Bookeo

Billy G.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Great product!

Reviewed on 2018/09/02

It is simple to use, help is usually w/i 24 hours and we've had no customer complaints. Would recommend Bookeo.

Pros

After years of using Bookeo, I should have wrote this review sooner. I run a kayak touring biz, we wear a lot of hats here, and the last thing we need is a booking system that has problems. We have turned down all the salespeople for other systems. Bookeo does what we need it to do.

Cons

This may be possible with Bookeo, but it doesn't appear to save data older than 2 years. Older data is useful for planning purposes. Right now, we are downloading the date in XLS format and saving it to an independent folder.

Last thing, some customers can't figure out how to use the "previous days - following days" buttons on the tour descriptions/dates opening page. They think that the only tours being offered are just on that page. We haven't kept data on this, but I don't think it's very much.

Response from Bookeo

Billy, thanks for the detailed review! We appreciate the feedback. Please note that Bookeo offers 2 booking modes for your booking page, and the booking mode you are using may be less suitable for your business (there is no one-size fits all solution for all businesses). You can easily change the booking mode for your booking page. It only takes a couple of clicks!

Christine W.

Very basic and no desire to improve

Reviewed on 2021/03/24

I thought it was going to solve problems, but it created a lot of new problems. We are actively looking for an alternative, but there are very few booking systems that do what we need.

Pros

The ability for clients to book and choose whether to pay now, or pay via invoice was the reason we chose Bookeo, alongside the Xero integration

Cons

You can only send a booking confirmation to ONE person - not a team of people. It doesn't integrate well with Zoom. It doesn't allow you to see what was sent to a customer. The support team are not remotely interested in raising improvement requests for their software. Support is average at best.

Response from Bookeo

Hi Christine,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I read all the support requests you sent us and the timely replies from our support team. Please note that:

- Bookeo sends the booking confirmation email only to the customer making the booking and not to all the participants. This feature works in a similar way for all the other booking systems. However, please note that you can use our API to send a booking confirmation email to participants. Unlike other booking systems, we do not charge additional fees to use the API.

- The Zoom integration has successfully been used by many customers during the Covid-19 pandemic. It seems that you would like to send a Zoom link for non-confirmed bookings. As our technicians explained, the zoom link is only sent once the booking is confirmed. Again, this feature works in a similar way for all the other booking systems.

Becky G.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Appalling customer support

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Generally good functionality and possibly the best for our purposes, but poor user experience with terrible mobile optimisation. And absolutely horrific customer service. I can't stress the latter enough, and it makes me feel very uncomfortable about dealing with them long term.

Pros

There is plenty of functionality that is helpful when managing a small outdoor adventure company. The ability to list different events, with promotional pricing, and individual messaging etc, is very much appreciated. It's easy to integrate with our Squarespace site, too.

Cons

The main thing that I dislike about Bookeo is their appalling customer service. We are currently in the middle of a situation whereby Bookeo keeps making repeated calls on two of our customers' bank accounts, filing 172 payments in one instance, before the customer was alerted to the fact she had no money left and put a block on her account. Even though this was clearly a business critical issue, I am still (four days later) failing to get any coherent response from Bookeo as to whether the problem has been isolated, and whether a fix has been applied. I have also failed to speak to anyone over the phone, and only receive piecemeal emails from people who are clearly in a different timezone, who are always new to the situation with no prior knowledge of what has come before. The other major 'con' of the software is that is very poorly optimised for mobile interfaces.

Response from Bookeo

Hi Becky, I am sorry to read that you had a bad experience with our customer support. We strive to provide the best customer support to our customers. I reviewed the email thread and our high-level technicians explained to you that the issue was due to a network error, which was later fixed. Also, they explained that the issue only affected your account and no other accounts. I see that you did reply to the email with the explanation, so I believe you have received our answer.

We look forward to working with you in the years to come.

Regards

Jennifer N.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Excellent product and the customer service is spot on! Hats off to all the staff!

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

For one affordable monthly fee our customers are able to book easily, and we receive the demographic information that we specifically selected and need in order to run our business better.

