Church Windows Reviews

Church Windows

Web based and hosted management software for churches

4.4/5 (920 reviews)

A Valuable Tool for Church Administration

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Overall, Church Windows has served us well, and we would be unlikely to consider switching to a new church software program. There is untapped functionality for us within the current suite of modules - for example, we have not historically used all the options for tracking attendance and communicating with members. We look forward to making even better use of it as time permits our secretary and volunteers to learn how to use those parts of the program.

Pros

We use Church Windows for accounting, payroll, membership records, and donation tracking, so it is an integral part of our church administration. Because we are careful to enter data accurately and use the suite of software systematically, Church Windows is an excellent way for us to manage information and make timely reports to church leaders. We like having one software package to handle so many of our functions, and there is some efficiency to the learning curve because of similarities across the various modules. One of the best things about Church Windows is the quality of the tech support. Our annual fee allows us to contact the support staff whenever we have questions about how to do something or correct something, and since the software is used by several individuals (a staff person and church volunteers) with varying degrees of expertise, questions do arise. The tech support staff is knowledgeable, clear, and responsive to both email and phone inquiries. That helps keep our system running like a well-oiled machine!

Cons

Some of the modules seem less user-friendly to us. For example, the Donations module where we record individuals' giving and generate reports for tax purposes is not intuitive to use, and we found it very difficult to set up quarterly and annual statements in the form and format that we desired, when we began using Donations when the software publisher updated an earlier Church Windows module, Contributions. We interacted extensively with tech support in the course of that transition, and, although they were as helpful as possible, we felt that the software was less flexible than we would like. So, the bottom line is that it can take some effort to learn how to use the software, and in an environment where there is turnover in the church office or among the volunteers handling church administration, that is a bit of an obstacle.

Response from Computer Helper Publishing

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software.

Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better.

Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at [email protected]

Tammy P.

Why I Love Church Windows!

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

Pros

Church Windows is a very user-friendly software. It's easy to navigate through the different modules. I use the Accounting, Payroll, Membership and Donations modules the most. I went to their location in Columbus for one day of training when I started using this software. It was very helpful and our instructor, CSR, was excellent! Since then I have been able to breeze through the accounting module with ease. It's great for printing financial reports for meetings, payables and receivables, tracking income and expenses, creating individual funds, writing checks and processing payroll. For the most part it's super easy to use! If I do have a question that I just can't figure out, I call their customer support and they're very friendly and helpful.

Cons

The only draw back to Church Windows is when you call customer support, they can't help you right away. Someone has to call you back, normally it's within the hour. But sometimes it can be longer depending on the day and time you call. By the time you get a call back you're on to something else and you have to go back and remember why you needed them to help you. There have been times that I have figured it out before I get a call back. I believe you can pay more for immediate assistance, however I don't call very much so it's not worth the extra cost to our church. Some may want to pay the extra to get immediate assistance until you're more familiar with the software, then you can switch to the lower cost. Because it won't be long you'll be proficient and won't require much support!

Response from Computer Helper Publishing

Tammy,

Roger W.

Bang for the Buck Is Hard to Beat

Reviewed on 2019/05/22

We are a medium size church and I am the part time bookkeeper so my thoughts on the program are related to the parts of the software I use (as well as the integrations with the other modules) For the money, it's hard to beat how easy the program is to use and how quickly I can accomplish most tasks with it. I've looked at some slick web based programs that handle "work from anywhere" better, but they cost thousands of dollars per year when you add up all the features you need, and they don't offer the flexibility and ease of use Church Windows offers.

Pros

Church Windows does a lot of things nicely. I love the way the Donations module dumps our members donations into income accounts in Accounting with the press of a button. Payroll, which is tailored for churches (handles ministers with no problems) also integrates with Accounting automatically. The Accounting module allows me to book typical church transactions quickly and easily, but provides the ability to do complex accounting transactions as well. While lots of church management programs claim to handle fund accounting, Church Windows does true fund accounting which allows our church great flexibility in tracking designated donations and spending. While not perfect, the program is an excellent value.

Cons

Church Windows has a web based version that uses browsers to view Windows type screens and I find this clunky to use. I'd much rather have an app on my phone that I can use to pull up membership data when I need someone's phone number and an Accounting app that would let me enter transactions remotely when I'm away from the office. The Accounting module also lacks an easy way to handle credit card transactions - I'd like to see something like Quicken that let's you check off the charges when you reconcile the monthly credit card statement. It handles credit cards fine, just not as easily as Quicken or Quickbooks.

