Elexio Community

Web based and hosted church management software

4,2
3,9
4,5

So easy to search for church members, register for events, and give donations

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Our church is so well connected. We're able to see the directory, manage our giving, and register for events. As a church administrator, this software is also simple to use on the back end.

Pros

I love how easy this software is to use. You can quickly see what options your church has to interact, and as a church member who has used this software on the back-end, it's also easy to set up events and options for users.

Cons

It can sometimes be buggy on the user side, I've had it freeze up when trying to log in or register, but a simple refresh fixes it.

Response from Elexio

Thank you so much for your feedback. We'll make sure the team gets your notes around the platform. Looking forward to the opportunity to continue serving you.

Keturah S.
Industry: Events Services

Elexio has been an asset to our Synagogue

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

The former database I was using for ministry support was pretty outdated. We are considered by some a small congregation so outdated seemed ok. The reason why I first decided to make the change to Elexio was to utilize children's check in feature. However, that is just a small feature compared to how it has helped me streamline the office here. Our giving has gone up since initiating this product. I feel more confident that there will be less or no glitches in reprots. The customer service is excellent and the training has been very helpful

Pros

It makes my job much easier. It has helped encourage giving by our members which is very important. I have a greater ease of accessing important information. It has been a time saver for me when I do our weekly giving reports.

Cons

it is pretty easy to work with but some areas can be a little tricky. The support team is amazing and makes even the tricky parts make sense and they get me going again. What I like least isn't so much about the software but more about the training video's. Some are very long. I would prefer 30 minute segments. longer video's are difficult to sit through and can be a bit boring.

Weston O.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Intuitive Interface with hot and cold features and support

Reviewed on 2017/02/28

The easy of doing the basics of looking people up from anywhere (phone/computer/tablet) is quick and most of the functions are intuitive and helpful, but most software in this category does that. The elements that should make or break things are a mixed bag. The mobil app is excellent, with integration to maps and phone so you don't have to jump apps, meaning you can look up someone, click their address and pull up directions, or click their number to call and it connects to your phone app to begin the call, without copy or pasting addresses or phone numbers.
However some of their defining features don't work near as well as advertised. The main reason we went with Elexio was there "workflows" which allow you to automate a lot of processes, but unless you have very specific needs that the workflows fit, it may not function as needed. We have worked with customer service a lot, I mean A LOT. To their credit, their customer service is quick, friendly, and responsive. However, it didn't take many phone calls to figure out that not all customer service people are the same. I felt like I was training them a number of times (again, due to the intuitiveness of their software, I had figured quite a bit out) just to get to the problem I was having, only to have them say "oh, yeah, it can't do that, I'll put in a feature request for you." We have put in a number of "feature requests" in the first couple months. Some are for some pretty specific needs on how we do things, but many are things that seem pretty basic.
I will say they do seem to update regularly and have worked well with us.
If you're looking for an intuitive software with easily accessible customer support, then this is a decent product that I would recommend, and we will be staying with it. If you're looking at moving from a similar product for some of their bells and whistles, I would wait a bit until they've worked out some of the kinks. Also, I wouldn't recommend their "coaching/training" package. Again, they have created such an intuitive interface that, unless your staff need a lot of handholding or aren't moderately tech competent, it's probably redundant. Again, nice enough people doing the training, but only about 15-20% of the content of the training was helpful, as we had figured out the other 80% on our own, and it was woefully slow in presentation, definitely not worth the expense.

Pros

See my review

Cons

See my review

Response from Elexio

Thank you for the feedback, Weston. We'd love to hear any additional comments on how we can better approach the training for onboarding folks at different levels of the learning process. I did want to let you know we really utilize these feature requests in our roadmap, so do keep sharing them as we continue to develop the strengthen the platform. Feel free to share any of this at [email protected] Thanks again!

Alice S.

Reviewed on 2020/06/21

Getting out overall Contributions

Pros

Ability to key in contributions and now with Beta screens easier to input Notes

Cons

The Reports that I am able to get out of the software. Used to be able with old version to have reports that I needed and save them to use each month. Starting to move to this in the "newer" version, but still have a long way to go to have the old reporting ability. Still not able to get a report out for Credit Card Charges by Fund giving to. Should be there within the database.

