Servant Keeper Reviews

Servant Keeper

On cloud or On Premise - complete church management software

4.7/5 (530 reviews)
Vicki W.

SK 8 is by far the best database for churches of the many I've used.

Reviewed on 2017/09/19

The ability to track information about our members, attendees, and visitors. Reports that help us track a myriad of things about our congregation so we can better serve them, each other, our community, and our finances along with protecting our children with accurate and detailed background checks. The online directory helps our people to connect with each other easily, update information at their convenience and is secure with individual login. Our treasurer loves the ease of using the contribution section of this software and the reports generated. Just the ability to customize the software for my particular needs and the fact it is a true Windows program that allows you to copy, cut and paste plus update new information for a family with one click is worth its purchase. Many databases don't do that.

Pros

It is user-friendly, customizable, and readily accessible from any computer. The cloud based version of SK8 has features like the Greet and Attend for taking attendance at any event and the information goes into the database. It has an online directory that can be accessed by the church and members can update their profile changes themselves. The online directory will upload any JPEG picture such as selfie taken by the member which is great as it gives insight into each person and their family. They have a great background check program. I could go on and on. It has made my service to my church so much easier. One of the other important features is the Help Desk. These dedicated individuals are efficient, courtesy, informative, and endlessly patient. And they all speak understandable English. The company is also very responsive to suggestions for improvement. Many of the suggestions I heard at training sessions have been implemented in subsequent versions since I began using SK6. I highly recommend this software to every church staff member I talk to and those who don't use it are really missing out.

Cons

Only that it isn't free. I can't really think of any other reason. I know free isn't possible so, like Mary Poppins, it's "practically perfect."

Response from Servant PC Resources

Wow Vicki thank you for your many kind words and for taking the time to post this extensive review! It's a joy and honor to serve Compass Bible Church! - the Servant Keeper Team

Liz E.

Servant Keeper 8 is an amazing tool for ministry! It helps you to keep up with your church family.

Reviewed on 2017/05/19

Pros

I like the groups keeper the most! I like being able to create a group of the particular members I need to reach for our newsletter, prayer chain, small groups, worship, etc. I can create a group of members and run an array of member and contribution reports for use by the church staff, volunteers, committee and session members.

We are now on the Cloud, which allows us to use the Mobile Ministry and Greet and Attend apps, as well as the New Online Office! The Online Office is extremely helpful. It allows me the capability to update or add member information from my cell phone or tablet, and that information goes right into the Servant Keeper 8 program. When I am at a small group, class or just bump into someone I haven't seen in a while, I can get my phone out and update their contact information right there. Our members have access to the online directory, they can view their contributions and update a lot of their information on the Online Office.

Volunteers and staff can have access to the program from their own computers, so, now they can volunteer to do things at a time that's convenient for them, from wherever it's convenient for them. "Many hands make light work."

We can give users and members access to different areas of Servant Keeper based upon their needs.

Servant Keeper 8 integrates with several other programs that we use, like QuickBooks. It has also introduced us to other programs that are available like MailChimp, EventBrite and Vanco.

Response from Servant PC Resources

Thanks Liz, it's a joy to serve your ministry and we're so glad you are getting so much out of the system! The integrations you mention are pretty awesome and definitely work checking out. Mailchimp is a great tool for an automated visitor follow-up campaign and Vanco has the best online giving platform for churches! Thanks for using Servant Keeper!

Douglas L.