Response from Computer Helper Publishing

Roger,

Melissa T.

Great features but not always uiser friendly

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Despite the above reasons, I am very happy with Church Windows. It gets the job done and the reports are clear and concise (when I can locate the ones I need!). The customer service is second to none. They have always gotten back to me the same day and they are wonderful about walking me through things that I do not understand.

Pros

The features are really great. It has everything we need and even some things that we don't! The reports are clear and concise and there is a variety as far as what types/kinds of reports are available.

Cons

The user-friendliness ability is lacking. There seem to be way too many steps to do one task. Also, it is not compatible with our label machine so we have to do our labels though the program provided by the label maker (Dymo) instead of through Church Windows, which is what we would prefer. One thing I really, really wish that Church Windows offered was the ability to separate families/people into groups that we choose as opposed to the default groups. There is also no way to do a mass delete of people/families, this is especially inconvenient for people who have only attended once or twice or for a function of one kind or another. Instead, I have to go through the entire list of people one by one and delete them. If I had a couple of days to devote just to that task, then maybe I could get it done but I don't so I can't! There should be a way for people to automatically drop off the rolls after "X" amount of time. It is a huge hassle to manually go through 1000+ people in order to see who needs to be dropped or moved to inactive.

Response from Computer Helper Publishing

Melissa,

Stephanie W.

Church Windows review

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

I recently spend about 3 months evaluating other church software programs for our church. We wanted something to reach a younger audience more quickly and something more integrated with a modern web-design. I read online, talked to people on the phone and evaluated lots of other Church-oriented software. None of them had all of the components that Church Windows had. Most did not have an integrated payroll and lots did not have integrated accounting. And ALL of them were a lot more money. For churches not willing or able to put tons of money into a software option, I believe Church Windows is the best. As I said before, there is a steep learning curve at first and lots of little quirks, but overall it does a great job of keeping all of the information that a church needs to keep in one place with easy access.

Pros

The best thing about Church Windows is that it is integrated and fairly inexpensive. You can get a donations module, payroll, accounting, membership AND scheduling with online access for a low monthly fee. AND for only a little more per year, get unlimited phone support. The support is amazing. Never have I called and not gotten an answer to any issue that I was having. The modules are all integrated and talk to each other so there is no double entry or having to make sure to remember to upload something. Payroll is great and always updated with latest forms. The accounting module is good and fairly easy to use, especially for people that may not have formal accounting training. I don't actually use the scheduling, so I cannot evaluate it. Membership and Donations are also integrated and fairly easy to use. You can send professional letters and print any donation letters that you might need.

Cons

Unfortunately, Church Windows is not always intuitive. There are tons of things that it can do and it can generate tons of data and reports, but you to know EXACTLY how to ask it for what you want. There is quite a steep learning curve to really get the most out of the program. The accounting software does use different terminology and reports than most professional accountants are used to. And the flexibility to create your own reports in Accounting is not there. This is fine for most people, but if you have a professional accountant on your staff or in your congregation, be prepared to explain some of the quirks of the system. Some of the issues are because the Accounting software has to completely integrate with the other modules and so there are limitations. I for the most part, think it is great. I has taken me about 3 years to really get comfortable using all of the modules and using them to generate the reports that I want and give me the information that I want quickly and easily. Church Windows is not really quite as modern and flashy as some of the other programs out there. It doesn't integrate with a website platform. It doesn't have the ability to produce more modern points of contact like texting, or online church directories, or some of the fresh-er and more tech integrated programs. BUT, it is a heck of a lot cheaper than those other programs AND it has good, solid, integrated payroll and accounting modules.

Response from Computer Helper Publishing

Stephanie,

Charlotte W.

Use of Church Windows

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Within my genealogy society, I am able to modify the membership features to show those that are of most importance to me (membership date, last paid date, etc.). It produces the reports I want - with some help from a telephone call. I always have telephone assistance to help me, and the people are always so patient and helpful and pleasant!

