IntakeQ

Web-based intake forms management software

4,8
4,7
4,6
4,7
4,8
Marilee F.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

The best customer service on the planet

Reviewed on 2019/01/10

Pros

I absolutely LOVE IntakeQ. The best thing about it is the customer service. I've never before experienced such quick answers to my questions online. And they are super helpful and will bend over backward to help you. Allow me to tell you a story about this! We were scrambling in my group counseling practice to send out new forms to all of our clients (hundreds) before the start of 2019. It was critical we get this going before Jan. 1, so of course at the last minute, before the long holiday weekend, I discover that I hadn't done things quite correctly for our needs and so I was pretty freaked out. I was emailing customer support, who was always just so happy to help me! It had to be like 6 pm or something in NYC or wherever IntakeQ is located, and I just kept discovering new needs that I had and so I just kept asking him questions, and at times he would take care of things so quickly it was amazing. I'm pretty convinced he stayed late one New Years Eve weekend just to help me out. It was exemplary customer service and saved my life! IntakeQ makes our forms look attractive, seamless and professional. It is so quick and easy and actually kind of fun to see clients progress through them quickly in our office. We love the capability to send out many forms in one email to clients in advance of their first visit. We can also get signatures from multiple people. Clients actually commented on how attractive and professional our forms are!

Cons

I cannot think of any cons for IntakeQ!

Elana H.

I love this platform

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

I am incredibly satisfied!
I was looking for something highly customizable and it met ALL of the criteria I was looking for when I changed platforms!

Pros

I have been using IntakeQ since Jan 2020. I found this platform after being dissatisfied with the one I was previously using. I couldn't be happier with the change.
1. I was already using SRfax and this is integrated with that fax program
2. It take a little time to customize everything, but it is well worth it and the customer service response is great and fast.
3. I love that the booking and billing and EMR are all in one program
4. Faxing notes to doctors offices, receiving them back and then assigning them the to appropriate patient chart is fast and easy.
5. I can easily use this platform from my phone to book appointments, check faxes, review notes etc.
6. I can send automatic forms prior to the first visit and custom forms (including a COVID screening) prior to each visit.
And much more !

Cons

While the customer service is fast and generally meets my needs, it is always be email and sometimes I would prefer a phone conversation. If needed, they will schedule a phone call, but email is definitely the "go to" way they address inquiries.

Te D.

I like the tool but need more flexibility and workflows to support my business.

Reviewed on 2017/07/16

Pros

Hippa compliance is the primary driver for the why we moved to the SW as well as being able to have clients complete forms online. I like the professional look and feel. The search is helpful.

Cons

Not enough flexibility for processing intakes in bulk. Would like the ability to transfer in bulk between providers, link custom template office use fields with client custom fields so certain notes are pulled into the client's record. We need more flexibility in configuring the SW to meet our business needs. We have to use a separate scheduling SW because intakeq doesn't offer the same flexibility in setting up different classes. We use acuity and perhaps I just don't know how to effectively use the booking capability in intakeq. It would be really helpful to have workflows that you could define for intakes. For example, if a new intake comes in, I could set the default status to pending and on the dashboard only show pending intakes. Once the office processes the intake I could define a new status, for instance, ready or action-required... We would need the ability to display and filter based on status. It would be helpful to allow flexibility in defining any number of workflows. Unfortunately, given our business, I have to build manual processes around the SW even though we're doing very standard things. One other thing I've noticed is that I can only have about 5-7 open intakes at once otherwise the application hangs.

Response from IntakeQ

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback! We understand that your business has a special workflow after the intake is completed. Unfortunately, custom document workflows is a little out of our scope at this time. You may want to look into our client tags feature, which can be automated and allows you to filter by tags later. Also, you can always use our APIs if your business needs something more sophisticated. Feel free to contact our support at [email protected] if you need any assistance with improving your workflow!

Nancy G.

