Ben K.

Perfect option for those coming from Fellowship One

Reviewed on 2014/01/31

Our church was originally a long-time customer of Connection Power (now owned by Fellowship One). CP was always a convoluted mess to me, difficult and complicated to use. When Fellowship One purchased CP and dramatically increased the monthly pricing, it was a great excuse to jump ship.

We hadn't searched too long before we settled on Roll Call. It was the obvious choice for our budget. Our initial attraction was the one time fee for everything we need, and then no fee afterwords. We will be saving TONS by not having to pay a monthly fee. Setup was fairly easy, although I had to fire off a couple phone calls to Roll Call for some help, but they were very helpful and knowledgable.

Our setup consists of 2 check-in computers. I LOVE how seemlessly the computers talk to each other. All the data that I input and changes I make on one computer is instantly available to the other computer (with CP, any change you made HAD to be synchronized before those changes took effect), with infared scanners. We opted for the custom key-tags for our parents, which look GREAT and very proffesional. We have received TONS of comments on how much more simple and quick the "new system" is. Overall, we are VERY pleased, as are our parents. The staff is pleased so far with the system as well.

There are really no cons to speak off. The only suggestion I would make is the ability to make a more customizable welcome screen. As is, it's very bland and boring looking. It would be nice to be able to customize the screen (make the buttons larger, or center the screen, etc.) or add a background picture.

Finally, Roll Call's software is very easy to use, with lots of great instructional videos online to get you going. If you're looking for gear to use (touch-screen, infared scanners, printers etc.), consider searching around on eBay or Amazon for used gear. It was much cheaper for us (e.g., we got 2 used Dymo label printers for $60 on eBay) to purchase used gear. Just a thought!

David M.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Roll Call has all the bells and whistles!

Reviewed on 2018/12/25

Pros

Roll Call literally is your one stop platform for all functions of church data! They do a great job at being very custom and continuing to keep up with emerging technologies such as being able to use your finger print for check ins for children's ministry! I also love that you can have custom fields for data and can do all your communication through one application either by email or text.

Cons

The only thing I could say about this software is almost the same with all data management software, which is continuing to work on how the program looks and feels. The features and functions are great I just think other industries are a step ahead in GUI. Overall though the software is very easy to navigate and once you get going it becomes very user friendly

Stacey R.

2 Thumbs Up!

Reviewed on 2014/08/14

Overall we are delighted with the Roll Call product in comparison to the Church people management system we were using. For a congregation with about 200 members this is an ideal system. It is very budget friendly and we are not paying for data management that we are not using.
The switch to Roll Call was quite easy as Customer support quickly answered or solved all questions /problems in the transition. Never were we put on hold or passed to a different department.
We have been using the child check-in for 3 months and it has work quite well. I would advise 2 check-in touch screens if you have lots of visitors as the visitor check-in for children is takes about 5 minutes and cause a back up of people occasionally. However we are increasing are ability to get followup information on visiting families as a result. The attendance report feature works really well for this purpose.
The People management input, search, lists etc. functions and is manipulated well. Love that duplicate entries are caught quickly and easily deleted or merged for best profile. Finding and opening a profile also is fast and I am not using my printed directory at all anymore. Yet when I need one for a member the directory is quick to format and print or save as a pdf attachment.
Weekly contribution summaries and batch info are also formatted nicely and our book keeper is satisfied with the results.
Again we are delighted and thank you for a great product.

Gina G.

Great!!

Reviewed on 2016/10/05

I was looking to save our church some money on office expenses but also find a program that works well with Mac. RollCall fit the bill on both accounts! We are saving $1400 a year now!! That's a lot for a small church! Thanks RollCall!

Pros

I love that it works well for those that are data entry focused, keyboard shortcuts all work great so there is very little 'mousing' around on the screens. The report exports to Numbers spreadsheets work really well and are much quicker than what we were using before. The number of different reports I can access make it really easy to get all kinds of information into nice presentations for meetings. I also love how I can so easily save it to a stick and "take RollCall home" to work at home too.

Cons

Our children's ministry wishes it could keep track of the kids club points system together with Check-In. Beyond that, I can't really say there is anything else I don't like!

Judy D.

Derby Church of Christ

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

I was new to the secretary job and wanted a church program that was simple and easy to use. We are a small church and didn't need a lot of bells and whistles. My son helped me to find the program on the internet and we downloaded a trial. It took me a while to figure out how to use some of the options, but it does everything I need and is easy to understand. I have had to call support a few times, but they were very helpful in answering my questions. I am very pleased with the program and would buy it again. Thanks

Pros

Easy to enter database and pretty self-explanatory

Cons

nothing that comes to mind. I found it easy to maneuver once I got my bearings. There are parts of the program we will never use as a small church, but it has everything I need.

Keith K.

A Wonderful Solution!

Reviewed on 2011/12/21

Best church data solution on the market!

