ShelbyNext Membership

Cloud hosted solution for church and nonprofit organization

Larry S.

Shelby Membership Module Overview

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

It's just been good. As with any new system, there is some learning curve but, for the Membership Module, it's been a rather soft curve.

Pros

It's a really solid product overall. The best features are it's ability to easily enter, edit, combine or delete member records. The combining of duplicate records is ESPECIALLY useful. It transfers all information, including giving information, to the chosen record and misses nothing. Again, an excellent tool indeed. Plus, the entire package is just user friendly. It doesn't require indepth instruction to use and find needed information about an individual member, a group or team, and so on. Finally...the email function that allows emailing end of year giving statements is excellent.

Cons

I cannot really identify a significant downside to this software package. It simply does the job in an efficient, easy fashion.

Alisha B.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Huge step up from Version 5, user friendly, but could still use a few more tweaks to make...

Reviewed on 2019/08/17

I would save over all it has been great. Again there are a few things I would like some help with, but I would pick this program again. I hope that it continues to improve! I would like to see a way for "notes" to be save on to a persons account or to list old phone numbers, emails, or addresses.

Pros

How user friendly it is and that it is on the cloud. I love that all of our staff can have their phones in their hands and get church members info without having to be connected to our server or at their computer. As the Administrative Assistant this has saved me SOO much time! I also like the forms - but its also the thing I think needs some work. I love being able to attach events and classes to profiles easier through the forms.

Cons

That everytime someone submits a form a new profile is made. I have called customer service about this so many times and I have never recieved a return call. I also think the calendar could use some work - Its not as user friendly as everything else. I was told that we could put the calendar on our website - but I still haven't found how to do that... and again, customer service hasn't called me back about that either.

Christina D.

Shelby review

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

Overall I am satisfied with ShelbyNext and the customer support is always available to assist us when we get in over our heads. Some of the bugs that we encountered in our first years have subsided and no longer do we see the same issues such as timing out, etc.

Pros

The overall look of it and ease . The ability to export/import transactions into excel, which cuts down on a lot of work having to re-enter

Cons

Wish that creating special reports would be easier

Kelly F.

Worth the Time to Upgrade

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

ShelbyNext Membership has been an asset to our church family: we get fewer calls in the church office asking for addresses and phone numbers; the information stays up-to-date as far as we know; pictures help church members put faces and names together; the attendance and email features allow leaders to call meetings and recognize people who are missing and may need a personal contact. Since we are able to make mass contacts and check-in children through ShelbyNext, we have eliminated the cost of additional software programs.

Pros

As a church staff member, I enjoy the fact that the Shelby Membership App puts information in church members' hands. We rarely receive phone calls asking for addresses and phone numbers which occurred frequently each day. Church members can track group attendance and set up meetings through the program as well. We enjoy the ability to make a church-wide or group-wide phone calls, texts, and emails.

Cons

The children's check-in system allows parents and guardians to add multiple records to the system, and it does not ask for mailing address information.

Marcy T.

Still needs improvement

Reviewed on 2019/09/02

Better than v5 but has room for improvement. After our initial set up, support was non existent

Pros

Of the choices out there this was the best option for us because the financial piece was attached.

Cons

Had to create too many basic church membership criteria. Attendance input has some glitches and there’s is not a check out system for check in’s.(important for Children’s Ministry). Calendar has had glitches resulting in”disappearing rooms”

Response from Shelby Systems

Please reach out to our support team at [email protected] We are here to help you with any of your support needs.

Debbie R.

Membership

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

Pros

Easy to navigate. Pastors can easily find information and can access the app from the their phone. Life Groups can take attendance on their phones which eliminates the need to manually input the information.

Cons

We have 3 separate Shelby softwares to perform the duties that Shelby v5 did. We use Shelby Giving, ShelbyNext Membership and ShelbyNext Financials. The systems are integrated but you have to use each of the three softwares to process offerings or add giving funds. It all works really well, just wish we didn't have to log in to 3 separate systems with 3 separate userids and passwords.

Walter M.

An almost-there product

Reviewed on 2019/08/23

We used the locally hosted version of Shelby for over almost two decades and made the switch to the hosted version after evaluating other options. It's a good product for membership tracking, but not yet a great product.

Pros

Basic functions in ShelbyNext Membership are easy to use and the software is responsive. It's custom made for churches and a church of our size (~800 people) seems a good fit for how they have the software organized.

Cons

ShelbyNext Membership needs to be more customizable, especially with its reporting. Personalizing reports is practically non-existent and adding this one feature would GREATLY enhance its usability. The lack of a reporting module severely limits our ability to use this to its fullest.

Jim G.

Review of Shelby Arena

Reviewed on 2015/03/26

Pros

Have been a customer of Shelby Service products for over 20 years. Service and responsiveness is the cornerstone of what Shelby offers when it comes to operational use and implementations. No calling to get Ticket number and waiting for a response, no frustration in the CSR not understanding what you are asking and having someone else call you back after another waiting period. Willing to hand hold admin people on the phone and using webconnect to solve the issue or train the worker. Offering a web based Prodsuct (Arena) that allows us to virtually do what we need to do in and present it in a way that our church expects to see it and identify it.

