Amplitude

App, web and mobile analytics software

4,4
4,2
4,4
3,9
4,2
Jovan M.
Industry: Computer Software

Great software for product and customer acquisition analysis

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Now we are using one tool instead of three tools in combination for the same thing.

Pros

With Amplitude, you can really dig very deep into the data you need. With this tool, you can measure both product and marketing metrics which provides you a holistic overview of everything you really need.

Cons

Setting up events you want to track can be tough. The overall tool learning curve can take a lot of time. Sometimes problems can occur in UTM tagging.

Yaron K.
Industry: Computer Software

The best tool for mobile app analytics - easy to deploy yet super powerful

Reviewed on 2019/11/04

The tool has allowed us to understand exactly how users are using the app and make critical business decisions based on this insight.

Pros

This tool is extremely easy to deploy yet extremely powerful - you can very easily monitor any aspect of your user's experience within the app, and use the web frontend to create amazing charts and graphs that give you full insight into the user's experience.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like was that user properties are only updated when an event is triggered; I would love those to be updated independently.

Amit N.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Powerful for in app visibilty

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

Love it. I can easily track and monitor whatever is going on our website.

Pros

Ease of creating charts and dashboard. Amplitude makes it easy to get visibility on pretty much everything that happens in your website or app. Moreover they offer a VERY generous free plan.

Cons

To be honest, there isn't much to dislike. We're using the free tier which is sufficient for our needs.

Industry: Computer Software

Good free plan but not many features.

Reviewed on 2018/04/02

Cheap analytics with a good set of features.

Pros

It is free the use and has a nice dashboard that is customizable. It has user profiles like Mixpanel but they are much harder to access as there is no searchable list of user profiles. Also has a real time stream of events.

Cons

It has no where near the features of others like Mixpanel. Doesn't have an iOS app or any API to access your analytics data. Also there is no prebuilt dashboard like Flurry where you can get a general overview instead you have to create your own dashboards/charts. I will probably go with Flurry for free analytics for my next project and if you are looking for something better Mixpanel is probably the best out there but it is very expensive.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Andrew K.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Powerful, Great Functionality

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

Would recommend overall. Easy enough for there to be adoption across the company but powerful enough so that power users could rely on it alone without going into the data warehouse.

Pros

Love the custom, easy to share links and strong flexibility in how data is displayed. Also intuitive way to build cohorts

Cons

Some inconsistencies in how data is calculated depending on the uniques vs totals across time ranges. Also frustrating that you can't do "monthlies" unless you start from the first of the month and that the averages are not weighted. Minor details that would have made the tool even better.

Industry: Computer Software

I would choose it again!

Reviewed on 2020/04/29

The customer support is always there to help and even I have had the need to do a video call with them and went great. Lot of patience and very careful to satisfy our needs.

Pros

I am totally happy with the experience with Amplitude. The tool is fantastic and has so many functionalities that make the growth analysis simply great. What I liked most was the ability to create different cohorts based on the custom events tracked and the segments of users created. Thus, we could filter out all those leads that actually weren't on our product market fit.

Cons

The only thing that was a bit complex was with the tracking ID. You have to be careful with the usage of the user id and the app id on the web scripts on your webpage as you could easily track events to another user that is not the one that is using the tool in that moment. Even more with the events saved as guest that are tracked later to the user account when that same user logs in.

Jenelle H.
Industry: E-Learning

Best Data Tool We've Ever Used

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

So incredibly happy. We have used assorted data tools over the years, but nothing has been as easy or clear as Amplitude. Amplitude is now replacing three separate data tools we used to have to manually tie together to build a data picture.

Pros

SO easy to implement – I have a minor background in front end, and found it incredibly easy to build custom events and tie them to our products. It was virtually seamless to tie together a marketing site to our product, so we were quickly able to begin building a full picture of a user's journey from website through signup to onboarding. The help articles provided everything I needed to get up and running, I never needed to contact support about anything!