Bryan M.

A System That Connects

Reviewed on 2020/06/08

Pros

Being able to easily search for specific people by location, relationship, and standing is so helpful. The integration with our website, customizable fields, and ease of automated processes makes Elexio Database a no brainer.

Cons

While there are always features in any program that could be added, Elexio does a good job of listening to its clients about which ones take priority over others. I could always use even more customizable fields to more narrowly define people in searches.

Shawna P.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Elexio/Shelby Financials for a small/medium church

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

The Elexio church management side is absolutely wonderful. It is so easy to use, makes sense and reports are clicks away. The few struggles we've had with initial set up on the accounting side are outweighed by the program itself and the top notch customer service. I have said that some day when I have this program mastered maybe I'll apply to be product support for this company.

Pros

The Elexio donor statements themselves and the ease of use to print them are by far my favorite features.
After learning to use Shelby financials, it is easy and thorough. There was a learning curve from what our old software was difficult but now that I've got it, I really like it. Reports are greatly improved and much easier for deacons to read.

Cons

I felt that the transition between our former accounting program and this new program did not go well. I did not feel there enough included training hours to ask questions all the questions. A once a year national conference for training is offered but the travel expenses are cost prohibitive for a smaller Alaskan church.

Kim B.

Elexio easy for staff

Reviewed on 2020/04/06

Staff learned the software quickly and uses it everyday. Metrics are better and so is communication between ministries and within ministry teams.

Pros

Easy to learn, easy to use, interactions, workflows. Forms easy to create, email and embed.

Cons

Children’s Check-in has never worked reliably on our very busy Sunday mornings (300-350 kids).
Forms are easy to set up but using workflows to drop people directly into groups does not work as we expected.

Debbie S.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Learning curve high but worth it

Reviewed on 2020/06/02

We have found Elexio’s response time when asking for help to be very good. Tech support is always helpful, patient and thorough.

Pros

Working with individuals profiles is very easy And the data captured Is complete. Very easy to record contributions.

Cons

Generating financial reports can be cumbersome. I wish there was more flexibility in this area. Generating year end contribution statements has been a struggle in past years, but Elexio has worked hard to improve this function.

Troy T.

Not the best for Children's Ministry

Reviewed on 2016/09/29

So far, I am not fond of Elexio. Here is why:
1. poor contrast makes it hard to see and you can't enlarge the size of text. Very bad for those who need help seeing like myself.
2. I asked tech support about the above issue about 9 months ago. have not heard back and nothing done.
3. no mac support.
4. Our system constantly has errors and break downs. I have lost the trust of my parents as a result. people don't like using a system that does not work. This is a MAJOR problem I have with elexio.
5. I don't like the records being kept off site. that requires trust in an internet connection, which as been the cause of some of our reliability issues. I can back up our system here. no need for elexio's help with that
6. The system is not user intuitive so getting things done is hard and requires watching lots of tech videos - if you can find the right one. Things that are added to files seem are put in the wrong field because fields are so poorly marked with confusing computer tech language. elexio needs to learn from Mac. Make it easy enough you don't need ton of training to use it.
7. A positive: Elexio does do a lot. Everything from financial giving, to room management to check in. Can't knock the functionality. They have thought of everything.
8. The stickers do not stay on the child and the name tags you can get are limited by the printer type you can use with elexio. You can't print in color and the look of the print out tags by 'KidCheck' are more pleasing to the eye than by elexio. my people miss essential info on the name tags cause they are hard to see and just not pleasing to the eye.

My conclusion is that I want to give elexio a fair shake, but I have lost credibility with families. A security system that relies on a computer system needs that computer system to work 100% of the time. Elexio does not. We are a church. I need the system work on the computers I have, not the computers and printers I have to buy special just so they will work with elexio. I have spent a year working with our computer department at our church to resolve these isses, but in the past month we have had 5 service times where there were errors throughout the service that rendered most if not all of the people to not be able to check in correctly. If I cant' resolve this in the next month I will be recommending we switch to new software and use something different for each area (facility, giving, check in).

Pros

Elexio does a lot, from giving, to room management, to communication and check in and more.

