Sandbox Software Reviews

Sandbox Software

Child Care Management Software

4.9/5 (60 reviews)
Hannah S.

I knew immediately that I liked Sandbox from the demo because it was so easy to use!

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

Overall, Sandbox has been very intuitive and easy to use. It's great to have the platform online and in an app so it's always accessible. I've been very happy with Sandbox so far!

Pros

Sandbox has been very easy to use, and luckily I have not had a lot of questions or issues. But, I would say what I like most about Sandbox so far is the Customer Service. The old software I was using would require several phone calls, lots of time on hold, and a lot of work-arounds to get things done. My experience with Sandbox has been the opposite! The representatives have been available and helpful! They call back whenever I call them- even if I haven't left a message. The online chat feature has also been helpful for quick questions!

Cons

So far, I would say I have liked the billing features the least in Sandbox. We are currently set up to bill families by day, and that has been the only task that has become more time consuming since switch to Sandbox. Getting all of the various schedules, snow day credits, and fees to be applied correctly has been pretty tedious and manual. We are considering switching to a flat-rate monthly fee which I do think would help alleviate some of these issues, as it seems that's what the system is designed to do.

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for the awesome review! We are sorry to hear that you find some of billing tasks to be time consuming. Sandbox handles many complex billing scenarios, and this is normally one of our strengths, however depending on your specific needs, this may not be the case for your center. That being said, we'd love to hear what your current needs are to see if there is a better way that you could be doing it in Sandbox or how we can improve our billing capabilities in the future. Please feel free to contact our team at [email protected] so that we can assist you further!

Judy C.

It makes organizing so much easier. Your staff has been very helpful

Reviewed on 2019/05/05

The staff at Sandbox has always been available to help me whenever I had questions. They are also very good at listening to suggestions from their users to help them improve the functionality of the software. They have made it very easy for us to manage all of our preschool information.

Pros

I like being able to generate reports; rosters, birthdays, and any information that I may need. I like how everyone has access to the same information.

Cons

Posting pictures and getting my teachers used to using it. Some teachers say it is too hard to post pictures through Sandbox and have continued texting parents. We would love to see Sandbox improve in this area and make posting pictures on Sandbox as easy as it is on Social Media.

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Judy,

Thanks for the awesome feedback! We are frequently releasing updates to our teacher app in order to make these daily activities easier. Stay tuned!

Molly C.

Thank you for making my job easier!

Reviewed on 2019/06/08

Pros

From the very start when we were researching software for our afterschool program, Sandbox was a standout. The cost and customer support was terrific. They were always there to answer questions and concerns regarding the right fit for our needs. Once we made our decision to use their product, the level of customer support has never changed!

Cons

Can't think of a thing! This software delivers everything we have needed!

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Molly,

Thanks for taking the time to leave this awesome review! :)

Angela B.

Love it! Simple to use and the app makes it easy to sign children in and out.

Reviewed on 2018/10/18

Support has been helpful with questions which make it extremely user friendly. Much appreciated!

Pros

Customization reports, leaving notes for families, printing enrollment, customizable

Cons

Sometimes we have blended families, and the contacts for one child are not the same as the other child, it would be nice to have a click box to add emergency contacts as they may not be same. Add description to profile, height/ weight/ eyes/ hair required for licensing. spot for staff PHN on their profile (emergency cards)

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Angela,

Thanks for the raving review and the great feedback! A member from our support team will contact you to learn more about your issue with blended families.

Richard B.

Review after using software for almost 2 years

Reviewed on 2018/11/09

Overall, very pleased with the software...

Pros

the biggest time saver for us is in invoicing and billing...saves time, easy to use, quick to process.

Record keeping for family profiles is also very good and easy to use.

Cons

For the staff time clock, the inability to add shifts for staff to compare to their actual time worked, then auto calculating their hours worked is something that could be added to save time...we still have to manually check their hours worked against their assigned shifts.

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the great review! We are happy to hear that Sandbox is saving you time and that you find it easy to use. Staff scheduling is something we are looking to add in the future, so stay tuned!

Linda B.

Very positive experience

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Working with Sandbox software and their support team has been great. If you have questions, they are quick to respond and help. The software has a "very clean" and updated look, is very functional, and I don't believe there is any other software for the value they offer.

Pros

Very easy to use from the beginning. Has a lot of great features that make day to day operations a breeze. Is a super value. Their support team quickly responds to questions.

Cons

some of the reports... I like to be able to cross reference check numbers/invoice numbers especially on customer statements. The staff timesheets do not take overtime into consideration and show that time as separate from regular hours

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Linda,

Thanks for the awesome review of Sandbox and the great feedback! Our support team will be in contact with you to get more information about your report requests.

