Mobile Device Manager Plus

Cody H.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

Overall we are pleased and excited to utilize ManageEngine on a daily basis.

Pros

We recently implemented ManageEngine to easily manage our devices, create uniformity, and enhance security. After using the product for roughly a month now, we are very please with the results. Our team quickly embraced the idea's and have had great success. The front end interface is clutter free and customizable. The backend offers an abundance of control and analytics. We love the ability to remotely manage our devices including remote control when needed. Lastly, small business prices under 26 devices is FREE.

Cons

Customer service lacks due to lengthy response times and language barriers. While chat support is available, it can be difficult to communicate the problem/solution. In addition, when phoning for support or sales, the phone system is difficult couple with extended wait times.

Bill C.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

ME MDM gets the job done at an unbeatable price

Reviewed on 2019/11/27

Pros

The low cost of entry is the best I found out there. We primarily use our MDM to put devices in multi-app kiosk mode. ME MDM provides us with everything we need in an MDM at an unbeatable price!

And, here's a story about my experience with ManageEngine's top-notch technical support ....
At first launch of the MDM, we discovered the app wasn't 100% compatible with our devices, because they were running a non-updatable older Android OS (ver 4.4.2). ME immediately went to work to figure out the problem. After about one month of testing and tweaking, their app developers delivered a fix and the app's successive version have all worked perfectly since. They truly put the customer first!

Cons

Honestly, I have no complaints about this app. But, to be fair, we're light users of the app...we only use it's geo-tracking and kiosk mode features. So, we've never put every feature of the app to the test. There may be a downside out there somewhere, but I haven't found one yet.

Response from ManageEngine

Hello Bill,

We're happy to know that MDM has helped you with your device management needs.

In case of future issues, you can write to us at [email protected]

Elliot M.

Awesome MDM

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

Pros

I really enjoyed the ease of use of the product. Much easier to manage than other MDMs that I have used to manage iPads for my district in the past.

Cons

That you can only have one token for purchased applications.

David S.

This software isn't bad.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Pros

I like that the management is all web/cloud-based, so it can be accessed from anywhere. I like the ability to have devices in groups and to push out apps/app updates, profiles, etc. on a per-group basis. We have multiple satellite locations, and the groups perfect for that.

Cons

I don't like the overall clunkiness of the web interface. I don't like that it doesn't resize very well based on the size of your browser window (I use Chrome) even when there is clearly white space that it can fill in. I don't like that you have to re-assign devices from the Enrollment tab, but you can only see the Serial Number on the Inventory tab, so I have to switch back and forth to make sure I have the right device.

Response from ManageEngine

Hello David,

Greetings from ManageEngine!

We'll consider your feedback and work on the interface.

In case of future queries you can mail us at [email protected]

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Brian S.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Guided set-up, easy to understand and use.

Reviewed on 2020/09/18

Easy to set-up and deploy. Easy to cross-train personal to manage.

Pros

Setting up a new MDM can be challenging. ManageEngine's MDM was easy to set-up as a stand-alone product. The steps were carefully explained to help guide the process of setting up needed accounts to assist with getting iPads managed and supervised.

Cons

Love the Remote View feature, but of course Remote Control would be better. Right!

Miguel angel G.

Practical Product.

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

The tool is really good to manage mobile devices. clear password, locate a lost device, wipe data and much more to protect software and Hardware.

Pros

The tool is easy to use and deploy. it allows us to manage ios and android devices. you can manage Apps, Profiles, Security and can integrate with Apple Business and Android For Work.

Cons

The interface could be better, With iOS devices the management is good but if you want more security you should try other MDM.

Industry: Education Management

Takes configurator to the . next level through the cloud

Reviewed on 2020/02/16

So far, so good. I'm looking to upgrade our configurator options for upwards of 500 devices across 9 seperate sites, so it needs to work, the very first time we have it configured.

Pros

The account is nicely and simply split into the separate elements. Once you've familiarised yourself with the separate pages, you can navigate easily between the option are looking to fulfil. If ever there's a doubt, a quick email to support and they respond timely, which is a rare thing these days !!

Cons

The initial differences between configurator and mdm took a little while to work out where things were, but once understood, not too bad.

Byron S.

Easy, intuitive device management

Reviewed on 2020/02/29

We've been able to release a private Android app, do silent installs, and provide remote support. We started saving time and seeing benefits on day ONE.

Pros

We seamlessly set up all of our company devices to be fully managed. The device enrollment process is very easy and intuitive. I love the remote control functionality.