Servant Keeper - The First Three Weeks

Reviewed on 2017/02/09

The migration to Servant Keeper from another software management program has exceeded all expectations. We migrated our data files over on a Friday morning and the staff was entering the Sunday offerings the following Monday morning without any issues or concerns. Our time to post the offerings and prepare the deposit documents was reduced by over 40%. By the end of the third week of use, the VANCO Payment Systems software were linked to the Servant Keeper program, and the Servant Keeper software was totally integrated into the QuickBooks Premier Edition 2017 Non-Profit software. The Importing and Exporting of the data between the three (3) programs has exceeded our expectations.
By the end of the first month the Finance Committee received at their monthly meeting, in addition to their standard financial reports, additional reports generated from the vast number of report options available from the Servant Keeper Report Manager. (We discovered that the Report Manager was so powerful that we could within 60 seconds not only could we select the Reports menu, the Report Manager, and the Criteria for the report, the report was displayed on the screen and the printing was usually completed in less than 50 seconds.)
The Membership module has also exceeded all expectations. By the end of the first week our Pastor's smartphone was programmed to access the Church's Servant Keeper data base and within hours it was put into use as well. Our former management program had limited information about our members and we are taking advantage of the vast number of data fields to gather and enter the information. We will be launching later this year the option to make it possible for members to access the member portal that will be added to our website. This will benefit both our members and our staff to update and maintain the family records.
There is no doubt that Servant Keeper software is a very powerful, but easy to use, management program. In the business environment of which I was involved in the design and implementation of software programs such as Servant Keeper would be rated in the top 10% without a doubt. There is no doubt that a software program of this caliber would be significantly more expensive to acquire and administer. If a staff member has a reasonable working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet programs, they can replicate the experience we have had and the support that has been provided to us from Servant Keeper.

Pros

Easy of navigation, yet extremely comprehensive in depth.

Cons

I have not found enough differences to justify both speed tasks and a regular task bar. I also found the User Manual (Contributions especially) in need of reprint. Many index pages are of by two (2) and the user needs to add 2 to most page numbers.
The author makes some assumptions about the reader: 1. That they have a working knowledge of the entire system when reading about a specific task, 2. There are words or topics missing in the index which makes it difficult to navigate through the book.

Response from Servant PC Resources

Thank you Douglas! It's very kind of you to take the time to post this review. I think it will be helpful for many. We are honored to serve your ministry.

Susan H.

We recently upgraded to SK 8 with our database on the Cloud. Technical Support was awesome!

Reviewed on 2017/08/31

Pros

We have used the SK Contributions module for many years and it has worked extremely well. I especially like, that if we make the occasional data entry error, it is a straightforward process to make corrections. Three of our volunteers attended a SK training session last spring and we were impressed with the membership module. We could immediately see how we could use membership features to support many of our ministries. The ease of customizing our database with our own names for various fields is great. The Groups Keeper is an awesome tool and we foresee using it extensively. Although we are still learning the SK Writer functions, we can already see that in conjunction with the Groups Keeper, we will be able to personalize letters, emails, campaigns, etc. Perhaps the most appreciated feature of SK8 is that it resides on the Cloud. This enables all of us to work from home, which is a huge plus for our organization, which is 100% volunteers, except for our minister. Also, we appreciate that our data is backed up daily automatically.

Cons

There is so much functionality it is easy to "use it or lose it". This says more about us than the software!

Response from Servant PC Resources

Hi Susan, thank you so much for your kind words and your thorough 5-star review! It's a joy and privilege to serve your ministry! - the Servant Keeper Team

Scott M.

Investing in the Helpdesk saved me as a customer with Servant Keeper

Reviewed on 2018/01/25

Pros

I love how much time it saves me. Highly proficient. Love the Help Desk department!. They are quickly becoming my 2nd family.

Cons

Cannot purchase without Helpdesk. I was a little taken back at first by the fact that the we invested into servant keeper and when we needed training on the program we were told that we needed to pay more money to learn how to use the software.

Response from Servant PC Resources

Hi Scott! Thanks for using Servant Keeper and we're glad you're taking advantage of the HelpDesk. Many companies outsource their HelpDesk so that they can offer "free" support. Many times when you call for help with one of those companies you feel like you know more than their support department. That's the nature of "free" support, unfortunately. At ServantPC we don't outsource our support. Our HelpDesk agents work in the same building as the rest of us. Then there are some other companies simply raise their monthly prices to build in the cost of support. In order to keep our prices down (starting at 9.99/mo!) a HelpDesk subscription with Servant Keeper is always optional. Also, there is help built into the system and lots of ways to get free assistance, but we have worked hard to develop a pricing model that makes high quality support available. thank you and it's an honor to serve your ministry! - the Servant Keeper Team

Albert F.

Servant Keeper gets across the board. Their salesman,

Reviewed on 2018/01/08

Online directory for church membership.
Saved many man days of work recording and tabulating contribution statements to the membership.
Opens door to online communication to church membership.'
Allows membership to review their giving statements at any time online.

Pros

We formed a committee to review electronic giving in early November. In this process we learned that our church had purchased SK, but had not implemented it.