WOW

Reviewed on 2020/11/04

We are able to create, send, receive and track forms with ease. The software is intuitive and easy to navigate.

Pros

The clarity, simplicity and functionality of your product is fantastic!

Cons

It is not integrated with my practice management software.

Lexi S.
Industry: Mental Health Care

Great balance of cost & features, perfect for small therapy practice

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Pros

I like that you have the option to pay less or more based on which features you need, as well as your volume of new clients -- super helpful for me starting out when I only had one new client every 2-3 months. Their customer support team actually worked with me to give me a 50% discount for the first 6 months and offer me a special "super low volume" plan.

I also appreciate that there is so much customization available for the forms--you have to pay tons of money for traditional EHRs to create your own forms, which can get spendy quickly if you have a lot of different forms you need or make frequent updates (as I do).

And, of course, electronic signatures are the best. I never want to have paper files again and scanning things in is such a pain! I love that IntakeQ lets clients take photos as part of their intake forms, too, so I can even have the client snap a shot of their insurance cards and ID before they ever come into session.

They seem to update the features frequently, and base them off their users' requests--for example, they recently added a way you can link family members together, so both a teen client and their parent/guardian can have access to the messaging system & client forms.

Cons

There are some small flukes that pop up occasionally; for example, if you enter a client's legal name when registering the client, there's no way to change how that shows up on forms, etc.--not usually an issue, but if a client has a radically different preferred name, is transgender, etc. I like to be able to ask them & customize what shows up on their forms.

It's a little pricey, which is true of all online forms software, so I do like that it at least includes a HIPAA compliant messaging system -- I avoided other online forms systems because they were the same price, but with drastically fewer features.

I'd love to see a discount for paying for an entire year up-front, too.

Nicole S.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

New patients no longer ruin my day

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

Great overall experience. Excellent product. Has saved me hours of time and frustration not having my new patients organized. Now we can reschedule them if we do not see their paperwork done 24 hours prior to their appointment time instead of assuming they filled it out AND remember to bring it.

Pros

For years we stressed about new patient paperwork not being filled out and causing my schedule to run 30-45 minutes behind when they forget to fill out 8 pages of paperwork. The forms are easy to make and send. Patients can fill them out on their cell phone which is a huge help for my practice since we have many seasonal visitors in Scottsdale. The customer service is excellent. Always above and beyond and super fast. A huge refreshing change from my last portal. Horrible customer service. The membership option is very helpful and if you want to switch to a concierge membership program I would highly recommend using the IntakeQ billing system.

Cons

I hate their schedule. It is ugly. It is clunky. I can never see all my patients in one day well. The print outs of the schedule waste a lot of paper. This could all be easily improved upon. But we make it work.

Arin R.
Industry: Medical Practice

The best option for our therapy office!

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

We use the bookings functions (only internal bookings, not client direct bookings), invoicing, payment, electronic consent forms and SOAP notes.

Pros

We tried three other well-known options over the course of the last two years before moving all our therapist software functions to IntakeQ. We appreciate the ease of use, the EXCELLENT customer service, the flexibility, the functionality and the price point.

Cons

Wish we could integrate email marketing beyond just extracting our client's email address.

Chuck R.

We've been with these wonderful folks for several years. I can't imagine our company without them!

Reviewed on 2018/04/12

Tremendous ease! I send out the forms and they get filled out. Not copying of forms. No storing of forms. No purchasing paper and toner. Fewer calls to the copier repair guy. They make my life better...

Pros

Initially found the customer service to be exceedingly prompt and abundantly proficient. They set up cost for the forms is more than reasonable and the monthly expense is such a bargain. I have never known their system to go down. Simple to get going and no maintenance. We keep finding new uses for them. It is so great to be able to email a link to the client. The client follows the link, fills out the form(s) and then submits. The forms are easily downloaded. Could not be more pleased. Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Cons

Seriously, I have yet to find one. I truly wish my every interaction could be an interaction like I've had with IntakeQ!