Cons

It's such a minor thing, but I found the .csv download/upload process for enrolling multiple devices to be a bit clunky.

Juha H.

User experience in testing

Reviewed on 2020/02/07

Positive feelings

Pros

Simple to use after devices enrolled and attached to MDM

Cons

Setup of Android for Work could be simpler

Alberto R.

ME MDM

Reviewed on 2018/10/25

With ME MDM our company was able to improve security issues avoiding install unauthorized apps, at the same time the possibility to distribute new content to devices. The Geo-tracking functionality embedded in MDM let us save money cancelling to services provided with other external solution.

Pros

Platform is very easy to use and very intuitive in comparison with other MDS, many variety of ways to complete enrollment process supporting most important operating systems, new features are added continually and support is good.

Cons

Some issues in my particular case randomly some android devices request the set passcode according to the policy, but event the passcode si set MDM agent request once and once again so the devices keep blocked. It happens juts in a very few cases in group of devices with same model android OS version and MDM agent.

Response from ManageEngine

Hello Alberto,

Greetings from ManageEngine!

Regarding your issue about Android passcode policy, I've opened a support ticket for the same to fix it at the earnest.

In case of future queries, you can mail us at [email protected]

Maximilian P.
Industry: Education Management

Does what we need it to do. While alittle rough around some edges, this MDM shines by its features.

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

The ability to manage our mobile devices effectively and efficiently in a work and school environment.

Pros

Easy to setup with a relatively straightforward dashboard layout. Where as a handful of other MDMs I have trialed are a bit overly-feature rich and have awkwardly placed menus, ManageEngine's MDM layout is one that makes sense, and integrates all of the things that a school district like ours needs.

While trialing this product on a half dozen android tablets, they were a breeze to lock down, and we were able to group them up and drill down and apply policies on group and individual basis' with out too much struggle at all. Geo-tracking, Android Apps for Work Integration, individualized and group-based app approval, but also curating a custom app store, swift QR Enrollments, and user assigning are all big things we need in a MDM. And of course, a few hidden gems like the web clips, and the integrated remote monitoring are wonderful additions to a otherwise comprehensive device management platform.

Cons

Only a couple concerns with the product itself.

For some, the policy profile layout can be a bit overwhelming for some. We only have 5 schools, but certain things require a new profile for each minor change, like 1 profile for each WiFi profile you have to deploy, and each webclip requires its own as well. While straight forward, it can get make the profiles page a bit messy as you keep adding on to them, and should changes need to be made, going back between them can take a bit of time. Small thing, but a critique none the less.

Another small critique is we had some issues connecting via the remote monitoring. Either it's our network or the service, but we were only able to get it working a couple times, and it requires a couple steps of user interaction to start the session more than I would like.

The only noteworthy concern I experienced, & I will speak with a Customer Service rep for more info, is that I experienced a policy / app syncing issues on more than 1 occasion during deployment. During initial enrollments, I had instances where apps did not get downloaded to the devices, I had policy's that would not refresh despite manually refreshing them on the tablets themselves, and twice when I decided to remote wipe the device, the device did not wipe, despite it marked as removed from the console - where I then had to manually remove the mdm app from the tablet itself via a override code.

Response from ManageEngine

Hello Maximilian,

Greetings from ManageEngine!

We'll consider your feedback and look into ways to ease profile management. Could you elaborate on the difficulty faced during remote control as well as app/profile syncing on devices, so that we can work on the same.

In case of future queries you can mail us at [email protected]

Milton A.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Excelente Solution, Value for Money and Very Good Tech Support

Reviewed on 2020/04/14

I would summarize my experience in a few words "Smooth and seamless Operation". The enrolment was easy to handle, especially when there is a good number of devices. Training for other users was very easy, and today an administrative employee manages the basic features and enrolment. The solution has been stable throughout the time of service.

Pros

Great good features that most MDM/EMM solutions have, excellent web-based managing consoles, good customer support very easily reachable by chat, everything at a convenient price.

Cons

Reports have space for improvement. Even though it provides good pre-configured reports, many times flexible and SQL-like interaction is valued by IT Managers. This becomes relevant during this age of data analysis and data mining to improve the enterprise mobility operation of the organization.

Made my life massively easier

Reviewed on 2018/06/04

The management of our devices all round the UK was easy to setup and is rolling out now. Our primary concern is to minimise suppor calls, and this software allows us to remotely control the device, the applications installed, system updates and all other issues we come across on a daily basis. This means we can proactively push the latest version of our software out to all the tablets when it is released, saving us the hassle of having to talk end users through the update process.

plus we can lock down the problem users to kiosk mode and completely limit their access to anything but the work applications.