Cons

See previous email. Quite a few

Response from Elexio

Thanks for sharing here, Troy. We are dedicated to helping you find the best solution for your needs. We have actually launched a brand new church management platform (Community ChMS) that has a keen focus on ease-of-use. Still has all the things you loved before: Check in (now with proximity app), room reservation, and contribution data, but now in a way that you can hit the ground running. Feel free to reach out to a team member by calling (888) 997-9947 Ext. 1 to get a demo and take a look. It is definitely ready for you to use this Sunday! :)

In all seriousness, thanks for sharing here and we look forward to being able to serve you with the next generation of ELEXIO solutions.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Tony P.
Industry: Accounting

Church management made easier

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

Better tracking of our congregation and able to readily identify needs.

Pros

Helpful to be able to group family members, merge individual accounts and also track giving, attendance and other reports you may set up

Cons

We had previously used an older version and it was very tasking moving the previous data into the new online version. Don't like not having a version to utilize from the desktop

Julie T.

Cornerstone Baptist Church 2020 Elexio Review

Reviewed on 2020/06/03

My overall experience with the system has been good. The system makes sense, is very useful, & saves us time. It's easy to understand how all the pieces work together. The help videos are very helpful along with the web seminars that we can sit in on or watch at a later time. However, I wish the webinars would remain out there permanently for us to re-watch & review. There is usually a lot of helpful info in those. And if they are out there, I am unsure of where to find the older ones.

Communications to me (the administrator for Elexio here in our office) has not always been the best. For instance, I had our children's ministry director tell me about a new app (ministry one) that the Elexio support team told her about after she had contacted them to get help with something she was working on. After talking with the support team she ask me about it and I knew nothing. It wasn't until a couple months later that I got an email advertising the new app from the Elexio Team. It would of been nice for someone (preferably our account rep) to give me a heads up. I don't seem to hear from him at all. Most suppliers/vendors that we have contracts with will reach out to us sometime during the year to make sure that we are doing ok and let us know about anything new that is coming out. A simple email would be great!

Finally, the Elexio support team is great to work with and helpful. They are always very pleasant and eager to help. We very much appreciate that!

Pros

It's pretty simple to use - both from an administrative aspect and user aspect.

Also I like the fact that you are always trying to find ways to make the product better and simplifying things for the end user. We have some older (60 + in age) members that use Elexio and have no problems navigating around in the system.

Cons

I would like to be able to post events and our sermon notes on the new Ministry One app without it being tied to a registration form. Not all of our events require our members to register for them. But would still like to advertising them. Right now I work around that by deleting the word "Submit" but the button is still there when the form is published. If the submit button could be removed that would be great.

I realize we can link to our website, where we have sermon notes. However, the whole idea of the new app is to have everything right there for the end user to be able to pull up immediately. Therefore making it super simple, fast, and more inviting for members of all ages to use the app. Plus using an app on your phone, I feel, is easier than going to a website and then trying to find the sermon notes and clicking on them.

Mary S.

Happy Elexio User!

Reviewed on 2016/12/16

I love Elexio! We were using Shelby, which is not user-friendly and not cloud-based (we could not afford Arena). Only 1 person in our office could access reports. Now, from my laptop at home, I can easily send a text or email to anyone or any conceivable grouping of people in our congregation. I can check to see who has read their email, and my admin can send emails from my email address so replies come to me. Members can email all members of their small groups from the web portal (Group leaders can easily send a group text). The phone app makes it easy for lay members to check the directory and events and check in their attendance.
We have not had significant issues with children's check-in. It is possible to do this online or offline, and customer service is available on Sunday mornings.
The access I have to information seems priceless - it is at least worth one employee's salary. As a Senior pastor, I can quickly tell who hasn't attended in any number of weeks, who is in what small group, how frequently people are attending, who lives in what neighborhood, what repeat visitors are currently attending, where we stand on contributions - almost anything I need to know. And I can do it at 10 p.m. from my kitchen table if I need to. I can look up a member in the directory on the app and immediately get directions to their house.

Other databases have similar functions; however, we were paying much more for Shelby (+ a calendar program, which we dropped when we switched to Elexio), and I couldn't do any of this. For the price, the ability for any staff or lay member (who is given special access) to have this kind of functionality at their fingertips is well worth it.

