Sandbox Software Reviews

Sandbox Software

Child Care Management Software

4.9/5 (51 reviews)

I knew immediately that I liked Sandbox from the demo because it was so easy to use!

Reviewed on 2/6/2019

Overall, Sandbox has been very intuitive and easy to use. It's great to have the platform online and in an app so it's always accessible. I've been very happy with Sandbox so far!

Pros

Sandbox has been very easy to use, and luckily I have not had a lot of questions or issues. But, I would say what I like most about Sandbox so far is the Customer Service. The old software I was using would require several phone calls, lots of time on hold, and a lot of work-arounds to get things done. My experience with Sandbox has been the opposite! The representatives have been available and helpful! They call back whenever I call them- even if I haven't left a message. The online chat feature has also been helpful for quick questions!

Cons

So far, I would say I have liked the billing features the least in Sandbox. We are currently set up to bill families by day, and that has been the only task that has become more time consuming since switch to Sandbox. Getting all of the various schedules, snow day credits, and fees to be applied correctly has been pretty tedious and manual. We are considering switching to a flat-rate monthly fee which I do think would help alleviate some of these issues, as it seems that's what the system is designed to do.

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for the awesome review! We are sorry to hear that you find some of billing tasks to be time consuming. Sandbox handles many complex billing scenarios, and this is normally one of our strengths, however depending on your specific needs, this may not be the case for your center. That being said, we'd love to hear what your current needs are to see if there is a better way that you could be doing it in Sandbox or how we can improve our billing capabilities in the future. Please feel free to contact our team at [email protected] so that we can assist you further!

Love it! Simple to use and the app makes it easy to sign children in and out.

Reviewed on 10/18/2018

Support has been helpful with questions which make it extremely user friendly. Much appreciated!

Pros

Customization reports, leaving notes for families, printing enrollment, customizable

Cons

Sometimes we have blended families, and the contacts for one child are not the same as the other child, it would be nice to have a click box to add emergency contacts as they may not be same. Add description to profile, height/ weight/ eyes/ hair required for licensing. spot for staff PHN on their profile (emergency cards)

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Angela,

Thanks for the raving review and the great feedback! A member from our support team will contact you to learn more about your issue with blended families.

Review after using software for almost 2 years

Reviewed on 11/9/2018

Overall, very pleased with the software...

Pros

the biggest time saver for us is in invoicing and billing...saves time, easy to use, quick to process.

Record keeping for family profiles is also very good and easy to use.

Cons

For the staff time clock, the inability to add shifts for staff to compare to their actual time worked, then auto calculating their hours worked is something that could be added to save time...we still have to manually check their hours worked against their assigned shifts.

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the great review! We are happy to hear that Sandbox is saving you time and that you find it easy to use. Staff scheduling is something we are looking to add in the future, so stay tuned!

It has been great. Customer service is top notch!

Reviewed on 4/27/2018

Pros

Ease of use, value, continual addition of features. The customer service team goes above and beyond to help!

Cons

I would like to see some new options for student reports, or printable student profile pages for teachers to keep in child file.

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Suzannah,

We are happy to hear your great feedback about Sandbox! You will be happy to hear we are working on building out our reports section and someone from our support team will be contacting you for more details about your request.

We use the family, billing, staffing, dashboards and reports sections to the fullest!

Reviewed on 11/22/2017

Pros

Very user friendly, allowing you to easily navigate through the software . We also love the Admin and Attendance Reports.

Cons

1. Sandbox is not compatible with the regions waiting list.
2. Would like to be able to send group emails to families from Sandbox and not have to use and not be directed to outlook.

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Bonnie, Thanks for the great feedback! A member from our team will contact you to discuss your waiting list and group email requests. Have a great day!

Very well lay out easy to use

Reviewed on 6/7/2017

My childcare runs smoothly and I have access to all files all the time! I would like to use it more but I have Hi Mama for programming for my educators. it would be good to have this as an access in sandbox.
I really love the look of the program it's it so simple but has covered many administration issues for me.

Pros

Sandbox is a very good software company The customer service is great, the product is very user friendly I can access it from any computer and do my work anywhere

Cons

childcare curriculums should be a available for Input in children's daily reports and for documentation of play This should be the next stage for the software company

We have been using Sandbox for a few years now and all the new upgrading has helped us.

Reviewed on 8/8/2017

Pros

The data is easily obtained for reporting.

Cons

It would be nice if we could start documenting and placing pictures of the children in Sandbox for the parents to view.

