Jackrabbit Care

Web based child care management software

Karen S.

Agreement Text Feature is EXCELLENT!

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

On top of all of the excellent features which far outweigh the issues we have had, Jackrabbit's customer service has been amazing. The staff are quick to respond, take your feedback or questions into consideration at all times, and are honest about their ability to make changes within their system or about how to proceed within their system.

Pros

We selected Jackrabbit over the other products that we researched primarily because of the Agreement Text feature. This featured streamlined our registration process, and parents love the fact that almost every element of the required paper work for enrollment can be completed online.

Cons

We wish there was more flexibility with the way the class schedules have to be completed. Our program has offered a great deal of flexibility to our families and it is very hard to customize this in the class/day schedules that we created in Jackrabbit.

Shannon E.

Jackrabbit Review

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

We have had a great experience with the staff and customer support. Our client information has been safe and secure. And it has made programming easier from a payment perspective.

Pros

Jackrabbit is user friendly and easy for a novice computer user to pick up. Our staff has flexibility in their level of use, but are able to expand as needed.

Cons

Overall, the software is great and we have been using it for three years. Ideally, we would love to have something that is mobile friendly for our parents on the go.

Julia L.

love this company

Reviewed on 2017/09/20

Pros

I love the excellent customer service the best. They really listen to what their customers want and they're always available to help. I've never experienced customer service like this before!

Cons

The interface isn't that pretty. It's very functional, but they could streamline the looks more. I'm okay with this because the features are great.

Dawn P.

Not for Child Care

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

Ive tried several times to speak with someone over the phone for training and technical assistance but I always get forwarded to the billing department which makes no sense.
I've used Jack Rabbit in the past for Red Cross babysitting classes and the platform worked well for that but whoever chose this platform for a large child care center had no idea that it is completely non compatible with child care administrators.

Pros

Product is not easy to use when it pertains to child care centers.

We have to use TWO other programs to manage the school due to the things Jack Rabbit doesn't provide in reports etc.

Cons

The software was clearly not designed with child care centers in mind and does not work well for what we need in reports for licensing.

Angela G.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Jackrabbit Care Review

Reviewed on 2019/07/03

Customer Service is available and great to work with.

Pros

Jackrabbit Care has allowed us to offer online enrollment for our programs which has provided an easy way for families to get us the information we need.

Cons

It's not the most intuitive software to use. I can usually figure out how to use most computer programs just by playing with them long enough but this one requires some training. I haven't yet had a chance to do my call with Jackrabbit Customer Service to help me get set-up and I expect that will help me a lot.

Sofia V.

I like that the system keeps everything simple and easy to read

Reviewed on 2016/03/29

I really like the system and will recommend to all organizations to use for record keeping

Marlene B.

Jack Rabbit

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

Pros

It good to access anywhere. Quite user friendly.

Cons

Parents complain about the statements and how they read. They find it difficult even if I put in a specific date
I'm glad to see that you can print the child's info sheet from their profile. It would be easier if the information came directly up on the screen instead of the steps you have to take

Kathleen W.

A useful product at a reasonable price.

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

Overall this is a good program I would recommend to small centers.

Pros

Good program for overall, administrative management of a childcare center. Useful for tracking student accounts & attendance, staff attendance-making payroll much easier than hand written time sheets. Family & staff email function is very useful, particularly when immediate communication is crucial such as for medical alerts and weather related information. Interface with website for registration is invaluable. Parent interface very useful to decrease time spent on the phone regarding administrative concerns.
Wait list function very helpful.

Cons

Schedule function is quite rigid and does not accommodate things such as field trips, special programs, etc. Can only input classes. Requirement to use World Pay for credit card processing very expensive. Would like to be able to shop for a better program to process credit card payments.

Kyle G.

Versatile and gives so much functionality

Reviewed on 2017/05/11

Pros

Online integration, customer account access, customer tracking and billing. It's nice to have things automated so I can perform batch operations quickly and easily.

Tammy S.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Too difficult to use

Reviewed on 2020/08/24

would prefer to NEVER use it again

Pros

It is WAY TOO DIFFICULT to use. There are a couple dozen categories to fill out before I can get to what I need. I only need to look at my class roll, send out emails to my class and see who comes which days. So far I have not figured out who even comes which days because it's too complex. I could not care less who has which kind of phone number or many of the other questions that are filled out.

Cons

the amount of useless categories is overwhelming and completely unnecessary

Claudia M.

Very user friendly

Reviewed on 2016/04/13

Software has been very easy to use, and is user friendly. The two times I had to contact customer service, they were wonderful!

Jacob W.

I've been working with JackRabbit for the past few months & both the setup and staff are...

Reviewed on 2017/10/30

This software allows me to run a nearly flawless after school program here at Riverview Charter School by making access to all of the information for the children and the school available and easy to manage.

Pros

What I like most about the JackRabbit software is the ability to customize it to meet the needs of our school and our program here at Riverview Charter School. It makes creating classes seamless, makes scheduling easy, and billing is practically effortless. And that is just the software itself--my experience with the staff behind the software has been incredible, as well!

Cons

There are a few areas that I would love to see improve, namely with the billing areas. In the same way you copy classes, I would love to be able to copy the same billing information from the drop down lists to related siblings. For example, if Suzie attends the after school program on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, then (most of the time) her brother, Max, is attending those same days. When I go to do billing, I would love to be able to charge Suzie for those three days and then, with just another click or two, have the same thing for Max. In this way, there would be less typing and clicking and would shorten billing time!

