Churchteams

Church and small group management software

Steve W.

Excellent Groups Management Software

Reviewed on 2020/02/21

We use Churchteams to track all of our data for groups. It helps us keep track of the metrics that drive group health and it helps us maintain consistent communication with our group leaders. As our number of groups has grown, Churchteams has become more and more vital to our groups management. On one hand, this is due to the volume of information that is being tracked, but it's primarily due to how effective we've found Churchteams to be.

Pros

The things that I like the most about Churchteams are its versatility, their customer service, and its overall effectiveness.

Churchteams is helpful for everything from getting people registered for groups to facilitating communication in groups at every level (from group members, to leaders, to coaches, to pastors - whatever levels you need). I primarily use Churchteams for our small groups ministry, but the software also offers other church management options, including giving and event check-in.

I've also never worked with an organization that was as committed to serving me as a consumer and pastor. We once had an issue with check in for which I submitted a service request a few days before it would be needed.[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] called me to try to help me solve the issue and when we couldn't, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was prepared to call me while he was on vacation to make sure we got the issue sorted out in time for the event (thankfully we figured it out before he had to call me). I will also get periodic emails from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] informing me that he is praying for me. I believe they make it a practice to pray for all of their clients.

In terms of their effectiveness, Churchteams has helped us grow our small groups ministry from a dozen groups to 36 groups and add over 200 people to groups over the last 6 years through the ease of communication, assimilation, and website integration (among other features) that their software offers.

Cons

My biggest complaint is that generating reports with this software isn't very intuitive. Many times I have to experiment with various options to find the data that I want. It's also not the most aesthetically pleasing interface.

Response from ChurchTeams

I'm slow to respond, but wanted to say thanks for the review, Steve!

If it would be helpful, we'd love to help you guys with other outstanding features like Workflow, Text & Email marketing, etc..

Jon A.

Best Church Management Software

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

CT support is always super fast and they always have the solution right at their fingertips. Their knowledgebase almost always has exactly what I need, and when it hasn't, my email requests for help are answered lightning fast. I am always paying less per year than I expect to, and they constantly make the service better without jacking up my costs. I wouldn't even consider making a change.

Pros

ChurchTeams facilitates communication better than any any CMS I've ever seen (and lets be honest - It's all about communication). They have an amazing email editor that you can use to create and send amazing looking email (as good or better than MailChimp), create email templates, and saved emails for sending using automation. They offer text-to-church and text-to-church functionality that makes giving and inbound communication a cinch. This software makes this solo pastor look like he has a first rate administrative team!

Cons

I cannot think of anything that I don't like, have complained about in the past, or wish I had that they don't already offer. This software meets more needs that I currently have.

Response from ChurchTeams

Thank you, Jon. It's a privilege to be part of your team!!

Kara M.

Fantastic product, fantastic team

Reviewed on 2019/10/01

Our team is genuinely excited to learn how to use this product. So many of our staff were simply fed up with the former system and many were outsourcing various functions to other products because they system was simply not user friendly. That becomes a nightmare for trying to compile usable data on a holistic level, which is NECESSARY to assess the health of the body, the ministries, or any parishioner in a church our size. And, again, the Churchteams team is beyond compare.

Pros

The ease of use is the top of the list of what I like most about Churchteams. It's simple, but so powerful. It's also one of the most affordable options and the customer service has been exemplary. Executive has been with us every step of the way, Executives are always available to answer questions and their help and expertise with the data conversion was priceless. Our team is actually excited to use it and they are learning quickly how to navigate everything.

Cons

Honestly the only drawbacks in my opinion are relate to the search function as it relates to our former product. We have a large congregation and a LOT of records. In our former ChMS (the one that must not be named - if you've used it you know exactly which one I'm talking about) we could search by partial first AND partial last name simultaneously. In Churchteams regardless of whether you're doing a people search or a merge or whatever it is, it will search as you type, but it will only search one partial name at a time. It's an inconvenience at worst, but it is something I hope they consider implementing in the future because it really does help immensely with you have, for example, nearly 500 Smiths in the database.

