etc.

Cons

The email template for this template is not as friendly as I would like. Formatting is a bit raw and you cannot make emails look as presentable as I'd like.

Janis P.
Industry: Sports

Best software for managing team sports

Reviewed on 2020/03/10

The ease of use and how universal the program is made it a clear choice for our communication needs.

Pros

I love how easy TeamSnap is to update games, tournaments and events for all of the families involved. Being able to intergrade the schedule to my phones calendar was a huge help.

Cons

There was nothing about the software that I didn't like. It was easy to use and update as needed. GREAT tool for any team sports group.

Scotty S.
Industry: Mining & Metals

Teamsnap

Reviewed on 2020/06/09
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall an okay product, but not the best on the market Playmetrics is better.

Pros

Easy to use for basic functions of scheduling Games and practices so the entire team can share a schedule.

Cons

Maps are frequently wrong and have taken people to wrong parks. Site can crash and it is difficult to know when people do not have the information they need. Cost is high for people who manage teams that are low budget, close to $100 per year.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Glenn G.

Good team management tool but needs improvement

Reviewed on 2018/04/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I used Teamsnap to manage a Men's adult softball team for over 7 years

-Players or manager can track player "availability" easily through the app. The player can mark which games they may miss due to vacation, etc. This is useful for tracking how many subs I may need for a given week.
-The ability to track statistics
-Easy to use mobile app
-The ability to send/track messages to team

Cons

There are a few things they can work on:

-Stats were great, but were not available on the mobile platform. This was an issue because the majority of the team only used the mobile
-I wanted to lock down 'availability' an hour leading up to the game, otherwise someone could mark themselves out the last minute without me knowing, but this feature was not offered.
-The top stats feature is cool - it allowed you to show the season leaders for stats. But they did not allow you to set a threshold for minimum games - i.e. a qualified player. So a player who went 2-2 in a single game and didn't play another game all season would lead the team in batting average.
-One time I sent out a note to the team to have them mark their availability for the game that week and Teamsnap decided at the same time to do unannounced maintenance on the site, so no one could login
-I was on an annual billing plan, but stopped managing the team half way into the year. There was no refund even though I stopped using the site for 6 months.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

League Administrator

Reviewed on 2018/10/17

This software has become a 'no brainer' for operations of our association. Managers are give access to their team accounts and the rest is history.

Pros

With the new features we have been able to use this software for our entire association. I use it to enter team development times and can ensure all parents have been notified with the features provided. I can monitor the teams and their activities. It has made the rostering of teams so easy and provide info to Hockey Canada all in one software.

Cons

There are additional fees associated with using the Invoicing feature.

Martin W.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Probably the best team sports management software....

Reviewed on 2017/07/25

Pros

Easy to use, does what most clubs need and saves significant time for both coaches and parents. My club have 40+ football (soccer) teams, which overs over 500+ players and teamsnap manages everything from registration, team and club communications, games and training and availability... and more. Great customer support also :)

Cons

No real cons... having the cloud version and app version make it easy to use and new features are continually rolling out... over the last two years of using this it has got better and better

Tori H.

Lots of notifications

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

Overall, the app helps keep the team organized and keeps a record of things that have occurred which can be helpful as well. Just too many notifications on my phone which left me annoyed at times with the app and the frequency of it buzzing.

Pros

There are various functions that make communication easy within our team. Documents can be shared and saved for later within the app. Contact details for members of the team are within the app, which aides in communication as well.

Cons

I found that I would receive many notifications about one single event/message/email. I tried to limit notifications but that did not seem to matter as I still wound up with frequent notifications. They would come in the form of text messages too which I found frustrating!

Response from TeamSnap

Sorry about the multiple notifications. If you drop us a line at https://helpme.teamsnap.com/ we should be able to tune the notifications for you.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Todd M.
Industry: Government Administration
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

TeamSnap automates managing my soccer team

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/11/07

Before I used TeamSnap, I had to remember to send email reminders to the team before each game and practice. I had to manage multiple email addresses from some players (parents, grandparents, etc.). I had to check our snack lineup each week and remind the parent who was supposed to bring the halftime and postgame snacks. Now, I can do all that through TeamSnap, and it automates a lot of those functions. All my parents downloaded the mobile app. I no longer have to worry if a player's demail address dropped off the email chain.

Pros

There are a lot of things I love about this software. I have been coaching youth soccer for almost 10 years. The best feature is the player availability feature. It lets me know who is going to be at each game, and it is easier for the parents to use instead of sending me an email. I also love the automated email reminders so I no longer have to send emails before each game and practice.

Cons

My soccer team only plays about six months of the year (fall and spring) but I have to pay a yearly fee. It would be nice if I could only have to pay for the months I use it.