Marcella C.

Good features, moderately user-friendly

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

Pros

I really like the Group PIN feature as well as the “Who’s Scheduled to be Here” printout. The ability for parents to pay online is a great addition to our center

Cons

Entering varying schedules is quite tedious. Also, there are very few editing options, so if you make a mistake, you have to delete and start over.

Dwayne A.

Best class management software

Easy report system

Pros

The ease of use. The attendance records are easily accessible

Cons

Not much I didnt like about software.. very easy to use

Connie M.

im very pleased with jackrabbit. it has made my job much easier

Reviewed on 2016/03/30

Now i dont have to hand write time in or out for daycare and figure hours with a calculator this makes it so much better and faster to let parents know hours and balances on their accounts

Ismet I.

Zenith Learning Experience

Reviewed on 2016/03/31

It is a great tool to keep up with 2400 students. It was not easy before to follow up with monthly fees. JackRabbitClass fixed our daily operation issue.

Rosemary S.

We recommend Jackrabbit

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

Pros

The product is easy to use and easy to understand. It offers many options, is flexible enough to customize to our needs and is forgiving enough when learning the program and software.

Cons

Some of the features like email design is a little out dated, but it works with the simplicity of the program software and allows for customization.

Jessica J.

childcare management

Reviewed on 2019/07/03

We have solved parent access to registration and online payments.
We need a software that gives us all reporting ability.

Pros

Customer service is great. Always looking for the best resolution.
The ease of clocking out failed sign outs.
The financial dashboard.
The ability to give parents online access for registration and payment.
Email templates.
Cloud-based software has been amazing for us.

Cons

Reports. We can not run a report to show monthly discounts.
We can not run a report to show children with allergies school-wide. A report with just child's name, allergy and medication or process for allergy.
We can not run a report showing FTE's (Full Time Equivalent)
These are some of the crucial reports needed for the best management for our school's productivity.

Rosa M.

Excellent!

n/a

Pros

Easy to use and can log in and work anywhere.

Cons

Have not being able to Email or text multiple people at once.

Tracy P.

Great product

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

Customer service is the best in the business

Pros

I like how user-friendly the product is and the customer service!

Cons

I have used JackRabbit Class for many years and there are features that Class has that Care is missing. I'm really hoping that those will be added soon!

Kathleen W.

Overall this has been a very useful tool.

Reviewed on 2017/10/26

A lot of information gathered and organized in an easily retrievable and usable format.

Pros

Great for tracking staff hours for payroll, great for check in and check out of children and ability to access information regarding attendance. Parent portal for payment and account information very useful.

Cons

Use of the calendar and displaying staff schedules etc. not functional at all for us due to the rigidity of the format.

Elizabeth K.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Meets the needs of our company

Reviewed on 2020/08/24

Pros

this product meets the needs of our company. It is user friendly and the customer service is great.
Thank you for provideing a great product

Cons

the fact onl y one user can use the service at a time is frustrating

Dizzy F.

Huge help for our program and excellent customer service!

Reviewed on 2016/04/01

I've tried so many different programs to manage my business. I have a part time preschool, camps, parties and weekly classes that we offer. We kindof had to force ourselves to use the program in the beginning, but now can't imagine being without it. It has virtually everything we need to manage our business and once you get used to working with the program it's so easy. It doesn't take a long time to get used to, it's just hard to break old habits of using our old program. The customer service is also phenomenal! Any time we have a question, they get back to us right away and have helped us figure it out.

Leeanne B.

User friendly!!

Reviewed on 2016/03/31

I have used this software for about a year and a half and have had very few, if any, problems using it. it is very user friendly and simple. It is easy to figure out when trying to do something that I've never done before. I like that the email is connected to jackrabbit so that I can communicate with parents without having to get in and out of the system. Anytime I have had to call for a question, the customer service has been excellent and quick to respond.
I would recommend this system!

Cheryl C.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Unprofessional

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

Due to another business associate claiming 50% ownership, I sent my LLC, EIN, Operating Agreement, etc. to prove that my name alone was on the business. The business associate in question was the former bookkeeper who mismanaged funds. In an attempt to move forward with my business, my lawyer said that it was not an option to have this person (or her husband's) name associated with Bright Futures at all, since we would soon be bankrupt (in my name). I expressed this to Jack Rabbit and was assured several times that all was in order. However, once this former bookkeeper threatened Jack Rabbit with legal action, my account was closed in the middle of me billing. The bookkeeper and his wife had no legal right to doing this, but were simply being vindictive. Not only did this make my life very difficult, especially given the fact that I had just reopened after Covid, but it made it very difficult for my families who utilized flex spending, child care reimbursement, etc. I was not given any time at all to export information to a new software program. With this being said, the silver lining is that I switched to ProCare and they have been extremely helpful in assisting me with starting over from scratch. Going forward, if my parents require any information in the future (i.e. for tax purposes), I will give them Jack Rabbit's contact information. I believe JR acted blatantly unprofessional.

Pros

The billing component. It assisted me with accuracy and the parents were very satisfied with the process.

Cons

No loyalty/professionalism. All of the companies that I dealt with utilized the legal documents in order to exclude the former bookkeeper from my accounts, except for Jack Rabbit.