After reviewing the benefits of SK we decided we should first implement SK before moving into electronic giving. We tested SK live for over a month to confirm that it work for us. Prior to SK we used PowerChurch Plus for membership records and manually recorded all of contribution records by hand on paper ledgers.

The conversion from PCP went very well using the SK provided tool for data conversion. In this process we moved 525 families with 1149 members to SK from PCP in a manner of minutes.

The SK salesman met with us almost daily over the phone to answer our questions when we were in the month long evaluation. He answered both functional and technical questions as we tested the functionality.

At this point we have implemented the membership and contributions modules from SK. We are planning to implement the Directory next and then get into email ' text communication in the Church membership.

The guys entering the contributions especially enjoyed doing the "Ka-Ching" feature that sounded every time they entered a contribution. Overall at this time we are very happy with SK and the service they have provided as we implemented the software. We decided to implement the "cloud" version of the software and it works as fast as the local version which we used in testing.

Cons

We wish that all of the features were rolled up in the cost for the cloud version.

Other than that there everything has worked as advertised.

Response from Servant PC Resources

Hi Albert, very kind of you to leave a very detailed and glowing review of Servant Keeper. It's an honor to serve your ministry and we are so glad that SK is a blessing for you! - the Servant Keeper Team

G. G.

A different perspective ' an IT Services Professional's view of SK

Reviewed on 2015/02/24

As an IT Services professional for over three decades, I am engaged daily, sometimes for hours on end, with software products, services, and helpdesks around the world.

Over the years, I have observed great software looses its greatness if the helpdesk and support team do not provide the same level of great support.

Sometimes made bearable with a good helpdesk and support. Tolerable with live, call-in, voice support instead of chat and email support. Quite serviceable if the helpdesk knows the software inside out.

Equally important is, if the helpdesk clearly understands the short-term and long-term purpose and goals of why the software was developed. A combination darn hard to find today.

To be really great software, the helpdesk must be equally great. That is not done by the helpdesk following a Script of (many times) unrelated checkpoints and disjointed steps.

I am not the "end-user" of SK. For my clients, my task as a contract IT professional, is to install, and locally support SK through all phases of it lifecycle. Of course, the client also has the ability to call SK directly. On the more technical, cumbersome or time consuming challenges, I am typically asked to do the "heavy-lifting" with the SK helpdesk.

Over the past 6 years, with every single instance, I have experienced a very high quality level of support. Some of the very best service have experienced, and I deal continually with a lot of helpdesks around the world.

How I rate SK (01, lowest to 10, highest points)

Service:
10 pts. Purpose Driven
10 pts. Mission Driven
09 pts. Down-right pleasant and personable - the right amount just to let you know it is "Person-to-Person", NOT "Script-Reader to User".
09 pts. Professional
09 pts. Knowledgeable - I am continually surprised at the depth the helpdesk folks know their product.
42 pts. Truthful - If they didn't know the answer at the time, there was no bluffing, no wasting time. Simply, "I don't know, but will find the answer or a staff person (supervisor or engineer) - and I will get back to you by (target time/date). 100%, without fail.

Oh, did I miss mentioning the software. Absolutely, 9.999 Points. (Of course it's not perfect)

I have SK installations in a very large congregation (1000+) and in smaller congregations (under 250). All of my users have found SK and the Helpdesk Subscription extremely Cost Effective.

ROI on all of this? In this case, Eternal - Priceless.

Jeff O.

Servant Keeper is a great product for the price.

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Pros

The price verses quality is exceptional. Servant keeper is easy to use, and does a great job at tracking church membership. All the new features that have come out have made it very competitive with other companies. I especially like the add on of background checks and registration.

Cons

I am not a fan of how expensive the cloud/ mobile versions are. This is a great feature that many churches could not afford. We had to pick a few staff members to receive the app, and others had to use the traditional site.
I also wish each member could establish their own profile.

Response from Servant PC Resources

Hi Jeff, first thanks for using Servant Keeper and for recommending it to other churches. Second, I think you may not know that all of your users can use the mobile and web apps as well as the desktop apps and you can use it on unlimited devices and computers for no additional charge. Also, please know that all of your members can manage their own profiles online at no additional charge to you. - thanks! the Servant Keeper Team

Andre L.