Response from ChurchTeams

Thank you, Kara, for this really nice review. We look forward to Pathway thriving with Churchteams!

Rick M.

The Best Overall Program

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

Previously, we had a very simple church management system that did not meet even half of our needs. Church Teams has revolutionize the way we run our office, and all of our ministries and outreach. What’s more, they respond to questions quickly, and they take suggestions very seriously as we’ve seen updates and improvements reflect our requests from the field. We LOVE ChurchTeams and highly recommend!

Pros

Church Teams covers every area of software and programming that our church could ever imagine needing. From security and children’s check-in to data management, giving, small groups, volunteer scheduling, and event registration, anyone we introduce it to comments on how easy it is to use.

Cons

Our initial transfer of information seemed clunky, but that turned out to be our own mistake.

Response from ChurchTeams

Thank you, Rick, for this great review. To hear the word, "revolutionize" is so encouraging.

Mike M.

A Good Fit for Our Ministry

Reviewed on 2016/11/10

We chose ChurchTeams after a long search and evaluation of multiple Church Management Systems. We wanted a system that was not overly complicated, and that could be used by our leadership team. Church Teams has been a great fit and we are happy with our choice. Here are a few things that we like

- Small Group Management is the leading feature for Church Teams. It does a great job integrating into our website, allowing people to search and signup for groups. It also helps us track participation in groups. Group leaders receive an email after their meeting, where they can track attendance, share updates, and list prayer requests. This keeps the group members and church leaders connected.

- Children's Check-In has also worked well for us. It's fast and quickly allows us to track attendance for our children's ministry

- Event signup and registration is another feature that we like and use frequently.

- Finally, we really like the ability to have a password protected online church directory.

Compared to other Church Management Systems, Church Team functions a little differently. Everything is setup as a group. Your ministry teams, your events, your assimilation pathway, and your classes are all setup as groups. Communication and tracking is done through adding and moving people between groups. Custom properties can also be added and tracked.

Overall, Church Teams has worked well for us, and the cost is cheaper than many competing products. We don't use the financial tracking features built into the software, since we do that through another system, but we use most of the other features. The interface is not as clean and easy to use as some of the other products on the market, but it's a good fit. It also doesn't take a huge amount of time to customize and setup. You can start using it quickly, and once you understand how it works, you can use it for more powerful functions. It's not the right fit for everyone, but for us, we have been pleased.

Response from ChurchTeams

Thanks for this review, Mike. I appreciate your clarity and straight forward assessment. It will benefit everyone who reads it.

Thanks

Nikole B.

Building Teams

Reviewed on 2020/02/17

We needed to have a means for team directors to communicate to leaders and within the team. Churchteams allows this. We also needed a means for easy access by users and the texting option and emails with Churchteams allows this.

Pros

Communication is key. The texting options, reminder emails and texts, reports to review attendance, volunteer scheduling, and communicating between teams is awesome

Cons

Not necessarily things I like least. Some suggestions are block out dates for volunteer scheduling and having a Calendar built into ChurchTeams for events. Highly recommend ChurchTeams.

Response from ChurchTeams

Thanks for the review, Nikole. I really appreciate it.

Amy D.

Best Church Software Out There

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

I have been in full-time church ministry since 2005 and have gone through 4 different church management systems, trying to find one that's easy to use, cost-effective and still gives me everything I need to track people, their giving, their involvement and engagement. Church Teams has gone above and beyond to understand church ministry like no other product I have worked with. We don't spend hours trying to click the right button to get the report we need anymore, and if I get stuck, I just call or email their customer support and have an answer almost right away. They have also established an online user community where I have learned tips and tricks from other users, and been able to help them out sometimes myself. This isn't just a software product they created - they have created a community. As an administrator, it's been valuable to find a community of people to work with.

