Bookeo

David
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Happy customer for 7+ years

Reviewed on 2018/12/30

I have used the Bookeo booking platform for 7+ years. I operate a Segway Tour business, and this product does what I want it to do. It saves a significant amount of time as customers can complete their reservation online. Our sales and advance bookings increased significantly once we started using this product. When looking for a booking platform, I wanted one that DID NOT charge the customer a fee to make a reservation. I don't feel that a customer should have to pay an additional fee to do business with you.

Pros

It is fairly easy to set up. The cost is very reasonable. The monthly flat fee has not increased in 7 years. The customer support is all online, but the response time is fast. This booking platform meets all of the needs of my small tour business. Changes to tour schedules and other revisions can be made quickly and easily. The developer continues to add capabilities and features at no additional cost. The customer is not charged a fee or percentage of the cost to make a reservation.

Cons

There are some minor design changes that could improve the booking process from the consumer side. I would like to see some additional reporting features (eg. Charts showing which tour times are most popular for given months).

Response from Bookeo

Thank you for writing this amazing review, David. It's always been a pleasure working with you and your team. We agree, customers should not pay a fee to the booking system to make a booking.

If there's ever anything we can help with in the future, you know we're always here.

Lauren
Lauren
  • Industry: Publishing

Perfect Booking Software for Aerial, Dance, or Fitness Studio

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Bookeo has allowed us to create an online way for our students to book classes and pay with their credit card.

Pros

I manage an aerial silks studio and we needed a system that would allow us to book classes, private lessons, and events. The Bookeo System is inexpensive, connects to PayPal, super easy to set up, and allows for multiple instructors to access the system. Creating new one-off classes is easy as well as canceling classes. We can create memberships, punchcards, discounts, promo codes, and more. I tested several other systems before settling on Bookeo and haven't turned back. They are also very prompt with responses and continually update the system for improved functionality. The system can allow for bookings paid in advance or for cash payment on arrival.

Cons

It's not the prettiest system on either the back end or the end users side, but it gets the job done. I do wish it would let people book more than one student at a time with a punch card at once (you can use a punchcard for other students but have to book each one separately). I also wish there was a way to bill or invoice students for missed classes so we could accept more bookings without payment required in advance. You can allow cash payments but if someone doesn't show there isn't an easy way to bill for missed classes.

Response from Bookeo

Thanks for the great review, Lauren! We appreciate the feedback and your suggestions for improvement. I will forward them to our development team. Please note that you can collect credit card details to secure bookings and later charge for missed classes.

Shanno

Becky
  • Industry: Hospitality

Appalling customer support

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Generally good functionality and possibly the best for our purposes, but poor user experience with terrible mobile optimisation. And absolutely horrific customer service. I can't stress the latter enough, and it makes me feel very uncomfortable about dealing with them long term.

Pros

There is plenty of functionality that is helpful when managing a small outdoor adventure company. The ability to list different events, with promotional pricing, and individual messaging etc, is very much appreciated. It's easy to integrate with our Squarespace site, too.

Cons

The main thing that I dislike about Bookeo is their appalling customer service. We are currently in the middle of a situation whereby Bookeo keeps making repeated calls on two of our customers' bank accounts, filing 172 payments in one instance, before the customer was alerted to the fact she had no money left and put a block on her account. Even though this was clearly a business critical issue, I am still (four days later) failing to get any coherent response from Bookeo as to whether the problem has been isolated, and whether a fix has been applied. I have also failed to speak to anyone over the phone, and only receive piecemeal emails from people who are clearly in a different timezone, who are always new to the situation with no prior knowledge of what has come before. The other major 'con' of the software is that is very poorly optimised for mobile interfaces.

Response from Bookeo

Hi Becky, I am sorry to read that you had a bad experience with our customer support. We strive to provide the best customer support to our customers. I reviewed the email thread and our high-level technicians explained to you that the issue was due to a network error, which was later fixed. Also, they explained that the issue only affected your account and no other accounts. I see that you did reply to the email with the explanation, so I believe you have received our answer.

We look forward to working with you in the years to come.

Jacob
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Happy Customer

Reviewed on 2023/05/01

Pros

I like that Bookeo is easy for the customers to make a booking. I like not having to waste time answering calls and emails. Through word of mouth customers have shared my website and booked without any interaction. Sales without the work - is there anything better? I have butchered the system to create a booking service for an Airport Shuttle service. That this is possible is impressive. It then allows me to download reports so that I can then create runsheets for drivers- through excel and creating rules and formulas, this is quite quick.Its relatively inexpensive and easy to learn.Integrates well with Xero

Cons

There could be more features.... but this would cost more money. Changes to the booking system requiring a password. This has now been changed due to feedback.

