AutoEntry Reviews

AutoEntry

Eliminate manual data entry from accounting.

Andile
Andile
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Paperless entry

Reviewed on 2022/11/12

Accuracy is ensured, reduced admin time and seamless integration to cloud accounting, this is awesome.I have had the previllage of meeting the team, I trust the brand, product and people.

Pros

I work with clients that deal with PDF and hard copy bank statements, my accountants are reduced to data capturing for hours, the seamless upload of these documents and bulk import/Integration to accounting systems save so much time and afford them to do what they do best: produce vital financial information to business in time.

Cons

The billing method: credits.In an ideal world this is great, my Account clients deal with clients that have huge amounts of PDF and print outs which prove to be more expensive for them to render thier service.

Hubdoc and Dext Prepare

DOKKA
Terry
Terry
  • Industry: Accounting

Was there another way before Autoentry? Goodbye manual input!

Reviewed on 2017/04/26

Pros

An intuitive product that delivers what is says - sales invoices, purchase invoices and bank statements seamlessly delivered into the accounting product (Quickbooks Online) in super fast time.
The access rights are very flexible meaning we can work with clients who we also set up to use it and the recently added App makes it even easier for them.
Its 'Pay As You Go' pricing structure is extremely attractive, with every useage credit available across all clients so there is never money wasted on unused capacity - unlike other similar products.
Efficient, inexpensive, consistent and reliable, all backed by great support - I wonder how I managed without it.

Cons

None at all.
... but I did have to invest in a better scanner to cope with the volume I am now putting through Autoentry!

Ken

Time saving promisses, time wasting results

Reviewed on 2022/08/17

I have been using AutoEntry for over 2 years hoping that the longer I used it the easier it would be to use. This is not the case. It is a rare occurrence when I can go through a short stack of processed invoices without having to open up support chat and request help or a complete reprocessing of a document. Correcting small discrepancies is a clunky process that requires moving your hands back and forth from the keyboard to the mouse several times for each line. Occasionally a document is so poorly processed that the data is fabricated to manipulate the numbers and force a balanced transaction. It would seem that documents are run through OCR with human assistance. For what ever reason this combination produces a grab bag of unpredictable results and it seems to be getting worse over the last few months. I was hoping AutoEntry would save me time but I it has done exactly the opposite.

Pros

Once I correct the regular invoice inaccuracies in the user interface AutoEntry exports to QuickBooks Online well. Product mapping is easy when it works.

Cons

About 2 out of 3 invoices with line items processed have some level of inaccuracy. There is an "automatically post" option that I would NEVER turn on if you care about having accurate data, cost centers, or inventory.

Anoop
Anoop
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Just a highly recommended efficent add on, an easy, quick & reliable win

Reviewed on 2017/04/26

Pros

Literally does everything - Bank Statements, Sales Invoices & Purchase Invoices.
The credit system is credit for accountants and they rollover on unused credits
Now has a phone app mean it can be used for every function
Picks up individual line and descriptions from invoices is brilliant.
Good customer support form
Multi-currency function works
Works on QBO, Xero and Sage Desktop!

Cons

Expenses module not fantastic - would use Expensify for this all day long
Uses quite a lot of credits fro scanning bank statements

Martin
Martin
  • Used for 2+ years

AutoEntry Support

Reviewed on 2020/07/09

Overall all good.

Overall all good.

Pros

As the IT Manager I don't personally use the software very much myself but I do setup client companies and talk client users through setting up the app. Not once have I had any clients come back to us saying anything bad about the system or requiring assistance in using.

The online chat staff are very knowledgeable and helpful if any assistance is needed.

Cons

Sometimes when processing bank statements to get them into Excel format for non-integrated clients it can appear to take a while to process. Having said that, it would take a lot longer if we were to try and do the same using OCR software so not all bad!

David
David
  • Industry: Accounting

An excellent time saving tool, a must for all bookkeepers and accountants

Reviewed on 2017/12/01

Pros

Will OCR sales and purchase invoices and bank statements

Easy to understand the interface and get going

Clients love the simplicity of it, as there is nothing for them to do but take a pic on their phone.

Cons

Could do with some further development to start to be able to process email text invoices.

We have to manually send their invoices back to their system for processing, surely this could be automated?

Chris
Chris
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 2021/02/15

Moving to AutoEntry at the start of the first lockdown and WFH has enabled me to continue to process supplier invoices a lot easier than the previous manual processing in the office.

Pros

Removes manual processing of supplier invoices, reduces errors, easy to use across our 3 sites and accessing processed invoices is simple and finally, as all invoices are stored in the cloud, reduces the need for office space to store invoices.

Cons

The supplier statement portal is basic, i think more thought needs given to this area to improve functionality

Zakee

Good start- needs polishing up

Reviewed on 2017/11/30

Pros

Pretty easy to use after you get the hang of it.
Not badly priced compared to similar software.
Excellent customer support.

