3,9 (56)
Your Phone’s Other Number.

Scott R.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Second number heaven

Reviewed on 2019/12/23

Overall, it is a reliable way to add a second line to your cell phone that you can easily use for business purposes. This is especially true if you only need one.

Pros

I like Sideline because it was easy to set up. Most importantly, I don't miss calls that come inbound and it has good texting features. Also they just added a new feature that allows users to send and receive texts from their desktop/laptop. A nice time saver for longer messages.

Cons

Wish the price was a little bit cheaper per month, maybe by like $3-5.

Response from Sideline

Thank you so much for sharing!

Ross A.

Great service to ditch the landline

Reviewed on 2021/08/09

Great product that does exactly what it says it will.
I also love the voice to text options, the ability to text from it.
The ability to set multiple away messages and switch them easily is also quite useful.

Pros

I was able to stop using a landline and add it to my cell phone. I have my office phone with me at all times now and can manage when it is answered and set to away etc. Along with being 1/8th the price of the landline I can also text directly with people instead of using my personal number or a service.

Cons

There really haven't been any con's to the software. I think I have had a total of 3 calls that were of unacceptable quality in more than 3 years of use, and I cannot even guarantee that the poor quality of the call was because of sideline.

Grasshopper

Reasons for Choosing Sideline

I was able to save quite a bit and gain a ton of features by switching to the mobile option versus landline.

Reasons for Switching to Sideline

Sideline just seemed like a better deal for my particular needs.

Response from Sideline

Hey Ross,

Thank you for leaving such a detailed recounting of your experience using Sidelinewe truly appreciate the feedback and are very happy to hear how well everything has worked for you!

Braden T.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

An OK Cheap Start

Reviewed on 2017/02/09

I use Sideline as the main number for my business since we are fairly new and it makes more sense to use than purchase a second phone. I had my number go down for about 4 days though, which was terrible and more than irritated my customers. I also cannot say how much it cost us in potential clients. Their customer service took 4 days to get back to us. Even though they offer phone numbers they don't have one themselves and only work through an email. Call quality is pretty good, but you need to be right next to your phone because Sideline won't let the calls ring for very long. Overall it has worked pretty well for us and we haven't had a need to switch from it yet.

Pros

Free. Works pretty well. Call quality same as any phone. Offers texting and calls.

Cons

Must use regularly to maintain number. Terrible customer service. Had a few calls that were dropped or not properly connected. Numbers are HIGHLY prone to spam calls.

Shannon O.

Reviewed on 2021/06/09

I like that I can add a business line to my phone and have a few members of my work also have it on their phone, to monitor and make sure things are getting answered.

Pros

I like that when you receive a sideline phone call it pops up like a phone call but it indicates that it is from your sideline line. It helps add an extra line and you can be longed into this on multiple devices. Great for adding a business line.

Cons

It is harder to navigate. Finding where you are to send out a message if you want to text seems not as easy as it should be.

Response from Sideline

Hey Sharon,

We appreciate your feedback! If you have any questions about navigating the app or using any of the features, please contact us at [email protected]

Thanks again!

Angelina M.

A needed service but room for improved features

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

Pros

Sideline allows me to separate business from personal calls. I can have automatic out of office and other messages sent when clients call or text. I do not have to increase my phone data package to utilize the app but do need to be within wifi or data to accept and send calls or text.

Cons

The app does not always keep contacts saved names. So I will receive phone calls from regular clients but all I see is their number which I do not memorize. This is a glitch that does get annoying. Luckily, all contact info is stored on my phone directory. Sometimes, texts messages do not go through but I do not receive an error message.

Pamela C.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Convenient

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Pros

Sideline works as a separate line on my phone. I use it as my business mobile number.

Cons

The name doesn't appear 99% of the time (only the number), even though the caller is listed in my contacts. Calls are not always clear. Doesn't have as many features as other competitors and less than TextFree, the free service offered through Pinger (Sideline's parent company). I have always paid for the service. Customer service is not the greatest.