Pros

As Parish Administrator at Grace Episcopal Church (Alexandria, VA), I used the membership, contributions and accounting modules of Church Windows for some eleven or twelve years. I selected the software from others and was pleased with it, and more pleased with its improvements. I attended two of their training programs (conducted locally). I was always well pleased with the telephone assistance, when needed. After I departed from Grace Church, I purchased the membership module for tracking members of a genealogy society (I am the treasurer). The membership module satisfies our dues payments and allows me to maintain membership information and produce a directory for our members (some 350 of them). I continue to be pleased with the telephone assistance. I am more than happy to recommend Church Windows.

Cons

The contributions postings to accounting that was orginally offered. The contributions entries were totaled by day, confusing my bank reconcilations. This was changed during the time I used Church Windows; so it is no longer was a problem. I saw an example of email addresses entered in the household window, rather than in the individual window. Yes, there may be individual email addresses, but I would like to see an email address within the household window (even if it is a duplicate within an individual window).

Response from Computer Helper Publishing

Charlotte,

Fred M.

Church Widows Software Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

I have been using this product for many years and have, despite the "cons" I have listed, found it to be a very usable and functional product. When our church was audited we came away with a very positive review.

I have recommended this software to several churches that were using QuickBooks.

ps. I have used other church accounting software in the past and I know there is church accounting (fund accounting) software that handles fund accounting with great ease but the price of this software is far beyond what a small church could easily afford. Church Windows is a far better product for church operations than QuickBooks.

Pros

Solid software. Software provides a solid foundation for small church accounting operation at a cost that a small church can afford. It is easy to use with flexible reports. It's focus is built around churches and church activity. It does not try to be all things to all like QuickBooks does. Because of this, in my opinion it is a much better product for church fund accounting and member needs than QuickBooks.

Customer support is good. When there is an issue or question I have found the support team to be very knowledgeable of their product and easy to deal with.

Cons

Because of the way fund accounting is implemented in Church Windows a great deal of work, caution and consistence must be observed to keep Church Windows balances matched to multiple actual bank accounts. Making payments from multiple bank accounts different bank accounts does not work. All payments must be made from the same account and then funds must be transferred to cover payments.

Some improvements should be done to provide more information in some screens. Tech support has not been open to providing additional information to some reports and screens.

There are some inconsistency between application modules layouts that take a little "getting used to." These are minor issues though.

Response from Computer Helper Publishing

Fred,

Joseph M.

Good Program with Great Customer Support

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

We are a small, small town congregation. We use the program for all our membership and financial records of the church. In general we have had a positive experience with the Church Windows program and helpline.

Pros

The Customer support is one of the best selling points of this program - professional, helpful, patient, and prompt in their replies. In regards to the program it is great how the system for Members, Donations, and Accounting are woven together, there is the ability in detail to establish security settings, and the system creates a trail for every action. For Accounting the system is robust for Fund accounting and provides a number of reports with the click of a button. We are glad to see the most recent overhaul to the software that has made significant improvements to the program.

Cons

The online mobile version is cost prohibitive for a small and medium sized congregations limiting its value for less centralized congregations and use in the mission field. Though the report creation tool is powerful, it is complicated to the point of needing to relearn how to create new reports each time one is needed (a definite time sink limiting the ability to readily create new reports). At times search results are baffling in that they do not appear to generate the full data one had requested. The interface between the Donations Module and Membership Module has the ability to create duplicates of people in which an individual's information is spread over two profiles. Lastly we have never found a meaningful use for the Scheduler Module as it is a self-contained module that can't be utilized to automatically populate online calendars or sync with other devices.

Response from Computer Helper Publishing

Joseph,

Mary katherine S.

Sufficient for our needs, but always room for small improvements

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

Church Windows is a good general record keeping software for a church. We don't use some of the features (like class attendance) but those features that we use have helped us.

Pros

I appreciate that this software helps us to keep track of our membership and visitors both, gives us a central repository for their details and helps us to track attendance trends. Where there are options to customize some of the fields that appear in the main panel for each individual person is helpful as I was able to reorder per our interests and remove from view fields that aren't important. That I could add more tags than just Member and Visitor has helped to keep a better distinction between former and inactive members as well as visitors who are 'friends of the church' (i.e. frequent attendees) versus our more occassional or one time visitors.
We upgraded a few months ago to Version 21.18.1 - I like that the newer version has a more modern look and feel than the older version we had, and maneuvers around better.