Pros

This product is easy to use, and VERY tailored to work in church ministry. The process of moving from another data management company was easy, and we had the opportunity to customize it to suit our personal needs. Our Staff quickly learned how to navigate within the product, especially getting the information they need from the reports. But, hands-down, the best thing about this company is their customer support. They are quick to respond to any question that you have, even the "dumb" ones. They also listen to what you're trying to do and have created systems and processes based on user feedback. I love this product and the company!

Cons

Even the best can get better. I would like to see a "dashboard" created, so that when I log in, any tasks that have been assigned to me are easy to locate and process.

Response from ChurchTeams

Hi Amy,

Wow, thanks for the encouragement. Your review is so heartfelt and genuine. We love the privilege of serving you guys and pray we can always do it better. In fact, we have had the same conversations about adding a dashboard with tasks (notes) and frequently used reports. We'd love your further thoughts on that though.

Nikki S.

Excellent Church Management Software

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

This management software provides solutions for children's check-in, event registration, communications (email/text), giving, member tracking, member engagement/follow-up. It is very intuitive, and allows for automation.

Pros

I love the ease of use that Churchteams provides. It is an all-in-one software solution for churches, and they are constantly looking to launch new components of their product to improve the user experience without charging extra for each new piece. The customer support is second to none, and usually responds within minutes, not hours. I am so happy we made the switch to Churchteams when we did! They truly understand the needs of a church.

Cons

I wish there was a component to upload music, order of service, etc. so that our worship team can use the product also. That is really the only missing piece.

Response from ChurchTeams

Thank you, Nikki, for the great review. We do have the worship service planning feature on our development list, but no timeline just yet.

It's a pleasure serving you guys!

Allen W.

Best Church Software I've Ever Used

Reviewed on 2017/06/15

When I first started using ChurchTeams, I was a small group pastor with no assistant or administrative help. When we launched 103 groups that was a lot of data to potential have to input. Considering I wore several hats in our church, it would have been impossible. By sending our group leaders a link to ChurchTeams database, they set up their own groups, populated their rosters, then completely weekly reports online about their group members. It was a life saver. In Group Connection environments where groups leaders meet prospective group members, the mapping feature has been extremely helpful for prospective group members to see which groups are near them. I could go on and on. I have nothing bad to say about this product.

Pros

ChurchTeams has an intuitive interface. It is mobile friendly. The fact that volunteers can access their groups from anywhere is a huge plus. Removes the centralized administrative tasks that most church databases require. It provides both high security and usability. I have used this product since 2004 when it started as a small groups database. Now, ChurchTeams can do everything. The staff is polite and very responsive. You can pick up the phone and call the President of the company if you need to! They are always learning and improving. Always open to suggestions. I highly recommend ChurchTeams. It's affordable, efficient, and safe. As we say in the South: "Dumb if you don't!"

Response from ChurchTeams

Thanks Allen. You are too kind. I would just add that you were very helpful in our thinking about refining development back then to better serve small group ministries.

Heather S.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great software for mid-size churches

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

Churchteams is our church database. Its holds all information. All programs are registered using online forms for efficiency and accuracy. Checkin for all days/types of programs are done through it (whether nametags are needed or not). All attendance for all programs can easily be kept. We use it to schedule all volunteers as it is easy to see when their are conflicts or doubke-bookings.

Pros

Very easy to use. It is simple to get started as most of what a church needs to do is ready to go. Has the capabity to manage donations (we do not use this feature) and to do online registration (which we use all the time). Makes checkin to programs seamless and easy.
It's very intuitive which makes training easy.
Has helpful features like email and texting through the software and texting parents through the checkin system during programs (which is very handy).
This software is great for churches or organizations who dont have a dedicated data entry or IT department!

Cons

If you want to do a lot of customizations then this software might not be right for you.
The reports can be a bit cumbersome to run and, also, have limited customizations.

Response from ChurchTeams

Hi Heather,

If you need any help on reporting, please let us know. Have you discovered Saved Reports? The new User Interface we are about to release will bring those Saved Reports right to the front for quick access.

We appreciate you and are here to help anytime.

Peggy H.

