Compulink Healthcare Solutions Reviews

Cloud based EHR & practice management software

Justin

Flexible, Effective EMR!

Reviewed on 2022/11/14

Pros

Our favorite part about using Compulink is the outstanding level of support from every level of the company. For every question you may have, there are Help resources, and for everything that isn't covered in the thorough documentation, knowledgeable and patient staff are a phone call away to address your issues.

Cons

The only issues coming to mind were around the trouble our practice had with hosting the Compulink server ourselves- since moving to their Cloud Hosted, AWS solution, we have had so few problems(that were addressed in such a timely fashion) that it is hardly worth mentioning!

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

While there are countless supporting factors, the more critical details are that Compulink offered the most confidence in supporting both customizations and proprietary reporting and is well known in our network of providers.
Brandon

Long Time Compulink User

Reviewed on 2020/08/08

Overall, we have been pleased with Compulink and the number of things it can do for our office from accounting to EHR to inventory. We have used it for over 10 years now and have been able to grow an adapt to changing times with it.

Pros

Compulink is a customizable solution which makes it fit your practice like you need it to. We have some specialty clinics we do with low vision so we were able to develop our own layouts for our low vision exams.

Cons

When you compare Compulink to other software solutions it is more expensive both in initial investment and then also in maintenance fees.

MaximEyes, Eyefinity EHR and RevolutionEHR

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

We needed a solution that had both an accounting and EHR component.

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

We chose Compulink because it was the most customizable. We needed something we could make fit our style of practice and still have the robust features for accounting and inventory.
Alvaro

I REALLY WANTED IT TO WORK

Reviewed on 2017/01/10

As an owner, IT person, optician and front-desk user, I regret purchasing this software. I actually do have a background in Computer Science from Rutgers as well as Ophthalmics from RVCC. I catch on quicker than the average bear, but with each update, my hair turns grayer and grayer. I really, truly wanted this to work, but I believe that at some point I will have to get a different EHR system because it just doesn't work for me.

Pros

There isn't a lot that I like about this system. Generally, support is acceptable. When you need help you will get it at some point, although I've seen a decline in this lately. The implementation is their strongest aspect. We had a great trainer help us and make it as easy as the program allows. If the implementation experience was the rule, I feel that Compulink Eyecare Advantage would be more successful than it is. Submitting claims is pretty good.

Cons

It is pretty slow (I use an Intel i7 2.8Ghz with 6 gigs of ram - translation: not a wimpy computer). Compulink, I believe, has some real problems. Text boxes do not match up with database field sizes. An example, when saving information and then recalling it, data will be truncated/lost. Database field sizes are really small, too. The optical portion (which I use quite a bit) gives the impression that opticians were not consulted. I use version 10.6.1.13 and on my spectacle screen, the DBL (aka Distance-Between-Lenses) element for describing a frame is spelled out as "Double" which is incorrect (while this is small (ie. just text), I believe it is very telling). Managing inventory is extremely difficult even with spexdata UPC (The Frames Data Disc - used for frame inventory information). The receipts are some of the most confusing documents to patients. We are nickel-and-dimed on too many aspects of the software (Software + Customizable Version + EDI (which relates to insurance claims) + amount of claims (not unique to compulink to be fair) + software/hardware integrations (want your EHR to work with a piece of equipment? add a fee (optional)) + Sybase (now required with version 10) + license fees + quarterly support fees + Sybase quarterly support fees + framesdata subscription (optional - not thru Compulink) + cloud-based backup (optional)). Customizable versions (which I own) aren't really that customizable and updates usually undo some type of functionality or any customization created. Lastly, and unfortunately, the worst part, is the ledger. Oh boy! I feel like I'm doing double entry accounting, it is the most unintuitive aspect of the system. Staff look at it and want to run for the hills. While I understand how to manipulate the ledger and there are webinars for training staff, the learning curve is very steep. Lastly, I can't tell you how many times I have had to run "Diagnostics" whenever compulink would crash. As we have migrated to other EHR systems, we have found that Compulink doesn't store/loses entire charts of information. Not good..not good at all!

Caitlin

Great customer service with Compulink

Reviewed on 2020/08/07

It was a lot of work to set up, but that is the case with any EHR. The transition was smooth and they are constantly making updates to the system.

