Amilia

Online registration & facility management software

Lindsay G.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Excellent Customer Service, Some Functionality Still Improving

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

Overall, great! As I said there are some issues in finance and reporting, but the quality of their customer service and ease of use outweighs these troubles. Plus - the development team at Amilia is constantly adding and improving upon features! I am hopeful that the troubles we have had in reporting will improve as other features have over our year of using this software.

Pros

- Great customer service! Team is always available for questions ranging from quick pokes to lengthy problems
- Easy to use; their mass edit tool has been a life saver! Overall has been easy to train staff in basic functionalities (registrations, refunds, creating activities, etc.)

Cons

- Finance & Reporting function still needs some work. Our comptroller has continued troubles with creating reports that show with total accuracy how our organization is performing. Amilia has been helpful in pointing me in the right direction, but their reports are not very customizable. What they lack in customization is the number of reports they offer; however that is not always enough.

Becca A.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Amilia

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

I do not find Amilia is a positive experience, and it was more difficult to use and I felt it slowed my productivity down. Some departments have kept using another registration software and we have suggested our entire company make the switch away from Amilia.

Pros

Amilia does collect registration information, process payments, and allows you to create a variety of programs people can register for. It accomplishes the bare minimum requirements of a registration software.

Cons

Amilia is not simple to use, not very intuitive for people to use on the front end or the backend. Even after using it for many months (after an Amilia led 4 part training session) it was still a struggle to use, nothing was simple and I always felt like it was my first time using it. It's really store based which is odd for a registration software.

Response from Amilia

We're sorry to hear about your experience with Amilia - it's definitely not the norm and we'd love to discuss some of these pain points further.
While our store may not be traditional for a registration software, the add-to-cart process is standard for all other online transactions and therefore provides a more familiar experience for your clients and participants. Our last end-user CSAT was 98% so we're confident in our approach to modernizing activity registration.
Someone from our Customer Experience team will reach out shortly to sort out the issues you've shared.

Dwayne D.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Great Software - Very valuable to any organization

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

Pros

This is an amazing software. We are using it to track registrations and transactions relating to our summer camp. This software has helped the organization throughout the summer. We are now working through the financial reporting to for the previous year.

The major reason for our organization was the ability to generate RL-24 tax slips.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve for this software. We need a few weeks to get used to all the functionalities. I would like to see some additional functions added:

1- Ability to back date transactions

Aaron B.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Bally Sports Review

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

Overall, I have been happy with using Amilia for my registration system. I really like the majority of the customer service people that have assisted me.

Pros

I like how clean and professional the store looks. I also like the capability to offer installment payment plans, early bird discounts, and tiered pricing for my camps.

Cons

Some of my logos don't fit correctly on my store. I've lost some money trying to merge a variety of discounts together that customer service was not able to find a fix for. I think the Dashboard could use some slight improvements.

Marcelle L.

Quick review

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

We are able to offer a very tailored service for our house league.

The accounting reports have improved enormeously over the last 2-3 years.

Pros

What we like the best with this software is to be able to mange our groups with different offers.

Cons

The ultimate fee to use online registration and payment on line is very expensive.

Gord P.

The People Make it Great

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

One of the best companies I have dealt with

Pros

Easy to set up
Lots of Flexibility to deal with different scenarios
Staff is accountable and fixes problems very quickly

Cons

If there is a flaw it is that team makes the platform so customizable that sometimes snags occur.

Caitlen B.
  • Industry: Sports

Just what we were looking for!

Reviewed on 2020/04/01

One of the biggest benefits of using Amilia is the different tabs. There are times we will sit in a meeting and someone will say I saw this option on [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], I think that would work great for us. So Amilia has helped streamline what we already did and jump started us into new services to provide our customers.

Pros

This product really helped us take the next step with our customers. The experience for them and us was way better than when we used other forms or software.

Cons

For an activity, parents have to sign their kids in/out on paper. The form that is given to help print out that sheet isn't what we need for our purposes and the options to change it don't quite suit what we are looking for.

Simon L.
  • Industry: Sports

Amilia is a time-saving platform with tons of features!

Reviewed on 2019/06/03

Amilia is a versatile software that is really easy to use. We could not do without it now that we adopted it!

