Itemize

Receipt data extraction & expense management application

4,1
4,1
John C.
Industry: Religious Institutions
Company size: Self Employed

Awesome program for those self employed

Reviewed on 2016/10/26

As a traveling evangelist, I cannot keep files with me at all times. Itemize has helped my expense tracking majorly. I can take a photo of my receipt, categorize it and move on. And, come tax season I can quickly and easily run reports for my deductions. I highly recommend it for anyone who constantly finds themselves spending hours tracking paper copies of receipts and then spending countless hours at tax season calculating. The price you pay for it is way less than you'd pay an accountant and the savings in deductions make the program pay for itself.

Response from Itemize

Thanks for the great review and we are so happy to hear you are enjoying the Itemize product! Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you ever run into any issues!

Lauren K.
Industry: Education Management

Easy to get organized

Reviewed on 2016/11/17

Love the ease of uploading receipts. Wish the interface for tagging was a little easier. I have multiple businesses. I haven't yet figured out how to categorize per business. I also haven't figured out yet how to create categories to track spending. That would be a cool addition! (Maybe that capability is already there and I just haven't found it yet.)

Pros

It is really simple and easy to upload receipts.

Cons

I want more flexibility in usage. I would like to be able to designate receipts to more than one business. I would also like to utilize this app simply as a way to track spending in categories.

Response from Itemize

Thanks for the great review! I have noted your suggestions and will send them to our development team! Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any future questions or suggestions!

Lai p R.
Industry: Hospitality

General Receipt Records

Reviewed on 2016/11/16

Use program solely for recording receipts at time & convenience of recording to expense categories is adequate for the needs. Anymore complicated than that have not explored.

Pros

Convenient at time to quickly take copy of receipts log into expense category

Cons

The system shuts down often

Response from Itemize

Thanks for the great review! I have noted your suggestions and would love additional input as to what you mean on "picking up categories off sales receipts" as our system should be identifying categories of all known merchants in our system. Please contact us at [email protected] with additional information!

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Brent B.
Industry: Environmental Services

Very easy to use and inexpensive!

Reviewed on 2016/10/26

For the most part, Itemize is exactly what I need and also my company. We are pretty small right now and the expense reports that I generate from Itemize look neat and very professional. I would like to see a larger camera area because I always have to use widescreen function all the time to make sure I capture the entire image but it's definitely not a deal killer. I'd definitely recommend Itemize for your expense reporting. I've used other products that cost more in the past and you don't get what you pay for like you do with Itemize!

Pros

1. Ease of use
2. Cost to features ratio
3. Professional looking
4. I like the fact it pulls receipts from my email and automatically inserts them.
5. Can complete my entire expense report on my I phone

Cons

1. Would like to learn more about the camera feature. I've had to retake receipt photos because it didn't capture the whole image like it seemed.

Response from Itemize

Thanks for the great review! Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] for future any suggestions or questions you may have!

Christopher S.
Industry: Construction

Great way to save time and money

Reviewed on 2016/11/02

We utilize itemize for our construction receipts and it has worked great to save time from getting the information easily from the field to the office. This was well worth the investment.

Pros

The easy user interface that accurately codes all of our receipts and POs.

Cons

We really wish that the software could export information directly into Quick books Contractor version.

Response from Itemize

Thanks for the great review! We will look at the Quickbooks Contractor version and see how we can better integrate with that software. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any future questions or suggestions!

Joshua W.
Industry: Insurance
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Love it, great app and value

Reviewed on 2016/11/02

Works great my only recommendation is snap your receipt asap. Don't let them pile up. I've found if you let the receipt get worn it is hard to read.

Pros

Good recognition

Response from Itemize

Thanks for the great review! Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any future questions or suggestions!

Great app for personal & business receipt organization and expense management

Reviewed on 2016/05/03

This is a great app for anyone needing anything from simple organization of expenses and budgeting up to team expense reimbursement and reporting. You can use the iOS/Android app or their website. A number of new features have been added over the past few months, including integrations with accounting tools, and I have not yet tried everything.

