TeamSnap

4,2
4,3
4,1
Glenn G.

Good team management tool but needs improvement

Reviewed on 2018/04/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I used Teamsnap to manage a Men's adult softball team for over 7 years

-Players or manager can track player "availability" easily through the app. The player can mark which games they may miss due to vacation, etc. This is useful for tracking how many subs I may need for a given week.
-The ability to track statistics
-Easy to use mobile app
-The ability to send/track messages to team

Cons

There are a few things they can work on:

-Stats were great, but were not available on the mobile platform. This was an issue because the majority of the team only used the mobile
-I wanted to lock down 'availability' an hour leading up to the game, otherwise someone could mark themselves out the last minute without me knowing, but this feature was not offered.
-The top stats feature is cool - it allowed you to show the season leaders for stats. But they did not allow you to set a threshold for minimum games - i.e. a qualified player. So a player who went 2-2 in a single game and didn't play another game all season would lead the team in batting average.
-One time I sent out a note to the team to have them mark their availability for the game that week and Teamsnap decided at the same time to do unannounced maintenance on the site, so no one could login
-I was on an annual billing plan, but stopped managing the team half way into the year. There was no refund even though I stopped using the site for 6 months.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Tori H.

Lots of notifications

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

Overall, the app helps keep the team organized and keeps a record of things that have occurred which can be helpful as well. Just too many notifications on my phone which left me annoyed at times with the app and the frequency of it buzzing.

Pros

There are various functions that make communication easy within our team. Documents can be shared and saved for later within the app. Contact details for members of the team are within the app, which aides in communication as well.

Cons

I found that I would receive many notifications about one single event/message/email. I tried to limit notifications but that did not seem to matter as I still wound up with frequent notifications. They would come in the form of text messages too which I found frustrating!

Response from TeamSnap

Sorry about the multiple notifications. If you drop us a line at https://helpme.teamsnap.com/ we should be able to tune the notifications for you.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Ryan Z.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Teamsnap is the current leader in team management for sports and events

Reviewed on 2019/11/11

I've used it for a long time and it's fairly simple and universal for parents and coaches. I'll continue to use it, but would be nice to have a few more options included without additional charges

Pros

We all need a central place to keep track of all our kids' sporting events. The adding of schedules and multiple teams is very helpful and convenient.

Cons

You need to pay for a lot of the upgrades, including "availability" where the user can mark if they can or cannot attend a practice, game, etc.

Megan M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Winner

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Pros

Great product for teams and families; Love the ability to export dates into iphone calendar; Ability to communicate through texts, emails, or alerts to groups or individuals.

Cons

Would like to be able to share a location or event through text outside of software; Would like to see an overall calendar view.

Andrew E.
Industry: Financial Services

Great APP for all sports teams

Reviewed on 2018/08/23

This free APP is perfect for all team sports. It gives up to date information on practices and games . It also lets you communicate with the coach for games and practice status.

Pros

The ease of use. Its super easy to download.

Cons

When I downloaded the app, it brought me to our former soccer team, not our current one.

TeamSnap Love

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Using for team sports use and love for our youth volleyball league.

Pros

Easy to set up Group Chats & Team Notifications. Also has a feature for adding other team family members allowing for text or email notifications.

Cons

Would like to see a feature letting you know if members are not receiving messages (bad number or invalid emails).

Response from TeamSnap

Thanks for the review! We do let you know in most cases if the email is bad or there is some other email error.

Christine S.

Team Snap makes managing all my children's activities so much more manageable.

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Pros

I love that the schedule connects to my icalander. Changes update automatically. No more digging through dozens of emails. Everything is in one place!

Cons

I can't think of anything. I love TeamSnap! Everything works smoothly with my iPhone but Other phones seems to have troubles with photo features

Anthony L.
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Best Sports App

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

Pros

Scheduling for the league is super easy. Can message the entire league with a click of the button. Can send Alerts right to participants phones for any last minute changes.

Cons

Sometimes need to force quit the app to refresh the schedule.

Jenna G.
Industry: Oil & Energy

Small Team Management

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Allows you to keep track of attendance and availability. For small teams this would work well and is an easy solution. There are other apps out there I would consider before TeamSnap.

Pros

Great from small teams and if you have multiple spots on the go. Scheduling practices and games is easy. Nice to have everyone's availability.

Cons

Lots of notifications. If you turn them off you could miss something. I couldn't find a way to turn off individual components.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Sports

Great tool to keep team organized

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

Pros

Easy to sync to native calendar on my phone. Great for knowing where games are and what uniforms we are to wear.

Cons

Wish I could more easily share the calendar with my kids. The ads can be annoying and seem like a money grab.

Response from TeamSnap

One thing you might consider is adding your kids (assuming they are old enough to use the system) to TeamSnap. There is a button in the app to add family members. Drop us a line if you need help with that.

Rachel S.
Industry: Insurance

Great for Team Sports

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/09/10

My experience was good. I would recommend TeamSnap to other coaches, group leaders or families who need an easy way to have transparent communication.