Of course, it's not perfect. It helps to have an analytical mind to think about how to filter information to get what you want. Elexio staff are available to help with that and will look at what you've attempted and tell you how to tweak it. I mainly deal with customer service over email, so will wait hours or a day for a response. Calling is an option, also.

The one improvement I would like to see is the ability to export the calendar feature to our website to use in a monthly format. The way events are listed on the portal is not very helpful. The better calendar feature is available if you buy their website.

I do recommend paying for the implementation training if you are moving a significant amount of info from another database.

Pros

Functionality
Cloud-based (can use on PC or Mac)
User-friendly
Makes online giving easy (through web portal or app), including text-to-give
Smooth transition from Shelby
Easy to give database access (and define limitations very specifically) to staff and lay members
Extremely customizable to meet your church's needs (if you pay for implementation training, they will work closely with you to use your church's language, as well)

Cons

Events calendar function through web portal is limited - comes in list form, so it's not easy to jump ahead a few months to see when a certain event will be held; there isn't a search function to look for events by name. Functionality is best if you purchase their website product.

Response from Elexio

Great to hear from you, Mary! We are honored to be able to serve you with solutions that help ease your daily management! We're glad you made the change! I'm thrilled you're liking the ease at which you can communicate with staff and groups. I also want to share how much I appreciate you sharing your wishes for future development features as we progress! We're always looking to find the items that will really impact your ability to focus on your ministry. Also really appreciate the time you took to detail your experience in your review. Again, we're so pleased to be able to serve you. If you'd like to share anything additionally, feel free to shoot over comments to [email protected]

Alba R.

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

Overall is great ... I usually do not complain and customer service is always great.

Pros

I feel that the way the software helps with communication is great. I like that I am able to send emails as well as text messages to everyone in the database help with time management. I love that the company is teaming up with other Softwares companies to make managing the church a bit easier. Other software like the giving or the website that integrates helps with me no having to update every single are but it all updates at the same time.

Cons

I feel that the look of it could improve. One example could the email feature. You are not able to personalize the emails to the members of the database with better fonts or better details. It is very simple, which is fine sometimes but being able to add videos would be better. Also, for some reason, some people do not get the emails and /or text message which sometimes can affect your communication with the church members. Also, if you are going to send or attach a message to an email sometimes it will not send and you will never know.

Waiting on the company to finish with Giving Booth which they say will take some time. For us, as a church is is a bit hard not being able to offer that service to our members.. so we are just waiting on that. Hopefully, that will be done soon.

Michelle G.

Elexio Database Software in a Mid-Sized Church

Reviewed on 2020/06/02

Elexio Database software has allowed me to keep track of members information, giving, and attendance all in one user friendly place. The at home (member) user desktop and phone applications are an awesome resource for our church members. Features like the online giving and reporting save me time at the end of the year when preparing individual giving reports for our members' tax purposes. The integrated Protect My Ministry background check option is also beneficial in assuring that we keep the most vulnerable of our congregation safe.

Pros

Given the recent pandemic, Elexio has several features that have been helpful and prepared our organization for what we didn't know was coming. First, the online giving option has been phenomenal. Our members have been able to continue their giving even though we were not meeting in person for worship. The mass communication capability has also been beneficial in notifying our congregation about closures and other important communications.

Cons

There are several features that I wish were more "customizable." The "print directory" option does not allow me to design a printed directory in the format I would prefer. The "print forms" option is similarly frustrating. I would like to print my registration forms in a user friendly format for those without internet access to use, but I'm unable to format the forms to print with a desirable appearance.

Suelyn S.

Elexio, 2 years in

Reviewed on 2020/05/15

I've been using ChMS software since 1996. Elexio is my fourth. I find it refreshing and exciting that Ministry Brands is tackling this niche and reinventing it for today's market. A much needed endeavor that takes both grit and vision! Elexio's product is relevant, professional, dynamic. And still evolving. While we always want our ChMS to do everything we need it to do (yesterday), I've yet to experience a software product that does. Instead, I am inspired by Elexio's demonstrated commitment to keep innovating, rolling out new features, making modifications, and adapting to the needs of their customer base. In the best ways possible, I feel like I'm contributing to their success as they endeavor to ensure mine in support of the mission of my congregation.

