TherapyNotes Reviews

TherapyNotes

Online mental health EMR and practice management software.

4.7/5 (498 reviews)
Bethany C.

TherapyNotes- A revolution in Behavioral Health Billing and EHR

Reviewed on 2019/06/26
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Submitting claims for the entire day of work takes anywhere between 10 seconds to 4 minutes tops depending on if anything needs changed before it is submitted. The scheduling calendar is a breeze with the ability to see multiple locations and multiple providers at the same time, or restrict it to one provider at all locations, all providers at one location, or any configuration of that you can think of. It is color coded, giving each clinician a different color, so office staff can easily see which patients are with which doctor. And you can set up recurring appointments with the click of a button for as many or as few weeks as you would like for a patient. You can also individualize the billing per Insurance company, and per doctor, so any special billing can be saved and will be automatically input for the payers that require it. Also, the visit records (notes) that the doctors input for each patient are extremely well organized, and easy to print and provide to insurance companies/workers comp/other providers when requested. TherapyNotes is intuitive software that is easy to learn, user friendly, and inexpensive in comparison to other options.

Pros

The price charged, along with what you get is incomparable, this software is head and shoulders above the competition. TherapyNotes has solved 99% of our Billing and EHR issues. When issues do arise, we are able to get a representative on the phone within 1 minute flat, (this is record time, EVERY time.) and they are always extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and can SOLVE any problem. The one and only problem I still have, is already in the works for the next update to solve, and TherapyNotes staff has provided such an easy workaround in the meantime, that it has become nearly a non-issue. It is an extremely user friendly interface, and we have come to find that any mistake made within the system (Billing/health records/you name it) can be reversed, without any issues.

Cons

The Doctors had a hard time, when the office first transitioned to TherapyNotes, getting the notes completed. (All notes regarding a patient's visit on that date of service need to be completed before that DOS claim can be sent out. There is no deadline to complete them, you just can't send the claim until they are completed) Once the clinicians adjusted to writing their notes in a timely fashion, they too have concluded that they much prefer TherapyNotes over our old software (NueMD) which was MUCH more costly, for extensively less features that are beneficial to a behavioral health practice.

Brian T.

Very comprehensive, user friendly, and overall fantastic EHR/Billing software!

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Overall a really pleasant experience with TN. Highly recommended!

Pros

- Comprehensive and robust charting system
- Pre-populated progress notes from dx and treatment goals from intake / 1st treatment plan making completing half of the note a breeze!
- Pre-populated interventions list, or create your own
- Fantastic ability to submit claims electronically with ease making the billing process a breeze! ERA’s (EOB’s in electronic format) come straight from the clearinghouse making reconciliation a one click process vs manually entering insurance payments. These two features have saved me tremendous time!
- All of your billing is easily accessible either by patient, or practice wide. Many reports you can run to efficiently keep an eye on your cash flow.
- Appointment reminders via text, phone call, or email. Clients LOVE them! Reliable.
- Incredible customer support! Second to none. Every time I call there are no long wait times (usually under 5 minutes or less!) Customer support is clearly extremely knowledgeable about the software and are eager to help problem solve technical issues or just there to guide you through the use of the product. I can’t tell you how helpful they have been. Words can’t describe. They really are amazing! :)
- THE PRICE! Superb value for such a comprehensive system. This is a company who isn’t looking to squeeze out as much as they can from you. It’s very affordable for solo practice clinicians who are already struggling to make a living with all other expenses a practice runs into.

Cons

- Sometimes the billing can get confusing due to the complexity of the process of billing with insurance in general.
- No telehealth module yet! Once HIPAA complaint video confrerencing comes, TN will truly be an ideal fully comprehensive easy to use platform! Looking forward to it!

Katie M.

Above & Beyond!!

Reviewed on 2019/02/07

TherapyNotes has the most outstanding customer service of Any company in which I've ever conducted business. Each time I call them they respond within 1-2 hours with a Solution to my inquiry. When I have certain requests pertaining to my practice or TN account, they willingly and generously support my concerns and do whatever it takes to work with me so that my practice succeeds.