SK7 Upgrade - be careful!

Reviewed on 2014/01/22

We have used SK6 for a number of years at our church and have been very satisfied with it. My wife is treasurer at our church and at another church where she has been frustrated by their existing, 'clunky' system. Based on her experience with SK6 at our church, she persuaded them to buy SK7. One of the most useful features for entering contributions in SK6 was the ability to scan checks which prefilled the contributors details and helped ensure correct allocation. This feature has not been retained in SK7. Instead it has been replaced by a new feature which utilizes a service with TransModus which allows checks to be scanned and deposited directly into your bank account. However, this service costs $200-$300 per month which is too expensive for smaller churches with tight budgets. It would have made a lot more sense for them to have retained the old option in SK7 in addition to the new option. I can see that the new option could be useful for bigger churches with more substantial budgets. I just cannot understand why the existing users should now be adversely impacted by having the simple check scanning functionality removed.
I spoke to a SK sales rep who seemed to be at sea about why the functionality had been removed. I also did not get the feeling the he was particularly interested in communicating our frustration up the chain of command.

Response from Servant PC Resources

Andre,

First, thank you for using Servant Keeper and for recommending it to others. I'm glad it has served you so well!

We have indeed brought back desktop check scanning for V7. The decision was made based on emerging technology that replaced the basic scanners.

One correction is that the TransModus feature you mention is billed a few cents per check, not several hundred dollars per month. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. The benefit of the Transmodus check scanner is that it accomplishes the remote deposit, and can scan up to 90 checks at a time.

The other thing many churches requested is online giving that integrates with Servant Keeper, thus eliminating double entry. Not only do we offer that now, but we are able to provide that at a significantly less cost than the other online giving options. Donors can give by credit, debit, or check account, according to the church's preference.

Please contact us if you would like to discuss further.

Faith S.

Best Church Software for the price!

Reviewed on 2017/01/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We are a small church (about 100 attendees) and recently purchased ServantKeeper as our first church management software. I'm pretty confident that this will also be our LAST church software because we bought the lifetime license and we love the program!
I (the church secretary) have used several different database management systems in past jobs, so I knew I wanted church software with a detailed database, member groups, family connections, and ease of updating/sorting. ServantKeeper is all of those!

Pros

When I add new people to the database, it automatically forms a family unit (with that person as the head), and it is so easy to add spouse/children directly from that family--which means I don't have to type the address/phone/anniversary/membership status multiple times. This is NOT the case with most other software I tested.
Every person can be added to groups or Sunday School classes, have attendance and contributions tracked, and can even have skills or volunteer areas added to their profile. It's very customizable, so this should be helpful for any organization.

Cons

The only downside for us is the formatting of the reports. There are a lot of reports available (i.e. family profile, directory pages, attendance) and they are customizable, but you can't change the formatting (font size, layout, etc.). Obviously, this isn't a huge deal, because the reports are still helpful--that's just the one thing I would change.

Vicki R.

Church record keeping at your finger tips

Reviewed on 2012/10/19

Servant Keeper is a great asset to our church record keeping & daily needs of managing our congregation.

The financial portion of the program is easy to use. You won't need an accountant to make entries & run a vast array of easy to read reports. Accountants will find the complete information they need as well.

The membership manager can maintain a wealth of knowledge about members & visitors. Easy to add & maintain. Reports are simple & can be customized for your specific needs.

Overall, the screens are easy to read, progress in logical fashion & allow even users with basic computer knowledge to be successful & not overwhelmed. More experiences users can customize, optimize & utilize the software is countless ways to suit their needs.

Customer service is friendly, quick access for help & well trained.

Our 3 year history with Servant Keeper has been positive & extremely beneficial to our church. I highly recommend this software for any size congregation.

Pros

Simple to use. Entry screens are basic and easy to follow. Entry errors are easy to correct. Easy to add new people and catagories while making entries.

Members like how detailed yet simple their giving statements are. Clear format for easy understanding. Multiple options are available for statements to customize to your needs for that moment.

Reports are easy to read in ways that are simple for councils and chairpersons to review quickly and without additional training.

History is quickly accessed and can be used to create an abundance of reports for budgets and church needs.