Cons

Processing time is a bit long sometimes as long as 24 hours.
Uploads purchase invoice doesn't allow to export to excel.
Very difficult finding the statement as doesnt sort them properly.

Ahmed
  • Industry: Accounting

Take the drudgery out of the data

Reviewed on 2022/12/22

Pros

Spend less time entering data and chasing documents. It is smooth and automatic in use. It also works on smart analysis in the basic details of the work, including the supplier and tax account. It also works to improve time with customers, as it makes you spend less time in accessing accurate data

Cons

It often happens that there are duplicate items on an invoice

Stephan
Stephan

Excellent expense capturing ssytem

Reviewed on 2021/09/14

Quick and efficient data capturing.

Quick and efficient data capturing.

Pros

The ease of use. Just take out your phone, open the app, take a photo and submit. Then the invoice is on the system ready to be approved and to be imported into the accounting system.

Cons

Sometimes the synchronizing with the accounting system is not working and had to be reset.

Karen

Brilliant

Reviewed on 2020/11/05

Have been using Autoentry for about six years and now work much more accurately and efficiently. Find it very easy to use and the support is always very good when issues arise. Took on additional clients as a result of the time savings gained

Pros

Easy to use and teach clients
Integrates smoothly with the other I use

Cons

Has most desired features Easy to use Doesnt always integrate well with Sage desktop

Dext Prepare and Datamolino

Reasons for Switching to AutoEntry

Price did what I needed at the time
Scott

Revolutionised the delivery of our bookkeeping function.

Reviewed on 2017/04/26

Pros

Paying for credits, rather than a set monthly subscription.
We initially used Autoentry for our clients who did not use online banking to create csv bank statements, to allow us to on board them on to Xero. This in itself is an amazingly helpful function.
We have now expanded our use of this to include the sales and purchase invoice processing. The ability to identify individual line items is a great tool, for those suppliers clients use for different purchase types.
We now use Autoentry in conjunction with Xero as a document processing function.

Cons

Sometimes there can be small rounding issues with invoices when Xero is calculating the VAT on the invoice.

Saves Time

Reviewed on 2022/11/29

As an accounting professional, I use AutoEntry specifically for clean-ups and for clients that have bank accounts that don't connect directly to the accounting software. It cuts the hours that it takes to enter a large volume of transactions to a fraction of what it would be otherwise. It's also very affordable. I like that I can subscribe to a certain amount of credits each month or I can purchase just the amount that I need.

Pros

I'm able to take a stack of bank statements and upload them all very quickly and then come back in an hour or so and it's all ready to download in a csv that I can then upload directly to the accounting software. This makes it easy to add everything to the accounting software and saves me so much time.

Cons

Nothing, I love this software for the specific purpose that it serves and I can't think of anything that I would add or change.

Hiten

Huge time saver on entry and reduced purchase invoice duplication and errors

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

Overall, hugely improved the supplier invoice process, easy to use.
Resolved duplicate invoices...

Overall, hugely improved the supplier invoice process, easy to use.
Resolved duplicate invoices being entered and saved the company time and money.
Massive time saver on employee expenses entry as each individual submits their own expense and is easy to check and approve.

Pros

Integration with sage was seamless, setting up myself was a doddle and customer service is great as issues get resolved quickly. Huge time saver as we no longer have to use sage batches and also didn't need to have a separate screen to view the PDF invoices on entry as it's all in one screen on autoentry. One of the best features is viewing the invoice directly on sage using the onedrive link. Before this, we had to search the supplier repository on the server. It also helped reduce errors as it detects duplicates, autodetects the supplier and has a learning feature too.

Cons

Can be slow at times and if not used for a few days, the service needs to be restarted. This results in invoices getting stuck until the service is refreshed, however as long as it's used constantly this can be avoided.

Claire
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great - when it works. Poor customer service

Reviewed on 2022/06/15

Will vote with my subscription - looking for an alternative as we speak

Will vote with my subscription - looking for an alternative as we speak

Pros

When it works its great.
Saves time when it works.
My issue is that it only works 50% of the time

Cons

We have problems monthly which is costly and time consuming as invoices are either not processed or they do not integrate. Customer service do not offer any real help. Visited their stand at Accountex to complain and was assured someone would contact me - still waiting for that call!

• Industry: Accounting

Good, but could do with improvement

Reviewed on 2017/12/01

Pros

Once it has learned where things need to be posted it can make very quick work of posting invoices. Also is very accurate with bank statements (taking pdf and creating a csv from it).

Cons

Very slow upload times, connection from AutoEntry to Quickbooks can sometimes cause differences in what what entered in Auto Entry, if it can't read a bank statement there is no notification it simply just doesn't appear.

Ajay

Ease of Use - Autoentry

Reviewed on 2020/12/29

Auto entry allows me to have more free time using their software as data entry becomes a lot faster.