I could go on and on with this answer but simply put, I'm so grateful I "stumbled" upon this company and EHR softward progam because I've had ZERO issues with them at all and would highly recommend them to any person seeking a new documentation system!

Pros

TherapyNotes EHR is an outstanding software for my private counseling practice. It's ease of use and ample "help" section makes it simple for me to learn anything I have questions about --most of the time without even needing to call them. I've been a customer since 2016 and have only positive feedback to give. Use the free-trial offer. I did and have no regrets.

Cons

Regarding TherapyNotes, there are only 2 things that cross my mind now and then.

1) I'd like for them to develop a mobile app. I mentioned this to them and they were very receptive stating they were in the process of doing so. I'm looking forward to that!

2) I'd LOVE if TN created Intake forms that could be tailored to individual practices (i.e. insert company name here) If demographic, consent, HIPPA, cancellation, etc. forms were incorporated into the program and could be easily send to new clients through the patient portal , it would save me a ton of time and allow me to concentrate on providing therapy rather than on the necessary paperwork that is required.

Donna D.

Excellent Company

Reviewed on 2018/08/14

Excellent company
I have been with Therapy Notes for over three years and have never had a bad experience with the product or the service. They go above and beyond to make sure you as a provider or user have the help and support you need. They are constantly making improvements in the software and they make taking care of the paperwork end of business so easy. I have had pleasant and great experiences every time I call their support team with questions. No question is left unanswered nor are they too trivial. They try to make the product as user friendly as possible and are there to guide you through it all. I love that my notes are professional and easily read, all information that needs to be in them are there, I once got audited on a couple of clients by Medicaid and it was so easy to pull up what I needed and get it sent in. Passed with flying colors because all that I needed was in the note format. My clients all get a reminder text or call and they love it. I appreciate all the hard work they do on their end to make this a top of the line product for those of us on the front lines with clients. Billing is easy and user friendly. i would and have recommended this company to anyone looking for a good safe and professional product to help you in keeping documentation and billing orderly and consistent with expectations of our fields of practice. Thank you Therapy Notes!

Pros

I like everything about it. It is user friendly, if you need help the support team is exceptional. Notes are professional and clear, easy to read, treatment plans are wonderfully easy and all you need for notes are available for documentation. Their billing is easy and support is a phone call or email away. I have used the product for 3 years plus and have never had a bad experience with the company. It keeps confidentiality, and ease of keeping client information in a safe place.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about this software.

Shawn D.

A great therapy office addition

Reviewed on 2012/10/24

Overall I am very happy with the system and recommend it for practices of all sizes. The pros out weight the cons. Most of the negatives I have found are potential future features. There is already a plan to integrate appointment reminders to clients, which will be a great time saver. I have found updates to the system to occur very quickly and good follow through on promised features. They owners are definitely motivated to keep customers happy when able.

Pros

Notes are easy to enter for a busy practice. I love the features of uploading old paper charts for storage (other programs don't allow this). The feature of customizing procedure codes and interventions are a great option. The system is extremely easy to use. The to do list section is great for seeing notes that you may have forgotten to write, to notify you when a treatment plan is due, and to remind you to discharge clients who are no longer active. This is been extremely helpful to keep charts current. The ability to log in from other computers helps for accessing client information in a crisis without needing to go to the office. When I get requests for charts, I can easily download notes to fax or email without problems. The feature of generating client statements helps save a lot of time.

Cons

Being a small practice, I don't have funds for purchasing billing services in addition to the system, so I was disappointed in the billing fee being per submission rather than a flat rate. If a flat rate was offered for billing integration this might be resolved for smaller offices. It would also be helpful to generate customizable letters to clients for reoccuring situations such as discharge notice and missed appointments. There is also no way to generate client numbers within the system, so I currently have to keep a seperate excell document to generate client numbers (i.e. automatically assigning numbers when entering a new client). I also would like to have a billing documents section to scan copies of EOB statements that is seperate from the clinical chart. Current there is not way to integrate credit card processing within the system, but is a possible future feature.

Response from TherapyNotes

Thanks for the great feedback. Yes, future planned futures will definitely assist with some of the items you mentioned and you are right that appointment reminders are coming very soon! (FYI, I'm typing this on 10/24/12. If you are from the future, we may already have this feature. Check the web site to find out!)