Webinars are informative and helpful. Don't skip them if at all possible. They open new ways of using the software.

Cons

Pledges can only be tracked per person, not by family, on critical reports. There are ways to work around this by entering the spouse with a zero pledge, but doesn't not quite correct the whole problem there. Not enough con to outweigh all the positive pros though.

Sandra N.

My Servant Keeper Experience

Reviewed on 2019/01/26

Any problems that I may come up with, there is always the Help Desk that will work with me to help me solve my problems.

Pros

I have been working with Servant Keeper for about 2 1/2 to 3 years. It has been a user friendly experience and the daily routine of data submission really helps to perform the end - of - year statements in an easy accessible manner. I have taken part in the online training for statement distribution and find it to be a very helpful tool. Also to mention that the Help Desk experience has been amazing with friendly and knowledgeable people with patience and courtesy.

Cons

As of now, there is nothing that I do not like about this software. The longer you work with it, the more you find that it is a fantastic aid in the tracking and maintaining of information for your church.

Vicki W.

Great program!

Reviewed on 2019/03/21

I used several different programs before I found Servant Keeper and none of them were as easy to use and contained the information the church needed like this one. Servant Keeper also allows me to customize it to fit my needs. The company is very good at taking suggestions for improvement and I often find the changes in new upgrades. The staff is wonderful to work with and readily solves problems. I recommend this program to every church secretary I meet. There is nothing else on the market that provides the needed information for my church. The price is fair and I highly recommend having their help desk contract. It is worth it.

Pros

Ease of use, adaptability for my needs, the reports available, ease of emailing contribution statements, tracking information, great customer service and help desk, and more.

Cons

Not compatible with PayPal for online giving but that is a very minor thing.

Bob W.

I enthusiastically and without qualification recommend SK 7.

Reviewed on 2015/06/11

After working with the demo a few weeks and after several phone calls to Sales Rep Bernadette Reynolds, we purchased a 3 seat Starter Bundle with SK Hosting 3 weeks ago. Later, we bought an additional set of manuals and ClipBook for SK. Total investment to date is about $1200 for our 200 family, 400 individual congregation. While less expensive choices are available, I think this is about the minimum setup and cost for a church our size. The Import Tool is a must for porting member data. I wish I had taken more time organizing member talents and interests as it's time consuming to add this info after import. There's no mechanism to change fields on a group of members by importing a batch file; it must be done manually inside SK. Help from the Menu Bar doesn't work if you're using the current version of Adobe AIR (17.0.0.172 but it does work with older versions). If SK is open and it loses focus or your computer goes to sleep for a while, SK thinks the internet connection has been lost. I've had to either shut down SK with Task Manager and/or reboot to get things back to normal. While I focus on getting everything set up, several others are working through the very useful online tutorials and videos. User Manuals are very, very good as is the Help Desk. While there are some idiosyncrasies and a few things I'd do differently, it's clear a great deal of thought has gone into the design of this software and how it will be used. While I found SK intuitive and easy to use (I worked in the CAE field for 40 years), it remains to be seen how easy our 'unsophisticated' users will adapt to it. It is a very powerful piece of software that should meet your needs whether you're a church of 20 or 2000 families.

Response from Servant PC Resources

Thanks for your review Bob!
Please contact the HelpDesk so we can address the couple things you bring up. We can show you how to do global field changes for groups of people in Servant Keeper. You'll love how easy that is! There should not be a conflict with adobe air so we can make sure about that and we can also help prevent what your describing when your computer 'sleeps'.

Arthur C.

PassWord Support

Reviewed on 2018/10/25

Servant Keeper helps our church stay out of any kind of trouble. All the features are designed to help us keep pertinent records by consent, without trespassing upon anyone's privacy

Pros

It is very comprehensive and targets every aspect of church membership. It allows the church to keep accurate records of all members and their families within the program. Contributions and pledges are easily recorded, and one of the best features of the program is "it will not allow you to gloss over mistakes". This makes accounting, end of month, and yearend statements very easy to print at any time there is a need. Simply stated, it is an outstanding program for any organization that handles contributions.

Cons

The defaults are laid out in "Landscape" or Excel format. This is great for large organizations that collects all the information, and takes much time to format the way I like my reports to print.