Pros

It is easy to use, once you get the hang of it. The reporting feature is invaluable to our business and our forcasting. I love the seamless integration with our website.

Cons

I would like to see a product that has more of the features that escape room owners need, and a bit of a better look on our website integration.

Response from Bookeo

Thank you for the great review, Jennifer! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we¿re happy to hear we hit the mark for you. We value and appreciate receiving our customers¿ feedback and suggestions in order to improve Bookeo. Please send your feature requests to [email protected]

Andrea A.

Happy customer for more than the 6 years

Reviewed on 2019/10/20

Pros

We are super happy and satisfied with Bookeo and we believe we won't stop using it.
Super easy to use, customize, reliable and affordable!

Cons

The only thing we would change is reducing the booking numbers from 14 digits to at least 10 digits.

Response from Bookeo

Thanks for the great review! We're always very excited to hear client feedback and appreciate you taking the time to leave yours.

Do not hesitate to reach out if you need help!

Tammi N.
  • Industry: Entertainment

A simple, but effective booking software

Reviewed on 2019/01/07

It was great and I loved it

Pros

I loved that the software was great at tracking changes made to bookings and seats

Cons

It lacked functionality on a more sophisticated level, such as guests being able to edit their bookings on their end without representative help.

Response from Bookeo

Tammy, thank you so much for the detailed review!

Bookeo already offers a feature that allows your customers to change their bookings online. I will ask one of our technicians to reach out to you to explain how to enable this feature in your account.

Easy-ish to use Booking Software with limited features

Reviewed on 2020/09/28

While I respect the simplicity of Bookeo, it simply hasn't caught up with the times in terms of booking software. It's been the primary booking software for a lot of different industries for a number of years, but new competitors are prettier, more user friendly (on both customer and client side), and have more advanced features.

Pros

In terms of booking software, Bookeo is one of the most versatile and easy to understand. There is a bit of a learning curve but after that it's pretty simple. Bookeo is also pretty inexpensive.

Cons

I'm going to be real. Bookeo is really ugly. The interface looks like it was made in the '90s and hasn't been updated. It has pretty limited functionality even though you can use it for pretty much any booking service. Just dont expect too many options.

Response from Bookeo

Thank you for your feedback. From your review, it seems that you like how Bookeo is versatile and easy to understand. I am not sure which Bookeo product you are using and which features you require. Please send a support request to [email protected] detailing the features you require for your business. We'd be more than happy to help.

Gail S.

I use Bookeo for trail ride bookings for my horse riding tours

Reviewed on 2018/06/25

It saves me a great deal of time making bookings, as customers can do this themselves. Having a payment facility is great as I have a lot fewer "no shows" as patrons have paid for the experience in advance. My customers like it because they don't have to wait for me to answer an email or return a phone call.

Pros

This is my first experience using a booking system for my horse riding business. The customer support is first class. My questions are answered promptly, fully, professionally and I have never been made to feel that I am asking the obvious although I think that has often been the case.

Cons

I have just started using the software, and have not found anything to dislike so far. As this is my first experience with booking software, I have nothing to compare it with.

Response from Bookeo

Hi Gail, thank you for the great review! It's always been a pleasure working with you. If there's ever anything we can help with, please don't hesitate to reach out! We're always available.

Michael B.

Bookeo - A seriously amazing business appointment application!

Reviewed on 2016/03/10

I don't usually get excited or spend the time to write reviews of products. Generally software and or IT doesn't excite me however Bookeo is one exception.

I spent months researching appointment software for my clinic but most products were hard to use on the back end (not intuitive) and or confusing to clients on the front end. Secondly, most other appointment apps are not seamless and its obvious to the end user that the appointment app is on another website.

And then I found the Bookeo application.....its amazing, it looks like its part of your website, its easy to integrate if you have just basic web building skills and the back up/support service is incredible. The back end is intuitive and easy to understand and the marketing and social media promotions functions are terrific. I'm still finding other incredible functions within its management console many months later.