Nikolay R.

Great product

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

Pros

Very easy to set up and use. Serves perfectly for my needs.

Cons

Not sure about the cons. It's only hard to manage its payments through the iTunes on iPhone.

Response from Sideline

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, Nikolay!

Carla L.
  • Industry: Insurance

Good texting tool, but not ideal for mass texting

Reviewed on 2021/12/16

Good!

Pros

is easy to use, straight up, simple! I use Sideline whenever I don't want to waste money to text clients, with just the monthly payment you can text as many people as you want without getting a charge

Cons

I wish it had more options, maybe to save some auto-responses or mass texting but it does the job that is supposed to do

Samantha V.

Great for side business

Reviewed on 2017/01/08

Considering this product is free, it has great features. I use it to run my part-time business, that doesn't warrant another line.

Pros

Cheap and easy to use.

Cons

Calls and texts don't always come/go through. Slightly unreliable.

Nicholas M.

Not reliable enough for business

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

Pros

Customer support is good, though problems keep cropping up.

Cons

Delayed or lost voicemails. Customers complain they can not leave voicemail consistently. Missed calls with voicemail of call arriving much later.

Response from Sideline

Hey Nicholas,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback! If you have any additional trouble, please feel free to reach out to [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist you.

Nick P.

Works Perfectly - Increased Our Business By 60%

Reviewed on 2018/10/05

Best addition to our client/customer communications for 9 buck a month we ever made.

Pros

We use Sideline to make sure EVERY incoming call receive an "Immediate Text Message Response". Sideline knows if it was a mobile phone calling in. This is so important in the "Service Industry". People call our main Ooma VOIP online posted tele numbers (we have eight)... the Ooma numbers forward to our head technician.... If the head technician cannot take the call, or is on another line, then the incoming caller receives an AUTO TEXT MESSAGE the minute they hand up. Very Very Cool. The text message has a tele-phone number fo an Alternate Tech, a link to our web site, and a message thanking them for calling.

Cons

NONE !!! NONE WHAT-SO-EVER
The people leaving negative reviews are (in our opinion) not very bright. The Last thing you want some inquiry calling you to do Is: "Google" something they are looking for (find you), make the call and then not get you for whatever reason. Why not put a friggin' text message (with alternate tapeable tel number), a message with links, and image in their face the minute they hang up. Way better than losing the customer to another Google search. Think Different ! We don't lose customers anymore. YEA Sideline.

Angela P.

Great tool for collectors

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

It provides another option to reach those customers that already have your phone number blocked. Get more ways of communicating with difficult customers. Less expensive than a regular cellphone line.

Pros

It gives you the ability to have an extra phone number to use while collections. It has all the capabilities as any other phone number, text mssgs, voice mssgs.

Cons

The increased the cost of the subscription. Other than that the product is great and offers great features for the price.

Response from Sideline

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Angela. We appreciate your honest review. Feel free to reach out if you ever need help with the app!

• Industry: Insurance

ADS

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

the messages that get from SIDELINE are confusing me with perceived missed calls and or messages from prospective clients. I would like an option to be able to receive communication in another format, perhaps email or op out.

I will be searching for an alternative if this issue cannot or will not be addressed or resolved. Thank you for allowing me to vent.

Pros

It's an alternative to having a second cell phone.
Customers recognize the area code as somewhat local.

Cons

ADS in the form of a message, on my alerts it shows as if I missed a call or have a text message from prospective client. I understand that Sideline is constantly working for us users to find better ways to use the app, but I rather receive these BETA request and news and information in the form of a email.

Response from Sideline

Thank you so much for providing this feedback!

If you're interested in hiding all promotional materials in the future, simply go to Settings>Content Preferences>Content Notifications and click the button so that it is no longer green. This will hide all future product tips, updates, promotions, etc.