Cons

-That the Comments field is 'buried' on another tab instead of being an option to include on the main tab/panel of individual's information
-Address entry is more steps than should be necessary, and there's no way to label addresses, such as for members who only reside in the area part of the year but provide their off-season address to us as well.
-Rather than having to hunt through tabs on an individual's record, could the interface go to more of a central screen that scrolls through fields so you don't have to switch between sections so much?
-I wish there was a way in Attendance Entry to have either (or both): A. Member names bold face and visitor names not so that it is easier to pick out your members when your list of names is large B. a feature where you can temporarily hide other categories of people to make the list of names shorter.
-I have had to learn the hard way through experience to enter any visitor info for a service before I do Attendance Entry because if you stop to add a name mid-way through inputting attendance, you have to close out and bring the attendance back up again to see the new name. Could this be fixed?
-When you export reports to Excel, there are way too many tiny or semi-merged columns to be able to do a proper sort function without having to basically deconstruct the report before you can work with it. There should be an option for report export that is just raw data with minimal formatting that would make this easier to work with.

Response from Computer Helper Publishing

Mary,

Joy T.

November 2018

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

I am very pleased with the software.
I like having access to ongoing learning options in the webinars (I used to receive emails about these dates coming up but now I don't which causes me to forget to go looking for them myself!)
It takes awhile to become familiar with the software and how it works but now that I am comfortable I am most pleased that I can produce so many reports.
I am sometimes frustrated that I don't have enough data from members of the congregation or ministers to produce more detailed and comprehensive reports. The creation and development of them is sound.
The support staff is excellent in solving problems and being friendly and supportive. They respond in a timely manner.

Pros

Ease of extracting information from the data to create reports.
The number of boxes where details may be entered is excellent - every possible situation has been considered, including winter or out-of-town school addresses plus different last names for individuals within the family unit plus multi-level phone numbers and emails.

Cons

I love to have the support of the software by speaking with a real person.
My patience challenges me at times to wait for the phone call back!
Sometimes there are difficulties in choosing the right report ie. directory vs. basic because the format of the directory report is good but there are decisions embedded there which override any selections I might make for the report ie. individual vs. family identities

Response from Computer Helper Publishing

Joy,

Tonja C.

Professional & Productive

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

CWindows has been most beneficial with membership, donations and payroll for me. I hardly ever have a church member find an issue with their Giving Statement, and that says alot about the software. The revamped membership module has integrated members & visitors so much so that keying in data is a breeze. And I doubt that I'd be doing payroll if it weren't for Church Windows. Seriously, ya'll are the reason I wear so many hats over here!

Pros

I liked the software so much at my church job that when asked to "help" with the membership and receivables at the church I am a member of, I gladly accepted ... with one condition: that they purchase and use CWindows! The software is so easy to use, across the board, that I knew anybody would be able to come in behind me and learn it as quickly as I did.

Cons

The latest update was more of a complete rewrite. I lost a good bunch of data in this update, too. I've had to re-key alot of that lost data, some of which I was unable to retrieve. I'm still learning what the new update is capable of doing. It's almost like I'm having to learn a whole new program. I feel very inadequate at times when I'm in the program now.

Response from Computer Helper Publishing

Tonja,

Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software.

You should not have lost any data as part of an upgrade process, we apologize. If you experience data loss after installing and update for Church Windows, please contact us.

Bobbie J.

Church Windows Review

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

Overall, not a bad experience and the wonderful customer service/support really makes up for other inefficiencies. 3.5 out of 5 stars overall.

Pros

I love that support is always prompt and responsive. Any time there is an issue, they are willing to help as quick as they can and they are always very kind and informative.
I like that only one user may be logged in at a time to prevent duplicate or missing information. That is smart and helpful in our Presbytery!
I love the tax reporting feature in the Payroll Module. It is easy and efficient!

Cons

I do not like how slow the software is, especially now that we access it through remote desktop. All the screens are slower and printing is excruciatingly slow.
I wish you didn't have to hit the print button so many times on so many different screens before your report or confirmation actually prints.
I feel like the software is difficult to learn. You guys do a great job making webinars and help materials available, which is great. But unless someone is trained on how to do things, I don't feel like the software is very intuitive or user friendly. I don't feel like an average AR/AP person could navigate through the system and figure things out without guidance/training.

Response from Computer Helper Publishing

Bobbie,

5.0/10
Joann M.