Pros

The best features are ease of use of the software with Sage Professional - Line 50. It is easy to use and very helpful when inputting Sales Invoices or Purchase invoices via autoentry. Saves a huge amount of time in inputting the info into sage.

Cons

As with all software, there seems to be small amounts of bugs in the integration between autoentry and Sage which are being dealt with.

Tom

Great bridge between analogue and digital

Reviewed on 2017/11/30

Pros

We use this system to quickly and accurately transfer paper based or PDF documents to Xero.

We are long term users of Receipt Bank for purchase invoice processing where clients are interfacing with the app but use this system heavily for bank statements (where clients are unable or willing to give access to bank accounts or download .csv formats) and sales invoices.

The system has an advantage over Receipt Bank for clients that require more detail on invoice processing as the system will extract data line by line if required.

Support is always given quickly and accurately.

Cons

We have encountered few problems with the system

Pricing is always a consideration especially where your staff have got excess capacity but in my experience this is far cheaper than paying staff to do a tedious job

Elena
Elena

A life saver

Reviewed on 2017/12/13

Pros

This app is simply brilliant, not only it allows me to reduce massively the amount of time I have to spent doing data entry, unlike the previous app of this kind that could only process purchases and expenses Auto entry also process sales and more importantly Bank Statements.
User friendly and very accurate their AI is very well tuned in even recognizing different scenarios for the same supplier and suggesting entries accordingly.
A perfect way to cut down on time consuming tasks and use the time for more important aspects of bookkeeping and accounting

Cons

I find turnover time to sometimes take a bit too long so that means I have to plan ahead when to process the information and that makes the app not as useful if you have a last minute job landing on your desk

Karen

No free trial offered

Reviewed on 2022/03/01

100% negative

100% negative

Pros

Auto entry was not able to work with inventory or departmental accounting.

Cons

I have several businesses with different needs and I was never offered a free trial, however, when I finally accepted the sales call, they would not let me off the call until my card was processed for payment. Then when I tried the system and it did not work for my customers, I am still waiting for my credit. I expected immediate upload of documents, however that is not the case. Training is a week apart.

Response from Sage

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review. We would love to discuss this in more detail. Please email me directly or go to the blue chat bubble on the bottom right of the screen and ask for an account manager. I would be more than happy to discuss this

Haresh
Haresh
  • Industry: Accounting

Excellent, easy to use software, massive help to the business.

Reviewed on 2017/08/01

Pros

It is a very simple to use. I would go as far as to say you don't even need the training webinar! But do watch it as I only use AutoEntry for bank statements conversion. A lot of our clients send their bank statements in a pdf format but with AutoEntry we can convert these into CSV files in less than a day! We then upload them onto our accounting software which is much quicker than entering every transaction. I would recommend this to everyone.

Cons

Pages that are not bank statements are charged to remove. This is not a big issue but monthly bank statements usually have a cover page at the beginning and a fines page at the end. Over time this will accumulate. Maybe this charge can be removed in the future.

Josh
  • Industry: Import & Export

Reviewed on 2022/06/28

Pros

The ease of use of the software is great and along with its inegration with Xero this makes AutoEntry a key piece of software for our business.

Cons

There is very little not to like about the software - there are occasional issues with the data transfer and having to reconnect to Xero but this doesnt happen often.

• Used for 1+ year

Moving expenses to Quickbooks in a fast convenient way

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

Pros

Its easy to integrate with Quickbooks. There's a lot of time saved than manually entering them. You just have to scan, enter in a few different fields, and you're done. It saves the use a lot of time. It is also very affordable compared to other competitors on the market.

Cons

Everything is done manually, so even though its fast there are no shortcuts at the moment. There can sometimes be errors with the numbers that get entered into the software, but they don't happen a lot. Otherwise its a quick and easy process to upload items.

Zoe
Zoe

Auto Entry

Reviewed on 2017/08/02

Pros

I'd only used Receipt Bank prior to being introduced to Auto Entry. Being limited to just purchase invoices, it was refreshing to have the option to upload not only purchase invoices but sales invoices and bank statements. It is very easy to use, processes information in a timely manner and syncs directly to Xero to aid with the bookkeeping process. When support is needed I get a quick and helpful response.

Cons

The main issue relates to the notification of credit usage. Using the app daily does mean I keep on top of it but would be helpful to have some form of notification of credits left at any given time.

Xero Is Great!!

Reviewed on 2017/12/20

Pros

Pros
Can receive documents from many sources (web upload, smartphone app, email)
Is actually accurate when capturing data
Can handle multiple line items
Can handle multiple document types (PDF, JPG, GIF, DOC)
Can handle multiple taxes
Easy to edit transactions
Easy to batch re-categorize transactions
Easy to organize documents/transactions
Has fine grained control over how data is pushed to accounting software
Contacts, accounts, and taxes are synced with accounting software
Two-way transaction sync between accounting software and it
Handles duplicates in a smart way