I'm sorry for the confusion! Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if you need any additional help.

Brad C.
  • Industry: Sports

Coaching Staff Support

Reviewed on 2021/07/17

Pros

It allows our coaching staff to have a single contact # that they can call or more importantly text. This will reach our entire department at once and we are able to support

Cons

None for our needs. We may have a simple use of the product but it works exactly to what we need

Google Voice

Response from Sideline

Thanks for taking the time to share how you and your team use Sideline, Brad! We're so happy to hear it's working exactly the way you need it.

Jeneshia H.

Sideline is my Business Line!

Reviewed on 2020/12/03

My overall experience with Sideline has been great for me and my business success.

Pros

What I like most about Sideline is the ability to have an alternate phone number right on my current mobile device that I use strictly for my business.

Cons

In using Sideline for 2 plus years the only issue or what I like least about it is that it doesn't populate the contact number to distinguish who always calling but I still love it.

Response from Sideline

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us, Jeneshia!

Michelle L.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Just want you need

Reviewed on 2019/07/19

Pros

This works with iphone and android. I give out this number to business clients. The best feature about Sideline is that you can block people and they have no idea that they've been blocked, and there is no extra cost for the blocking

Cons

I sometimes get errors when using Sideline

Response from Sideline

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, Michelle!

If you receive any errors, please feel free to report them to [email protected] They should be able to help you determine what's causing them.

Thanks again!

Excellent Business Number

Reviewed on 2020/02/12

I really like this platform and it allows me to know when a business call is coming in so that I can make an effort to answer every call. No more guessing whether it's work-related or not.

Pros

This software works so well no one knows I use it as a second number. I love the way you can use the settings to add a picture in conjunction with an automated reply when you can't answer the phone.

Cons

It's a dummy number and there are other platforms that can't use the number to send bulk texts, etc.

Response from Sideline

Thank you so much for sharing how you use Sideline to differentiate between work and personal calls. Please feel free to reach out if you ever need help using the app!

Excellent Option for Freelancers

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

Sideline lets me have a work phone and a personal phone without actually needing to have two phones. Great service.

Pros

Sideline make it very easy for me to neatly divide my work calls and texts from my friends. I work as a freelancer so it's super nice to know when an editor might be calling vs a friend. Being able to text from my second number is great as well.

I'm told you are also able to bring your number with you if you ever grow your business to the point of wanting a standard desk phone, which is a great feature, but I've not done it.

Cons

Very little. Works great and I have no complaints.

Diane E.

Forget Sideline when you buy a new phone

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Pros

I liked the fact I only had one phone. Ease of use.

Cons

I bought a new phone and had to transfer my app. I was unable to sign in, had multiple errors. I spent approximately 6 hours texting their help line back and forth. No one could figure out how to sign me into my account on my new phone. I did everything they told me to do to access my account without success. I lost hours of work, unknown amount of phone calls and messages missed. This is unacceptable.

Response from Sideline

I'm so sorry to hear about this, Diane. It sounds like you've already been working with our support team to resolve these issues, so I'd just like to thank you for sharing your honest feedback. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help in the meantime.

W. shawn W.

Not close to even being "professional" grade

Reviewed on 2016/07/05

I am currently involved in several different businesses and need separate phone lines for each in order to text or call clients. However, I do not want to have separate phones. Sideline does not allow for the use of a fully individuated phone number (e.g., calling out from the same number as calling in), especially when a competitor app is installed. If you are looking for communication and confidence in the use of an app that allows you to separate personal from professional securely, and thus allow clients not to access your private information, this may not be the app for you. Instead, you may have to use Caller ID block in order to "rectify this scenario" which opens a whole host of other communication issues with clients (some don't answer blocked calls, some automatically reject blocked calls, etc.)