Diane H.

I switched BACK to TherapyNotes from Simple Practice

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

See above--willing to change back from other program, even though this is time consuming.

Pros

I left TherapyNotes for Simple Practice 8 months ago--I quickly recognized that I made a mistake as I began to use Simple Practice. Therapy Notes has a number of important advantages/features to note: 1) requiring the clinician to fill out intake and treatment plan before one can write progress notes means you will not drop ethically necessary documentation that is needed for record to be complete; 2) the ability to schedule ongoing appointments without an end date (simple practice only allowed you to schedule 30 appts at a time and on two occasions, an appointment dropped off the schedule and I was not in when a client arrived!!). 3). live support rather than going through submitting an email--A GOOD OLD FASHIONED PERSON WHO CAN ANSWER EVEN THE MOST SIMPLE QUESTIONS MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE! 4). Requiring clinician to review treatment plan every 90 days when one would be likely to forget if you were not prompted. 5). Credit card processing costs less through Therapy Notes. Despite the difficulty of uploading client records back to TherapyNotes, I believe it is worth doing to be back with the better program.

Cons

I would like to be able to access easily on my cell phone and feel an App might make that the most user friendly.

Andrea H.

Therapy Notes for Administrative Use

Reviewed on 2018/08/29

For me personally, and we have four offices filled with providers, Therapy Notes has enough options to fit the majority of our needs. I appreciate the quick support feedback. That's an important feature to me as a manager. I also appreciate their quick updates when there is an issue with the program, which is going to happen in any program one uses. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, they keep all of their users up-to-date in real time. I think Therapy Notes is a really good program and I would recommend it to anyone in this industry.

Pros

The software is pretty easy to use and set it up to what works best for your practice/office. I have trained many people on Therapy Notes since we started using it in February of 2016. The software is intuitive and learning the ins and outs is not too time consuming. I like it much, and I mean MUCH, better than our previous software program.

Cons

There are a few items that we would like to see such as being able to set up a client with more than one provider, and have the software bill insurance for one provider, but allow another provider to be self-pay with no insurance. The other really big item would be to add a comments section on the actual billing page. While we can make comments on the billing settings page, it would make sense to also allow comments on the billing page, where our providers are more likely to look. There are a few tweaks here and there that I'd love to push for, but all in all it's a great program.

Greg I.

Great EHR Product

Reviewed on 2019/02/25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I highly recommend this software.

Pros

The program is extremely easy to use with a very small learning curve.
The automated task list is fantastic. I am able to keep on top of all that I need to do to be successful!
Insurance claims and payments are a snap. All you have to do is write the note and click to submit a claim!
Treatment planning template is quite useful and easy to populate
Notes are organized in a really great format. I am confident I could succeed if ever audited.
Customer support is AMAZING and LIVE any time you need them. They are a phone call away!

Cons

I would like a scheduling app that is directly tied to the Notes scheduling calendar. It is annoying to have to open a browser on my smartphone and input a password every time. Some screens are not able to be enlarged and therefore I am not able to schedule with ease.
There is no way to create forms online and send them to clients to fill out online. I am currently sending paper, having clients fill them out with pen, and then scanning and uploading.
A secure overlay email function (like hushmail?) directly incorporated into the software would be useful. When I click on the client's email address this would automatically open and be so useful and safe.
A video conferencing option might be nice, depending on the overall cost.

Susan M.

Therapy Notes is a great product and the Customer Service is OUTSTANDING

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

Pros

Customer Service; it keeps improving; easy to set up a new client, schedule (free reminders two days before appointments are sent to clients), good templates for intakes, assessments, progress notes, great to do reminder lists, great EDI processing and more.

Cons

I have never been dis-satisfied with how I was treated. I may have not liked the answer :) - but the staff are great. The answers I don't like are when there are features I'd like that they don't have YET, so I have to do work arounds that take time. I would like the ability to BOLD, UNDERLINE and BULLET the text in my notes, better secondary insurance processing, and tele-therapy (currently using DOXY.me) I know they are working on these things, and with the things they aren't, they make a note and send it up the chain of command and tell me how to do the same, so I feel heard and valued.