CW Review 11/13/18

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

The best part is the payroll and the taxes. We originally were using QuickBooks and trying to "tweek" it to work. CW takes a lot of the guessing and headache out of the payroll differences in a church setting.

Pros

To be honest, the customer support. From the moment someone answers the phone until someone calls you back, the professionalism and friendliness is unmatched. I always feel like I am calling a friend who is knowledgeable about the software. At first I struggled to comprehend some of the aspects of the software because I do not come from an accounting background. It did take me some time to feel comfortable with what I was doing but once I was I no longer had fear that I would "screw" something up.

Cons

I wish some of the techs would tone down the accounting terminology when trying to explain things to me. Like I said I didn't come from an accounting background so the lingo was somewhat foreign and I felt lost when they would explain things to me. The software seems to be continuously updated which if I had the time to explore some of the new upgrades I believe I would be able to utilize them. Not sure if you have this or not, but a video explaining some of the new features that accompany an update would be nice.

Response from Computer Helper Publishing

Joann,

Rebecca S.

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Most folk who work or serve as lay leaders in a church have an clear understanding of the business end of things. Because Church Windows software is specifically tailored for churches, it enables me to report information in a manner that is easily understood over a broad spectrum of skill levels. They offer tutorials for all their modules and their customer service is second to none. Its a very rare thing to not receive a call back the same day I place a support call. Their staff are courteous, knowledgeable, and well trained. Over the last 19 years I have recommended Church Windows many, many times and will continue to do so in the future!

Pros

I've been using Church Windows since 1999. I currently use the Membership, Contribution and Accounting modules. They've come a long in the last 19 years and they are constantly upgrading their software as the market demands. Over the years they continue to solicit, and implement, suggestions from their customers. It's one thing to sell a product, but its another thing entirely to keep folks satisfied with your product for almost 20 years!

Cons

Probably the reports features, but that is mostly due to my reluctance to try creating custom-made reports. Its one of those things that you get out of it what you put into it - so no fault to Church Windows, just me.

Response from Computer Helper Publishing

Rebecca,

Gail S.

I love CW!

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

I love the software. It is much better than what I use at my "regular" job. The help is amazing and its so convenient to have everything under one program. Our Church Council has wanted to stop using it multiple times, but I have been here 22 years and always say Im leaving if I can't use it :) LOL

Pros

The software is fairly easy to navigate and work with. I've been using it for over 20 years and I appreciate that the updates are typically subtle and don't take me by surprise. I do all of the accounting for a church, so I use most aspects of the software, including Payroll. I am SO grateful for the amazing techs that all call me back in a timely manner and have always been able to guide me through any issue I'm having. I would rate the Customer Service as the biggest Pro!

Cons

Some aspects can be hard to navigate. "Normal" people have a difficult time reading the financial reports and we have to convert some into Excel for them to follow. Im not crazy about the Contributions module, It can be difficult to pair family members and the statement generating feature is a bit slow and can be difficult to interpret. I wish I could change some membership aspects directly in the Contributions module.

Response from Computer Helper Publishing

Gail,

Maureen P.

Rather keep using what we have than to try to learn something "better."

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/06/01

I dont know if we have solved anything but it does seem to make us feel the finances are correct by using this program. I feel for the ones that use nothing like in small Churches.

Pros

I like that we can call for support and almost all the time they are very helpful even for those of us that are very basic in knowledge. I like that membership, finances , receipts etc are all intertwined together. Not sure if there is anything better for a Church or not but Im not willing to relearn a system. It took our team awhile to get switched from Financial to Accounting and we struggled but like anything we adjusted - dont know how to compare as far as other systems but this seems to be fine. When someone suggested we try a spreadsheet we all said NO.

Cons

I dont like that i have to manually enter my figures from payroll when i go to Pay Bills With Outstanding Balance - with Financials those figures were automatically brought over and there was no chance of making a typo each month. It worries me every month i will make a mistake. Some of the processes seem repetitious to get to the end result but we have gotten used to it now. It takes 4 steps to enter things compared to the Financial program you used to have.
Its also hard to wait for help when we call.............several of us only work several hours a week so when we go in we are not there for the whole week to wait for a call. We may be there 2 hours and leave until we come again. We have upgraded to the premium which helps but it is still hard when we have nothing else to do when waiting on support.