Suzannah S.

It has been great. Customer service is top notch!

Reviewed on 2018/04/27

Pros

Ease of use, value, continual addition of features. The customer service team goes above and beyond to help!

Cons

I would like to see some new options for student reports, or printable student profile pages for teachers to keep in child file.

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Suzannah,

We are happy to hear your great feedback about Sandbox! You will be happy to hear we are working on building out our reports section and someone from our support team will be contacting you for more details about your request.

Bonnie A.

We use the family, billing, staffing, dashboards and reports sections to the fullest!

Reviewed on 2017/11/22

Pros

Very user friendly, allowing you to easily navigate through the software . We also love the Admin and Attendance Reports.

Cons

1. Sandbox is not compatible with the regions waiting list.
2. Would like to be able to send group emails to families from Sandbox and not have to use and not be directed to outlook.

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Bonnie, Thanks for the great feedback! A member from our team will contact you to discuss your waiting list and group email requests. Have a great day!

Vanessa K.

Very well lay out easy to use

Reviewed on 2017/06/07

My childcare runs smoothly and I have access to all files all the time! I would like to use it more but I have Hi Mama for programming for my educators. it would be good to have this as an access in sandbox.
I really love the look of the program it's it so simple but has covered many administration issues for me.

Pros

Sandbox is a very good software company The customer service is great, the product is very user friendly I can access it from any computer and do my work anywhere

Cons

childcare curriculums should be a available for Input in children's daily reports and for documentation of play This should be the next stage for the software company

Jennifer J.

I have tried several programs over the years and for our camp Sandbox is the BEST!

Reviewed on 2019/07/03

Sandbox Saves more time than any of the childcare manager programs we have used over the past 12 years.

Pros

Children's scheduling and parent ability to schedule vacation days. This is life changing for us!

Cons

Would LOVE for parents to be able to add days to their child's schedule in the portal.

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for taking the time to leave this awesome review! You will be happy to hear that we are looking into adding scheduling options for the parents in the future.

Michelle T.

We have been using Sandbox for a few years now and all the new upgrading has helped us.

Reviewed on 2017/08/08

Pros

The data is easily obtained for reporting.

Cons

It would be nice if we could start documenting and placing pictures of the children in Sandbox for the parents to view.

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for providing your feedback! You can post photos and updates for parents with our Parent Portal. Drop us a line at [email protected] and our team will help you set it up.

Brooke W.

Over all very happy with Sandbox!

Reviewed on 2018/06/04

Pros

Online availability, parent interaction, attendance, and staff tracking. Its been great. Making it work with my billing process has been a challenge but Customer service is always ready and willing to help.

Cons

Staff cannot access time sheets for the week to see how many hours they have worked. More customization options of reports. Parents cant put money on their account without a invoice. Food service meal tracking!! No keyboard shortcuts. Wish there was an app for parents. I promise I love the product. These are just my wish list. :)

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Brooke,

Thanks for the feedback and the great review! We have added your requests to our feature request list and we will will notify you if these features are added in.

Samantha H.

My experience has been amazing since day one! Sandbox has amazing customer support. They are always

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Overall Sandbox has become an invaluable tool for our childcare center! We are able to tackle billing like never before. I also use Sandbox to track important information for our staff aswell!

Pros

The thing I like most about Sandbox is their customer support. I love that I'm able to start a conversation via messaging and work out any issue or question I may have live. Messaging is a great tool because I don't have to tie up our phone line and I'm still able to multi task!

Cons

Billing and subsidy were a little difficult to learn and navigate. But their support team was wonderful and set up private training to be sure I got a handle on things.

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for the awesome review!

Cindy M.

Sandbox is very user friendly and your service has been very good.

Reviewed on 2019/05/22

Our overall experience with Sandbox Childcare Management has been excellent and we are very happy with the software and service.

Pros

The ability to add children and siblings easily and to look children up on any family name. (Children do not always have the same name as one of the parents)

Cons

You are unable to easily forecast the future rooms availability.

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for the great review! We love to hear customer feedback and our support team will follow up with you to see if we can show you how Sandbox can help you forecast room openings.

Overall I've been happy that I switched from Bright Wheel to Sandbox.

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

The software has helped us organize the 150 children we currently have registered at Tip Top Child Development Center in Las Vegas. As a 24 hour facility, we have multiple shifts that all need to be trained and the implementation has gone smooth. The accounting system has helped us keep up on billing and has improved our cash flow. I highly recommend any center to use this software.