Ryan Z.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Teamsnap is the current leader in team management for sports and events

Reviewed on 2019/11/11

I've used it for a long time and it's fairly simple and universal for parents and coaches. I'll continue to use it, but would be nice to have a few more options included without additional charges

Pros

We all need a central place to keep track of all our kids' sporting events. The adding of schedules and multiple teams is very helpful and convenient.

Cons

You need to pay for a lot of the upgrades, including "availability" where the user can mark if they can or cannot attend a practice, game, etc.

Roger N.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Most popular, User friendly team management software.

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

TeamSnap made it easy to manage a team roster, inform the team of the game schedule, check attendance and communicate with the team.

Pros

TeamSnap is easy to set up and use. It makes it easy to communicate with parents on your team via email or text. You can schedule games, check attendance, track payments, post team photos, and email the entire roster from your email account.

Cons

Cost. Free version is very 'stripped'. Paid version is excellent, but you have to pay per team, and there is no discount for subsequent years, multiple years or additional teams. Cannot roster on and off players for different seasons/tournaments.

Laura C.

TeamSnap is the ONLY software to use for team managment

Reviewed on 2018/08/22
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I have tried other options (been forced to by orgs that don't use snap) and no one comes close. They save you tons of time with the repeat feature and they always respond immediately to inquiries.

Pros

Great interface- they really get what people need to manage teams. Quick response from customer support.

Cons

Price has been steadily rising which is not a big deal as the team splits it. They do allow you to keep your original amount if you have had a team for years.

Industry: Entertainment

Organize any team with TeamSnap!

Reviewed on 2019/04/26

In my opinion, every team should use this application, it`s awesome!

Pros

I love how easy it is to keep track of both of my son`s upcoming games, practices and scores.
I can update their status to either attending or declining their attendance with a quick click.
It allows coaches and parents to stay connected on one easy to use platform.

Cons

The corny tag lines they use when uploading new content.

Jim D.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: Self Employed

Lines of communication

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/02/22

I loved the fact that you can share the schedule and update/changes to the schedule are real-time and you can choose who to send notifications to.
I like the fact that you can send notifications using text or email.

Pros

Executive summary:
-Easy of use: 4 stars
-User interface: 3.5 starts(learning curve)
-Payment: 5 stars easy to upgrade/downgrade on the fly
-Inviting others: 5 stars. Ability to invite and join your group/club: easy(it shows who is online/offline)
-Support: 5 stars
-Functionality: 5 stars
-Web page integration: 5 stars
-Security: 5 stars

Cons

-I wanted to only notifications at specific intervals, example every other week. I was not able to do that in the version I was using. It's either at specific days ahead of the due date or none at all.
I would like to be able to send bi-weekly or once a month.

Diana H.

Incredible!

Reviewed on 2018/03/09
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Clear, concise and easy to use. Great phone functionality. Easy roster management and attendance tracking tool. Easy email messaging and TeamSnap Live chat tool. You can opt-in or opt out of practice reminders. TeamSnap is the best tool I've found in the sports team management space. I've used other software, and TeamSnap does everything seamlessly.

Kirk M.
Industry: Legal Services

Great Team Management Software

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

I have used TeamSnap to manage youth sports teams for years. Very easy to use and very convenient to use to contact parents with updates.

Cons

Some of the features that would be helpful to the team are included only in paid version (not that this offends me at all) but don't want to charge parents additional fees for them so we just go with the free version and make due.

Michelle W.

We use this to manage our traveling soccer team.

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

The cost of this product is great for the amount of information you can quickly manage your team.

Pros

This software is extremely user friendly, helps manage and coordinate with my players and parents all in one app.

Cons

This software gives you the opportunity to manage multiple teams but the ability to see all teams at one time is an additional cost to the base.

Jennifer J.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Great to keep updated!

Reviewed on 2019/10/17

We have been using it for two years since my kid started soccer and it's just really great overall.

Pros

We have a soccer complex that tends to flood.... this app is able to alert every player and parent to last-minute changes in scheduling or locations. You can also follow allow with the live game if you're unable to attend.

Cons

Nothing. This seems to work great for our team. And now I'm just going to say try it out because I have to fit the word minimum and I have no cons about this app! :)

Jessica H.
Industry: Real Estate

TeamSnap for T-ball

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

This software was perfect for keeping the T-ball team up to date on the games and practice schedule.

Pros

I used this software for my son's T-ball team. It was great to keep in touch with the team parents and update on games.

Cons

This was a great software to keep organized during the T-Ball season. The only negative part of this software it the notifications were not easy to keep track of new messages. It does notify you but the notification goes away and you have to go into the app to view.