Toggl Plan

Helping teams plan their time and juggle lots of projects.

Stuart K.
  • Industry: Animation

Cheap and easy, love it

Reviewed on 2021/03/30

I have been using this service for over a year now and don't see me needing anything else in the future, so I guess that it works pretty well for me! In the few times I have needed customer service, they have been very helpful and quick to respond.

Pros

I work hourly for clients so having a time feature on tasks is beneficial for me so that I can make estimations on my tasks and help plan my day(s). It's really easy to set up and re-schedule tasks and I utilise that Kanban view.

Cons

I think having recurring tasks might be a useful feature to implement in future. It can be a pain to create several of the same task. The big issue for me, however, is the lack of synergy between Toggl Plan and Toggl Track. I wish that if you created a project on one, it would transfer over to the other and you can begin tracking time on that project. They kind of seem like two separate softwares from two different companies right now. It's not the end of the world, but having something that ties hand-in-hand would be perfect.

Clyde Q.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Needs work but is excellent.

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Positive. Good for generic task and planner planning (not for fullscale proj planning tho with dependencies etc, but thats not what I wanted). Needs better project integration (I don't understand it and trying to split up projects resulted in data loss, so just made all different projects parts of one big project.. Tasks (bizarrely called Icebox) is a bit of a chore. No one uses tasks by hours and minutes (has the dev ever done any PM?), so drop that in favour of making it really easy to set a number of days without having to chose dates. That said, tasks v useful, and drag and drop between folders etc excellent (provided you use with care).

Pros

SIMPLE TO USE! GREAT VIEW OPTIONS (3 months etc) -- Drag and Drop, easy edit of task positions and length, easy & flexi coloring, nice banding (called "segments"), easy note adding. Easily shared with colleagues (don't bother adding them as extra users tho [see Cons], just share the link).

Cons

No Data Export that I can find (which in itself is a concern -- help has broken links and seems chaotic), often does odd things and loses edits (minor so far, but this is why data export / import is vital). Poor Android version, but this prob a work in progress. Rollback also needed. The URL needs to be more consistent (at moment, it changes as you change project or view etc, leaving you wondering what your true URL is leaving one wondering where data will be next time. Tried to turn off daily report but still pesters me, so don't add your colleagues as separate email users or you might get some cross colleagues).

Lauren J.
  • Industry: Research

Moving Parts = Toggl Plan can help!

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

I would have to say the customer service is exceptional. As a non-profit, we are limited in the resources we can use and the Toggl Plan team has been super helpful in working with us to meet our needs. When I first started in my current position I was a bit lost on how to organize everything and keep my team on track. We have a lot of processes in place that are similar but I felt like we needed something a bit more simple. After a lot of research, I decided Toggl Plan (previously Teamweek) seemed like the best option. They strive to offer new features and it has been a great improvement for our teams productivity.

Pros

The software is super user-friendly and not confusing in the slightest which is always nice. As a small-ish team of around 5 it has been really helpful to look at our workspace and see everyone's priorities. Before moving to Toggl Plan I was constantly asking everyone what was on their plate for the day and then we talked about prioritization. With this software I am able to see what the research assistants have on their to-do lists without having to spend the extra time asking. The milestones are super helpful in recalling previous dates of launches and whatnot. I am a huge fan of Toggl Plan and so is the entire team. We also LOVE all of the colors :)

Cons

I wouldn't say there is anything I dislike about the software but after using it for almost two years now there are some functionalities feedback that would be helpful to have.

One thing that I know you are all working on developing is the reoccurring tasks....this would be incredibly helpful and save me the time of duplicating things over and over again.

I also think it would be helpful to have a different type of calendar view (similar to an actual calendar you put on a wall)

It would also be great if Toggl good work on developing more integration tools (with outlook for example)

I also think it would be helpful to have a different type of calendar view not just

Soledad M.
  • Industry: Design
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great Software! The nicest interface!

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

I arrived to Toggl plan by serendipity looking for pomodoro Toggl tracker Feature.
I love to try new tools and Toggle tracker is almost a must have productivity tool to me.
Very comfortable to make plans and divided them in logic tasks, with a really nice look and and feel.
A small and lovely usability detail: You don't have to press edit or save to make changes on cards, totally comfortable feature when you are in planning meetings

Pros

The interface of Toggl Plan is the most friendly and well designed of all kanban tools.
Lovely typo, colors and very exact descriptions on cards, made me have crush with the tool.
The

Cons

Sadly it has a weird integration with Toggl Tracker (even it works better with Trello).
You can't see directly your Toggl Tracker clients and related them with a plan.
Also when you go to your account, you can't back to the tool (had to click back button several times on the browser)
With this small fixes, would be best tool.

