Kim S.

Excellent Product with GREAT Customer Service and always innovating

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

EXCELLENT. I recommend Breeze to everyone I can - they are super competent and super helpful, a GREAT combination in information technology.

Pros

Super intuitive, organized, easy to use for reporting & communicating, always improving, and GREAT customer service. When I have a question about how to do something, I get an answer within the hour - not within the week. And on those rare occasions when they don't currently have a tool I need, they send me a link to request a feature. Great company, I can't wait for them to roll out their next component!

Cons

I wish Breeze had an accounting platform that could replace my QuickBooks. Breeze understands the needs of churches and non-profits, so I appreciate their take on managing our information.

Stefani lynn G.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Affordable and somewhat user friendly

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

Great experience, friendly staff & somewhat easy to navigate.

Pros

Great way to keep and share information all in one place.

Cons

It’s missing some things that would be helpful, but they are open to adding them if enough people need them.

Janet F.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Make your data usable and easy to access

Reviewed on 2020/03/23

Breeze has been a wonderful company to work with. Training new people to use it has been so easy. We are extremely happy with this software.

Pros

I like many things about this product. For contributions, it is so easy to track giving and to teach others how to input the data. Reporting is quick and easy. Online giving is easy for donors to use.
I also like the ease of editing categories and tracking attendance for our training classes and Sunday school.
For a general database of members, it is so easy to edit and tag people for the various groups you create.
The customer service at Breeze is the best! They have always answered any question quickly and cheerfully, and they are available to any user.
The cost is reasonable and includes all of the features.

Cons

Sometime I cannot get the reports I want, but I think that is because I haven't researched how to do it.
Online contributions can take a week to get into our bank account; however, the notifications are immediate, so that is helpful.

David S.

Breeze is a Church Database Game Changer

Reviewed on 2020/01/09

So far, I absolutely love Breeze! I cannot overstate how much nicer and easier it is to use than our old database. Breeze is intuitive to use, you can easily customize its data fields, sort data easily, etc. and they have really good customer service. Every time I have called, people have been friendly and have worked quickly to get the answers that we needed. During our set up process and with some questions after they, they have responded very quickly. I am very happy that we have made the switch and only regret that we did not do so sooner.

Pros

Breeze is easily customizable and intuitive to use. The previous database we used literally required hours-long training classes to learn how to use. This is not the case with Breeze.

Cons

We are new users to Breeze, so we have not experienced a lot of hiccups yet. The only thing it does not have is a financial accounting piece. You can track pledges and giving with it, which is nice, but you ultimately still need to use something like Quickbooks to manage the money side of things. For us institutionally, that is actually fine.

David W.

Not only for churches, but non-profits too!

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

We have loved Breeze. Our users love it. I've recommended a handful of other churches and nonprofit organizations to try out Breeze, and the ones who went with Breeze have all loved it.

Pros

Tagging architecture - allows you to organize ALL of your data so quickly and intuitively. I think this is hands down the BEST feature of Breeze. I've demo'd several other competitors, and I think Breeze does this the best. They also do tons of other things (online forms, payment integration, Mailchimp integration, webhooks, calendar events, etc.). Breeze was a game-changer for our organization. We researched several big CRMs, and even though Breeze is much cheaper, it served our needs MUCH better.

Cons

I think the email editor could be improved. We use it daily, and it gets the job done, but for rich-text emailing, should be better.

Sandy F.

Great System for a Great Price

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

They are always helpful, well trained and respond quickly. They are also very receptive to changes and suggestions.

Pros

We really love this system. It is great for tracking and communicating. It is such a robust system for the price. When we researched systems, other databases with all these options were considerably more expense. They are always rolling out new updates which shows us how much they care about our input and the work they are doing.

Cons

The email system, forms and reports all work but could use updates to fix some glitches and have more options available. Even with these though, we are very pleased with the system.

Susanna B.

Love Breeze!

Reviewed on 2020/01/14

Pros

Breeze is well...a breeze! It's simple to use, and can be customized to fit the needs of your congregation. I love the simplicity of creating forms and collecting payment for events. Breeze is consistently adding to their product, and they do a good job of informing you and supporting you. Transition from the previous management system went seamlessly.

Cons

Check-in for events can be slow at times. I believe wireless printing is now available for name tags, but that still seems to be a work in progress.

Maria H.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great product at a great price and you just can't beat their customer service!

Reviewed on 2018/01/24

Price is great. Easy to use and manipulate the data. Support can't be beat. It is an all-around great product.

Pros

Breeze is so very easy to learn and use. One is up and running quickly. Our members just love the phone app and staff is thrilled with how easy it is to use and the reports we can get. Check-in is so much easier now - no more fighting with our prior program. Volunteer reminders are a snap and so helpful. Breeze is customizable for fields specific to individual churches and all the data is easily accessible. Plus, you can't beat their customer support if you do have a question - many times they send a quick video of how to do it using your own data! They are so patient and no question is a "dumb" question. They transferred our data over from our prior company and stuck with us when some data didn't come over. They worked with it until we got it all from the prior company - and at no charge. The price is great, too. I also really appreciate the newsy emails we receive with helpful hints about Breeze or ministry in general. Compared to other programs, it really is a Breeze. Love, love, love Breeze!