Cons

The only issue I have found so far has to do with UTM tagging. It could just be me, but it seems like Amplitude does not auto tag utm's for things like Search / organic / referral in the way that Google Analytics does. It's difficult to get a picture of referral sources, but I can get to the answer through a little bit of hacky work with the user properties for referring domain.

Jeremy B.
Industry: Entertainment
Company size: Self Employed

Great and getting better

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Good product that is only getting better. The format and how you can add on is great. It is user friendly and sounds good.

Pros

The addition of more amplifier and artists, and hire you can purchase add ons... toss way it’s not too much to just get started, but you can always buy more.

Cons

Slight learning curve, but minimal... it way easy once you dive in and start experimenting with the software. I’ma hands on guy and it took minutes to understand.

Aaron C.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great product for data if your organisation supports it

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/11/05

The main use cases we have are:
- Who uses our site on what platform
- Conversion/Funnel analysis for specific flows

Pros

Very useful tool for funnel/conversion analysis.
Great support team - customer success managers willing to upskill your team.
Relatively well supported product and development team actively working to incorporate customer features
Plugin makes finding events more accessible to non technical users
UI is learnable for basic events

Cons

Initially, learning to use the product requires upfront investment. There are some basics, conceptual model things that must be learnt e.g. If I change someone else's charts, or do I make a version of it, or do I edit their version.

Like all data analytics tools, you can go horribly wrong if:
- you have the wrong events instrumented
- you are applying the wrong data

The charts that are shown are pretty basic/ugly and you can't always format them the way that you want or makes sense.

It is dependent upon engineering to build the events.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Too complicated

Reviewed on 2018/07/29

Pros

It offers a good set of features for analytics and easily integrates with other systems. Its price is rather low in comparison to others.

Cons

Even though it's a good software, UI is not very intuitive which makes the software hard to use for whole range of customers. It still has some bugs and some ways to do things just doesn't make sense.

Great product for analytics

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Pros

Thanks to Amplitude you can dig really deep into your data. Can be used in to measure both sales and customer success metrics. Can't imagine a project without it.

Cons

It is quite complicate to implement and require a tech knowledge to create and pass events. Also not very intuitive at the start.

Matylda C.
Industry: Computer Software

Best product analytics tool for teams

Reviewed on 2018/08/05

Pros

If you're looking for a tool that will allow your team to collaborate when pulling and analyzing your product data, you should try Amplitude. With this tool, you can create i.e. user funnels and easily share them with others. You can also create a dashboard to keep all your important metrics in one place which can be a lifesaver if you're a busy product marketer like me.

Cons

Although you get used to their navigation over time, it can be a bit frustrating in their beginning. I also wish they would explain the features a bit better in their documentation.

Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Amplitude for product data can help you connect the dots

Reviewed on 2018/10/24

Love this tool!

Pros

I use Amplitude every day to create cohorts, analyze product trends and evaluate how we are tracking on our metrics. If you are a SaaS platform Amplitude is a huge help in visualizing data. The cohort abilities are also huge in comparing our A/B tests.

Cons

Setting up the events can be kind of tough. If you don't have an easy event set up then not all the features will be usable.

Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

An easy to use analytics dashboard for all members of your product team

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Easy and insightful tool that allows teams to communicate or discover their impact on user behaviours or success metrics.

Pros

As a designer, I find Amplitude to be the easiest analysis tool that we have available on my team. My favourite feature is the ability to string together analytics in order to get a sense of how users flow through various parts of the product. I mainly use amplitude in an exploratory way when embarking on redesigning or optimising features in product. However other team members produce great dashboards for each experience that we ship, and these are easy to navigate, manipulate and even remix into new queries.

Cons

I don't really have any problems with Amplitude. Sometimes I wish that it would upskill my ability to form complex queries, however that is asking a lot of the software – given I am probably not their core target audience (Design team).

Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Great for basic analytics

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Pros

Amplitude did a great job at simplifying the UX/UI experiences. They have a great feature set if you're looking for basic analytics on both mobile and desktop platforms.