Pros

The customer service of Compulink is outstanding. There is a help icon that you click and submit a question or problems. The Compulink IT staff will call you back and login to your computer if necessary to fix the problem.

The online registration is very helpful especially during COVID. Patients can fill out their paperwork before they come into the office and save time and exposure to COVID.

Cons

All systems have their glitches and technical difficulties which can be annoying at times.

Eyefinity EHR

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

I wanted to use EHR which I didn't have access to on Practice Maximus.

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

The set up and pricing was good and it is one of the more popular EHR favored by Optometry Schools.
Scott
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Needs to be more intuivite

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

Overall the user experience could be better. The reason we are using Compulink for our optical department is because our existing practice Management/EHR vendor (NextGen Healthcare) has not developed a robust optical component to the software. In all other aspects NextGen has a far superior PM/EHR package when looking at the user experience.

Pros

So far the integration with billing VSP is critical and most important.

Cons

The lens tables are overly complicated and could be better "out of the box." Any changes to these tables is very time consuming.
Pulling reports is not user friendly and sometimes the report function you are looking for is not where you would guess it would be- The help function

NextGen Office

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

VSP billing integration, lens tables pre-loaded-
Meghan
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Research all EHR options before choosing

Reviewed on 2022/06/21

Pros

It is nice how many reports can be run in Compulink - almost any list of data/information you'd want to compile, Compulink is able to. It is also such a major player in the industry that everything we've needed to have integrate with it, has been able to do so (Weave, contact lens company sales platforms, etc). Scanning in documents is easy once you have the right/compatible scanner- and they're easy to view and find from the patient's demographics page. Having our billing done through Compulink directly has been convenient.

Cons

There were a LOT of learning curves with this system - i.e. we had to purchase a very specific scanner that integrated properly, finding out that their Intake Form was not mobile compatible, how the patient's ledger populates, what data is able to transfer from one exam to the next (most items do, but not things like the patient's occupation, hobbies, PCP, etc.). As doctors- we didn't find the EHR/Exam forms to be very intuitive or as user friendly as we were hoping. Depending on what version you signed up with dictates how much you're able to edit exam form templates.

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Cost, Cloud based seemed safer and more reliable than Web/Browser based
Maury

Feature rich Optometry practice software

Reviewed on 2020/08/05

Mostly great. When I have software issues, they respond quickly and effectively. I have been with Compulink for 10+years. Often, the issues I have with the software are caused by my network issues, not the fault of Compulink.

Pros

It is constantly trying to improve. The tech support is very helpful.

Cons

There are still repeatable inputs that I have to use on every patient that will not auto populate.

Kim
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great Software for those in the eye care industry

Reviewed on 2022/08/11

We have had a great experience with Compulink.

We have had a great experience with Compulink.

Pros

What I like most about this software was we have several different types of users that needed to use this software including Aesthetics, Optical, Contacts and an Optical Lab. We were able to customize this software to meet our needs which no other software we looked at could do.

Cons

I can't say the inventory portion is hard to use or is bad, but it be made to be a bit more user friendly to help save time.

Reasons for Choosing Compulink Healthcare Solutions

We wanted to go cloud based and our former software company could not meet our needs with that aspect.

Eyefinity OfficeMate

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Because it met our needs the best and offered the ability to be customizable.
Joseph

Compulink Advantage Ophthalmic Software

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

Software has been very stable and reliable. Has improved over the years. Management has been stable. Price increases have been reasonable and not frequent

Pros

The company was and still is run by the head programmer

Cons

Sometimes the default layouts and information are too general- slanged towards its origins in optometry

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

Had EHR, Billing and Scheduling all in one. Was ophthalmology specific. Cost was mid level. Was customizable
Laurie

Compulink Review

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

Overall, experience is good.

Overall, experience is good.

Pros

The ease of navigation and training of the system.

Cons

We would like to build reports on the fly.

Ilan

My experience with Compulink

Reviewed on 2020/08/08

Pros

I felt that the billing software aspect of the program is easy to use, comprehensive and relatively cheap with respect to the price that I was paying. The support that was provided when my billing secretary contacted the company was almost always resolved in satisfactory outcome.

Cons

I found that certain ways that I was documenting were very difficult to implement with this software. Specifically, my treatment plan
I also wish that setting up templates for faster documentation would be easier.