Cons

There are a couple of really minor things I wish we had that were in a prior program (such as a copy button to copy name and address to the clipboard to use in other programs), but that is sooo minor compared to what it offers.

Jane S.

We love Breeze!

Reviewed on 2020/05/04

Breeze is very user friendly and they are very responsive to any issues or help we need. The tutorials are terrific too!

Pros

The product is easy to use and helps us organize our ministry and outreach.

Cons

I would recommend learning all you can before migrating over. We had it just dumped in from our old system and have spent the year cleaning it up and reorganizing.

Sari W.

Breeze Software review

Reviewed on 2020/01/31

Ease of use for multiple users. My experience has been great so far!

Pros

#1 - that it is cloud based. #2 - The design and ability to add whatever fields work for our organization. #3 - customer service is great! #4 - The no-charge for import of information from our old system to Breeze. #5 - the ability to set access levels for different people. #6 - Cost is great!
#7 - While Breeze promotes this software for Churches, I feel it is useful for ANY non-profit that maintains a database with donor contributions.

Cons

#1 - there are a couple of navigation issues that I feel can be improved upon, but I think with time and enough suggestions that Breeze will implement these items.
#2 - I suggest that anyone doing an import of data, that you set up your fields first...then let Breeze do the import. Otherwise you have to go into each record and update the data. Yes, you can do a global import of data after the installation...but I have found it cumbersome. With more experience, I'm sure it will be easier.

Response from Breeze ChMS

Thanks for your review, Sari! Blessings to you and your church.

Eric B.

GREAT TOOL FOR CHURCH MANAGEMENT

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

I believe it is good overall. We learned along the way. The fees I believed are very budget friendly considering other software. There are features we have not yet utilized but could be later on.

Pros

Web based. Can be used on desktop or mobile device. Permits multi-users with different log-ins and capability levels. Evolves with times/users' needs. Great customer support when we needed it. Help tutorials.

Cons

Sending out statements for previous years is easy but, doing so requires adjusting the dates on the correspondence separately each time. I sent someone a statement for a particular year. My data was correct but the correspondence indicated another year all together because I had not separately changed it.

Tim D.

Breeze ChMS for Youth Ministry

Reviewed on 2019/01/23

Breeze is extremely affordable and super helpful

Pros

Breeze is very simple and easy to use. It is intuitive and I did not have to go through a weekend worth of training just to understand the software like many other programs. When I did need a little help the start-up guide with videos is a very useful introduction. The user guide is well made and makes it easy to find answers to your questions too.

I use it for a youth ministry program within a larger church. Although this is not necessarily the intended design, Breeze does everything and more that I need for ministry and at an affordable price. The Church wide database is far too complex and expensive to add on 'modules' in order do everything Breeze is capable of doing. Breeze is so good that I wish my whole Church used it!

Cons

Breeze has pretty much met all of my expectations. It would be hard for me to think of something I like the least. The one thing that might be helpful is to bolster their electronic forms with some additional features, but their forms are already better than most databases I have worked with.

Daniel M.

Aptly Named

Reviewed on 2020/03/11

Pros

Breeze is, quite simply, "a breeze." It is full-featured, attractive to the eye, well-supported, and economical. I wish we had found it much sooner, as we wasted a lot of time with a much more cumbersome and much more expensive system.

Cons

So far, I have yet to be disappointed. I suppose it my happen in the future, but not yet!

Walter A.

Perfect for small/medium churches

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

Overall, Breeze has been great. It has plenty of power and control for an organization our size (400 weekly attendance). Their customer support is the best I've ever encountered.

Pros

While some other church management programs are convoluted and cumbersome, BreezeCHMS somehow manages to strike a perfect balance of being simple, easy to use, and still very powerful.

Cons

While there are ways to "get around it," Breeze doesn't allow you to modify which basic details you can track about your members (for example, you can list someone as a child, but not grandchild)

Phil K.

Breeze Church Software Review

Reviewed on 2020/02/03

We use Breeze to organize volunteers and attendees. We use it for kids life checkin, online giving management, etc. It is a great tool for us.

Pros

Customer service. Especially in the most recent challenges I have ran into with using new versions of the software, I have had very quick responses to my questions. I was trying to schedule volunteers in the new version of that part of Breeze and was unable to figure out how to do a function I had always done with the older version. I got a same day response with a video on how to achieve exactly what I was trying to do.

Cons

I really like the software. There have been things here and there where I had to dig a little to find something. Their customer help has a neat feature with a bot that looks at the question and usually finds the right answer.

Response from Breeze ChMS

Thanks for your review, Phil. Blessings to you and your church!

Jessica S.
  • Industry: Accounting

Breeze is simple but still does a ton!