Pros

The reports are a gold mine of information. The software has been easy to learn and to train employees. I've embedded the online registration on our website to make it easy for new parents to get started. The app has made it easy to communicate with parents and see information about the children. I'm looking forward to the parent portal app!

Cons

There needs to be a pay invoice button on the invoice page rather than going into each family account. Employees should automatically be checked out at 11:59pm.

Response from Sandbox Software

Thanks for your awesome review and the great feedback! We have added the pay invoice option and automatic time out to our feature request list.

Sara P.

Everything has been great!

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

Pros

Software is very user-friendly; simple to learn on your own.

Cons

There are some confusing settings with the billing feature.

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Sara,

Thanks for the awesome review! If you need additional help with the billing section, please contact our team at [email protected]

Sheryl B.

Great for our Summer Camp!

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Made our summer much easier, no more spreadsheets!

Pros

Online customer registration. Online customer payments. Quick and easy reports and communication with parents.

Cons

We found thay we could not produce the exact reports we required. Medical lists were not as easy to compile as we had hoped ie allergy lists for each class.

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Sheryl,

Thanks for the great feedback! We are looking to add customizable reports in the future, however, in the meantime we can add these to our feature requests. Please contact our support team at [email protected] to share these requests.

Sandy J.

Title: So far nothing but positive!

Reviewed on 2018/06/07

none

Pros

Neat, clean, clear. Sandbox has always been extremely helpful anytime I have needed them! The support staff is amazing and so friendly!

Cons

Still a few things I would like to see changed. For us we must go by expiration date on the immunization forms not each one listed out. I do like the alert when something is due!

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Sandy,

We appreciate your awesome review and feedback! A member from our support team will be contacting you to discuss your immunization request further.

Vanessa K.

Easy to use and I can go anywhere and work!!

Reviewed on 2016/12/10

I really like to use Sandbox because it is my personal file cabinet, take home and work anywhere program. I would like to suggest and area for curriculum planning and documentation where several curriculum models can be used at the same time, and area for child development documentation and or a possible merge with Hi Mama that way my fee can be lower.

Pros

I like how it is easy to use and is accessible anywhere I go.

Cons

It needs a curriculum and planning and documentation tool.

Edward M.

My overall experience with sandbox is great!

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

Pros

I like the ability to track the children and staff from anywhere.

Cons

There is no way to design daily reports for a specific age group.

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Edward,

We appreciate your great review and the feedback. We are looking to make some major enhancements to our daily logs section in the near future so stay tuned!

Karina E.

Always answers my questions right away!

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

Pros

I really like the customer support. It is great!

Cons

I am still waiting for the parent app. It has been affecting my communication with parents. The parent portal is not enough.

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Karina,

Thanks for taking the time to share this great feedback with us. We really focus on providing an awesome experience for our customers. You will be happy to hear that our Parent App is in the final stages of BETA testing and just weeks away from our official launch. :)

Erika S.

We love it!

Reviewed on 2017/08/08

Pros

Very comprehensive product in terms of how many features it has. The only thing we would want that isn't there is lead tracking for when we have families come in and we do tours. We are using Hubspot, but it's not geared towards the childcare process, so it's adapted. Would love for it all to be in one place.

Cons

No lead tracking, the app isn't available yet.

Also, the parents weren't prompted with a guide to fill in everything in the parent portal when they were given access. It would have been helpful to have this.

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Erika,

Thanks for the great feedback! You will be happy to hear that we are releasing our new Teacher app for iOS and Android devices at the end of this week. We have also added lead tracking to our requested features list to be reviewed by our development team.

Mohsin S.

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 2017/02/14

We have only been on the Sandbox system for about 4 months and our experience with sandbox has been fantastic so far. The Account team (Gavin) and Support team (Kefsere) have been great to be work with. They have been very responsive and accommodating in all aspects, which has led to a great experience so far. Keep up the good work!

Pros

Ability to manage all back-office elements of running a Montessori school and providing powerful reporting.

Cons

Not really a con, however, would be really nice to have an mobile app for iPhones. Would make the user interface much better to look rather than the full website.

Krystal O.

The support staff is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

It's great to have a platform that handles all things related to child care.

Pros

They are constantly adding features which is great - we feel like they really listen to us as customers!

Cons

Inability for parents to reply to newsfeed posts.

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Krystal,

Thanks for the amazing review and the awesome feedback!

Kevin L.

Customer service and support has been outstanding !

Reviewed on 2018/09/08

Pros

Ease-of-use, real time data for multiple centers and the unlimited customer support. We look forward to growing into this program.

Cons

We are on able to create specific user reports from user data instead of tags.

Response from Sandbox Software

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the awesome review and the helpful feedback!