Response from Bookeo

Hi Jacob,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent review.
We really appreciate you being a customer and helping to share the word about us. We're here for you anytime.

Leah
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Bookeo

Reviewed on 2021/10/11

I love Bookeo as I can use PayPal, have payment option to chose from and a modern, professional booking page.

Pros

I love the modern looks of the booking page and use of my branding colours and images.
It looks modern and professional with easy instructions for clients booking online to follow.
The price is fantastic and for me as small business affordable. I have in the past tried anything from Setmore, Accuity, Canlendy, woocommerce booking to vCita. All are good but expansive and booking pages are not what I wanted. vCita is very good but very expensive.
Bookeo's booking page is fantastic and looks clean and modern and easy to use.
Wish I had found Bookeo much earlier. It uses PayPal which I love. Customer service is on the ball and very helpful. I love that I have payment options at time of booking, to chose from like pay now, deposit or do nothing.

Cons

At first I had an issues with the set-up software, it takes a bit getting used to and some instructions were not clear to me a I had to get back to Customer service a good few times.
I am now used to it but would like it to be a bit more intuitive and in my mind has steps that could be reduced, for example categories and services. Also, integration with other apps is limited which I found interesting, Bookeo is not on Zapier.

Response from Bookeo

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this amazing review, Leah.
We are thrilled that you like Bookeo's highly customizable, modern and professional interface as well as our simple pricing and our technical support!
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Christine

Very basic and no desire to improve

Reviewed on 2021/03/24

I thought it was going to solve problems, but it created a lot of new problems. We are actively looking for an alternative, but there are very few booking systems that do what we need.

Pros

The ability for clients to book and choose whether to pay now, or pay via invoice was the reason we chose Bookeo, alongside the Xero integration

Cons

You can only send a booking confirmation to ONE person - not a team of people. It doesn't integrate well with Zoom. It doesn't allow you to see what was sent to a customer. The support team are not remotely interested in raising improvement requests for their software. Support is average at best.

Response from Bookeo

Hi Christine,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I read all the support requests you sent us and the timely replies from our support team. Please note that:

- Bookeo sends the booking confirmation email only to the customer making the booking and not to all the participants. This feature works in a similar way for all the other booking systems. However, please note that you can use our API to send a booking confirmation email to participants. Unlike other booking systems, we do not charge additional fees to use the API.

- The Zoom integration has successfully been used by many customers during the Covid-19 pandemic. It seems that you would like to send a Zoom link for non-confirmed bookings. As our technicians explained, the zoom link is only sent once the booking is confirmed. Again, this feature works in a similar way for all the other booking systems.

FREDERICK
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Fancy cover, hollow on the inside

Reviewed on 2021/06/02

Calendar scheduling and reminders should be simple, bookeo makes it difficult.

Calendar scheduling and reminders should be simple, bookeo makes it difficult.

Pros

Information about appointments and clients were accessible.

Cons

Clunky and not intuitive. Too many screens to make one appointment, and the messaging was not consistent.

Genbook

Reasons for Choosing Bookeo

The perception of more function

Apptoto

Reasons for Switching to Bookeo

Price, however working correctly is worth more.

Response from Bookeo

Hi Frederick,

I read your review and I am sorry to read that you are not fully satisfied with Bookeo.

Creating a booking from your dashboard is very easy and requires you to click on a time on a resource's calendar and select the service. If you are creating a booking for an existing customer, you can use the autocomplete function to select the customer, or you can input details of a new customer.

Your customers can simply select a service, a date and a time for the appointment and provide their details.

Email and txt reminders are automatically sent by the system.

If you need any assistance with our system, please contact our support team at [email protected]. They will be more than happy to help.

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

Pros

I am always impressed with the speed at which I get my questions answered. The answers are thorough and obviously come from people who know the product intimately.

Cons

At times, I find the product hard to use. Bookeo is used for so many types of reservation style businesses, that sometimes I feel I need to compromise when trying to fit it into our escape room business. The reporting function of Bookeo could be better. Bookeo limits the date range on their reports to some pretty small time periods forcing me to request multiple reports when one would do.