Our customers also have their own applications that they use, and we can manage these on behalf of our customers, offering a much more streamlined, yet personalised service.

Pros

I have more than 200 tablets around the UK with local councils. With Zoho I can remotely update the company software, lock problem users down to kiosk mode and stop them from watching TVPlayer on their lunch and using all the data allowance. Everything is in a single system, unlike Knox, is much simplified over other systems and even a total novice like me managed to pick it up in the space of a day or two.

Cons

There's a few things we'd love this to do... Remotely push json files to a set directory on the SDcard, and the one thing that knox has over ME, allow us to set the layout of the home screen. But the premium for Knox is not worth that single feature.

Response from ManageEngine

Hello there!

Greetings from ManageEngine!

I'll pass on your requirement of distributing JSON files to mobile devices, to my engineering team.

Additionally, we've been working on the home screen customization feature and this will be released soon.

If you provide your requirements for both cases, it'll help us understand it better.

You can e-mail any further queries to either me or to [email protected]

Wessam B.

Free Trial

Reviewed on 2019/06/01

We are trying to be compliant with GDPR and an MDM is essential. I had trialled many systems and ME so far came on the top from functions to cost and support.

Pros

I signed up for the free trial before I committed myself. I really love the functions of this application it suits my organisation in everyway. The most useful function is the Fence Repository.

Cons

The difference in hours between me and support sometime it took longer to get help.

Response from ManageEngine

Hello Wessam,

Greetings from ManageEngine!

We'll definitely consider this feedback and try to improve our Support team.

Michael H.
Industry: Entertainment

So far so good

Reviewed on 2019/11/25

We used the solution to roll out Square POS devices for our Grey Cup event and since it worked so well we're looking to expand it to corporate owned devices. Overall I would definitely recommend this solution.

Pros

- Easy on-boarding of devices
- Fairly simple navigation
- Robust guides/how-tos

Overall, very happy with the solution so far, cloud based makes it easy for the team to utilize and we've encountered no issues applying any policies to devices.

Cons

I found a lot of redundancy in the navigation/application of policies. It may be more efficient to have more of the device settings, profiles, etc. in one spot. As well I found apply profiles to devices not the clearest to start. Also, profiles would benefit from being able to apply multiple WiFi SSID's at once.

Response from ManageEngine

Hello Michael,

We're happy to know MDM has helped you with your device management needs.

I'll definitely pass on your feedback to the concerned teams to improve the navigation as well as the features.

Industry: Sports

Great Option for Small-Midsized Companies

Reviewed on 2018/11/12

This has been an easy solution for us as we look to implement an MDM for our 250 user environment.

Pros

We have spent a few weeks with Manage Engine and love the simplicity and ease of use. Device enrollment is seamless, and most options include a quick video tutorial which can make things much, much easier. This is also the only MDM I have found thus far that will let me track devices only if they are marked as Lost. I'm not trying to be big brother and don't need to know where our employee's phones are at all times, so the option to leave that off until a device is lost is a huge plus for us. ManageEngine is also very friendly for BYOD companies, and our users love the sense of security it provides.

Cons

I'm still trying to understand Knox integration and how to more effectively use that, but that is less on ManageEngine and more operator error. While the videos are helpful, they could be a bit easier to follow, and I wish they were narrated by a human and not a computer.

Response from ManageEngine

Hello,

Greetings from ManageEngine!

We will consider your feedback and improve the videos.

In case of any future feedback, you can mail us at [email protected]

Brian C.

ManageEngine makes MDM Easy

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

We have a large amount of tablets amongst our company with no previous way to manage them. This software is making it easier for us to help whenever and wherever we can.

Pros

Android integration is a breeze, adding devices does not take much time at all. Creating any applying profiles can be a bit confusing but only because there is a large amount of options to go through.

Cons

Enrolling older Apple devices. Apple makes everything difficult.

Response from ManageEngine

Hello Brian,

As you may already know, in case of Apple enrollment, MDM leverages the methods provided by Apple to enroll these devices.

Niels D.
Industry: Retail

Manage Engine a great tool to manage your devices

Reviewed on 2020/05/06

we where able to manage our versions of an app and keep our devices also up to date without any differences between the devices.

Pros

The product was easy to setup and very easy to use, it is pretty straight forward.

Cons

the option that i missed was to copy a existing profile, it would have saved some time creating a profile with a copy of a baseline.

Bruce F.