Pros

As a coach I liked being able to communicate to the parents and players all at once. It made it easy to communicate tournament information, practice or schedule changes and organize help with food or other misc. items.

Cons

I never had any issues with this software. It only made my life easier coordinating communication with multiple families.

Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness
Company size: Self Employed

Love this app!! If youre an athletic coach, get this!!

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

Pros

I really love how easy it is to press the map button to take you where you need to go for the teams game. The announcements or notifications on when the game starts or who won is also a nice feature.

Cons

I do wish I could have several teams listed but only select one as the main source or active use. For example, in order to see a particular team I must have there's open and to avoid over notifications, I have to close the other teams. I wish it could all be there but have like a number of notifications to review when available vs receiving several messages or notifications on the phone.

Juan A.

Its a new method the help people like me, the couches are very good and always happy

Reviewed on 2018/04/29

Pros

Form people to be focus on the exercises and its something new because is online, nice way to do exercises too

Cons

Sometimes the couches don't try to do his best and thats why people don't know about this product, have to be better

Cheri G.
Industry: Real Estate

Great for connecting teams and organizing life!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Pros

This tool has been so helpful to organize our life with all of our kids teams practices and games. Connects with our calendar! Its so helpful! Also- as a coach you can track players that are attending.

Cons

Great tool! Not cons!! As long as you get all the correct information in- its great! But also easy to update and change info if you need.

Mary kathleen S.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

I like the app!

Reviewed on 2018/12/16

Pros

I like the consolidation of information for my son's team very much

Cons

It would be nice if there could be a way to have immediate updates for my team while they are out of town so I could know scores, etc.

George Y.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great team management software

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

Good, easy to get around for users.

Pros

Easy to use, managing th scheduling of the he team was straight forward.

Cons

It is a bit pricy compare to other similar softwares.

Kellie Y.

Excellent

Reviewed on 2019/02/21

Excellent

Pros

Reminders sent well in advance of event. Allows for team leaders to assess attendance.

Cons

Messaging within the app is a bit confusing

Jennifer V.

Great for coaches

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

I use this to manage 2 soccer teams and it's been really great. It makes keeping track of what's going on super simple.

Pros

That I can map out a whole season and quickly evaluate who will be there, and who won't.
I also like being able to message the team in the app bc I know the whole team has access and all see it.

Cons

I haven't really found anything I've wanted to do with it and couldn't . So far, so good. But my needs are pretty simple.

Raymond T.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE / OVER CHARGES

Reviewed on 2019/06/19
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

This is a great too for team management but the offer 0 customer support and say on their website they offer no refunds. This is fraudulent business practices

Pros

Great for team management. Great way to keep track of player availability

Cons

Team Snap over charged me. I selected the monthly plan and the charged me for the full year. There is no phone #'s or email contact to discuss this with anyone.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Hannah D.

Needs a Lot of Work

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/02/12

The concept here is great and is one that many players and parents appreciate, but it needs a lot of work to become usable!

Pros

I have used this app in the past. The concept is very good - getting all teammates together to send and share info and see who is coming to games/practices.

Cons

This app is so glitchy you can barely use it. Sometimes, nothing would even load. It just feels like another app that is trying to get you to subscribe to its subpar services.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Chad P.
Industry: Research

Great for Sport Teams

Reviewed on 2019/04/13

Pros

We love the ability to keep everyone up to date with events and notes.

Cons

We just wish the availability feature was on the free version.

Jennie W.
Industry: Automotive

Poor support

Reviewed on 2020/10/19

Disappointment

Pros

The game schedule and results are accessible.

Cons

Poor Support. They leave you stranded when you need help. Even if its a quick question, there is no one to speak with.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Horrible

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/02/24

It is the worst app I have ever used and I use hundreds of them

Pros

There is nothing to like, it is hard to use and lacks user friendly inputs.

Cons

Very slow, causes errors on its own, difficult to pay, charges extra fees for payment, view account is not possible. Give them money and no way to see if they show you paid. Every thing we do costs more and more. Not user friendly.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Ellen C.
Industry: Management Consulting
Company size: Self Employed

TeamSnap too complicated for me

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/11/17

We were trying to solve communications problems amongst a team of 20 swimmers, but about a third of the people couldn't figure out how to use it (including me) and so we went back to old fashioned ways like conference calls, a facebook page, messenger and email. Teamsnap needs to be more user friendly.

Pros

I liked that our competitive swim team had a platform designated just for us, but that's about it. It looks nicely organized.

Cons

It appeared that only the administrator could do certain things, so we all got confused trying to navigate or provide input/information that she requested. Then had to go to her to sort it out. This was too time consuming.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Andy S.

Recently started to use Team Snap for the 1st time and I would recommend to other potential users.

Reviewed on 2017/10/26

saved time and allowed players, parents and other family members to receive the same information.

Pros

Ability to select practice and game schedule (together or separate) has the greatest benefit to me and my parents.