Response from Bookeo

Thank you so much for the review! We're always focused on delivering the best possible customer service, so hearing that it's been working for you makes us happy. We also appreciate the feedback and your suggestions for improvement. If there's ever anything we can help with, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Kelly

In love with Bookeo

Reviewed on 2016/04/03

THANK YOU BOOKEO!! After over 5 months of searching for a registration system, we finally found exactly what we needed with Bookeo.

This system is easy to use for both the end user as well as administrators. The demo is seamless and allows for testing of all features ~ in fact the demo for the end user was so good that I signed up for a paid account before I even saw the admin side or spoke with anyone at Bookeo. It's that good. Once I got into the admin screens to begin setting up my system ~ I knew this was the system I had been searching for.

Bookeo was the only product out there that had everything we were looking for in a registration system: flexibility in class scheduling, ease of use for the student, mobile-responsive, gift cards, multi pass packages, promotions, Mail Chimp integration, Stripe integration, and more - it just does absolutely everything we need! And the setup was so intuitive!! There was no waiting to meet with a "trainer" to begin setup, it's just so easy. All you have to do is know how to read.

One of the BEST things about Bookeo is their customer service. I had many questions in our unique setup, and they answered every one of them within about an hour or less, and they answered them with actual answers that helped me accomplish what I needed to do. They solved everything I threw at them, expect for one minor thing. I cannot say enough good things about them.

Oh! And their pricing is perfectly affordable. No hidden or extra costs, just one monthly fee based on a generous tier of registrations each month.

Our students love it too. They love that it's so quick and easy to register for classes!

And finally, I loved that I didn't have to wait to speak with anyone to get set up and begin using this brilliant product.

Stop looking, get Bookeo.

Response from Bookeo

Hi Kelly,

thank you for the awesome review!!
We are so happy that you love Bookeo, all its great features and the Technical Support!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us -anytime.

Ramiro
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Bookeo delivers an amazing product!

Reviewed on 2016/10/12

The Pacific Marine Mammal Center is thrilled with Bookeo's online scheduling and reservation system! It has been very user friendly on both the administrative and customer ends. We were able to successfully integrate it onto our personal website as well as other social media pages very easily. The customer support has been fantastic as well! We have reached out several times and the Bookeo support team (especially Marcia Murphy) always answer the question fully, with supporting examples, within the hour! Bookeo also offers several features and functionality that allow us to make each of our 10 programs unique. Something that could make Bookeo better would be changes to its aesthetics. Overall, the product is reasonably priced, easy, and multidimensional and we would recommend it to any organization or user!

Pros

Ease, Features & Functionality, Customer Support!

Cons

Aesthetics. It would be a nice to be able to change the look and feel of Bookeo on our websites to match certain colors and themes.

Response from Bookeo

Hi Ramiro,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review about Bookeo.

We are currently working on a new UI. In the meantime, you can customize the look and feel of Bookeo with CSS. Our Technical Support Team will send you an email with instructions.

Suzanne

Jennifer

Bookeo review by Jen

Reviewed on 2023/02/15

Pros

The product looked great and was easy to use from a customer perspective. Openings were clearly shown and paying for the booking was easy. I got an email confirmation and receipt.

Cons

I actually used Bookeo to purchase a ticket myself before using it for my own business. The product went from easy to use to not at all easy. The customer service department is of little help and it really put a negative spin on my experience.

HoneyBook, Bookafy and Book Like A Boss

Reasons for Choosing Bookeo

Hoping for increased revenue

SimplyBook.me

Response from Bookeo

Thank you for posting a review, Jennifer. We set a high standard for our Customer Support and are truly sorry to hear that our standard was not met in your interaction with our business. Unfortunately, you did not provide your company name and therefore we can not search for correspondence with your business. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further so that we can deliver a better experience next time. You may reach us anytime at [email protected]. Again, thank you for your feedback!

MARK
  • Industry: Entertainment

TERRIBLE! TERRIBLE!! TERRIBLE !!!!

Reviewed on 2017/10/22

WHEN YOU START YOUR BUSINESS ONLY

WHEN YOU START YOUR BUSINESS ONLY

Pros

NOT EXPENSIVE. BESIDES THAT THERE NO MORE GOOD THINGS TO SAY ABOUT THEM. THE ONLY THING I CAN SAY IS THAT THEY ARE AFFORDABLE.