Walter A.
  • Industry: Furniture

A Simple, Easy and Effective Planning Tool

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

It's a tool that helped me organized my entire working space in 15 minutes, with an extraordinary simplicity and effectiveness. What else would I want?

Pros

The Simplicity above all.
It runs super smoothly.

Cons

Doesn't have an android app yet. At least in the Brazilian Play Store.

Thomas J.

A pretty great and unique looking app for tasks in a timeline

Reviewed on 2020/06/17

I personally use Toggl Plan only for managing myself (both for my job but also for my personal projects), and it is essentially a log tool more than a planning tool.
There aren't any specific reason to not use this app to its fullest, but the features suit my needs perfectly.
What I really appreciate with using Toggl Plan is that I can have a great overview of all the things I've done along the timeline - which is pretty motivating.

Pros

What I really appreciate with Toggl Plan is the way of displaying the tasks on a horizontal timeline. It sounds pretty simple, but haven't seen any other product proposing such ergonomy. And the UI/colors have always been pretty nice which make it really pleasant to use.

Cons

One issue I can think of with Toggl Plan (which is not that big) is the performances. On powerful enough computers it's smooth, but I often use it on a Windows tablet (Yoga Book v1) which is limited - however other web apps look smoother than Toggl Plan. Though, the timeline navigation is obvisouly heavy in DOM manipulation thus it's understandable.
And finally I would really like to have a "2 weeks" view : The "week" view is too large for having an overall view on the tasks, and the "month" view makes the tasks' titles too short to read.

Amy N.

Just enough of the basics

Reviewed on 2020/03/04

I always like the idea of a robust project management system, but they always get to be a job managing it that I tended to stop using them. This is the perfect mix of essential features with ease of use without the bells and whistles that become overwhelming in their nuance. Those are nice, I suppose if you have the time to spend ringing those bells and whistles. I do not. This is a very happy medium.

Pros

My favorite is the timeline. I love that I can manage tiles in typical board fashion and easily see how it lays on a timeline. In addition to that, milestones or holidays can be seen across timelines which is fantastic for keeping important dates visible across projects. And in addition to THAT, there is the Team timeline which is super helpful to see all of my stuff group together in one timeline and relative to the rest of my team.

Cons

Some times I have to refresh my screen for changes on the board to show up on the timeline, but that's not a deal breaker. Also, I wish I could set recurring tasks.

Gilbert W.

Toggl Plan - A silky smooth experience from truly useful software

Reviewed on 2020/07/27

I find Toggl Plan very pleasing to use overall. I also really appreciate nice little touches like right clicking to copy/paste task blocks, or a native dark mode which make using this app a piece of cake. It's obviously been designed by people who actually use it.

Pros

+Easy to use and get set up with and easy to add teammates to

+I liked that I could split up tasks by categories but then see everything in the birds-eye project view

+Functional and quick to use, with handy importing task features (ie from CSV) or via a chrome extension

+I absolutely LOVED the drag interface - feels way better than manually entering in start and finish dates, and I liked that I could simply drag the task block to other team members if needed

+Quite a generous trial version (and support was really friendly and helpful and didn't pressure me to buy the premium version which makes me much more inclined to buy)

Cons

-If I was going to be picky, I'd say some of the default colours for task blocks are a little too glarey (but it's easy to change them).
-It would be super nice if there were a few more native integrations, but I'm sure these will come with time

Laxmy N.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Extremely good product! Really glad that I came across it.

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

Pros

Ease of use, look and feel of the product and the functionalities available, makes this product value for money. The timeline view is super impressive and it really helps me get a real time view on what each one of my team is working on.

My review will be highly incomplete without mentioning the quick support I got from the Helpdesk team especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. They were prompt with their responses and went to the bottom of issues to help me resolve them.

Cons

I won't say that I have any least favorite features. I would rather mention that ones that would be a good to have.

Would like to see the Board view live which is being tested at the moment. It would be highly helpful to add reminder emails for set tasks and not all. Would be good to be able to add dependencies on items and also be able to assign more than one person for the same task.

Response from Toggl Plan

Thank you for the kind words and for sharing your experience!
I wanted to clarify one thing mentioned it is already possible to assign more than one person for the same task in Toggl Plan. You can do it in the task pop-up by simply adding as many names as needed to the same task. Hope this helps! :)

Anita C.

