IntakeQ

Web-based intake forms management software

Elana H.

I love this platform

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

I am incredibly satisfied!
I was looking for something highly customizable and it met ALL of the criteria I was looking for when I changed platforms!

Pros

I have been using IntakeQ since Jan 2020. I found this platform after being dissatisfied with the one I was previously using. I couldn't be happier with the change.
1. I was already using SRfax and this is integrated with that fax program
2. It take a little time to customize everything, but it is well worth it and the customer service response is great and fast.
3. I love that the booking and billing and EMR are all in one program
4. Faxing notes to doctors offices, receiving them back and then assigning them the to appropriate patient chart is fast and easy.
5. I can easily use this platform from my phone to book appointments, check faxes, review notes etc.
6. I can send automatic forms prior to the first visit and custom forms (including a COVID screening) prior to each visit.
And much more !

Cons

While the customer service is fast and generally meets my needs, it is always be email and sometimes I would prefer a phone conversation. If needed, they will schedule a phone call, but email is definitely the "go to" way they address inquiries.

Te D.

I like the tool but need more flexibility and workflows to support my business.

Reviewed on 2017/07/16

Pros

Hippa compliance is the primary driver for the why we moved to the SW as well as being able to have clients complete forms online. I like the professional look and feel. The search is helpful.

Cons

Not enough flexibility for processing intakes in bulk. Would like the ability to transfer in bulk between providers, link custom template office use fields with client custom fields so certain notes are pulled into the client's record. We need more flexibility in configuring the SW to meet our business needs. We have to use a separate scheduling SW because intakeq doesn't offer the same flexibility in setting up different classes. We use acuity and perhaps I just don't know how to effectively use the booking capability in intakeq. It would be really helpful to have workflows that you could define for intakes. For example, if a new intake comes in, I could set the default status to pending and on the dashboard only show pending intakes. Once the office processes the intake I could define a new status, for instance, ready or action-required... We would need the ability to display and filter based on status. It would be helpful to allow flexibility in defining any number of workflows. Unfortunately, given our business, I have to build manual processes around the SW even though we're doing very standard things. One other thing I've noticed is that I can only have about 5-7 open intakes at once otherwise the application hangs.

Response from IntakeQ

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback! We understand that your business has a special workflow after the intake is completed. Unfortunately, custom document workflows is a little out of our scope at this time. You may want to look into our client tags feature, which can be automated and allows you to filter by tags later. Also, you can always use our APIs if your business needs something more sophisticated. Feel free to contact our support at [email protected] if you need any assistance with improving your workflow!

Judith M.

Makes running my small biz a breeze

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Pros

Reasonable pricing, great user interface, has made running my small business *SO MUCH* easier, makes me look more professional and organized as a small business, is HIPAA compliant, there is continuous improvement of features, fast and friendly customer service, streamlined payment (which saves me so much time as a solo biz owner), auto-save so you never lose a note you're in the middle of, portal system to communicate with patients, great metrics that help me identify trends in the business and that help make marketing, budgeting and scheduling decisions. I could go on and on. I seriously adore this company.

Cons

There are some very occasional buggy features in the software -- honestly it's been so infrequent that I usually forget to point them out to customer service, but the one time I did, they were very responsive and the issue was resolved later that same weekend... which was over Thanksgiving weekend, no less!

Only other gripe is that if you have more than one tab open with the program (e.g. your booking calendar in one tab and a note for a patient in another tab), you may get logged out automatically, which can be annoying if you were in the middle of a task, though I suppose it's helpful for security purposes if I'm on pubic computer in the shared office space I have.

Daphne R.

Love the continuous updates!

Reviewed on 2018/04/13

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to set up fairly complicated intake form rules and booking settings. Digitizing our intake forms and booking in general has definitely streamlined both processes for our business.

Cons

Lack of family support - e.g. a parent booking appointments for multiple children has to use several different email addresses, and the profiles often fail to "link" properly so we're constantly merging client profiles. Lack of integration is a huge con for us - we have to update our EMR schedule with booking changes manually, payment info doesn't link to our billing vendor (our Google calendar does synch - hoping for more future integrations).

Sarryh H.

Great and easy to use!

Reviewed on 2016/12/01

IntakeQ has made creating intakes for our clients and different treatments easy. Customer support has fixed any issues we have had quickly, though they just fix them and do not call us or email us back to let us know it is fixed. It just works.
I like that there is a number of already made forms so I can alter those questions as I need to without having to start from scratch. I like that I can open the forms in the office or send one to the client beforehand depending on how extensive the forms are.

Pros

ease of use, already made forms that questions can be adjusted, can send to clients or have them fill out at the office.

Cons

Support does not respond, though they do fix the issue

Jason D.

Pure 5 star experience

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

Pros

IntakeQ has everything I need to run my clinic, skipping none of the features. I've spent the last month creating sheets to weigh in all of the options, with IntakeQ winning over and over again. The interface is clean, modern, and easy to use for both clients and clinicians. Adding assistants and non-clinical staff is simple, without any limitations to what they can see or interact with unless I create said limitations. The ability to use Zapier and export the API means those of us looking to really make something fancy are able to explore endless possibilities. For my clinic, which hinges on being state of the art, this is the perfect platform.

