Amplitude Reviews

Amplitude

App, web and mobile analytics software

4.3/5 (29 reviews)
Jenelle H.

Best Data Tool We've Ever Used

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

So incredibly happy. We have used assorted data tools over the years, but nothing has been as easy or clear as Amplitude. Amplitude is now replacing three separate data tools we used to have to manually tie together to build a data picture.

Pros

SO easy to implement – I have a minor background in front end, and found it incredibly easy to build custom events and tie them to our products. It was virtually seamless to tie together a marketing site to our product, so we were quickly able to begin building a full picture of a user's journey from website through signup to onboarding. The help articles provided everything I needed to get up and running, I never needed to contact support about anything!

Cons

The only issue I have found so far has to do with UTM tagging. It could just be me, but it seems like Amplitude does not auto tag utm's for things like Search / organic / referral in the way that Google Analytics does. It's difficult to get a picture of referral sources, but I can get to the answer through a little bit of hacky work with the user properties for referring domain.

Great product for analytics

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Pros

Thanks to Amplitude you can dig really deep into your data. Can be used in to measure both sales and customer success metrics. Can't imagine a project without it.

Cons

It is quite complicate to implement and require a tech knowledge to create and pass events. Also not very intuitive at the start.

Amplitude for product data can help you connect the dots

Reviewed on 2018/10/24

Love this tool!

Pros

I use Amplitude every day to create cohorts, analyze product trends and evaluate how we are tracking on our metrics. If you are a SaaS platform Amplitude is a huge help in visualizing data. The cohort abilities are also huge in comparing our A/B tests.

Cons

Setting up the events can be kind of tough. If you don't have an easy event set up then not all the features will be usable.

An easy to use analytics dashboard for all members of your product team

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Easy and insightful tool that allows teams to communicate or discover their impact on user behaviours or success metrics.

Pros

As a designer, I find Amplitude to be the easiest analysis tool that we have available on my team. My favourite feature is the ability to string together analytics in order to get a sense of how users flow through various parts of the product. I mainly use amplitude in an exploratory way when embarking on redesigning or optimising features in product. However other team members produce great dashboards for each experience that we ship, and these are easy to navigate, manipulate and even remix into new queries.

Cons

I don't really have any problems with Amplitude. Sometimes I wish that it would upskill my ability to form complex queries, however that is asking a lot of the software – given I am probably not their core target audience (Design team).

Great for basic analytics

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Pros

Amplitude did a great job at simplifying the UX/UI experiences. They have a great feature set if you're looking for basic analytics on both mobile and desktop platforms.

Cons

Amplitude doesn't seem to get as complex into tracking as other tools on the market. However, if you're still in POC stages, it's well worth it.

Most powerful analytics tool on the market

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Pros

I love being able to create charts and dashboards that give me insight into the apps we build. I am given detailed views into the events, cohorts, and a multitude of other attributes of our app.

Cons

Not a fault of the software, but I've had to read the helpful documentation several times to understand calculations.

Very good analytics platform

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

Pros

I've used this for about 2 years and it is very feature rich with a lot of functionality and options to show and analyse the data.

Cons

Having much options and features bring a problem where sometimes simple things are a little bit complicated.

Data analysis made easy

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Pros

Amplitude allows users with little to no experience in data management and analysis to create useful artifacts to extract useful information from raw data. It is quite simple to create and maintain reports on user engagement or funnel analysis.

Cons

When data is combined from multiple sources, it can be tricky to ensure that all those platforms are aligned and properly joined together.

Sean D.

Decent free plan service but the interface has become increasingly overcomplicated over the years.

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

They ability to freely monitor my application in realtime

Pros

I like their free plan its a godsend for indie developers like myself who have a limited budget.

Their user activity activity information and presentation is top notch. For example on that page I click on a individual user and see how long they've used my app, see what they did during each session and I can even select a option to see what events they're triggering in realtime.

Cons

Over the years its become increasingly more complicated to use their interface and find the information I'm looking for. When I started using Amplitude a couple of years ago it was simpler to organize the data how I wanted but now a days I frequently find myself lost after coming back to check app every couple of weeks.

6.0/10

Helps you really understand the users!

Reviewed on 2019/10/11

Overall, great experience so far, I loved the key insights the Behavioural Cohorts offers.

Pros

- Very easy to implement, to create reports, dashboards and to dissect your data using multiple dimensions
- Offers a very generous free tier
- I liked the Behavioural Cohorts as it offer key insights that help you understand exactly which are your best users and what makes them stick around
- Great tools for understanding and interpreting your data on the paid plans

Cons

It's quite expensive - so if you really want to use it you need to be ready to spend some money with it.

Definitely a learning curve

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

Pros

Amplitude allows our marketing team to look directly into how effective our campaigns and promotions are doing by manipulating funnel charts. After integrating Braze Currents into Amplitude we have so much more useful data that is giving us very valuable information. We have a better understanding of whats working, what needs to be fixed, where people are dropping out in our user flow, etc.