Katie M.

Awesome in Every Way!

Reviewed on 2016/10/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Therapy Notes is the most Outstanding clinical documentation & billing software system I have ever used. It's "Ease of Use" is exceptional. But during times it may be difficult to solve your problem on your own, TN has a Rapid Customer Service Response Time (typically 24 or less via email), in addition to a vast array of Tutorials to access that are clearly written and easy to follow on just about every topic imaginable. I love having access to a knowledge-based library this comprehensive that I can utilize at times I need to look up a quick procedure I had forgotten or for when I need an answer quicker than it may take for TN to respond (NOTE: I'm referring to an email response!) You do have the option of calling the TN support team and receiving instant customer service from a friendly, patient TN support representative. One thing I love is that in the 4-5 short months I've been using TN, I've had to contact Support for a number of matters, as I am a new, first time practice owner. It's very comforting to be greeted by or responded to by the same set of people on staff to assist me. The consistent low turn over rate says a lot about the management of a company and the staff at TN genuinely make me feel as if they're getting to know me and my company/account personally. Some of the actual features that has made my job easier by switching to Therapy Notes is their multiple drop down menu features for Clinical Interventions, or the History drop down tap, which you can click on during a session with your Client to instantly review their status from their last session. Scheduling is a breeze, Billing is effortless and the Patient Portal is exceptional. The features are endless and I can't rave about it enough. Not to mention, they take ALL suggestions for improvement into consideration and actually respond to those requests with gratitude while providing you feedback on your request. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A SIMPLE, YET THOROUGH AND COMPREHENSIVE SYSTEM DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR THE MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSION, THEN THERAPY NOTES IS THE ONE TO CHOOSE. HANDS DOWN, IT HAS MADE MY JOB SIMPLER AND HAS FREED UP VALUABLE TIME IN MY LIFE THAT I CAN NOW ALLOCATE TO MY FAMILY OR OTHER AREAS OF INTEREST. STOP RESEARCHING NOW! I personally signed up for the 30 day free trial to 5 or 6 different systems simultaneously when trying to make my choice as to which company to use. THERAPY NOTES IS ALL YOU NEED. Enjoy!

Judith M.

Best Product Available for Private Practice

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

Customer service is by the far the highest quality that I have encountered in many of the providers that as health care practitioners we deal with on a regular basis. The turnaround time is rapid, and I mean rapid. At times it has been within minutes. They are so easily accessible and so courteous and efficeint. If all companies operated with this model, medical offices everywhere would have a lot more smiling faces!!

Pros

This is such a user friendly interface. I am not technologically astute and this software is very easy to learn, it is so logical and straightforward. I love that it saves information enterened in previous sessions, such as MSE, medications, etc. and lows you to edit and adjust for current session rather than re-enter all of the data. There is no redundancy or series of non applicable boxes to check throught that you encounter in other EMR’s.

Cons

I wish there was part of the software that would save past med trials. I enter them in my intial eval, but they do not save and as I try and discontinue medications, I would like them to be saved. I have asked about this and told I can enter them in the area saved for notes on medications, but I would like it to save on med list automatically.

Kerrin H.

Great Experience with Therapy Notes

Reviewed on 2015/03/19
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Therapy Notes has been the best thing we have done for our practice. It has saved time, money and space. I own a group practice and we are able to have multiple clinicians using the system at the same time. TherapyNotes will automatically do the billing with one click once the client information is entered and the note is finished. The notes are extremely user-friendly and easy to use. The notes can definitely be filled out between sessions to maximize your time. There is also no need for bulky file cabinets as all of the client documents can be scanned and entered into the system. It is very user-friendly, even my most technology challenged clinician can use it at ease. Also, the customer service is amazing. You can ask them any question and they will answer it, usually within a few minutes, at most a few hours. I would recommend this product to any clinician who wants to keep his or her sanity and time. Everything is all in one place and life is much more streamlined for sure! This product has literally saved my practice.

