CureMD

Cloud based solution for small to mid-size medical practices

Chris T.

LOOK ELSEWHERE

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

During the sales demo, they put their best foot forward. Implementation is a nightmare. The training is online and VERY poor quality. The implementation team is rude and inept. They push toward go live as quickly as possible. Our staff and providers walked away from training confused. After six months of trying to get this software up and running, we abandoned it. It cost 5k to get started. It cost weeks of paid staff time. They disrupted EOB reconciliation, making it difficult to determine patient balances. The is terrible software by an unethical company.

Pros

Moderately priced full featured EMR and practice management software

Cons

This company does two things well. First, sell you a product. Second, make your life miserable. We stopped at implementation. Implementation and training was awful. Office staff and providers complained about the quality of training. They hijacked accounts receivable making it difficult to determine and collect patient balances. Sales will make promises that are never kept. Make sure you get everything in writing.

Mikki S.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

In general working with this software is stress free!

Reviewed on 2018/08/16

In general I am happy with the software--it truly could not be easier to use.

Pros

I like the simplicity if the software. Everything about CureMD is very easy to navigate. Another plus is that I can view some elements of the software via an app--which is super helpful when I am on the go.

Cons

I do not like that it only seems to function with Internet Explorer. Periodically there are glitches in the system which prevent me from completing a task.

Teresa S.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

the emr/ehr will take care of all your needs

Reviewed on 2018/04/20

I'M VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE WAY THEY HAVE DEVELOPED SOFTWARE TO MAKE PROVIDERS CHARTING EASIER

Pros

I LIKE THE THEY HAS PROGRESSED AND THAT YOU CAN MORE FROM FIELD TO FIELD EASLY, CLAIM SCRUB, ALSO WITH THE ICD 10 WILL IDENTIFY THAT YOU HAVE USED WRONG CODE

Cons

I DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING THAT I HAD ANY NEGATIVE FEED BACK AT THIS TIME, I AM INTERESTED TO SEE HOW REPORTS WORK

Patrick G.

Great customization

Reviewed on 2016/10/13

This was my first product for my individual psychiatry practice. I am very happy so far. There have been some bugs that popped up unexpectedly but the customer service is great. My rep was available very quickly through phone and email. The trainings were extensive and well-run.

Pros

The customization is by far the biggest selling point. With the custom modules that can be created along with templates, my workflow is much faster. You can include everything needed for the highest complexity necessary and can choose what components go into each note.

Cons

Doing prescriptions takes a bit longer due to several steps needed to do each medication, but this is a mild irritant only. The program only runs on Internet Explorer, which is somewhat limiting, but nothing that would dissuade me from recommending it.

Gregory C.

Horrible

Reviewed on 2017/12/20

I Strongly recommend against this company. If you do proceed you need a lawyer to review your contract. They will promise you the world during the sell but leave everything out of the contract. They are still holding my data hostage. Make it clear in the contract you have right to all data and can have it migrated at no charge.

Pros

Nothing good about this company. Had to drop them after the first year. That was 3 years ago. We are still trying to get our data from them.

Cons

The system was painfully slow and almost impossible to document well even with the templates.
Customer service was awful.
The final straw was a salesperson calling me up frantically telling me there’s no way I can meet meaningful use unless I pay them thousands of dollars to step in and assist me. I informed them my malpractice offers a free service and I refused to pay. Despite this, I’d get harassed weekly to sign a credit card release so they can bill me. Come to find out, I was fine all along and met meaningful use without paying them thousands.

Pinky P.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Best software for our practice!

Reviewed on 2018/02/15

We have 2 systems from CureMD they both are completely customized to our requirements.

Pros

Great support team, we can call them any time or email them and they get back to us.
They help us with Meaningful use and MIPS
Very easy to learn, our new staff can pick it up in a day or so
They helped us with things which are only related to us, like inventory system or new reports as we are different than other practices.