Response from Servant PC Resources

Hello Arthur! thanks for using and recommending Servant Keeper! It's a joy to serve your ministry. Regarding the report format, you can customize the reports to be landscape or portrait. Give us a call if you don't see where to switch that. Thanks again! - the Servant Keeper Team

Lara K.

I use Servant Keeper 7 on a weekly basis or more

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

Pros

I do use a later version (7) but am considering upgrading to 8. I like the ease of printing all types of reports, and the end of year info for tax purposes.

Cons

A very awkward and dated "Help" section--hopefully solved in version 8. ALso having to re-enter your ID and password to switch between Admin, Contribution and Membership manger during the same session is a bit annoying.

Response from Servant PC Resources

Hi Lara, thanks for recommending Servant Keeper. :) Just want to let you know that we have revamped the online help center for V8. I also want to make sure you know that you do not have to log out and log back in to go to different parts of the program. Just cllck "switch to" on the bottom right of your screen and you can jump to whatever part of the program for which your user ID has security access.
Thank you for using Servant Keeper! - the Servant Keeper Team

Terrell R.

We have used SK for more than 20 years. Wouldn't be without it.

Reviewed on 2017/07/12

It serves the needs of our church for a data base and contributions system.

Pros

It is so user friendly and has many functions. I like the fact that it has a module for the data base and another for contributions.

Cons

My only complaint is the pricing arrangement for the Cloud version. I would request a mid-range price for customers who need more than 3 users but less than 10.

Response from Servant PC Resources

thank you Terrell for using Servant Keeper for so long and for your review! Thanks also for your feedback on cloud pricing. Actually for version 8 you get 30 users with level two. level 1 works out to about $10/user. A theoretical 5 user plan would be $50 but we decided to give customers an extra 25 users because it's best if they can give volunteers and teachers their own login. I hope that explains our logic. thanks again! - the Servant Keeper Team

Kenny M.

Great church software management from ServantKeeper. Great customer service.

Reviewed on 2019/01/07

We have been customers since 2001 +/-... maybe even the 90s. We use v8 and like the Cloud. We use original online giving and the Lobby Kiosk, the phone App and we plan to start using the Mail Chimp plug-in this year.

Pros

Customer service is wonderful.
We love ServatKeeper 8 - cloud based.
List management for groups and mailings.

Cons

We are an open church and we have had issues (that we have created work-arounds for) managing couples/families who do not have the same last name. It may be a couple who married and one of them did not change their name, a spouse who did hyphenate their name and one who did not or a same-sex marriage where it may be he/he or she/she. Some even have adopted children who kept their birth name.

customizable and works

Reviewed on 2019/01/04

Pros

Used this for years. Used for class lists for the children at the church. Tracked the different adult studies that the adult members attended. Able to separate the financial information from the non-financial so not all of the staff had access to the financial records (I didn't, for example). Had good experience with the support team when questions or issues arose.

Cons

Not a problem with the software. Make sure that backups are made. It has tools that allow you to change data for large groups of people, which can be very helpful. Sometimes changes needed to be undone, especially when volunteers were given access to the database. :(

Kathryn T.

Go for the Level 3 Bundle as the unlimited Help Desk is well worth it.

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

Still haven't completely enabled all aspects of the program. I had to change accounting programs at the same time we jumped into this program. What a huge difference in how much time it takes. With the white glove conversion I was able to have the attendance and contributions up and running in a few days. It will take a bit longer to get all the capabilities up and running only because I'm still working on the accounting program conversion.

Pros

The White Glove transition worked well. You do have to conform your categories, but the team helps you identify what is needed. The attendance and contributions went in smoothly once everything matched up. We were able to bring over from Logos the attendance and contributions of our database from 2012 forward.
Utilize the training videos they are very helpful. The help desk team will walk you through whatever you are having trouble with also. This software has so many parts that can be useful for a large or growing church.

Cons

Some areas are very intuitive to work with, but the report area was not. Don't waste time trying to figure it out on your own. Use the training and the help desk! You may have to wait on hold for a member of the Help Desk Team, however it is worth the wait. They walk you through whatever you are having trouble with. It becomes clear how it works and why it works that way. Now it feels intuitive.

Dr. d. robert C.