Cons

The thing that I like least is that there is no client portal, which means clients cannot log in to schedule appointments or change them. We have our website set up so that clients can book their own appointments and we must use Full Slate to do this, so it means we must constantly go back and forth to the two sites in order to keep our calendar. Other than that, it is great and hopefully they will have the client portal up and running really soon.

Gelsie H.

My general experience with Therapynotes has been good. The program is versatile, efficient and very

Reviewed on 2018/04/15

This is a very good software that deals with most all of my company's needs in a user-friendly format with very good customer service.

Pros

My pros for Therapynotes are: user-friendly for staff and clinicians; different degrees of accessibility for users as set up by the administrator; most of the office's working can be assess in Therapynotes (such as patient reminders, different levels of accounting, and patient files); good availability to the company for support which has been friendly, knowledgeable, and prompt; easy insurance billing, quick and efficient remit processing, easy entry and manageability of insurance companies, CPT codes, and other billing codes; patient progress notes are in a usable and a nicely tailored format for mental health usage, and diagnoses are generated when you begin to type it in versus having to know the ICD 10 codes.

Cons

My cons are: would like a better querying system or means of searching patient information quickly and easily, sometimes the system runs slowly or seemingly gets bogged down for several hours.

Al L.

TherapyNotes.com

Reviewed on 2017/10/04
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Therapy Notes, after I have tried many other versions of therapist practice billing softwares is hands down the number one software billing program in my book. As a PhD psychotherapist in private practice since 1977 in Manhattan and Westport CT and supervisor of private practice clinicians since 1984, I highly recommend Therapy Notes for all your Private Practice Psychotherapist needs!

Pros

Excellent software for billing and staying HIPPAA compliant while doing so. It guarantees that before you bill, all your necessary notes and compliances are in complete order.This software is a must for the Professional Therapist who has a new or established practice, especially if you have been in provate practice for many years already

Cons

It takes a few minutes to fill out the necessary HIPPAA compliant notes before you can bill. This can be burdensome when you are seeing more than 25 patients a week. However, it only takes 5 minutes or less to fill out each standard session note. The initial intake note and treatment plan for a new person you are seeing can take as much as 15 minutes to fill out once you are acquainted with it.

John L.

Always looking out for the provider

Reviewed on 2018/08/03

Pros

There's a lot to like. Unlike the EHR at my previous agency, TherapyNotes.com speaks actual psychologist lingo and seems to include nothing unnecessary. Lately, they've provided free one-credit continuing education courses about ethics, attachment, mindfulness, and other relevant topics. I queried whether they could seek APA-accreditation for the CEU's (in addition to the already-in-place NBCC-accreditation) in order to meet my state's requirements, and customer service replied that they *already* have an application submitted with APA. I've requested that with other CEU providers in the past and have gotten a negative response...so I'm especially thankful for TherapyNotes.com!

Cons

Over the last two years, there are a few tweaks I have suggested to customer service for the program to better meet my needs (and probably the needs of many others) in terms of functionality. I haven't seen any of my suggestions implemented yet.

Practice Management Made Easy

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

Using TherapyNotes.com allows me to confidently run my business, especially since I handle billing, scheduling, and documentation, in addition to providing the service. Thanks TherapyNotes!

Pros

I most appreciate the organization the software provides. From running revenue reports to scheduling patient appointments, it keeps my time on the computer minimal and efficient. Customer Support has also been helpful on a number of occasions when I've called in to ask questions or get directions on performing a specific task.

Cons

In the two plus years I've been using TherapyNotes, the system has shut down a total of two times (that I can remember). Even though it was inconvenient at the time, I was impressed with the communication from the company to its users and their efforts to get things back up and running. This is why I decided to continue using the software. Their response to system glitches (which are extremely rare) is prompt and always involves an email or message from their Facebook page.

Overall TherapyNotes is a great program for solo and small providers who are needing a EHR program.

Reviewed on 2018/07/18

Pros

TherapyNotes is a great program for small providers who are needing to move to EHR/EMD. The interface is easy to follow, and the support team is easy to work with and great in resolving issues. I have recommended this platform to numerous peers and colleagues in the Mental Health Counseling or Psychotherapy fields.