Pros

I have been in ministry for 17 years now and have never been satisfied with any church data management software until now. Rollcall is both a simple to use product and powerful ministry tool. In a world of complicated and expensive data solutions, Rollcall is a breath of fresh air. It not only meets my ministry needs, but exceeds them in a way that is very cost effective. Instead of a "one size fits all" approach to data management, Roll call has succeeded in offering the perfect size that fits us both financially and functionally. Thank you guys for working so hard to develop a product that keeps my life simple.

Cons

The only suggestion I might make is that the reaction time of the server be increased or some indication that what I click on has been recognized so I don't keep clicking and confusing the server locking it up.

Sharon P.

General Review of Roll Call

Reviewed on 2010/06/14

Roll Call has been a work horse for us and would be a good product for anyone to purchase. We found it worked well with Mac, which was the main reason for our original purchase.

Pros

Everyday use for members, classes and groups is very easy to navigate. Donation information is easy to record and track. Most users are able to search for basic information with a little training.
Support has always been excellent and the people are very friendly and easy to work with.

Cons

Email is not user friendly for anything but straight text and is not useful for cutting and pasting from word docs. The formatting and some of the characters do not translate exactly. It would be nice to be able to forward forms such as attendance rosters directly without having to print and scan to email for teachers.

Rick F.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Whether in-house or in-the-cloud, Roll Call is a winner!

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

Pros

The team is very responsive to our needs. It is always a pleasure to be able to dialogue directly with the programmers. The folks at Roll Call listen to their customers; and most often implement suggestions that come from the customer.

Cons

Nothing we don't like about the vendor. It would be nice if the product offered a little more artificial intelligence in terms of helping us reach the members and visitors that are at risk of falling through the cracks. Don't get me wrong, the information is there, but it does require a bit of knowledge of logical operators to extract it.

Nathan D.

Reviewed on 2008/09/23

Fantastic product, and I recommend anyone looking for a church software solution seriously consider Roll Call.

Pros

- Entirely customizable reports
- No monthly fees, pay based on capacity, so a smaller church can grow into an increasing capacity, paying for more capacity at a later date.
- Cross-platform, both PC and Mac on same network
- Support is hands-down the best support I've seen with any product, ever.
-Major version release every 12 months (They haven't missed one yet!) Minor releases much more often.
-Easy to roll out an upgrade to all your clients. Simply upgrade the Server install, and clients auto-upgrade at the next login.

Cons

- As of version 9.5, there is no online ability.

Randal H.

Roll Call Review

Reviewed on 2010/07/12

My Wish List would be:
A quicker list view of people checked into a session and a quicker check in/out for nursery from such a view. Infants seems to come and go throughout a service and instead of check back in. Let them use the same tag for the day... and it check them back in, with that by recalling history or something simular to that. Keep collective checkin and out history for recall. Cannot be used as a church daycare, in/out tool. Newer version can, but cumbersome to use in that capacity.

Solution is a bit pricey for the number of users and for the custom keytags with barcodes compared to some of the other companies that offer these type of solutions.

Pros

Very good and is easy to use.

Cons

Very mouse friendly. Non-mouse or keyboarders have larger learning navigation learning curve.

Sandy D.

Not sure what you are asking for

Reviewed on 2010/06/14

Overall I think it is a great product and can be configured to do many different things.

NOTE: I was not able to obtain the original date of purchase from the Treasurer. She could only be certain that we had paid for tech support in 2002, so she assumed we had to have purchased it in 2001 or prior to that.

Pros

Can produce many reports using roll call, as well as labels, etc.
I use it everyday to look up info on members, friends, etc., who attend our church.

Cons

In the attendance part we need Roll Call to show the association for each person so we can credit the correct person when doing attendance as we have more than one with the same name in many instances.

Thomas C.

This product is easy to use. When we did have a minor issue the customer support was excellent.

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

This product helped us to consolidate all contact information and giving records in one place

Pros

We appreciate the fact that all of our congregations contact information is available in one place. We also like having the ability to track contributions weekly by individual. This product has exceeded our expectations. Excellent value, powerful product. You will not be disappointed with this product

Cons

The only issue we had in using Roll Call was user error. If you use the tutorial videos they do explain all aspects of this software in detail. Customer support was excellent in helping us navigate those areas we had questions on.

Renee' F.

Software & service Review

Reviewed on 2014/10/22

This is my first time using Roll-Call in my working career. And I have been using it for the last three years. I am totally impressed not only is it easy to use but every day I realize what else it can do! And Customer Service couldn't be better...they have always been available and have answered any questions I have put before them. The only regret I have is not being on board when the system was introduced to our company, as I was not yet employed here at that time. I would have liked to have learned the system along with the rest of my co-workers. Bottom line is I would highly recommend Roll-Call to any type of company!

Kaydee W.

It's worked great for our church. We LOVE the check-in system and name tags for our nursery!

Reviewed on 2017/09/12

Pros

We use the check-in system with the mobile add-on. It makes checking in for our nursery quick, easy, and secure. We plan to soon expand it to our older children's Sunday School classes as well. We love how nicely the name tags print with the ability to customize what is shown. The automated tracking of attendance is another major selling feature.