Great for the Money

Reviewed on 2020/02/14

We switched from a well known expensive program that was just too difficult to use with limited customer service. We have been very pleased with our Church teams experience. The program is limited in some areas but the cost makes up for that in a big way! It does everything we need it to do.

The customer service is the best. The Team really tries to help. I sent an email to service late on a saturday night and received a reply that night with the answer I needed. That is impressive.
I like that you are always improving the product as well.

Pros

Churchteams is a great value for the price. It does everything you need at a fraction of the cost of other church management software. The customer service it FABULOUS! Cannot say enough about the high level of attentive service the team gives.

Cons

The interface is very limiting. The look on the website interface is basic and not able to custmize as much as we would like. You can do it but the process is hard it does not embed into our website template and is clunky.
This all may be a lack of knowledge issue.
Our biggest problem has bee n in the program timinig out on Sundays. We have talked with support and we still have the issue.

Response from ChurchTeams

Thanks for doing this review, Peggy. Also for spending the time with our team to help us constantly improve as you learn and sharpen your use of it. It's a pleasure serving you.

Donald K.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

I have used this software at multiple churches and you can't beat their customer service

Reviewed on 2017/10/03

Easy to use, easy to train others on, and their customer service is the best I have ever encountered.

Pros

We use Churchteams for Small Groups, Sunday School, Children's Ministry check in, Service Groups, Children's workers and background checks. It is a great one stop shop for the church at a decent price. We love that it works on all plateforms as well from PC to Mac and tablet to cell phone. We are always finding new ways to use it and are satisfied with it.

Cons

Yeah it may not come with all of the bells and whistles of social media style connections, but it works well for management and organization. Some of our more tech savey youth would prefer a newer updated software but those others are too expensive and complex.

Response from ChurchTeams

Hi Don,

Thank you for the excellent review and kind words. Serving you well really is our passion. To that end, any specific ideas related to your younger staff wanting a "newer, updated software" would be really helpful. We are constantly retiring technology debt as we call it to upgrade. Our text driven UI for example is leading edge stuff. If you have some thoughts on that, email me directly - [email protected] I would love your input.

Again, thanks for the gracious review and privilege of serving you guys!

Alex P.

Word of Life Church - Flowood

Reviewed on 2019/09/23

I've enjoyed it for the most part, it's well priced and accomplishes what we need in addition to good customer service.

Pros

It's rather easy to use and the price point is solid.

Cons

I do wish it was easier to implement into our church's website.

Response from ChurchTeams

Thanks Alex. Integration with your website should be as simple as copying and pasting a link. If there is something else that you are looking for, please let us know. Website integration is really important.

I appreciate you doing this review.

Kathryn G.

My Review on Churchteams

Reviewed on 2016/11/10

For a medium sized church the software if great! As for the one who uses it the most (for database purposes and for finances) I have mastered it however others in my church feel that it is not intuitive and the user interface is a bit out of date and not as simple/compelling as others we have worked with. Basically they wish it looked cooler :/

Pros

I think it is pretty simple and there are a lot of functions (almost too many)

Cons

It is not intuitive to the average person is you have not spent the time to really learn it!

Response from ChurchTeams

Hi Kathryn,

Great input. Of course, as you know, our design was for what I call "responsive access" for most people rather than user-initiated access which relies so heavily on user-interface. We've focused on making it so with one click from email or text, you're average person is on the page doing what they need.

That said, we'll eventually update the UI platform which is from Twitter, Bootstrap a couple of years ago.

Lila S.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Overall, it's a great decision

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

This is our first foray into a church management system and Churchteams has made the culture shift fairly easy; our financial team loves the donation tracking function; the check-in switch has gone well and offers better reporting than our previous solution; the ability to centralize information has made ministry more effective and efficient overall

Pros

The variety of functions and features available in one package (individual profile with unlimited custom fields, donation tracking and management, group management, email and texting, paid and free event registration, search features, merge features, reporting, volunteer management and tracking, checkin)
Customer service is incredibly responsive

Cons

Email editor is not particularly user friendly and requires a bit of HTML knowledge to really use effectively; reporting is well developed in some areas but less developed in others; check-in does not offer timestamp reporting or check-out

Response from ChurchTeams

Hi Lila,

Thanks for this review! So grateful that the software is serving you guys well. Keep us informed of any places you see that need to be cleaned up or simplified. We love that input!