And nothing beats their turnaround on processing paper receipts. I get mine back, fully processed, about 15 seconds after I snap a picture in the app!

Pros

Near real-time digitizing of paper receipts snapped in the app -- instant gratification (& feedback).
Great reports, with filters to allow specific selections/filters.
Expense reports that show clean images along with tabular data layout.
Reasonable cost.
Fast.

Response from Itemize Corp.

Dean M.
Industry: Construction

Good program

Reviewed on 2016/10/11

We've been using this app for a while and upgraded to the full version. It's been a mostly solid app that is flexible. Tech support is good. It's helped us keep better track of spending.

Pros

Easy to use and flexible.

Cons

Get A bit buggy sometimes and doesn't always recognized vendors.

Christian H.
Industry: Design

Saves Time & Money!

Reviewed on 2020/03/01

Itemize works great and has saved a lot of time and money for me.

Pros

Itemize has been beyond wonderful for tracking my expenses. I can easily do it on my phone and computer so its super easy to organize my receipts.

Cons

I do wish the mobile app has more features to it for sorting receipts but we are still pleased with it.

Mark F.
Industry: Automotive

GREAT TOTAL BUSINESS RECEIPTS

Reviewed on 2016/10/26

So far , this program works great, with easy functionality. I keep track of business expenses and know what I am spending. Thank you Itemize

Pros

EASY TO USE AND KEEPING TRACK OF ITEMS IN CASE OF IRS AUDITS

Cons

how TO RECEIVE EMAILS WITH COPIES OF RECEIPTS

Response from Itemize

Thanks for the great review! Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] for any problems or suggestions you may have!

Armin M.

I love the Itemize App

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

Overall, made my life much easier and would recommend to anyone who wants to personally use it.

Pros

I use Itemize personally and it has made my life much easier.

Cons

What I like the least is that sometimes the app is lagging, at least on my phone but I understand this can be normal with any app.

Scott P.
Industry: Entertainment

Best Expense Tracker I have found

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

This has really helped me out tremendously keeping receipts straight / assigned to the correct job and printing professional looking expense reports.

Pros

The best thing is the camera capture and OCR, you take a photo, it automatically loads into the app and starts to extract the data. I would say that 8.5-9 times of 10 the data extraction is prefect, yes every once in a while you need to clarify some data points, but I think that's to be expected with these type of application.

Cons

Logging into the website.. Sometimes its easier to work on the full website to modify / print large reports, but the login portal isn't the easiest to find.

Fayez K.
Industry: Financial Services

Use it every day

Reviewed on 2016/11/16

I use this app every day. Business receipts. Personal. Dinner. The search of restaurant and gas stations. Sometimes crashes and lags but I use this app every day

Pros

Easy to use. Organize your receipts and always be able to go back and see image of that receipt

Cons

Sometimes crashes

Response from Itemize

Thanks for the great review! I have noted your crashed and will send them to our development team! Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any future questions or suggestions!

Christopher H.
Industry: Financial Services

Itemize Makes Tracking Expenses Easy and Fun

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Pros

The interface is easy and intuitive, the upload and processing speeds are fast, and the accuracy is fantastic.

Cons

While I do not have any major complaints, the ability to capture tips is inconsistent, although that may be more due to my handwriting. However, filling that in manually is easy.

Karen H.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Itemize - My lifesaver!

Reviewed on 2016/10/11

This app is seriously the easiest and most convenient receipt tracking software I have used. No more lost receipts or having to keep annoying little bits of paper and my accountant is VERY pleased with me now too. Thank you Itemize!!

Pros

Convenience and accuracy

Cons

I haven't haven't come across anything I don't like yet.

Heather D.

Have used this product for a couple years to keep my receipts organized and very easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/05/05

Pros

Ease of use and simple to navigate. Not time consuming in order to get my receipts organized and imputed into the system especially if it is a long receipt that you do not think the system will be able to accurately read and upload

Cons

Having to pay a fee monthly, that it sometimes does not recognize the name of some of the major stores off the receipt

Thaddeus P.
Industry: Real Estate
Company size: Self Employed

Simply excellent and a time saver!!!!!!

