Yanomo Reviews

Yanomo

Time tracking for SMBs: winning insights, gorgeous invoices!

4.5/5 (4 reviews)
Robert ryngout

5 months of Yanomo

Reviewed on 2013/04/18

As a manager (of a distributed team of consultants), I strongly believe in the power of the cloud for our business admin chores: you can use Excel and desktop software forever, but at some point it becomes unmanageable and you need to change your habits. Which is why we tried Yanomo, which was recommended by friends running a similar business.

I have to say it has streamlined my business wonderfully in the past 5 months. The strong point is definitely the Google Calendar integration, which makes time tracking a breeze. Even though the product could be mproved in places, the basic functions work flawlessly. Not sure if the Japanese guy really exists, though.

Pros

It's a very reliable system that never goes down, improves monthly and works well for a big (120+) organization like mine, with several business units - can't say that about other solutions I've tried. Adaption among employees has been very high.

Cons

Reporting is very powerful but isn't straightforward - all the info is there, but you need to know where to look. Also, the interface isn't as slick as other solutions I've seen.

Reinier R.

Google Calendar sync makes it worth it

Reviewed on 2012/12/06

We are a tax lawyer firm working for roughly 100 clients, and we procrastinated quite a bit before taking the leap. Glad we did - this is our first venture into online software and so far (nearly a year) we are happy with the results.

Pros

The Google Calendar sync is clearly the money feature, as it helps us keep track of what we're doing during the day. Also, the contacts import was key to get started - so many other systems require you to fill out every single customer, which was a no-go for us with 100+ clients. Finally, the customer service is really friendly, knowledgable and quick.

Cons

The invoicing module works well but could use a bit more features. We also would like to see more integrated reporting in Yanomo.

Roderick R.

Google Calendar sync makes it worth it

Reviewed on 2012/12/06

Will B.

Worth every cent

Reviewed on 2013/02/26

Would recommend Yanomo to hours-based firms like ours (55 people).

Pros

The time tracking & expense features REALLY work. And I know - I run a creative agency where time tracking isn't top-of-mind for most workers, so the idea that you can simply track your Calendar is genius.

We also use the expenses & invoicing module and have no complaints about those. Product also keeps getting better & better.

Cons

I personally feel the interface could be slicker, but then again: I have a design background.