Mario Z.

GREAT VALUE - LOVE THIS SOFTWARE!!!

Reviewed on 2016/10/10

We've been using Churchteams for about a year now and we love it. The child check-in system is easy set up and use and has a higher level of security and proffesionalism to our children's ministry. It's also made our church and group attendance as well as our congregations ministry involvement sooo much easier to track. The great thing about all of that is it makes it much simpler to for us determine where the people of our church are on their personal discipleship pathways and how we can more effectively minister to them individually.
Too many other great features to mention here.
The one area I'd rate them below a 5 is in the area of ease of creating a report - still struggling with that one a bit but I will say that Boyd, Mark and their team are extremely fast in responding when we need one and are very happy to do those for us. Their support in very area excellent - very friendly and easy to work with.
We would highly recommend Churchteams to anyone!!!

Pros

Great way to track finances and church involvement. Also super friendly people and excellent support.

Cons

Generating reports. Their support team is always willing to help with this but it would be nice if it was a little easier to do yourself.

Response from ChurchTeams

Thanks Mario, for the great review and feedback. We have reports on our development upgrade list, but no specific time set to work on them yet. Looking forward to being able to provide automated reports that are emailed to you in the future though.

Leslie M.

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

One of our current needs is to be able to track the overall activity of our members. By using CT software, we can run a report to see exactly what groups and service ministries our members are involved in. This has been very helpful during our recruiting times because, with a quick look, we can see who is already involved and who is not.
Overall, this software program has served us well.

Pros

As a ministry assistant, I track data on member and group activity in our church. I frequently make changes, moving members in and out of groups and tracking their movement. I find CT software to be user-friendly, simple and straightforward. Communication by email and text is fairly easy, and the look is clean.

Cons

I frequently move in and out of the main group page to check information on individual groups, and when I return to the main page, I don't want to have to start at the top of the page again. I would like to return to that part of the page I was at last.

Response from ChurchTeams

Leslie,

Thank you for taking a few minutes to do this review for us. We really appreciate it and the privilege of serving you guys.

Dwayne M.

An Effective Inexpensive Solution

Reviewed on 2016/10/18

We started with Church Teams years ago when it was only focused on small groups. When it came time for us to move our church database to another solution, we were excited to discover how CT had evolved. I appreciated its clean look and lack of clutter from unused input fields, along with the ability to easily add our own. Also, the concept of viewing everything we do - ministry, teams, and even events, etc. - as "groups" that people can "join" fit well with our ministry model. There are many other, more powerful (and expensive) tools available, but Church Teams is a great solution for small to mid-sized churches.

Pros

Clean look, ease of use.

Cons

I wish CT had a means to "push" assimilation of new people coming into our church. Automatic, online tracking and notifications of new people entered into the database would be wonderful!

Response from ChurchTeams

Great advice, Dwayne, thanks for growing with us! We'll keep moving forward with you.

Corey S.

We can't imagine doing Ministry without ChurchTeams

Reviewed on 2020/02/14

We are using Churchteams for all of our administrative needs. Attendance tracking, Financial tracking, and mass communication.

Pros

We love chuchteams! Their staff answer within a couple of hours of when we have a question. They are always looking to implement ideas from the user and they are updating the software constantly to make the user experience easier! I can't say enough about the use of this software! We just love ChurchTeams

Cons

I would say the only thing that is not intuitive is sending emails out via a mobile device. You can do every other function fluently across platforms and devices but sending emails out is very hard at least on my device.

Response from ChurchTeams

Thanks for the review, Corey. Have you tried the email button in the create card to send emails? It's one click from the home screen.

We love being part of your team!

Adam P.

Churchteams review

Reviewed on 2018/12/03

The overall experience is very positive. Churchteams helps us track who is making disciples and who wants to be discipled.