Response from Computer Helper Publishing

Maureen,

Kristy K.

You get A LOT for your money with this program!

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

I use the membership, donations, and accounting parts of Church Windows. It is a very thorough program with a lot of content, but if you take the time to learn how to use it well, it can really increase your productivity!

Pros

Our office originally switched to Church Windows because we wanted to be able to use one program for our membership and financial needs. Church Windows does this and a whole lot more! There is so much content to this program, that I am still discovering new things after years of using it! It was very daunting in the beginning, but I have found the Church Windows customer service to be invaluable. No matter how big of a mess I've ever thought I made, they are always able to walk me through it and get everything in its proper place with minimal effort. They are amazing!

Cons

Because there is SO much content, it can be quite difficult to master. I believe that the individual/s using this program should be someone who is able to teach themselves and learn by trial and error. Especially in the beginning. The program will do just about anything you want it to, but sometimes it can be difficult figuring out how to communicate it correctly.

Response from Computer Helper Publishing

Kristy,

Amy T.

My Review of Church Windows

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

I LOVE Church Window software!! I have been using it for 15 years and every church should be using it.

Pros

You can do so much with the Church Windows software. It is a great way to keep track of membership and visitors. Keep track of offering and printing reports are pretty easy to do. Customer support always returns call quickly but with work with you as long as you need. I'm a secretary at 2 Lutheran churches. The both have Church Windows. One use it for every thing. The other just uses the donation and accounting. The second church is hard to get things done and organized since they don't use the full scope of Church Windows. I think I have them talked in to using it more. Church Windows makes my job so much easier!

Cons

The most trouble I have had with church windows is all the updates. The software is easy to use until they start updating the software. The seem to take something that work good and makes it more difficult to use. I'm sure that it works for the large or mega church but us little church just need simple software. Maybe they need a software for large or mega churches and another for small churches.

Response from Computer Helper Publishing

Amy,

Dorothy R.

Eastside

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

Our overall experience with Church Windows is great. We are able to keep track of our donations, pledges, great files for tracking membership and the information we need to update for emergency information and family information. Definitely a great tool for tracking our members and visitors donations and supplying them with their year-end reports for tax purposes. There are so many other services that we are offered but have not tapped into yet. Very pleased with Church Windows.

Pros

The service received. Have always received great help when I call even if it is a dumb question I am never made to feel that it is. Never have to wait long times for call backs. The Webinars are great and give instructions that are simple and easy to understand and you can get feedback during the sessions.

Cons

We do not use the accounting part and would like to see software that is simple math in adding and subtracting. We are a small church and all of our help is volunteer so we do not have an Accountant on payroll, just those that give of their time. So a software program that would allow us to enter donations, pledges, etc., and then be able to substract payments, and distributions would be awesome.

Response from Computer Helper Publishing

Dorothy,

Jennifer F.

A solid program from a company continually trying to better their product

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

This software allows us to keep track of membership and accounting. It is nice to have various companies that work in conjunction with them making certain projects much easier i.e. the Postage Saver add on makes bulk mailing very simple.

Pros

This software has incredible capability. The new upgrades have made the system much easier and user friendly, and I am looking forward to more as they become available. The company is easy to work with and has been very diligent in getting the answers whenever I have needed to call in with a question or a problem. I believe the customer service department has gone above and beyond for our needs.

Cons

Sometimes I feel as if the product has too much capability- there are a lot of components that we do not need. Still feel there are a few fixes that need to come along to make it more user friendly. Wish they would offer more frequent "intensive" question remote classes as opposed to basic beginner classes.

Response from Computer Helper Publishing

Jennifer,

Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better.

We suggest the church consider our Live Web Training option. It's more personal training. We log on to your computer to answer specific questions about your data. You can find more information at the Training page on our website.

Lisa F.

Awesome Church Management Software!

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

Church Windows has helped our church operations in so many ways. The reporting and budgeting options in Accounting have been especially helpful in financial planning and oversight. The payroll module simplifies all things related to payroll (direct deposit, taxes, W-2s, etc). Giving statements are easy to produce, as well as giving reports. People tracking is always a challenge, and the Membership module does so much to help. The support is fantastic, they know the program, and many of them also serve in their local church. Overall, Church Windows is an outstanding product!