Andi

Compulink is the BEST!

Reviewed on 2023/05/23

Choosing an EMR provider for my surgery center was a decision that I put a lot of time and consideration into. I spoke to at least 5 or 6 other companies and did my due diligence. At the end of the day, it was an easy choice and one that I don't regret. I frequently recommend Compulink to my colleagues, highlighting the high degree of customization, increased productivity, ease of use, excellent customer service, and budget friendliness. Our adjoining clinic utilizes a non-Compulink provider for their practice management and another non-Compulink provider for their EMR; both of which don't hold a candle to Compulink. I am looking forward to eventually getting our clinic switched over to Compulink as well.

Pros

1. Highly customizable! No ASC is alike and we appreciate that Compulink allows us to make direct modifications to our workflow (overall layout, documentation, printable forms, etc.) as we see fit without having to jump through hoops. 2. Increase in Productivity/Efficiency. As a result of implementing Compulink in our ASC, we've been able to create a process that works very well for us. Whereas it used to take 2 full-time Front Desk Receptionists to prepare patient charts, we now have 1 Receptionist who handles this task. 3. Ease of Use. Our nurses and technicians find Compulink easy to use because a majority of their documentation can be done on one screen and they can set up Favorites to chart quickly. It's simplicity allows for us to quickly teach new employees and/or agency staff how to use the program. 4. Customer Service. We don't need support from Compulink very often, but when we do, we can always count on a quick response from very helpful, engaged customer service advocates. 5. Budget friendly with straight-forward invoicing and stable pricing over the years, even in the face of the pandemic and subsequent inflation. 6. Stability. Many of the Compulink employees that helped get my former surgery center up and running on their platform are still with the company. From a management standpoint, this is important for two reasons: One, I know who to turn to when I need assistance and two, a low turnover rate within their company speaks volumes!

Cons

In the past there have been issues when updates were made to the system. One of these incidents resulted in a significant loss of data and we had to use paper charts until it was fixed. However, with that being said, it's been quite a while since we have had any update-related issues and it appears to be resolved.

Andi

We call them Compu-stink

Reviewed on 2017/06/27

I wish I could go back in time. I was so naive.

I wish I could go back in time. I was so naive.

Pros

I like their instant messaging system. And their ICD9 conversion to ICD10 was done very well.

Cons

Customer service is EXTREMELY expensive. And they will sometimes NEVER call you back. I'm still waiting for Sangit to call me from a problem I've had since 2015! We have been using them since 2012, everything was set up wrong and we have had constant problems since. We have regretted going with them but are now stuck with them because we've sunk so much money into it. We even had to hire an IT person who is on call for when something goes wrong. Their support is full of people who don't even know how the software works and will tie up your computer trying to figure things out for hours. We dread running their updates because, while they fix some bugs, they implement a whole slew of new ones. We seriously feel like beta testers. They should be paying us because we are the ones figuring out the problems for them. If you complain too much, they will blacklist you and no one will return your calls. And there's no one you can submit formal complaints to. It just falls on dead ears. This is not the way a good company should be run. Their salespersons will tell you anything you want to get you to sign with them. A lot of the initial things we made a point to ask about when meeting with them were nothing like they promised. And when you bring it up to them, they make excuses and say that it's ridiculous for us to expect it to run like that.

Melissa

Great Optometry/Medical Software

Reviewed on 2023/07/18

Compulink is very easy to work with as a company, their customer service is excellent and I love the contact through the software for a call back if I have an issue. This feature is helpful so you are not waiting on hold to talk to someone. Just send in a request for a call and usually within 10 min they are calling you. Love this!

Pros

I love how easy Compulink is to navagate around in. Searching for patients is a breeze, tabs at top for every part of patient chart. Drop down selection menus for everything. Customizable tables and scheduler. Love the system!

Cons

There are parts of the software that we are not utilizing that I would like to use but programming the data into the software to use it seems over my head hard. We are an Optometry practice and do not use the ordering sections of the software therefor price calulations and insurance billing can not be used either.