M. victoria A.

Excellent product - highly recommend

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Intake forms are a snap to create, change, edit and send to patients/clients - could NOT be easier. And their service of uploading and formatting for you is SO affordable and easy.

Pros

Easy layout, intuitive, simple with lots of options to do more complex work with it, constantly being upgraded and improved. Customer service is STUPENDOUS! They're fast, quick, kind, polite, thoughtful - really just top notch. Truly could not recommend more!

Cons

It would be cool if there was an app, but it's not a big deal to keep a direct link to the website on my phone - super simple and takes 2 seconds to access on the go

Bethany C.

Highly Recommend

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/04/09

Pros

User-friendly, exactly what I needed, and didn't have a bunch of features that I'll never use, and just end up getting in my way.

Cons

Really can't think of anything. I've had a really good experience with IntakeQ.

Julio L.

Makes Managing Inventories Easy

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Overall, I'm very happy with it, and would recommend it.

Pros

My favorite thing about IntakeQ is how it organizes documents based on clients. When I send a form out, it comes back and drops it off in their patient file. I no longer have to download, look for the folder, save it, etc. When scrubbing through the client folders, everything is there.
I also really enjoy how I'm able to customize forms with fields, of all sorts.
The Customer Support is great.
Ease of Use and Flexibility.
I like the fact that there are updates and you could tell that the team is really working on a roadmap, and new features regularly roll-out.
Appointment Reminders w/ Text is Great.
Easy Notes, the easiest most streamlined way.

Cons

No Phone App.
Forms do not convert easily to Phone Versions for clients to complete.
The signature (hand drawn signature) is not smooth; and it looks like the brush is not well thought out. Needs some user-interface work.
I wish there were an easier way to message patients via a Phone App. I also wish that instead of a Bubble for messaging patients; it actually just stated, "Messages"
I would like to be able to map out the fields completed in an IntakeQ form field, so that the fields populate on top of a PDF or image, as specified by me. We use very specific PDF forms that we are required to use for contracting. It would reduce paperwork redundancy. I find myself sending forms out, getting them back, and then having to transcribe that information onto other forms. I wish I could just take that PDF form, upload it to IntakeQ, and have fields populate onto it based on responses from IntakeQ surveys, or IntakeQ notes. Not all of our patients manage an e-mail, and so, this has been a challenge with those patients to get them rolled onto IntakeQ.

Response from IntakeQ

Hi Julio,

Thanks so much for the positive review!

We have a feature that allows you to map form fields to patient notes. Our support at [email protected] will be happy to help you set this up.

Regarding patients who don't have an email, this article explains how to enable a setting that allows them to use a phone number instead: https://support.intakeq.com/article/149-choosing-the-login-method-for-your-public-forms

I hope this helps!

Company size: Self Employed

Excellent support for my small business!

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Overall, IntakeQ allows me to connect with clients and gain initial information before our first appointment allowing them the opportunity to share what is most important to them rather than spend the time completing paperwork. This is a great benefit to me.

Pros

I am very pleased to be able to allow clients opportunity to communicate and complete personal health information online in their preferred way to communicate without fear of exposing their personal health information to others. I also appreciate the pricing for this product.
I love the responsiveness of the customer service.

Cons

I wish that the software worked well with PayPal or had their own credit card processor. I also would like to be able to submit payments to insurance companies through the system. Among the features that exist already, I wish that you could click on the clients’ name where ever it appears and be able to get back to their profile page without having to go to the client’s list. I also wish that when stopping a recurrence, you could have a choice of stopping all including the appointment that is open and not just all of the ones after the one that is open.
When I am in the message center and want to click to another client, I have to refresh the page to ensure that the right page is connected to the right client. Otherwise the name will change, but the page remains on the previous client’s page.

