Quickbase

No-code application development platform & online database

Michael M.
  • Industry: Political Organization

Quickbase: Easy to Learn, Rewarding to Master

Reviewed on 2015/09/18

I have been using Quickbase since July of 2011 with my consulting firm that specializes in making Operations, Logistics, and Finance-related applications for many clients in the Washington, DC area. Coming from a statistics programming background, I found it very easy to start making simple relational databases and customize the user experience to my liking. Over the years, Quickbase has only gotten better in offering more options and polish, while still remaining stable and very robust for any number of use cases. One downside to being such a broad tool is that our clients sometimes don't even think to ask if something can be done in Quickbase, and instead wasting money on a more targeted application that is more out of the box ready. We commonly find that with new clients, making a simple app starts to open up the "what ifs" in their mind on what can be done in Quickbase. This is made even easier these days with the Quickbase App Exchange, showcasing beginner level applications, and the new Quickbase Sync which allows out of the box (one-way) data transfers from several 3rd party applications.

Overall as a developer, the more time you put into exploring what Quickbase can do, the more possibilities there are in meeting requirements for potential projects.

Pros

Easy to set-up, but has a lot of depth for those willing to take the time to learn. Low-code and great for experienced Excel and Google Sheets formula writers.

Cons

They are working on this, but the front end often receives complaints for looking too plain. Also the summary aggregation reports are in need of some TLC, and adding more functionality for picky executives who want things to look a certain way. I hope the attention they are putting into the very nice looking graphs and charting options is turned to Summary Reports soon!

Sanford G.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Quick Base Has Been Good To Us

Reviewed on 2020/08/26

With QB one of the main things we use it for is to track inventory. This is used on a daily basis by the team and is an efficient way to manage may of our assets. There are other reports that we use QB for and it is a good way for us to communicate with our team without having to send multiple emails out.

Pros

QB is pretty easy to learn and use. We can put a new person in one of our modules and show them how to use it straight away. There are more advanced features that we use but those are also easy to come up to speed on.

Cons

The only issue I have had with this is customizing reports that I have already created. It took me a little bit of time in order to find out how to do it and when I tried to do it again I had forgotten how I had done it before. Maybe it's just me but this is not a clearly labeled feature.

Evie M.

Why can't website building be this easy

Reviewed on 2020/09/08

Pros

Easy to filter data, I can filter then share the link (huge for working with seniors or people on their phones), Many preset templates to choose from but still very easy to start from scratch.

Cons

Nothing so far, but we have only been using it for a short time

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Quickbase is highly customizable

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

Quickbase is a good platform for mass creation of work orders or tasks, reporting on high levels and tracking work orders.

Pros

This software can be customized for your companies specific needs, can generate work orders and dispatch them, can be accessed via mobile app or web browser and has completely customizable reporting.

Cons

Unlike other work order generating platforms, this does not have a chat feature for the person work orders are dispatched to and the dispatcher integrated within the system.

Response from Quick Base

It's rewarding for us to hear about your experience with QuickBase. Helping you get the job done so you can spend more time doing what you love is what we're here for. Wishing you a year filled with success! - The QuickBase Team.

My experience with QuickBase has been favorable.

Reviewed on 2017/12/14

We were able to build our own solution with internal resources rather than having to hire an outside consultant.

Pros

I've used QuickBase for the past three years for my nonprofit organization which has a very modest tech budget. We use it for managing a small grants program. In very little time and few resources, we were able to build an application that helps us manage all our grant applications and build charts to get an overview of our applicants. I like QuickBase's power and flexibility.

Cons

With power and flexibility comes a lot of complexity. QuickBase isn't just a single software platform; it's a whole tech ecosystem which can be a bit overwhelming to a new user. I think some progress can be made in the user interface to make it more intuitive for beginners like me. That said, I've been able to find my way and I'm sure you will too.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Good concept but could be improved

Reviewed on 2019/05/08

It’s a good service but i think there’s a lot to improve. I see companies switching to more systems/software that integrate quickbase and service now into one easier to use application.

Pros

Once you got the hang of it it was easy to use. It’s great to be able to set timelines to each project and being able to implement templates helps make the process quicker.

Cons

This software lacks a lot of features that should be integrated and contacting support can be a pain. This software would be ideal if it intertwines more aspects that would allow users to send information to others and let other users access features and timeframes. We had to print out each form and attach them which was very old school and time consuming.

Response from Quick Base

Hi there, and thanks for reaching out with your comments.

Shannon M.

A program that houses all of our client information in one place - awesome!

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

We use it daily. All of our projects are managed through the system and connected with the client. It allows for each person in our company everything that we have completed and billed for, for each of our clients. All in one place, which is key!