Diana H.

Overpromised and Underdelivered

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

Extremely frustrating.

Pros

Absolutely Nothing. Providers do not like it. Office staff do not like it. Owner does not like it.

Cons

This system was sold as a full suite billing and EHR system. Had to use internet explorer, flat fees per month were very prohibitive, support in Pakistan, patient billing was sent months after the fact once insurances paid, patients complained, finally got a rein of the situation and billed patients directly and told them insurance would reimburse them for whatever was covered on their plan.

Sariye S.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Horrible experience! Almost nothing works! Waste of money and time!!!!

Reviewed on 2017/03/10

Pros

Nothing!!!!! Can't even think one positive about this system unfortunately! Deep regrets picking such system!

Cons

Horrible system and service!!!. Cannot even resolve any issue we come across. What a waste of time/money !!!!
Reps have no clue about anything. They will close the tickets even before resolving problems. Using paper charts would be more time saving and safe!!!!! Can't wait to switch to another system. This system is way below standards!!!!!

Practice management software

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Pros

They have a great support team, available anytime, by phone call or email. Simple to use and overall good reporting options.

Cons

The platform is outdated and needs to be updated, it is not very intuitive. It is clunky, does not work well with other browsers, only in explorer.

Joffery A.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Good features, low cost, and customizable

Reviewed on 2014/08/19

Pros

The software didn't cost us a lot. It does what we ask it to do, and we don't have to call someone over for updates; they're automatic.

Cons

A support issue took about three days once. I get that it was complex, and other vendors take as much time, but three days was very long for my practice.

Melanie B.

Thumbs up for CureMD

Reviewed on 2014/12/17

Pros

It's very easy to use and is customizable. They have great support that is always there to help us. Before CureMD, we had a huge problem with support, however, support with CureMD has been exceptional.

Cons

Nothing really. The product has so far exceeded our expectations.

Tim B.

Best I've come across, and Oh I've come across many!

Reviewed on 2015/11/09

It's been four years since I am using CureMD's specialty ehr for my practice, I can proudly say that I am a loyal and happy customer. Never have I experienced any major issue for which the company didn't offer prompt support. The best part is that it's customized to suit my specialty which is oncology. It's easy to use and saves my practice a lot of time. I highly recommend it to my colleagues.

Jenny B.

Our office uses CureMD.

Reviewed on 2016/07/06

Pros

It's the standard. When it works, it does everything we need it to.

Cons

It often gets glitchy. But there is great customer support for the most part.

Chris N.

CureMD

Reviewed on 2017/01/13

This product is new to medical coding for dental implants and is getting more familiar every day.

Stephanie D.

EMR

Reviewed on 2016/11/08

The system is simple enough but it does have it's flaws as does any system. The price is competitive with other billing options out there.

Pros

easy to use, reasonably priced.

Cons

Feels like for the last 2yrs or so Curemd's main focus has been their EHR and not their billing program. The billing side could use some work and updates for instance i don't need to know a patient's sexual orientation to bill for an office visit. We do not use the EMR so it is a waste of time to have to fill in or skip these items.

Ahmad Z.

No Tech support

Reviewed on 2019/07/13

We have Cure md for over a year now the EHR itself is good its easy to use but their tech support is bad especially on weekends

Pros

Its easy to use . And simple easy to go around.

Cons

There is no Tech support on weekends. No person available and you cant leave voicemail for anyone because everyone's mailboxes are full. You email no one answers And try to do live chat that's not available either. Its for doctors so they don't work on Saturdays,

Anil A.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

MD

Reviewed on 2016/10/04

Its easy useable and less complicated,easy icon, very well selection of icons and less complicated, made for us especially, keeping in mind, the time factor and speed a physician needs

Pros

user friendly, easy icon, very well selection of icons and less complicated, made for us especially, keeping in mind, the time factor and speed a physician needs

Cons

might not look beautiful or colorful as other products

Rebecca K.