Cons

Things I wish it had, like some of the larger software programs are:
1. Dashboard view for Supervisors and Administrators to notify them of any documentation that may be nearing required time frames for submission, and of any upcoming treatment plans, etc.
2. The ability to modify documentation templates to meet the specific need of the provider.
3. The ability to have billing modifiers automatically generate with a service claim, as currently you have to enter these prior to billing for each claim being submitted. In my small Outpatient practice, all users have a "HO" modifier that has to be added to every service claim. It would be nice if the TherapyNotes program implemented a process that would generate that code based on the professional providing the service.

These three items are personal "wants", but considering the cost and ease of use, they are minor compared to the great product that is being delivered by TherapyNotes.

Ugochi B.

# One Go-To

Reviewed on 2018/08/02

I’d been holding off on reviewing Therapy Notes for nearly 2 years now because I’ve had this feeling that the moment I do, i’d jinx it. The truth is that I have not had a single bad experience with Therapy Notes since I got started. They have been so considerate. They understood that I although I needed a quality method of writing my notes, scheduling and submitting claims, I was also starting out - setting up my practice in a new city; and they took that into consideration in their pricing.

Prior to Therapy Notes, I did my notes myself. Can I just say, it was HECTIC and time consuming. Now, note-taking and scheduling as well as submitting claims, are a breeze. Therapy Notes has surely made my work easier - to say the least.

Special shout out to team. It’s simply awesome! Very kind, patient and polite, never failed me and I bet she never will.

Therapy Notes...KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK and HR...keep hiring awesome workers.

Pros

Creating progress notes (option to select from history)
Submitting claims
Scheduling and email reminders

To many to list!

Cons

Nothing. Why do I have to put something down if I have nothing bad to say?

An excellent system for any therapist

Reviewed on 2018/12/21

Excellent overall experience and I recommend TherapyNotes to any therapist I talk to. So comforting to have a system customized for therapists that helps make record keeping, documentation, and admin responsibilities run smoothly so we can focus on client-care. I have worked in other organizations that didn't have a system like TherapyNotes and it was a nightmare keeping up on notes and billing.

Pros

Ease of scheduling and billing.
Very knowledgeable and responsive customer support.
The format of the psychotherapy progress note is excellent and has passed insurance audits with flying colors.
It provides a great amount of safe-guards to help minimize documentation and billing errors.
The amount of features offered for the price is outstanding in my opinion.

Cons

Very few cons I can think of aside from maybe a bit more flexibility with editing. For example, if I realize I made a spelling or grammatical error on a note after I've signed it this can pose a challenge in terms of going back and editing.

Suzi A.

The transition from paper record keeping to TherapyNotes was smooth and easier than expected!

Reviewed on 2017/09/17

Moving from a paper system to an electronic record keeping system.
Increased efficiency in my record keeping.

Pros

I can't say enough great things about TherapyNotes, LLC. I am a licensed psychologist who has been in private practice for 10 years. I switched from a paper system to TherapyNotes about two years ago. At first I was worried that the adjustment would be rough on an "old-schooler" like me, but the transition was smooth and I found the platform very user friendly. I love that TherapyNotes integrates my calendar, to-do list, notes and billing - it helps me to keep organized and on top of my practice. The progress note template provided is quick and easy to complete yet thorough. If you're looking to change to an electronic record keeping system, I would highly recommend TherapyNotes, LLC.

Cons

I honestly like everything about this program. If there was something I had to complain about, it would be that I don't know how to use all the features of this program; specifically the billing features and the client portal. That is not the programs fault though...that is a user error:)

Nancy S.

Computer (and math) impaired therapist finally found practice program I love!

Reviewed on 2019/02/14

I have cleaned up my backlog of insurance claims, am current and sleep better at night. I am so glad to have found this program after 10 years of attempting to use others, spending hours and hours trying to figure out what I did wrong and how to correct it with them. They were time consuming instead of time saving TherapyNotes is time saving. These guys seem to have thought of pretty much everything and seem to understand what therapists need. I was able to do everything I wanted to do with the program the first day, it was extremely easy to figure out, and I am a slow learner THANKS!!