Pros

The customer service is very quick and beneficial. The people we interact with over the phone to troubleshoot things are very patient with us.

The software helps us manage tithes and offerings very well. It also allows us to track easily where people are serving and what small group community they are a part of.

Cons

Sometimes functionality buttons are a little complicated. For example, when trying to type in what time a certain group is meeting, you have to take an extra step to allow a certain time to be an option, rather than simply typing it in.

Response from ChurchTeams

Thanks for the kind review, Adam. We appreciate it.

Nathan S.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Easy to Use Software

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Pros

Churchteams is easy to pick up and learn with wizards to walk through common database steps such as adding people, creating groups, editing attributes, and merging profiles. I also love the Customer service and getting to interact with the founder, directly. I've made suggestions to improve the software that have been considered and implemented. It's refreshing to work with a company that listens to its customers and acts upon feedback. It's been a pleasure working with Churchteams!

Cons

I would like to see additional features in the future that provide more flexibility when running workflows and reports. Sometimes when I query a report, I need the flexibility to write criteria as "and" or "or", but this is not currently an option as far as I have seen.

Response from ChurchTeams

Thanks for the kind review, Nathan. We are really just learning all the possibilities of the current workflow feature and came up with a really cool way to save a report that will initiate a follow up workflow for people who last attended 4 weeks ago for instance.

We love this stuff and love interacting with you on it!

Jeff R.

Everything in One Place

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

ChurchTeams is awesome, especially coupled with our online giving platform, it does everything in one place. it allows to quickly generate and maintain a church directory, align groups, event registration, schedule volunteers, and a whole host of functions we haven't got to use yet.

Pros

ChurchTeams does just does about everything you could want a church database to do and then some. What used to take 6 or 7 software platforms to do, we can now essentially do with 3; ChurchTeams, Quickbooks, and Planning Center.

Cons

The only drawback to ChurchTeams is there is a bit of a learning curve. It's not quite as intuitive as it could be, but there is a great support community and tons of videos that help.

Response from ChurchTeams

Thanks Jeff!

David C.

Why pay for PCO when you can use ChurchTeams

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Exceptional organization. No issues. Highly recommend them!

Pros

Churchteams is in my opinion the best ChMS out there. They are making continual improvements. It may not have all the polished interfaces that others have, but the functionality is great! It is designed by people with deep ministry experience for ministers.

Cons

They are working still on reporting. There are some reports I still can't get easily, but they are working on them.

Response from ChurchTeams

David, thank you for the great review. We love serving you guys and getting your feedback. Cool affirmation about the current priority of working on reports. Hopefully, we'll have some new look for those in the next few months.

Appreciate you.

Anson N.

Churchteams Pioneer

Reviewed on 2016/08/08

I am a small group pastor. I discovered Churchteams at a conference of small group pastors. We connected at his exhibit booth. Those were the formative years. Trying to get accurate reports from leaders every week was like herding cats. There was no system.

Pros

With a system, I can depend on getting reports turned in regularly. Even if they don't initiate a report, the leader, coach and small group pastors receive three notices. The day of the meeting, CT sends the designated group member[s] a request of the report that can be completed on the spot. I have been a customer through severals generations of the program. The company listens to concerns and writes the code to take care of the issue. I love the training videos and interactive live training on each software component. Administering small groups is now a blessing instead of a curse.

Response from ChurchTeams

Thanks Anson. Thanks for growing with us through the years. You guys are a blessing.

Stephanie W.

Churchteams Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

Pros

It is user friendly. We have been able to make the software work for our needs. I like that we can take payments through the software.

Cons

Does not do all that we need it to do....
I also wish we could have more freedom to add and take away fields within the software events and registrations.
We have called and given feedback already!

Response from ChurchTeams

Hi Stephanie,

We are looking forward to an upgrade with the look and design of registrations, but we should have solid solutions for all the registration attributes. Would you remind us if we are missing something? Attn: Boyd [email protected]

We want you to thrive with the software in every area.

Thanks.