I could go on and on but I wont bore you...but if you need an appointment app then Bookeo is your solution. You wont be disappointed.

Response from Bookeo

Hi Michael,

Thank you for this great review! We are glad that you like Bookeo's seamless website integration and all the features that Bookeo offers.

Our awesome Support Team is always happy to help you out, so please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!

Brennan S.

Great service, backed by great service.

Reviewed on 2017/05/17

Pros

Flexible, intuitive, and useful. Their support staff is prompt and helpful, with incredible service.

Cons

Occasional need to write the support team, due to various intricacies (for example, certain activities that get booked have to be categorized in certain ways in order for the software to understand how to act).

Response from Bookeo

Hi Brennan,

thank you for your great review. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need assitance. Our team are always happy to help with any of your queries.

Regards
Sarah

Christian F.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

I have had only a small amount of trouble, and anytime I think I am stuck Customer Support...

Reviewed on 2017/03/13

I love Bookeo Customer Support. They have fixed everything I have had trouble with, they do it quickly and in a friendly manner. They are unbelievably helpful.

Pros

Response from Bookeo

Thank you for this great review Christian!
Please let us know if we can ever help with anything. We're always here! Alice

Devon S.
  • Industry: Sports
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Used bookeo since 2013

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Pros

Ease of use. The calendar access is very simple. The price is competitive. They are always upgraded their software.

Cons

Looks a little outdated, could use some polish to modernize the user interface for customers.

Response from Bookeo

Davon, thanks for the great review! We appreciate the feedback. It's always been a pleasure working with you. If there's ever anything we can help with, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Ali H.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Manage Your Small Business Tours

Reviewed on 2019/06/06

Pros

Online Customer Support, Easy setup, and reasonable(cheap) cost are its main features.

Cons

Its design should be improved as its dashboard is not of top quality.

Response from Bookeo

Thanks for the great review, Ali! We're always very excited to hear client feedback and appreciate you taking the time to leave yours.

If there's ever anything we can help with, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Kejuiana J.

very good sheduling system

Reviewed on 2017/08/17

Pros

easy to navigate. easy to implement. sends automatic appointment notifications and reminders. help desk is very responsive

Cons

could use more features like ability to set up group meetings
setting up cancellation policy is confusing

Tami O.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Decent software that could offer more features

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

Overall it’s fairly good software, but there is always room for improvement.

Pros

This software has several options that can benefit our industry (escape rooms) such as offering multiple booking options.

Cons

We have some unique situations that could use some more options for booking purposes such as applying promos to only certain groups of people.

Response from Bookeo

Hi Tami,

thank you for taking the time to write this review about Bookeo and how it can benefit escape rooms. We also appreciate you choosing Bookeo not only for its features, but also for its pricing model. Unlike some of our competitors, Bookeo does not charge fees to your customers. We only charge a low monthly fee.

If you have any questions or need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Stephanie A.

Bookeo is a Great Software!

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

I used Bookeo for a long time, and it was a great value for the money. I just outgrew the software, and needed something with more functionality.

Pros

This is a simple to use software, with no frills. It is perfect for a single or small business that doesn't need too many extras. Bonus -- add ons can be scheduled by the client, which is not the case for most software.

Cons

No membership function, and I'm not a huge fan of the way their text reminder service works.

Response from Bookeo

Hi Stephanie,

thank you for your review. Bookeo does offer a membership function. One of our technicians will reach out to you to explain how to set it up in your account.

Rod V.

We are a medical facility and Bookeo is by far the most versatile solution for running an...

Reviewed on 2017/11/09

Everything under the Sun - and it always WORKS!

Pros

Where do I start?! The widgets you can embed into your own website are seamless and professional. The client experience is swift and clean. The follow-up and feedback mechanisms are top notch. The versatility in services offered, ability to describe and augment each service with special notices are unmatched. Pricing scenarios are so well thought out that you can have any type of situation and Bookeo has a solution to accommodate! When you match all of that with unbelievable Marketing choices such as; Gift Vouchers, Pre-Paid Packages, Promotion Codes (I could write an essay on this one alone) Marketing Campaigns, Re-Marketing (are you kidding me - nice!), MEMBERSHIPS including recurring billing, Customer Area, Reports, Email Marketing, Export reports, VIRAL Marketing with Social Media... I mean.. I'm out of breath and there is more... much much more!