Cons

Clinical note templates and treatment plans leave a bit to be desired, especially in comparison to Simple Practice or Thernest- both of which have robust templates. This is really only a con if you find yourself regularly using quick labels or quick notes, which our non-clinical staff like to do. Though, our clinicians often correct said notes and customize them, which is something IntakeQ allows for.

Alyson L.

We like intakeQ

Reviewed on 2016/12/04

There are a lot of great features and has made scheduling so much better for our office. So glad to have gotten rid of the paper version of the schedule. We love the option for paperwork to be completed online as well as other forms. There have been a few glitches and some features we wish were available. We love seeing what updates come out each month.

Pros

Patients to book online, online forms, use from multiple computers, customization settings

Cons

We'd like to be able to customize more settings, mainly that we can color-code appointments on the booking page.

Beau C.

It is truly the BEST practice management software and EHR that I have yet to find all in one!

Reviewed on 2019/03/15

After set up, it really is close to perfect. The customer care is excellent and they get back to me within 30min-2hrs max. I rarely have had to wait more than 12-14hrs for a reply. They even will jump on a tech support call if you need help, but the Help Resource section is very well done!

Pros

It offers everything that your business needs to conduct HIPAA compliant SOPs. I honestly have not seen any other software platforms that have as many features and allow for customizations.

Cons

It is a little tricky to set up, but the customization is limitless!

Jessica P.

Excellent system

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

They have been so helpful getting new forms developed and running smoothly and quick to respond with any questions we have. We use all of our intake forms on this and it also helps us for any part is we are acting with clients as part of a group practice it is really streamlined are at missions process and helps to keep us up-to-date much more efficiently directly upload to our dropbox and can be added to the charts so easily and seamlessly

Pros

I have been able to use his to reduce all the time we spend on paperwork and been able to get this done easily for clients with positive feedback from them as well.

Cons

Nothing so far all works great for us.

Mary S.

Mixed Experience...

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

I really like and appreciate this service overall. Where I think that it can improve its functionality is the ability for the user to organize and categorize their questionnaires.

Pros

Its security and ability to design my own intake questionnaires.

Cons

Some of the functionality, inability to organize files, etc. I also wish the set up for the consent forms was easier, i.e. being able to add drop downs and multiple choice, multiple entry types of questions on them.

Customer Support is Outstanding!

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

I love how quick, polite, and helpful the customer service is. I always receive an email reply back about my question or concern within one business day - usually much quicker, within the hour!

Cons

For our purposes, it would be helpful to have more options with sending forms back to clients once complete (like after a year or so) for them to update info. But, other than that we are very pleased!

Judy A.

Easy to use, most patients have no problem using it and are pleased with the simplicity of use.

Reviewed on 2017/06/09

Pros

The software is easy to use and to modify. I am happy to be able to download and upload the completed forms to save in our EMR. >90% of our clients appreciate the simplicity and ease.

Cons

Occasionally it will give users feedback that the form is incomplete and can be confusing for them. Sometimes the email goes to their spam and they miss the email and we need to remind them.

Greg K.

A great value for forms

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

I use this software for the paperwork in my private practice as a psychologist. A very easy form building and usage system. There are pre- built templates and questions that can be used and a very intuitive form building process. Terrific help from support converting some of my existing paperwork. Super helpful and reasonably priced. The workflow is a dream with client information and it is all HIPAA compliant. There are other scheduling and note feature included that I do not use since I have other software for that, but it's well worth it just for the form capabilities. You won't find anything else out there that is this good at this price point. Bravo!

Pros

Very intuitive with cleanly designed forms and easy managing of completed paperwork.

Cons

I wish that either they offered a full package to run a private practice, or made the forms and other items available at separate price points since I only use the forms.

Jill G.

Getting started takes time but they have excellent customer service and it's very easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

Pros

1. IntakeQ has excellent customer service; they respond to questions very quickly, they will help you get everything set up or they will provide step-by-step instructions if you're the DIY type. 2. Saves a lot of paper which helps your wallet and the environment. 3. Saves time and makes you more efficient; you don't have to scan and attach documents manually for example. 4. Helps you stay on schedule; most patients have the paperwork done before they come in for their first visit so you can have the chart ready to go when the patient checks in.

Cons

1. There is quite a difference between the plans offered. The lowest one allowing for 10 submissions, then jumps to 150 submissions just one level up. This puts us "between plans" based on the volume at our clinic. 2. The cost to use the secure portal seems a little high.

Jackie K.

IntakeQ Streamlines My Clinical Work

Reviewed on 2016/12/01

I have been using IntakeQ for several months now, and I am very happy with the ease of use of this service. I made a goal to go paperless when I entered private practice and having all of my forms in electronic format has helped me to achieve this goal. I have received positive feedback from the families with whom I work whose feedback is ultimately the most important to me. I do wish that families could have unlimited access to some of my forms (e.g., release of information) because I often needed them to complete this form 2-3 times, which requires me to resend the link.