Cons

Would like the ability to auto-generate reports via email and to be able to save them as xls or csv. With the use of Nexmo in the mobile add-on, would like to be able to view incoming texts from parents who are being notified to come to the nursery.

Pat B.

Great experience with support, tutorials, and everything this application has to offer.

Reviewed on 2018/01/23

Reduced the number of hours it takes to perform the job. We are a very small church and are currently looking for a permanent secretary. This software is so intuitive. I know it meets our needs but can see where it would be great for bigger churches as well.

Pros

This application is extremely user friendly. It has greatly reduced the time it takes to track our contributions, print out our annual receipts, produce our church directory and print out reports for our elders, pastor or or members. Than you By the Book.

Cons

I like the feature to be able to load into excel. I just wish we had that flexibility to load reports into word.

Sarah C.

The installation was quick and the how-to manuals and videos are easy to understand,

Reviewed on 2016/05/11

We were looking for a database program to assist with tracking gifts and pledges. This software has all the elements we were looking for, including easy input. We look forward to using the reporting tools for both our parishioners and for tracking purposes. Much more comprehensive than our old system of spreadsheets and complicated mail merges!

I don't see us using the actual "Roll Call" features for tracking attendance, etc. I like the possibility of keeping all parishioner records in one place but for now, we'll use the donor record pieces.

Nikki M.

Great product

Reviewed on 2016/08/10

Have had a great experience using this program. Has done everything we need plus features we have not been able to use yet.

Pros

Once it is set up it is easy to use.

Cons

Limited databases for people.

Joyce H.

Church Secretary

Reviewed on 2010/02/26

I recommend this software to any novice or an experienced administrator. This program along with their outstanding staff is a win win! You will not be disappointed.

Pros

This software is very user friendly! I've used it for six years. We are very satisfied.

Cons

I like it. All that I use of it is good. It's the only one I've ever used.
Am very satisfied. Others may or may not compare, I don't know. I'm sold out on by the book RollCall software.

Sheila D.

Philadelphia United Methodist Church - Conyers, GA

Reviewed on 2014/09/24

From the time I first called and spoke with Kim Conley several months ago, I have found everyone very helpful and knowledgeable about the Roll Call product. You have all been very patient with me while I have been learning the program. My thanks to you all! My free support runs out in a few days but I am certain that you will still be there in your usual form if I should need to call.

Rick G.

Great Product!!! Wouldn't even think of running my programs without it!

Reviewed on 2010/07/13

I would highly recommend this program to anyone who is in charge of children. It doesn't make sense not to use it.

Pros

I can't believe how many different uses this program has! I use it for every event to keep track of attendance as well as for security purposes.

Cons

Could have a bit easier interface, although having said that, the technical support offered with it is second to none.

Michael W.

I have looked for several years for a program as easy at Roll Call. Great program.

Reviewed on 2017/10/29

ease of use and teaching others to use.

Pros

I think the ease of the program. It was easy to set up and to use. It is easy to click on names and get the information we need.

Cons

I wish things like baptism dates, membership dates were easier to apply to the prime screen. You have to go through a couple steps that I still have problems with. I hear they were working on this. Staff is great to work with.

Lynette S.

Perfect software for our small church! Roll Call was exactly what we needed.

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Pros

Easy to use; easy to generate reports and great price! As to customer service, they are amazing. Quick to reply, ready to help, want to accommodate. This software is going to save us a lot of work!

Cons

Nothing we can think of! There have been a few minor questions/issues as we transitioned to this software, but the customer service has been great and these have been resolved.

Karen P.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

I am so glad I found this software! It was easy to set up and easy to use!

Reviewed on 2017/09/28

This program is easy to use and has made my workload so much easier and quicker to complete.

Pros

At this point, I am only using the charitable giving section. It is very easy to use and manage reporting! Of course, Customer Service has been amazing and helped make this a very smooth transition to a new software product! I am so grateful for their support. It is also very cost effective.

Sonya S.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

This software has been easy to learn and works well for what we are using it for.

Reviewed on 2017/10/16

We use it for check in at our Sorority meetings. It allows us to quickly check in members and verify their identity. This software has allowed us to streamline our check-in process and increase efficiency and accuracy during check in

Pros

I like that it is easy to use, once trained. Multiple functions is another great quality about this software. It can be as sophisticated or simplistic as you need it to be. The software capabilities can grow with your needs.

Cons

It is not very intuitive. Once you are shown, something, it is fairly easy to pick up. However, without training, it is not as intuitive to perform some of the functions. The videos were not particularly helpful for me, since they didn't cover some of the functions that I wanted to perform.

Carolyn R.

???

Reviewed on 2014/05/16

Very easy to record the contributions each Sunday. Finally was able to determine how to make changes or corrections to the contributions. The attendance recording is not the easiest. Would like the dates of services to be shared between the attendance and contributions and other applications.