Judith M.
Company size: Self Employed

Makes running my small biz a breeze

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Pros

Reasonable pricing, great user interface, has made running my small business *SO MUCH* easier, makes me look more professional and organized as a small business, is HIPAA compliant, there is continuous improvement of features, fast and friendly customer service, streamlined payment (which saves me so much time as a solo biz owner), auto-save so you never lose a note you're in the middle of, portal system to communicate with patients, great metrics that help me identify trends in the business and that help make marketing, budgeting and scheduling decisions. I could go on and on. I seriously adore this company.

Cons

There are some very occasional buggy features in the software -- honestly it's been so infrequent that I usually forget to point them out to customer service, but the one time I did, they were very responsive and the issue was resolved later that same weekend... which was over Thanksgiving weekend, no less!

Only other gripe is that if you have more than one tab open with the program (e.g. your booking calendar in one tab and a note for a patient in another tab), you may get logged out automatically, which can be annoying if you were in the middle of a task, though I suppose it's helpful for security purposes if I'm on pubic computer in the shared office space I have.

Tate M.

Easy and Extremely Effective

Reviewed on 2019/05/29

Pros

This software is the ideal solution for medical practices like mine that need to send paperwork to patients before their initial visits with us. This not only allows us to have the paperwork to review ahead of time but also allows our clinic to run more efficiently as our team doesn't have to wait for people to fill in their paperwork by hand in the office. They are excellent at converting detailed forms such as ours into digital copies without losing the integrity of the questions we are trying to answer. It also tells you who has started on their paperwork and how far they've gotten, while allowing you to print off any partial forms that aren't fully filled out. Also a terrific value for what you pay.

Cons

If I had to nitpick, I would say the only thing I don't like about the software is that because we send the links in email form, some people try to fill it out via phone and don't make it very far.

Fani A.

Useful Software, Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Overall positive experience. Expect a learning curve in the beginning, and know that if you want to use IntakeQ for anything more than just the most basic scheduling, you will need to put some time into figuring out how it works. That said, I've been able to make beautiful intake forms, keep track of all of our scheduling, and transition to a nearly 100% digital system through IntakeQ. Recommended.

Pros

This software has really streamlined our practice and allowed us to go almost 100% digital. There is a bit of a learning curve, but the help page is generally useful, and IntakeQ has some of the best customer service I have ever worked with. They always respond to my questions (and I've had many questions) within 24 hours, and I always feel like I'm talking to a "real" person that works with me to resolve any issues I'm having.

Cons

Aspects of this software can be very confusing, particularly when it comes to the various "roles" that different accounts have. It is also sometimes unclear where to access certain functions. Sometimes I'm able to resolve these issues through the help page, but other times customer service has to help me figure it out. The software could be a lot more user friendly and intuitive, but the great customer service helps to make up for that.

Zachary A.

Unparalleled Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/07/10

My experience doesn't matter as much as my clients' experiences: they all love the intake and consent forms going right to their email, and they love the appointment reminders (text and email.) It really goes a long way to make my practice come across as professional.

Pros

The software is intuitive and amazingly flexible. There are templates built-in for consent forms, assessments, and notes, but you also have the ability to customize each template to suit your practice's needs and create completely new templates. I use IntakeQ for everything: scheduling, billing/invoices, notes, diagnosis, Superbilling, appointment reminders, and secure communication with clients. The customer service department is ABSOLUTELY amazing to the point that I asked them "where can I leave you a review because you deserve recognition." I've had a few questions for them, and I've always got a response within an hour or two. I can't recommend this service enough. It runs my entire practice.

Cons

Initially, I was a little hesitant about the idea of having to create my own forms, but the templates provided made it super easy to tweak them to suit my needs.

Jason A.
Industry: Medical Practice

One of the very best online products I have purchased

Reviewed on 2016/12/01

I've been with IntakeQ since the early days. Even from the very beginning, it was a solid product with excellent pricing. I have noticed over time that new and very useful features are added on a consistent and frequent basis, which I love. This service is continually improving and continually impressing me. It has been an important and welcome addition to my medical practice. I fully endorse IntakeQ!