Cons

I can't REALLY call this a 'Con', it's more the nature of the beast. It can take some getting used to knowing how to set this up. Having said that - it takes a LOT more from our past experiences to set things up and the main difference is that, in the past - we would spend tons of time getting the system set up and THEN... it wouldn't work properly. THEN - we had days and weeks of patient records that were all messed up and... well, what a nightmare! With Bookeo - there is a lot, that's true. The help files are indeed accurate and helpful - and the best thing is that when I did write into Customer Service, they were right on top of it and sent me the exact solution I needed usually within 24 hours if not sooner. We have been on and off again with Bookeo over the past few years (maybe 4 or 5?) and each time we leave thinking there is a better solution that just showed up..we end up right back here. If it ain't broke - don't fix it and in our experience, Bookeo is the ONLY one who is not only un-matchable in what they provide... but they aren't broken either! Bookeo is the best and I ain't going nowhere else ever again!

Response from Bookeo

Hi Rod,

Thank you for the totally awesome review!
So happy you are pleased with Bookeo and our support.

Kelly B.

In love with Bookeo

Reviewed on 2016/04/03

THANK YOU BOOKEO!! After over 5 months of searching for a registration system, we finally found exactly what we needed with Bookeo.

This system is easy to use for both the end user as well as administrators. The demo is seamless and allows for testing of all features ~ in fact the demo for the end user was so good that I signed up for a paid account before I even saw the admin side or spoke with anyone at Bookeo. It's that good. Once I got into the admin screens to begin setting up my system ~ I knew this was the system I had been searching for.

Bookeo was the only product out there that had everything we were looking for in a registration system: flexibility in class scheduling, ease of use for the student, mobile-responsive, gift cards, multi pass packages, promotions, Mail Chimp integration, Stripe integration, and more - it just does absolutely everything we need! And the setup was so intuitive!! There was no waiting to meet with a "trainer" to begin setup, it's just so easy. All you have to do is know how to read.

One of the BEST things about Bookeo is their customer service. I had many questions in our unique setup, and they answered every one of them within about an hour or less, and they answered them with actual answers that helped me accomplish what I needed to do. They solved everything I threw at them, expect for one minor thing. I cannot say enough good things about them.

Oh! And their pricing is perfectly affordable. No hidden or extra costs, just one monthly fee based on a generous tier of registrations each month.

Our students love it too. They love that it's so quick and easy to register for classes!

And finally, I loved that I didn't have to wait to speak with anyone to get set up and begin using this brilliant product.

Stop looking, get Bookeo.

Response from Bookeo

Hi Kelly,

thank you for the awesome review!!
We are so happy that you love Bookeo, all its great features and the Technical Support!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us -anytime.

Sharni V.

Does the job, but could it do better

Reviewed on 2017/07/13

If you book any kind of classes, this software does the job.

Pros

Manages multiple teachers and rooms/resources.
Mostly easy to use
Accessible from anywhere
Can integrate into any site
Takes payment for you.

Cons

Would be good to have a calendar format. You cant show the public the google calendar as it shows private info.
I have had this software for over 5 years, and only seen one or two improvements. There are features it could do with but they do not seem to be working on it. Given that it is a subscription model, one would expect the software to be improved upon regularity.
Back end could be friendlier. Not as mobile friendly as it could be. Takes a bit to teach staff how to find classes and create bookings in store.

Charley H.

Fantastic software and customer service, highly recommend

Reviewed on 2020/01/08

Easy set up that has helped streamline our bookings processes from start to finish.

Pros

Ability for so many options for classes/courses
Customer details stored in one place, easily email attendees from a course
Additional features constantly being rolled out
Amazing customer service

Cons

took a while to set up but ALL bookings software take a while if you want to fully customise everything.