Gary

Compulink is trying

Reviewed on 2016/10/28

When I started with the product they had just introduced Version 11. They have had multiple revisions to the product even since then which has made it better in some ways and worse in others. I use the cloud-based version and the software is never down when I need to use it except when my internet provider has failed me. The Practice Management portion of the software works well except for the scheduler. Posting checks and managing payments is simple. The insurance interface is good only for medical claims and won't do most vision only plans. Inventory management works well and it's nice to be able to print frame tags w/ a Dymo label machine rather than an specialty printer. My staff have not complained about the ordering process. The EHR has changed recently which has made it easier to enter data. I'd rate the EHR as average compared with others I've seen but this can be a matter of personal preference. I don't like interfaces that are too simple or too complicated. This one is mid-complicated, but if I could customize it, I could make it excellent. That is available but at a much greater expense.

Pros

Not overpriced. Customer support is good. They are trying to make it better. They have an online forum where you can make improvement suggestions and if other users agree, then they will try to do it. They don't charge you while you are training on it which is good because it takes a lot of training. They have tons of help files and online training courses and if you still can't figure it out then customer support will help you.

Cons

The scheduler in the latest iteration of the software is terrible. It does not block out time slots for the patients you schedule. This leads to over-bookings by staff who must study each entry on the schedule to see how much time is allotted for the blank spaces under it. The Basic/least expensive version has limited customization and the latest version has made it less so. Long learning curve.

Shannon

Compulink

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

I have been a Compulink client for over 12 years and have seen the healthcare industry change a great deal. It is critical to have a software vendor that is committed to staying up-to-date on healthcare rules and restrictions. Compulink exceeds my expectations in this arena. They are on the forefront of the next phase in healthcare and I have been very happy knowing I have a partner looking out for my practice.

Compulink allows me to either use the software in it's default format or to customize the software as much I want to meet the demands of patient flow and doctors' needs. I like being able to control certain modules within the software. I like the fact I can choose how "cookie cutter" or customized I want it to be.

Compulink's training and support is phenomenal. They offer pre-recorded online courses as well as live webinars on every aspect of the software. This has been a great training tool for new employees. Their support department is very prompt in assisting me with whatever needs I have and are very knowledgeable about their product.

Compulink offers various interfaces and third party programs for their software that makes our jobs easier. I personally take advantage of several of those features and they work very efficiently. The interfaces I utilize are for my autorefractor, visual field and online patient registration. The third party programs I use are Demand Force (e-mail/text software) and CLx (online contact lens ordering). Again, I have the choice of choosing what added interfaces would supplement patient care.

I also maximize every module in the software. These modules include electronic health records, line item posting, electronic claims billing, direct billing for a couple of our major insurance plans as well as the inventory and lab modules. Compulink has found a way to nicely tie in every aspect of the software with each other.

Pros

Customer support, very detailed EHR system, electronic billing capabilities, ability to customize software.

Cons

Customization can be labor intensive if you choose to go that route.

steven

Compulink review

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

I have been with Compulink since 2004. For the most part I have been very satisfied with the software, the support and the ongoing training.

Pros

The software may be customized in many ways. This makes it highly adaptable to many modes of practice. Each administrator can make the software fit his or her needs.

Cons

No software is perfect and there is always room for improvement. Software development is a much more complex task that most people realize and updates take a while to beta test and implement

John
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Compulink, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.

Reviewed on 2016/11/30

Compulink is a great piece of software and very well thought out. But what draws you to this particular EHR software can also deter you. Let me explain, Compulink's main selling point is how customizable it is and how easy it is to switch from paper charts to EHR. But what they don't tell you is that the more you customize the software the less support they can truly offer and the more work you have to do to keep it all up to date. Don't get me wrong, Compulink's support staff is some of the best support people I have ever worked with. But the more you customize the less they can really do to help you. So the customization ends up being both a blessing and a curse. Overall, I would say that I would recommend the software mostly because of the great support and the fact that they do try and listen to you when you ask for a change in how the software fundamentally works. It just takes some time to get used to just how very different this EHR software really is compared to most other's available.

Pros

I think the best thing I like about the software is the ability to write small "smart scripts" AKA "smart functions" in the EHR software that allows you to do many different things and even automatically fill out certain parts of the chart for the nurse and/or Doctor. There is also some printing functions that allows you to customize and print out specific letters to the patient and automatically fills in the patient's details or whatever you need really. The "screen builder" within the software is also very easy to use and makes customizing the software to how you want it to look very easy to do.