Cons

THERE IS NO WAY TO TALK TO THEM TO SOLVE A PROBLEM, UNLESS YOU WANNA BECOME A CUSTOMER, THEN THEY OFFER A PHONE NUMBER. IF YOU ASK THEM FOR A HELP EVEN WHEN YOU ALREADY TRY EVERYTHING ON THEIR HELP PAGE, THEY STILL KEEP TELLING YOU TO GO TO THEIR HELPING PAGE OR WATCH THE TUTORIAL. AND IN THE MEAN TIME YOUR CUSTOMERS ARE GOING AWAY.....

Response from Bookeo

Hi,

I reviewed the email threads sent to our Technical Support Team and I can see that we did provide answers after a few minutes after we received your emails.

It appears that you were having an issue with PayPal, not with Bookeo. As our Technical Support staff members explained to you, Bookeo is integrated with PayPal and the integration works well for all our customers. However, we cannot provide support for PayPal, this is why our staff members asked you to please contact PayPal support.

Upon checking with PayPal on our end, they confirmed that the agent that spoke with you gave out the incorrect information regarding PayPal Standard. I believe you should have now received a call from PayPal to example how Standard really works. I trust that the issue has now been resolved.

Mardi

Poor Experience with Bookeo

Reviewed on 2017/03/18

I was a customer of Bookeo for about two months. During that time, I received horrible customer service. They would only answer questions via email. When they did return an email, your questions was never fully addressed. They claim the software is easy to set-up, it is not. Since they will not talk to you on the phone you are forced into paying hundreds of dollars for their set up service. If it is that hard to establish a new relationship with Bookeo, I sure wasn't willing to become dependent on their software just to receive the same treatment in the coming years. Canceling my subscription was a great decision and I found a much better product that is more flexible.

Pros

it looked professional on the surface

Cons

customer support

Response from Bookeo

Hi Mardi,

I am sorry to read that you did not have a good experience with our technical support team. We strive to offer excellent support, and reply quickly to all the inquires.

I reviewed all the support requests you sent us, and you never explained what you were trying to set up in your account or what was not working. Without this information, our Technical Support Team won¿t be able to help you with your inquiry.

Also, we never sent you a quote for our set up service, as we never received the set-up questionnaire back from you. So, I am not sure what you are referring to in your review.

If you decide to give Bookeo another try, you can sign up for a new 30-day free trial here: signup.bookeo.com

As you know, all features are enabled during the free trial and no credit card is required to set up the account. In addition to this, we also offer a 30-day money back guarantee.

Sean McCoy

Bookeo for Customer

Reviewed on 2019/01/07

Pros

The administrative side of bookeo is great! Very easy to navigate for our side. Everything is on a thin list, and it's easy to search for things.

Cons

The customer side of bookeo is a little less clear. Customers will often select the wrong date.

Response from Bookeo

Sean, Thank you so much for the detailed review! We love hearing this kind of feedback from our clients, and appreciate you taking the time to lay out your experience.

There are a few settings that you can change in your account to solve the issue you reported. I will ask one of our technicians to send you an email about this.

Never hesitate to reach out with any questions or suggestions!

Asma

Real good and easy. At the beginning it takes a bit to get used to it , but it is so worth...

Reviewed on 2017/10/12

No more hassle with access sheets .I gained time and money. it is all in one place now.

Pros

-very easy to use
-access to the help functions and staff. They are always helpful and answer very fast.
-manages all my customers and payments and courses
-easy to create and update new courses
-has plenty and plenty of functionalities that I chose or not to use.
-price is very reasonable comparing to other alike

Cons

-I wish it had more functionalities for one on one tutoring businesses.
- every 2 year I would have to download my data cause it gets deleted, not the customers database though.

Response from Bookeo

Hi Asma, Thank you for the review! Happy to see you are enjoying the software. We strive to make a product that is great and easy to understand and use.

Sarah

Bruno

Definitely the best Booking system on the Market

Reviewed on 2022/12/12

Almost perfect

Almost perfect

Pros

Easy to use and deploy, fully customizable, EXCELLENT customer support. By far the best value on the Market.

Cons

Maybe the design could be slightly improve. But appart from that, I'm still searching, ;-)

Response from Bookeo

Hi Bruno,

Thank you so much for this amazing review! We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying Bookeo.

Tim
  • Industry: Photography

Tim review

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

The best part about the service is the customer support, being able to email and getting back a response very quickly Without us having to schedule an appointment just to talk to somebody, has been the most positive thing for us. every time we email we have a response within 10 to 20 minutes.

Pros

Tech-support and ease of scheduling ................