Pros

There is quite a bit of flexibility built-in which allows us to customize reports on the data that is most important for each manager in the company.

Cons

There are some limitations/restrictions that don't allow for as much customization as we would like. At times we have to hire a programmer to help us customize features to get more out of the data that we have stored in there.

Trish G.
  • Industry: Utilities

QuickBase is the lifeline of my daily tasks! Any answer I need, QB holds the answer!

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

QuickBase has allowed us to streamline purchasing of numerous departments into one place. Easy reference to who, what, where, and how much is at everyone's fingertips. Tracking of parts, vehicle fleet info, uniform request... we have it all right there and it is so valuable.

Pros

Easy answers at your fingertips to all your data. Organizing your purchasing, fleet, employees is a snap. Creating an app to is simple and quick. The functionality of the database makes our business efficient and provides quick answers.

Cons

I wish there was more help from QB regarding app building rather than contracting out services. When you need guidance and direction, they should be able to help you on the spot to create and correct your app to get you up and running.

Rene S.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Great cloud based app

Reviewed on 2019/04/22

We use quick base as a CRM, we keep track of our customer opportunities/activities/call logs/ email logs/ etc.

Pros

It comes with many pre-developed applications that could fit your need. You can install one of these applications or develop one from scratch. You need some knowledge to develop one but many of the ones that are already existing work. They got apps from CRM , ticket control, reporting, inventory etc.

Cons

It's very expensive for SMB's unless you use this platform on a daily basis.

• Industry: Environmental Services
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Good for simple database projects

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Experience has been good over the past 9 years. We use the tool to manage collaborative databases with key suppliers.

Pros

The tool is easy to use and quick to get up and running without the involvement of IT. It works well for us to collaborate with folks internal and external to our company.

Cons

The tool is a good fit for a small user base. The cost and quickly outweigh the benefit if the user count gets too large. I would like to see a better enterprise-level offering.

Mohit C.

High Potential Platform

Reviewed on 2015/10/15

Pros

The most useful feature of QuickBase is it's Bulk import feature. While comparing this product with others that we reviewed for implementation, this one feature stood out among others. The ease with which bulk import works especially the copy excel to clipboard feature has given enough flexibility to end users & clients.

Another feature which has very pleasantly come across is the customizations feature where complex algorithms & reports can be built using JQuery & JavaScript yet amalgamates really well with its out of box components.

Cons

1. Need better automated performance management across sites.

2. QuickBase lacks multi-lingual support which is highly required.

3. Multi-select dropdown is a must-have.

4. Licensing cost compared to other vendors is high

Carrie D.

Quick Base worked for us!

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

We brought several departments using different systems into one place, which improved information accessibility, compliance and productivity in general!

Pros

Flexibility, but with nice chunky building blocks, so you aren't making it all from scratch, mostly just configuring useful pieces.

Cons

I'm a big fan, so not much negative to say -- maybe could look a little nicer?

• Industry: Management Consulting

A way to own your data

Reviewed on 2018/10/24

Managing all the data in a single place

Pros

The extreme versatility and configurability of the platform makes it useful for a whole arrays of user, from the data manager to the administartive staff

Cons

Graphical reporting is not much advanced, and I prefer to link QB to Business Intelligence tools for dashboarding

Laura H.

QuickBase Accelerates Productivity

Reviewed on 2015/05/29

QuickBase applications can accelerate productivity by enabling Rapid Application Development with a simple low-code platform. The highest level of permissions controls with simple, easy to use forms and dashboards which provide Users with information at their fingertips. The applications I have built, enable businesses around the world to capture, share, report and collaborate as teams providing a centralized single-input source of business-critical data. QuickBase is easily scalable and allows businesses to connect their Applications to other cloud-based data sources. Taking QuickBase beyond its native capabilities is easily achieved with customized programming and support from QuickBase Developers who can make QuickBase function at the highest levels in business.

Pros

Easy to build, fast to deploy with plenty of online, community and Developer support. QuickBase is a tool to replace other data-entry software and programs. Strong permission controls; easy-to-build Forms; easy-to-build reports; and regular free updates to the interface from Intuit which invests heavily into improvements and upgrades which are at no extra charge to the customer.

Cons

Do not expect QuickBase to be a replacement for business-level Accounting software such as QuickBooks, although QuickBase can be integrated with Accounting software in different ways.

Michael C.

One of the best products I've used

Reviewed on 2015/12/15

Pros

I love the product itself, but QB customer service is absolutely the best support I've ever dealt with. The customer service perspective is excellent (fast responses, etc), but it's rare to see CS with such a detailed knowledge of their own product. They know QB back and forth. I love dealing with them and they have helped me extensively building my apps.