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for providing your feedback! You can post photos and updates for parents with our Parent Portal. Drop us a line at [email protected] and our team will help you set it up.

Over all very happy with Sandbox!

Reviewed on 6/4/2018

Pros

Online availability, parent interaction, attendance, and staff tracking. Its been great. Making it work with my billing process has been a challenge but Customer service is always ready and willing to help.

Cons

Staff cannot access time sheets for the week to see how many hours they have worked. More customization options of reports. Parents cant put money on their account without a invoice. Food service meal tracking!! No keyboard shortcuts. Wish there was an app for parents. I promise I love the product. These are just my wish list. :)

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Brooke,

Thanks for the feedback and the great review! We have added your requests to our feature request list and we will will notify you if these features are added in.

My experience has been amazing since day one! Sandbox has amazing customer support. They are always

Reviewed on 2/19/2019

Overall Sandbox has become an invaluable tool for our childcare center! We are able to tackle billing like never before. I also use Sandbox to track important information for our staff aswell!

Pros

The thing I like most about Sandbox is their customer support. I love that I'm able to start a conversation via messaging and work out any issue or question I may have live. Messaging is a great tool because I don't have to tie up our phone line and I'm still able to multi task!

Cons

Billing and subsidy were a little difficult to learn and navigate. But their support team was wonderful and set up private training to be sure I got a handle on things.

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for the awesome review!

Overall I've been happy that I switched from Bright Wheel to Sandbox.

Reviewed on 4/4/2018

The software has helped us organize the 150 children we currently have registered at Tip Top Child Development Center in Las Vegas. As a 24 hour facility, we have multiple shifts that all need to be trained and the implementation has gone smooth. The accounting system has helped us keep up on billing and has improved our cash flow. I highly recommend any center to use this software.

Pros

The reports are a gold mine of information. The software has been easy to learn and to train employees. I've embedded the online registration on our website to make it easy for new parents to get started. The app has made it easy to communicate with parents and see information about the children. I'm looking forward to the parent portal app!

Cons

There needs to be a pay invoice button on the invoice page rather than going into each family account. Employees should automatically be checked out at 11:59pm.

Response from Sandbox Software

Thanks for your awesome review and the great feedback! We have added the pay invoice option and automatic time out to our feature request list.

Great for our Summer Camp!

Reviewed on 10/23/2018

Made our summer much easier, no more spreadsheets!

Pros

Online customer registration. Online customer payments. Quick and easy reports and communication with parents.

Cons

We found thay we could not produce the exact reports we required. Medical lists were not as easy to compile as we had hoped ie allergy lists for each class.

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Sheryl,

Thanks for the great feedback! We are looking to add customizable reports in the future, however, in the meantime we can add these to our feature requests. Please contact our support team at [email protected] to share these requests.

Title: So far nothing but positive!

Reviewed on 6/7/2018

none

Pros

Neat, clean, clear. Sandbox has always been extremely helpful anytime I have needed them! The support staff is amazing and so friendly!

Cons

Still a few things I would like to see changed. For us we must go by expiration date on the immunization forms not each one listed out. I do like the alert when something is due!

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Sandy,

We appreciate your awesome review and feedback! A member from our support team will be contacting you to discuss your immunization request further.

Easy to use and I can go anywhere and work!!

Reviewed on 12/10/2016

I really like to use Sandbox because it is my personal file cabinet, take home and work anywhere program. I would like to suggest and area for curriculum planning and documentation where several curriculum models can be used at the same time, and area for child development documentation and or a possible merge with Hi Mama that way my fee can be lower.

Pros

I like how it is easy to use and is accessible anywhere I go.

Cons

It needs a curriculum and planning and documentation tool.

We love it!

Reviewed on 8/8/2017

Pros

Very comprehensive product in terms of how many features it has. The only thing we would want that isn't there is lead tracking for when we have families come in and we do tours. We are using Hubspot, but it's not geared towards the childcare process, so it's adapted. Would love for it all to be in one place.

Cons

No lead tracking, the app isn't available yet.

Also, the parents weren't prompted with a guide to fill in everything in the parent portal when they were given access. It would have been helpful to have this.

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Erika,

Thanks for the great feedback! You will be happy to hear that we are releasing our new Teacher app for iOS and Android devices at the end of this week. We have also added lead tracking to our requested features list to be reviewed by our development team.