Great program, great support, no problems

Reviewed on 2017/01/27

We took a long time to make the decision to purchase Servant Keeper. We already have another church software program but Servant Keeper is much easier to use and gives us what we want.

Pros

Easy to use.
Works as advertised.
Good customer support.

Cons

Wish it had a module for Accounting. Quick Books isn't really designed for churches although that is what we use.
Wish the "Directory" portion of the Membership Module had more flexibility with regard to font size and the number of names on a page.

Response from Servant PC Resources

Dr. Robert,
Thank you for your kind review of Servant Keeper. We are so glad it is a blessing to your ministry. In regards to 'built in' accounting, at this time our surveys show that about 80-85% of churches are using Quickbooks at their accountant's request so we have felt that letting churches stay with their accounting program of choice is the best option.

Thanks again for using Servant Keeper!

Pastor marc U.

Easy to use. Always great helpdesk personnel. Always friendly and never much of a wait.

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

Church computer, pastor's computer and pastor's cell all connected in real time with cloud.

Pros

Easy to use. The cloud service puts the whole church database on my home computer as well as my cell phone. Wonderful and easy access! I can contact anyone on the fly.

Cons

I can see no negatives to purchasing and using this software. This is the second church I have pastored in which I have purchased and implemented this product. My secretary can be inputting one thing and I another. Yet, due to cloud, we both get real time updates. Easy!

Response from Servant PC Resources

Hi Pastor Mar, thank you so much for this kind review and recommendation. It's a pleasure to serve you once again at another ministry. I'm so glad you are benefiting from the cloud features and having your data anywhere you are. - thanks again for using Servant Keeper!- the Servant Keeper Team

Brook T.

Feels dated

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/01/30

This software does everything I need it to, but is far from intuitive, and is very slow. It feels like software from the early 90's, even though we upgraded to the newest version on the cloud. I actually dread looking up addresses, because it feels like it takes a long time. Additionally, setting up reports feels like wading through a swamp of choices, instead of it being more user friendly and intuitive. If we hadn't recently updated to the cloud version, in hopes of it not feeling like an old DOS program, I think I would have chosen a different software.
That said, the customer service it outstanding. The cost is reasonable. The number of features offered is more than we'll ever use.

Pros

Lot's of features.
Great customer service.

Cons

Feels dated & slow. User experience is clunky and not intuitive.

Response from Servant PC Resources

HI Brook,

thanks for taking the time to review Servant Keeper. Please contact our HelpDesk if you are having issues with speed and we can see if it is related to your internet there. It is very rare for us to get a complaint about speed. We certainly want to make sure you are getting the most out of the system.

There sure are a lot of options when you print reports because so many churches vary in what they want to include on any given report or directory. Hopefully having the options is a positive thing in the end. :)
Thanks for using SK!

3.0/10
Lori lynn L.

Always great support. I recommend to other churches when they ask.

Reviewed on 2017/11/20

Quick ways to create reports. I like the opening screen of birthday, anniversaries, etc. It's great to be able give a member a quick call and give them a greeting. People appreciate the thought and it's so easy because the program gives me the info in one quick screen shot.

Pros

User friendly!!!! And if I get in a bind I call support. They are always quick to help me figure out what is wrong. Usually it's the space between the chair and the keyboard (lol).

Response from Servant PC Resources

HI Lori! Thanks for using Servant Keeper and for posting a nice review. It's a joy to serve you. I love the reminder tool also, it keeps people from "falling through the cracks" as we like to say! :) - the Servant Keeper Team

Rhonda F.

It has helped me tremendously

Reviewed on 2017/11/16

Pros

Easy to use and I don't worry about losing my data. The help desk and representatives are great and walked me through every part of the download and install. All of my information is in one program and I can generate reports individually or in groups. It is also great for making phone books with individual information for our leadership teams. There are more things I like about this program and plan to learn much more as I go.

Cons

The only thing that frustrated me with the program was in the older version if I left the computer with program up and running after about five to ten minutes the program would freeze and I would have to exit out of the program completely and restart it.

Response from Servant PC Resources

Hi Rhonda, thanks for using Servant Keeper! It's an honor so serve your ministry and we're so glad it is a help to you. I'm glad you like the printed directories, and don't forget to take advantage of the free online directory that comes with your subscription! - the Servant Keeper Team