Church Office Online

Web based church management software

Glenn H.

Praise Cathedral Church

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

My overall experience with Church Office has been excellent.

Pros

It’s user-friendly and basically everything I would need an accountant to do, Church Office provides a lot of what I needed with the ability to run reports, etc.

Cons

The inability to text without using an additional resource.

Connie S.

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 2012/10/03

Church Membership Online has been a great tool for our Church and I would highly recommend it. It offers many user friendly, useful, tools that help make my job easier. I appreciate the fact that I could begin immediately using the program without attending off site training seminars which are costly. They are very dedicated to continuing to enhance the features of the program to meet the need of growing churches.

Pros

Choosing a new membership management software can be very stressful and overwhelming. I really appreciated the free trial period offered. It gave me a chance to work with the program to see if it would meet the needs of our church with no cost or obligation. It took a lot of the pressure off.
The data import from previous software based program was very smooth. I found the program to be very user friendly. I can easily find answers to any questions I encounter through the Knowledge Base online. On the one occasion I did need to contact Customer Support I found them to be very friendly, helpful and quick to respond. The video tutorials are also very helpful. The ability to allow members of the congregation to access certain areas of the program allows them to access the most up to date contact information for fellow members and in return, saves me the time of answering phone calls to relay that information and also money as we no longer need to print a directory.

Cons

I have none at this time.

Paula K.

Nice software for churches

Reviewed on 2020/06/02

Their customer service support is outstanding. If I have had questions, they have always worked to provide answers, even if they didn't have them immediately.

Pros

I appreciate that this software is robust enough to handle multiple functions, ie giving reporting, data base for church membership, directory options, and linking to security checks for our volunteers. I would appreciate a few more options on reporting, but we have used work-arounds. Most data can be downloaded into spreadsheets to manipulate.

Cons

I find the entering of new people cumbersome in the ways they have to be assigned to families.

Violet A.

Church Office Online Review

Reviewed on 2012/10/27

I highly recommend this program and this company to anyone, church or other religious organization interested in a program such as this. You have been such a blessing to us and to many in God's Kingdom and it is my prayer that the Lord will continue to bless you and use you and your programs to further His Kingdom.

Pros

I love all the features I am using on this program. This was definitely a God sent because I was looking for a church program to use for our church for financial records. It was also a blessing to discover other records are automatically generated in the process. I like the fact that the church can maintain membership records through this program by basically just entering contributions. This program is able to record different demographics. The different reports that one is able to produce at the push of a button and from just recording contributions is unbelievable. The other feature is that of customer support. I have found such support impeccable. So far I have spoken to Mike Smith several times since I signed up for the program and he makes you understand everything so easily - the respect to the individual customer is commendable. He truly makes you not be ashamed to come back with the same question. I cannot wait to try other new features down the pipe.

Cons

No concerns whatsoever.

Steve R.

Great mobile app

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

Pros

I always get what I need from the mobile app; works very well. Main software on pc is easy to use.

Cons

You have to figure out how to use group features to organize congregation.

Michael P.

Powerful web based software rich with features

Reviewed on 2012/10/02

This is an excellent church and contribution management software that provides 24/7 anywhere access to your church records and information. The already rich number of features are constantly being added to. Although packed with features, some of them do not work well together restricting the ability for on-the-fly modifications/edits in many areas. None-the-less it is budget friendly and will be as powerful as you make it based on how you utilize it.

Pros

Online access means you don't have to be in the office to access your church's data. Users can manage their own information and access their own giving records. Constant upgrades on the server side means less issues on the user side, more features, and is the start of excellent pro-active customer service. Supports child check-in, giving records, general membership information, spiritual growth and development, and new features on a regular basis.

Cons

Some of the features are "clunky" and don't allow for smooth transitions like adding new individuals on the fly during contribution recording. Creating/editing households can be cumbersome.

Jessica P.

Reviewed on 2012/10/17

I would highly recommend this system.

Pros

This system is easy to implement and the customer service is fantastic! Any problem you experience is resolved promptly! Love working with the Church Office Online personnel. I also love that it's an internet based system so you can access your records anywhere, anytime. They system is pretty self explanatory and covers all the areas you need in a church database.

Cons

The report features could allow you to manipulate data a little better. It's difficult to easily see some attendance trends on the reports. Also, I wish there was an easier way to add individuals and households without duplicating efforts. You have to add the individual, type the information, and then do the same thing all over again for the household information. It would be nice if while you are adding an individual, you could just click a button to add the household with the same information, and assign that individual to the household all in the same screen.