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

Pros

I was not familiar with Breeze until my job as a secretary at a church and I love it especially as a church Directory! It is easy and simple to use and it is super convenient to look someones phone number and address up! It lives up to its name Breeze working like a breeze ;)

Cons

Something I think would that be helpful in regards to the Form feature if it said on the form by the required that needed filled out "required" instead of "optional" by the optional lines. As example, we use the form feature for our Connection Card on our church app. Say I put a subject line for someone to tell us, "How many people will be attending with you?". It isn't required for them to fill out if they won't be attending, but they can't submit the form until they put a number. I wouldn't want it to say 'optional' next to it because it is required if they are attending so event. Hope that makes sense! I think it would cause things to be more smooth for the person filling it out.

Elizabeth D.

Best church software

Reviewed on 2020/07/22

I absolutely love Breeze and I recommend it to every pastor who asks. We are especially thrilled that we implemented it prior to Covid-19, because it has made virtual contact and organization significantly easier.

Pros

Breeze is extremely easy to use. It is easy to navigate from an administration point of view, and it's easy for users to access as well. It also combines all of our services: online giving, envelope giving, emails, directory, groups, calendars, and attendance. They have thought of everything churches need.

Cons

The one problem is that some people do not receive the emails from the church - either they get stuck in spam or promotional folders. I should say it's better than our last email agent that we used, but there are still some un-received emails by members.

Vanessa L.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Breeze is definitely a "Breeze" to use.

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

Our experience with Breeze has been outstanding!

Pros

User Friendly
Well trained customer service dept.
Request a Feature is an awesome tool
Very Affordable

Cons

When designing a form you have to work within a small text box instead of a screen so it can be a little difficult. But really that is the only dislike. This product is amazing!

David R.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Easy to use affordable curch software

Reviewed on 2019/11/13

Has been good to work with breeze. System runs smoothly

Pros

You get amazing bang for your buck with this product. Easy to use. Love the new scheduling of volunteers

Cons

Sometimes creating forms then having to link them separately from event attendance is a mission. Only able to send SMS of a certain size. If you run over , instead of sending two messages the system wont let you send it.

Deb L.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Breeze is more than a database!

Reviewed on 2020/04/22

I find that Breeze is exactly what our church needs to look and be professional. Plus I can't say enough about the customer service. They are polite, professional, excellent problem solvers.

Pros

I am impressed with Breeze ChMS because it is multilayered and all encompassing. It's more than a database! The financial and banking capabilities are easy to use and I loved creating our own surveys and registration forms. Breeze is going to be a major player in growing our church community.

Cons

I wish there was a better way to send something like a newsletter with links?

Marilyn M.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

We're onboard with Breeze!

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

We've set up a secure "Kids Zone" using Breeze to print nametags for the children & 'claim tags' for parents. Attendance is easy using Breeze and reports enable pertinent use of the data gathered. We're been using Breeze for several years and are very happy with it!

Pros

It's hard to pick one thing, but first off, we like the flexibility to design the input to fit an individual church's programs and record-keeping needs. Also the cost is reasonable, the product is routinely enhanced without requiring the purchase of a new version.

Cons

Originally it took getting used to how to 'query' information.

Patty J.

Breeze review

Reviewed on 2018/10/15

In addition to the previous statements, Breeze recently helped us as we transitioned to adding online giving to our contributions. I also appreciate that I can listen to blog updates when I choose, not on someone else's schedule.
Thanks to the staff!

Pros

As a small church, we love that we can pick and choose just the programs we wish to use.
From the start, Breeze staff has responded to questions and concerns with kindness and in a timely fashion.

Cons

We had to work out a couple of issues in the beginning, concerning the working of PC's to Apple. I am happy to report these have been resolved.

Chad N.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great product, amazing support!

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

Pros

The best part about Breeze is how user friendly it is. As the volunteer "Church IT Guy", I was able set things up and do some brief training for the church office staff and they were able to take it from there. But what's even more important , because Breeze is so easy to use, PEOPLE ACTUALLY USE IT!

Also the support is the best support I have ever had, anywhere. Very quick response time and personalized help.

Cons

Feature set is not robust as some other solutions but all the important stuff is there and even as they add features they seem to keep their focus on keeping things simple and user friendly.

Jason M.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

In the world of church management software, it doesn't get any easier

Reviewed on 2015/07/21

Pros

The software is easy to navigate and intuitive. I don't need training to figure it out. It comes with unlimited users and some nice features like SMS. I actually enjoy using it, which is not something I've ever said about church management software.

Cons

I'm not a huge fan of the attendance tracking by Calendar view. On the plus side it works, but if you have a ton of classes on Sunday that you're tracking, it gives the impression visually that you're not using the software correctly, as it's so cluttered and one Sunday takes up most of the page. But it works, and it's easy.

Margaret C.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Switched to Breeze, never going back

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Absolutely everything is a breeze when using Breeze. Fantastic customer support. If you make a suggestion, it gets implemented quickly...although that might be coincidence.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to train, easy to set up. Everything is easy, but overall very powerful.

Cons

A bit too evangelical, but they are church software.