Cons

As I stated before, the customizations that you are encouraged to make can also cause huge issues in the functionality of the software. If you mess up your layout, the ramifications to the stability of the EHR software can be huge.

Ryan

Compulink Eyecare Advantage

Reviewed on 2020/08/10

Pros

In general the product is easy to use. If you are unsure of what to do or where to go in the software, the Help feature allows you the ability to look up key words to get the answer. Their support team is also great to work with. The ability to customize screens and the VSP integration are huge positives for our office too.

Cons

Updates to fix certain bugs often cause other areas of the software, that were working fine, to glitch. The ledger can be confusing and the receipt for the patient is hard to understand for staff and patients. The tables can be a little intimidating at first, but once you understand how they work, it becomes easier.

Kara
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Compulink is a great investment.

Reviewed on 2020/08/05

Pros

We had extremely simple integration from a custom program. Training was a breeze with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!!
We're very happy with all aspects of our program.

Cons

we definitely need more specific reports for optical sales. Dispensing and sales reports for each team member would be beneficial.

Reasons for Switching to Compulink Healthcare Solutions

cost and ease of implementation.
Janet

Compulink Eyecare Advantage

Reviewed on 2020/08/05

It's a one stop solution. It serves as a product for patient communication as well as patient billing, insurance billing, eligibility and remittance. It also functions as electronic health records.

Pros

Ease of use for all levels of computer users.

Cons

Updates. There are always problems with large updates; however, they also get the problems corrected.

Pamela
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

EHR

Reviewed on 2020/09/02

the reporting is awesome. I have been able to run a graph for every aspect of the business that my administrator asks for. There is so many reporting opportunities it is actually difficult to decide which report would work best sometimes.

Pros

posting information in the EHR is quite simple. We were able to design a few templates for unique information gathering. We have gotten help with the templates in a timely manner just as we would have for the compulink owned templates. The only issue is that they are little more difficult in correction if something has not laid out correctly in our own templates. sometimes will need to have a call back but always the representative did work as quickly as possible

Cons

I am uncomfortable with the form design as it is very technical.

Ronald
  • Industry: Medical Practice

A great product for those who want quality and are willing and able to learn

Reviewed on 2020/08/03

Over the past 23 years, Compulink has been a stable framework upon which our practice is built. The software allowed us to integrate medical records (including equipment interfaces), billing, insurance, correspondence, demographics, aspects of human resources and quality measures in one program. During those few times when we had a true emergent situation, Compulink support has always solved the problem quickly.

Pros

We began with Compulink in 1997 when it was in DOS form. Compulink has always been highly customizable, which is important to us. The software is capable of doing nearly anything you would like to do.

Cons

Compulink can be complicated for those who are not tech-savvy.

Michael

Compulink Eyecare Advantage Software

Reviewed on 2020/08/08

EHR was a subject that seemed to be a hurtle no practice wanted to initiate. This mountain was reduced to a
hill which my practice accomplished with their software.

Pros

The ease of use in a busy practice. The conversion of my previous data to Compulink. Great instruction of software online at times convenient to me.

Cons

There were not any dislikes since all of my boxes were checked

Patty
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Changing over to Compulink's Advantage, Addiction has been a good decision. We now have the...

Reviewed on 2018/04/15

Our switch from an electronic health record, specifically developed for primary care to Compulink's Advantage Addiction that provides documentation around behavioral health has been a good decision.There are few options available in this service field that is as flexible as Compulink. I look forward to more in-patient treatment facilities coming on board so that a consoritum of users can work together and provide additional support.

Pros

Advantage provides an immediate snapshot of a client for easy lookup and editing. Compulink's Coordinator and Trainer has been readily available to all staff to answer to the issues and any questions that come up, allowing for limited downtime or productivity. I am sure as we gain more experience, our utilization can only improve. I expect that Advantage will provide us with the necessary work process mandated by state statutes and optimal business practices.

Cons

I understand Gookomis Endaad may be the first in-patient treatment facility, which has been somewhat challenging to meet our basic needs. However, Compulink perseveres in modifying the product as we gain more experience. There are also some basic modifications that will be shared for consideration to process billing more efficiently. I would also recommend modifications to the training process. A better initial discussion regarding the implementation timelines in layman's terms would alleviate many of the pressures on the customers side, especially when there is limited IT support.