Pros

Amilia is an all-in-one tool that is easy to setup and to use. It allows us to save valuable time from our volunteers to focus on the development of our organisation.
Other than being an online registration tool, it also manages product sales, memberships and rentals. Payments can be made online by credit card or offline by various methods. Amilia produces attendance lists, contact lists and financial reports that facilitate accounting.
Customer support responds very fast and helps to set up the different features. Amilia developer team listens to the specific needs of our organization and adapts its platform to those needs. Many suggestions we have made have been implemented.

Cons

Simplification of the checkout process would be nice, especially in admin mode.

Tyler B.

Good customer service and basic features are easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

Pros

Easy to manage all of our customers' information and keep track of payments, balances, and methods of payment. Also easy for customers to use.

Cons

Many functions that we use frequently are difficult to use and over complicate the process. For example building programs specific to our use does not have functions that would make it easy for us to do (set visible to client day/time, add remove access code automatically). Also switching students from one class to another especially from one program to another(because we were forced to make multiple programs with way software is set up) can be complicated and convolute the customers billing tab. The inability to change tax rates (native status card holders) makes billing for those customers difficult as well as ensuring I calculate our HST information when doing the books.

Dany H.
  • Industry: Sports

Perfect software with perfect service

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

Great exprience overall, and amazing costumer service. Our life is so much easier since we are with Amilia.

Pros

Easy to use, the interfaces are really user-friendly and easy to navigate, both sides of the application (client and administrator) and there's a lot of fonctionalities that fit perfectly with our needs as a cheerleading club. Also, there's plenty of useful finance reports we can easily extract.

Cons

I don't really see any "cons". Sometimes there's mini features I would like to have or things I don't know how to do, but then their costumer service is always there to answer really quick and have it figured out.

Heather M.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Frustrating

Reviewed on 2020/04/15

Pros

I like the ability to duplicate classes to make a new season. I like the idea of the tags.

Cons

For all the features, it's not as flexible as I expected. I was looking for something that would increase communication with our families, but this system made it worse. I still have teachers that have not been able to get on, so every time they need something I have to do it for them. This is more work for me.

When COVID-19 hit, I needed to email all our families at once, but there was no way to do it. It was necessary to have all our families join another platform so we could better communicate with them when all our classes went online. I will be dropping Amilia as soon as our 1-year agreement is over.

Janet M.

It has been very positive - an easy transition from our paper based system.

Reviewed on 2017/10/03

Pros

We actually love most everything. However some of the great features, that we really take advantage of are the installment options, promotions and discounts. We find everything to be very intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

There isn't a lot that we don't like, but we hear from some customers that the user experience is confusing. We would also like a few different reports and/or report options. For example, we use manual attendance and find the attendance sheets are not practical.

Remi C.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great management system for e-commerce and e-learning.

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

My experience was very positive. We felt lucky to choose Amilia.com

Pros

The system as evolved and is at maturity. It si very efficient. All scenario were well covered. There is a lot of online help and formation.

Cons

It is very difficult to think about a problem that was not quickly solved. The support tem is actively engaged on demand.

Kelley S.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great features!

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Not a bad software.... just needs more customization options that help make it your own.

Pros

Amilia had some great features when it comes to registration for my company. It made my life easier than doing everything manually.

Cons

It was not catered to my business type specifically. It was hard to explain to customer service exactly what we did, as they did not understand our business type

Jeff Y.

Amilia: Decent Product but overpriced

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

We have used Amilia for 3 seasons because of the ease of use for our members. Given the price and number of issues we are now investigating changing to a new platform.

Pros

It is very user friendly for our members

Cons

Missing key features.
Support usually do not have answers
Expensive compared to similar products

Chuck S.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Program Registration Management

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

Working with the implementation team really helped our organization jumpstart the switch to online registrations for our programs! Our questions were answered quickly which helped us meet our timeline goals.

Pros

Easy to get started, good on-boarding process, knowledgeable support staff.

Cons

It requires a moderate understanding of software implementation and business process implementation.

Marlene D.

Good tool

Reviewed on 2020/04/14

Pros

App usable by the employees. They know easily their schedule

Cons

Option of printing. Could be useful to print by option

Johanne D.

Using Amilia for our Summer camp registrations has been a very positive experience for our...