Good system

Reviewed on 2017/02/04

The EMR is user-friendly, and the information on patients is easy to locate. There is a series of categories and subcategories. Even employees who weren't trained on CureMD EMR found it very easy for them to get into the clinical side of things and find their way around. I liked CureMD EMR much better than our previous EMR. The previous one stalled and was slow and hard to work through, but these issues have all improved with CureMD in our office.

Mark N.

Great vendor partner

Reviewed on 2015/02/20

As an office manager for a four-provider practice, I am gearing to prepare the practice billing department for ICD-10 conversion. Saying I was concerned about the conversion would be an understatement. I discussed this with my EHR and Practice Management vendor, CureMD and to my relief they were already ICD-10 ready. While discussing the transition process, I realize there have to be tremendous changes to be made and we would have to hire a professional coder. The costs were going higher than we have estimated. So, we decided to take advantage of CureMD's billing services. Our collections have increased and we don't have to worry about denials or ICD-10 anymore.

Cory K.

Pretty Awful

Reviewed on 2016/09/22

They screwed up insurance credentialing, cost too much, and no providers like it. Worst customer service, they just expect everyone to be a doctor so when an IT professional deals with them they are clueless. Have features listed and in the program that aren't even functional, apparently on the roadmap though.

Pros

Nothing

Cons

Customer service
Customer service x50

Alan B.

The support team is very professional and helpful

Reviewed on 2018/01/29

Pros

It was mostly easy to use, there were very few areas that I would improve upon. Most were self explanatory.

Cons

There were a few too many screens to navigate through just to get to the area that I needed. I wish there were a way that you could navigate easier.

Cure MD the virtual doctors office!

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Cure MD allowed me to save a lot of time with transferring results and referrals. Saves the patient time in their day as well as the medical providers!

Pros

Papers and pens are Shakespeare days! Cure MD not only makes you feel as if your in the future but also saves you massive amount of filing time and organization. You can store years worth of disclosed confidential medical imaging reports, blood results and much more. The staff loves Cure MD simply because its simple to use.

Cons

Cure MD has no cons! You need Cure MD in every medical office!!

Jessica A.

Revolutionary

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

Amazing application with a lot of options.
If I have any questions I am able to log a ticket to the support team and get an instant answer if I call or receive a call from them; versus experience of waiting for days or weeks from former EMR vendors.

Pros

CureMD revolutionized my practice. I had used clunky EMRs in the past and always felt they were too slow to upload info. When I first started using CureMD I would compare the experience as learning how to fly a modern drone trying to capture a panoramic view of Manhattan. With the help of CURE MD very knowledgeable support team I have been able to drag myself out of the paper file gutter into the heights of the Medical Matrix. Brilliant EMR software

Cons

interoperability with other emrs and hospitals
but that may be changing in the future in NY State

Look Elsewhere for an EHR

Reviewed on 2020/03/17

We were a small practice and we used this as our first EHR. It didn't last a year and they charge you a cancellation fee or monthly until your term is up, which ours was 5 years. It was atrocious.

Pros

There aren't many, if any, pros this software has to offer versus any other ambulatory EHR system. If you need basic, you can certainly take a look here.

Cons

The support was awful. They didn't know their own software. They'd tell me a function wasn't possible, and after a while of me toying with the software, I figured out how to do it. I had multiple account managers before I finally got rid of this software.

Andre A.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Much better than my previous EHR

Reviewed on 2014/08/15

Pros

The integrated system has saved me a lot of time. Everything is simple, defined, and convenient. Previously, I was using Athena for their EHR and a smaller vendor for Practice Management. There was always a hassle of compatibility and data being duplicated.

Cons

Its access is limited to Windows. I'd love to see my EHR on my Mac. Their iPad app, Avalon, isn't fully functional at the moment; however, that is improving, and I've been assured that full functionality will come in pretty soon. Apart from that, it's perfect.