Pros

Well designed, well coded. Visually pleasing. Constant improvement and addition of new features. Excellent support.

Cons

I have no significant cons about this software. It is excellent.

Louis E.

Terrific Product AND Service

Reviewed on 2016/12/01

I initially stumbled onto IntakeQ when I was searching for a good, cost effective way of handling my medical paperwork. As it turns out, this was the most beneficial "stumble" I could have done. My intake process is now streamlined and efficient. Creating new forms is a breeze. In the few cases I've had problems, the team at IntakeQ has quickly and effectively come to my assistance, even so far as to create the forms I was needing. Anytime I have a question I get a prompt personal response. These guys just keep improving the product more and more. I highly recommend them, particularly if you are a solo doc like me. But even a large group would benefit. High-quality product, HIPAA secured, easy to use, responsive team, very affordable.

Pros

Easy to use. Cost effective.

Cons

Sometimes hard for patients to log in (though most of these cases are technically impaired folks!)

Emily H.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

The BEST way to automate my busy practice!

Reviewed on 2016/12/01

WOW! The ease of use is crazy simple....and if you get stuck-- if you send an email to support, you WILL hear back from a rep within the day, and I mean if you send it at 7pm you will get an email back at 8pm. yep even after hours. I secretly want to hire their staff because their customer service is top notch. But not only is the staff amazing, the product is THE BEST solution for my functional medicine practice. HIPAA compliant. Getting started with them-- they were able to convert my current forms into digital questions for a mere $9 or something like that. I would've wasted HOURS trying to figure that out. If you are considering intakeQ, look no further. I would do a video testimony for them because I have been so impressed. (and no I don't work for them)

Pros

-Ease of Use
-Ability to fit within my digital practice
-Staff
-Staff always coming up with solutions to my questions

Cons

-Wish there was a feature to have clients put things in chronological order like some other Functional Medicine Software companies.

Ruel T.

IntakeQ has made scheduling, sending forms, and reminding clients of appointments much easier.

Reviewed on 2017/07/17

Having clients be able to schedule their own appointments and access paperwork online is a huge benefit. I also love that clients get a text reminder, which means I don't have to remind clients of their appointment time.

Pros

I love that clients can schedule their own appointments, get email/text reminders, and fill out paperwork online.

Cons

I wish there were more features available for linked calendars and spacing out appointment times. For example, I have it set within IntakeQ to link with my work Google calendar. When a client schedules an appointment through IntakeQ there is a 15-minute space that is created between sessions. However, sometimes clients schedule an appointment with me which I put into my Google calendar. These appointments are not scheduled through IntakeQ so, therefore, there is not a 15-minute space between sessions with clients. As a result, I'm often left with back to back appointments with clients without any break. I realize I can go into IntakeQ and schedule the appointment however that is not always possible.

Simal O.
Industry: Research
Company size: Self Employed

We are quite satisfied with IntakeQ platform: it is reliable, convenient and simple to use.

Reviewed on 2017/07/17

HIPAA secure platform (it was a must for our IRB approval)
Easy access 24/7
Online - remote access feature
Collection of questionnaire data (predominantly)
Secure messaging (rarely used but it was on target)

Pros

The crucial thing for us was it to be an HIPAA secure platform (we use it to collect some sensitive (medical) information for a research study). It has exceeded our expectations regarding 1) reliability (the platform works smoothly), 2) simplicity (easy to user - on both ends) and 3) great customer support (we had ran into couple problems that were fixed pretty quickly). Also, the messaging was a bonus feature for us - so far we used it for a few occassions but they were very critical so it was great to have that option. And the price is reasonable - we are an independent research team - paying for this service out of pocket - and we are extremely satisfied with every penny we pay to your service. So, great job to you gals & guys at IntakeQ!