Customer service appears to take a lackadaisical approach, stating they know this is a known issue, and it is "common", but is not aware of plans to fix the common, known issue. I have used customer service on two different occasions and been informed on both occasions by separate customer service representatives that the system had a glitch that did not allow them to see my trouble ticket. When I was not a customer, I had inquired about the actual service through the same ticket system and been in contact with yet another representative multiple times within a 24 hour period.

Pros

The app is a free app with the potential to be really good if programmed correctly.

Cons

Customer service doesn't appear to respond in a timely fashion. Also, having a ticket management system that closes out a ticket after 3 days of inactivity without responding in said time is counterintuitive and frustrating to the user.

The app does not use a distinct dialer like Line2 or even Google Voice.

The app does not allow for the use of multiple lines coming in (even in the paid version). I am assuming this is for security purposes, but in some cases multiple lines are necessary.

Christine B.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Love Sideline

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

I love Sideline. Having a business number is important to me as I am on the go between 5 different sites. I find that texting is the most convenient way of communication for most. I do not want to give out my personal number and Sideline is a great alternative. I only have to have ONE phone. Love it.

Pros

I love that Sideline works just like my regular cell phone number. It's easy to use and you can text too, which is a plus!

Cons

The only con I can think of is that the caller ID rarely works so I do not know who is calling when I answer.

Response from Sideline

Hey Christine,

Thanks for taking the time to share some feedback regarding your experience with Sideline! Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if you ever need help.

Jen P.

Very happy with this extra phone number

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Pros

I've been using Sideline for over a year and find it so functional. Unlike many of my friends who need an extra work phone number, I simply use this on my iPhone and do not need to carry extra hardware. Absolutely worth for the pro version!

Cons

Sometimes calls come up as missed or voicemails come up within the app notification, and sometimes they show up in my general phone notification. It's just confusing as I'm not sure if it's a personal or professional call.

Problems with usage and cancelling subscription

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

It seemed to work well at the beginning and was good for the price, but things deteriorated over time, causing a lot of problems with my not getting back to customers whose messages got lost in Sideline cyberspace

Pros

It appeared to be a good solution for my small business

Cons

On more than one occasion, people left messages, I saw the call listed, but there was no voicemail there. The developer had no explanation for the problem and could not fix it. I went back and forth many times with customer service. They were responsive but the problem was never fixed. In addition, when I tried to cancel my subscription, Google could not find the subscription agreement I purchased through Google Play, and I spent hours on the phone trying to stop the monthly charges. Sideline support referred me to Google, and Google referred me to Paypal. It was a ridiculous set of events not worthy of anyone's l-o-n-g amount of time spent.

Response from Sideline

I'm so sorry to hear about the problems you've been experiencing. It sounds like you're already working with our support team, but please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help in the meantime.

Jeff W.

Reviewed on 2020/02/05

I am very disappointed with Sideline. I am in the process of phasing out the number, but I still have marketing material out with the Sideline phone number.

Pros

I was willing to try this application because of the low cost and decent number of features. I like that I can have a separate number for business calls only.

Cons

Just about everything! The telemarketing calls that a business owner gets on a daily basis are insane. When using Sideline, as far as I've been able to tell, there is no way to block aggravating numbers. All calls made to your number are directed to a single phone number which makes it impossible to block unless you want to block your customer calls as well.

Response from Sideline

Hey Jeff,

I'm so sorry to hear about the negative experience you had while using Sideline. Unfortunately, robocalls are an industry-wide problem that Sideline's Spam prevention actively works to block. If you're interested in speaking with our Support department at [email protected], they should be able to work with you to find a solution while you wait for your marketing campaigns to complete.

We appreciate your honest feedback!

Psalm L.

No need for a second phone

Reviewed on 2018/07/17

Should have lower price tiers for lower use

Pros

This has cut my client cost down greatly. I don't have to have a seperate phone. The phone quality has been steadyand the texting is helpful with rescheduling!

Cons

There is this strange second message that you have to answer yes to for every call. I don't like the confirmation of the call button, but I understand it may help people who use there side line for more discreet dealings.