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 2/14/2017

We have only been on the Sandbox system for about 4 months and our experience with sandbox has been fantastic so far. The Account team (Gavin) and Support team (Kefsere) have been great to be work with. They have been very responsive and accommodating in all aspects, which has led to a great experience so far. Keep up the good work!

Pros

Ability to manage all back-office elements of running a Montessori school and providing powerful reporting.

Cons

Not really a con, however, would be really nice to have an mobile app for iPhones. Would make the user interface much better to look rather than the full website.

Customer service and support has been outstanding !

Reviewed on 9/8/2018

Pros

Ease-of-use, real time data for multiple centers and the unlimited customer support. We look forward to growing into this program.

Cons

We are on able to create specific user reports from user data instead of tags.

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the awesome review and the helpful feedback!

EXCELLENT software and EVEN BETTER customer service!

Reviewed on 12/16/2015

WOW, I would have never thought software could be this easy! Sandbox has made their product SO user friendly, fast, and efficient! I can get the exact information I need saved easily, and it's a cinch to generate reports for administrative purposes and future planning.

I have been especially impressed with their customer service. There were a couple of minor tweaks we wished to have in the software, which I offhand shared with our rep. Sandbox made these changes *JUST FOR US*. I would have NEVER expected that. They are have been proactive in calling to check in on any issues we have run into.

They have fantastic expansion plans on the horizon which will make this software even better than it already is!

If you are looking for a heavy and clunky software with every option under the sun, you've come to the wrong place. This software is new, looks great on every device you use, and offers all the (simple) features we wanted to find. I am excited to continue a relationship with this company and see what growth they have!

Keep up the great work, Sandbox!

I ABSOLUTLY LOVE THIS PROGRAM!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2018

This program meet and exceeds all of my childcare needs!

Pros

Customer service is excellent! I recommend to everyone in the childcare business in my area!

Cons

There are no cons! I love everything about it!

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for the awesome review!

Great so far!

Reviewed on 10/11/2018

Pros

So far easy to use and great customer support!

Cons

So far we have not had problems with the software that support can't help us with

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Jill,

We are happy to hear that you are enjoying our software and customer support. Thanks for the great review!

I really love the ease of use and the time clock feature

Reviewed on 5/9/2017

Pros

My parents are clocking in and out daily and that saves me paper and time.

Cons

I would love to see a ledger added to add receipts for spending. This will help my end of year reporting.

Excellent Product!

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 10/11/2018

Pros

Sandbox is an excellent product. It simple to use. The UI is very good, and intuitive to use, and has a nice look and feel. The layout of the .pdf reports is very good. Customizable reports would be a great and welcome addition.

Cons

Cannot Customize Reports - But still a great product!

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the great review! We are looking to add Customizable Reports in the future and you will notified by our team once this has been added to Sandbox.

This software had helped me run my daycare and saved me valuable time!

Reviewed on 11/19/2018

Pros

The check in/out system is easy to use and helps me with my billing.

Cons

Have not found anything I don't like. I look forward to having an ap for parents to use.

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Tracie,

Thanks for the great review!

We LOVE Sandbox and have been a user for 2 months now.

Reviewed on 8/10/2017

Pros

Simplicity and Great Customer Service ... The support staff is unbelievably knowledgable and always available. After tracking tuition with Excel spreadsheets and reports from our credit card company for 125 students and still having discrepancies to reconcile, Sandbox allows us to manage the school rather than the school manage us.

Cons

We would love to see custom reporting added to Sandbox!

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the awesome feedback! You will be happy to know that customizable reports is already in development and you will be notified when the free upgrade is available.

I wish I would have known about Sandbox earlier!

Reviewed on 5/2/2018

It makes my accounting part of my business so much easier!

Pros

Very Easy to use, affordable, love the cloud based software and that I am able to access it where ever I have access to a device. Sandbox has made tremendously helped me stay organized and has made the business side of my childcare business so much easier.

Cons

I would like to be able to have the option to integrate tracking expenses, but other than that there are no cons.

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Reneece, Thanks for the awesome review! Our support team will be contacting you to learn more about your expense tracking request.

We have been extremely pleased with Sandbox.

Reviewed on 7/10/2017

Our families have really enjoyed the timeclock feature, much more streamlined than paper sign ins and really steps it up in regards to the professionalism of our school.
A truly intuitive program!

Pros

I am amazed at how simple the system is to use and to navigate, it has drastically reduced administrative time and increased data management across the board. We have been well supported throughout our trial and launching period.

Cons

Quickbooks integration would be a nice addition.