Cons

The questionnaires can be improved:
- such as by adding answer-activated conditional questions , ex: if you check a box at Question1, then skip to Question8 etc.)
The display can be improved by having options
- such as by adding the option of showing the most recently completed form on top
- visually grouping forms - as worked on etc (not just read or unread) by user-activated flagging.

Industry: Biotechnology

Clean and simply designed intake and patient management platform

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Using intakeQ as a patient interaction, eICF, and eCRF/ePRO platform for clinical trials. For simple trials with simple follow-ups that the coordinators don't mind setting up, this is an extremely budget-friendly way to obtain eICFs and some ePROs (less than a hundred dollars vs minimum $5k for HIPAA-compliant SurveyMonkey). You can configure roles to control access and security

Pros

Extremely affordable and extremely fast customer service while boasting HIPAA compliance, eSignatures, recurring forms and appointments, automated follow-up emails, and secure patient platform. Sending and re-sending forms is easy.

Cons

Cannot choose which variables to show as columns under Client list. Cannot calculate average scores from multiple questions. Cannot cause a notice to send to the site coordinators or doctors if a certain response is recorded. Cannot set up forms in a set schedule so that one form is sent after another at a certain time and then view this schedule (but that is fine as this was not designed for this). Lack of version control of forms.

David G.
Company size: Self Employed

IntakeQ is the PERFECT administrative assistant for my business!

Reviewed on 2016/12/01

I can't say enough good things about how amazing IntakeQ is for me as an independent contractor and licensed massage therapist. IntakeQ has taken so much of the burden of administrative duties off of my plate. All of my health intake forms, waivers, and general information pamphlets are all customized and easily sent to clients. The scheduling feature and integration with gmail is awesome for both me and my family who need to know my schedule. Email features, integration with Square (for standard sales) and Stripe (for gift certificates) is great. This is one powerful tool for HIPPA compliant forms and administrative needs. couldn't survive without it.

Pros

All the scheduling features, analytics, and customizable forms.

Cons

Still looking for more automated email functions, and more scheduling features, but IntakeQ team seems to always be doing updates that are great.

Judy A.

Loving this program!

Reviewed on 2016/12/01

This has been a huge time and paper saver for me. Most of my patients love it. Some people that are still uncomfortable with doing online forms can get baffled and occasionally people have a challenge with saving the information (maybe it's their browser?). I also like how easy it is to make changes on the forms.
My only recommendation is to condense the printable form. My health history is >20 pages printed. Probably could be 1/2 that if it wasn't so spread out.

Pros

easy to use, make changes and send to patients

Cons

the printable version is very long; >20 pages, could be much less if it weren't so spread out in print version.

Response from IntakeQ

Hello Judy,

Thank you so much for the positive review! Regarding the issue with printed forms using up too much paper, you can enable a more condensed version that should work better for you. You can find it in the Settings tab under More -> Settings. You should enable both options in the PDF section.
I hope this helps!

Heather M.
Industry: Law Practice

IntakeQ improved client response time

Reviewed on 2016/12/13

For years we sent out questionnaires to learn about our clients via email with an attached PDF. It was not very user-friendly. The client had to either print it out and handwrite their answers or try to edit it digitally which often resulted in lost data. When we switched to IntakeQ it simplified the process for our clients and almost immediately, we noticed an increase in response time. IntakeQ is user-friendly, so even our older clients, who may not be as comfortable using a computer, seem to have an easy time filling out our survey. We switched over six months ago and will never go back to our old system.

Pros

I like how easy it is to create the intake form and how easy it is to edit it.

Cons

I have had clients complain that they lose their password, or they log it from a different link (because sometimes I send two or three emails before they respond) and then their data isn't there. It seems that if they type an email that has already been entered into the system that they should be prompted to re-enter a form they already started or prompted with a password reminder