Pros

I appreciate that Ministry Brands is committed to offering an outstanding product, which means giving attention to everything big and small behind it: ongoing development to meet user needs, knowledgeable and responsive customer service, user-friendly applications, commitment to two-way communication and sense of team with user-Admins and congregational leaders.

Cons

Conversion from previous ChMS was bumpier than expected.

Elijah M.

Elexio at Berachah Fellowship Church

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

We have had a very enjoyable experience with the database. It has allowed for us to streamline our budget by eliminating duplicate services. It has also given us a tool to track attendance and become more engaged in retention efforts.

Pros

We enjoyed the user friendly interface and the ease of use of the software. It was also great being able to find a product that allowed us to combine services that we normally used two different companies for.

Cons

For me, I would like to see a drag and drop feature for adding members to groups. We would also like to see a system or workflow that would allow us to know each time that someone has given to the ministry and to be able to customize delivery options (text, email, or software alert). I would also like to use a variety of audio file types when sending voice messages. Finally, having more 500 credits (unlimited) for messaging would be a plus. We are a strong belief in communication and will find ourselves always exceeding the 500 limit because it simply isn’t enough.

Kendra V.

Repeat Customer

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

I attended the Elexicon conference in Orlando several years ago and it was encouraging to meet the staff members and creators of the program. One thing they said that has stood out to me and proven to be true over time. They encouraged us to reach out to them if there was a feature that we think is missing or needs improvement. Elexio is constantly improving their product and strives to work with each individual account to serve their unique needs.

Pros

Elexio is customizable to fit the needs of each individual church. I have now used the Elexio church management software at two different churches and continue to be impressed with the updates and new features released on a regular basis.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I do not like about this software. If there is something that doesn't work, I know that they will work with us to make it work for our church.

Emily B.

Exceptional Support

Reviewed on 2017/02/28

As a borderline millennial (born in 1983) I am fairly proficient at picking up new things, and being able to figure out the intent of the software designer, and I grew up using actual computers instead of "touch screen smart devices." So for me picking up Elexio Essentials web based Community and Giving has been fairly straightforward. And when I stumble across something I can't figure out for myself there is great Support from Elexio to help me through it. However, there are still some features that could use some serious refinement. There do not seem to be very many report options. It was surprising that the Giving portal was not more thoroughly integrated to the Community page. But generally I like the look and feel of using Elexio Essentials. It has a modern feel and is attractive to the general web and app user.

Pros

For someone who is fairly natural and picking up new tech skills, this software is user friendly.

Cons

I wish it was more fully integrated between Community and Giving. Users having two separate logins is too much in this day and age when we sign in to so many websites. I would like to see more reporting options in Community/ or more training on using workflows and searches to provide us the updates we want on involvement. I would like the check in feature to take less clicks to check in children to their classrooms. And I would like to be able to assign specific ministry leaders to be able to approve events in specific meeting spaces, instead of just based on tech needs or childcare, etc.

Response from Elexio

Thanks for your comments, Emily. We will definitely pass your comments on to the team as we shape the future of the products. We are dedicated to ensuring a fantastic customer and product experience. If you would like to share any additional feedback, feel free to shoot your comments over to [email protected]

Gwen P.

The technical support that you all give when I call for help is always very helpful.

Reviewed on 2017/06/20

Pros

The ability to send communications using mailing lists or any other list and the receiver does not see the long list of names that also received the communication.

Cons

After 4 years the reports are still like pulling teeth. I have a few basic reports that I use, but if I have to run a report that does not fit the reports that I use most. It takes too long to set it up.
Plus all of the reports that others have run whether they work or not clutter up the log of reports. I wish that there was a way that everyone would have their own log of reports without having to go through all reports ever made by everyone else. I know that you can make a report private, but when you are needing a different report it is hard to fine the original basic report to manipulate.

Response from Elexio

Hi Gwen! Thank you for the kind words about our team. We have a fantastic new platform that may be a great fit for you in terms of reporting. We'd love to set up some time with you to share it. Please contact the team at (888) 997-9947 Ext. 1. Thanks again!

Lorie P.