Chris S.

It was exactly what I was looking for!!!

Reviewed on 2012/11/29

I would highly recommend this site. It will help you organize details and events. It will also aid you in tracking families.

Pros

As a minister, there are a hundred things that I have to track; there are details I need to remember about people and about circumstances. Church office online meets that need!
I can use it any where I have my computer, tablet or smart phone. Details come at all times of the day. It is nice to be able to look up information and add information no matter where I am at.
Also, our leadership, staff, and church secretary can add updates on details of events and peoples that I can view. Instead of having to track people down for these details, they are on the site.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about church office online.

Debbie J.

Innovating

Reviewed on 2012/10/02

Would recommend this software because it is a great tool for all in the ministry (staff and congregation).

Pros

Accessible from any computer.
Really love the idea of using the iPad, mobile phones, etc.
Really like that others may sign in and use the data for themselves in other areas of ministry.
Video tutorials.

Cons

Not as easy to set up different needed areas. It would have been nice to have known more at the beginning about dates, anniversary's, church membership dates, so that additional data entry would not have been needed as much. re: the data import method.

Lara C.

Good for small churches

Reviewed on 2012/10/03

This is a great overall product. It is perfect for our small church and at an affordable price. Support team has been very responsive in responding to issues. They also seem to be releasing new features all the time.

Pros

The feature we liked the most is that this software runs in the cloud. We don't have to install on our server and all our volunteers can access. This product has really helped us in organizing our data.

Cons

Wish some functions were more customizable.

Sherman G.

Overall Pleased

Reviewed on 2012/11/28

It's a good product. Useful and growing.

Pros

We have a handle of concerns/critiques that seem to be 'heard' by the developers, if nothing else. I like that. The product does seem to be continually developing, which I like to see.

Cons

Too many 'small' yet annoying issues. We have addressed those, and will continue to do so throughout the support side of the website and/or calls in to tech support.

Jerry M.

Review Request

Reviewed on 2012/10/03

This is a great product at an even better price. I've been looking at church management software for over a year and found church office to be the best value for a small church plant. It has a lot of great features that can grow with our church.

Pros

I really like how easy it is to navigate through all the features. The display is very intuitive.

Cons

I would like to see a visitor registration module that can easily be used on a tablet.

Dana F.

Time Saving Software

Reviewed on 2012/10/03

Meets our needs as a small church.

Pros

Year end giving statements are easy to generate.
Entering contributions is fast and easy.
Support is responsive.
Software is being updated on a regular basis.

Cons

Entering new households and individuals is somewhat confusing.
Pricing is a little high, but still worth investing.

Cheryl H.

CMO Review

Reviewed on 2012/11/28

I do recommend CMO as a multi-functional data tool for any church.

Pros

Customer support is the best. Any questions or issues that I have had have been answered/addressed very quickly.

Entering new Households with individuals is simple.

Cons

Any past issued have been addressed and resolved. No problems.

Carl F.

Contributions

Reviewed on 2012/11/28

Overall a great service that would be benificial to most churches. I really like the new Mass Txt messaging serrvice.

Pros

Easy to use, fast and effective.

Cons

Hard to edit/ fix mistakes. No lock feature on pass enteries. would be nice to be able to lock out a contribution data once all data is entered for that data so that data cannot be changed. Also no quick add for individuals not already in database. User has to exit the contrubution area, add new member/visitor and then re-enter contribution area. A quick app would help save time

Anthony M.

Membership at it's best!!

Reviewed on 2012/10/04

Love this software! I would highly recommend it!! Great stuff so far!!

Pros

Love the household option, great check-in service, easy event maker, just a great system.

Cons

Easier new visitor child-check in and then add to household.

John M.

Church Membership Online

Reviewed on 2012/11/28

I recommend this product to all churches and ministries small and big!

Pros

Great product! I love how it knows the names of people automatically.. love the reports features etc

Cons

No problems

Keith M.

have stayed with it

Reviewed on 2012/11/13

would recommend to all churches

Pros

simple to work with and continually on cutting edge

Cons

learning curve on reports is a little difficult

• Industry: Religious Institutions

Best church soltware out there!

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Overall a great program, tons of features, works for everyone who works in the church, user-friendly for members and reliable, with great customer service.