Simple, but effective

Reviewed on 2020/04/27

There are a ton of project managers out there and I think I've tried just about all of them. As I noted earlier, it's just me and the clients I serve so I don't need a lot. But I do need an easy way to keep track of what I'm working on without feeling overwhelmed. Toggl Plan helps me stay focused on the "main thing" to get it done and move on to the next.

Pros

As a solo professional, I wear a lot of hats. This software will help you keep track of all of your "hats". It's simple - which means you can get up to speed quickly - and you can see what you need to do each day at a glance.

Cons

I wish this software had the ability to set up recurring tasks - and that it connected with Toggl's timer & invoicing app - but other than that I really can't think of anything else I'd want.

Miguel M.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great visualization of roadmap and timelines for projects and/or teams

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

Great product. Easy to use. Good price for all features. It seems it is supported by a good dynamic team, and the product keeps improving.

Pros

Toggl Plan (formerly known as Teamweek) is a very easy tool to understand and use. It offers a simple, yet clean an powerful visualization of tasks, projects and teams. The Toggl team is constantly updating the web app and including new features, which is great. Also, the possibility of seeing the timeline in different views (project, vs people, vs segments) and with different zooms in time (week, month, 3 months, annual) is also very good.

Cons

In general me and my colleagues are very happy with Toggl plan and we do not see any major disadvantages. We would like that there are more integrations to calendars available. Also maybe a direct integration to Jira and Confluence from Attlasian.

Havah M.

Great Tool

Reviewed on 2018/06/28

Pros

I use this tool every day for tracking the billable hours of several clients. It could not be easier to track, assign, edit, and review time on a variety of clients and their projects, and even look up past data in an analytics view.

Cons

The analytics view can be tricky to use to copy past hours into an invoice as you have to mouse over each day to see the totals, therefore cannot copy/paste those numbers or even glance at them to manually type into another window. It's not a problem though if you record each week at the end as the tracking page is easy to review in detail.

Nazeli B.
  • Industry: Publishing

Toggl Saved Us!

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

A colleague left the team and we had to share her tasks between us for a few months, while all of us working from home. Toggl came to our rescue, and I don't think we could have managed without it. It would have been a disaster. I can't imagine work without Toggle anymore.

Pros

It saves so much time that we'd usually waste on writing, searching and archiving emails. It is great how each task has it's place, and all correspondence/files/participants are in this same place.

Cons

I'm trying really hard but I really can't think of anything that needs improvement, at least for our team's needs.

Algirdas Z.

Great time tracker

Reviewed on 2020/04/19

It was good. Did not experience many problems. But the ones I did experience were fixed fast. Easy to use

Pros

It was nice that I was able to track time of all my different projects. I have been using this to track how much time I was working on each project. And was happy that I was able to do so. Also it is nice that I can see a whole history of time tracked

Cons

APP could be better. I had trouble finding all functionalities on app that are on the web. Gganted I was using it before their newest app version

Tiffany T.

Great tool for remote employees

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

Pros

Easy tracking of general tasks, plus the ability to track sub-tasks across a wide range of projects. It also works well for tracking multiple clients.

Cons

The app is not as user friendly as the desktop version. I would love to be able to manually input time entries in the app the way I do with the desktop version instead of just using the stopwatch.

Eddy D.

Toggl helps us planning resources better

Reviewed on 2020/06/17

The ease of use and the extra insight you get with toggle about our planning is really nice.

Pros

We use toggl to help us plan resources in a sprint (our teammembers -- who will pick up which story and when)
With toggl we can better plan who will do what in a sprint so that we can be more transparant with our planning -- will we make the sprint or not? -- on a daily basis.

Cons

Our sprint lasts 2 weeks, but the view does not have that option, it is 1 week or a month.

Alexa T.

Time Tracking Made Easy

Reviewed on 2018/01/03

Pros

Toggl is an amazing program for time tracking. As a freelancer, I often need to track my time on individual tasks and projects. Toggl was a great choice for me personally. I love the ability to add multiple projects (clients) as well as subtasks to track. Using Toggl has made it so much easier to have an accurate representation of how much time it actually takes for each project.

Cons

Like any time-tracking device, it is easy to forget to turn off the timer when you've finished a task. With the desktop app, I've found it easier to monitor when the app is tracking as opposed to using the browser version.

Marek G.

Free trial with Toggl plan

Reviewed on 2020/03/27

After testing the trial we are 50:50 decided to use this software. Values for many is average and there are better services of this kind for such money they ask for.