Versatile Database with Good Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

I have always thought Elexio has a quality product and is constantly enhancing the software. The customer service is the best I have ever worked with. Elexio offers many educational tools to get the most out of the software. The staff are knowledgeable, friendly and work hard to resolve any issues we are having.

Pros

I like the many features that integrate with the basic database: Community App, embed calendar on website, giving platform, forms and registration. Elexio also offers good training resources.

Cons

I really like the software but at times it seems that some of the tools/processes are "close-but-not-quite" useful (3/4 developed). The integration with the Clover website was a big sell for us but some of the features we have spent a lot of time figuring out did not prove to work in the end or were limited.

Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Used Elexio for years

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

Good reporting. Good at keeping track of giving, notes, demographics. Not something our congregation really liked but on the office end, it got the job done.

Pros

Elexio was a good church database in terms of the church side. When we used it, the congregation did not like the online user interface so many did not sign up or even bother to log in to look at it after our initial roll out. That being said, Elexio has some of the BEST backend reporting. It is so easy to customize and make a report got literally anything I could think of. The customer service was ok, they did always answer and respond to my calls. I did use an older version that was on a network, so we had problems with crashing butI believe they are all online now.

Cons

The crashing which was a problem a year ago but I do think they switched over to an online platform. The check-in was outdated. You could customize the look, but it still looked very old.

Mandy V.

Reviewed on 2017/02/22

My experience with Elexio has been neutral. I've had some really good experiences with using the database and with customer service, and I've had not so good experiences. Overall, the database was a step up from what were were using. There are a lot of different parts to the software that one doesn't learn overnight. I'm still learning all the time new things, and I've been using Elexio for about five years. It can easily become a full time job making sure the database is up-to-date and using it to the capacity it is meant to be used.

Pros

I like to be able to put people in ministries and communicate in masses through those ministries. Elexio can take the place of your work email with all the information right there.

Cons

It's pretty complex. I feel like even after five years, I'm just hitting the service of what it can really do.

Karen G.

Elexio Database review

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/03/31

we use the database for recording giving. i used to have Logos software. Elexio is better and more intuitive - except for entering the donation - with logos - i used to be able to enter all of the information for one donor while in their record

Pros

I love how easily the information is populated - hard to explain
i love the simplicity of using it

Cons

i do not like that i have to enter the donor's name each time - for example : Mary Jane gives me $100 - $20.00 for 5 different funds -- i have to type in her name each time to enter each fund's $20.00 - it would seem that once i enter - mary jane i should be able to stay on her record and make all entries at once.

Mark W.

An Excellent Church Database for All Your Basic Needs

Reviewed on 2017/02/22

Elexio Essentials Database is an excellent choice for church management software for the small to medium size church with basic needs. It's easy to use yet powerful. Highlights include: automated workflows, mass communication, group management, attendance, reporting, seamless integration with your website, and optimized viewing on mobile devices. Another plus is that it is non-contractual meaning you're not locked into a year or even 3-year contract. This keeps the good folks at Elexio working hard to earn your continued use month and month. Since "Essentials" is less than a year old, it lacks some of the more robust features included in Elexio's "Deluxe" Database (which has been around for many years); however, more features are constantly being added by the developers. And being a client of Elexio's other fine products such as website hosting and financial management adds to the value and integration. Customer service is always on hand with prompt replies. It's also a great value economically, particularly for churches whose attendance runs under 250 people. Recommended!

Pros

Basic church management needs met.
Seamless integration with website and financial software.
Optimized viewing on mobile devices.
Cloud based access from any device with internet access.

Cons

Cannot create unique icon for shortcut on devices.
Can only see one month at a time in calendar.
Cannot choose levels of privacy in directory.

Daniel B.

Reviewed on 2020/04/01

Overall, both the products and support team have been great. Our dedicated training partner has been wonderful, with knowledge of the product and of church operations. The development team continues to make enhancements and we remain excited that we made the move.

Pros

We started our journey to a new management system looking for a child check-in system. Once we began to learn about Exlexio's we quickly realized the entire church management system looked to be better suited for our staff and most importantly our member use. After much homework, we ended up purchasing the entire suite of products!

The integration process was rather easy.

Cons

No product will have everything you want right off the shelf, but we found Elexio to have most of what we considered crucial to start.