Pros

It makes sense. They have a ledger with session charge, what patient paid what patient's balance is, what insurance should pay, what it did pay, what's outstanding all laid out together in a line. I tried Simple Practice and Theranest and quickbooks and could never figure out what everyone's balances were, now it's right there. Such a time saver. Submitting and tracking insurance payments is just a click, great. They understand that therapists do groups, and have a pretty good system for tracking notes and payments, could use a little work there. Scheduling is clear and easy. Getting around is clear and easy. Correcting errors is a breeze! I neeed that a LOT! Tech support is wonderful (OK they do get that very kind tone in their voice but everyone always uses that tone when they talk to me about computers.)

Cons

The damn blue type face! What is it with practice programs using this hard-to-read font? I have a visual limitation and it's difficult to see. Also don't like it that they won't let me take things off my "to do list" until I do them. thanks mom!

Gail E.

TherapyNotes is a must have for your EHR software

Reviewed on 2019/08/18

one business problem that I am solving with therapy notes is eliminating the fear of billing. With therapynotes, there is no concern what so ever when I am billing. once notes are in. Billing is a breeze.

Pros

I highly recommend TherapyNotes as your source of EHR. It is an intuitive software that is dependable. Tech support is great. They are patience and walk their customers through challenges. If you call during after hours and leave a message, tech support return your call immediately during their business hours. The software is amazingly easy to operate. Billing is amazing. Just a click of the button. I like everything about Therapy Notes. Their credit card payment system for my clients are first class. This makes accepting payment quick and easy.

Cons

If I could change anything about the software, I would change the information on the intake application. It needs to be a little more comprehensive when gathering information from the client about their history.

Annie C.

Makes a small practice possible!

Reviewed on 2017/03/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I've been using TherapyNotes for a year. The improvements over time make the program easier to use, which only improves my satisfaction. With the note taking template I find my practice to be more goal oriented, as opposed to "problem du jour," and the ability to print out professional looking Intake Evals, notes and billing records provides very professional looking communication. I was skeptical that I had the brain to do billing, but the features of this program are intuitive and the phone support is so patient and knowledgeable, that even I can pull this off without hiring a biller. The price is quite reasonable. I was paying a lease fee that was a quarter to a third of what I was making at a group practice. The text message reminders are effective and scheduling portal saves me time on the phone. I have only had one person miss an appointment. TherapyNotes allows me to practice in a rural, underserved population without having a long commute to make my living. I feel a sense of satisfaction every time I use it. It's almost like having your own staff in a tablet! I use an iPad and a jet pack. I have a laptop for downloading the Electronic Funds Transactions that are not yet automatic. The service is reliable. It's never not come through and the system always responds.

Pros

Cons

You really should have some basic education in billing. It won't take much time, but knowing basic terms and the limits of billing codes is important .

Starlene S.

User friendly plenty of options for our office setting. Great customer service they are very helpful

Reviewed on 2018/04/13

Pros

The system is easy to learn. They have great options such as the automatic reminder system this helps cut down on individual calling. The new patient portal option seems to be helpful.

Cons

The system does not have a option to print multiples schedules at one time. We have 15 therapist and we have to print their schedules individually. Therapist do not have the option to see their billing totals to keep track. When using the portal you still have to call, schedule, and send paperwork.

Response from TherapyNotes

Thanks for the 9/10 review, Starlene! Perhaps you can avoid printing schedules at all by using the calendar sync feature so that clinicians can see their schedules on their smart phones? There is a setting to give therapists limited billing access so they can see their billing totals. We are working on more portal improvements, as you know, so a lot more is coming! Please call or email support if you want to follow up on any of these items. Thanks again!

Shawna E.

Therapy Notes = Awesomeness

Reviewed on 2019/08/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I actually love everything about this software! It is user friendly and helps me remember what I need to do. Creating session notes has become less time consuming and less overwhelming if you tend to be a bit of a procrastinator. I am just now learning the billing aspects and so far I appreciate how it lays it all out. I do not use the insurance/claims section, but as the rest of software is user friendly, I assume that part is as well. It has helped our practice in scheduling, allowing us to see all clinicians schedule so that double booking of the office does not happen. The price is just right for a small practice.

Cons

At this time I have not found anything that I do not like about this software.