Pros

Even the software is quite new there were not bugs and it was running smoothly. The UI is straightforward and it meets our requirements in like 90%. We think some new functionalities will come over the course of time.

Cons

The price seems to me quite high comparing it to some another products of similar kind. Mainly this is because there is not much functionality at the moment.

Anirudh C.
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Great tool for managing and tracking your projects!

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

Pros

1. The aesthetics are quite pleasing.
2. The kanban style board and time line tools are very useful to me.
3. The levels of functionality provided is extensive enough without becoming difficult to use.

Cons

1. The font size could be a bit bigger.
2. The top most view of the web page seems a little cluttered.

Best for technology development teams

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

None

Pros

We are able to see what our team members are working on for the day (Like a timesheet) and are able to plan what to pursue next.

Cons

It does not integrate to other software such as Google Suite or Slack, you cannot upload images into individual tasks and you cannot interact with your team members on the platform.

Ivan V.

Good Project Management Tool that could use a bit more functionalities

Reviewed on 2018/02/15

Pros

Everyone can switch to either long or short term planning. Also it has integration with Basecam and Trello, which is nice.

Cons

I didn't like it's lack of advanced functionalities and it's not really suited for managing bigger projects.

Lee B.
  • Industry: Design

Capacity Resourcing at it's best!

Reviewed on 2020/08/24

I had spoken to a handful of platforms and tried the free trials of others, and they just wasn't what I needed. When I found Toggl Plan there was no looking back. It has the high level functionality of assigning weekly capacity so I can plan my weeks/months accurately, with the more in depth phases, tasks, milestones, etc that is needed on an individual project level. There is the ability to include larger teams, and I can share the project timelines with my clients to track progress and be o the same page.
It is very simple and intuitive to use.

Pros

What I like most is the 'Team View' timelines so I can plan my time/projects accordingly. I can see a high level view of what projects I have, how many hours I need to work on each project that week, what weeks are fully booked, and when I can book the next project in without burning myself out. I can also see project deadlines (milestones) within the same view.
What is also super awesome is I can share these timelines on an individual client level so they can see their project and what is scheduled as well as the project progress.

Cons

The only thing I have found a little annoying is the hourly assignments. You have to calculate the daily capacity which means if the 'phase' of a project moves from 4 days to only 2 days but it requires the same amount of time associate with it you have to re-calculate the daily hours. It would be nice if you could simply assign a weekly amount of hours to a phase, and then have that amount stay as it is whether the phase is stretched across 1, 2, 3 days or all week.

Looking good - but not quite there yet

Reviewed on 2020/04/12

It's been good. I used this as my go to planning app for projects and studies for around 3 months and it worked well. I still use it now when I need to plan for the long term and want to quickly calculate if I have enough person hours available. I am hoping a few more improvements will come in on the daily planning side, perhaps some more integrations, and I can get additional use out of the service.

Pros

This is a really cool app. It was great for planning my studies. I still use it occassionally for long term planning of projects. The drag and drop interface worked well. I liked the hour calculation.

Cons

I felt the mobile experience was lacking. It's amazing for long term planning, even weekly planning, but gets awkward when it comes to daily planning, or planning in fine detail for timetabling. It's great for regular arrangements, but gets messy when it comes to extraordinary events.

Luis G.

THIS SOFTWARE IS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY EVERYTHING IS BETTER IN MY LIFE

Reviewed on 2020/06/08

In toggl I find my focus is the place were i task every Teamworks and is the place were i put all the thinks and thinking's I consider fundamental for the success of the department and is the place were my bosses could now at I am doing and what I'm going for

Pros

The simplicity of use and and the way I can assure those tasks for my colleagues the Wonder the timeline and I can't could see the different areas of the my plans
In the past I try different softwares of them same a area toggl plan is definitely the best one

Cons

I don't like i can't change the color when I text in the rain the software is like right in different colors and not only in black color iken detecting bold overline under line if then not connect change text color and like a lot if I can do that simple thing

Mark S.
  • Industry: Medical Devices
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

The daily schedule

Reviewed on 2020/06/24

I only use Toggl currently for the day to day operations. I load PDF's and text content.

Pros

This application is web-based and very easy to set up and manage. It allows management to easily add new users and schedule resources very quickly. Editing is super simply by clicking and dragging. If there is an issue and you contact the support staff they normally reply within 60 minutes. They are very helpful and are always looking for innovative ways to make the product better. I give them an A Plus!!

Cons

The only thing that I feel is a problem is when add several team members to one project and if you delete the placeholder they all are deleted. It would be nice it would not delete everyone that is on the project.