Fine MDM to use

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

It was pretty positive when it worked and offered more than we needed.

Pros

It has a lot of features for the price. Amazing options available that you have to pay a lot more for from other vendors for example containerizing is something that was great to find on it since most do not have it. Kiosk mode, works with all major platforms, black and white list options auditing reports and asset management were all options we liked.

Cons

It did not consistently push software out to users and it was cluttered for the interface.

Response from ManageEngine

Hello Bruce,

Greetings from ManageEngine!

Could you elaborate on what issues you faced with app distribution and where exactly do you feel we can improve our UI/UX?

You can write to us at [email protected]

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Waco M.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2020/01/29

We have many busses that are dispatched to transport elderly and disabled individuals. Each driver receives a tablet that is used for scheduling and navigation. ManageEngine MDM allowed me to quickly onboard the tablets while also locking the tablets down to prevent unauthorized access and recovery options should a tablet become lost or stolen.

Pros

ManageEngine Mobile Device Manager Plus is loaded with options. I use the MDM system to manage multiple, mission-critical, devices and cannot afford problems. Thankfully, I have experienced no issues and can rest easy while the MDM looks after things for me. As well, the staff at ManageEngine are quick to respond and provide many training opportunities. I highly recommend ManageEngine MDM.

Cons

Because ManageEngine offers so many options, it can be confusing to navigate. However, training videos are available and always free.

Keith M.

HIPPA Compliance Made Easy

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

Pros

We operate in the healthcare sphere, where compliance with HIPPA/HITECH is a MUST. ManageEngine Mobile Device Manager Plus allows me to ensure that all of our mobile devices are compliant with our security and compliance properties. We had been utilizing two separate platforms to achieve our compliance goals, however ManageEngine simplifies the the task with one product.

Cons

I'd like to see some integration with AWS and GSuite for SSO.
The ability to scan devices for Electronic Personal Health Records (ePHI) would be welcomed

Andrew C.
Industry: Computer Hardware

Tried building internally

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

I really appreciate the how to's on every page of their website along with the knowledge base which keeps customers from having to reach out to customer support to get a quick answer.

Pros

We tried building an MDM internally but ultimately we sank too much money and time into the project and ended up with something that was maybe 1/10th as good as ManageEngine. What I enjoy the most about ManageEngine is the amount of features their software has and the controllability they give you to personalize everything.

Cons

Honestly there is nothing I can really think of that would be a least liked feature, which I know doesn't sound too believable but I've used other platforms before and there's nothing close to what ManageEngine has.

Corey W.
Industry: Ranching

Excellent Management System

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

So far in using the software, it has been great. Lets me keep an eye on devices and is very easy to use and deploy apps other settings to devices. We have been using Meraki but this will definitely replace it. We don't manage a large number of devices, less than 25, but it is looking very promising.

Pros

Many options to deploy and enroll devices
Location History

Cons

Having to factory reset Apple devices to make the most of the software

Response from ManageEngine

Hello Corey.

Greetings from ManageEngine!

It is Apple whose workflow mandates factory resetting the device. MDM simply follows the workflow defined by Apple.

In case of any future queries, you can write to us at [email protected]

Vaughn L.

Simple yet effective

Reviewed on 2020/09/07

From the decision to try ManageEngine MDM to implementation the entire process was seamless.

Pros

I appreciated the ease of set-up and use of the software.

Cons

Tech support is very very slow. That's the only con I could ever have. They take at least 4 business days just to reply to your initial email.

Aiah K.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

The overall experience ha been satisfactory, works well with samsung devices with android version 5

Reviewed on 2018/07/23

We operate in a country where mobile data is prices are on the high side and we provide tablets to health workers fro disease surveillance and reporting, however without MDM we had issues with users misusing the data sent to the tablets. As soon as we introduced MDM plus on the device we were able to stop data misuse by staff and resulted i us abling to reliably estimate data cost to run the devices in the field.

Pros

Very good solution for samsung devices, works seamlessly with these devices and takes away the pain of setting up devices from scratch. You just need to give the device internet access and enroll and sit back and relax. the support is also good for the product, I normally get any issue resolved within an hour.

Cons

Working with other android devices can be painful at times. Features that are available for samsung devices are not available for other android devices so you are kind of limited to device selection if you want to benefit from the full package.

Response from ManageEngine

Hello Aiah,

Greetings from ManageEngine!

We support more features for Samsung as it provides additional APIs for this purpose while in other Android devices we support almost all the basic features.

In case of any future queries, you can mail us at [email protected]