Pros

Our church has tried a lot of softwares/programs for church but after going through demos it settled with Church Office Online. We are able to operate every department from our computer and keep in touch with our members. The program allows for calendar sharing, mass communication, accurate child check and even links to their giving /donating platform.

Cons

It takes a few tries to fully learn the ins and outs of the program, but the customer service was very helpful.

Ari B.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

A few imperfections, but great experience.

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

I would have loved to give CHMS a 5/5, as I have enjoyed this software and find it useful. But the above UI and other problems keep me from doing so, as they make doing certain things unexplainably harder than necessary. Hopefully, these can be fixed in the future, and I will update my review.

Pros

Church Office CHMS has some great features. They are laid out nicely and are easy to use. My favorite features and the ones I use most are Groups, Schedules, Mass Contact, Attendance, . There is a whole lot you can do with this software, and it’s ideal for administering a Parish, because it has all the tools we need in the same software. The browser UI looks great and is easy to use.

Cons

The mobile app is clunky and not as smooth to navigate as the desktop version. It also doesn’t have access to some of the key administrator features like reports or schedules yet. This makes it imperative to use the browser. It would be nice to be able to do everything on the app. Also, the Mass Contact feature is very clunky, as images do not translate well into it. It’s not as easy to edit text as your general text editors such as Word or RTF, and it doesn’t always accept input from outside programs smoothly. Formatting can get lost in transition. Also, the CHMS Mass Contactor does not seem to be able to process foreign characters, as Greek text, for example, is sent out as code gibberish which is impossible to understand.

Lisa P.

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

My experience overall has been positive

Pros

I like the interface and most of the functionalities

Cons

There are glitches in giving batches and sending giving reports with templates is difficult and you cant preview what you are sending.

Aaron G.

Comprehensive and Scalable Church CRM

Reviewed on 2020/04/10

Pros

Comprehensive church management and communication platform integrated with online giving and background checks. Unlimited user logins

Cons

Price increases and inability to repeat scheduling assignments and more flexibility in workflow setting

Michele G.

Great for Our Church

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

Once I contact the office they respond promptly and ai am able to make good decisions about the church software needs.

Pros

We are a small church and needed some software that would allow us to take care of giving reports and document membership. This software is easy to use and will allow us to expand functionality as we grow.

Cons

The only drawback Insee so far is that it is sometimes hard to communicate directly to the company. They have different titles for the different versions or parts of the software and that sort of confuses me. I think because I am not a robust user.

Ellen A.

All-Inclusive, Effective Software

Reviewed on 2020/04/06

I've been using the Church Office Online software for several years now and have watched them improve things - even things I've suggested. The customer service staff is awesome and always very polite and helpful.

Pros

This software compiles everything in one place - individual information, including family names, birthdates, addresses, phone, email address - and it uses that information when I input my financial giving each week. I can combine the giving of families, or exclude the children if they are giving separately. I can produce the annual giving statements from here using filters as needed. I can send them out manually our in email form. It helps me double check my inputting each week with the deposit slip feature and the batch totals.

Cons

The only thing I don't use is the online giving feature that allows the system to input all the giving so I wouldn't have to. But when I've used this feature, it still lacks the personal observation of what that person is really trying to do and where to put the money. I like doing this myself. It seems more accurate to me. I don't think this is the fault of the program, just the person giving's ability to make things accurate. When they say "Other" for instance, I either know what they're giving to or can call them to find out.

Response from Church Office Online

Thank you Ellen for taking the time to review us. We're thrilled you love our product!

Julie K.

Love Church Membership Online

Reviewed on 2012/11/12

We love this database and would highly recommend it to other churches. It can do a a little or a lot for your church.

Pros

We searched several database products before trying the 60 trial with Church Membership Online. We were thrilled with the product, and paid for a year's subscription. This was a great decision for our church.

We really like all of the features that Church Membership Online offers. The directory is most helpful to all ministry leads. I can easily keep the database updated without having to reprint directories for all ministry leads. We have recently linked the calendar on Church Membership to our website. This has simplified the process of keeping all information current and up-to-date. The attendance feature is streamlined and easy to use. There are many features of Church Membership that we have yet to tap into - someday! Great product, easy to use, dashboard makes all features readily available! Love it!

Cons

One of the best things about Church Membership is that they are sensitive and timely with their response to consumer needs/demands.

Church Membership can improve the following:
- various options for creating labels (For example, filter for men or high school aged youth.) - Some notes / tips when you begin entering data. We have some households that should be individuals! -an app for phones