Cons

Despite my rave reviews of their customer service, the actual CS portal is not good. Also, there isn't much in the way of training with QB. I had to learn everything on me own, either reading the manual, bothering CS with 1000 questions, or using the community page. I would love to have had some "classroom" style training.

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Brilliant versatile plaform

Reviewed on 2018/09/21

Have worked with QuickBase for over 4 years, and have managed to develop a solution for every possible scenario.

Pros

A very versatile platform which allows for tailor made solutions.
Group policy allows for field level user control.

Cons

Some features are locked to platform level

Using for Marketing and Tenant Tracking

Reviewed on 2017/12/11

Pros

Very simple interface, enter information and you're done. Quickly updates if you need additional information added.

Cons

Sometimes requires things that are unneccessary or time consuming. Report names could be clearer so you know what you're looking for.

QuickBase is Great for Change Management Tracking

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

I used QuickBase for 2 years to document software changes and project tasks.

Pros

I like how user friendly and customizable the apps were.

Cons

The reporting tools were a challenge for the majority of my team to use.

Awesome tool

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

Pros

I have been using this tool for last few months and I would definitely want to highlight its ease of use. It is quite easy to learn and use on a day to day basis. We use it to categorise and store test scenarios by user/by test result/by module/compenent. Most suitable option for categorising and storing test scenarios for us

Cons

Only problem I saw was that if the application is left idle, it hangs and needs to be restarted to be able to search for scenarios by scenario number

Quickbase is worth the investment

Reviewed on 2015/01/13

Quickbase has literally changed the way we do business for the better. Coming from a spreadsheet environment with a limited access database where we were literally triplicating/quadruplicating efforts across many different departments its night and day. There is a small learning curve with quickbase and i would say that you should at least enjoy the idea of building out a better overall process for your company to do business with. The $500 a month for premiere seems steep and its definitely a tough pill to get passed upper management in a small business but the amount of time it can save and the deduplication (Detriplication/dequadriplication) in my case was more than worth it.

Pros

DEEP customization to tailor your database exactly how your business needs to work. Great support, Great community, and Great partners available for when the database grows beyond the scope of what one person can do on their own.

Cons

Entry price for premiere is highly restrictive. If they lowered the required users to 10 ($250 a month) instead of 20 for premiere they would dominate the space (Overtime) no questions asked.

Tamika G.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great & easy to use

Reviewed on 2015/10/01

When I started using Quickbase, I found it easy to use and very intuitive! We are still currently building certain aspects of our app, streamlining proccesses etc and I am the person spearheading that which is quite an undertaking. I am enjoying the process though and there's with a ton of support along the way from the Quickbase team. Just need to rearrange my schedule so I can spend even more time in Quickbase...

Pros

Quick & easy to understand- very intuitive
Quickbase support- Their Customer Care team is outstanding and there's a wealth of information available through the webinars, help, knowledge base etc.
Dynamic- constant improvement of the product to make it better
Easy integration with other products
Quickbase Exchange- tons of ready built apps available for all kinds of use

Cons

I can't think of any at the moment...

Jami T.

Tons of features but takes time to learn!

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

Pros

There is so much I can do with QuickBase! I can track leads - using customized forms. I can also create many different reports with different filters, and I am able to design cool charts and graphs. The ability to customize apps is extraordinary. I've never seen a CRM with so many different features - and I've used a lot of different CRM's!

Cons

With tons of features, it can be difficult to learn - especially when someone else initially created the app. You need to make sure to fully map out your "plan of attack" before creating an app or you will end up will a mess of unnecessary fields and data.

Randi P.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2017/02/09

We are able to utilize the QuickBase application for a magnitude of different functions, most frequent use revolves around Project Management. QuickBase allows for non - programmers to develop their own apps with ease. Very cost effective from an IT resource prospective.

Pros

The greatest benefit we see with QuickBase is the ability to respond quickly to our business needs. The product is flexible and easy to change. Our user group also likes having a single place to go to do multiple functions.

Cons

Reporting functionalities are lacking.

Jessica C.

Quickbase Makes Citizen Development Quick and Easy

Reviewed on 2015/10/22

Pros

Quick and friendly customer service; very engaged with clients and reliant on them for product enhancements and direction; lots of education and resources for customers.

Cons

Uncertainly about who will buy the company from Intuit; pricing based on users can be cost-prohibitive for some.

Daniel D.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Quickbase is a great program!!!

Reviewed on 2015/10/06

Pros

Quickbase allows me to create a database application without all the backend work necessary when coding from scratch. The hard part with database setup is done for you. There are plenty of prebuilt templates to customize to fit our needs.

Cons

No phone support. Not enough affordable training available. I dont really know what all is ultimately possible with Quickbase. "Everything" is too general of a statement.