Cons

Amplitude doesn't seem to get as complex into tracking as other tools on the market. However, if you're still in POC stages, it's well worth it.

Industry: Religious Institutions

Most powerful analytics tool on the market

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Pros

I love being able to create charts and dashboards that give me insight into the apps we build. I am given detailed views into the events, cohorts, and a multitude of other attributes of our app.

Cons

Not a fault of the software, but I've had to read the helpful documentation several times to understand calculations.

Very good analytics platform

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

Pros

I've used this for about 2 years and it is very feature rich with a lot of functionality and options to show and analyse the data.

Cons

Having much options and features bring a problem where sometimes simple things are a little bit complicated.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Financial Services

Data analysis made easy

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Pros

Amplitude allows users with little to no experience in data management and analysis to create useful artifacts to extract useful information from raw data. It is quite simple to create and maintain reports on user engagement or funnel analysis.

Cons

When data is combined from multiple sources, it can be tricky to ensure that all those platforms are aligned and properly joined together.

Sean D.

Decent free plan service but the interface has become increasingly overcomplicated over the years.

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/08/01

They ability to freely monitor my application in realtime

Pros

I like their free plan its a godsend for indie developers like myself who have a limited budget.

Their user activity activity information and presentation is top notch. For example on that page I click on a individual user and see how long they've used my app, see what they did during each session and I can even select a option to see what events they're triggering in realtime.

Cons

Over the years its become increasingly more complicated to use their interface and find the information I'm looking for. When I started using Amplitude a couple of years ago it was simpler to organize the data how I wanted but now a days I frequently find myself lost after coming back to check app every couple of weeks.

Industry: Internet

Helps you really understand the users!

Reviewed on 2019/10/11

Overall, great experience so far, I loved the key insights the Behavioural Cohorts offers.

Pros

- Very easy to implement, to create reports, dashboards and to dissect your data using multiple dimensions
- Offers a very generous free tier
- I liked the Behavioural Cohorts as it offer key insights that help you understand exactly which are your best users and what makes them stick around
- Great tools for understanding and interpreting your data on the paid plans

Cons

It's quite expensive - so if you really want to use it you need to be ready to spend some money with it.

Definitely a learning curve

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

Pros

Amplitude allows our marketing team to look directly into how effective our campaigns and promotions are doing by manipulating funnel charts. After integrating Braze Currents into Amplitude we have so much more useful data that is giving us very valuable information. We have a better understanding of whats working, what needs to be fixed, where people are dropping out in our user flow, etc.

Cons

It took me a while to fully understand how to use the software, but our account manager was kind enough to send over some training manuals as well as set up an in person training to make sure I had all the information that I needed.

Industry: Consumer Services

Amazing Tool!

Reviewed on 2018/01/17

Pros

Amazing tool. I have personally used at least 4 other analytics tools. Amplitude is hands down the best of them. There's great reporting/graphs features, but my favorite part is seeing the user journey for each user as well as getting detailed data about your users (country, city, courier, device type...etc.)

Cons

Overall it's good, but I'd have loved improving the user experience a little bit. I found it a bit difficult to find certain things at first.

Meet S.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

The Free Plan is Perfect

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

I am very happy. It has become an irreplaceable part of our Analytics repertoire.

Pros

Unlike Mixpanel, this is built for product analysts who want to go deeper into the product. The retention curves and customer journeys are unmatched. If you are more technical than an average marketer, this is the product for you.

Cons

The pricing after the free plan expires is unreasonably high. But the free plan is sufficient for an early stage company.

Industry: Entertainment

i use amplitude to track usage data for my app

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

Pros

it makes it very easy for a novice data analyst to create queries, visualize data, and share information.

Cons

the ability to track usage across different platforms. I have an apple tv and mobile app that work together and can't track one path across both devices.

Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Easy to extract and visualize data

Reviewed on 2019/06/22

Pros

Intuitive environment in order to get graphics faster

Cons

You have to know all the variables first, it should be improved with a sort of glossary for each variable it manages first