Cons

Sometimes the bug fixes take longer to get fixed than they should.

Great software for multi departmental church use

Reviewed on 2018/02/19

The best benefit is the ability to communicate and plan between our departments in a larger organization (1000 plus)

Pros

I love the child check in and security feature. I like the fact that you can check in your children and the ease with which we can contact parents should an emergency arise. I also like the room reservation, calendar and mass communication features. Shelby does a great job of allowing so many different and effective uses of their software.

Cons

Customer service can be slow to respond and often when they do, they assume the user is the problem first. There are sometimes glitches in the system as well that you have to call about or wait out.

Jeff F.

Overall ShelbyNext has been good for our folks. The use of the app has had a lot of good...

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

Pros

Cloud based that can be accessed anywhere. Mass email works well for my group leaders. I like the constant updates and improvements.

Cons

Groups is used for both classes/groups and profiles. Checkin and wireless printers didn't work too well. We had to go with another child checkin system. When entering Notes, you can't search for them accurately. Shelby Mailroom should work to update zips and validate addresses in the software instead of a stand alone.

Shane K.

It’s OK

Reviewed on 2019/08/17

We like that it’s web based and it’s intuitive use. We don’t like that there are many challenges getting the reports we want from the system.

Pros

Web based application rather than installed software allows for flexibility of use. We like the function of empowering bible study leaders to take their attendance.

Cons

Not as flexible as v5. Limited reporting. Check in applications (last time we took a close look) wasn’t great.

Katie H.

Moving to Next Membership

Reviewed on 2019/08/24

This has been a positive update from Version 5. There was a bit of a learning curve, but that happens with any new software you implement. Our customer service has been pretty good, and we are moving forward with this new program.

Pros

It is so much easier to use! The interface is updated, and it is easier to maneuver around in the Membership module.

Cons

There are certain features that are gone. I used the Mailroom Bulk Mail feature every week before, and now that we've moved it's just gone. I would also like to have the option to edit some of the PDF reports that I run. They are hard to manipulate once they are printed, and I find myself having to make multiple copies of everything to try to get it to look right.

Candy S.

ShelbyNext

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

Good, but not excellent.

Pros

The versatility of using the system on computer and phone to get information is terrific. Being able to establish groups to track and email eliminates a lot of time.

Cons

Not being able to print a directory with clear photos.

Darrell T.

Amazing capabilities

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

Able to categorize people and then mass contact them via text or email. Maintains an easy to use web based people search.

Pros

I love the ease of navigating through information.

Cons

It can be overwhelming at first. Sometimes managing groups isn't the easiest to navigate.

Constance J.

Love this

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Pros

With over 3,000 members to be membership care director this software helped a lot. Also able to send mass emals

Cons

Reporting became difficult and it seemed a little behind. Customer service was difficult to contact.

Kim S.

Wish it did more for Attendance and Check In

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

Pros

fairly easy to use
internet storage and access

Cons

Not able to make it give me answers I need

Brittany V.

Could be better

Reviewed on 2019/08/17

Pros

Simplicity of figuring out where things are or how to edit data

Cons

It's dated. Nothing really seems fresh and new or very shareable.

Mark C.

Shelby Next Membership review

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Pros

Ease of use with the software for Membership

Cons

Reporting and ability to do additional tasks like scheduling events

Jeff D.

ShelbyNext | Membership Review

Excellent experience

Pros

Many functions available that assist my job responsibilities

Cons

Our church would utilize the children check-in system if it didn’t require the use of Java.

Lisa C.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Helpful for staff to obtain information on members. Still learning.

Reviewed on 2018/05/30

Great for staff to get member information.

Pros

Staff can get to member information easily. Still trying to get all Deacons and Life Group Leaders to use it.

Cons

Shelby 5 and Next do not have all of the same fields, so when info was transferred, I feel like there is some information we did not get and there are a lot of fields we do not use and are now duplicated on Next.

Margie S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Awesome

Reviewed on 2019/08/23

The system is very user friendly .

Pros

Thr ease of inputting data information and data storage

Cons

When inputting member information doesn't automatically assign member numbers.

Brendan S.

Does the job. UI design is out dated and difficult.

Reviewed on 2017/04/18

Pros

Customer service has been responsive and well trained in their problem solving. Information can be captured but will require a bit of creativity.

Cons

The learning curve is steep. This is not an I Phone and easily usable out of the box. You will need training and after care services.

Rachel H.

Shelby Systems Review

Reviewed on 2020/03/23

I enjoyed working with Shelby and it offered an excellent scalable solution for our customized requirements.

Pros

We used this as our check-in software and accounting software. The software is very stable and offers tons of customization options.

Cons

The software can be difficult to navigate and can suffer from performance issues depending on the ammount of users logged in at a time.

Marc L.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Church management software

Reviewed on 2018/04/09

Pros

I have always enjoyed the relative ease of setup and migration of Shelby software. Having a SQL backend has always helped with the ease of transition.

Cons

I can't speak on much on the functionality, as I mostly just deal with product migration for this system.

Monema S.

Helps with communication

Reviewed on 2019/08/24

Pros

Ease of communication to group members
Able to attach files

Cons

Titles of groups and tags was confusing.