Reviewed on 2015/09/21

Registration online has never be so easy and worry free for our organisation. We started using Amilia in February this year and have increased our sales by 40%. The process for generating lists for our Animators has been very easy. We now use it for our Saturday classes and our preschool program. I strongly recommend this online registration platform!

Christine G.

Tumblers Gymnastics Recommends Amilia

Reviewed on 2015/11/10

We have just begun to use Amilia and so far we love the service. For our first experience using on-line registration it has been smooth and easy. The customer service is great and quick to respond. The service seems to always be evolving and upgrading to better suit our needs. Two thumbs up from Tumblers Gymnastics.

Lisa P.

Amilia Software review 2019

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

The CS team is AMAZING. I have never felt so supported with a product. The chat is very easy and quick and always helpful, if I need to call I can and there is also a forum of other users where if I have the time I will go and look for answers. They have a huge knowledge base that I can refer to as well.

Pros

I like how clean the pages look and how much data you can get. Anything I need is there and I can also do it from my mobile phone. It has so many capabilities. I love that I have all the control on this system to change anything I want, when I need to. Registering for a client is very easy. Refunds are very easy.

Cons

It has so many capabilities, I am still trying to learn it all. Sometimes I wish for a little more basic but I think once I get the hang of it, it will be easier. I am the only user

Keri L.

Amilia Works

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

Pros

Set up and transition in to Amilia was good - they are helpful and always available over the phone for help when you need it. I own a cheerleading gym and the product is so customizable which is exactly what I was looking for. My clients can go through the Amilia portal and select which class and time they want to register for - they know how long it lasts and can even set up a payment plan without me touching the registration.

Cons

Financial integration is not great - I wish there was a more seamless way to see your batches of bank deposits. It is also quite expensive.

Sandra C.

Amilia has made our life easier

Reviewed on 2020/04/06

The support team is amazing and has helped us through many questions as we were setting up the program. They take our suggestions seriously and follow up promptly and professionally. The program is easy to use for us in administration and for our client base.

Pros

Our members are able to access the program and make changes to their schedule easily.

Cons

I would like the calendar to show drop ins as well as sessions.

Sheldon S.

Review for Amilia

Reviewed on 2019/02/13

Overall the experience is better than other systems we have used before. We do appreciate the customer service aspect.

Pros

We really like how the customer's see the store. The point and click is easy enough to use. Once all of the little bits are set up in the back end it is easy to copy and paste and see lists and keep the systems organized.

Cons

The initial set up did take a very long time. There are a few issues with e-mails; Only 1 customer on file receives the e-mails and we would like an option for all e-mails on file to receive it. Additionally, we would like our coaches to receive an e-mail notification when someone registers into a private lesson or a class so they can keep up to date with new enrollments.

When we send out e-mails we also need that to be sent to the instructor that is linked to the activity.

Etienne B.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Yes Amilia helps us

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

I would do it again. Unfortunately, it is not quite as efficient as promised.

Pros

It delivers what it promises. The online support is superb. Prior to Amilia, we had separate systems for scheduling, billing, maintaining the client data base. It is now all integrated.

Cons

It did not bend enough for the scheduling we need. Our needs could not be met as our services are more customized than the standard sport or cultural sessions offered by municipalities for instance

Nicole D.

OGC Feedback

Reviewed on 2017/04/25

Overall, Amilia is a fantastic system in terms of it being very user friendly for members and clients. Our online registration numbers have gone up, and there are less people calling in to register now - which we believe is all because Amilia is user friendly and simple to navigate. It has definitely been a positive change for OGC overall.

However, I have been disappointed in the lack of follow up from the Amilia chat (please refer to my explanation in the survey comments) .

I also was disappointed at the beginning of our journey with Amilia as all of us here felt as though we were thrown into the deep end. I had about a 3 hour training session with Amilia to show me how to add clients, create activities, and take payments. Little did I know, this was literally the bare minimum of what I would need to know to serve the OGC community (over 2,000 members). I would have appreciated a more extensive training with myself and my team to get us better equipped for the switch.

I have several enhancement requests that I have submitted and seen nothing change, or that I would like to speak to you directly about that I believe would not only benefit the OGC, but every other company that works with you. These requests are mainly in order to save time administratively, or to ease some complaints we have received from customers. I will create a document with such requests and submit it to Betty by e-mail.

Thanks for your time,