Response from Bookeo

Hi Charley, we are so glad to hear that Bookeo has helped streamline your booking processes!

Thank you for taking the time to leave such an amazing review. If there's ever anything we can help with, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Daniel M.
  • Industry: Events Services

Just a huge thank you to Bookeo! We have been with you since 2012 and have been nothing but...

Reviewed on 2017/10/19

Business has increased. Bookings come in at all hours of the day. No need to man phones 24/7.

Pros

Price is right. Easy to use. They are always updating and listening to their customers. Easy integration. My customers love using Bookeo to book their tour with my charter company. Zero complaints!

Response from Bookeo

Hi Daniel, Thank you for the review! Happy to see you are enjoying the software and that it has helped you increase your sales.

Brittany K.

Complete lack of accountability, any attempt to contact this company is met with only...

Reviewed on 2018/05/28

Cons

A determine 3 years of being a loyal customer, I ask one question that they have no answer to! When confronted, I was threatened to have my account deleted rather than receiving the customer support I originally asked for regarding gift vouchers

Response from Bookeo

Hi Brittany,

I am sorry to read that you had a bad experience with our customer support. I checked the email thread and saw that you did report an issue with gift vouchers, but repeatedly refused to provide any details. You also used some abusive language towards our customer support agents.

Our technical support team answered promptly to your emails and asked multiple times to please provide more information about the issue. You refused to do this every time. They checked the gift voucher settings, and even tried to redeem a voucher. Everything seemed to be working correctly. And some vouchers had already been redeemed by your customers.

After many emails, you finally provided details of the issue, and our customer support team was able to identify that an incorrect gift certificate customization had been applied.

If customers provide details about an issue, or answer to the questions we ask, we can timely solve the problem they are experiencing.

Theodore P.

Bookeo is BookSmart

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

Overall, the experience that I had, I can say that I liked very much the ability to customize the way your screen looks. It gives you a lot of options. You can choose how you want to have the customer see when he logs on. They also let you make use of the common day technology, such as sending text alerts and also email, etc.

Pros

Bookeo Software makes a suite of programs used for the purpose of managing and organizing reservations online with idea of eCommerce. The programs are Bookeo: Appointments, Classes and Courses and Activities. All these programs are easy to install and for the most part easy to use.

Cons

The only thing that I can say is the sometimes it can be a little cumbersome in finding things. There seems to be a screen calculated spacing limit of items on the screen. What it does is put things that are outside that limit on another screen. which will appear on another tab. Now it keeps good organization of this. If you have a lot of activity going on, you may end up with a few tabs to go through to find what you need.

Response from Bookeo

Theodore, thanks for the detailed review! We're always very excited to hear client feedback and appreciate you taking the time to leave yours.

Adam G.

Excellent so far!

Reviewed on 2018/07/04

Pros

Brilliant and easy to use interface, if not slightly outdated. It does what it should and is easy to use!
Great detail to personal touches
Great detail to modifications and customer information requirements.
EXCELLENT and fast customer service!

Cons

Just a little of an old interface perhaps, but nothing to worry about. Really impressive. The money might make some balk at first, but, not even a splash in the ocean for what the site offers me and lets me receive back in return.

Response from Bookeo

Hi Adam,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a great review! We really appreciate your feedback.

If there's ever anything you need in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Orsi S.

The most complex booking system that exists

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

A great booking system for a decent price.

Pros

Prove me wrong, but I haven't found a booking system that has more features than Bookeo. Their customer support is wonderful which helps when you try to set up your account at first, as it can be quite hard.

Cons

The design is not their best quality, it's a bit too plain but as you can upload your own CSS it's manageable.

Response from Bookeo

Thanks for the review, Orsi! We're always very excited to hear client feedback and appreciate you taking the time to leave yours. Bookeo is a flexible and feature-rich product, and we strive to keep it simple to set up and use. If there's ever anything we can help with, please don't hesitate to reach out!