Cons

It took me a while to fully understand how to use the software, but our account manager was kind enough to send over some training manuals as well as set up an in person training to make sure I had all the information that I needed.

Amazing Tool!

Reviewed on 2018/01/17

Pros

Amazing tool. I have personally used at least 4 other analytics tools. Amplitude is hands down the best of them. There's great reporting/graphs features, but my favorite part is seeing the user journey for each user as well as getting detailed data about your users (country, city, courier, device type...etc.)

Cons

Overall it's good, but I'd have loved improving the user experience a little bit. I found it a bit difficult to find certain things at first.

Meet S.

The Free Plan is Perfect

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

I am very happy. It has become an irreplaceable part of our Analytics repertoire.

Pros

Unlike Mixpanel, this is built for product analysts who want to go deeper into the product. The retention curves and customer journeys are unmatched. If you are more technical than an average marketer, this is the product for you.

Cons

The pricing after the free plan expires is unreasonably high. But the free plan is sufficient for an early stage company.

i use amplitude to track usage data for my app

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

Pros

it makes it very easy for a novice data analyst to create queries, visualize data, and share information.

Cons

the ability to track usage across different platforms. I have an apple tv and mobile app that work together and can't track one path across both devices.

Easy to extract and visualize data

Reviewed on 2019/06/22

Pros

Intuitive environment in order to get graphics faster

Cons

You have to know all the variables first, it should be improved with a sort of glossary for each variable it manages first

Aleksandar M.

Easy to use app for a non expert data analyst

Reviewed on 2019/06/06

We use Amplitude for keeping track of our SEO analysis, IOS, and Android app reviews, as well as consumer acquisition.

Pros

Amplitude has very clean and easy to use user interface, which makes data analytics looks so easy. It offers customizable visualizations that are very useful as reporting tools. Now we don't have to switch platforms to check our IOS or Android app reviews separately, it is one platform to rule them all.

Cons

So far I haven't found any issues or blockers that I can specify here, my overall experience has been prety Ok.

Amplitude is the analytics platform to use if you are serious about understanding your users

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Pros

* Easy to implement
* A very generous free tier
* Easy to create reports, dashboards and to dissect your data using multiple dimensions
* Integrates well with multi-platform applications
* Behavioural Cohorts, though expensive, offer key insights that help you understand exactly which are your best users and what makes them stick around
* Great tools for understanding and interpreting your data on the paid plans

Cons

* Expensive paid plans
* Not much else, we implement Amplitude in any new product we release

Junde W.

Analytics feedback use of Amplitude

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

Pros

about to provide alot of analytics out of the data

Cons

Implementation process of the codes in app

Great value for money

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

Pros

The pricing is really interesting and the data we're getting is the most exact we've found when compared with other solutions.

Cons

nothing really. We're liking it a bit more every day.

Too complicated

Reviewed on 2018/07/29

Pros

It offers a good set of features for analytics and easily integrates with other systems. Its price is rather low in comparison to others.

Cons

Even though it's a good software, UI is not very intuitive which makes the software hard to use for whole range of customers. It still has some bugs and some ways to do things just doesn't make sense.

6.0/10

Great tool for tracking analytics for the app I'm working on

Reviewed on 2018/04/17

Pros

You can create charts for pretty much any action you can think of tracking on Amplitude. It's a slight learning curve to understand, but has a pretty simple interface once you get the hang of it.

Cons

The program is a little confusing to start using. It takes some finagling and research to really get a good grasp on how to use it.

Andrea E.

Powerful platform for user behavioural insights

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

get user behavioural insights

Pros

It is very easy to implement and to use by a no technical person. It also allows to integrate several platforms like those for A/B Tests.

Cons

The price is not so cheap compared to other platforms and some extra modules are available only with additional costs.

Good free plan but not many features.

Reviewed on 2018/04/02

Cheap analytics with a good set of features.

Pros

It is free the use and has a nice dashboard that is customizable. It has user profiles like Mixpanel but they are much harder to access as there is no searchable list of user profiles. Also has a real time stream of events.

Cons

It has no where near the features of others like Mixpanel. Doesn't have an iOS app or any API to access your analytics data. Also there is no prebuilt dashboard like Flurry where you can get a general overview instead you have to create your own dashboards/charts. I will probably go with Flurry for free analytics for my next project and if you are looking for something better Mixpanel is probably the best out there but it is very expensive.

5.0/10

Great free tool for b2b

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

We have a b2b software and our usage is very low based on total number of users. This means the tool is completely free for us to use. The functionalities are very worthwhile compared to paid tools like Mixpanel and Heap.

Cons

You do have to spend some time setting this up and instrumenting all the events. It can also be a little bit difficult for new users to pick it up, but I haven't had a problem figuring it out and getting value out of it.

Matt K.

Product Insight Tool that is as good as how YOU set it up

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

Pros

- Features are centered around industry-standard metrics
- Customer onboarding great
- Great visual, leading to higher perception of value for presentation

Cons

- relys on the users to setup the event data, which could be cumberson
- cookie-cutter, not really customizable in its insights