Pros

The fact that it allows me to be paperless which significantly streamlines my practice and cuts down on my need for paper storage.

Cons

I wish I could have my patient's families have unlimited access to certain forms (release of information) because they often need to complete this for multiple providers. This requires me to send them multiple links for this file.

Jessica C.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

IntakeQ has been a game changer for our business

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

Wonderful experience, super helpful and friendly customer service. Would highly recommend this product!

Pros

So many integrated features - payment, notes, scheduling, electronic forms, etc. The electronic forms was the reason we started using IntakeQ as we were really getting bogged down with streamlining our intake process and keeping physical files. It is a pain. IntakeQ has made this SO much better and we have gotten a lot of great positive feedback from our clients. It is a huge bonus that we can utilize so many other features as well.

Cons

The scheduling system is less user friendly than Acuity which is what we had been using before. It takes a little more effort to schedule clients now, especially with recurring appointments but all of the other features make it worth it.

Great EMR - Ive used many and for the price, customer service, and ease of use, this is my...

Reviewed on 2019/10/10

Pros

You can customize it any way youd like. It has automated reminders, etc. Very easy to use!

Cons

Cant think of any! The customer service is truly what makes this EMR so great. I get responses back extremely quick and there is always an answer!

Terri C.

Perfect for my small business

Reviewed on 2019/01/06

I have had a great experience. I was looking for a documentation system and I have gotten so much more. It is simple for me to schedule clients, keep and electronic chart with all important documents, communicate with my clients, and fax reports directly from Intake Q. I also appreciate the integration with invoicing and collecting payment.

Pros

The Intake Q software has a lot of flexibility so I could really tailor it to meet the needs of my business. I love that I can easily edit my forms and make changes to my documentation template as new needs arise. My clients have been able to complete the intake process with ease and have commented on how simple it was for them. One of my favorite aspects is the appointment reminders via text or email.

Cons

I do not have any complaints. It has been great.

Jo ann M.

Easy for my patients to submit paperwork online to save time.

Reviewed on 2017/12/08

no more scanning, saves so much time

Pros

I love not having to scan paperwork. I also love having the paperwork online so I can log in at home or anywhere I am at to do charting/notes.

Cons

poor mobile version usability. the ability to use on a tablet also is still difficult. wish we could make it easier to use other than email, maybe a user code that is texted to them to open paperwork.

Kenael S.

Easy once you learn the system

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Although there is a huge learning curve with the program, it saves me time and money. Things I would have to hire someone to manage for my small practice, the system does for me. Once I got the hang of it, it was pretty simple to use. Anytime I have a question or concern, customer service is very responsive as well.

Pros

Forms can be customized to whatever. The automated scheduling system is the a huge help. Patients get a text message reminder for their appointments, they can makes changes online, and I can even schedule patments.

Cons

I wish the ICD-10 codes were in the system so I don’t have to enter them myself and add them to each document. I also wish I could link some things to automatically load into a SOAP note or evaluation note.

Jennifer A.

Time Saver

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

Streamlined the patient forms process.

Pros

The ease of use for the patient, and secure

Cons

Would like more coding and notes capability that is compatible for insurance billing.

Adina J.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A breath of Fresh Air

Reviewed on 2019/04/14

The form is HIPPA compliant making most professional services trusting of the product. Most of all you can change the form as needed. this is an important aspect, because the professional needs to make sure that the form has everything that the state is looking for just in case of an audit.

Pros

As an intern, I noticed there were may complaints about Intake forms and how they needed to be updated for future assessment. IntakeQ provided this opportunity for many practices.

Cons

Great Product! Any updates can be easily made. No complaints here.

Michael & ashley U.

Absolutely love the funtionality of the systen.

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

Pros

I love that I can create documents. I also love that clients can sign them electronically. Overall, its an amazing client tracking system.

Cons

The think I dislike is that there is really no way of tracking client payments and invoices. It would be nice to have those features.

Britt F.

Best of the best

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

Ease of use, transitioned to paperless office. Clients love being able to do intake paperwork online.

Pros

Unbelievably easy to send and receive highly confidential documents. Clients LOVE that they don't have to print or scan anything! Customer service is top notch and every time I've needed to change or update my forms they've been super fast getting things done. LOVE this company- Ive saved lHOURS every week using this and now my office is totally paperless!

Cons

I wish they would include progress notes and scheduling. I use another online program for all of that- but if and when intakeQ adds it I'll definitely be switching!

Elizabeth B.

Excellent for folks who need a portal

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Portal, emailing with patients, intake forms, scheduling, online self-scheduling and appointment reminders.

Pros

I needed a portal and online forms, as my EHRs portal does not allow me to pick and choose what information goes on the portal (and I need to protect adolescent confidentiality).

Cons

It can be a bit clunky, but part of that is just that it is not integrated with my EHR. I wish there were an app for it on my phone. Otherwise, it is great for scheduling and communicating with patients. Customer support is all by email but they are very responsive and have made software changes to accomodate my needs.