Cons

So far so good, not to much to complain about

Response from Bookeo

Thank you for posting this amazing review, Tim! We are happy to hear that you've found Bookeo easy to use and that you love working with our amazing Support Team. Thank you again, and never hesitate to reach out!

Sherry

Soooo glad I switched!

Reviewed on 2021/07/14

Pros

Its reasonable priced and they are VERY on top of customer service. Dont be detered by their email based service. I have needed their help many many times and they always get back to me right away.
Sherry
Escape this boise

Cons

Honestly, so far nothing and Ive been using it for a year.

Response from Bookeo

Hi Sherry,

Thank you for your review and for choosing Bookeo. It's great to read that you are happy with our low, fixed monthly fee and that you appreciate not being charged commissions or consumer fees.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any assistance.

Émilie

Review on Bookeo

Reviewed on 2018/10/04

Pros

Overall easy to use.
Custumer's service really fast to respond and every time resolved the problem with courtesy. That's principally why I write the review today.

Cons

A lot of functionality but that's ok. It would be nice if it was offered in french.

Response from Bookeo

Émilie, thank you for the great review! Please note that Bookeo is fully translated into French and we also have French speaking customer support agents.

Never hesitate to reach out with any questions or suggestions!

Eesha

Excellent service, functional, highly recommend!

Reviewed on 2017/04/30

Pros

The customer service is what tipped me over the line. I tried many softwares with similar features but this one was the most functional and excels with both front end visuals and back end user friendliness, and the customer management section is a super convenient bonus which will save me lots of time.

Cons

It would be nice if this software also had a nice calendar view, but since it does everything else I need I decided to settle for the nice event view.

Response from Bookeo

Hi Eesha,

Thank you for your review! We are happy to read that you like all the Bookeo's features.

If we can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Tech Support team,

Cheers

Sara
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Ok

Reviewed on 2018/09/05

Pros

It lets you visualize your bookings and differentiates what's booked and what's available.

Cons

Could be much easier to use and better to look at. For the cost, it just doesn't seem worth it.

Response from Bookeo

Sara, thank you for your feedback and your suggestions for improvement. We're always looking to balance Bookeo's large catalogue of features with overall ease-of-use. As for the "look", please note that we are working on a new UI.
If there's anything we can help with in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Paul
  • Industry: Sports

Average Booking Software

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

Pros

The userface was attractive and kept our online bookings in line

Cons

the cost was a little high for the service provided.
Lack of customer support

Response from Bookeo

Paul, thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I checked our records, and the last support request we received from you was 3 years ago, in 2015. Our support team answered all your questions in a timely manner. If there's ever anything we can help with, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Adam

Excellent so far!

Reviewed on 2018/07/04

Pros

Brilliant and easy to use interface, if not slightly outdated. It does what it should and is easy to use!
Great detail to personal touches
Great detail to modifications and customer information requirements.
EXCELLENT and fast customer service!

Cons

Just a little of an old interface perhaps, but nothing to worry about. Really impressive. The money might make some balk at first, but, not even a splash in the ocean for what the site offers me and lets me receive back in return.

Response from Bookeo

Hi Adam,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a great review! We really appreciate your feedback.

If there's ever anything you need in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out!

• Used Weekly for Free Trial

Excellent Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

My experience has been very positive and I would highly recommend it to any business that needs to obtain more business on line. For the amount of money u pay monthly you get a lot of services and benefits!!

Pros

The technical support has been extremely helpful. I was skeptical at first because they do not provide live support but after getting the replies back when I needed help I feel totally different.
Each time I needed technical support or help both their reps were very responsive and made sure I got what I needed. They always got back to me by email wishing 20-30 minutes which I found to be pretty quick.

Cons

It was a little confusing at first trying to understand all of the terminology. However after playing with it a lot I got used to it.

Response from Bookeo

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We really appreciate it. We hope you know how grateful we are for your support.

Never hesitate to reach out if there is anything we can do to help!

Thanks again.

Jason

Great company

Reviewed on 2016/03/08

I had to give this company 4 stars under ease of use because some of the features and settings are a little confusing. HOWEVER the customer service is so quick to respond (even after hours and weekends) that the overall rating still had to be 5 stars. Even the parts that are confusing are easily taken care of with a quick email to their help desk. They explain in plain and simple terms how to accomplish whatever it is that you are trying to do. I wish that more companies stood behind their customers like this.

Response from Bookeo

Hi Jason,

thank you for taking the time to write a review of Bookeo. We constantly add new features to the system and strive to make it easier to use.

Our customer support team is always happy to help, so please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!