Reviewed on 2016/10/27

Been using this almost a year and love it!! Saves me a lot of time and the fee is well worth the value of being so organized for my business at tax time! Totally awesome! Hope they can integrate it to quicken soon as well!!!!

Pros

Saves me considerable time
And the images have been accepted at some retail stores for returns!

Cons

Does not integrate with quicken rental properties for me so I have to transfer totals myself for that software

Response from Itemize

Thanks so much for the great review! If you ever have any suggestions or questions in the future please reach out to us at [email protected]

Ted D.
Industry: Photography

Fast, Accurate, & Automated Expense Tool

Reviewed on 2016/10/11

The Itemize app has been the best expense tracker I've come across. I can just snap a picture of my paper receipt, and in less than 30 seconds all the important expense info has been accurately captured. Did I mention, I only had to snap a photo? No manual entry!

Has been great in helping me track monthly spend and keeping all paper and digital documents in one place. I finally feel organized!

Alan S.
Industry: Medical Practice

Overall, not bad.

Reviewed on 2016/10/26

Does what it needs to do for my company but could be a bit more accurate. Seems a bit slow or sluggish in load, searching.

Pros

that it saves all my receipts

Cons

Slow to load, process, reports are not good

Response from Itemize

Thanks for the great review and we are so happy to hear you are enjoying the Itemize product! As with any automatic process, servers can be slower during peak hours but we are working to improve the speed and are comparatively faster than most apps in this market. Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you ever run into any issues!

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Jennifer H.

Itemize has saved me hours & hours of time working on expense reports and receipts!!

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

It is easy to use and affordable. It is the only app I have found that meets all my needs. It actually exceeded my expectations, the report function is something I didn't think I needed until I used it on Itemize.

Cons

I have a hard time finding a con on this app but I guess the only thing is that sometimes the photos of receipts are a little fuzzy.

Jason C.

Great App for Tracking Expenses

Reviewed on 2016/10/26

Itemize is quick and easy and allows me to track my receipts almost effortlessly. I highly recommend to any business owner.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to quickly save info from my receipts.

Cons

Camera doesn't always pick up the info from the receipt and I have to key it in manually.

Miguel G.
Industry: Entertainment

Know on what are you using your money.

Reviewed on 2019/11/29

Sometimes you just buy a lot of things thinking you get a great deal, but afterwards you know it wasn't the case, you just wasted a lot of money without realizing, itemize will let you know how much have you been using and on what exactly, if you are trying to cut expenses, this is a nice app.

Pros

Itemize it's a great way to know what are you paying for and if the price is good or not, or maybe you just want to get data of all the money you are using on what you buy. All you have to do is take a photo of a receipt, and you will get all the info for all the items on it. Pretty cool, huh?

Cons

It takes a little while to load the data of the items, maybe between 10 and 30 seconds. I think it could be faster.

Richard L.

Reliable service from Itemize

Reviewed on 2016/10/27

I found the Itemize site to be very useful in keeping my expenses in order. Especially when I have to submit yearly reports to my accountant in the format he prefers.

Excellent service.

Pros

It's easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes it doesn't read the recipts accurately.

Heather C.

Overall very easy to keep track of experiences.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

Easy to use and great for staying organized with expenses. I like taking a picture of the receipts for proper storage and then having the spreadsheet option.

Cons

Sometimes isn't consistent and will change categories after they have been saved so I have to go back and save again. Don't like how tax is calculated separately.

Johnna Z.
Industry: Insurance

Love it! Keeps my expenses documented and safe until I need them.

Reviewed on 2016/10/26

Love that this app tracks and scans all my expenses. Easy to learn, use and no more boxes of fading papers!

Pros

scans and stores my important receipts for personal and business

Cons

doesn't always recognize the name of the business and I have to manually input.