Pros

Our church has used Church Windows for many years. It seamlessly tracks people, giving, accounting, and payroll. Each module can be used by itself, or integrated to all work together. The support people are fantastic--friendly, patient, and easy to understand. Training is readily available through online video tutorials, brief online training sessions, workbooks, and the program help feature. The user-friendly software is great for beginners, offers many features for seasoned users, and versatile enough for church volunteers and employees alike.

Cons

Nothing. I love everything about Church Windows!

Response from Computer Helper Publishing

Lisa,

Margaret H.

Church Windows Revew

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

It allows a small congregation to maintain payroll and accounting records without the added expense of hiring an accountant.
I have always found the support team to be helpful and responsive. The free webinars are also very useful - particularly the ones designed for year-end procedures!

Pros

It is user friendly for someone who is not a trained accountant or bookkeeper. Allows me to print professional appearing reports that are easily distributed to committees. The reports provide the information needed for various finance committees. Stored history in the various modules is helpful when I need to recall various transactions or help a committee remember a particular vendor or reason for an expense. Reports in the donations module are helpful during our stewardship campaign to track pledges and donations and compare them to previous years.

Cons

I do not like the most recent version of Membership! I think the previous version was much easier to read and edit. The result is that I use membership much less frequently. I also used to use it sending email blasts to our congregation but now use Mail Chimp instead.

Response from Computer Helper Publishing

Margaret,

Jeanne J.

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

Keeping accurate data on our parishioners is essential and being able to extract the info for reports and such is also important. CW software is excellent for these tasks. It also helps us track membership involvement as well as interests. This info is used to encourage involvement and participation within the church, a goal we have to help people connect with God, to one another, and to the community.

Pros

Church Windows is useful for me as a church administrator because it is flexible, easy to use and has many helpful report options we use regularly. What I like most is that it is user friendly!

Cons

There is one report that is we use for each congregation meeting and it can't be created accurately. I have to create 2 separate reports and then merge them. It took a long time to figure out why this is the case, but after some tech calls and tests, we understand why it happens. I just wish it could be created in one report because it is a longer process to make it this way. It is only twice a year that we have to do this, so it is a small complaint in the scope of of all the wonderful reports we get from CW. Generally the reports are awesome, easy to create and useful.

Response from Computer Helper Publishing

Jeanne,

Lisa M.

Church Windows Software

Reviewed on 2019/05/18

I think I stated that all in the above paragraphs. I really could not think of the way I did it before (so much more time consuming) verses what I do today and I can get a lot more done when reporting is much better.

Pros

The software has made it very easy to keep up with weekly donations, to do the deposits for the weekly donations and it makes end of the year easier for tithe statements. Also, reporting is really good. I don't have to look up for paperwork but instead I document when I pay bills what it is for and it tracks it. It comes out a certain budget line item and it is a great way of running a report when someone wants to know what we have spent out of that account. I really like when we do the budget. It gives you a grid to help you for the following years budget to what you have spent that year and what we took in. I have used Church Windows for 10 years and it has been a pleasure working with them for any questions that I have. I like the online classes that does teach me something new each time that I can use.

Cons

I think 10 years ago when I started using it, it was the hardest to set up because I was not use to do anything like this on the computer but always by paper or in books. Once I learned the software, it was much easier than I thought it would be. I am grateful that we found this software. I did look at others and found that it was not as good as this one was in support, ease of use and reporting.

Response from Computer Helper Publishing

Lisa,

Suzanne W.

Excellent program with great support

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Good, great, love it. Someone at the church recently wanted to change b/c they don't feel the membership database is up to snuff but I was very vocal that I really like the accounting module, and I have worked with MANY accounting programs.

Pros

I work mostly the the Accounting and I love the Flexibility. You can change entries, work in a current month without closing out the prior month and I find it user friendly. (see below for a colleague's opposite view re: membership.) LOVE THE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Seriously, I could not have learned this program without them. The very best, smart, patient. Great folks.

Cons

Accounting: 1. the A/R module is a bit odd. You can't reprint invoices after they're paid for example. It seems a bit less thought through than the rest of accounting, perhaps because it's an add-on. 2. There should be better interface between the modules. For example, when you change an address in Membership or Payroll it doesn't change in any other module. 3. My colleague reports that Membership a. had a steep learning curve and b. is not "user friendly" in her opinion.

Response from Computer Helper Publishing

Suzanne,